Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13554
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1xzOVJk-bE

Looks like someone thinks the Dem field is pretty bad (he is right) and is preparing to enter the race. Unfortunately a NY elitist won't play well in the general where you need OH to win. 2020 just got a bit weirder. The Dem party is imploding right before our eyes. Howard Schultz was treated very badly by the Dem base I wonder how Bloomberg will be treated?
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:43 am

NIKV69 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1xzOVJk-bE

Looks like someone thinks the Dem field is pretty bad (he is right) and is preparing to enter the race. Unfortunately a NY elitist won't play well in the general where you need OH to win. 2020 just got a bit weirder. The Dem party is imploding right before our eyes. Howard Schultz was treated very badly by the Dem base I wonder how Bloomberg will be treated?


It’s not like you’d vote for a single, solitary, sole, Democratic candidate anyway no matter who they were, so your faux concern is laughable.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
The Dem party is imploding right before our eyes.


And look at the party you cheer for .. no longer taking dollars, all about the Rubles and dismantling the Rule of Law. They self-obliterated as soon as president Moron set foot in 1600 Pennsylvania.

Bloomberg is in for an ego check...will not even register in the polls.

I know Humans are slow to learn lessons from mistakes but I think the Hair-on-Fire leader we have now just took a huge dump on that notion of 'But if a businessman runs the government, it'll be great!'...yeah, look where that got us.

Americans could have learned from California's mistake..but did not, they only repeated it on a bigger scale.

Californians, easily bored, tossed out a decent policy wonk in Gray Davis and dumbass Californians (Reps & Dems) went nuts over 'the Terminator' becoming Governor.
The Terminator is gonna kick ass! They shouted...what did he do? Not a damn thing but make mess bigger.

Lesson to be learned? A guy on Tv or a movie is an 'Actor'..that's it! A guy reading lines..he's not what you see on Tv!
Not even close.

Then America got their turn.
Oh, the guy who tells everybody "You're Fired!' each episode...a real tough guy! Yeah, he'll change things! He's tough!"
Well....we see how that turned out, just like California, millions fell for a weakling who has no balls at all, has yet to 'fire' a single person to their face..all by the cowardly tweet'.

Who's next? Must the world learn the lesson America and California failed to learn? That the guy on TV is just that...a guy 'acting' like he's tough, acting like he knows everything.
That's it...an Act. Learn from that.


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 am

Let’s see, a rich, white New Yorker or a rich, white faux Native America from Boston. How’s that gonna work out for Dems? Bloomberg and Trump are both former Democrats from NYC.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Let’s see, a rich, white New Yorker or a rich, white faux Native America from Boston. How’s that gonna work out for Dems? Bloomberg and Trump are both former Democrats from NYC.

:checkmark: :checkmark:
I was about to say. Dems don't like one costal elitist billionare, why would they elect another?
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:53 am

stl07 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Let’s see, a rich, white New Yorker or a rich, white faux Native America from Boston. How’s that gonna work out for Dems? Bloomberg and Trump are both former Democrats from NYC.

:checkmark: :checkmark:
I was about to say. Dems don't like one costal elitist billionare, why would they elect another?


They didn't elect the 1st one. Neither did New Yorkers, they went against trump by a ratio of 9-to-1 because they 'knew' this New Yorker.

Do they (NY'kers) view Bloomberg in the same negative light as trump?

No.

He's been the mayor already, NY'kers will not shun him anywhere near as badly as they dissed trump, but Bloomberg is not necessarily 'beloved' by them either.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 am

I lean conservative but I’d consider voting for Bloomberg. I think he’d certainly have a good shot at winning the general, but I don’t think he’s liberal enough to win the nomination. Of note, I don’t think Liz Warren or Bernie Sanders would win the general election, but Bloomberg, yeah he’s have a shot.
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13554
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:23 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:

It’s not like you’d vote for a single, solitary, sole, Democratic candidate anyway no matter who they were, so your faux concern is laughable.


I find it comical you have never met me yet you know who I would vote for. Actually I would have voted for Schultz if the Dems weren't so stupid to shut him out. I would vote for Cuomo when he does run. You have to produce a candidate for independents to vote your way. Not just because they have a D next to their name. That is how Trump ended up in the white house in the first place.


BN747 wrote:

Americans could have learned from California's mistake..


BN747


ROFL :rotfl:

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Let’s see, a rich, white New Yorker or a rich, white faux Native America from Boston. How’s that gonna work out for Dems? Bloomberg and Trump are both former Democrats from NYC.


Bloomberg has no shot in the general. This is just a hail mary.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

It’s not like you’d vote for a single, solitary, sole, Democratic candidate anyway no matter who they were, so your faux concern is laughable.


I find it comical you have never met me yet you know who I would vote for. Actually I would have voted for Schultz if the Dems weren't so stupid to shut him out. I would vote for Cuomo when he does run. You have to produce a candidate for independents to vote your way. Not just because they have a D next to their name. That is how Trump ended up in the white house in the first place.


BN747 wrote:

Americans could have learned from California's mistake..


BN747


ROFL :rotfl:

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Let’s see, a rich, white New Yorker or a rich, white faux Native America from Boston. How’s that gonna work out for Dems? Bloomberg and Trump are both former Democrats from NYC.


Bloomberg has no shot in the general. This is just a hail mary.


I disagree with the last quote. There are a good deal of republicans out there that aren’t pleased with trump, but are absolutely terrified of Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders, and don’t particularly like Biden. Bloomberg is pro business and would be a centrist, which while that would make him electable in the general, could preclude him from winning a nomination from a party that is taking a hard left turn.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1500
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 am

I don't know about him being Centrism. He tried to control the size of a soft drink people bought on the streets of NY. That's just werid.
Last edited by DLFREEBIRD on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:36 am

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Americans could have learned from California's mistake..


BN747


ROFL :rotfl:


You can always count on an conservative s[lice off the part they like...like that bible they believe in...here's the full quote,

Must the world learn the lesson America and California failed to learn?

ROFL :rotfl: for BOTH for being absolutely vapid!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:42 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I don't know about him being Centrism. He tried to control the size of a soft drink people bought on the streets of NY. That's just werid.


He’s pro corporation, anti taxation, and has advocated for taxes to be applied more equally to all groups. If anything those views align more with republican philosophies then democrat. I really could care less about his control of soft drinks.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2523
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:52 am

N757ST wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I don't know about him being Centrism. He tried to control the size of a soft drink people bought on the streets of NY. That's just werid.


He’s pro corporation, anti taxation, and has advocated for taxes to be applied more equally to all groups. If anything those views align more with republican philosophies then democrat. I really could care less about his control of soft drinks.

I had forgotten about that. Actually, controlling someone's soft drink size may actually make sense since it would mean the state has no need to take care of you when you get diabetes or something else from drinking too much liquid mixed with sugar.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22626
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 am

N757ST wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I don't know about him being Centrism. He tried to control the size of a soft drink people bought on the streets of NY. That's just werid.


He’s pro corporation, anti taxation, and has advocated for taxes to be applied more equally to all groups. If anything those views align more with republican philosophies then democrat. I really could care less about his control of soft drinks.


Except being pro corporation and anti taxation is more Republican. He will siphon votes from Republicans more because he is more of a Reagan Republican. I say bring it! Look at all the name calling from the right. These bullies need to be shut down. Sooner the better!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:22 am

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I don't know about him being Centrism. He tried to control the size of a soft drink people bought on the streets of NY. That's just werid.


He’s pro corporation, anti taxation, and has advocated for taxes to be applied more equally to all groups. If anything those views align more with republican philosophies then democrat. I really could care less about his control of soft drinks.


Except being pro corporation and anti taxation is more Republican. He will siphon votes from Republicans more because he is more of a Reagan Republican. I say bring it! Look at all the name calling from the right. These bullies need to be shut down. Sooner the better!



I get that. I’m saying he’s electable in a general election, he will siphon Trump votes. It won’t get that far though, the Dems have shifted left, too far left for a majority of Americans. If the Dems nominate a centrist like Bloomberg I certainly see him as having a good shot of winning, but if you nominate a far left candidate then I don’t see you beating trump.

And to be clear, you Seb an ultra liberal democrat now support a centrist like Bloomberg because he will siphon votes? Ok, that fine i guess, but if you are looking for an ultra liberal policy maker Bloomberg isn’t your guy.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:37 am

N757ST wrote:
I lean conservative but I’d consider voting for Bloomberg. I think he’d certainly have a good shot at winning the general, but I don’t think he’s liberal enough to win the nomination. Of note, I don’t think Liz Warren or Bernie Sanders would win the general election, but Bloomberg, yeah he’s have a shot.


The irony is many in 45’s base claim they like that ‘he’s a business guy’ but Bloomberg is actually a far more successful businessman.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
apodino
Posts: 3942
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:10 am

If Bloomberg does win the democratic nomination he beats Trump in a landslide. Bloomberg though is the type of guy that I am not sure the democratic base would turn out to vote for. Bloomberg to even have a chance would have to win open primary states, such as TX and WI where there is absolutely no reason to cast a vote in a GOP primary unless you want to cast a Bill Weld vote in protest of Trump. Bloomberg could win a NY primary as New Yorkers know him well and elected him Mayor of NYC. But I still have a hard time making the math work. Bloomberg would not win a caucus state (even though only three states still hold caucuses), so forget Iowa and Nevada. New Hampshire is an open primary but Sanders and Warren both have huge advantages there being from neighboring states. South Carolina could be in play, as Bloomberg seems like the type of guy who can woo Black voters over. Otherwise Biden still seems like the guy who will win SC. So that is four primaries before super Tuesday and I doubt he wins any of them. So that puts him behind early, though he has money and those early primaries will likely force people like Booker, Harris, and Castro out of the race. Furthermore, the date that would be friendliest to Bloomberg would be April 28, as New York goes and a bunch of other states with the type of electorate that would favor a Bloomberg type (CT, MD, DE, and PA included, RI is probably going to whoever is left standing between Warren and Biden).

My ultimate hope though is that Bloomberg becomes a Third Party general election candidate. I will not vote for Trump, Sanders, or Warren under any circumstance. For me the perfect Democrat is Gabbard, or Bloomberg, and possibly Biden.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:54 am

apodino wrote:
If Bloomberg does win the democratic nomination he beats Trump in a landslide. Bloomberg though is the type of guy that I am not sure the democratic base would turn out to vote for. Bloomberg to even have a chance would have to win open primary states, such as TX and WI where there is absolutely no reason to cast a vote in a GOP primary unless you want to cast a Bill Weld vote in protest of Trump. Bloomberg could win a NY primary as New Yorkers know him well and elected him Mayor of NYC. But I still have a hard time making the math work. Bloomberg would not win a caucus state (even though only three states still hold caucuses), so forget Iowa and Nevada. New Hampshire is an open primary but Sanders and Warren both have huge advantages there being from neighboring states. South Carolina could be in play, as Bloomberg seems like the type of guy who can woo Black voters over. Otherwise Biden still seems like the guy who will win SC. So that is four primaries before super Tuesday and I doubt he wins any of them. So that puts him behind early, though he has money and those early primaries will likely force people like Booker, Harris, and Castro out of the race. Furthermore, the date that would be friendliest to Bloomberg would be April 28, as New York goes and a bunch of other states with the type of electorate that would favor a Bloomberg type (CT, MD, DE, and PA included, RI is probably going to whoever is left standing between Warren and Biden).

My ultimate hope though is that Bloomberg becomes a Third Party general election candidate. I will not vote for Trump, Sanders, or Warren under any circumstance. For me the perfect Democrat is Gabbard, or Bloomberg, and possibly Biden.


Or as I suggested earlier, the GOP could grow a pair and get behind the Senate trial, put 45 out to pasture where he belongs and put up someone like Haley. I know a lot of independents over 30 would take her seriously. But since they have abandoned conservative values for Trumpism, that seems as likely as a Bloomberg primary victory.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13225
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:37 am

Bloomberg would make a decent president, but I don't think he's the president the US needs nor wants. Like it or not corporations have too much power in the US, and a little bit more socialism is needed, or one day all these CEOs will find their heads separated from their bodies.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10709
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:26 pm

I will say that I do not understand why some in the Dem primary think that what is needed is an extreme "left pull" rather than a return to a more normal path. Personally I think it is dumb what several of the leading candidates are tying themselves to. Sure it can motivate a portion of their party, but like Trump MAGA supporters, it is a minority that actually want their candidate to act and do things like that. I am confident that there are enough Republican's out that are ready to jettison Trump from his position in the party, but they need someone they see as reasonable. And on the Dem side, I don't think they all want the stuff that is being committed to by some of the candidates either.

I don't know that Bloomberg is the answer, but someone needs to begin to successfully moderate the dialog coming from the Dem primary contenders. Even if that is to give a better voice to the more moderate and centrist desires of the party.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
BravoOne
Posts: 4094
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:51 pm

Biden will have so much stink on him by the time the general election come to pass he will lose. Bloomberg on the other hand might have an opening if he can act like the responsible adult in the room. I say give him a chance and lets see what he's got.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22626
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:56 pm

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

He’s pro corporation, anti taxation, and has advocated for taxes to be applied more equally to all groups. If anything those views align more with republican philosophies then democrat. I really could care less about his control of soft drinks.


Except being pro corporation and anti taxation is more Republican. He will siphon votes from Republicans more because he is more of a Reagan Republican. I say bring it! Look at all the name calling from the right. These bullies need to be shut down. Sooner the better!



I get that. I’m saying he’s electable in a general election, he will siphon Trump votes. It won’t get that far though, the Dems have shifted left, too far left for a majority of Americans. If the Dems nominate a centrist like Bloomberg I certainly see him as having a good shot of winning, but if you nominate a far left candidate then I don’t see you beating trump.

And to be clear, you Seb an ultra liberal democrat now support a centrist like Bloomberg because he will siphon votes? Ok, that fine i guess, but if you are looking for an ultra liberal policy maker Bloomberg isn’t your guy.


What proof is there that I am "an ultra liberal democrat"? Because I support affordable health care for all? Because I support living wages? Because I support marriage equality? Because I support the election security bill currently stuck in the Senate by Mitch McConnell? ok boomer.

Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party. The reason Democratic candidates have shifted "too far left" is because this is what appeals to voters. FDR Democrats are what sells. Not these center right Democrats. We The People want affordable health care and a social safety net and affordable education and workplace safety rules forcing the wealthy to pay taxes and so on. Things that FDR proposed.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 11773
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:03 pm

Bloomberg makes the primary interesting. Not only because it destroys the "Business" man argument of Trump, but because Bloomberg has been successful. Highly so. Trump will have nothing to show for himself but corruption and collusion.

On the other hand Bloomberg himself comes with some damage that other democrats may exploit, but no question, it makes the democratic primary more interesting.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Except being pro corporation and anti taxation is more Republican. He will siphon votes from Republicans more because he is more of a Reagan Republican. I say bring it! Look at all the name calling from the right. These bullies need to be shut down. Sooner the better!



I get that. I’m saying he’s electable in a general election, he will siphon Trump votes. It won’t get that far though, the Dems have shifted left, too far left for a majority of Americans. If the Dems nominate a centrist like Bloomberg I certainly see him as having a good shot of winning, but if you nominate a far left candidate then I don’t see you beating trump.

And to be clear, you Seb an ultra liberal democrat now support a centrist like Bloomberg because he will siphon votes? Ok, that fine i guess, but if you are looking for an ultra liberal policy maker Bloomberg isn’t your guy.


What proof is there that I am "an ultra liberal democrat"? Because I support affordable health care for all? Because I support living wages? Because I support marriage equality? Because I support the election security bill currently stuck in the Senate by Mitch McConnell? ok boomer.

Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party. The reason Democratic candidates have shifted "too far left" is because this is what appeals to voters. FDR Democrats are what sells. Not these center right Democrats. We The People want affordable health care and a social safety net and affordable education and workplace safety rules forcing the wealthy to pay taxes and so on. Things that FDR proposed.


If you want “free” health care, “free education”, support the “green new deal”, and support issues like reparations, then yes you are an ultra liberal in this country. Your opinions are your opinions, while I don’t agree with you on these stances the nice thing about this country is that we can agree to disagree. Where you are wrong is saying that’s what the voters want. They simply don’t. There’s a sect, a very vocal one, that believes that. Even if the majority of Democrats want that, which I doubt, the rest of the country including republicans are so far against all these issues that it becomes a non starter for them and a candidate gets toxic. Same goes for an extreme republican. If a republican ran on eliminating social security, eliminating Medicare, eliminating welfare, and a flat tax for everyone they likely wouldn’t garner enough support in the general election. The vast majority of people are in the center with a degree of leaning left or right, while a minority are on the fringes, a very vocal minority.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:08 pm

After mulling this over, my only issue with Bloomberg is the obvious, he would certainly do as trump and reward his circle of wealthy friends.
The same select members of elite who enjoyed trump's $2 trillion tax cut (and passed it on to us) will be repeated under him..he has to that...it's in his blue blood.

But if selected, Warren, Klobuchar, Harris or Mayor Pete (of which he will chose none) as his VP...I could get support that, I mean if you gonna go the 'business guy as prez' again...this time use a 'bonafide 'proven' rich guy, none of 'trust me..I'm rich, but you can't see my taxes BS'...we should have learned a valuable lesson from this current Idiot-in-Chief.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22626
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 pm

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:


I get that. I’m saying he’s electable in a general election, he will siphon Trump votes. It won’t get that far though, the Dems have shifted left, too far left for a majority of Americans. If the Dems nominate a centrist like Bloomberg I certainly see him as having a good shot of winning, but if you nominate a far left candidate then I don’t see you beating trump.

And to be clear, you Seb an ultra liberal democrat now support a centrist like Bloomberg because he will siphon votes? Ok, that fine i guess, but if you are looking for an ultra liberal policy maker Bloomberg isn’t your guy.


What proof is there that I am "an ultra liberal democrat"? Because I support affordable health care for all? Because I support living wages? Because I support marriage equality? Because I support the election security bill currently stuck in the Senate by Mitch McConnell? ok boomer.

Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party. The reason Democratic candidates have shifted "too far left" is because this is what appeals to voters. FDR Democrats are what sells. Not these center right Democrats. We The People want affordable health care and a social safety net and affordable education and workplace safety rules forcing the wealthy to pay taxes and so on. Things that FDR proposed.


If you want “free” health care, “free education”, support the “green new deal”, and support issues like reparations, then yes you are an ultra liberal in this country. Your opinions are your opinions, while I don’t agree with you on these stances the nice thing about this country is that we can agree to disagree. Where you are wrong is saying that’s what the voters want. They simply don’t. There’s a sect, a very vocal one, that believes that. Even if the majority of Democrats want that, which I doubt, the rest of the country including republicans are so far against all these issues that it becomes a non starter for them and a candidate gets toxic. Same goes for an extreme republican. If a republican ran on eliminating social security, eliminating Medicare, eliminating welfare, and a flat tax for everyone they likely wouldn’t garner enough support in the general election. The vast majority of people are in the center with a degree of leaning left or right, while a minority are on the fringes, a very vocal minority.


You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10709
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Why do people want to paint with broad brushes? All it does is aggravate the conversation, it does not facilitate conversation. I sometimes think people are seeking to inflame and incite and not actually achieve any other goal.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Bloomberg will get as much traction as Howard Schultz did. Bloomberg figures if he runs he’s got a shot to make sure Warren doesn’t come after his money. Bloomie is just terrified he might have to cough up $3 billion. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/billiona ... 27b2308d5d
 
anrec80
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Bloomberg is 77 years of age. Can’t Democrats move forwards anyone other than one more mammoth?
 
hashtagconfused
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:35 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

What proof is there that I am "an ultra liberal democrat"? Because I support affordable health care for all? Because I support living wages? Because I support marriage equality? Because I support the election security bill currently stuck in the Senate by Mitch McConnell? ok boomer.

Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party. The reason Democratic candidates have shifted "too far left" is because this is what appeals to voters. FDR Democrats are what sells. Not these center right Democrats. We The People want affordable health care and a social safety net and affordable education and workplace safety rules forcing the wealthy to pay taxes and so on. Things that FDR proposed.


If you want “free” health care, “free education”, support the “green new deal”, and support issues like reparations, then yes you are an ultra liberal in this country. Your opinions are your opinions, while I don’t agree with you on these stances the nice thing about this country is that we can agree to disagree. Where you are wrong is saying that’s what the voters want. They simply don’t. There’s a sect, a very vocal one, that believes that. Even if the majority of Democrats want that, which I doubt, the rest of the country including republicans are so far against all these issues that it becomes a non starter for them and a candidate gets toxic. Same goes for an extreme republican. If a republican ran on eliminating social security, eliminating Medicare, eliminating welfare, and a flat tax for everyone they likely wouldn’t garner enough support in the general election. The vast majority of people are in the center with a degree of leaning left or right, while a minority are on the fringes, a very vocal minority.


You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.


What policy or plan do you support that will make those items “affordable”?
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:35 pm

apodino wrote:
If Bloomberg does win the democratic nomination he beats Trump in a landslide. Bloomberg though is the type of guy that I am not sure the democratic base would turn out to vote for. Bloomberg to even have a chance would have to win open primary states, such as TX and WI where there is absolutely no reason to cast a vote in a GOP primary unless you want to cast a Bill Weld vote in protest of Trump. Bloomberg could win a NY primary as New Yorkers know him well and elected him Mayor of NYC. But I still have a hard time making the math work. Bloomberg would not win a caucus state (even though only three states still hold caucuses), so forget Iowa and Nevada. New Hampshire is an open primary but Sanders and Warren both have huge advantages there being from neighboring states. South Carolina could be in play, as Bloomberg seems like the type of guy who can woo Black voters over. Otherwise Biden still seems like the guy who will win SC. So that is four primaries before super Tuesday and I doubt he wins any of them. So that puts him behind early, though he has money and those early primaries will likely force people like Booker, Harris, and Castro out of the race. Furthermore, the date that would be friendliest to Bloomberg would be April 28, as New York goes and a bunch of other states with the type of electorate that would favor a Bloomberg type (CT, MD, DE, and PA included, RI is probably going to whoever is left standing between Warren and Biden).

My ultimate hope though is that Bloomberg becomes a Third Party general election candidate. I will not vote for Trump, Sanders, or Warren under any circumstance. For me the perfect Democrat is Gabbard, or Bloomberg, and possibly Biden.


Biden is just another Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or John Kerry. All three of them lost. Why pick someone who doesn’t excite the base, depresses voter turnout, to somehow magically attract those unicorn “undecided voters” 2 weeks before Election Day? Democrats win, and win big, when voter turnout is high. Republicans thrive in voter suppressed elections. Biden excites no one except the corporatists and mass media who’s paycheck is made on talking incessantly about the “horse race”. Who’s up...who’s down....polls say.....how will voters react.....he said....she said.....insipidity.

Why should Democrats be forced to watch the Republican Party pull the political window further and further off the wingnut cliff, and be told anyone left of Joe Lieberman or Joe Scarborough is a Maoist, leftwing, fanatic. The Democrats i know are sick to death of our elected Democrats starting with a barely left of center opening negotiation stance, to be forced to be presented with a wingnut alternative as a”serious “ position, only to negotiate amongst ourselves and give everything away to get nothing in return.

Republicans have no ideas on healthcare. None! Zero! Zip! Nada! Yet somehow all they know is universal healthcare is a pipe dream. A “pipe dream” that every other civilized country in the west has. I’ve lived in Singapore, Czech Republic, Japan, each for more than 18 months. Lived in Argentina for 6 months. Somehow all of these countries have universal healthcare and each had unique ways to achieve it.
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:52 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

What proof is there that I am "an ultra liberal democrat"? Because I support affordable health care for all? Because I support living wages? Because I support marriage equality? Because I support the election security bill currently stuck in the Senate by Mitch McConnell? ok boomer.

Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party. The reason Democratic candidates have shifted "too far left" is because this is what appeals to voters. FDR Democrats are what sells. Not these center right Democrats. We The People want affordable health care and a social safety net and affordable education and workplace safety rules forcing the wealthy to pay taxes and so on. Things that FDR proposed.


If you want “free” health care, “free education”, support the “green new deal”, and support issues like reparations, then yes you are an ultra liberal in this country. Your opinions are your opinions, while I don’t agree with you on these stances the nice thing about this country is that we can agree to disagree. Where you are wrong is saying that’s what the voters want. They simply don’t. There’s a sect, a very vocal one, that believes that. Even if the majority of Democrats want that, which I doubt, the rest of the country including republicans are so far against all these issues that it becomes a non starter for them and a candidate gets toxic. Same goes for an extreme republican. If a republican ran on eliminating social security, eliminating Medicare, eliminating welfare, and a flat tax for everyone they likely wouldn’t garner enough support in the general election. The vast majority of people are in the center with a degree of leaning left or right, while a minority are on the fringes, a very vocal minority.


