AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:09 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You failed to answer - try again.

And your information is wrong:

https://morningconsult.com/2020/01/08/m ... for-trial/


Try polls on the states that matter,

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachment ... 28c49.html

Impeaching Trump is unpopular in key election states


By the numbers: In a dozen October and November polls on impeachment in battleground states like Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina and Wisconsin, an average of 44% of those surveyed supported impeachment, with 51% opposed, according to the Post.


You failed to answer again. And with a 3% margin of error, 51% opposed is hardly a significant majority. Try again.


You say you are an independent, but if a poll does not go your way you find ways to disqualify it. Fine.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10618
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Try polls on the states that matter,

https://www.axios.com/trump-impeachment ... 28c49.html





You failed to answer again. And with a 3% margin of error, 51% opposed is hardly a significant majority. Try again.


You say you are an independent, but if a poll does not go your way you find ways to disqualify it. Fine.


It's not that it didn't go my way - it just isn't what you think it is. What does that have to do with my voting category since 2002? Nothing.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11895
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:26 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Of course it is, you folks been at this since the moment he was elected. First with the Russian collusion hoax, then Stormy and now with Ukraine.

But what makes this most aggravating is we are less than a year from an election, and you wish to cancel him out even before voters have a chance to make their decisions themselves, telling us how stupid we are to elect this guy. Good luck with that.


Collusion was not a hoax - the words in the report are ‘did not establish’ - that does not mean innocence, it means loose ends in the investigation were not tied due to incomplete investigation or lies from witnesses. There are excellent legal analyses of this online, but why bother linking them when you won’t read them? And your Ukraine denial is already destroyed with the stuff Lev Parnas just brought out - he was Rudy’s bagman and there’s going to be much more out in the next 36-48 hours.

‘You guys’ makes no sense - yes 80% of Dems don’t like 45, but I’m an Independent, and the figure is close to 55% for those in my category. Maybe electing someone with better ethics would have yielded a different result in support, hey who knows? The GOP disapproval numbers will climb too as more of the Parnas revelations come out. The dude might be shady, but ‘documents don’t have a reputation’, as they say.

There’s nothing aggravating about any of this to people who are not failed patriots and want the Constitution’s articles carried out. It’s only aggravating to those triggered by what a screw-up their hero is turning out to be.


Instead of focusing on prescription drug costs, immigration, the economy, this continuous talk of impeachment is drowning out all of the more important subjects which Democrats always ran on and won.


With Mitch essentially not doing anything for his pay, why bother....

AirWorthy99 wrote:
2 years of Mueller wasn't sufficient?


It was enough to show Trump should be on trial for 10 felony charges. The grand obstruction party just doesn't care.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:34 pm

tommy1808 wrote:

It was enough to show Trump should be on trial for 10 felony charges. The grand obstruction party just doesn't care.

Best regards
Thomas


So how does this help Joe in Wisconsin pay his bills at the end of the month?

or Jane the single mother in Ohio pay for prescription meds for her son?

You see, these are the things that were the talking points on which Dems won, instead they focused 3+ years of taking Trump out, and going to be acquitted anyways. What a waste!
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10618
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:36 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Collusion was not a hoax - the words in the report are ‘did not establish’ - that does not mean innocence, it means loose ends in the investigation were not tied due to incomplete investigation or lies from witnesses. There are excellent legal analyses of this online, but why bother linking them when you won’t read them? And your Ukraine denial is already destroyed with the stuff Lev Parnas just brought out - he was Rudy’s bagman and there’s going to be much more out in the next 36-48 hours.

‘You guys’ makes no sense - yes 80% of Dems don’t like 45, but I’m an Independent, and the figure is close to 55% for those in my category. Maybe electing someone with better ethics would have yielded a different result in support, hey who knows? The GOP disapproval numbers will climb too as more of the Parnas revelations come out. The dude might be shady, but ‘documents don’t have a reputation’, as they say.

There’s nothing aggravating about any of this to people who are not failed patriots and want the Constitution’s articles carried out. It’s only aggravating to those triggered by what a screw-up their hero is turning out to be.


Instead of focusing on prescription drug costs, immigration, the economy, this continuous talk of impeachment is drowning out all of the more important subjects which Democrats always ran on and won.


With Mitch essentially not doing anything for his pay, why bother....

AirWorthy99 wrote:
2 years of Mueller wasn't sufficient?


