Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

WarRI1
Topic Author

Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:02 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/1 ... /23852359/

I do not think any of us are surprised at this outcome. so much for the hyperbole so common from this man and his faithful followers. According to this article a 100 dollar tool made in China of course can do the job. :o :o
Last edited by SQ22 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title was milsleading

tommy1808

Re: Cutting holes in trumps wall.

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:38 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/11/02/smugglers-are-reportedly-cutting-holes-in-trumps-newly-constructed-border-wall-with-saws-and-power-tools/23852359/

I do not think any of us are surprised at this outcome.

Well... the 100 USD tool would only had led to arrests for a while....

But president Stupid had to blurt out on TV that they put sensors, probably wires, in to detect attempts of cutting....

When the general had to come out "Sir, we better don't discuss that" or so....

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:46 am

A US$50 tool from China can cut through a US$1,000,000,000 metal wall? quelle surprise. who could have seen this coming? build an 8 foot wall and they will build a 10 foot ladder is the saying, right? That no one has ever heard of but Democrats? color me shocked or something....

WarRI1
Topic Author

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:05 am

seb146 wrote:
A US$50 tool from China can cut through a US$1,000,000,000 metal wall? quelle surprise. who could have seen this coming? build an 8 foot wall and they will build a 10 foot ladder is the saying, right? That no one has ever heard of but Democrats? color me shocked or something....

Just think, we are probably using Chinese made steel for this wall. Good enough for trumps hotels good enough for the wall. Hey! a guy has to make a buck doesn't he?? The big guy of course, that is Capitalism after all. :yuck:

Tugger

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:40 am

WarRI1 wrote:
we are probably using Chinese made steel for this wall.

Actually no, we aren't.

Tugg

Kiwirob

Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:01 am

Why build a wall, use armed drones and shoot them as they come across, job done.

seb146

Re: Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:02 pm

His solution, BTW, is pure genius

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/united- ... ons-trumps

"You put the chunk back in." Brilliant. That will stop them!

Tugger

Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:44 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Why build a wall, use armed drones and shoot them as they come across, job done.

We only do that in other countries, not the USA. I mean, come on, be serious!

Tugg

SheikhDjibouti

Re: Smugglers are reportedly cutting holes in Trump’s newly constructed border wall with saws and power tools

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:10 pm

seb146 wrote:

That's harsh! As a loving father you'd think he'd find a better use for his son Eric. :spin:

johnboy

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:18 pm

I kinda miss the Deplorable freak show here.
Guess they realize nobody in the country is just that into them anymore.

aviationaware

Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Well it's official now. The only thing that will help against this criminal cartel scum are spring guns. No mercy for thugs. Let them die in a blaze of bullets.

Flaps

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:29 am

Regular patrols with A-10's will solve the problem quite nicely. The primary point of the military is "in theory" homeland defense anyway. Brrrrrrt...Brrrrrt = problem solved.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:37 am

Tugger wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Actually no, we aren't.

Tugg

A good thing I said probably. I guess I am learning from the trump way, lie, cheat and steal and most of all never admit a mistake, just call it fake news. :yuck:

aviationaware

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Actually no, we aren't.

Tugg

A good thing I said probably. I guess I am learning from the trump way, lie, cheat and steal and most of all never admit a mistake, just call it fake news. :yuck:

It just baffles me how a topic like this is set up to be a partisan issue.

The message seems to be "Your wall doesn't work, tee-hee"; instead of what the message should be, which is that it is unequivocally bad that these criminals who perpetrate human trafficking and drug smuggling and that those people need to be SHUT THE FUCK DOWN. It's like the anti-America left is actually gleeful that the cartels manage to find ways to subvert the border. I refuse to believe that there are actually people who are THAT sociopathic.

NIKV69

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Or cut down the number of refugees we let in to the amount NZ does?

johnboy wrote:

No they just don't feel the need to get baited into the usual flamefest the TDS causes here.

SanDiegoLover

Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:58 am

aviationaware wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Actually no, we aren't.

Tugg

The message seems to be "Your wall doesn't work, tee-hee"; instead of what the message should be, which is that it is unequivocally bad that these criminals who perpetrate human trafficking and drug smuggling and that those people need to be SHUT THE FUCK DOWN. It's like the anti-America left is actually gleeful that the cartels manage to find ways to subvert the border. I refuse to believe that there are actually people who are THAT sociopathic.

Tee hee! Your border wall doesn’t work! LOL HA HA HA HA LOL

I shall remain gleeful as long as your orange turd of a President, someone supposed to be leader of the free world, is acting like a toddler spewing racist hate 24/7 since his fat arse descended on a tacky, golden, escalator. I shall simply mirror that of the leer-less Feeder. While I applaud the Obama’s “when they go low, we go high”, it’s naive and doesn’t work on Trumpanzees. There’s only one thing Dementia Donnie and his thugs understand and despise....being mocked for the frauds and hypocrites they are. Donnie’s a baby boomer, when you prick his overinflated ego with a pin, he goes “BOOM” and becomes a hysterical baby.

aviationaware

Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
spewing racist hate 24/7

Name one specific example.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:51 am

aviationaware wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Actually no, we aren't.