You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.


I could use some choice language, but I’m not a MAGA man and I’m certainly not low information. I’m pretty well educated also bubs. Free, affordable, call it what you want, you want the government to subsidize your housing, your health care, and your education, because you made some poor decisions and bought a whole lot of education that hasn’t paid you bupkis. Now you want that rest of us to pay for your bad decisions, sorry bro... that right there is the definition of extreme liberal.

And I just stated earlier that even as an apparently low information republican I could support a candidate like Bloomberg. I don’t vote solely on the letter next to someone’s name on a ballot but rather their platform.
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:55 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
apodino wrote:
If Bloomberg does win the democratic nomination he beats Trump in a landslide. Bloomberg though is the type of guy that I am not sure the democratic base would turn out to vote for. Bloomberg to even have a chance would have to win open primary states, such as TX and WI where there is absolutely no reason to cast a vote in a GOP primary unless you want to cast a Bill Weld vote in protest of Trump. Bloomberg could win a NY primary as New Yorkers know him well and elected him Mayor of NYC. But I still have a hard time making the math work. Bloomberg would not win a caucus state (even though only three states still hold caucuses), so forget Iowa and Nevada. New Hampshire is an open primary but Sanders and Warren both have huge advantages there being from neighboring states. South Carolina could be in play, as Bloomberg seems like the type of guy who can woo Black voters over. Otherwise Biden still seems like the guy who will win SC. So that is four primaries before super Tuesday and I doubt he wins any of them. So that puts him behind early, though he has money and those early primaries will likely force people like Booker, Harris, and Castro out of the race. Furthermore, the date that would be friendliest to Bloomberg would be April 28, as New York goes and a bunch of other states with the type of electorate that would favor a Bloomberg type (CT, MD, DE, and PA included, RI is probably going to whoever is left standing between Warren and Biden).

My ultimate hope though is that Bloomberg becomes a Third Party general election candidate. I will not vote for Trump, Sanders, or Warren under any circumstance. For me the perfect Democrat is Gabbard, or Bloomberg, and possibly Biden.


Biden is just another Hillary Clinton, Al Gore, or John Kerry. All three of them lost. Why pick someone who doesn’t excite the base, depresses voter turnout, to somehow magically attract those unicorn “undecided voters” 2 weeks before Election Day? Democrats win, and win big, when voter turnout is high. Republicans thrive in voter suppressed elections. Biden excites no one except the corporatists and mass media who’s paycheck is made on talking incessantly about the “horse race”. Who’s up...who’s down....polls say.....how will voters react.....he said....she said.....insipidity.

Why should Democrats be forced to watch the Republican Party pull the political window further and further off the wingnut cliff, and be told anyone left of Joe Lieberman or Joe Scarborough is a Maoist, leftwing, fanatic. The Democrats i know are sick to death of our elected Democrats starting with a barely left of center opening negotiation stance, to be forced to be presented with a wingnut alternative as a”serious “ position, only to negotiate amongst ourselves and give everything away to get nothing in return.

Republicans have no ideas on healthcare. None! Zero! Zip! Nada! Yet somehow all they know is universal healthcare is a pipe dream. A “pipe dream” that every other civilized country in the west has. I’ve lived in Singapore, Czech Republic, Japan, each for more than 18 months. Lived in Argentina for 6 months. Somehow all of these countries have universal healthcare and each had unique ways to achieve it.


If you nominate a candidate that wants to give free Medicare to the masses, and subsequently wants to spend 52 trillion dollars over 10 years doing it, your certainly going to motivate people to vote, but it won’t be for the candidate you think.
 
Okie
Posts: 4155
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:04 pm

Wow.

So we got Steyer and Bloomberg running for President and Vice President on the Democrat ticket.

Okie
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13554
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:21 pm

seb146 wrote:
Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party..


You know this how?

I love how everyone here conveniently forgets how anti gun he is and that will make him all but unelectable in the states he needs in the general OH sure won't vote for him so he is toast right there. I also love how everyone here won't discuss how he refused to leave after he has termed out in NYC and changed the rules so he could run for a third term. Something if Trump did you would all say the world is coming to an end.

The country is not going to elect a NY Jewish elitist. If you truly believe this than TDS has really taken hold. It just shows how bad the Dem party has spiraled out control and is going down the toilet.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
Dieuwer
Posts: 2487
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Why does Bloomberg have to run as a Dem Party candidate? Can he not run as an "independent" with his own organization?
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Why does Bloomberg have to run as a Dem Party candidate? Can he not run as an "independent" with his own organization?


No independent has a reasonable shot to win a general election.
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:00 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party..


You know this how?

I love how everyone here conveniently forgets how anti gun he is and that will make him all but unelectable in the states he needs in the general OH sure won't vote for him so he is toast right there. I also love how everyone here won't discuss how he refused to leave after he has termed out in NYC and changed the rules so he could run for a third term. Something if Trump did you would all say the world is coming to an end.

