wingman

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 pm

Puppies can be so cute but sometimes you just have to wonder..WTF?

MaverickM11

Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:30 pm

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

with the nonsenses Nunes is talking one has to wonder what the Russians have on him...

One got to believe, after the Republicans own Witnesses just yesterday completely debunked those conspiracy theories, he repeats them on TV.

It would appear that the GOP members only try to product soundbites for the folks that will never ever see anything from the testimonies that isn´t a Russian Cut on Fox and Friends.

best regards
Thomas

Honestly I can't keep track of what is left of the GOP defense. It's been changed so many times yet instantly shredded each time. I think they're going to land on the SNL phone company line "We don't care. We don't have to."

MSPNWA wrote:

I'd rather not teach our kids to break chains of command, covertly work against superiors, work against elected officials as a shadow government, act like they are in charge when they are not, unconstitutionally carry out executive power, commit perjury, and then to top it off be a smug jerk about it.

Keep your money in your pocket.

What happened to old white men? Seriously--there's got to be a medical explanation. Did they eat all the lead paint as kids?

stratclub wrote:
Well, although Colonel Vindman is a decorated veteran with honors, being an active participant in an illegal act of overthrowing a duly elected President in an illegal impeachment would make me be inclined to recommend Jordan/Giuliani as role models. So sad that Colonel Vindman's career has to end in dishonor to his country.

I'm hoping he realizes that he was duped and does the right thing and turns out the unscuplious people that duped him. That would restore my respect for his service and patriotism to our country and to him being a role model to future generations. People like Adam Shiff need to be charged and convicted of Sedition/Treason for their CRIMINAL acts against out country.

Pure unmitigated, unhinged insanity. Unreal.

True. It is so despicable that the left would deceive and lie to a decorated veteran in their attempt to destroy a President that works for "We the People". Hopefully Colonel Vindman can see the deception and make things right with his conscience. Colonel Vindman, as a patriot, I stand with you in righting the horrific disservice done to your name by people that only want to destroy our country through lies and deception for power and financial gain.

Someone picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:11 am

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

with the nonsenses Nunes is talking one has to wonder what the Russians have on him...

One got to believe, after the Republicans own Witnesses just yesterday completely debunked those conspiracy theories, he repeats them on TV.

It would appear that the GOP members only try to product soundbites for the folks that will never ever see anything from the testimonies that isn´t a Russian Cut on Fox and Friends.

best regards
Thomas

Honestly I can't keep track of what is left of the GOP defense. It's been changed so many times yet instantly shredded each time. I think they're going to land on the SNL phone company line "We don't care. We don't have to."

MSPNWA wrote:

I'd rather not teach our kids to break chains of command, covertly work against superiors, work against elected officials as a shadow government, act like they are in charge when they are not, unconstitutionally carry out executive power, commit perjury, and then to top it off be a smug jerk about it.

What happened to old white men? Seriously--there's got to be a medical explanation. Did they eat all the lead paint as kids?

stratclub wrote:
Well, although Colonel Vindman is a decorated veteran with honors, being an active participant in an illegal act of overthrowing a duly elected President in an illegal impeachment would make me be inclined to recommend Jordan/Giuliani as role models. So sad that Colonel Vindman's career has to end in dishonor to his country.

I'm hoping he realizes that he was duped and does the right thing and turns out the unscuplious people that duped him. That would restore my respect for his service and patriotism to our country and to him being a role model to future generations. People like Adam Shiff need to be charged and convicted of Sedition/Treason for their CRIMINAL acts against out country.

True. It is so despicable that the left would deceive and lie to a decorated veteran in their attempt to destroy a President that works for "We the People". Hopefully Colonel Vindman can see the deception and make things right with his conscience. Colonel Vindman, as a patriot, I stand with you in righting the horrific disservice done to your name by people that only want to destroy our country through lies and deception for power and financial gain.

So, by telling the committee under oath, what he heard and saw first hand, he lied and deceived and committed a horrific disservice? Under oath? Who's testimony is backed up by the others so far? Really? That's the story you are going with?

