Airstud

Re: Cop walks into wrong apartment and kills neighbor-----the verdict

Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:34 am

Redd wrote:
Redd wrote:
Now let's see if she gets off with a light sentence because she's a woman.

I'd like to quote myself here just to underline the huge sentencing disparity between men and women for the same crime. 10 years, will probably serve less than 5. It's an insult to the family of the murdered man and to justice itself.

So if you have a vagina, go ahead and murder someone. You'll get off with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic, completely pathetic.

Got other data to back that claim up?

Also, a man raped a woman at Stanford University, his guilt uncontroverted, and he was out of jail in 3 months.
Pancakes are delicious.

DarkSnowyNight

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:27 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
One has to wonder: had the situation been the other way (the black guy shooting the White cop as she entered HIS apartment), would he get only 10 years or would he be given the death penalty?

He is a Black Male and she is a White Female cop. What makes you think he would have even made it to booking, leave alone a trial?
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

Redd

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:31 pm

Airstud wrote:
Redd wrote:
Redd wrote:
Now let's see if she gets off with a light sentence because she's a woman.

I'd like to quote myself here just to underline the huge sentencing disparity between men and women for the same crime. 10 years, will probably serve less than 5. It's an insult to the family of the murdered man and to justice itself.

So if you have a vagina, go ahead and murder someone. You'll get off with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic, completely pathetic.

Got other data to back that claim up?

Also, a man raped a woman at Stanford University, his guilt uncontroverted, and he was out of jail in 3 months.

Lol. just look it up on google. Sentencing disparity between men and women. And what the hell does that rape case have anything to do with what we're discussing? Are you one of those men who hate other men and think anything masculine is toxic? & women can do no wrong?

Is his guilt uncontroverted, by the way?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/at ... be-n894396
Last edited by Redd on Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:56 pm

Redd wrote:

Incorrect. If you have a vagina and are white. If you have a vagina and you're black, even a warning shot will land you in jail.

Which adds credibility to the argument that Stand Your Ground was really just a law for White people to be justified in any action against non-Whites.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:02 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
One has to wonder: had the situation been the other way (the black guy shooting the White cop as she entered HIS apartment), would he get only 10 years or would he be given the death penalty?

He is a Black Male and she is a White Female cop. What makes you think he would have even made it to booking, leave alone a trial?

Well, she didn't bring backup, so if he had shot the woman (considering this particular man's history) I think he would have called 911 right away. That being said, it would have been an interesting trial because I could see the trial going two ways:
1. If Guyger has survived the shot, she would be making herself a victim and trying to frame the guy as an aggressor.
2. If she had NOT survived the shot, I can see him being thrown into jail right away without bail, and at the trial, would not have been allowed to use Stand Your Ground because "she didn't pose a threat" (a police officer posing a threat to someone? surely you jest!) and therefore it's murder because "he may have had a predisposition against Whites and females", with the potential for the death penalty.

No matter what, the sentence of 10 years would be something extraordinary. Life or death penalty would have been the likely outcomes.

vikkyvik

Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:33 pm

Per the Yahoo article (from ABC I think), this surprises me a lot:

Moments later, Kemp spoke to Guyger privately and also hugged her and appeared to give her words of hope. She also handed her a Bible.

The judge hugged the convicted murderer and gave her a Bible??
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

usflyer msp

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:33 pm

I'm getting tired of these public proclamations of forgiveness when POC have been wronged. I'm not going to tell the Jean family they can't forgive Ms. Guyger but they should do that in private. I'm sick of POC looking weak in these situations

vrbarreto

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:35 pm

vikkyvik wrote:

Moments later, Kemp spoke to Guyger privately and also hugged her and appeared to give her words of hope. She also handed her a Bible.

Victims brother I believe..

einsteinboricua

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:45 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
I'm sick of POC looking weak in these situations

Or being made out to be aggressors because they refuse to forgive the actual aggressor.

It's almost like they have a duty to forgive because if not, the script gets totally reversed: the non POC is the true victim because the POC's family doesn't want to show any forgiveness.

vikkyvik

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:55 pm

vrbarreto wrote:

No. The victim's last name is Jean, not Kemp.

usflyer msp wrote:
I'm getting tired of these public proclamations of forgiveness when POC have been wronged. I'm not going to tell the Jean family they can't forgive Ms. Guyger but they should do that in private. I'm sick of POC looking weak in these situations

Who are you to say what they should and shouldn't do?

