BN747
Topic Author

The Laundromat -> the Panama Papers

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 am

Currently on Netflix is the hit 'The Laundromat'.

Starring Meryl Streep, Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas and more.

Director Steven Soderberg and Netflix are being sued by a Panama Papers Law Firm to try stopping it from being seen - too late!

Gary Oldman, Antonio Banderas serve as narrating host (and players) navigating you thru the maze of shell companies and their subterfuge to pull their fraudulent scam.
The story starts harmless enough as grandparents Streep & James Cromwell while on vacation take a lake boat ride, it capsizes, she survives , he doesn't...it starts from there she pursues justice from getting the run around from who is responsible.

I find this film right up there with 2 other films that unmask corruption flying high above most heads.

1. Turks and Caicos 2014 - Winona Rider Bill Nighy & Christopher Walken
....Theft of large chunks of gov't funds. crafty and clever
2. The Distinguished Gentleman 1992 - Eddie Murphy, late great James Garner & Joe Don Baker
...a comical but very accurate telling of how to BS your way into politics and graft- brilliantly executed Murphy's best film in my opinion.

Amid a world of ever increasing cynicism, Hollywood has reach the point where they can tell you exactly what's going on regardless of how unrealistic or unbelievable things are to the normal set of eyes and yet few actually understand what is happening around us. You can only know if you care to look.

Media, news reports leave out the daily practicalities that take place and affect everything and everyone...that's where Hollywood proves useful.

Anyhow, the Laundromat will shed more light than you can imagine on the current game of money laundering and the scam the Guiliani & his Ukraine pals are caught up in, maybe Hunter Biden also jammed up in this mess.

Don't watch this film if you're on edge and have reached your limit of tolerance of human cruelty as far scamming and theft is concerned.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Aaron747

Re: The Laundromat -> the Panama Papers

Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:22 am

Kudos to Netflix for not playing things safe and caving to lawyers for powerful people.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

dfwjim1

Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:46 pm

I watched this show last night and thought it was very boring.

BN747
Topic Author

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:19 pm

dfwjim1 wrote:
I watched this show last night and thought it was very boring.

Yeah, bot recommended for fans of con men and white collar criminals...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson