MaverickM11
Topic Author

State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:29 pm

"A multiyear State Department probe of emails that were sent to former secretary of state Hillary Clinton’s private computer server concluded there was no systemic or deliberate mishandling of classified information by department employees, according to a report submitted to Congress this month."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 0gvDFJ2Ay4

$1 they found a fifth Giuliani associated mafioso in the process, while Hair Fuhrer is squawking SERVER SERVER SERVER! :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

casinterest

Re: State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:10 am

Maybe it is time to investigate the Trump campaign and sue them for the defamation that they caused to Clinton in 2016. Time to Lock Trump and his cowardly campaign up.

"The investigation covered 33,000 emails that Clinton turned over for review after her use of the private email account became public. The department said it found a total of 588 violations involving information then or now deemed to be classified but could not assign fault in 497 cases.

For current and former officials, culpability means the violations will be noted in their files and will be considered when they apply for or go to renew security clearances. For current officials, there could also be some kind of disciplinary action. But it was not immediately clear what that would be.
Where ever you go, there you are.

apodino

Re: State Department probe of Clinton emails finds no deliberate mishandling of classified information

Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:51 am

I don't think anyone ever said she deliberately sent classified info. The issue is that many people believe that sending classified info, whether deliberate or not, is a crime. The fact that it was not systemic or deliberate is irrelevant. Patreus was ousted from the Military over this, even though his actions were not deliberate. Do I agree with that? Well I am not a lawyer so I will defer to the legal experts on that.

One interesting thing about Hillary today? What is with going after Tulsi Gabbard all of a sudden? I don't see what Hillary or the Democratic party gains by this and indeed this could actually help Gabbard more than it hurts her. She was a lower tier candidate who was going nowhere, so I don't get this at all.

Ken777

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:08 am

Why am I not surprised!

Over the decades the radical GOP has spent hundreds of millions of taxpayer funds attacking Hillary, only to have failed at each effort. What was the bill for Starr? $100 million? And no charges for her Whitewater investment because there was no crime. Eleven hours of testifying at the nasty Benghazi hearing with no crimes detected while Trump's attorneys telling Trump that if he is interviewed by Mueller he'll end up in an orange jumpsuit.

Hillary has allowed the GOP to develop a rancid hatred for Hillary and this is why the country and the world is stuck with Trump.

Hillary would have been such a better President and Hillary would not have betrayed the Kurds.

seb146

Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 am

The server is over at DNC headquarters, isn't it? All those documents were released by Snowden and Wikileaks, weren't they?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

afcjets

Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:11 am

apodino wrote:

One interesting thing about Hillary today? What is with going after Tulsi Gabbard all of a sudden? I don't see what Hillary or the Democratic party gains by this and indeed this could actually help Gabbard more than it hurts her. She was a lower tier candidate who was going nowhere, so I don't get this at all.

It's plan C. Impeachment won't work, beating him in 2020 likely won't happen, so it's a way to preemptively invalidate the 2020 election that Trump wins. She said Tulsi is a Russian assett and they will push her to split the Democratic party so Trump can win.

seb146

Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:43 am

afcjets wrote:
apodino wrote:

It's plan C. Impeachment won't work, beating him in 2020 likely won't happen, so it's a way to preemptively invalidate the 2020 election that Trump wins. She said Tulsi is a Russian assett and they will push her to split the Democratic party so Trump can win.

More than just Hillary. Others have suggested that Russia is wanting to split the Democratic vote because that is the only way for Russians to keep power. I actually first heard about it on left wing social media. It will probably backfire. Enough angry Republicans and center-right Democrats will vote third party or not at all and mean a landslide for which ever Democrat is running. 2020 can't come soon enough!

afcjets

Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:25 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
apodino wrote:

More than just Hillary. Others have suggested that Russia is wanting to split the Democratic vote because that is the only way for Russians to keep power. I actually first heard about it on left wing social media. It will probably backfire. Enough angry Republicans and center-right Democrats will vote third party or not at all and mean a landslide for which ever Democrat is running. 2020 can't come soon enough!