BTW, the Armed Forces are offering protection to those officers who testify. Guess who from? SPOILER: Team MAGA!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aaron747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:32 am

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

MSPNWA wrote:

stratclub wrote:

Citations and evidence? Or else it’s just your fantasy.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

stratclub

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:12 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

So why did you stop sniffing glue? Glue isn't that expensive. Your withdrawal systems must be horrendous.

Unbelievable. The Democrat's latest railroad attempt of lies and BS projection is blowing up in their faces and you guys can't see it? I mean holly crap!!! Adam Shiff has to hold hearings in secret and control testimony so that the truth won't come out. I wouldn't have you working for my airlines or any other job that is responsible for the safety of the public and requires their employees to be of sound mind...............

Aaron747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:47 am

stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

So why did you stop sniffing glue? Glue isn't that expensive. Your withdrawal systems must be horrendous.

Unbelievable. The Democrat's latest railroad attempt of lies and BS projection is blowing up in their faces and you guys can't see it? I mean holly crap!!! Adam Shiff has to hold hearings in secret and control testimony so that the truth won't come out. I wouldn't have you working for my airlines or any other job that is responsible for the safety of the public and requires their employees to be of sound mind...............

Zero sources or citations offered...gotcha. Carry on with your nonsense. Everything is falsehood from
here on out.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:50 am

Aaron747 wrote:
stratclub wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Zero sources or citations offered...gotcha. Carry on with your nonsense. Everything is falsehood from
here on out.

His airline consists of toy planes confiscated from Happy meals while he works the fry line.
Where ever you go, there you are.

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:54 am

Trump is relying on his payola tribunal of dishonor from the right wing lying nuthouse to bail him out.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 1158988800?

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:59 am

stratclub wrote:

So, those Republicans we saw on live TV all this week and all last week on the committee asking questions and making statements and the Republicans who were allowed to question witnesses during closed door testimony in the lead up to this did not happen. That is what you are saying. That Adam Schiff sitting there letting Devin Nunez make statements and question witnesses did not happen. On live TV. That is what you are saying.

Prove me wrong. Prove that what we all saw did not happen.

stratclub

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:15 am

seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

So, those Republicans we saw on live TV all this week and all last week on the committee asking questions and making statements and the Republicans who were allowed to question witnesses during closed door testimony in the lead up to this did not happen. That is what you are saying. That Adam Schiff sitting there letting Devin Nunez make statements and question witnesses did not happen. On live TV. That is what you are saying.

Prove you wrong about what? We did see some "stuff". We did not see the fake whistle blower testifying which should have happened on the first day. We did not see proof of any wrong doing. We did not see the President's attorney cross examining witnesses.

We did see Adam Shiff limiting what questions a witness could answer. We did see Adam Shiff limiting what questions could be asked and answered. We did see Adam Shiff coaching witnesses as they answered questions. We did see Adam Shiff not allow Republicans to call their own witnesses. We did see that testimony transcripts were withheld from the public.

If the process was constitutional and fair, this kangaroo court would have been shut down the first day and Adam Shiff would be under arrest for Sedition/Treason. I guess projecting bold faced lies and crapping on the Constitution to destroy a President is more important than the will of the people that elected the President. I think the Democratic party is going to be a thing of the past after 2020 when "We the People" have a final say. For every lie a Democrat says, one more person walks away from the Democratic party.
Last edited by stratclub on Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:26 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

Prove you wrong about what?

You keep insisting over and over again that Republicans are not allowed to question anyone and that Republicans are shut out of the process. Then, you go off on an irrelevant tangent about media outlets that do not support your opinions. Back up your statement that Republicans are shut out. Don't go off the MAGA talking points. Go off of what you have seen on your own.

EDIT:

Democrats invited the occupant to testify under oath any time he wants.

https://apnews.com/69ba97b946c14b4f9d4d83577a05d22a
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/d ... nt-inquiry

We are in the discovery process of the impeachment process. Still. Gathering evidence to determine if charges should be filed. Those charges are called "articles of impeachment" and, once passed out of committee and out of the full House, the actual trial that you seem to think we are in will be held in the Senate.

I am sorry this is not Judge Judy fast enough. This is what real Constitutional legal proceedings look like.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:46 am

stratclub wrote:
seb146 wrote:
stratclub wrote:

Prove you wrong about what? We did see some "stuff". We did not see the fake whistle blower testifying which should have happened on the first day. We did not see proof of any wrong doing. We did not see the President's attorney cross examining witnesses.