It was enough to show Trump should be on trial for 10 felony charges. The grand obstruction party just doesn't care.

Best regards
Thomas


Actually Thomas, we'll need a new moniker with all of these Lev Parnas documents. The GOP White House - Greaseball OPs.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9971
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:09 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Looks like the articles will be sent Tomorrow Jan 15, long with the House Impeachment managers.

The White house is currently concerned as it appears the trial will call witnesses. This will work against Trump's ability to Spin away the impeachment trial.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/impeachmen ... ate-trial/


Not to worry! Rand Paul plans to call Hunter Biden!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478 ... mpeachment

Because, you know, Hunter Biden is on trial. Never mind Republicans could have held hearings for four years about Hunter and Joe Biden if they were really that concerned about Burisma and corruption and all that......


The left is 'hoping' and 'expecting' a smoking gun will come out of the witnesses they like. They expect them to 'stick' it to Trump. This can very well backfire and be Mueller hearing part 2. I know the evidence is weak and they need more, but to have these high expectations would ultimately lead to major disappointments. I don't think much of anything new will come out of those 'wish-list' witnesses the Democrats have.

About Hunter, well, I guess its only fair if you get the witnesses you like, and the Republicans call the witnesses they also like, something that was never afforded in the House.


The evidence is not weak. In fact calling Hunter or Joe only strengthens the case for the impeachment. Why call Hunter or Joe, unless Trump and the White House were specifically targeting them?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11895
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:30 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Instead of focusing on prescription drug costs, immigration, the economy, this continuous talk of impeachment is drowning out all of the more important subjects which Democrats always ran on and won.


With Mitch essentially not doing anything for his pay, why bother....

AirWorthy99 wrote:
2 years of Mueller wasn't sufficient?


It was enough to show Trump should be on trial for 10 felony charges. The grand obstruction party just doesn't care.

Best regards
Thomas


Actually Thomas, we'll need a new moniker with all of these Lev Parnas documents. The GOP White House - Greaseball OPs.


Yup, that stuff is fascinating... but the topic was Mueller, so just 10 felonies there...
We can see the panic, one can measure it in posts/day.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21494
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm

casinterest wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Not to worry! Rand Paul plans to call Hunter Biden!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/478 ... mpeachment

Because, you know, Hunter Biden is on trial. Never mind Republicans could have held hearings for four years about Hunter and Joe Biden if they were really that concerned about Burisma and corruption and all that......


The left is 'hoping' and 'expecting' a smoking gun will come out of the witnesses they like. They expect them to 'stick' it to Trump. This can very well backfire and be Mueller hearing part 2. I know the evidence is weak and they need more, but to have these high expectations would ultimately lead to major disappointments. I don't think much of anything new will come out of those 'wish-list' witnesses the Democrats have.

About Hunter, well, I guess its only fair if you get the witnesses you like, and the Republicans call the witnesses they also like, something that was never afforded in the House.


The evidence is not weak. In fact calling Hunter or Joe only strengthens the case for the impeachment. Why call Hunter or Joe, unless Trump and the White House were specifically targeting them?


There are two articles. One deals with the head of the Republican administration asking the Ukrainian president to announce an investigation against Joe Biden, a political rival. A clear violation of the Constitution. The second article is over obstruction of Congress where the head of the Republican administration tells those under him to ignore subpoenas and they do not. Both can be proven.

If I can show you that 1+2=3, that must be true, right?

Not that any of this matters since the Republican administration has already told Senate Republicans how to vote and they do not want a trial at all. Even though a trial is the next step, according to the Constitution. Republicans keep saying how much they love the Constitution but they will not do anything to support the Constitution.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21494
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 pm

Mitch McConnell wants a media blackout of the proceedings. He does not want We The People to see what is going on in OUR Congress

https://www.businessinsider.com/gop-wil ... ial-2020-1

And Republicans support this silencing of the press. This is absolutely disgusting. When they show you who they are, believe them.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9971
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:20 am

And now with the impeachment moving to Trial, even more evidence of how Trump has abused his power is coming to light,
The Most corrupt President ever has his Personal Lawyer and associates back dealing to undermine and target American citizens to get their Loyalists into power.


https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/politics ... index.html

The messages also include texts from Parnas asking a GOP fundraiser Joseph Ahearn, the chief fundraiser for Trump super PAC America First Action, to "pass on the message" that the US needs an ambassador to the Ukraine who is loyal to Trump in the weeks he removed Yovanovich from her post.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9971
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:28 pm

Well this morning has brought some stunning events already.