Yes there are only two possible outcomes of an election. Either the Democrat wins or we have foreign interference (or in the case is Stacey, cheating) and the Republican wins.

olle

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:19 pm

The document were stolen by Russian intelligent services and handed to wikileaks, with as it seems Trump family knowledge.

Dieuwer

Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:31 pm

People are still bitching about "emails"???

seb146

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:00 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Yes. Clinton Derangement Syndrome is strong. They will keep investigating and not rest until they actually find something. It will never happen, but CDS is a sad thing....

einsteinboricua

Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:01 pm

apodino wrote:
I don't think anyone ever said she deliberately sent classified info.

That's not what was said during the 2016 campaign. Republicans at every level insisted that she should not be president because she mishandled classified information and attempted to conceal information, even though many of the emails that ended up being classified were retroactively classified (i.e., they were unclassified (or considered as such) when sent).

apodino wrote:
The issue is that many people believe that sending classified info, whether deliberate or not, is a crime. The fact that it was not systemic or deliberate is irrelevant.

Working with classified information, it is COMPLETELY relevant whether it was systemic or deliberate. I've seen a few instances of data spills, where classified information is leaked onto unclassified mediums, and computers have to be scrubbed (or where unclassified media is accidentally plugged into a classified system, thus making it classified). Accidents like that are considered infractions/violations if it's determined to have been negligence and not deliberate. In the case of the emails, the majority of them were not labeled as classified so there was no deliberate attempt to mishandle classified information. Negligence? Possibly. With many being retroactively classified, it's hard to determine if they knew at the time the information was classified. Deliberate? Nope.

apodino wrote:
Patreus was ousted from the Military over this, even though his actions were not deliberate. Do I agree with that? Well I am not a lawyer so I will defer to the legal experts on that.

It is one thing to inadvertently share classified information; it's another to deliberate share it. Petraeus's scandal was because he knew he was sharing not just stuff labeled Secret, but stuff all the way to Top Secret. Not only that, but he was sharing it with an uncleared person (i.e. there was not a Need To Know situation for his mistress). Even in marriages, if someone works with classified information, their spouse never knows unless they also work in the same project and same team.

apodino wrote:

Seems Gabbard can't take the heat. Clinton is a private citizen and entitled to give her opinion on anything. A candidate that barely registers 1% in many polls and complains about the process is one to watch out for since they can play spoiler.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

LittleSprocket

Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:28 am

The funny thing about mishandling classified information is that it doesn’t have to be deliberate to be prosecuted for it. If I did any of what was done while Hillary ran the State Department I’d be busting rocks in Leavenworth for the rest of my life.

seb146

Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:24 pm

IIRC, some of those emails were redacted and retroactively classified to play gotcha with Hillary. When is that investigation going to take place?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/1 ... d-document

einsteinboricua

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:25 pm

Interestingly enough, all the major news outlets that ran big headlines, 24/7 coverage, and/or front page editions with the story suddenly buried deep within the sites/papers.

Even worse: they have yet to even speak out about how the Trumps and Kushner (among others high level officials) have admitted to using personal devices for official work.

casinterest

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:27 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Interestingly enough, all the major news outlets that ran big headlines, 24/7 coverage, and/or front page editions with the story suddenly buried deep within the sites/papers.

Even worse: they have yet to even speak out about how the Trumps and Kushner (among others high level officials) have admitted to using personal devices for official work.

I think this will be part of the election strategy. They will hit Trump hard for it as time moves forward.

einsteinboricua

Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:53 pm

casinterest wrote:
I think this will be part of the election strategy. They will hit Trump hard for it as time moves forward.