Tugg

There were a lot of suggestions about that, but the WH and 45 settled on WALL WALL WALL, an expensive and pointless measure where technology and smart deployment of manpower can do a far better job *if allowed to*. Where people are gleeful is that the 'stable genius' is in fact wrong about most of the bunk he decides on without data. We are literally in the data age, and POTUS makes decisions based on his feelings and simplistic impressions of things.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:53 am

Flaps wrote:
Regular patrols with A-10's will solve the problem quite nicely. The primary point of the military is "in theory" homeland defense anyway. Brrrrrrt...Brrrrrt = problem solved.

Homeland defense against military invasions, yes. Legally, they cannot be used domestically as a law enforcement utility.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:03 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

johnboy wrote:

No they just don't feel the need to get baited into the usual flamefest the TDS causes here.

Border jumpers aren't refugees, they are economic migrants, there's a big difference.

Dutchy

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:29 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Border jumpers aren't refugees, they are economic migrants, there's a big difference.

How do you know, before you catch them and actually interview them, person for person?

mad99

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 am

Any evidence of this?
Of course you can cut steel with a saw, that’s how they make the wall

aviationaware

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 am

Aaron747 wrote:
*if allowed to*.

Operative word being IF, because as we know the radical Democrats oppose ANY border security measures because their donor class relies on the cheap labor the illegals bring across the border.

aloges

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:00 am

aviationaware wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
spewing racist hate 24/7

Name one specific example.

Let’s start with the earliest one that comes to mind immediately: “birtherism”.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 am

aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
*if allowed to*.

Operative word being IF, because as we know the radical Democrats oppose ANY border security measures because their donor class relies on the cheap labor the illegals bring across the border.

Source? Proof?

As I recall numerous Democrats were on record saying they supported hiring more CBP officers and immigration judges. Please cite information showing that these statements were not made.

Also please cite any information regarding Chamber of Commerce affiliated donors preferring one party over the other, as it has been my observation since the 1986 amnesty they have played both sides to maintain the current status quo for cheap labor.

tommy1808

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:33 am

Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
*if allowed to*.

Source? Proof?

As I recall numerous Democrats were on record saying they supported hiring more CBP officers and immigration judges. Please cite information showing that these statements were not made..

They even funded wall, and wanted to fund wall when Trump shut the government down over it....
Mmm.. and who held house, senate and White House for two years and didn't.....??? Mmmmhhh...

Best regards
Thomas

aviationaware

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am

Aaron747 wrote:

As I recall numerous Democrats were on record saying they supported hiring more CBP officers and immigration judges.

Maybe a few years ago. In the current climate where the Democrats are governed by the "Abolish ICE" morons, not a chance.

Aaron747

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:12 am

aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

As I recall numerous Democrats were on record saying they supported hiring more CBP officers and immigration judges.

Maybe a few years ago. In the current climate where the Democrats are governed by the "Abolish ICE" morons, not a chance.

You did not cite anything, and now make an emotional argument way outside the actual facts. Are you actually trying to make points or just acting as a sycophant?

bgm

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:27 am

aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
*if allowed to*.

*cough* Mar-a-Lago *cough*

The Dems don't oppose border security. They oppose spending billions on a useless vanity wall, oh and also locking children in cages, because well, they have something Republicans don't have, and that' called empathy.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:43 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

How do you know, before you catch them and actually interview them, person for person?

You know the difference don't you? Border jumpers are illegals, refugees make for the border post and ask for asylum, that's how the process works. If you're not following the process you're an illegal and deserve whatever happens to you.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:48 pm

bgm wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
*if allowed to*.

*cough* Mar-a-Lago *cough*

The Dems don't oppose border security. They oppose spending billions on a useless vanity wall, oh and also locking children in cages, because well, they have something Republicans don't have, and that' called empathy.

Not defending the orange idiot in chief, the US Border Patrol been locking children in cages for years, it would even appear that as far back as 2014 during the Obama administration children were being separated and locked up.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... mmigrants/

Both sides are as bad as each other in the US, you both have dirty hands.

Dutchy

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

You know the difference don't you? Border jumpers are illegals, refugees make for the border post and ask for asylum, that's how the process works. If you're not following the process you're an illegal and deserve whatever happens to you.

Do you know the difference?

As for your discription: This is how it works at an official border crossing

DL717

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:07 pm

More drama from the WaPo propaganda engine of the left. LA Times article from August:

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... -san-diego

A quote from the article:

“One part of that system doesn’t work alone,” she said. “A wall of a fence isn’t going to keep people out, necessarily. We don’t build the walls to be a complete deterrent. They are one tool as part of the system.”

Oops. Love having news to go back to when crap like this pops up.

bgm

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:27 pm

DL717 wrote:
More drama from the WaPo propaganda engine of the left. LA Times article from August:

“One part of that system doesn’t work alone,” she said. “A wall of a fence isn’t going to keep people out, necessarily. We don’t build the walls to be a complete deterrent. They are one tool as part of the system.”

Oops. Love having news to go back to when crap like this pops up.

So spending billions on a wall that can easy be cut open is worth it then? That money couldn’t be better spent on other means of border security?

NIKV69

Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Thanks you saved me a post. He doesn't. It's just invented to further the anti US rhetoric.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Thanks you saved me a post. He doesn't. It's just invented to further the anti US rhetoric.

Come on you know that almost all of the Latinos who border jump aren’t refugees, they’re economic migrants.

Kiwirob

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Do you know the difference?

As for your discription: This is how it works at an official border crossing

Did you actually read the article, I don’t think you did. Besides it makes a mockery of the asylum process that these people travelled through Mexico where they could have applied for asylum to head for America.

Tugger

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:36 pm

DL717 wrote:

Simply put: I fully support enforcement personnel and tools and barrirs and walls built in appropriate locations as part of a comprehensive border enforcement program (and also support increase immigration rates and better tools for engaging that). I do not in any way support "The Wall" as presented by Trump and his ilk as some kind of panacea and to be built along the entire border. Taking citizens land is not OK and it is a waste in many places and the cost become ridiculously high as you have to both build and then maintain "the wall" and then patrol it just as you would have needed to anyway without it.

Tugg

seb146

Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 am

This is the same wall Mexico was going to pay for so, I assume, they will pay for the holes being cut? The same holes that can just be put back? Because anything can be cut through anyway?

alfa164

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:00 am

seb146 wrote:
Because anything can be cut through anyway?

Almost anything. It is becoming more and more difficult to cut through Trump's bull(manure)...

;)

SanDiegoLover

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:53 am

Tugger wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Simply put: I fully support enforcement personnel and tools and barrirs and walls built in appropriate locations as part of a comprehensive border enforcement program (and also support increase immigration rates and better tools for engaging that). I do not in any way support "The Wall" as presented by Trump and his ilk as some kind of panacea and to be built along the entire border. Taking citizens land is not OK and it is a waste in many places and the cost become ridiculously high as you have to both build and then maintain "the wall" and then patrol it just as you would have needed to anyway without it.

Tugg

I only way I “fully support” enforcement of immigration, is when Republicans FIRST enact and enforce US laws throwing CEOs and business owners in prison for hiring illegal immigrants. Until such time, they are simply lying, as usual.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:12 pm

There was once, a program called E Verify, the Wealthy and Corporations loved it NOT!! Why use a computer when you can spend billions building a wall for publicity sake that can be defeated by a cut saw and ladders and shovels.

ItnStln

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

johnboy wrote:

Indeed

Pyrex

Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:58 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
There was once, a program called E Verify, the Wealthy and Corporations loved it NOT!! Why use a computer when you can spend billions building a wall for publicity sake that can be defeated by a cut saw and ladders and shovels.

Actually, it is the Democrats who oppose widespread implementation of E-Verify...

And agree, the first step of immigration enforcement should be going after employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants, particularly the ones who do so in bulk, but every time you shut one of them down there are cries from the usual suspects.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Pyrex wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Actually, it is the Democrats who oppose widespread implementation of E-Verify...

And agree, the first step of immigration enforcement should be going after employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants, particularly the ones who do so in bulk, but every time you shut one of them down there are cries from the usual suspects.

I agree, a gray area about E Verify these days
I also agree with the last part of your reply. No incentive might help hugely, but of course too many agendas for anything to work

seb146

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:17 pm

Pyrex wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Everify is not a partisan thing. All across the political spectrum, it has support as well as opposition. And for various reasons. There were times when Democrats in the House opposed Everify because it was tied in with immigration bills they opposed. I think Everify is a good starting point. It has flaws but it is a good resource.

Pyrex wrote:

And that is not going to happen because of big ag and big construction. There would be severe backlash because both industries would not be able to hire cheap labor.

Flaps

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:21 am

I'm for all of it:

Walls
Robust CBP Enforcement
Imprisonment of employers of illegals
National Guard units "collecting' those that get through the walls and catapulting them back over
Air National Guard units flying A10 patrols Brrrrrrrrp Brrrrrrrp Brrrrrrping the rest

Its an invasion no matter how you try to frame it. It should be treated as such.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:47 am

Flaps wrote:
I'm for all of it:

Walls
Robust CBP Enforcement
Imprisonment of employers of illegals
National Guard units "collecting' those that get through the walls and catapulting them back over
Air National Guard units flying A10 patrols Brrrrrrrrp Brrrrrrrp Brrrrrrping the rest

Its an invasion no matter how you try to frame it. It should be treated as such.

An invasion by invitation from Special Interests Those are of course from Corporations and the Agriculture Interests, never mind anti-union forces of those Special Interests and of course the Republican Party.

AR385

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:18 am

I´ll leave this gem here and slowly walk away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro84v1B9xMs

zkojq

Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:41 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

New Zealand doubled it's refugee quota last year (or 2017 - can't remember exactly).

seb146 wrote:

Maybe I'm just stupid, but wouldn't you have to cross into Mexico to do that?