trpmb6

Re: Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid

Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:28 am

Nothing requires the WH to brief congress on a potential raid. Even if it is a high value target.

In 2015 we could have had Baghdadi if it wasnt for a leak to the New York times. After their reporting he disappeared.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:08 am

trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Bezos Washington Post changed their obituary title 3 times, to end up with the one in the middle of this picture.

What a surprise that you are lying, and obviously just repeating lies you read somewhere else. They didn't end up with he one in the middle.

Best regards
Thomas

True they didn't *finish* with the one in the middle. But they did leave it up long enough to make headlines.

Non-partisan source wrote:
The headline was quickly changed

It was also a factually correct Statement as he holds Magister degree and moved forward to get his PhD, justifying his brand of Jihad along the lines of his thesis. It may not be politically correct for republican snowflakes, but he was an austere religious scholar with the PhD to proof it.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:09 am

trpmb6 wrote:
In 2015 we could have had Baghdadi if it wasnt for a leak to the New York times. After their reporting he disappeared.

And had the Bush administration not set him free.....

Best regards
Thomas

DIRECTFLT

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:30 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
The Bezos Washington Post changed their obituary title 3 times, to end up with the one in the middle of this picture.

What a surprise that you are lying, and obviously just repeating lies you read somewhere else. They didn't end up with he one in the middle.

Best regards
Thomas

I was mistaken, and you are correct that the middle version was not the one they ended up with.

This is a meme.

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:44 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

I was mistaken, and you are correct that the middle version was not the one they ended up with.

And you could have prevented being a conduit for lies with about 5 seconds of diligence.

This is a meme.

Also technically wrong, as he apparently blew himself up.
And of course made up. You shouldn't call it a "meme", but as "other nonsense promoted on the internet".

Best regards
Thomas

Subwayfan1998

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:27 am

This is Awesome that Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi is Dead, He was a Scum of the Earth for Killing Innocent People.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:44 am

Subwayfan1998 wrote:
This is Awesome that Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi is Dead, He was a Scum of the Earth for Killing Innocent People.

While certainly good news that there is one less, prior experiance would give ample evidence that it won't do Jack to the amount of ISIS violence and hence killing of innocent people.
The 100+ ISIS fighters just released will probably more than make up for one terror leader in hiding.

Best regards
Thomas

Mortyman

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:46 am

DTVG wrote:
Now that he is dead the USA needs a new enemy too keep the proletariat busy.

Not to worry. Apparently a new leader / fighter has already been announced as the new leader.

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:27 am

tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

True they didn't *finish* with the one in the middle. But they did leave it up long enough to make headlines.

Non-partisan source wrote:
The headline was quickly changed

It was also a factually correct Statement as he holds Magister degree and moved forward to get his PhD, justifying his brand of Jihad along the lines of his thesis. It may not be politically correct for republican snowflakes, but he was an austere religious scholar with the PhD to proof it.

Best regards
Thomas

It's been a while since I saw this many snowflakes triggered by...*checks notes*....words
E pur si muove -Galileo

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:41 am

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

And you could have prevented being a conduit for lies with about 5 seconds of diligence.

Best regards
Thomas

Same could be said of the souza timeline. Still haven't seen anyone who was peddling those lies own ul to it.

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:51 am

trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Same could be said of the souza timeline. Still haven't seen anyone who was peddling those lies own ul to it.

Since Souza didn't make a claim, and made clear he didn't make a claim, both things you would know if you had bothered to read them, there is no "lie" to own.

But please, keep trying to distract from the fact that he is dead despite Trump as he had almost screwed up the mission and put american lifes in danger forcing to rush it.
Something he still did with facilitating the escape of over 100 ISIS fighters.

Best regards
Thomas

RichardMillans

Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Yea US military great as always plus no fatalities on the US part

trpmb6

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:11 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Since Souza didn't make a claim, and made clear he didn't make a claim, both things you would know if you had bothered to read them, there is no "lie" to own.

But please, keep trying to distract from the fact that he is dead despite Trump as he had almost screwed up the mission and put american lifes in danger forcing to rush it.
Something he still did with facilitating the escape of over 100 ISIS fighters.

Best regards
Thomas

Souza said the raid happened at 3:30pm est. It did not. It happened much later. It was after he made that claim that people began running with the false narrative that Trump was golfing during the raid and so the photo op was completely staged after the raid happened to make it look like Trump was watching it live. This is completely false. The raid happened later, Trump was present and Souza later posted a correction to the timeline on twitter which I have posted a link to above. I am still waiting on the people who were posting these claims in this thread to apologize to me for saying I was wrong.

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:40 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
I am still waiting on the people who were posting these claims in this thread to apologize to me for saying I was wrong.

It's kinda like waiting for Trump to apologize for being wrong. Keep waiting brah! :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

tommy1808

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:32 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
I am still waiting on the people who were posting these claims in this thread to apologize to me for saying I was wrong.

It's kinda like waiting for Trump to apologize for being wrong. Keep waiting brah! :rotfl:

Which he is on average almost once per waking hour....

Also Trump didn't even know which units where involved, that he didn't know about the raid before it was well on the way is still pretty much a given.

Best regards
Thomas

jordanh

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:54 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
But please, keep trying to distract from the fact that he is dead despite Trump as he had almost screwed up the mission and put american lifes in danger forcing to rush it. Something he still did with facilitating the escape of over 100 ISIS fighters.

A noted writer, Robert A. Heinlein, said: "Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal". I think that explains why these unapologetic Trump lemmings continue to find irrelevant errors in reporting, or want to attack the messenger, or simply ignore the facts, and try to divert the conversation from the big picture - in this case, that Trump was deliberately not involved in the beginnings of the operation, but was allowed to see it once it was unfolding - because they want to believe they are right, and that Trump has not sold them a bill of goods.