From what I heard this morning, one brother forgave her. Another didn't.

Frankly, forgiving your brother's murderer and giving her a hug does NOT make you look weak.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

usflyer msp

Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:02 pm

vikkyvik wrote:

That was totally inappropriate. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap that judge. Also, giving someone I requested religious material in court is also something a judge should not be doing.

BN747

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:22 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

That was totally inappropriate. I wanted to reach through the screen and slap that judge. Also, giving someone I requested religious material in court is also something a judge should not be doing.

Exactly, the only missing is taking her out to burger king before the clink.

Keep that religious crap out of it. I'd like to see any judge give a black(man or woman) killer a hug and bible...that'll be the day.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:39 pm

vrbarreto wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

What a moment and it's gives me hope we have a chance as a society. Her brother could have took the route many in this thread has but he didn't.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

BN747

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:03 am

NIKV69 wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

What a moment and it's gives me hope we have a chance as a society. Her brother could have took the route many in this thread has but he didn't.

Of course you're touched...

It was a innocent black dude killed in his home, his brother forgives and hugs the killer cop ...and you're all warm and fuzzy.

would this leave you with the same warm fuzzy feeling..

An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen)..and family member forgives killer black cop.
Would that event leave you equally warm and fuzzy?
Or would you be up in arms over the killer black cop NOT getting a 'for Life' sentence, sorry, but I see the warm n' fuzzy coming from you in that scenario.

Oh, I can't make it 'racial'...it was already racial from the start.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

sccutler

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 am

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Because Dallas police are professionals?

The Dallas PD is not some Jim Crow race-focused bunch of thugs; it is a diverse, well-trained force (albeit, woefully understaffed just now).

---

As for the trial results, let me first drop back to the core reality, and that is that this entire thing is a tragedy for everyone involved. It is difficult to fathom dealing with the situation like this, and we should all be thankful that we are unlikely ever to face a similar circumstance.

I don't find it difficult to believe that someone could mistakenly go to the wrong door, on the wrong floor, especially in a complex at which you have uniform floor plates with the parking garage adjacent, a cookie-cutter arrangement. And how many things had to go wrong, in a particular sequence, for this to have occurred? A trained peace officer, who should know better, but was tired and distracted; an apartment or that didn't quite latch; and other things. Again, simply tragic.

On the apparent facts, I thought the DA overcharged, but clearly, I was wrong. I have a great deal of faith in the jury system, and the jury was well educated on the lesser-included offenses available to them.

The judge did what looked to me like a good job of running a clean trial; for those who thought she should not have allowed the jury to consider the "castle doctrine" (by which the jury could have consider as a defense the shooter's belief that he/she was defending their own home), I think the judge was wise. It seemed unlikely to gain traction as a defense (and it did not), but denying the instruction on the doctrine could have provided grounds for an appeal of the verdict.

Lastly, the act of grace proffered by Bothem Jean's brother when she announced that he was forgiving Ms. Guyger for the act, and commending her to the Lord - following up with a caring embrace of the convicted murderer - was powerful. In this act, this 18-year-old from St. Lucia showed maturity and grace we should all hope to emulate.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

NIKV69

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:14 am

BN747 wrote:
Or would you be up in arms over the killer black cop NOT getting a 'for Life' sentence, sorry, but I see the warm n' fuzzy coming from you in that scenario.

BN747

See that is what I am saying. I am just glad her brother is not full of raging hate like you are. BTW you said this was racist from the start. Must have missed that can you provide any source on her shooting this person due to racism instead of just making it up? Take all the time you need.

TTailedTiger

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:24 am

usflyer msp wrote:

I'm certainly glad Guyger was convicted but who are you to tell the victims family how they should or shouldn't feel and what they can and can't do? Unbelievable.

TTailedTiger

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:28 am

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
vrbarreto wrote:

It was a innocent black dude killed in his home, his brother forgives and hugs the killer cop ...and you're all warm and fuzzy.

An innocent white woman killed by 'black cop' (which still has yet to happen)..and family member forgives killer black cop.

