BartSimpson wrote:I work in the renewable energies industries. I haven't had a tie or a business suit in ten years. And I love it. A tie just keeps your blood from flowing into the brain.
95 % of those I work with have no ties, either. (The remaining 5 % were bankers, you guessed right...)
Lately I had a job interview, more or less just for fun, with a big company. I wore a gray jacket and black jeans and still was overdressed.
Remember, 95 % of all white-collar crimes were committed by men in fancy suits and with ties.
NIKV69 wrote:I am lucky my workplace has a strict dress code to be on property. No jeans. cargo or any of that crap. It makes the decorum so much better. We have to tell the millennials we hire to constantly tuck their shirts in until the point we tell them to leave it's funny,
Kno wrote:Maybe I’m from the wrong generation but isn’t this whole notion that the fabric of your pants or whether or not your shirt is tucked in looks better or worse kind of silly?
anrec80 wrote:In vast majority of places in IT industry?
Maybe I’m from the wrong generation but isn’t this whole notion that the fabric of your pants or whether or not your shirt is tucked in looks better or worse kind of silly?
28 years old checking in and I do believe in having a put together outfit that doesn’t look sloppy for work, particularly id wear a fitted pair of non ripped jeans, perhaps Clark’s or a fresh new pair of sneakers, a button up or polo of some sort untucked but at an appropriate length. Sweaters and chinos might be in the mix as well. We suit up for client meetings.
Of course my sample size is relatively small but I find that most millennials dress like this and frankly were looking a lot better than than the frumpy old timers who think loose fitting khaki pants and square toed dress shoes is ever a good look.
I will admit the amount of IT guys I see showing up to work in sandals cargo shorts and anime T shirts is a bad look but if they’re happy and do great work more power to them.
While I do believe in dressing in modern business casual for work I am grateful to work somewhere where I choose it and it’s not forced on me.
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos