Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alfa164
Topic Author

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:31 pm

The leader of ISIS has been killed in a US operation in Syria.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... rump-syria

It is interesting that, in his statement, Trump thanked our allies in the region for their assistance - including the Kurds, whom he just recently betrayed and opened them up to being overrun by their Turkish enemies.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

casinterest

Re: Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Congratulations to the teams that executed the raid.

It appears a lot of coordination was required between the IDF and US forces. It will be interesting to see if the US still leaves the IDF twisting in the wind against Turkey or not.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Aaron747

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:16 pm

alfa164 wrote:

It is interesting that, in his statement, Trump thanked our allies in the region for their assistance - including the Kurds, whom he just recently betrayed and opened them up to being overrun by their Turkish enemies.

It is also interesting how he was angling for credit in the presser, despite having said this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBlake/s ... 18/photo/1

I think we should take him at his word, and grant credit only to those actually carrying the operation out.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

rlwynn

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:20 pm

He probably does not know how it all went down.
I can drive faster than you

dmg626

Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:27 pm

What a good news story, and how considerate of Abu to take his 3 kids with him

einsteinboricua

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:20 pm

So, which one is it then? Did Abu blow himself up or was he killed by an airstrike? They’re not the same.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:22 pm

Surely everything will improve now like when we nabbed OBL!

Aaron747 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

It is also interesting how he was angling for credit in the presser, despite having said this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronBlake/s ... 18/photo/1

I think we should take him at his word, and grant credit only to those actually carrying the operation out.

His words could have been spoken by Baghdad Bob and no one would have batted an eyelash
I don't take responsibility at all

seb146

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:49 pm

Hasn't this guy died like six times already? I also notice no MAGA fans demanding bone spurs be given 100% of the praise.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

cpd

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Let’s wait and see. The man has been eliminated a few times before.

I’m not sure that it’ll make much difference, the organisation will probably have someone to replace him, sadly.

AirPacific747

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:27 pm

I wonder how they can determine a dna match so quickly when it can take weeks in criminal cases?

bgm

Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:50 pm

seb146 wrote:
Hasn't this guy died like six times already? I also notice no MAGA fans demanding bone spurs be given 100% of the praise.

The gift that keeps on giving. There's always a tweet....

DTVG

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 pm

Now that he is dead the USA needs a new enemy too keep the proletariat busy.

NoTime

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:08 pm

casinterest wrote:
Congratulations to the teams that executed the raid.

x2! Apparently it was Delta with support from the Rangers (and, no doubt, the Nightstalkers were involved).

Well done, all.

AirPacific747 wrote:
I wonder how they can determine a dna match so quickly when it can take weeks in criminal cases?

I wouldn't try to compare your typical state police department with the literal best of the best of the US military. Especially given the importance of quickly identifying dead folks over the last ten years or so.

seb146

Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:46 pm

Apparently, some high ranking Democrats were not told about the raid, including Nancy Pelosi, third in line for the presidency

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d-n1072556
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house- ... not-pelosi

Russia and Turkey were told but not House members who should have known before Russia and Turkey.

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Raise your hand if you're surprised he was actually golfing during the raid, and not in the situation room as he pretended to be, later staging a photo. Anyone? Bueller?

DarkSnowyNight

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:01 pm

DTVG wrote:

Pumpkin Spice.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

MaverickM11

Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:14 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
DTVG wrote:

Pumpkin Spice.

Does anyone really care at this point? We're almost 20 years into Iraq and this is about as good as it gets?

BN747

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:53 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Raise your hand if you're surprised he was actually golfing during the raid, and not in the situation room as he pretended to be, later staging a photo. Anyone? Bueller?

Exactly, all he did was show up for a pose to 'look busy and in command'..then *poof* off back to the golfing greens.

BUT his fans will hear none of that, as far as they are concerned he strategized and mapped out the whole plane and executed it.....Nowhere Near the truth. But you know them and facts/details TMI.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

N14AZ

Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:57 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
The German Spiegel phrased it best "success despite Trump".

I read that article as well. Seems to be based on this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/p ... trump.html

Quote from that article:

But Mr. Trump’s abrupt withdrawal order three weeks ago disrupted the meticulous planning underway and forced Pentagon officials to speed up the plan for the risky night raid before their ability to control troops, spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared with the pullout, the officials said.

Mr. al-Baghdadi’s death in the raid on Saturday, they said, occurred largely in spite of, and not because of, Mr. Trump’s actions.

Great achievement by all who have been involved in this mission, from support to the special forces fighting on site.

I had no clue that you can make a DNA-analyses that fast.

I also read some hints came from his wife?!?! There are fifty ways to leave your lover but - if true- this is a very efficient way to get rid of your husband.

alfa164
Topic Author

Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:59 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if we later learn that Trump himself wasn't aware of the strike before it was executed.

That is a very good possibility; the intelligence services are undoubtedly concerned about his penchant for "spilling the beans" about undercover issues - and his penchant for spilling those beans to our enemies first.

In fact, it appears he was golfing the entire time the strike was en route, and arrived back at the White House just in time to see the results. I can't imagine any president with full knowledge of the plans being on a golf course during the lead-up to such an operation - but, then again, this isn't just "any president".; it is a narcissistic, self-centered, man-child who stalks the White House these days...

:roll:

tommy1808

Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm

N14AZ wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
The German Spiegel phrased it best "success despite Trump".

I read that article as well. Seems to be based on this article: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/p ... trump.html

Quote from that article:

But Mr. Trump’s abrupt withdrawal order three weeks ago disrupted the meticulous planning underway and forced Pentagon officials to speed up the plan for the risky night raid before their ability to control troops, spies and reconnaissance aircraft disappeared with the pullout, the officials said.

Mr. al-Baghdadi’s death in the raid on Saturday, they said, occurred largely in spite of, and not because of, Mr. Trump’s actions.

Sounds like Trump had almost been a big ISIS supporter twice within the span of three weeks. First making sure that plenty of ISIS terrorists could escape and then almost saving Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

alfa164
Topic Author

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:57 pm

As if his indifference to the unfolding even wasn't enough - he was on the golf course when the raid began - his "victorious" situation room photo following the action was apparently staged:

https://www.newsweek.com/obama-photogra ... ng-1468012

LittleSprocket

Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
Apparently, some high ranking Democrats were not told about the raid, including Nancy Pelosi, third in line for the presidency

Russia and Turkey were told but not House members who should have known before Russia and Turkey.

So? The Democrats in Congress are notorious for leaking to the press and will do anything to defeat Trump in the 2020 election, putting my brothers and sisters lives in danger wouldn’t be out of the realm of probability.

Turkey and Russia, if you knew anything about deconfliction in a combat zone between non-warring parties, you would know that this was to avoid any potential conflicts. You have to realize that Turkey and Russia have also been fighting ISIS along with us, the Kurds and the Iraqi military.

Those that needed to know knew, those that didn’t found out after the fact.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:59 am

LittleSprocket wrote:

And apparently Trump wasn't included in the "need to know" list.

Best regards
Thomas

alfa164
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:09 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
You have to realize that Turkey and Russia have also been fighting ISIS along with us, the Kurds and the Iraqi military.

And if you believe that, I will offer my beautiful bridge in Brooklyn to you, too:

"The results have been grievous. Russia carried out its air strikes with scant regard for the rules of war: Open-source footage shows the repeated use of banned cluster munitions, and strikes on targets including mosques, hospitals, and water treatment plants. Imagine the outcry if the United States or its allies conducted military operations in this manner. Russia’s military campaign allowed Assad’s forces to retake lost ground, a task they did with great brutality and immense human suffering. It barely dented the ISIS terrorist group, whose recent territorial losses have largely come at the hands of Kurdish militias backed by a US-led coalition. Far from shortening the war, it exacerbated it—and in so doing, it sent yet more waves of refugees flooding into Turkey and Europe.