We did see Adam Shiff limiting what questions a witness could answer. We did see Adam Shiff limiting what questions could be asked and answered. We did see Adam Shiff coaching witnesses as they answered questions. We did see Adam Shiff not allow Republicans to call their own witnesses. We did see that testimony transcripts were withheld from the public.

If the process was constitutional and fair, this kangaroo court would have been shut down the first day and Adam Shiff would be under arrest for Sedition/Treason. I guess projecting bold faced lies and crapping on the Constitution to destroy a President is more important than the will of the people that elected the President. I think the Democratic party is going to be a thing of the past after 2020 when "We the People" have a final say. For every lie a Democrat says, one more person walks away from the Democratic party.

Still nothing cited and now you pretend the Nov 2018 election where the House was retaken by Dems and Independents seeking more executive oversight never happened. Well, it did.

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 am

Amash basically called out what I think we are all thinking when it comes to the current right wing talking points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4714 ... t-hearings

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) on Wednesday ripped his former GOP colleagues, telling an elevator full of reporters and Republican lawmakers that allies of President Trump are acting as if Americans are "stupid."

BN747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:01 am

A president scribbling with a Sharpie (again) of notes to say 'I want nothing! I want nothing!'...

I know you guys all saw this..f*n unbelievable!

A grown man, and old grown man conducting himself like preschooler!
Anyone personally endorsing that behavior to lead the nation...something is seriously wrong with you.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

MaverickM11

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 am

casinterest wrote:
Amash basically called out what I think we are all thinking when it comes to the current right wing talking points.

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.) on Wednesday ripped his former GOP colleagues, telling an elevator full of reporters and Republican lawmakers that allies of President Trump are acting as if Americans are "stupid."

Well...he's not wrong. It's a core value for Trump supporters. Stratclub's meltdown is exhibit A.
E pur si muove -Galileo

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:31 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Well...he's not wrong. It's a core value for Trump supporters. Stratclub's meltdown is exhibit A.

Today's right wing talking points makes me feel like there was a deep concerted push to end the impeachment, and somehow they all did not get the memo that Sondland had just made their push mute, yet they didn't know how to deprogram themselves. like a heard of sheep heading for a cliff.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:20 am

stratclub wrote:
the fake whistle blower testifying which should have happened on the first day.

Help us out to help you out. What part of protecting whistleblowers is so hard to understand? What do you expect to hear, after all the WH call summary, that Trump and Republicans incorrectly refer to as transcript as if it was one, had confirmed everything the whistleblower said.
And he only complained about things that other people told him/he read about what went down. So, everything is hearsay, and inadmissible somehow, but we need to hear from the guy that can only tell us about more hearsay.... do you think about your arguments before committing them?

We did not see proof of any wrong doing.

Only on a planet where bribery, extortion, witness tempering and obstructing congress are no crimes.

We did not see the President's attorney cross examining witnesses.

Go back to civics class, apparently you don't understand the US justice system. In an impeachment the house is the grand jury. The accused usually doesn't even know he is accused at that point, there are no lawyers and hearsay is ok too.
I guess the Russian cut of the hearings you are watching didn't include that President Trump was invited to sit in the witness chair, and that he is the one refusing to let anyone testify.... gosh geez, one could think there are no witnesses that would.have to say anything good for him...

So? In a grand jury the Republicans wouldn't even be allowed to be there, Prosecutor Schiff would be the only one asking questions and no documents would be released. Trump obviously gets a much fairer trial then you or every other American would get.
Republicans had there two witnesses just yesterday, you may have missed that they where Republican witnesses since they basically said "yup, that is what happend"

If the process was constitutional and fair, this kangaroo court would have been shut down the first day and Adam Shiff would be under arrest for Sedition/Treason.

That sentence doesn't even make any sense. You notice that the White House, or anyone else, didn't file a motion with the supreme court to declare the proceedings in general, nor the process in its specifics unconstitutional, right? They understand that they would get a 9:0 ruling in favour of impeachment, and probably an involuntary stay in a psych ward for asking that crazy question on top of it.

One gets the feeling that your only goal is to derail the thread and have it closed. Sort of your rapunzel way of obstructing justice.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

aviationaware

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:40 am

Republicans are clearly winning on the facts, anyone who follows the hearings can't come to a different conclusion. Unfortunately many people don't follow the hearings and only read media accounts of them, which are (unsurprisingly) so far off the truth many times that you can only come to the conclusion that the media is colluding with the Democrats to usurp a duly elected President. The way CNN reported (and of course many smaller outlets just copy paste what CNN does) Sondland's testimony was just eregiously off the books. Adam Schiffstain even took a recess from the witness interrogation in order to feed the media his made up talking points. They took them unquestioned of course, even though the testimony was broadcast live and everyone could see that Schiff was lying.

Everything that the Dems and their media henchmen have claimed to be "highly incriminating" was either hearsay testimony you need a degree to encrypt like:
"Ambassador Taylor is telling congress that Tim Morrison told him that Ambassador Sondland told Morrison that the President told Sondland..."
Now of course we have learned today from Sondland's own testimony that the President never told Sondland anything relating to a quid pro quo. Sondland just ASSUMED that there was a link. That's the standard this charade has come to. How anyone can take this seriously is beyond me.

The facts remain:
- Aid was released eventually without Ukraine taking any steps
- Ukraine did not know aid was withheld until Politico ran an article about it
- No witness can testify that they were told that aid was withheld until preconditions were met by the President or anyone even remotely close to ihm, including The Mayor, Pompeo or Mulvaney

The good news is that the people are seeing this soviet inquisition for what it is. Trump's approval has risen over the past 2 weeks and his poll numbers in key states like Wisconsin have also improved so that he is now soundly beating all 2020 Democrats by a good margin.

BN747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 am

aviationaware wrote:

The facts remain:
- No witness can testify that they were told that aid was withheld until preconditions were met by the President or anyone even remotely close to ihm, including The Mayor, Pompeo or Mulvaney

The good news is that the people are seeing this soviet inquisition for what it is. Trump's approval has risen over the past 2 weeks and his poll numbers in key states like Wisconsin have also improved so that he is now soundly beating all 2020 Democrats by a good margin.

1. Eventually the robber returned stolen loot...but gues what? He still goes to jail.
2. What's that got do with anything? We found out (thanks Mr. Whistleblower) and now we are doing something so that it never happens in extortion fashion again.
3. It's still going on...but it could end tonight, enough evidence has been gathered.

Like Sondland said 'trump doesn't give a shit about Ukraine'...many of us already knew that (he couldn't find Ukraine on a map with each named properly) because we know he's a pathological liar.

Did Pravda say his visit helped Bevin win in Kentucky too?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Aaron747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 am

aviationaware wrote:
Republicans are clearly winning on the facts, anyone who follows the hearings can't come to a different conclusion. Unfortunately many people don't follow the hearings and only read media accounts of them, which are (unsurprisingly) so far off the truth many times that you can only come to the conclusion that the media is colluding with the Democrats to usurp a duly elected President. The way CNN reported (and of course many smaller outlets just copy paste what CNN does) Sondland's testimony was just eregiously off the books. Adam Schiffstain even took a recess from the witness interrogation in order to feed the media his made up talking points. They took them unquestioned of course, even though the testimony was broadcast live and everyone could see that Schiff was lying.

Everything that the Dems and their media henchmen have claimed to be "highly incriminating" was either hearsay testimony you need a degree to encrypt like:
"Ambassador Taylor is telling congress that Tim Morrison told him that Ambassador Sondland told Morrison that the President told Sondland..."
Now of course we have learned today from Sondland's own testimony that the President never told Sondland anything relating to a quid pro quo. Sondland just ASSUMED that there was a link. That's the standard this charade has come to. How anyone can take this seriously is beyond me.

The facts remain:

Your comments have no merit based on schoolyard nonsense like ‘Schiffstain’ and willful intellectual subterfuge like ‘Soviet inquisition’. Oversight is a standard Congressional function regardless of bipartisanship or chamber makeup. You’ll note the Constitution designates ‘ALL legislative powers’ to Congress, and independent voters opined last November they wanted more oversight of this WH than the House GOP was providing.

Tugger

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:26 am

The denial is strong with some in this thread.

It is not just a river in Egypt.

I SWEAR there was a river here just a moment ago!