Will they? Or will they focus more on Biden's gaffes, Warren's ancestry and plans, and/or Sanders's far left rhetoric?

jdstJD

Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:02 pm

afcjets wrote:
apodino wrote:

I doubt that. If it were that easy to invalidate an election by the dems your guy would be long gone living over in Greenland by now ;)
Lawyer, frequent air traveler and aviation enthusiast.

afcjets

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:51 pm

jdstJD wrote:
afcjets wrote:
apodino wrote:

I doubt that. If it were that easy to invalidate an election by the dems your guy would be long gone living over in Greenland by now ;)

I didn't mean literally invalidate it. I meant the narrative now is Trump is only President because of cheating and Russian interference, so many Democrats believe he is an illegitimate President. If he wins in 2020 it will be for the same reasons and his reelection will be just as illegitimate as his election was in 2016. There are only two possible outcomes, the Democrats win or cheating occurred.

seb146

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:15 am

afcjets wrote:
jdstJD wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I didn't mean literally invalidate it. I meant the narrative now is Trump is only President because of cheating and Russian interference, so many Democrats believe he is an illegitimate President. If he wins in 2020 it will be for the same reasons and his reelection will be just as illegitimate as his election was in 2016. There are only two possible outcomes, the Democrats win or cheating occurred.

So why can't MAGA fans and Republicans literally read and research evidence that says Russia interfered? Why didn't Republicans work with Obama and help him get his agenda passed? You know: like we are supposed to do now? I can not tell you how many Republicans referred to Obama as "the chosen one" and "the president select" and how many Republicans actually believed that Obama was never a legitimate president, even though there is literally zero evidence points to any interference. So what is the difference? We are supposed to blindly support an old rich white guy when we have evidence a foreign government interfered?

EDIT:

I am starting to understand why so many lawyers are in politics: they can work grey areas very well. They can bend laws to fit their needs. The current occupant of the White House does not even try. It is all a TV show to him. It is all publicity to sell his brand. He is not advancing an agenda of a sector of society. He is selling his brand. Nothing more. He has a fragile ego and was easy to manipulate. Just give him some compliments and flash dollar signs and he is putty. Russia could not do that with Cruz or Rubio or Huntsmann. Look at the "Christians" who support this guy. They say how moral and how upstanding he is. Grabbing women's genitals, hiring prostitutes, lying on tax returns, denying services to Americans, putting money ahead of family.... Traditional Christian values.

casinterest

Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:40 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Will they? Or will they focus more on Biden's gaffes, Warren's ancestry and plans, and/or Sanders's far left rhetoric?

The DNC has some issues to work through, and until they get a settled candidate , there is no reason to attack Trump,when he just keeps building the playbook. Remember winning the Presidency would be nice, but it is far more imperative for the DNC to take the House and Senate.

Pyrex

Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:33 am

I work in a highly regulated industry in the private sector. If I fart while I am on the clock, my employer needs to keep a sample of my gaseous excretions on file in case somr overzealous prosecutor looking to make a career wants to challenge me on what I had for breakfast 10 years from now. If I spent my entire career storing all my emails in a server in my bathroom, and my employer know about it and did nothing, they would get slapped with a fine so large it could imperil an entire year's with of earnings, and vIv never would be able to find a job in the same industry again. If I then destroyed am evidence of it while under investigation, I would have been arrested.

I know government likes to exempt themselves of all the laws they pass for the little people, but pretty sure something similar applies.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

afcjets

Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:33 am

seb146 wrote:
So why can't MAGA fans and Republicans literally read and research evidence that says Russia interfered? Why didn't Republicans work with Obama and help him get his agenda passed? You know: like we are supposed to do now? I can not tell you how many Republicans referred to Obama as "the chosen one" and "the president select" and how many Republicans actually believed that Obama was never a legitimate president, even though there is literally zero evidence points to any interference. So what is the difference? We are supposed to blindly support an old rich white guy when we have evidence a foreign government interfered?