BN747

Wow, you are so out of touch. A black cop did murder an innocent white woman in Minnesota. Very recently too. He got 15 years in prison.

seb146

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:54 am

I have heard that, when this judge was running for election, he was endorsed by the Dallas Police Association and he was talking about God and religion with the convicted woman. Since when does religion need to be a part of court proceedings?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

usflyer msp

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:09 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

Wow, you are so out of touch. A black cop did murder an innocent white woman in Minnesota. Very recently too. He got 15 years in prison.

Did he get public forgiveness and hugged by the judge? No. I live in MN and the lady's fiance basically called him everything but a child of God during the sentencing. In fact, I cannot recall a time a Non-white convict has even been public forgiven by the victims family and hugged by the judge. His point still stands.

usflyer msp

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:11 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

I'm certainly glad Guyger was convicted but who are you to tell the victims family how they should or shouldn't feel and what they can and can't do? Unbelievable.

Botham's mom agrees with me. The son went against her wishes and she is quite upset about Betrand's behaviour. I'm just like:

Last edited by usflyer msp on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

BN747

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:23 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

See that is what I am saying. I am just glad her brother is not full of raging hate like you are. BTW you said this was racist from the start. Must have missed that can you provide any source on her shooting this person due to racism instead of just making it up? Take all the time you need.

Don't need much time at all.

Here let me translate what you just said..

You meant to say " I am just glad her brother is not fully educated on the issue of white cop/Black deaths in America as of late) of raging hate like you are (that part is for you to take some time time to define my raging hate).

And anything you missed about the race factor in this story..is all here in this thread. You either chose to overlook it or not take it seriously.

But your attempting to sound like a humane human (very unRepublican of you) in gushing over the victims brother hugging his brother's killer is prime example of 'fake sincerity on the issue of unity among races). If your feelings were sincere on this issue, you understand Black Lives Matter better than you do now instead of hating on them.

But that imagine you arepraising is one ALL conservative white me like more than anything 'the forgiveness by blacks of wrong/deadly actions by whites'...do you think that's first time that has occurred??? It has happened many times and that is only time you hear white socially conservative people applauding acts of racial unity...you won't hear that all when the situation is reversed - Ever!

So yeah, coy all you want but your act is only fooling yourself.

Now, about my 'raging hate'...do tell.

TTailedTiger wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

No, YOU are out of touch, the cop in Minneapolis was black in skin color and media made the distinction of his native land in each reporting of the story, in other words making sure the public knows he was NOT a black American cop.

The women involved was from Australia or New Zealand.
Notice the NRA and Police Union not standing by the officer...as they usually do for white officers.

It's obvious that you see the black/white dynamic on a simple plain, but the black/white dynamic (esp. on this topic) runs much much deeper than that which is why you made such a erroneous uninformed analogy.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

TTailedTiger

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:45 am

usflyer msp wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:

Botham's mom agrees with me. The son went against her wishes and she is quite upset about Betrand's behaviour. I'm just like:

Sounds like you are trying to impose your ideas on a person of color.

Redd

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:48 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Redd wrote:

Incorrect. If you have a vagina and are white. If you have a vagina and you're black, even a warning shot will land you in jail.

Which adds credibility to the argument that Stand Your Ground was really just a law for White people to be justified in any action against non-Whites.

Oh, absolutely. Race plays a very large role in sentencing disparity, black men serve more time than white men, black women serve more time than white women. The sentencing disparity between black men and black women is what you want to look at as well to see how gender influences gender disparity in sentencing.

Page 122 Figure 4.4
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/file ... /chap4.pdf

Redd

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:36 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

Sounds like you are trying to impose your ideas on a person of color.

When you have no arguments left, pull the race card. Good job Bob.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:18 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Well, she didn't bring backup, so if he had shot the woman (considering this particular man's history) I think he would have called 911 right away. That being said, it would have been an interesting trial because I could see the trial going two ways:
1. If Guyger has survived the shot, she would be making herself a victim and trying to frame the guy as an aggressor.
2. If she had NOT survived the shot, I can see him being thrown into jail right away without bail, and at the trial, would not have been allowed to use Stand Your Ground because "she didn't pose a threat" (a police officer posing a threat to someone? surely you jest!) and therefore it's murder because "he may have had a predisposition against Whites and females", with the potential for the death penalty.