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

tommy1808

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 am

[twoid][/twoid]
Aaron747 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

The facts remain:

Your comments have no merit based on schoolyard nonsense like ‘Schiffstain’ and willful intellectual subterfuge like ‘Soviet inquisition’. Oversight is a standard Congressional function regardless of bipartisanship or chamber makeup. You’ll note the Constitution designates ‘ALL legislative powers’ to Congress, and independent voters opined last November they wanted more oversight of this WH than the House GOP was providing.

It is pretty obvious that Mr. "those that don´t follow the testimonies" doesn´t follow the testimony ... its not like GOP WItness Morrison just testified yesterday that aid was withheld under preconditions, and it is flat out hilarious that a Trump supporter would refer to an Politico bit from before testimony as "evidence". And Sonderland just testified that he got his orders from Trump.....

Tugger wrote:
The denial is strong with some in this thread.

Have you seen Nunes face when they went into recess? Even he seems to realize Trump is screwed.....

The GOP can basically either decide Trump is guilty, or say that he is crazy, demented and completely unable to lead to even his own small staff effectively.

best regards
Thomas

bgm

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:20 am

aviationaware wrote:

The facts remain:

Utterly delusional. I've been watching the hearings and the GOP are a complete embarrassment. The people testifying are highly respected career diplomats and war veterans. Most Americans would certainly trust these professionals over the lying orange turd.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/impeachment-polls/
OK boomer.

aviationaware

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:23 am

bgm wrote:
The people testifying are highly respected career diplomats and war veterans. /

Highly respected career diplomats, that's an oxymoron at this stage. A state department official who says "What the President did was against US policy" deserves to be fired, either because he thinks he sets the policy or because he is woefully ignorant of the constitutional order in this country.

The President sets the policy. Nothing he does can possibly be against US policy, by definition.

seahawk

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:24 am

But the deep state, Benghazi, Emails and so on...

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:50 am

aviationaware wrote:
bgm wrote:
The people testifying are highly respected career diplomats and war veterans. /

Highly respected career diplomats, that's an oxymoron at this stage. A state department official who says "What the President did was against US policy" deserves to be fired, either because he thinks he sets the policy or because he is woefully ignorant of the constitutional order in this country.

The President sets the policy. Nothing he does can possibly be against US policy, by definition.

Ukraine wanted to be a part of NATO and Ukraine wanted aid to stop the Russian invasion. They turned to us. Ukraine thought they were working with an ally. That was US policy. To help Ukraine. As such, the talking points to Zelensky on the quid pro quo phone call was about policy. NOT about Biden. NOT about Ukraine investigating the Bidens. That was off script, according to Tuesday's testimony under oath. Investigating a private citizen working for an energy company was NOT part of US policy.

Unless you can provide proof to the contrary.

And, yes, Ukraine DID know their aid was held up the day of the "perfect" phone call

https://theweek.com/speedreads/879825/i ... ensky-call

Aid continued to be held until September. Aid that had been approved by not only Congress but had been approved because conditions had been met by American intelligence. Aid was held on the condition that Zelensky make the statement he was investigating Burisma. That is the only reason aid was held. Not any official US policy.

Unless you can provide proof investigating Burisma and Biden is official US policy for withholding aid.

Eyad89

Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:44 am

aviationaware wrote:

The facts remain:

Sondland has emails that Ukraine president would only get a WH meeting if he announces an investigation into the Bidens.

That means Trump wouldn’t do his duty unless it benefits him as a person, not as a POTUS.

I will let that sink in for a while.

That’s a textbook definition of bribery.

And yeah, I haven’t got to the hold of financial aid yet.

Aaron747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:02 am

Eyad89 wrote:
aviationaware wrote:

The facts remain:

Sondland has emails that Ukraine president would only get a WH meeting if he announces an investigation into the Bidens.

That means Trump wouldn’t do his duty unless it benefits him as a person, not as a POTUS.

I will let that sink in for a while.

That’s a textbook definition of bribery.

And yeah, I haven’t got to the hold of financial aid yet.

Maybe records from State and WH would clear that up? Alas, nothing being released...