EDIT:

I am starting to understand why so many lawyers are in politics: they can work grey areas very well. They can bend laws to fit their needs. The current occupant of the White House does not even try. It is all a TV show to him. It is all publicity to sell his brand. He is not advancing an agenda of a sector of society. He is selling his brand. Nothing more. He has a fragile ego and was easy to manipulate. Just give him some compliments and flash dollar signs and he is putty. Russia could not do that with Cruz or Rubio or Huntsmann. Look at the "Christians" who support this guy. They say how moral and how upstanding he is. Grabbing women's genitals, hiring prostitutes, lying on tax returns, denying services to Americans, putting money ahead of family.... Traditional Christian values.

No one is denying Russian interference and it wasn't the first time and we have done the same to other countries. Jared said the $160,000 Russia spent on Facebook ads was what he spent every three hours. What some of us believe is Russia had no impact on the election, Hillary ran a terrible campaign and Trump ran a much better one.

The Trump brand has been damaged by his Presidency not helped.

https://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner- ... on-1403895

BN747

Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:58 am

Pyrex wrote:
I work in a highly regulated industry in the private sector. If I fart while I am on the clock, my employer needs to keep a sample of my gaseous excretions on file in case somr overzealous prosecutor looking to make a career wants to challenge me on what I had for breakfast 10 years from now. If I spent my entire career storing all ?

my emails in a server in my bathroom, and my employer know about it and did nothing, they would get slapped with a fine so large it could imperil an entire year's with of earnings, and vIv never would be able to find a job in the same industry again. If I then destroyed am evidence of it while under investigation, I would have been arrested.

I know government likes to exempt themselves of all the laws they pass for the little people, but pretty sure something similar applies.

One question...do they also read your A.net post...in Non-Av?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

BN747

Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:00 am

But, But, But...Hillary's emails! We need to see them..and read them!

Like we did with the Mueller Report, we did read it, okay some of it...okay, we just saw the title page!

MAGA BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seb146

Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:30 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

No one is denying Russian interference

Why, then, do MAGA fans insist that Russia did not interfere in our elections? And, then, MAGA fans demand we stop talking about the election and Hillary and say this guy is just the greatest ever. Even with all the facts laid out in front of us, we are all just supposed to ignore all that and just blindly and mindlessly say he is the greatest leader in the history of leaders? Nope. I have facts and I will not line up behind this guy.

afcjets wrote:
Jared said the $160,000 Russia spent on Facebook ads was what he spent every three hours. What some of us believe is Russia had no impact on the election, Hillary ran a terrible campaign and Trump ran a much better one.

Jared said it, so it must be true. That's all you got? Okay. You are just going to ignore the troll farms and all the fake comments and stories that were posted and continue to be posted? It still happens here. No need for ads. Just people sitting in front of their computer in Mother Russia insisting that MAGA and he is the great savior for our nation and all that BS. They ran the same campaign. The difference was right wing voters who were sick and tired of minorities being in charge and honestly fear white identity being lost. That was part of why he won. He played on those fears. And he still lost by 3,000,000 votes. His victories in Ohio and Wisconsin were razor thin.

afcjets

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:34 pm

seb146 wrote:
Why, then, do MAGA fans insist that Russia did not interfere in our elections? And, then, MAGA fans demand we stop talking about the election and Hillary and say this guy is just the greatest ever. Even with all the facts laid out in front of us, we are all just supposed to ignore all that and just blindly and mindlessly say he is the greatest leader in the history of leaders? Nope. I have facts and I will not line up behind this guy.

No one insists Russia didn't interfere, MAGA fans don't think it's why Hillary lost. We will continue to talk about Hillary at least until you stop accusing Trump of what she has done. Her fake Steele dossier is what led to a two year SC investigation. Also, just like Joe deciding to run for President does not mean he becomes immune from investigation, if Hillary broke the law losing the Presidency does not make her immune from prosecution.

seb146 wrote:
Jared said it, so it must be true. That's all you got? Okay. You are just going to ignore the troll farms and all the fake comments and stories that were posted and continue to be posted? It still happens here. No need for ads. Just people sitting in front of their computer in Mother Russia insisting that MAGA and he is the great savior for our nation and all that BS. They ran the same campaign. The difference was right wing voters who were sick and tired of minorities being in charge and honestly fear white identity being lost. That was part of why he won. He played on those fears. And he still lost by 3,000,000 votes. His victories in Ohio and Wisconsin were razor thin.