No matter what, the sentence of 10 years would be something extraordinary. Life or death penalty would have been the likely outcomes.

I do actually see that as a fair assessment. Though I was being somewhat facetious with my comment... it was only somewhat.

The sentence she received was, very technically, legally fair. But only because it was legally available. And there is no doubt that a Black Male, even the same civilian she killed, would not have been treated so leniently. Frankly, it is troubling how much the Guilty Verdict very likely resulted from the fact that this was one of the few cases where a relatively demographically diverse jury was made available. Apparently this is a thing that does not occur as regularly as one might imagine due to TX' rules on juror eligibility and the disproportionate rates minorities wind up with disqualifying CRs.

As it relates to all this... It is worth knowing that, as for any felon, her life is over. She will never leave the united states again, she will be ineligible for all but the most menial jobs (even a lot of those will be unable to hire), she will not be able to live in most places worth living, and she will have to explain this everywhere she goes.

This may sound light or trivial next to a prison sentence, but this level of disenfranchisement is not nothing. It is not the Death-In-A-Septic-Tank she has earned, but it is a tiny step in the right direction for a nation in its struggle against police brutality. . .

sccutler wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Because Dallas police are professionals?

The Dallas PD is not some Jim Crow race-focused bunch of thugs; it is a diverse, well-trained force (albeit, woefully understaffed just now).

Historical context counsels against assumptions like that.

In any case, username Einsteinboricua is correct WRT the broader point here. A black man in her position would be all but guaranteed the death penalty. Especially considering the ridiculous tendencies many jurisdictions have to amplify the charges based on a corpse having been a cop vs a citizen.

sccutler wrote:
As for the trial results, let me first drop back to the core reality, and that is that this entire thing is a tragedy for everyone involved

Is what people say when they are fine with something like this happening so long as the issue is quickly forgotten about.

sccultler wrote:
The judge did what looked to me like a good job of running a clean trial; for those who thought she should not have allowed the jury to consider the "castle doctrine" (by which the jury could have consider as a defense the shooter's belief that he/she was defending their own home), I think the judge was wise. It seemed unlikely to gain traction as a defense (and it did not), but denying the instruction on the doctrine could have provided grounds for an appeal of the verdict.

And this is important. Between the trial itself, and the very light sentencing, there is little, if any, room for an appeal.

NIKV69 wrote:
I am just glad her brother is not full of raging hate.

You believe he is one of the Good Ones. . .

BN747 wrote:
But your attempting to sound like a humane human (very unRepublican of you) in gushing over the victims brother hugging his brother's killer is prime example of 'fake sincerity on the issue of unity among races). If your feelings were sincere on this issue, you understand Black Lives Matter better than you do now instead of hating on them.

This is an interesting, if somewhat amusing trend. A lot of the Maga crowd will use words like 'hate' and 'intolerance' to describe the wholesale rejection society at large affords to their ridiculous beliefs. It has long been obvious that they do not fully comprehend (if at all) the meaning of such words, rather they simply rely on perceived impact value. They do not understand that words have meaning and, in many cases, context history. It is never something I have found worthy of true umbrage, but I do have to wince inwardly on their behalf. It is tantamount to watching a dog try to sing. Or to Alex Jones give dieting and general fitness advice to Maria Sharapova.

vikkyvik wrote:
Who are you to say what they should and shouldn't do?

From what I heard this morning, one brother forgave her. Another didn't.

Frankly, forgiving your brother's murderer and giving her a hug does NOT make you look weak.

I would not have issued such a thing, in his shoes. There are actually some good reasons for this, especially where his and his families' general well being are concerned. . .

Having that been said. . . I agree with what you are saying. It is his decision to forgive or not to. I certainly would not judge or hold it against him.

einsteinboricua wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
I'm sick of POC looking weak in these situations

Or being made out to be aggressors because they refuse to forgive the actual aggressor.

It's almost like they have a duty to forgive because if not, the script gets totally reversed: the non POC is the true victim because the POC's family doesn't want to show any forgiveness.

