Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

caliboy93
Topic Author

America vs India

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:31 am

What are the quality of life differences between India and America?

tommy1808

Re: America vs India

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 am

Depends on Income, you get much better air in the US.....
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Dutchy

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 am

What do you mean? Are you looking for statistics? Are you looking for comparing the 1% with each other? Are you looking for comparing the bottom 10% with each other? The average maybe?

Such a broad question, I guess all answers will be correct. So my answer is 42.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

fr8mech

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:51 am

Assuming you mean the United States of America, according to this website, the difference is 61.36.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

flipdewaf

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:23 am

A culture divided by skin colour with corrupt government where appearance is more important than substance.

Meh...

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vikkyvik

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:06 pm

flipdewaf wrote:
A culture divided by skin colour with corrupt government where appearance is more important than substance.

Meh...

Fred

Is it bad that I don't know which country you're referring to?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Dutchy

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:26 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:

Meh...

Fred

Is it bad that I don't know which country you're referring to?

:rotfl: Excellent, a nice piece of English humor. I can see that you haven't lost your British heritage. I will leave it to your imagination which country I am thinking of :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

stl07

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:26 pm

flipdewaf wrote:

Meh...

Fred

So in essence, the two nations are very similar
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

SL1200MK2

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 pm

I think a major difference is that in the U.S., I believe that more than 30% of the population has access to toilets.

sonicruiser

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 pm

flipdewaf wrote:

There is significantly less racism in the US than India. US media spends a ton of time covering relatively rare instances of racism while Indian media doesn’t cover it all despite it being a rampant occurrence.
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:31 pm

SL1200MK2 wrote:
I think a major difference is that in the U.S., I believe that more than 30% of the population has access to toilets.

Which also means the smells at ILS minimums at BOM are eye-watering, something not smelt at say, JFK.

SL1200MK2

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:31 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

Which also means the smells at ILS minimums at BOM are eye-watering, something not smelt at say, JFK.

I don’t want to diverge too far from the discussion, however, that is intense, if true. I’m just seeing if that truly happens on final.

Thanks!

NIKV69

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:35 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:

Ouch.

Someone may want to ask Fareed Zakaria. He seemed to think he would do better here than his birth country.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

sonicruiser

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:20 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

You can almost imagine it watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2qxFhLVdec

BN747

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 am

NIKV69 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:

Ouch.

Someone may want to ask Fareed Zakaria. He seemed to think he would do better here than his birth country.

You misunderstand him, he's saying that 30% of India's pop. has access toilets, not the other way around.

Fareed and most of the world will chose 'you know who'...

sonicruiser wrote:
flipdewaf wrote:

There is significantly less racism in the US than India. US media spends a ton of time covering relatively rare instances of racism while Indian media doesn’t cover it all despite it being a rampant occurrence.

Apples and Oranges
The India version of racism is nothing ;ile the American brand.

There are Indians blacker than the Wesley Snipes but with green or blue eyes...and yet all indians as established/classified as white.

How does the human mind convince itself that two blacks dudes are the same color but they are not, in fact one is entirely antithetical of the other.

India brand racism also has the economic (as do we) layer AND the Caste system layer(s).
US brand is solely race based.

But all cultures are born of ignorance and explains why we are born ignorant. The problem is too many of us are unable to erase most of that which remains for life.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

vikkyvik

Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:03 pm

BN747 wrote:
and yet all indians as established/classified as white.

In what way? Not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard that and never marked myself down as white on anything.

Do you mean Caucasian?
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

BN747

Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:54 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
BN747 wrote:
and yet all indians as established/classified as white.

"
In what way? Not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard that and never marked myself down as white on anything.

Do you mean Caucasian?

from the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitio ... ted_States
"The U.S. Census Bureau has over the years changed its own classification of Indians. In 1930 and 1940, Indian Americans were classified as "Hindu" by "Race", and in 1950 and 1960, they were categorized as Other Race, and in 1970, they were deemed white. "

There is more on this out there, I got my details from document critical of Ghandi's racism toward Africans.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

texdravid

Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:26 am

India is waaaay more racist than the USA.
It makes no bones about it either.

The earlier poster who said in America isolated incidents of racism are magnified to make it look worse, but in India large incidents are minimized to make it look like it’s no big deal is exactly right.

It exists in personal relations as the whole indian marriage culture is based on “fair” or the silly “wheatish” complexion. Parents of a dark daughter are horrified and those of a fair or light skinned daughter are elated.

The “fair and lovely” cream nonsense. Yes, there is a huge industry to try and make yourself a Michael Jackson. Disgusting.

Media and Bollywood. Go to Delhi and Mumbai in the streets. Check the the complexions. Now go to a cinema and see the Bollywood heroes and heroines. On screen, India is a white Caucasian paradise. What a disconnect!

Put it another way: someone like Wesley Snipes, Oprah, Jamie Foxx or Kanye et al would NEVER come within ten miles of a tv or movie screen in India. Y’all know it’s true. Heck, Frieda Pinto is considered “too dark” for Bollywood for Christ’s sake. Meanwhile, she’s a huge star in the US.

Being dark in America is way easier than in India.
And finally, the biggest hypocrisy in the world is how these same racist North Indians come to America and suddenly get racial whiplash as THEY complain about racism in America and want to “Take it to the man!” Ridiculous preening hypocrisy.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

BN747

Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:50 am

texdravid wrote:
It makes no bones about it either.

The earlier poster who said in America isolated incidents of racism are magnified to make it look worse, but in India large incidents are minimized to make it look like it’s no big deal is exactly right.

It exists in personal relations as the whole indian marriage culture is based on “fair” or the silly “wheatish” complexion. Parents of a dark daughter are horrified and those of a fair or light skinned daughter are elated.

The “fair and lovely” cream nonsense. Yes, there is a huge industry to try and make yourself a Michael Jackson. Disgusting.

Media and Bollywood. Go to Delhi and Mumbai in the streets. Check the the complexions. Now go to a cinema and see the Bollywood heroes and heroines. On screen, India is a white Caucasian paradise. What a disconnect!

Put it another way: someone like Wesley Snipes, Oprah, Jamie Foxx or Kanye et al would NEVER come within ten miles of a tv or movie screen in India. Y’all know it’s true. Heck, Frieda Pinto is considered “too dark” for Bollywood for Christ’s sake. Meanwhile, she’s a huge star in the US.

Being dark in America is way easier than in India.
And finally, the biggest hypocrisy in the world is how these same racist North Indians come to America and suddenly get racial whiplash as THEY complain about racism in America and want to “Take it to the man!” Ridiculous preening hypocrisy.

Jeezus!

That looks like I wrote this comment.
I never thought I'd see you make a truthful statement such as this.

I'm impressed and ...just speechless.

BN747

Kiwirob

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:35 am

caliboy93 wrote:

Have you been to India? Unless you are upper middle class to wealthy you're not going to have anywhere near the same quality of life as even trailer park living Americans.

dik909

Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:37 am

caliboy93 wrote:

Also, where in India ?

Calcutta quality of life is quite different than, say, Bangalore.

vikkyvik

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:56 pm

BN747 wrote:
from the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitio ... ted_States"The U.S. Census Bureau has over the years changed its own classification of Indians. In 1930 and 1940, Indian Americans were classified as "Hindu" by "Race", and in 1950 and 1960, they were categorized as Other Race, and in 1970, they were deemed white. "

But the very next sentence states:

Since 1980, Indians and other South Asians have been classified according to self-reporting,[72] with many selecting "Asian Indian" to differentiate themselves from peoples of "American Indian" or Native American background.[

BN747

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:27 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
BN747 wrote:
from the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitio ... ted_States"The U.S. Census Bureau has over the years changed its own classification of Indians. In 1930 and 1940, Indian Americans were classified as "Hindu" by "Race", and in 1950 and 1960, they were categorized as Other Race, and in 1970, they were deemed white. "

Since 1980, Indians and other South Asians have been classified according to self-reporting,[72] with many selecting "Asian Indian" to differentiate themselves from peoples of "American Indian" or Native American background.[

Regardless, of what comes later, the die was cast..once given the white classification, who lets go of that? Who gives up 'white privilege'?

I'm sure many still hang on to that defining reference to this day as showcased in the likes of Dinesh D'Souza.

And certain India individuals I've known and met in England. Given what Texdravid stated above, tells you the 'white' classification was like Lotto win for people of the mentality of those explained by him.

Infact, please go out and try to convince any that you encounter that the latest classification is what they are... take boxing gloves when you do.

BN747

maint123

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:42 pm

Too many shootings and general crime in usa. Even without insurgencies in the US, the murder rate is double in the US as compared to India.
Also the rape rate is 15 times in US vs India.
You are safer in India than in the US.

BN747

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:47 pm

maint123 wrote:
Too many shootings and general crime in usa. Even without insurgencies in the US, the murder rate is double in the US as compared to India.