Should we give Ohio and Wisconsin to Hillary then since his margins were razor then?
Last edited by afcjets on Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

No one insists Russia didn't interfere, MAGA fans don't think it's why Hillary lost. We will continue to talk about Hillary at least until you stop accusing Trump of what she has done. Her fake Steele dossier is what led to a two year SC investigation. Also, just like Joe deciding to run for President does not mean he becomes immune from investigation, if Hillary broke the law losing the Presidency (as heartbreaking as that might be for her) does not make her immune from prosecution.

seb146 wrote:

The Republicans started the Steele Dossier. Hillary didn't break the law. Biden can be investigated using the Legal Process.

Trump is not above the law, and he will be investigated for his illegal use of Executive power for personal vendettas.

afcjets

Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm

casinterest wrote:
The Republicans started the Steele Dossier. Hillary didn't break the law. Biden can be investigated using the Legal Process.

Trump is not above the law, and he will be investigated for his illegal use of Executive power for personal vendettas.

There are plenty of Republicans in the swamp and who hate Trump too. Trump told the Ukraine the attorney general would be contacting him, so Biden can be investigated via the legal process.

Pyrex

Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:17 pm

That $160,000 the Russians spent has to be the best Return on Investment in history. They spent that money on fringe causes in both sides of the aisle in order to sow discord in the U.S. and question the legitimacy of whoever won the election. Little could they have imagined the Democrats would take that and run with it for three years and counting.

The ironic thing in the middle of all this is that the Democrats have played right into Putin's hands.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

seb146

Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:45 pm

Pyrex wrote:
That $160,000 the Russians spent has to be the best Return on Investment in history. They spent that money on fringe causes in both sides of the aisle in order to sow discord in the U.S. and question the legitimacy of whoever won the election. Little could they have imagined the Democrats would take that and run with it for three years and counting.

The ironic thing in the middle of all this is that the Democrats have played right into Putin's hands.

Again:

Russia interfered. That was the Mueller Report.
The current impeachment inquiry is to investigate corruption in the current administration.

Those are two completely different things independent of each other. Republicans keep insisting they are one and the same because Democrats something something something Hillary Obama something something.

casinterest

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:35 am

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

There are plenty of Republicans in the swamp and who hate Trump too. Trump told the Ukraine the attorney general would be contacting him, so Biden can be investigated via the legal process.

And yet Barr never got the message. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

BN747

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:39 am

Hillary 2020!!!

Go collect what's rightfully yours, Hillary!

Hillary/Harris 2020

Or

Hillary/Mayor Pete 2020

Or Hillary/Beto 2020!

You beat him by 3 million in 2016
2018 showed him a 9 million vote thumping...
2020, he'll be awash in 'Impeachment stink'..(and asking Putin if could come hangout for awhile) and holding MAGA rallies in Red Square.

Hillary 2020 Campaign - Lock Him Up! Lock Him Up!

BN747

afcjets

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:01 pm

casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Not really, if Trump left it at the attorney general will contact you regarding the investigation and Trump didn't tell Barr yet, investigating Joe Biden for corruption was not a high priority for Trump, so that just weakens your argument.

seb146

Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:54 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Not really, if Trump left it at the attorney general will contact you regarding the investigation and Trump didn't tell Barr yet, investigating Joe Biden for corruption was not a high priority for Trump, so that just weakens your argument.

Except we now have a parade of White House officials testifying under oath that investigating Joe and Hunter was very important to him. Important enough he was willing to break Constitutional law to do it, so there is that.

afcjets

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
Except we now have a parade of White House officials testifying under oath that investigating Joe and Hunter was very important to him. Important enough he was willing to break Constitutional law to do it, so there is that.