:checkmark:

I also do have a very real concern that there is lately an expectation (not necessarily along racial lines per se; although that is probably worthy of exploration in a separate discussion) of forgiveness. Not everybody has a redemption arc in the works, and there are genuinely bad people out there. . .

NIKV69 wrote:
Her brother could have took the route many in this thread has but he didn't.

Her brother could have taken the route many in this thread have but he did not. And that is his decision. It is obvious that no one here holds that against him. But in his shoes, I would find that forgiving a unsalavagble and predatory murderess is a far lower priority than seeing to the well being of family.

I have no doubt that he is a good person and meant well. But it is very hard thing to walk that forgiveness back when subsequent experience shows it to have been wasted.

I do not believe you know this.

BN747

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

See that is what I am saying. I am just glad her brother is not full of raging hate like you are. BTW you said this was racist from the start. .

I just saw the video of the younger brother's moment of sympathy.

He teared up on the stand while professing his forgiveness to her...he then asked could he hug her, then begged by stressing 'Please!'..that was very disturbing to watch!

Now why would he do all this?
My observation tells me this kid is submersed in christianity (he needs only to understand christians in America).
The young man appeared to be a maudlin gushy type of gay dude (a huge fan/groupie of Streisand type - aka cry about anything..but hey, that's okay too it's his right)
But his now globally televised act of christianity will prove embarrassing for him personally for the rest of his life. The act of 'a good christian' will be forgotten by Monday.

I feel for this kid because his christianity will be really put to test as he steps out every single day for his newfound dubious fame.

But NIKV just basically did what all socially conservatives do in these cases and in his own words above - "that's the kind of black person I like', not the kind that are pissed about black life in America, past, present-future outlook.

You clearly prefer weak-minded blacks, the kind that will let you run them over all day long and say 'thank you' at day's end. The type conservatives prefer at every turn since the age of slavery..that line of thought has lasted for centuries. And help keep it alive.

And then there's the judge, giving her a bible then a hug...I guess Dylan Roof feels cheated by now. She out being Judge Roy Moore than Moore himself with that bible stunt.

This black female judge, and I do hope she's black conservative, because her friends will remain the same...but if she is outside that circle...she is in-store for some serious blowback from family, friends. And their 1st question will be -'When have ever seen a white judge step off the bench and hug a black guy after killing an innocent white person?'

I'd be all in for that if 'everyone was on that page'...but we aren't, we're centuries away Kum-baya, and conservatives vow to never 'hold hands and sing kum-baya-which means we will never be a society like this judge & the victims brother. Given the credit for trying...but the people who really need to learn from their behavior - won't...period.

Yeah, all in all....it is a weak look. I can only imagine how many minds were blown over at BLM HQ.

BN747

Dieuwer

Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:18 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
I read an article on how the judge attempted to interfere with the case by suggesting jurors consider the Castle Doctrine principle for the defense. Many were outraged: how exactly does the Castle Doctrine apply here? Well, according to the judge, she THOUGHT she was at her home so therefore she was justified.

The defense also attempted to claim "mistake of fact": Guyger believed she was entering her apartment and it was up to prosecution to prove "that Guyger could not have reasonably made the mistake of going to the wrong floor and opening her neighbor’s door; instead, the district attorney needed to convince a jury that Guyger intended to kill"...except she had already claimed as such (she shot to kill), so that defense was dropped and instead relied on Castle Doctrine.

I feel bad for her because mistakes happen, but saying sorry won't bring the guy back to life and she has to face the consequences.

Don't forget the "...God told me to do it..." defense.

usflyer msp

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:09 pm

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

See that is what I am saying. I am just glad her brother is not full of raging hate like you are. BTW you said this was racist from the start. .

He teared up on the stand while professing his forgiveness to her...he then asked could he hug her, then begged by stressing 'Please!'..that was very disturbing to watch!

My observation tells me this kid is submersed in christianity (he needs only to understand christians in America).
The young man appeared to be a maudlin gushy type of gay dude (a huge fan/groupie of Streisand type - aka cry about anything..but hey, that's okay too it's his right)
But his now globally televised act of christianity will prove embarrassing for him personally for the rest of his life. The act of 'a good christian' will be forgotten by Monday.

I feel for this kid because his christianity will be really put to test as he steps out every single day for his newfound dubious fame.

But NIKV just basically did what all socially conservatives do in these cases and in his own words above - "that's the kind of black person I like', not the kind that are pissed about black life in America, past, present-future outlook.

You clearly prefer weak-minded blacks, the kind that will let you run them over all day long and say 'thank you' at day's end. The type conservatives prefer at every turn since the age of slavery..that line of thought has lasted for centuries. And help keep it alive.

And then there's the judge, giving her a bible then a hug...I guess Dylan Roof feels cheated by now. She out being Judge Roy Moore than Moore himself with that bible stunt.

This black female judge, and I do hope she's black conservative, because her friends will remain the same...but if she is outside that circle...she is in-store for some serious blowback from family, friends. And their 1st question will be -'When have ever seen a white judge step off the bench and hug a black guy after killing an innocent white person?'

I'd be all in for that if 'everyone was on that page'...but we aren't, we're centuries away Kum-baya, and conservatives vow to never 'hold hands and sing kum-baya-which means we will never be a society like this judge & the victims brother. Given the credit for trying...but the people who really need to learn from their behavior - won't...period.

Yeah, all in all....it is a weak look. I can only imagine how many minds were blown over at BLM HQ.

BN747

They have me seriously thinking about leaving my church again. I'm born and raised church of Christ, just the Jean family, and I'm kind of shocked by the criticism I've been getting from other church members for being appalled by that sentencing hearing. If publically humiliating yourself so that wrongdoers might feel better is being Christlike, count me out.

BN747

Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:45 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

They have me seriously thinking about leaving my church again. I'm born and raised church of Christ, just the Jean family, and I'm kind of shocked by the criticism I've been getting from other church members for being appalled by that sentencing hearing. If publically humiliating yourself so that wrongdoers might feel better is being Christlike, count me out.

Makes sense to me!

I'm sure that 'turn the other cheek' stuff was cool when it was first spoken, but how long did it last..until it was no longer applicable becuz goD demanded a tribe slaying...?

We are a part of this global society that has many nations at war with itself over their own histories.
Some faces theirs head on...as in dealing and coping with it now with the aim of mitigating and diminishing issues that prolong divisions.
Most delay facing their past as long as possible...until it may be too late. A not so pretty ending.
And then there are those few who are not at war with their history.

But the religion divide is sure to continue as christians lose numbers to atheists and islam gains (pop. incr)...it will get worse, much worse. And only one thing could put an end to it all.

BN747

seb146

Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:35 pm

I know I asked before but posted no link but how is this judge on the bench?

http://www.startribune.com/slain-man-s- ... 562039002/

The judge also came down off the bench and hugged a sobbing Guyger before she was led from the courtroom. In addition, the judge opened a Bible to a certain passage and gave it to her.

Religion has no place in legal matters. When a black man accidentally guns down a white woman and uses the same ignorance defense, clutching a Bible in the courtroom every day, he will be sentenced to life. No question.

NIKV69

Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:39 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:

LOL Oh yea I forgot I voted Trump so I am racist. :sarcastic: dude get some new material

BN747 wrote:
But NIKV just basically did what all socially conservatives do in these cases

BN747

So I am socially conservative now? LOL. I support legalizing all drugs, legalizing prostitution, legalizing physician assisted suicide and don't oppose abortion or LBGT rights but because you hate Trump in such an unhealthy way automatically every Trump voter is some far right conservative so I must be? Your bitter partisan hatred and identity politics psycho babble is the reason you turn on the TV every day and froth at the mouth when you see Trump. It's why he got elected and why he is going to get re-elected. Race baiting and vilifying anyone that doesn't agree with you as racist won't work anymore it just divides but keep up the bad work. :wave:

BN747

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:25 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

LOL Oh yea I forgot I voted Trump so I am racist. :sarcastic: dude get some new material

BN747 wrote:
But NIKV just basically did what all socially conservatives do in these cases

BN747

So I am socially conservative now? LOL. I support legalizing all drugs, legalizing prostitution, legalizing physician assisted suicide and don't oppose abortion or LBGT rights but because you hate Trump in such an unhealthy way automatically every Trump voter is some far right conservative so I must be? Your bitter partisan hatred and identity politics psycho babble is the reason you turn on the TV every day and froth at the mouth when you see Trump. It's why he got elected and why he is going to get re-elected. Race baiting and vilifying anyone that doesn't agree with you as racist won't work anymore it just divides but keep up the bad work. :wave:

Socially conservative when it comes to race is clearly my intent...by if you'd prefer the titled you've earned. No problem.