Tell that to village teen girls gang raped by village leaders...

BN747

maint123

Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:56 pm

BN747 wrote:
maint123 wrote:

Tell that to village teen girls gang raped by village leaders...

BN747

Will do.
Will Introduce them to the metoo movement from the advanced countries.

vikkyvik

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:07 pm

BN747 wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Regardless, of what comes later, the die was cast..once given the white classification, who lets go of that? Who gives up 'white privilege'?

I'm sure many still hang on to that defining reference to this day as showcased in the likes of Dinesh D'Souza.

And certain India individuals I've known and met in England. Given what Texdravid stated above, tells you the 'white' classification was like Lotto win for people of the mentality of those explained by him.

Infact, please go out and try to convince any that you encounter that the latest classification is what they are... take boxing gloves when you do.

BN747

Literally no Indians I know would call themselves white. We don't look white, we're not fooling anyone.

How does white privilege work if you don't look white?

BN747

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:15 pm

vikkyvik wrote:
BN747 wrote:
vikkyvik wrote:

BN747

Literally no Indians I know would call themselves white. We don't look white, we're not fooling anyone.

How does white privilege work if you don't look white?

Ask the Indians like Dinesh D'Souza, he'll give you a book load of answers on that.

Better still, speak with many Indians living here and see for yourself what their mindset is (the over 30 crowd).

I know you're looking for skirmish with me, and I erroneously welcomed seeing you back awhile, I regret that now as seeing this isn't the same person I remember from before, so forgive me not wishing to engage in any sincere discussion from here on, if you are of Indian decent it should be easy for you to secure an array of opinions if not...I can't help you. If you know nothing about what Texdravid has pointed out or Ghandi's problems with race..you really have no foundation of this angle of discussion to be chasing down opinions.

BN747

vikkyvik

Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:22 pm

BN747 wrote:
Better still, speak with many Indians living here and see for yourself what their mindset is (the over 30 crowd).

Most of the Indians I know are of the over-30 crowd. I'm one of them.

BN747 wrote:
I know you're looking for skirmish with me

You may not believe this, but I don't come here looking for a skirmish with anyone. I simply disagree with points I feel are worth disagreeing with. I don't engage in name-calling, I don't disrespect you....not sure what else you're looking for.

BN747 wrote:
and I erroneously welcomed seeing you back awhile, I regret that now as seeing this isn't the same person I remember from before

:confused: I never left...

NIKV69

Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:19 pm

BN747 wrote:
You misunderstand him, he's saying that 30% of India's pop. has access toilets, not the other way around.

Fareed and most of the world will chose 'you know who'...

BN747

I didn't misunderstand him. I know what he said and I know Fareed is here for a reason.
90 Day Fiancé has taught me that Russian woman are excellent.

BawliBooch

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:03 pm

texdravid wrote:

Indians are not racist. It is wrong to apply western standards to our 5000 year old Aryan civilization. Our Manusmriti is very clear in this regard - All people are equal, but some people are more equal than others.

*MSACRAS
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:14 pm

Sort of like Animal Farm then?

TryToFlySomeday

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:13 pm

Well I can’t say much as I’m not allowed to go to India, even on my U.S. passport (they will reject my visa due to my parents and grandparents’ links to Pakistan, even though I do have relatives on my father’s side in India).

But from what I’ve heard, India is safer than Pakistan for everyone: whites, blacks, browns, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists—all except Muslims and those from Pakistan. America is safer for everyone, including Muslims and those from Pakistan.

America barely wins, by that standard.
Pakistani American born and raised near CHI (ORD/MDW). Relatives are from both India and Pakistan

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 pm

In India, I was told it’s a first world country for 100 million people and a third world country for 1 billion others. Yes, some don’t like first, second and third world references, so? You want PC, replace with developed and developing countries.

GF

unrave

Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:23 am

The question is quite flawed: How do you even compare the quality of life in one of the richest countries in the world to life in one of the poorest large countries? In most cases life in the US is orders of magnitude better than life in India. If you still want to make a comparison there are a handful of areas where life in India is better

1. Ultra low cost of labour means you can afford to hire people to do all your chores even on a middle class salary
2. Ease of access and cost of healthcare - the public healthcare system is barely functional but the private system is good and - at least for now- affordable.
3. No mass shootings in schools (wink wink)
17April2019: RIP Jet Airways

BawliBooch

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:44 pm

1. High quality healthcare available for those who can afford it. In India, that excludes 90% of the population. Unless you are in the top 1% of the population, a major operation at a Private hospital can essentially drive you bankrupt. Govt hospitals in the Southern Half of the country tend to be better equipped and better run than in my part of the country.