The GAO has announced that the White House BROKE THE LAW in witholding aid to Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics ... index.html

decision issued Thursday, the GAO said that the White House budget office violated the Impoundment Control Act, which says that funds appropriated by Congress cannot be withheld by the White House.
"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA," the GAO said.


Ukraine is also announcing investigations into the illegal spying of the former US Ambassador.

"Ukraine's position is not to interfere in the domestic affairs of the United States of America. However, the published records contain the fact of possible violation of the legislation of Ukraine and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which protects the rights of a diplomat in the territory of another country," a ministry statement said.
"Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal activities on its territory. After analyzing these materials, the National Police of Ukraine upon their publication started criminal proceedings," the statement said.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
sw733
Posts: 5878
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 6:19 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
Well this morning has brought some stunning events already.



The GAO has announced that the White House BROKE THE LAW in witholding aid to Ukraine

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics ... index.html

decision issued Thursday, the GAO said that the White House budget office violated the Impoundment Control Act, which says that funds appropriated by Congress cannot be withheld by the White House.
"Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law. OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act (ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA," the GAO said.


Ukraine is also announcing investigations into the illegal spying of the former US Ambassador.

"Ukraine's position is not to interfere in the domestic affairs of the United States of America. However, the published records contain the fact of possible violation of the legislation of Ukraine and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which protects the rights of a diplomat in the territory of another country," a ministry statement said.
"Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal activities on its territory. After analyzing these materials, the National Police of Ukraine upon their publication started criminal proceedings," the statement said.



Uh oh, cue the screams that the GAO is a radical leftist organization hell bent on getting rid of Trump.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11895
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:16 pm

casinterest wrote:
Ukraine is also announcing investigations into the illegal spying of the former US Ambassador.

"Ukraine's position is not to interfere in the domestic affairs of the United States of America. However, the published records contain the fact of possible violation of the legislation of Ukraine and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which protects the rights of a diplomat in the territory of another country," a ministry statement said.
"Ukraine cannot ignore such illegal activities on its territory. After analyzing these materials, the National Police of Ukraine upon their publication started criminal proceedings," the statement said.


Well, Trump wanted an investigation announced in public, so he at least got something with other peoples money.....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21494
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:52 pm

With the "trial" (and I use the term loosely) outcome already set, we know the talking points of the Republican administration for his reelection campaign:

Complete exoneration

And he will throw red meat in there for his base like "dishonest Democrats" and "lying media" and name calling.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14572
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Today the Senate Trial on the Impeachment and to consider removal of Donald Trump as President begins. Thursday will be the swearing in of the Senators and the Chief Justice of the SCOTUS to preside over the trial, along with the reading of the Impeachment charges. Possibly opening statements of the House (Democrats) and President will be made on Thursday or Friday. President Trump will be served with a Subpoena either late Thursday or on Friday to give a plea statement. Likely his response will be 'not guilty' so the trial will take place. Each day's trial sessions of the Senate will begin at 1 PM, all senators must attend at all times. They will have to sit quietly, any questions via notes to the clerk of the Senate, phones and materials except directly involving the trial will be allowed in the trial sessions.

The Trial will really start Tuesday of next week after conclusion of the opening statements and reading of the President's response to the charges. The Chief Justice may have to make statements as to the allowing a vote to either do a summary acquittal or to not allow any witnesses. There is also the submission of exhibits of both parties to be processed. The Senate by a 50%+1 vote can reject a ruling of the CJ. If witnesses are allowed, then who and how many will be the subject of huge arguments. I think in the end a limited number for both sides will be appearing, subject to the rulings of the CJ and if overridden by the 50%+ one majority.

It is impossible to say how long the trial will take, from a week to weeks, depending on the witness testimony allowed and other factors. Both sides don't want this dragged out, and for sure Trump wants his expected acquittal ASAP, expecially before the State of the Union address on Feb. 4th, to make a big deal of it and attack his Democrat accusers who will likely not get him removed from office.

It is a real shame it has come to this but it is needed.
 
BN747
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:17 pm

The impact on what is happening now is making a lifelong impression on all American children from grades 4 on up thru college.

They are wiser than most of us because of the tools available to them for instant explanation, clarity, accuracy, etc to tune in to what is happening down to the last detail.

What they see (as in how this unfolds) over the next 30 days will shape their attitudes for the rest of their lives.