Your comment of him being this sweet kid BS is how Racist like 'their blacks' or as a member said above 'the good ones'...it's still YOU.

Your logic and all you conservatives see a 2016 - 3 million vote loss along with a 2018 - 9 million vote against and now here..trying to get yourselves (cuz it's not working on us) to believe
that those trends somehow miraculously translate into huge vote in favor of your lying traitorous hero....is completely insane (just like him).

But personally for so many Americans like you guys to blindly embrace unlawful behavior in government leaves me to think one thing...you must be getting paid in Rubles.

That's the only explanation...or you just come to love lying losers like this guy and want 'it' for everyone else in America, that's pretty nasty disease to spread around.

BN747

DIRECTFLT

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:33 am

I hear that Amber's prison nickname will be "DoubleTap".
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DIRECTFLT

Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:41 am

usflyer msp wrote:
Botham's mom agrees with me. The son went against her wishes and she is quite upset about Betrand's behaviour.

Yet Botham's father (they have fathers in the family down there in St. Lucia you see) said concerning what his son Brandt said in court to convicted murderer Amber Guyger: "That's what I wanted to say."
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

TTailedTiger

Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:50 am

Sad to see some people with so much hate in their hearts that they would criticize a young man who's brother was murdered. What did you want him to say? Some expletive filled rant against white people?

stratosphere

Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:20 am

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

BN747

I could care less what BLM thinks.. I am an atheist and while criticism of the judge might be warranted I will not hold anything against the brother. I doubt his motivation was religious in nature. Maybe he is just a forgiving person. I don't think I could have done that. My only sibling my younger brother died over labor day weekend. We all thought it was drugs but now it appears it was a homicide. So I can say I will never forgive my brothers killer and when he or she is identified they better hope the cops get to them before I do.

SanDiegoLover

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:36 am

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

I could care less what BLM thinks.. I am an atheist and while criticism of the judge might be warranted I will not hold anything against the brother. I doubt his motivation was religious in nature. Maybe he is just a forgiving person. I don't think I could have done that. My only sibling my younger brother died over labor day weekend. We all thought it was drugs but now it appears it was a homicide. So I can say I will never forgive my brothers killer and when he or she is identified they better hope the cops get to them before I do.

Sorry for your loss. Addiction is a family disease, whether you are the addicted one or not. It sounds like your brother’s disease put him in some unfortunate situations, thus possibly leading to his death. I hope you find some peace with this in the coming months.

BN747

Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:20 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

stratosphere wrote:
I could care less what BLM thinks..

That's okay. You're simply confirming your own senseless selfish conservative attitude about the rights of others...as expected.

stratosphere wrote:
I am an atheist and while criticism of the judge might be warranted I will not hold anything against the brother. I doubt his motivation was religious in nature

And you've identified yourself as one of those Atheist that make the rest of us look bad...why?
You have no idea why you call yourself an atheist in the first place...esp. when you can't identify and washed in jesus juice fanatic when you see one.
I wish all atheist had the sh*t together... but above all, just be clear of ignorance no matter which direction you're headed with your beliefs. That is certainly not you.

stratosphere wrote:
I don't think I could have done that.
[/quote]
Now there's an honest statement...and made only by personal experience.

BN747

einsteinboricua

Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Jurors were interviewed to understand their thought process and all I can do is shake my head. It was unanimous that it was a guilty verdict on a murder charge since the defendant had admitted as much. Where the jurors disagreed on was the sentence.

One of them said they "felt like the man would not have wanted a harsher sentence and engage in a tit for tat". It brought to mind a scene from the Iron Lady where Streep's character states that one of the problems with society is that people act on how the feel rather than how they think.