The country is not going to elect a NY Jewish elitist. If you truly believe this than TDS has really taken hold. It just shows how bad the Dem party has spiraled out control and is going down the toilet.



Here we go again, a terminally inflicted TDS victim calling others 'under the influence'...one day you'll discover comprehension.

He knows that because the veneer of one coat outshines that of the other.

You see the 'jewish' in Bloomberg while the masses will see 'rich guy'...er, scratch that, they well see an actual confirmed Billionaire vs the clown President wannabe 'rich' guy who hides his taxes.

Were the Clown president, Jewish...he would have been America's first Jewish president because the masses recognized him for his name above religion, pass failed business..they (you) voted for him because you saw what you thought was a wealthy dude, you did care about his failed business history, his racist antics did bother you (obviously), his limited knowledge did not even register as a point of concern.

Bloomberg soars past all of those negatives of your hero...therefore the Jewish thing will only be a problem for the likes of You, the MAGA boys and white conservatives...no one else.

Your own words 'hung' you on this one, pal.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 12469
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:26 am

N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

If you want “free” health care, “free education”, support the “green new deal”, and support issues like reparations, then yes you are an ultra liberal in this country. Your opinions are your opinions, while I don’t agree with you on these stances the nice thing about this country is that we can agree to disagree. Where you are wrong is saying that’s what the voters want. They simply don’t. There’s a sect, a very vocal one, that believes that. Even if the majority of Democrats want that, which I doubt, the rest of the country including republicans are so far against all these issues that it becomes a non starter for them and a candidate gets toxic. Same goes for an extreme republican. If a republican ran on eliminating social security, eliminating Medicare, eliminating welfare, and a flat tax for everyone they likely wouldn’t garner enough support in the general election. The vast majority of people are in the center with a degree of leaning left or right, while a minority are on the fringes, a very vocal minority.


You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.


I could use some choice language, but I’m not a MAGA man and I’m certainly not low information. I’m pretty well educated also bubs. Free, affordable, call it what you want, you want the government to subsidize your housing, your health care, and your education, because you made some poor decisions and bought a whole lot of education that hasn’t paid you bupkis. Now you want that rest of us to pay for your bad decisions, sorry bro... that right there is the definition of extreme liberal.

And I just stated earlier that even as an apparently low information republican I could support a candidate like Bloomberg. I don’t vote solely on the letter next to someone’s name on a ballot but rather their platform.


That’s one person’s motivation though. A lot of us would like healthcare overhauled to a non-profit model where it was before the 1973 HMO act - not because it’s ‘getting folks to pay for me’ but because a large risk pool with managed pricing is going to be better for everyone in terms of dollars and sense - well everyone other than insurance ans hospital execs who make far more off the current system than providers do. I’d say giving people the choice to leave their private plans and save hundreds a month paying a healthcare tax instead of high premiums would be great for the economy, employers, and pocketbook.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2294
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:39 am

I don't trust any Democrat on Foreign Policy. Although I am thankful for what Carter did with the Camp David Accords.
Rs aren't perfect either. But I'll take the lessor of two evils.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
N757ST
Posts: 1031
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:42 am

Aaron747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.


I could use some choice language, but I’m not a MAGA man and I’m certainly not low information. I’m pretty well educated also bubs. Free, affordable, call it what you want, you want the government to subsidize your housing, your health care, and your education, because you made some poor decisions and bought a whole lot of education that hasn’t paid you bupkis. Now you want that rest of us to pay for your bad decisions, sorry bro... that right there is the definition of extreme liberal.

And I just stated earlier that even as an apparently low information republican I could support a candidate like Bloomberg. I don’t vote solely on the letter next to someone’s name on a ballot but rather their platform.


That’s one person’s motivation though. A lot of us would like healthcare overhauled to a non-profit model where it was before the 1973 HMO act - not because it’s ‘getting folks to pay for me’ but because a large risk pool with managed pricing is going to be better for everyone in terms of dollars and sense - well everyone other than insurance ans hospital execs who make far more off the current system than providers do. I’d say giving people the choice to leave their private plans and save hundreds a month paying a healthcare tax instead of high premiums would be great for the economy, employers, and pocketbook.


In don’t disagree with a reasonable health care proposal, but that’d have to include tort reform. Liz warrens 52 trillion dollar plan is a non starter.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22626
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Back to the point: Democrats will vote for any Democrat. If Bloomberg ends up being the nominee, he will win. Democrats will vote for him and moderate Republicans will vote for either him or third party..


You know this how?

I love how everyone here conveniently forgets how anti gun he is and that will make him all but unelectable in the states he needs in the general OH sure won't vote for him so he is toast right there. I also love how everyone here won't discuss how he refused to leave after he has termed out in NYC and changed the rules so he could run for a third term. Something if Trump did you would all say the world is coming to an end.

The country is not going to elect a NY Jewish elitist. If you truly believe this than TDS has really taken hold. It just shows how bad the Dem party has spiraled out control and is going down the toilet.


Literally every Democrat is unelectable to you for whatever crazy reason. This one is tough on guns, that one is tough on health care, that one is too thin, that one is the wrong brand of Christian....

How do you know that everyone will flock to your orange god? He is a liar and has gotten nothing done unless you are ultra wealthy. We understand this. We want anyone else.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2679
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I don't trust any Democrat on Foreign Policy. Although I am thankful for what Carter did with the Camp David Accords.
Rs aren't perfect either. But I'll take the lessor of two evils.


"I don't trust no doctors. Fetch me my witch!"
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
seb146 wrote:

You MAGA fans and uninformed Republicans keep saying "free" when we actually say "AFFORDABLE" but do go on and change the conversation to what makes you comfortable and bypass facts. Just because low information righties keep repeating something does not mean it is true.


I could use some choice language, but I’m not a MAGA man and I’m certainly not low information. I’m pretty well educated also bubs. Free, affordable, call it what you want, you want the government to subsidize your housing, your health care, and your education, because you made some poor decisions and bought a whole lot of education that hasn’t paid you bupkis. Now you want that rest of us to pay for your bad decisions, sorry bro... that right there is the definition of extreme liberal.

And I just stated earlier that even as an apparently low information republican I could support a candidate like Bloomberg. I don’t vote solely on the letter next to someone’s name on a ballot but rather their platform.


That’s one person’s motivation though. A lot of us would like healthcare overhauled to a non-profit model where it was before the 1973 HMO act - not because it’s ‘getting folks to pay for me’ but because a large risk pool with managed pricing is going to be better for everyone in terms of dollars and sense - well everyone other than insurance ans hospital execs who make far more off the current system than providers do. I’d say giving people the choice to leave their private plans and save hundreds a month paying a healthcare tax instead of high premiums would be great for the economy, employers, and pocketbook.


There was never a “non profit” health financing model in the US.

GF
 
BN747
Posts: 7898
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:16 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

There was never a “non profit” health financing model in the US.

GF


And it's long, long overdue!

Profiting on health .. is the worst arena of capitalism that needs to be disposed of ASAP.
Making money on the survival human beings must end. An intelligent species would have no part in that.

On the other hand, a greedy capitalistic species (us in the West ex-Cuba) does what we are doing.

Sure, profit from ancillary sales..as much as you can but from primary medical care Cubanize that bullshit!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
NIKV69
Topic Author
Posts: 13554
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm

I asked everyone to address Bloomberg refusing to leave after being termed out. Crickets. He changed the rules to run for a third term but since he has the D next to his name it's ok. Where if Trump did that we would have the world ending.

See why we can't take the Democratic party seriously anymore?

No constitutional crisis just acceptance. Partisanship has not done you well. Trump Haley 2020.

Going to be a heck of a ride.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13225
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:36 pm

Trump and rules in the same paragraph. You're a comedian aren't you ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
SL1200MK2
Posts: 142
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:00 pm

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:13 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I asked everyone to address Bloomberg refusing to leave after being termed out. Crickets. He changed the rules to run for a third term but since he has the D next to his name it's ok. Where if Trump did that we would have the world ending.

See why we can't take the Democratic party seriously anymore?

No constitutional crisis just acceptance. Partisanship has not done you well. Trump Haley 2020.

Going to be a heck of a ride.


While I don’t think it will make any difference, I’m not a fan of Democrats, or anyone else for that matter, trying to gain additional terms.

What’s interesting here, however, is that you find a lack of responses from a few folks on an airline geek forum to lead you to assume this is representative of all Democrats, and that they can no longer be taken seriously. I’m sure there are other reason to question any political party, but responses on an aviation website as a gauge seems to be a bit silly.

I remember Giuliani trying this as well.

My guess is that it’s not particularly uncommon, considering politicians in general.

I think the difference with your orange boy is that he is truly gross. He’s a slob who jokes about sexual
assault. He spends way too much time getting upset on social media. I’m sure you grasp these things, but still, I think this is why people may react differently with him over others threatening additional terms.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22626
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I asked everyone to address Bloomberg refusing to leave after being termed out. Crickets. He changed the rules to run for a third term but since he has the D next to his name it's ok. Where if Trump did that we would have the world ending.

See why we can't take the Democratic party seriously anymore?

No constitutional crisis just acceptance. Partisanship has not done you well. Trump Haley 2020.

Going to be a heck of a ride.


And there were crickets from Republicans when Republicans changed the rules an limited the power of Democratic governors in Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan. You didn't care then but you care now. ONLY because he had a (D) behind his name. Even when we point out that your dear leader wants an extra 2 years added to his term, Republicans change the subject.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 13225
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:47 am

Term limits shouldn't be needed, and good politicians should be allowed to stay longer if re elected, however when you look at the current US president, you might think otherwise.

In France we didn't have term limits for presidents until recently, the constitution was changed by Nicolas Sarkozy so now it's two terms, I suspect he wanted to copy the US, but also figured that if he won one reelection, then he could enjoy two terms and not worry about another election, or having to announce he wouldn't be running, he could just say that well he's term limited !

In practice most French presidents can't even manage to win a second term (or even run for reelection) so it doesn't seem to matter that much, but now with a much younger president I guess the subject could come back.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bennett123, Dutchy and 85 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos