KFTG
Topic Author

Trump Humiliated Live by Spacewalking Women Astronauts

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:06 am

Stupid is the new smart. And this President's stupidity and ignorance knows no bounds.
After the exchange, Trump then pretends to scratch his head with his middle finger, totally presidential.

The embarrassing moment came when Trump contacted the International Space Station to congratulate Jessica Meir and Christina Koch for completing an all female spacewalk outside of the craft. Trump, however, congratulated the pair for being the “first ever female spacewalkers”.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1192783/donald-trump-latest-news-nasa-female-astronauts-humiliation-white-house-washington

Full exchange: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmeLowf65IE

anshabhi

Re: Trump Humiliated Live by Spacewalking Women Astronauts

Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:58 am

Trump is doing the right thing. Discouraging kids from ever becoming politicians

TheFlyingDisk

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:00 am

Honestly, this is made to be a big thing, when in fact it's just a pop.

Trump's reputation is not going to shatter because of this gaffe.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Francoflier

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:24 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Honestly, this is made to be a big thing, when in fact it's just a pop.

Trump's reputation is entirely built on gaffes, ignorance, outrageous statements, incompetence, mismanagement, lies and general awfulness.

You are right. This will change nothing because this is just another flaming bag of dog faeces in the giant dumpster fire that he has always been, the same dumpster his unquestioning and adoring fans dance around and which pestilence their revel in.

Or, as it's been called since 2016: Monday.
:snaggletooth:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

scbriml

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

It simply reinforces his reputation for being a childish idiot.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

TTailedTiger

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:29 am

Well thank goodness he didn't call them the first moonwalkers. MJ would be turning in his grave.

ltbewr

Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 am

If I were those woman spacewalkers, I wouldn't want to talk to the Pres. Trump for his sexual abuses and perversions with women.

BartSimpson

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:03 pm

Well, these women were lucky that they are currently in a non-grabbable orbit. I'm sure they preferred to talk with him from a safe distance instead of having to pay a visit to his office.

But the real sad thing about this story is - that it is still a story. Why can't we just get over the fact that two women were simultaneously spacewalking? Do we still need to point that out? It should be clear to every person with a decent IQ that women can perfectly do the same jobs as men.

SheikhDjibouti

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:20 pm

ltbewr wrote:
If I were those woman spacewalkers, I wouldn't want to talk to the Pres. Trump for his sexual abuses and perversions with women.

It is perfectly possible that they had absolutely no desire to talk to Pres Trump, however he is (currently) responsible for the program that put them in space, so like it or not they had to suck it up. Oh wait, I probably should have used a different phrase there. :lol:

Their only other option was to find another country/ another space agency to sponsor them. Good luck with that.

It is a bit like flying in the 737 MAX (if/when it is ungrounded).
For all the talk of people saying they will never fly on one, if it is the only flight from PQR to XYZ then you either take the MAX or start walking....

Much as I despise Trump I do agree that this latest gaffe ranks pretty low in the pantheon of mistakes he has made.
Perhaps we should cut him some slack and simply recognize he is an old and sometimes confused man who makes mistakes. Lots of mistakes.
It could happen to anybody. :old:

The fact he is POTUS makes it a little different, but that isn't entirely his fault; there are 62 million voters who are guilty of putting him in this position. :duck:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

SheikhDjibouti

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:22 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
But the real sad thing about this story is - that it is still a story. Why can't we just get over the fact that two women were simultaneously spacewalking? Do we still need to point that out? It should be clear to every person with a decent IQ that women can perfectly do the same jobs as men.

Absolutely :bigthumbsup:

I mean, it's not like they had to do any heavy lifting.....
Nothing to see here; move along please.

DL717

Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 pm

Its truly sad that this is what the space program has become. That’s humiliating. Maybe next will be the first space walking Dalmatian. In 50 years we go from stepping on the moon to making up stupid crap for news like two women completing a spacewalk together. During a broadcast of it, some turd from NASA said “maybe in the near further we’ll have the first person born in space”. First, who gives a rip. Second, you have any idea how much of a shit show that would be in zero gravity? Sounds so inspiring. Try to do something serious like get back to the moon.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

casinterest

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Trump got openly humiliated by a woman. His past history makes it most likely that he did flip her off, as his ego and inferiority complex will not let it slide. I am sure Trump will work to find someone that makes that astronaut's life miserable going forward. Hopefully honorable leaders will step in.
Where ever you go, there you are.

afcjets

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:13 pm

So Trump said the first time a woman stepped outside of a space station when this non-eventful press conference was the first time two women stepped outside a space station. Hopefully future presidential debates will cover space trivia so something like this will never happen again and we can protect our nation.

casinterest

Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:25 pm

afcjets wrote:
So Trump said the first time a woman stepped outside of a space station when this non-eventful press conference was the first time two women stepped outside a space station. Hopefully future presidential debates will cover space trivia so something like this will never happen again and we can protect our nation.

Trump could care less about women's history. Just another confirmation of his lack of moral fiber.
Where ever you go, there you are.

alfa164

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:11 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:

:checkmark: Agreed. Indeed, it only embellishes his reputation - as an ill-informed, narcissistic moron.

anshabhi wrote:
Trump is doing the right thing. Discouraging kids from ever becoming politicians

Too bad it didn't happen earlier; maybe it would have discouraged the man-child from ever attempting to go to the White House...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Tugger

Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Yeah, this is just much ado about nothing. I saw the story but then it is the Express and I have noticed a number of very lame "attempt to make something out of nothing" headlines this past year. It was a small statement by Trump that the astronauts addressed to be sure to not be misconstrued. Nothing more really.

To me the story is how bad the Express is, not any perceived failure by Trump.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

SL1200MK2

Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:15 am

Of course everyone makes mistakes, and most often, everyone can simply move on. There are times, however, where someone really lends themselves to being criticized. I believe this may be one of those times. People who are constantly critical of others in the way that trump is are often these kinds of people that will be constantly criticized. It's both amusing and horrifying. In-fact, I happen to understand the frustration that his supporters may have, because its true, we do jump on every little thing he does. Thats what happens when one acts in the way he acts. It's really an old logic that when you act like a dick, don't be surprised when people respond in-kind. When folks say that they don't care what he does so long as they get to see liberals get upset, it seems likely that those who don't support him will pick on every stupid thing he does. It's amazing that his supporters are confused about this.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:49 am

Imagine how Biden would have gaffed it... :lol:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

EA CO AS

Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:52 pm

Anyone saying this was the astronauts “humiliating the president” is saying that only because that’s what they’re wanting to take away from this exchange. Fact is that this was just someone ensuring they corrected a simple misstatement for the record so they didn’t come across as taking more credit than was due. I’d have done the same clarification if I were in the same position, and I both like and voted for this president.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Max Q

Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:46 am

Morons all over the world cringe at the sight and sound of this obese subhuman apocalypse
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

Guns are a malignant cancer that are destroying our society