2. In terms of sheer numbers, there are more people living in absolute poverty in India than any other part of the world. Over 50% of the population cannot afford 2 square meals a day - that is 600 million people! Well over half the school going children in India get by on a single meal every day. I have seen absolute poverty in the United States as well, but it is just not at the same scale.

3. States in the Southern half of the country are atleast 1.5 generations ahead of the states in the Northern half in terms of HDI parameters like IMR, Education and access to Healthcare.

4. US has major problems with Gun Violence. India has major problems with Law and Order. The vast area of the North we call the "Cow belt" is like the Wild west with local Godfathers running gangs in every village.

5. US has major problems with Racial Violence. So does India - especially in the past few years. India is safe for upper caste Hindu's - around 25% of the population. Minority Christians, Muslims, Sikh's and lower caste Hindu Dalits now face daily threats of public lynchings.

6. India has a strictly enforced caste system in the Northern half of the country. Lower castes cannot draw water from the same wells. Google for caste violence/lynchings in India. :(

The biggest difference I have seen as an immigrant in the West is that Human life has greater value here as compared to India. The rule of law and respect for institutions is higher in the West than it is in India.
Mr.Kapoor's favorite poodle!

maint123

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:32 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
1. High quality healthcare available for those who can afford it. In India, that excludes 90% of the population. Unless you are in the top 1% of the population, a major operation at a Private hospital can essentially drive you bankrupt. Govt hospitals in the Southern Half of the country tend to be better equipped and better run than in my part of the country.

2. In terms of sheer numbers, there are more people living in absolute poverty in India than any other part of the world. Over 50% of the population cannot afford 2 square meals a day - that is 600 million people! Well over half the school going children in India get by on a single meal every day. I have seen absolute poverty in the United States as well, but it is just not at the same scale.

3. States in the Southern half of the country are atleast 1.5 generations ahead of the states in the Northern half in terms of HDI parameters like IMR, Education and access to Healthcare.

4. US has major problems with Gun Violence. India has major problems with Law and Order. The vast area of the North we call the "Cow belt" is like the Wild west with local Godfathers running gangs in every village.

5. US has major problems with Racial Violence. So does India - especially in the past few years. India is safe for upper caste Hindu's - around 25% of the population. Minority Christians, Muslims, Sikh's and lower caste Hindu Dalits now face daily threats of public lynchings.

6. India has a strictly enforced caste system in the Northern half of the country. Lower castes cannot draw water from the same wells. Google for caste violence/lynchings in India. :(

The biggest difference I have seen as an immigrant in the West is that Human life has greater value here as compared to India. The rule of law and respect for institutions is higher in the West than it is in India.

Anecdotal not really accurate. Guess u are trying to be a uncle Patel.
1. Our maid had a heart issue and she basically got all the check ups done, including echos, etc within 2000 inr. All medicines she takes now is basically free. We have government clinics in our vicinity and for Rs 5 / you can see a doctor. I got a anti rabies injection for Rs 100/- , while pvt was charging Rs 350 per injection to Rs 2000. Facilities for the poor are more dirt cheap, lacking is knowledge about the availabile facilities.
2.pl give reference for your 50 % cannot have 2 meals.
3. Reference pl.
4. Partially true but a bit of exaggeration to cater to your audience.
5 Totally fake
6.true in the boonies.

BN747

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:11 pm

maint123 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

1. Our maid had a heart issue and she basically got all the check ups done, including echos, etc within 2000 inr. All medicines she takes now is basically free. We have government clinics in our vicinity and for Rs 5 / you can see a doctor. I got a anti rabies injection for Rs 100/- , while pvt was charging Rs 350 per injection to Rs 2000. Facilities for the poor are more dirt cheap, lacking is knowledge about the availabile facilities.
3. Reference pl.
5 Totally fake
6.true in the boonies.

You come across presenting and defending India in the same manner as the Fifis (the elitist classes of Latin America - defending the status quo and denying all malfeasance exacted upon the lesser classes.

Usually when I spot people running away, suppressing and outright denying the ugliness it is always sure fire indicator that the person espousing as much is not honest in their reprentation. We have the same elements in America, they deny the wrongdoings of the past (or refuse to discuss it) they also pretend the current unacceptable practices are happening at all and they've managed to convince themselves that there is something called 'Alternative Facts'...which there is no such thing.