It is hard for some humans to admit they have been mislead. They continue to defend their position, no matter how untenable it is.

AirPacific747

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:57 pm

NoTime wrote:
I wouldn't try to compare your typical state police department with the literal best of the best of the US military. Especially given the importance of quickly identifying dead folks over the last ten years or so.

No need to get defensive. I am genuinely wondering, not questioning the validity of the information.

Flaps

Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 pm

Mortyman wrote:
DTVG wrote:
Now that he is dead the USA needs a new enemy too keep the proletariat busy.

Not to worry. Apparently a new leader / fighter has already been announced as the new leader.

And he's dead already.

tommy1808

Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:07 am

jordanh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
But please, keep trying to distract from the fact that he is dead despite Trump as he had almost screwed up the mission and put american lifes in danger forcing to rush it. Something he still did with facilitating the escape of over 100 ISIS fighters.

A noted writer, Robert A. Heinlein, said: "Man is not a rational animal, he is a rationalizing animal". I think that explains why these unapologetic Trump lemmings continue to find irrelevant errors in reporting

Oh, I am pretty sure for quite some it isn't dunning Kruger nor confirmation bias, but simply "some of his policies are good for me personally, screw the country".

Best regards
Thomas

THS214

Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:02 pm

Subwayfan1998 wrote:

So did Bush junior.

Personally I see it sad that people get power to use it for war crimes.

bgm

Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:34 pm

When Barack Obama went on TV to announce they killed Bin Laden, he spoke for nine and a half minutes. Trump yesterday, when he announced they killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, did for 48 minutes. So, for further comparison, we thought it might be fun to mash-up Trump’s speech about al-Baghdadi with Obama’s on Bin Laden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBOWSj ... tu.be&t=19

:rotfl:

Shows just how low we've sunk.
OK boomer.

seb146

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:17 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Nothing requires the WH to brief congress on a potential raid. Even if it is a high value target.

You honestly believe the third in line for the presidency should not or would not know of such a raid? The two House Intelligence Committee leaders (one Republican, one Democrat)? At the very least, the two Senate Intelligence members (one Republican one Democrat)?

I also have to wonder if a Republican didn't leak the 2015 raid?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Subwayfan1998

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 pm

THS214 wrote:
Subwayfan1998 wrote:

So did Bush junior.

Personally I see it sad that people get power to use it for war crimes.

I Know, Bush Jr., Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, John Bolton and Paul Wolfowitz had created ISIS and that Monster Al-Baghdadi.

trpmb6

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:12 pm

We now know that The New York Times article suggesting that trump's Syria with drawl did not affect the time line for the Al baghdadi raid. General Mackenzie just said in a press or that the Syria withdrawal timeline played no role in determining when They would attack and from where they would attack. He went on to note that The United States has the capability to strike from anywhere in the world.

WarRI1

Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:26 am

Good for the US Armed forces, a bunch of brave soldiers as they always are. Mission Accomplished once again. Good to see him dead.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

MaverickM11

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:24 am

trpmb6 wrote:
We now know that The New York Times article suggesting that trump's Syria with drawl did not affect the time line for the Al baghdadi raid. General Mackenzie just said in a press or that the Syria withdrawal timeline played no role in determining when They would attack and from where they would attack. He went on to note that The United States has the capability to strike from anywhere in the world.

You think General Mackenzie, or any General, would admit “yes Trump really blew it”? :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

WarRI1

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

You think General Mackenzie, or any General, would admit “yes Trump really blew it”? :rotfl:

You would have to be criminally naive to think they would. :yes:

jordanh

Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:57 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

But... don't you generally have to be criminally naive to be a Trump supporter?

WarRI1

Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:12 am

jordanh wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

But... don't you generally have to be criminally naive to be a Trump supporter?

That is for sure, I did not think of that. :rotfl:

trpmb6

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:16 am

Considering they didn't learn of baghdadi's location til after the announcement I don't think it really matters.

ArchGuy1

Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:48 am

The United States possibly has the help of Israel's the Kurds, and Turkey in bringing down the leader of ISIS.

tommy1808

Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:42 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

The fun part of being commander in chief is that you can command forces to do what you want. Like telling everyone you are 239 lbs...

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:14 am

trpmb6 wrote:
Considering they didn't learn of baghdadi's location til after the announcement I don't think it really matters.

They had his underwear—and location—months ago.
E pur si muove -Galileo

agill

Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:53 am

bgm wrote:
When Barack Obama went on TV to announce they killed Bin Laden, he spoke for nine and a half minutes. Trump yesterday, when he announced they killed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, did for 48 minutes. So, for further comparison, we thought it might be fun to mash-up Trump’s speech about al-Baghdadi with Obama’s on Bin Laden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBOWSj ... tu.be&t=19

:rotfl:

Shows just how low we've sunk.

Why is it that is seems impossible for president Trump to talk like an adult. It's like listening to a four year old.

NoTime

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:39 pm

AirPacific747 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
I wouldn't try to compare your typical state police department with the literal best of the best of the US military. Especially given the importance of quickly identifying dead folks over the last ten years or so.

No need to get defensive. I am genuinely wondering, not questioning the validity of the information.

Not getting defensive, brother. FWIW, I stumbled across this article a few days ago, which explains some of the details - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/p ... hdadi.html

Cheers.

AirPacific747

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:50 pm

NoTime wrote:
AirPacific747 wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Not getting defensive, brother. FWIW, I stumbled across this article a few days ago, which explains some of the details - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/27/us/p ... hdadi.html

Cheers.

Thanks, very interesting read.