Putin cynically claimed that the purpose of the mission was to fight ISIS. Nothing could be further from the truth. Russia rarely targeted ISIS in Syria; we should examine the reality of Russia’s role in bolstering Assad, undermining the American-supported Syrian opposition, and prolonging the conflict."

https://publications.atlanticcouncil.org/distract-deceive-destroy/

tommy1808 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

In all fairness, he did need to know... which club to use on the 2nd hole, while the raid was being directed by more enlightened individuals...

;)
Last edited by alfa164 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 am

Amazing you guys are peddling the debunked claim that trump was unaware of the raid. He was in the situation room the whole time. That tweet has been disproved already.

Anything to slander Trump. I congratulated Obama when he got Osama. Do the same you ass clowns.

casinterest

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:17 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Amazing you guys are peddling the debunked claim that trump was unaware of the raid. He was in the situation room the whole time. That tweet has been disproved already.

Anything to slander Trump. I congratulated Obama when he got Osama. Do the same you ass clowns.

Why?
Trump had nothing to do with it. He said so himself.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... bin-laden/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6776852480
Where ever you go, there you are.

alfa164
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:20 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Amazing you guys are peddling the debunked claim that trump was unaware of the raid. He was in the situation room the whole time. That tweet has been disproved already. Anything to slander Trump. I congratulated Obama when he got Osama. Do the same you ass clowns.

I still have that bridge available! Perhaps you missed his schedule; the raid started at 3:30.

"...a Trump golf outing tracker showed the president was golfing at 3:33 p.m. Washington time, as the raid was happening."

And as far as that Situation Room photo is concerned:

"The raid, as reported, took place at 3:30PM Washington time. The photo, as shown in the camera IPTC data, was taken at '17:05:24,'" Souza remarked on Twitter Sunday. He was replying to a tweet from White House Director of Social Media and Assistant to the President, Dan Scavino Jr."

He may very well have watched a replay of the operation.... but he was too busy on the links to be there while it was happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/obama-photographer-baghdadi-raid-trump-situation-room-suggested-staged-timestamp-golfing-1468012

And you might want to check out the definition of "slander" while you are researching Herr Trump's schedule. Now about that "ass clowns" comment...

Last edited by alfa164 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

LittleSprocket

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:22 am

alfa164 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:
You have to realize that Turkey and Russia have also been fighting ISIS along with us, the Kurds and the Iraqi military.

And if you believe that, I will offer my beautiful bridge in Brooklyn to you, too:

"The results have been grievous. Russia carried out its air strikes with scant regard for the rules of war: Open-source footage shows the repeated use of banned cluster munitions, and strikes on targets including mosques, hospitals, and water treatment plants. Imagine the outcry if the United States or its allies conducted military operations in this manner. Russia’s military campaign allowed Assad’s forces to retake lost ground, a task they did with great brutality and immense human suffering. It barely dented the ISIS terrorist group, whose recent territorial losses have largely come at the hands of Kurdish militias backed by a US-led coalition. Far from shortening the war, it exacerbated it—and in so doing, it sent yet more waves of refugees flooding into Turkey and Europe.

Putin cynically claimed that the purpose of the mission was to fight ISIS. Nothing could be further from the truth. Russia rarely targeted ISIS in Syria; we should examine the reality of Russia’s role in bolstering Assad, undermining the American-supported Syrian opposition, and prolonging the conflict."

https://publications.atlanticcouncil.org/distract-deceive-destroy/

tommy1808 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

In all fairness, he did need to know... which club to use on the 2nd hole, while the raid was being directed by more enlightened individuals...

;)

If I believe that...dude, I’ve served over there and I understand completely how deconfliction zones work. I don’t have to quote some news source to corroborate my opinion when I’ve actually lived it.