SanDiegoLover

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:19 pm

I find it hilarious that at Fox News, Breitbart, and other right wing outlets all of their lead stories are about the Democratic debates and anything other than yesterday’s awful day for Republicans. LOL

They’re hoping if they ignore it, it will go away. I found this clip of Trevor Noah pretty funny about Republicans hypocrisy regarding Benghazi vs Ukraine. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hLk4MqsB2uk

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:43 pm

Important Timeline for those that forget that the Aid to Ukraine was only released after the Senate started asking questions, and only AFTER the whistleblower report became known.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/the-w ... -timeline/

Sept. 3 — A bipartisan group of senators sends a letter to Mulvaney, urging him to release the appropriated aid to Ukraine. “This funding is crucial to the long term stability of Ukraine,” reads the letter from Democratic Sens. Durbin, Jeanne Shaheen and Richard Blumenthal, and Republican Sens. Rob Portman and Ron Johnson.

Sept. 7 — National Security Council aide Tim Morrison tells Taylor about a phone call earlier that day between Sondland and Trump. “According to Mr. Morrison, President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a ‘quid pro quo.’ But President Trump did insist that President Zelenskyy go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 election interference, and that President Zelenskyy should want to do this himself,” Taylor would later tell Congress.

Sept. 9 — Atkinson, the inspector general of the intelligence community, notifies the House intelligence committee that he received a whistleblower’s complaint relating to an “urgent concern” on Aug. 12. He says he found the information credible, and sent “my determination of a credible urgent concern” along with a copy of the complaint to Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire, who had seven days to forward the complaint to Congress. But, contrary to “past practice,” Maguire did not forward the complaint to Congress, believing “the allegations do not meet the definition of an ‘urgent concern’ under the [whistleblower] statute,” Atkinson writes. The inspector general says he will keep the committee apprised of his attempts to resolve the issue.

Sept. 11 — The administration releases $391 million in security aid to Ukraine, including $250 million Congress had appropriated for the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative for fiscal year 2019 and $141.5 million in security assistance through the State Department.

SanDiegoLover

Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:51 pm

casinterest wrote:
Important Timeline for those that forget that the Aid to Ukraine was only released after the Senate started asking questions, and only AFTER the whistleblower report became known.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/the-w ... -timeline/

Sept. 3 — A bipartisan group of senators sends a letter to Mulvaney, urging him to release the appropriated aid to Ukraine. “This funding is crucial to the long term stability of Ukraine,” reads the letter from Democratic Sens. Durbin, Jeanne Shaheen and Richard Blumenthal, and Republican Sens. Rob Portman and Ron Johnson.

Sept. 7 — National Security Council aide Tim Morrison tells Taylor about a phone call earlier that day between Sondland and Trump. “According to Mr. Morrison, President Trump told Ambassador Sondland that he was not asking for a ‘quid pro quo.’ But President Trump did insist that President Zelenskyy go to a microphone and say he is opening investigations of Biden and 2016 election interference, and that President Zelenskyy should want to do this himself,” Taylor would later tell Congress.

Sept. 9 — Atkinson, the inspector general of the intelligence community, notifies the House intelligence committee that he received a whistleblower’s complaint relating to an “urgent concern” on Aug. 12. He says he found the information credible, and sent “my determination of a credible urgent concern” along with a copy of the complaint to Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire, who had seven days to forward the complaint to Congress. But, contrary to “past practice,” Maguire did not forward the complaint to Congress, believing “the allegations do not meet the definition of an ‘urgent concern’ under the [whistleblower] statute,” Atkinson writes. The inspector general says he will keep the committee apprised of his attempts to resolve the issue.

Sept. 11 — The administration releases $391 million in security aid to Ukraine, including $250 million Congress had appropriated for the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative for fiscal year 2019 and $141.5 million in security assistance through the State Department.

It’s important to note that Sondland testified yesterday that he kept Senator Ron Johnson in the loop of what was going on.

The White House got a heads up before September 9th, that someone had filed a whistleblower complaint. The WH then set about to cover their tracks. This nonsense that aid was released before Ukraine noticed or that “attempted bribery” isn’t in the Constitution that Fox News stated, is ridiculous. https://www.newsweek.com/laura-ingraham ... se-1471948

Fox wanted heads on a platter for Benghazi and emails.....but now think they can fool their viewers into “attempted bribery” is A-Ok.