What the jurors "feel" is irrelevant, especially because the victim is not there anymore to state what they desire. It may very well be true that the man is an honorable one and would have asked for mercy to the cop...but it may very well be true that he may not even care and ask the judge to throw the book at her as the judge saw fit. The jury needed to act on facts, not on feelings. This opens the door to many questions such as (again bringing race here) had the races been reversed, if the black cop would have received the same mercy because the jury FELT the woman (who would have been the dead victim) would have forgiven him. Are we justified in committing crimes because we FEEL vindicated of such?

Feelings are subjective and very prone to all sorts of biases. Facts are straight-forward.

stl07

Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:00 pm

stratosphere wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

I honestly kind of agree with both of you guys. The judge wasn't perfect at all, but I support the younger brother for being willing to move on, as it would be a hard thing to do. In the end, hating the cop isn't going to bring his brother back, so carrying on his the most logical choice.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

DIRECTFLT

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:26 am

Botham Jean's former neighbor, witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death: Police

A 27-year-old man who used to live next to Botham Jean and who was a witness in Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot to death Friday night, according to police.

Joshua Brown was shot several times around 10:35 p.m. Friday at the Atera Apartments in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road, and later died at a local hospital, according to ABC Dallas station WFAA.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/botham-jeans- ... wopack_hed

I don't know what to make of this, other than ordinary violent crime and Murder.

seb146

Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:44 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Botham Jean's former neighbor, witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death: Police

A 27-year-old man who used to live next to Botham Jean and who was a witness in Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot to death Friday night, according to police.

Joshua Brown was shot several times around 10:35 p.m. Friday at the Atera Apartments in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road, and later died at a local hospital, according to ABC Dallas station WFAA.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/botham-jeans- ... wopack_hed

I don't know what to make of this, other than ordinary violent crime and Murder.

So you expect the shooter will get 10 years, a Bible, and a hug from the judge?

TTailedTiger

Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 am

This smells rotten. If Guyger ordered the hit then she will be having cocktail time at Huntsville in a few years.

scbriml

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:43 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

So you don't think it's even the tiniest, tiniest, little bit suspicious? :o
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

TTailedTiger

Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 am

scbriml wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

My goodness, we have finally agreed on something.

N757ST

Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:30 am

seb146 wrote:
I know I asked before but posted no link but how is this judge on the bench?

http://www.startribune.com/slain-man-s- ... 562039002/

The judge also came down off the bench and hugged a sobbing Guyger before she was led from the courtroom. In addition, the judge opened a Bible to a certain passage and gave it to her.

Religion has no place in legal matters. When a black man accidentally guns down a white woman and uses the same ignorance defense, clutching a Bible in the courtroom every day, he will be sentenced to life. No question.

Are you saying the judge was racist?

The judge was a blank woman.

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:36 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

LOL. Oh yeah, I forgot I voted Trump so I am racist.

Your highly emotive and somewhat rapid support of all things Maga do not help your outmoded views on race, no.

But that in particular is not what makes your racism obvious.

NIKV69 wrote:
Dude, get some new material.

Be worth it.

NIKV69 wrote:
Race baiting and vilifying anyone that doesn't agree with you as racist won't work anymore; it just divides, but keep up the bad work.

Failure to conform to a non-racist outlook will also not work. Presuming it is still your desire to eventually be seen as someone who is not a racist.

It was very obvious. Yet you did not know that.

TTailedTiger wrote:
This smells rotten. If Guyger ordered the hit then she will be having cocktail time at Huntsville in a few years.

It is unlikely that this is the case. She is an undesirable garbage who has accomplished nothing other than becoming famous for incompetently murdering a citizen. She is not wealthy, important, or loved by anyone. There is no motive to perform this sort of labor on her behalf.

I do agree that this does seem somewhat suspect, however.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I hear that Amber's prison nickname will be "DoubleTap".

Failed to Live Through Her Sentence would be another good one.

BN747

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:11 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/05/us/botha ... index.html

More info...

The poor young man was shot in the mouth...and chest.

A message was delivered here.

Now, Amber Guyger's 'I walked into the wrong apartment' story looks shakey AF....what's missing here? A lot.

Like, she was not there accidentally, the jurors were correct...it was murder. But in the 1st degree!

Anyone 'feeling' a little jittery now about testifying against a cop (in America, that is) or 'braver' than yesterday?

BN747

scbriml

Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:29 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
scbriml wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

My goodness, we have finally agreed on something.

Had to happen one day! :lol:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.