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 am

alfa164 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
Amazing you guys are peddling the debunked claim that trump was unaware of the raid. He was in the situation room the whole time. That tweet has been disproved already. Anything to slander Trump. I congratulated Obama when he got Osama. Do the same you ass clowns.

I still have that bridge available! Perhaps you missed his schedule; the raid started at 3:30.

"...a Trump golf outing tracker showed the president was golfing at 3:33 p.m. Washington time, as the raid was happening."

"The raid, as reported, took place at 3:30PM Washington time. The photo, as shown in the camera IPTC data, was taken at '17:05:24,'" Souza remarked on Twitter Sunday. He was replying to a tweet from White House Director of Social Media and Assistant to the President, Dan Scavino Jr."

He may very well have watched a replay of the operation.... but he was too busy on the links to be there while it was happening.

https://www.newsweek.com/obama-photographer-baghdadi-raid-trump-situation-room-suggested-staged-timestamp-golfing-1468012

And you might want to check out the definition of "slander" while you are researching Herr Trump's schedule. Now about that "ass clowns" comment...

Seriously, the Souza tweet is debunked!

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:24 am

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Why?
Trump had nothing to do with it. He said so himself.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump ... bin-laden/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6776852480

He has a (R) next to his name, which means he can be a serial sex abuser without consequences just as much as he gets credit for stuff he had nothing to do with.

Remeber that his move out of Syria has almost blown this operation, just like he facilitated the prison break of over 100 ISIS fighters. Trump is essentially the most important ISIS sympathiser at the moment.

Success despite Trump. Even if he was in the situation room, it doesn't mean anyone told him about the raid before it was carried out.

Best regards
Thomas

alfa164
Topic Author

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:25 am

trpmb6 wrote:

Evidence?

LittleSprocket

tommy1808 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Yeah, because the Commander in Chief wouldn’t be involved in approving the go ahead of a high level target... what world do you live in? I’m seriously curious seeing as how you haven’t a clue how approving these types of missions goes... even the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs or SecDef is limited on the types of missions that they can order. Perks of having an elected official over the military.

trpmb6

alfa164 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Evidence?

How about Souza himself? https://mobile.twitter.com/petesouza/st ... 8956542977

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:28 am

trpmb6 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

How is it relevant if the photo was staged during or after the raid?

Best regards
Thomas

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:31 am

tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

What is relevant is the original souza tweet was bullshit.

Seriously, at this point, what difference does it make! (On purpose)

If anyone thinks Trump wasn't aware of the raid or wasn't watching at the time of the raid I have a bridge to sell you.

Still waiting on an apology.
Last edited by trpmb6 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:35 am

trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

What is relevant is that you are repeating stuff you read elsewhere and obviously haven't even bothered to read the Souza tweet.

Best regards
Thomas

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:37 am

tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

What is relevant is that you are repeating stuff you read elsewhere and obviously haven't even bothered to read the Souza tweet.

Best regards
Thomas

So you didn't read his correction?

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:46 am

trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Since I obviously just as much read stuff before I comment on it as you obviously don't that is a rather stupid question.

The question also makes clear that you didn't read that tweet of him either, or you wouldn't paddle the lie that his first post claimed the picture was staged.

Best regards
Thomas

727LOVER

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:01 am

trpmb6 wrote:

Too bad Trump didn't congratulate Obama
Here is part 1 of 3 Bin Laden is dead thread
LOL...check out reply 55
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1214027&hilit=bin+laden

Now for a comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ellnd3M8-ow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSkOmf61f7Y
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:05 am

727LOVER wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

LOL...check out reply 55

Now for a comparison

Also notice that Nik started that thread as well and seemed equally excited about it? Meanwhile the left here seems more interested in a debunked timeline that claimed trump was playing golf during the raid.

Can't congratulate him on anything. The man could walk around san Francisco offering free housing to every homeless person and you all would find a way to criticize him.