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Republicans for the Rule of Law are going trolling on Fox News this week.

Yes there was a quid pro quo.
https://youtu.be/4tDlGHsqI0Y

Tugger

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:21 pm

There are Republican's and then there are MAGA's. It is easy to tell who is who in this thread.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

BravoOne

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:22 pm

casinterest wrote:
Today was extremely embarrassing for the GOP as their line of questioning sought to undercut a career military veteran with a purple heart.

Hopefully this guys career is toast. Actually I think he is the whistle blower. FWIW a Purple Heart does not define the man, as it only means he was wounded in combat. He shoulda ducked:) General David Petraeus (sp) certainly did not receive any benefits from The Dems for his years of service.

wingman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:40 pm

BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Today was extremely embarrassing for the GOP as their line of questioning sought to undercut a career military veteran with a purple heart.

Hopefully this guys career is toast. Actually I think he is the whistle blower. FWIW a Purple Heart does not define the man, as it only means he was wounded in combat. He shoulda ducked:) General David Petraeus (sp) certainly did not receive any benefits from The Dems for his years of service.

But wouldn't it define him as more of a man than one who faked bone spurs to get out of compulsory service to his nation? Your notion of manhood is fascinating.

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:46 pm

wingman wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:

But wouldn't it define him as more of a man than one who faked bone spurs to get out of compulsory service to his nation? Your notion of manhood is fascinating.

Plus he reported in good faith to the person that collected the reports and saw them as verifiable enough to proceed. I trust a man with concern for his country over a man that is worried about his political rival while doling out aid to a foreign country.

BN747

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Boy, I hope Gym Jordan and Nunes do go to their tried and true scalding and screeching tantrums on this Fiona Hill, that woman will eat them alive and make them a bigger pair of 'televised fools' in a second.

If the come with that act, that's like them walking into a buzzsaw in a dark room.
1. The natural sounds of the English accent automatically will flatten the silliness expected from those two.
2. She backs that with some solid academic credentials...aka, she's smarter than both them combined.
3. I advice them to dial back the silliness to like 1st gear and hope for the best..or just leave.

But old habits are hard to break.

BN747

BravoOne

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

casinterest wrote:
wingman wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

Plus he reported in good faith to the person that collected the reports and saw them as verifiable enough to proceed. I trust a man with concern for his country over a man that is worried about his political rival while doling out aid to a foreign country.

I said nothing about the draft dodger currently in the WH. As a matter of fact I think hr deserves to be impeached and removed from office. Now does that make you feel better? BTW, can you enlighten up on your military service record.

wingman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:03 pm

BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:
wingman wrote:

I said nothing about the draft dodger currently in the WH. As a matter of fact I think hr deserves to be impeached and removed from office. Now does that make you feel better? BTW, can you enlighten up on your military service record.

I do feel better because the entire topic is about Donald Trump, not you or me or Vindman's military record. Why people like you revel in questioning someone's manhood, someone with an absolutely impeccable record, proven and in the public domain, is fascinating. It doesn't bring into question your own manhood, but it certainly does your intelligence.

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm

BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I don't recall Democats attacking Petraeus' service. Only what he was doing at the moment.

Let's take a look at how Republicans are treating military officers now. All the name calling and vitriol. Ah, but remember, Republicans love and respect the military! We have to believe it because they say it over and over again!

wingman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Fiona Hill is presently grinding the GOP under her very own Republican stiletto heel. And with such a lovely accent too, so posh!

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:19 pm

Today's impeachment hearing update for the folks that will get the lies propogated by right wing media. Please note that Trump was tweeting about Holmes as he was testifying. Why would Trump care?

http://www.startribune.com/official-who ... 565264132/

"As Holmes was delivering opening remarks, explaining how the ambassador “winced,” holding the cellphone away from his ear because the president was talking so loudly, Trump tried to undercut the career diplomat’s account of overhearing the conversation.

The president tweeted that while his own hearing is “great” he’s never been able to understand another person’s conversation that wasn’t on speaker. “Try it,” he suggested.

Holmes also testified about his growing concern as Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, orchestrated Ukraine policy outside official diplomatic channels. It was a concern shared by others, he testified.
"

wingman

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm

Why would Donald Trump and John Bolton appoint a Red Coat traitor to serve in the United States government? This insinuation is, quite incredibly, even more asinine than the one claiming Lt. Col. Vindman is less of a man than President Bone Spurs for receiving a Purple Heart.

Where exactly do you come up with this idiocy?

SanDiegoLover

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:11 pm

BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:

He is most certainly not the whistleblower. Now that you’re wrong about that, do you have the integrity to honestly reflect on your opinions?

Vindman followed protocol of if you see something, say something, almost perfectly to a tee. He is not the whistleblower. He did what Jon Bolton told him to do; go to the lawyers, which he did. How often do you and others criticize when a police officer hides behind the Blue Wall of Silence or another government worker that just claims they were doing their job. Vindman didn’t go to the press. He didn’t pull a Snowden and go to Wikileaks. Sincerely, what would you have done if you were in Vindman’s position? Protect Trump and perjure yourself? What was he supposed to do in your book?

atcsundevil

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:18 pm

Keep the thread on topic. If you're resorting to personal attacks to make your argument, then I suggest you refrain from posting.

✈️ atcsundevil

SanDiegoLover

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:24 pm

wingman wrote:
Why would Donald Trump and John Bolton appoint a Red Coat traitor to serve in the United States government? This insinuation is, quite incredibly, even more asinine than the one claiming Lt. Col. Vindman is less of a man than President Bone Spurs for receiving a Purple Heart.

Where exactly do you come up with this idiocy?

If they cannot defend the facts, they attack the messenger. Dr. Fiona Hill, an American citizen since right after 9/11, was born in England from parents who were a coal miner and a nurse. She went to St. Andrews, and went on to get her masters and PhD from Harvard. Obviously, she must be “deep state” then. :roll:

casinterest

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:32 pm

BravoOne wrote:
casinterest wrote:
wingman wrote:

Why does my military service or lack of matter to you? I was raised in a military family, and I know many people in the military. I knew good people that rose high in the ranks. I knew bad ones too. I know people that were injured or killed in service. I know service members that died on their way to work. I know people that through no fault of their own came home from service to see their families and loved ones abandon them. I know people that struggled with addiction, and abused substances and their families . I also know of families that showed unbelievable resolve and care for those that were suffering during deployments. My choice was to stay out of the military for many of the reasons above.
Last edited by casinterest on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kaitak

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:36 pm

BN747 wrote:
A president scribbling with a Sharpie (again) of notes to say 'I want nothing! I want nothing!'...

Anyone personally endorsing that behavior to lead the nation...something is seriously wrong with you.

BN747

It's worse than that; it's an insult to the intelligence. What he is asking us to believe is that he sent some of his heavy hitters - Giuliani, Sondland etc - 5,000 miles to tell the President of a foreign country that he wants nothing from him and that he'll do the right thing. I mean, it's as unconvincing as you possibly get. If that was the case, wouldn't an email have done the job? "Hi President Z, good luck in your new job; I want nothing from you, but just hope you'll do the right thing".

It's insulting to think anyone would believe that.

tommy1808

Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:50 pm

kaitak wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

It's worse than that; it's an insult to the intelligence. What he is asking us to believe is that he sent some of his heavy hitters - Giuliani, Sondland etc - 5,000 miles to tell the President of a foreign country that he wants nothing from him and that he'll do the right thing. I mean, it's as unconvincing as you possibly get. If that was the case, wouldn't an email have done the job? "Hi President Z, good luck in your new job; I want nothing from you, but just hope you'll do the right thing".

It's insulting to think anyone would believe that.

While at the same time have zero interest for anti corruption policies his own state department wanted to discuss for Ukraine, or any other county for that matter.

Almost cute how he went to place a call to say "I want nothing, i want nothing" right after he learned Congress would get the whistle blower complaint about his bribery .....

"Dude, on the night of those horrible murders, i was so at home watching TV ....just if the cops stop by and ask".

Best regards
Thomas

seb146

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:35 pm

Is anyone else tired of Republicans going off the rails and bringing up Obama and Hillary and Steele and saying Republicans are not a part of these hearings and all these debunked conspiracy theories instead of questioning witnesses on the actual subject? Dr. Hill is not being asked a question by Jordan. He spend hid whole five minutes just going on about subjects that have been addressed already.