First, they have seen the ripe corruption in US politics - they seen this president usurp laws, disrespect gov't processes and institutions.

Now, they're about to see if the laws of justice, cgecks and balance on power - does it work or NOT. No excuses.

Some will tune out before it gets started.
Those that remain will come away with....

11. It does indeed work.
2.It does not work, it's a fraud.
3. It is a joke.

A HUGE history lesson of an era is unfolding now.

Let's see what lessons, direction and guidance we pass on to our youth.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 pm

BN747 wrote:
The impact on what is happening now is making a lifelong impression on all American children from grades 4 on up thru college.

They are wiser than most of us because of the tools available to them for instant explanation, clarity, accuracy, etc to tune in to what is happening down to the last detail.

What they see (as in how this unfolds) over the next 30 days will shape their attitudes for the rest of their lives.

First, they have seen the ripe corruption in US politics - they seen this president usurp laws, disrespect gov't processes and institutions.

Now, they're about to see if the laws of justice, cgecks and balance on power - does it work or NOT. No excuses.

Some will tune out before it gets started.
Those that remain will come away with....

11. It does indeed work.
2.It does not work, it's a fraud.
3. It is a joke.

A HUGE history lesson of an era is unfolding now.

Let's see what lessons, direction and guidance we pass on to our youth.

BN747


Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
BN747
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:38 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
The impact on what is happening now is making a lifelong impression on all American children from grades 4 on up thru college.

They are wiser than most of us because of the tools available to them for instant explanation, clarity, accuracy, etc to tune in to what is happening down to the last detail.

What they see (as in how this unfolds) over the next 30 days will shape their attitudes for the rest of their lives.

First, they have seen the ripe corruption in US politics - they seen this president usurp laws, disrespect gov't processes and institutions.

Now, they're about to see if the laws of justice, cgecks and balance on power - does it work or NOT. No excuses.

Some will tune out before it gets started.
Those that remain will come away with....

11. It does indeed work.
2.It does not work, it's a fraud.
3. It is a joke.

A HUGE history lesson of an era is unfolding now.

Let's see what lessons, direction and guidance we pass on to our youth.

BN747


Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.


...and then there are those who walk among us, who will choose (of their own volition, of course) ...Ignorance every chance they get.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9971
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:41 pm

The GOP is in the process of writing years of corrupt government ads for the democrats. Nunes, who was on the house intelligence panel is implicated in helping to direct some of the very corruption he was in charge of investigating.

Trump is on trial for serious charges and the GOP that collectively lied to the nation about Hillary and Benghazi and investigated all they could, can't bring themselves to have a real investigation of a very corrupt President.

The "boomers" that watch Fox news may think this is all a joke, but they are destroying the GOP and the US democracy as it currently stands.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:57 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.


So we’re only supposed to deal with crimes and criminals and illegal actions only if polls from a few states indicate support? I’ll remember that and your posts when a Democrat is in the White House and Republicans are apoplectic over something.

Did poll numbers from the Midwest stop Republicans from holding NINE investigations into Benghazi? The polling never supported opening / holding those investigations.

Why you think Trump will win in a landslide when Republicans have taken a beating in 2018, 2019, and virtually every special election is amusing. Sure, Trump might win re-election but it will be extremely close, or likely he will lose the popular vote again, to barely squeak out an electoral college win.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:08 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.


So we’re only supposed to deal with crimes and criminals and illegal actions only if polls from a few states indicate support? I’ll remember that and your posts when a Democrat is in the White House and Republicans are apoplectic over something.

Did poll numbers from the Midwest stop Republicans from holding NINE investigations into Benghazi? The polling never supported opening / holding those investigations.

Why you think Trump will win in a landslide when Republicans have taken a beating in 2018, 2019, and virtually every special election is amusing. Sure, Trump might win re-election but it will be extremely close, or likely he will lose the popular vote again, to barely squeak out an electoral college win.



I am no Trump fanboy, certainly the call was not a 'perfect' call. But does it merit Impeachment? NO, perhaps a censure at most, a censure by both parties. This Impeachment looked like a political expedition since the beginning, since the Mueller report did not provide any significant evidence, this came as a chance.

But now the Democrats are saying that "the constitution must be respected', that the US is Republic not a monarchy... BS, when they themselves acquitted Clinton for far more serious crimes, and after Obama did not play legit all the time neither with the IRS scandal going after conservative groups or the droning of a US citizen.