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:09 am

tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Since I obviously just as much read stuff before I comment on it as you obviously don't that is a rather stupid question.

The question also makes clear that you didn't read that tweet of him either, or you wouldn't paddle the lie that his first post claimed the picture was staged.

Best regards
Thomas

It's clear that was a photo op. Every washington dc photo is a photo op. What was being asserted, if you missed alpha's posts was that Trump was golfing. Souza had the timeline wrong which sparked all kinds of bad press reporting. This is clear if you read the posts I quoted above.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:17 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Can't congratulate him on anything.

Why congratule him on something he thinks the US president doesn't deserve congratulations for? Why do you desrepect him by insisting he is wrong? Disrespect him for being a criminal if you want, but not when he is right.
And in any case it is more than overshadowed by the release of over 100 ISIS fighters he personally facilitated by ordering US troops to flee from advancing Turkish troops.

I think you are just trying to get attention dragged away from the fact that Trump almost had this mission fail. But dont worry, I will remind you of it every time you bring it up.

Al-Baghdadi is dead despite of Trump, and only because of those parts of the US government that function despite the incompetent "leader".

Best regards
Thomas

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:24 am

:banghead:

When we gonna discuss Hillary's emails in here? Already got some bill and Barack talk going. Might as well round it out!

DIRECTFLT

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:38 am

The Bezos Washington Post changed their obituary title 3 times, to end up with the one in the middle of this picture.

So #WaPoDeathNotices is now trending on Twitter.

Russian Socialites Nicholas and Alexandra die while vacationing in Yekaterinburg, east of the Ural Mountains.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

727LOVER

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:38 am

trpmb6 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

LOL...check out reply 55

Now for a comparison

Also notice that Nik started that thread as well and seemed equally excited about it? Meanwhile the left here seems more interested in a debunked timeline that claimed trump was playing golf during the raid.

Can't congratulate him on anything. The man could walk around san Francisco offering free housing to every homeless person and you all would find a way to criticize him.

I never said ANYTHING about golf

as far as this comment
trpmb6 wrote:

See reply #11

Yeah that ball game was full of lefties, I guess.

I am glad the terrorist is dead
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:46 am

727LOVER wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
727LOVER wrote:

LOL...check out reply 55

Now for a comparison

I never said ANYTHING about golf

as far as this comment
trpmb6 wrote:

See reply #11

Yeah that ball game was full of lefties, I guess.

I am glad the terrorist is dead

You quoted me first when I was responding to discussions about him playing golf. Hence my response.

As for the Osama raid, see my #26

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:51 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Bezos Washington Post changed their obituary title 3 times, to end up with the one in the middle of this picture.

What a surprise that you are lying, and obviously just repeating lies you read somewhere else. They didn't end up with he one in the middle.

Best regards
Thomas

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:02 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

What a surprise that you are lying, and obviously just repeating lies you read somewhere else. They didn't end up with he one in the middle.

Best regards
Thomas

True they didn't *finish* with the one in the middle. But they did leave it up long enough to make headlines. Theh eventually changed it again, after it had garnered attention.

This article from a nonpartisan publication details it nicely, https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatod ... 2483340001

seb146

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:19 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
seb146 wrote:

So? The Democrats in Congress are notorious for leaking to the press and will do anything to defeat Trump in the 2020 election, putting my brothers and sisters lives in danger wouldn’t be out of the realm of probability.

Turkey and Russia, if you knew anything about deconfliction in a combat zone between non-warring parties, you would know that this was to avoid any potential conflicts. You have to realize that Turkey and Russia have also been fighting ISIS along with us, the Kurds and the Iraqi military.

Democrats are NOT "notorious for leaking to the press" especially classified missions like this one probably was. It is common for high ranking members of both parties to be briefed on such missions. I guarantee Paul Ryan had been briefed on the Osama bin Laden raid. This is just more Democratic Derangement Syndrome. More hatred and lies about Democrats.