It is, it's just not time sensitive and he has bigger priorities. What constitutional law did he violate?

casinterest

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:37 pm

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

He can't grasp that Barr is lying as well, trying to keep from being impeached. If it was important enough to send Giuliani in, then it was important.

casinterest

Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:40 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:

It is, it's just not time sensitive and he has bigger priorities. What constitutional law did he violate?

Abuse of executive power , Emoluments ,hasn't upheld his oath of office. Just for starters.

ParkFSI

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Dieuwer wrote:

Yep, just like people still complaining about Trump being President.

trpmb6

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:29 am

I've yet to meet a person that holds a security clearance that believes what Hillary did was acceptable.

Training specifically tells you that it doesn't matter if something is marked classified or not. It's your responsibility as someone who holds a clearance to know that it may be and to report possible leaks of classified data to an unclassified system.

Above all else, the belief that she could simply run her own server to conduct the nation's business is what pisses me off to no end. It shows her contempt for procedures and her arrogance. It certainly doesn't send a good message to the millions of us who do abide by the rules.

seb146

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:51 am

trpmb6 wrote:
I've yet to meet a person that holds a security clearance that believes what Hillary did was acceptable.

And, yet, after all these years of investigation, those who hold security clearance found what Hillary did was not deliberate nor at the level of criminal.

trpmb6 wrote:
ITraining specifically tells you that it doesn't matter if something is marked classified or not. It's your responsibility as someone who holds a clearance to know that it may be and to report possible leaks of classified data to an unclassified system.

Above all else, the belief that she could simply run her own server to conduct the nation's business is what pisses me off to no end. It shows her contempt for procedures and her arrogance. It certainly doesn't send a good message to the millions of us who do abide by the rules.

Can we please hold endless investigations on the current occupant of the White House using an unsecured smart phone?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ne-n924376

All those people you have met who have a security clearance would believe what he does is not acceptable. So, where is the outrage? Where are the investigations? Where are teh calls to "Lock Him Up!"?

trpmb6

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:49 am

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

And, yet, after all these years of investigation, those who hold security clearance found what Hillary did was not deliberate nor at the level of criminal.

trpmb6 wrote:
ITraining specifically tells you that it doesn't matter if something is marked classified or not. It's your responsibility as someone who holds a clearance to know that it may be and to report possible leaks of classified data to an unclassified system.

Can we please hold endless investigations on the current occupant of the White House using an unsecured smart phone?

All those people you have met who have a security clearance would believe what he does is not acceptable. So, where is the outrage? Where are the investigations? Where are teh calls to "Lock Him Up!"?

First in regards to Trump. We should hold him accountable. Ih conducts official business on a phone not issued to him by the White House he should be investigated.

Second. The law doesn't care if you deliberately sent classified information. It doesn't matter. It is your responsibility to protect that information. It's why you're not supposed to create your own server so that IT can go and scrub any devices that may have inadvertently had classified info leaked to them. I can't believe I am even having to explain this. Its absurd. Does anyone here actually think they wouldn't be disciplined for bypassing their company's IT security???

Honestly. Put your partisan views away. There is no reason to go through the effort and costs to set up your own server for email than to bypass IT security and, in the case of the federal government, avoid FOIA requests.

casinterest

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:18 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

trpmb6 wrote:

First in regards to Trump. We should hold him accountable. Ih conducts official business on a phone not issued to him by the White House he should be investigated.

Second. The law doesn't care if you deliberately sent classified information. It doesn't matter. It is your responsibility to protect that information. It's why you're not supposed to create your own server so that IT can go and scrub any devices that may have inadvertently had classified info leaked to them. I can't believe I am even having to explain this. Its absurd. Does anyone here actually think they wouldn't be disciplined for bypassing their company's IT security???

Honestly. Put your partisan views away. There is no reason to go through the effort and costs to set up your own server for email than to bypass IT security and, in the case of the federal government, avoid FOIA requests.

Clinton having a private server was not the issue. the issue was whether classified mails went there, and the recent reports cleared her of wrongdoing. End of Story except for partisan hacks that will give a pass to Trump for abuse of power, while jumping on folks that sent emails in good faith that they thought were not in violation of security practices.

trpmb6

Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:25 pm

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Clinton having a private server was not the issue. the issue was whether classified mails went there, and the recent reports cleared her of wrongdoing. End of Story except for partisan hacks that will give a pass to Trump for abuse of power, while jumping on folks that sent emails in good faith that they thought were not in violation of security practices.

They were in violation. They just said she didn't do it deliberately. Which is hogwash if you ask me. You don't spend your own money to create an email server for yourself while you're working for a business that provides email service for you. Absolute bull shit.

casinterest

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:03 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

They were in violation. They just said she didn't do it deliberately. Which is hogwash if you ask me. You don't spend your own money to create an email server for yourself while you're working for a business that provides email service for you. Absolute bull shit.

But she had multiple jobs and foundations and organizations that she belonged to. I get why the server existed. The folks that got letters were the ones that sent to her. So calling Bullshit on good intentions and retroactively classified material is really nutso, when you give a pass to a man that tried to circumvent the whole system by hiring a private lawyer, and using executive power for personal retribution.

seb146

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:38 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

trpmb6 wrote:

So, everyone has to put their partisan views away with regard to Hillary and demand she be jailed but we have to put our partisan views away and demand the witch hunt against the current occupant of the White House be stopped? ummmmm..... read that again slowly.

We know what emails were on that server. It has been investigated for years. Some of those emails were classified after different investigations. Maybe put away your partisan views and ask why those unclassified emails were sent to an unsecured server and not classified for a long period of time? Maybe put away your partisan views and understand that, sometimes, private security is better than government security. Republicans are always screaming about how private industry does so much better than government. Could it be this was one of those times?

Tugger

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:53 pm

trpmb6 wrote:

I am curious as to who is saying this is unacceptable? I've held clearances and the amount of stuff that inadvertently gets sent and saved etc. when it should be is pretty high no matter who you work for. While "not OK" it isn't and hasn't been the the worst thing of all thing and treason etc. Problems are found and reported and corrected and big deals are not made (people are written up or disciplined and if found to be malicious or so severe in nature terminated but that is not normal). This is basically for every defense contractor out there.

Most companies that do extensive business with the government have their own private servers that and manage them exclusively. Also is it well known that many individuals working for the government in capacities similar to what Hillary was doing have used private servers for years in the past. From people of all parties in Congress to appointees (again of all parties) etc.

Sloppiness should never be condoned and just because others do it and are equally bad doesn't make it OK but I would be very curious to see audits performed on all private severs used by people from across the government and political spectrum (say all of Congress?). I am sure there are a lot of people in glass houses and with logs in their eyes....

The stupidity of this is off the scale, anyone can make anything into a huge deal and people from opposing parties will think the sky is falling. When it's just Chicken Little calling.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

seb146

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Just as a point of reference, both Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice as well as aides to Rice all received classified information on private emails.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-clin ... SKCN0VD2EQ
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ry-clinton
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ri ... ls-n511181

BerenErchamion

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:08 pm

apodino wrote:
I don't think anyone ever said she deliberately sent classified info. The issue is that many people believe that sending classified info, whether deliberate or not, is a crime

Many people believe the earth is flat. Many people believe vaccines cause autism.

Who cares what the willfully-uninformed think?

BerenErchamion

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:22 pm

LittleSprocket wrote:
The funny thing about mishandling classified information is that it doesn’t have to be deliberate to be prosecuted for it.

You don't know what you're talking about. None of the potentially-relevant criminal statutes create strict-liability offenses.