This is what really angers most conservatives, the "we are in the side of the constitution" thing because the shoe is in the other foot.

Look I get it, its very simple to hate the guy, really it is, beat him in the voting booth, like where you really have to beat him. And lets start talking about the real issues Americans have, for the Dems they have forgotten about this for many years, and they were long time ago I grant it, 'the party of the people'.

That is no more.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
wingman
Posts: 3837
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 pm

Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14572
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 pm

The US Senate has adjourned until next Tuesday to resume the trial. Guess they need a 4 day weekend to collect bribes and hear from their voters. Briefs of the parties are due from the 18th to the 21st. Next Monday, Pres. Trump will be leaving and spending a few days in Davos, Switzerland for the rich guys and world leaders convention. So not much today, likely not much until the 22nd.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 pm

wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9971
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:09 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.


And those happened why?

Because Clinton was Presidential enough to respect the constitution and sit for questioning where he did perjure himself. Could you imagine what would happen if Trump sat for an interview?

So don't say anything about Clinton until you get that coward Trump to sit down for questioning.
The most dishonorable version of the GOP currently exists, and so corruption is allowed to go unchecked, while good Americans have their rights and jobs destroyed by Trump and his abuse of power.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21494
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.


So we’re only supposed to deal with crimes and criminals and illegal actions only if polls from a few states indicate support? I’ll remember that and your posts when a Democrat is in the White House and Republicans are apoplectic over something.

Did poll numbers from the Midwest stop Republicans from holding NINE investigations into Benghazi? The polling never supported opening / holding those investigations.

Why you think Trump will win in a landslide when Republicans have taken a beating in 2018, 2019, and virtually every special election is amusing. Sure, Trump might win re-election but it will be extremely close, or likely he will lose the popular vote again, to barely squeak out an electoral college win.



I am no Trump fanboy, certainly the call was not a 'perfect' call. But does it merit Impeachment? NO, perhaps a censure at most, a censure by both parties. This Impeachment looked like a political expedition since the beginning, since the Mueller report did not provide any significant evidence, this came as a chance.

But now the Democrats are saying that "the constitution must be respected', that the US is Republic not a monarchy... BS, when they themselves acquitted Clinton for far more serious crimes, and after Obama did not play legit all the time neither with the IRS scandal going after conservative groups or the droning of a US citizen.

This is what really angers most conservatives, the "we are in the side of the constitution" thing because the shoe is in the other foot.

Look I get it, its very simple to hate the guy, really it is, beat him in the voting booth, like where you really have to beat him. And lets start talking about the real issues Americans have, for the Dems they have forgotten about this for many years, and they were long time ago I grant it, 'the party of the people'.

That is no more.


wow. just wow. You MAGA fans know how to rewrite history! The head of the Republican administration is impeached and now on trial for two things:

Abuse of power (withhoding funds from Ukraine which both chambers of the Senate passed with bipartisan support and the president, NO PRESIDENT, can withhold and, further, he asked the president of Ukraine to investigate a political rival)

Obstruction of Congress (the head of the Republican administration telling people, demanding people, not answer subpoenas from Congress)

He has already been charged.

This has absolutely nothing at all to do with redoing an election. It is showing the United States people and the world that we have corrupt politicians and this is how we deal with the worst of the worst.

Republicans were in charge of Congress for four years. Both chambers. They held hearing after hearing after hearing playing gotcha with Obama and Hillary but didn't care about Biden until now. To that point, the Republican led Congress found nothing on Obama or Hillary. At all. After all the years of investigations. Nothing.

Get over it.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10618
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:35 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.


It sounds like you’re woefully misinformed about what is actually going on here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/ ... for-truth/

Commentary from a Reagan conservative
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:39 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.


It sounds like you’re woefully misinformed about what is actually going on here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/ ... for-truth/

Commentary from a Reagan conservative


Never Trumper.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
BN747
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:57 am

Just tweeted..
Trump tweets in all caps that he 'JUST GOT IMPEACHED FOR MAKING A PERFECT PHONE CALL!'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets ... 06339.html

....how far from normal does this rate between sanity to insanity?


BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10618
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:13 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.


It sounds like you’re woefully misinformed about what is actually going on here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/ ... for-truth/

Commentary from a Reagan conservative


Never Trumper.