It appears that BawliBooch's post and that of Texdravid are the most honest and raw truths of India that uncloak a truthful accounting of affairs in that nation.
Those who sugar-coat such issues of this nature exist in every country on earth...and are usually revealed as being disingenuous at the very least.

Great post, BawliBooch!

BN747

maint123

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 am

BN747 wrote:
maint123 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

3. Reference pl.
5 Totally fake
6.true in the boonies.

You come across presenting and defending India in the same manner as the Fifis (the elitist classes of Latin America - defending the status quo and denying all malfeasance exacted upon the lesser classes.

Usually when I spot people running away, suppressing and outright denying the ugliness it is always sure fire indicator that the person espousing as much is not honest in their reprentation. We have the same elements in America, they deny the wrongdoings of the past (or refuse to discuss it) they also pretend the current unacceptable practices are happening at all and they've managed to convince themselves that there is something called 'Alternative Facts'...which there is no such thing.

It appears that BawliBooch's post and that of Texdravid are the most honest and raw truths of India that uncloak a truthful accounting of affairs in that nation.
Those who sugar-coat such issues of this nature exist in every country on earth...and are usually revealed as being disingenuous at the very least.

Great post, BawliBooch!

BN747

You liked his post because it catered to all your prejudices.
Unless you are a Indian who stays in India, your post is of zero value.

BN747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:59 am

maint123 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
maint123 wrote:
3. Reference pl.
5 Totally fake
6.true in the boonies.

Great post, BawliBooch!

BN747

No I like their post because it is more in line with the words of Mahatma Gandhi and his views on race, ever looked into it?
..and a lot of Indians listened to those words and lived by them as well as teaching their kids the same.

You might learn some things that will make you rethink their words versus denying things you nothing of...like MOST mindless conservatives.

BN747

BN747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 am

maint123 wrote:

Just like your bogus insight...

Googled 'was Ghandi a racist, yet?

Surprised at how many articles came up?

And you think more Indians side with your vacuous opinion over what Ghandi delivered?

Yeah, his shlacking of Africans made everyone back home start looking at darker Indians in a different way than they ever had before.

So the posts by and BawliBooch align perfectly with Ghandi's perspective than yours.

BN747

maint123

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:31 pm

BN747 wrote:
maint123 wrote:

And you think more Indians side with your vacuous opinion over what Ghandi delivered?

Yeah, his shlacking of Africans made everyone back home start looking at darker Indians in a different way than they ever had before.

So the posts by and BawliBooch align perfectly with Ghandi's perspective than yours.

BN747

You are too much of a clown to be taken seriously.

BN747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:20 pm

maint123 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
maint123 wrote:

BN747

You are too much of a clown to be taken seriously.

It's okay, in the face of truth, the only tool left for a scoundrel is to go full ignorance as you just did....you've go nothing to stand on.

Nothing.

Wisdom will evade you forever at your current pace.

BN747

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:34 pm

India is a pretty big, both opinions are accurate considering a two paragraph post hardly describes a country of 1,25 billion people speaking a gazillion languages and religions, whose education rates widely. I’ve been there enough to agree—Incredible India

unrave

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:54 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Step 1 if you want to be taken seriously: Learn the correct spelling of Gandhi. It appears that you have no idea about him or India other than internet knowledge, perhaps from 4chan?

BN747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:14 pm

unrave wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Step 1 if you want to be taken seriously: Learn the correct spelling of Gandhi. It appears that you have no idea about him or India other than internet knowledge, perhaps from 4chan?

My error. Nice of you to point out that out...but grow up and get over such a minor error.

But it takes nothing from the fact that was highlighted.

And I'm sure I know far more about India than you do ...in the face of your 4chan advocacy/frequent dwellings.

BN747

unrave

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 pm

BN747 wrote:

And I'm sure I know far more about India than you do
BN747

I am pretty certain you don't. There is a real world outside of the internet.

BN747

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:28 pm

unrave wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Ok, ace..happy for you. And I have traveled and live in a lot of 'that real world'...have you?

BN747

unrave

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:47 pm

BN747 wrote:
unrave wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Ok, ace..happy for you. And I have traveled and live in a lot of 'that real world'...have you?

BN747

Translation:
"I have travelled a bit. I have read a lot about the world on the internet. That makes me an authority on India, more than actual Indians themselves."

sonicruiser

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:48 pm

maint123 wrote:

Well that’s not saying much since most Indians would rather die than ever criticize or admit India’s problems. I would give a lot more weight to an international opinion of India vs an Indian’s view.