Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146

Re: Bloomberg preparing to enter 2020 race.

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:13 am

Aesma wrote:
Term limits shouldn't be needed, and good politicians should be allowed to stay longer if re elected, however when you look at the current US president, you might think otherwise.

In France we didn't have term limits for presidents until recently, the constitution was changed by Nicolas Sarkozy so now it's two terms, I suspect he wanted to copy the US, but also figured that if he won one reelection, then he could enjoy two terms and not worry about another election, or having to announce he wouldn't be running, he could just say that well he's term limited !

In practice most French presidents can't even manage to win a second term (or even run for reelection) so it doesn't seem to matter that much, but now with a much younger president I guess the subject could come back.

The entire United States political system is based on money. Some state governors and the president are all termed out for one reason or another. The president because of FDR. Neither party wanted a king. Congress, however, has no term limits. So, members of Congress can continue to enjoy their lavish lifestyle from lobbyists and donors because that is how Congress works. Money.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

winginit

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:49 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I don't trust any Democrat on Foreign Policy. Although I am thankful for what Carter did with the Camp David Accords.
Rs aren't perfect either. But I'll take the lessor of two evils.

"Aren't perfect?" Is there a better modern example of complete foreign policy incompetence than the Republican lead invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan?

Trillions of dollars spent - hundreds of thousands of lives lost ... for absolutely nothing.

SanDiegoLover

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:38 pm

If Bloomberg could check his ego, he could become kingmaker. Bloomberg’s biggest concerns are climate change, gun control, and healthcare; all priorities for all of the Democratic front runners for POTUS. The only way all of those are going to move forward is for Democrats to be in the WH, in charge of the House, and the Senate.

Instead of spending $1 billion on this vanity run, he could instead invest that $1 billion in running a massive voter registration, get out the vote, and Election Day ground game to get those newly registered voters to the polls. Not only would this almost guarantee a Democrat get the White House, but help up and down the ticket to Senators, House races, state positions, and local Democrats.

Additionally, helping install as many governors and state houses to Democrats insures Democrats get to gerrymander to their liking (given SCOTUS has now approved of partisan gerrymandering) in 2021 after the census. I hope Mike comes to his senses.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Another rich, left-wing, control freak, busy body intent in telling us proles how to live, wonderful. Either he runs as an egomaniac busybody OR spends the money electing a whole party of busybodies. GTFO.

GF

casinterest

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Another rich, left-wing, control freak, busy body intent in telling us proles how to live, wonderful. Either he runs as an egomaniac busybody OR spends the money electing a whole party of busybodies. GTFO.

GF

At least he was a successful business man, unlike the 5 time bankrupt fraud we currently have.
Where ever you go, there you are.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:39 pm

This double standard is getting old, GOP has a billionaire in office, but think Dems shouldn't have billionaire running for office? Citizen United made it this way, get used to it. The only good thing about Bloomberg running is that he will probably do something about gun control. If that makes him a busy body, I have no problem. He cannot control what
size of drink we have, that's not a federal thing that's done at the local level of government.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:24 pm

Citizen United has nothing to do with it. The rule that limits individual political contributions is the problem, only a Bloomberg or a Trump can afford to indulge their egos by spending their own fortunes.

Bankruptcy in construction and real estate is mostly a dodge in a highly leveraged field. Blooming made his fortune in finance and media, two discredited fields, too.

BN747

Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Bloomberg - New York & California in the bag
Beto vp - Texas in the bag

..an unbeatable trifecta!

Go Bloomy!

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69
Topic Author

Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

BN747 wrote:

Go Bloomy!

BN747

NY and CA would vote for a taco if it won the Dem nomination. As for VP you need a woman. Good luck to you. :crazy:
I am the Googlizer!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:09 pm

You mean Robert Francis O’Rourke, who self-identifies as Mexican but is about as Hispanic as I am. More PC BS.

GF

BN747

Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:29 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Go Bloomy!

BN747

NY and CA would vote for a taco if it won the Dem nomination. As for VP you need a woman. Good luck to you. :crazy:

That's true as long as that Taco doesn't have Russian loyalty, zero owed debt to the Russians and not paid for in Rubles.....like your hero!

Bloomy + Beto works because it's split the conservative white male vote right down the middle - too many of them (white males) worship money beyond what is 'health ' and will follow the money bags.

Beto brings the women..period.
Latino vote locked up.

Only weak spot...
Hopefully, black votes won't stay home.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

slider

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:13 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You mean Robert Francis O’Rourke, who self-identifies as Mexican but is about as Hispanic as I am. More PC BS.

GF

Who also eats tacos with a fork, can't cook a steak and fled the scene of his DUI accident.

He's a fucking poser. And a radical leftist.

StarAC17

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Bloomberg is no liberal, he is just acting as one he ran as a Republican in NY for mayor.

However your are is 100% correct that he is the guy who will tell you how to live. His banning of big gulps are an example of this and he is on the record stating the legalization of weed is horrible idea. He was also slapped down in court over stop and frisk.

If you want to get liberals and conservatives to agree on something it is probably that war on drugs is a failure and legalize and regulate weed and perhaps all drugs.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

slider

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

BN747 wrote:

Go Bloomy!

BN747

Robert Francis O'Rourke openly said he'd confiscate guns.

That ain't gonna play in Texas.

Do you get your political insight from a Cracker Jack box? Because you're horrendously wrong there. And newsflash: any Democrat, ANY PERSON with a D behind their name, is going to win NY and CA. Yawn.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Probably eats a hot dog sideways, too.

BN747

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 pm

slider wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Go Bloomy!

BN747

Robert Francis O'Rourke openly said he'd confiscate guns.

That ain't gonna play in Texas.

Do you get your political insight from a Cracker Jack box? Because you're horrendously wrong there. And newsflash: any Democrat, ANY PERSON with a D behind their name, is going to win NY and CA. Yawn.

To you, given the trend of current events and Beto's strong showing against Cruz, him on the ticket would totally fuel an unprecedented turnout as in Kentucky last week. You may think (probably praying)'the gun protest vote' carries a weight you suggest. trump Fatigue is rapidly spreading, that's what current political winds & election show.

Although, you guys are drooling for 4 more years of lies by the hour, endless KKK rallies, endless ignorance cheered by his supporters as 'brilliance, endless Emoluments clause violations, endless attacking the Rule of Law & the Judiciary...the country has seen thru his bullshit 'playing president...a man with a child's mind doing exactly that, MOST Americans have figured him out and are sick of it. Even gun toting Texas, the gun debate will not save him....just ask Kentucky. Texas ain't Mississippi.

BN747

NIKV69
Topic Author

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:40 am

I am the Googlizer!!!

Okie

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:04 am

NIKV69 wrote:
It just gets better and better.

Now Patrick to go along with Bloomberg.

Looking like a lot of people wanting to run for President after Biden set the precedence of getting family members on offshore board of directors.

Wonder if I can get one of them to adopt Okie in order to support him in a manner in which he is accustom. I think if I cut back a little I might get by on $50,0000.00 per month.

Okie

DarkSnowyNight

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:27 am

slider wrote:
fled the scene of his DUI accident.

According to a 'witness' that was neither named, nor ever appeared again, in any way at all. The result is that this statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would provide a significantly different impression. Belief of this claim is prohibited without severe political bias.

If it were Trump in the same situation, you would actively defend this, begging us to consider 'due process'. Or more likely referring to such claims as a 'witch hunt'.

The fact that Cruz could not make progress with that claim tells you everything you need to know.

slider wrote:
He's a fucking poser.

Very likely true, yes.

slider wrote:
And a radical leftist.

False. As centrist as he is, believing that requires a level of radical right wing jihadiism consistent with severe mental illness. If you are sincere, you should get that looked at.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Probably eats a hot dog sideways, too.

Heh... Plausible. Though I would have guessed 'Also with a Fork' on that one.

NIKV69 wrote:

He may not be able to move fast enough to appear at NH.

Apart from that, he is as good any other to appear so far.

As for Bloomberg, no, he is not at all serious. Reference is made here.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Aesma

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Well a Russian woman divorced by her billionaire husband claims that she must live in poverty with the few millions dollars (about 85) she got...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

slider

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Dark Snowy Night- any candidate who openly clamors for firearm confiscation is, in fact, a radical leftist.

Come and Take It, Robert Francis.

AeroVega

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:48 pm

It appears Bloomberg just entered the race. I wish him well, I hope our American friends give him a chance.

NIKV69
Topic Author

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:38 am

AeroVega wrote:
It appears Bloomberg just entered the race. I wish him well, I hope our American friends give him a chance.

People in Ohio won't give him a chance so it's moot. I still think he can't beat Biden in the primary and still can't believe there has been no discussion in the MSM how he refused to leave when he was termed out. If Trump did that we would have protesters burning down every city. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
I am the Googlizer!!!

Dieuwer

Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 pm

seb146

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:

People in Ohio won't give him a chance so it's moot. I still think he can't beat Biden in the primary and still can't believe there has been no discussion in the MSM how he refused to leave when he was termed out. If Trump did that we would have protesters burning down every city. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

The MAGA leader has already suggested he wants another 2 1/2 years added to his term and no one but no one on the right said a damn word. What is wrong with wanting every elected official to follow the law? To uphold the Constitution they are sworn to uphold? What is wrong with that?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!