But I thought you’re all about conservative values? Her credentials are a country mile beyond 45’s...35 years of evidence. Very odd.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:16 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

It sounds like you’re woefully misinformed about what is actually going on here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/ ... for-truth/

Commentary from a Reagan conservative


Never Trumper.


But I thought you’re all about conservative values? Her credentials are a country mile beyond 45’s...35 years of evidence. Very odd.


And where did I attack her values? You bring a never Trumper and you expect this is some Republican who is calling out the president and the administration and we should be stunned, someone who even before he became president did not want him there. Of course she will criticize him. Nothing new, next.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10618
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:23 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Never Trumper.


But I thought you’re all about conservative values? Her credentials are a country mile beyond 45’s...35 years of evidence. Very odd.


And where did I attack her values? You bring a never Trumper and you expect this is some Republican who is calling out the president and the administration and we should be stunned, someone who even before he became president did not want him there. Of course she will criticize him. Nothing new, next.


Talk about the messenger and not the substance, I see. What was that saying of Harry Truman’s..?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13389
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:30 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.



Boohoo!, poor Republicans, so picked on. BUT,But,but, trump only lies, lies and lies, :liar: cheats,cheats and cheats, on wives of course and in business. He is like a nine year old child, calling people names when his feelings are hurt. Somebody who he insults should get on TV and say Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me. Exactly what we said when were were children.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14572
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 am

Trump's arrogance, including as to the Impeachment process, is what will get him. He cannot keep his mouth shut, he is addicted to Twitter and he ignores advice from others. He won't be removed from office by the Senate, but he will be damaged goods and it could narrow his chances of winning in November for a 2nd term.
 
BN747
Posts: 7356
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:00 am

ltbewr wrote:
Trump's arrogance, including as to the Impeachment process, is what will get him. He cannot keep his mouth shut, he is addicted to Twitter and he ignores advice from others. He won't be removed from office by the Senate, but he will be damaged goods and it could narrow his chances of winning in November for a 2nd term.


What I've said all year in 2019, his mouth is his own worst enemy...it will be his undoing.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
CaptHadley
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yawn... forgone conclusion...get out of your liberal island and into the middle of the country almost no one is looking at this, after 3 years of this, people are exhausted because the Dems and the MSM has over used the I word.

In a few weeks the Dems will run out of talking points and again continue with their SJW themes and extreme leftist activism. Paving the way for a Trump landslide since the economy is doing great which is what independents care the most.


So we’re only supposed to deal with crimes and criminals and illegal actions only if polls from a few states indicate support? I’ll remember that and your posts when a Democrat is in the White House and Republicans are apoplectic over something.

Did poll numbers from the Midwest stop Republicans from holding NINE investigations into Benghazi? The polling never supported opening / holding those investigations.

Why you think Trump will win in a landslide when Republicans have taken a beating in 2018, 2019, and virtually every special election is amusing. Sure, Trump might win re-election but it will be extremely close, or likely he will lose the popular vote again, to barely squeak out an electoral college win.





I am no Trump fanboy, certainly the call was not a 'perfect' call. But does it merit Impeachment? NO, perhaps a censure at most, a censure by both parties. This Impeachment looked like a political expedition since the beginning, since the Mueller report did not provide any significant evidence, this came as a chance.

But now the Democrats are saying that "the constitution must be respected', that the US is Republic not a monarchy... BS, when they themselves acquitted Clinton for far more serious crimes, and after Obama did not play legit all the time neither with the IRS scandal going after conservative groups or the droning of a US citizen.

This is what really angers most conservatives, the "we are in the side of the constitution" thing because the shoe is in the other foot.

Look I get it, its very simple to hate the guy, really it is, beat him in the voting booth, like where you really have to beat him. And lets start talking about the real issues Americans have, for the Dems they have forgotten about this for many years, and they were long time ago I grant it, 'the party of the people'.

That is no more.



Damn, I have heard this exact same statement from another poster a few months ago, the exact same thing.. Anyways. I don't think drumpf will have any problems opening up his suck to further incriminate himself prior to the next election. Dammit, I wish I knew who said that exact same statement!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11895
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 am

ltbewr wrote:
Thursday will be the swearing in of the Senators.


Why do they bother with that? Its not like they can be charged with lying in that oath, and at least some republicans have in essence announced they´d have no intention to honor the oath....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11895
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:20 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
Dems acquitted Clinton of far more serious crimes? Which Clinton and which crimes? You mean Bill’s consensual blow job? It’s the only thing anyone’s found on the Clintons in 30+ years. Look, I agree polishing a Presidential knob is the work of the devil, but I’d still rate the solicitation of a foreign government’s help to directly interfere in federal elections to be an even more egregious violation of ones sacred oath to uphold the Constitution. Bill has his dirty birdy side but Trump is an entirely new class of scumbag.


Try perjury/grand jury, and obstruction of justice. Real crimes.

But I get it, its worse when a Republican does it. I understand.


It sounds like you’re woefully misinformed about what is actually going on here:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/ ... for-truth/

Commentary from a Reagan conservative


Most importantly: What? Where was he demanding the removal of Trump when he did commit 10 cases of obstruction of Justice?

When impeachment was written into the constitution, there was no US Code. To my knowledge the founding fathers never, ever talked about prejury as a reason for impeachment, but a lot about a President using the power of his office to get re-elected......
Nixon almost got his ass impeached for lying to the public...... on average Trump lies about once per hour.

BN747 wrote:
Just tweeted..
Trump tweets in all caps that he 'JUST GOT IMPEACHED FOR MAKING A PERFECT PHONE CALL!'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets ... 06339.html

....how far from normal does this rate between sanity to insanity?


BN747


Did he have that sitting in his draft folder for a month or what?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
apodino
Posts: 3651
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:22 pm

A couple of comments about the impeachment. I need to do more research into this, but when congress appropriated the money for the Ukraine it is my understanding that they specified a deadline the money had to be spent by. From what I have read, the administration met this deadline and all the money that congress appropriated was spent in the timeframe outlined by congress. If this is true, the first article of impeachment should be thrown out because the president did nothing with Ukraine that was not against the law. Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

As for Obstruction of Congress. Techinically Obama could have been charged with this, Bush could have been charged with this, etc, because every congress from the opposite party tends to subpoena lots of things, and the administration always stonewalls. Now if the supreme court ever rules that this is illegal, there is no doubt that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump should be found guilty on the second count. But to my knowledge, the Supreme Court has never ruled on this, and I do think its an area the Court needs to intervene on, because it is the key to Congress holding a check on the Administration.

That being said, Nancy Pelosi signing the articles with souvenir pens is not a good look at all. This is a serious matter, and should not be about showmanship, but that's exactly what Pelosi did.

Lastly, on the topic of Pelosi, there may be another motive behind holding the impeachment articles until now. The Senate Trial will take place next week and probably the week after. Iowa is in a couple of weeks. Because of the Trial, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren (and Amy Klobuchar for that matter) now have to be in Washington rather than campaigning for votes in Iowa, where Buttegieg and Biden have no such constraints and can campaign in Iowa where their rivals are off the Trail. Pelosi would never admit this publicly, but I suspect privately she would rather see Biden win the nomination than Sanders or Warren. Of course if this was her motive and it got out, she would have major problems with her own Caucus, particularly the Squad. But I don't doubt this played a role in the timing.
 
wingman
Posts: 3837
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:41 pm

apodino wrote:
A couple of comments about the impeachment. I need to do more research into this, but when congress appropriated the money for the Ukraine it is my understanding that they specified a deadline the money had to be spent by. From what I have read, the administration met this deadline and all the money that congress appropriated was spent in the timeframe outlined by congress. If this is true, the first article of impeachment should be thrown out because the president did nothing with Ukraine that was not against the law. Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.


To address your first point, there are plenty of people in prison for attempted murder. If you need me to explain the relevance and help you connect the dots I will. Granted, I'm aware that if Trump fired at pistol at Jim Acosta's face but missed because he belched a cheese curd and it threw his aim, you'd say the exact same thing above. This is why all these Conservative judges are so worrisome, do they all think attempted murder, rape, assault, robbery, racketeering etc etc are just a tad unethical, or is it just the voters and only when the "mild ethical lapse" involves a Republican? I think we're now moving beyond simply defecating on the Constitution and actually burning and replacing it. Isn't the defecation enough?

And PS: you conveniently left out the part "why was the money being withheld in the first place?" Kinda an important point in this whole story don't you think?
 
User avatar
ER757
Posts: 3637
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:16 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:49 pm

apodino wrote:
A couple of comments about the impeachment. I need to do more research into this, but when congress appropriated the money for the Ukraine it is my understanding that they specified a deadline the money had to be spent by. From what I have read, the administration met this deadline and all the money that congress appropriated was spent in the timeframe outlined by congress. If this is true, the first article of impeachment should be thrown out because the president did nothing with Ukraine that was not against the law. Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

As for Obstruction of Congress. Techinically Obama could have been charged with this, Bush could have been charged with this, etc, because every congress from the opposite party tends to subpoena lots of things, and the administration always stonewalls. Now if the supreme court ever rules that this is illegal, there is no doubt that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump should be found guilty on the second count. But to my knowledge, the Supreme Court has never ruled on this, and I do think its an area the Court needs to intervene on, because it is the key to Congress holding a check on the Administration.

That being said, Nancy Pelosi signing the articles with souvenir pens is not a good look at all. This is a serious matter, and should not be about showmanship, but that's exactly what Pelosi did.

Lastly, on the topic of Pelosi, there may be another motive behind holding the impeachment articles until now. The Senate Trial will take place next week and probably the week after. Iowa is in a couple of weeks. Because of the Trial, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren (and Amy Klobuchar for that matter) now have to be in Washington rather than campaigning for votes in Iowa, where Buttegieg and Biden have no such constraints and can campaign in Iowa where their rivals are off the Trail. Pelosi would never admit this publicly, but I suspect privately she would rather see Biden win the nomination than Sanders or Warren. Of course if this was her motive and it got out, she would have major problems with her own Caucus, particularly the Squad. But I don't doubt this played a role in the timing.

Interesting thoughts about the Iowa caucuses and the senators. You may be on to something there.
As to impeachment article # 1, the GAO, a non-partisan group, seems to think Trump broke the law, so there's that.....
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:01 pm

ER757 wrote:
Interesting thoughts about the Iowa caucuses and the senators. You may be on to something there.
As to impeachment article # 1, the GAO, a non-partisan group, seems to think Trump broke the law, so there's that.....


Not to mention that the funding was only forwarded AFTER the White House heard about the whistleblower complaint, just several hours after. And even then over $20 MILLION was still being illegally held up (as of 12/20/19).

It’s laughable that the so called “law and order” and “patriots” that the overwhelming number of conservatives describe themselves as, are lauding a draft dodger that has smeared so many POWs and Purple Heart families, and calls our military “a bunch of dopes, and babies”. I’ve always known them to be closeted hypocrites, but under Trump they are openly shouting their hypocrisy from the rooftops.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... ed-ukraine

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... -new-book/
 
ParkFSI
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:05 pm

apodino wrote:
A couple of comments about the impeachment. I need to do more research into this, but when congress appropriated the money for the Ukraine it is my understanding that they specified a deadline the money had to be spent by. From what I have read, the administration met this deadline and all the money that congress appropriated was spent in the timeframe outlined by congress. If this is true, the first article of impeachment should be thrown out because the president did nothing with Ukraine that was not against the law. Unethical, yes. Illegal, no.

As for Obstruction of Congress. Techinically Obama could have been charged with this, Bush could have been charged with this, etc, because every congress from the opposite party tends to subpoena lots of things, and the administration always stonewalls. Now if the supreme court ever rules that this is illegal, there is no doubt that there is evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that Trump should be found guilty on the second count. But to my knowledge, the Supreme Court has never ruled on this, and I do think its an area the Court needs to intervene on, because it is the key to Congress holding a check on the Administration.

That being said, Nancy Pelosi signing the articles with souvenir pens is not a good look at all. This is a serious matter, and should not be about showmanship, but that's exactly what Pelosi did.

Lastly, on the topic of Pelosi, there may be another motive behind holding the impeachment articles until now. The Senate Trial will take place next week and probably the week after. Iowa is in a couple of weeks. Because of the Trial, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren (and Amy Klobuchar for that matter) now have to be in Washington rather than campaigning for votes in Iowa, where Buttegieg and Biden have no such constraints and can campaign in Iowa where their rivals are off the Trail. Pelosi would never admit this publicly, but I suspect privately she would rather see Biden win the nomination than Sanders or Warren. Of course if this was her motive and it got out, she would have major problems with her own Caucus, particularly the Squad. But I don't doubt this played a role in the timing.


Yep, it’s all by design. Good post.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: The Impeachment Hearings

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:20 am

Please continue your discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1439283

Thread will be locked.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B717fan, f18raider, gregpodpl, L410Turbolet, lightsaber, maint123, MSN [Bot], ParkFSI, WarRI1 and 93 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos