winginit

Re: Honestly, what is going on with California?

Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Another good visualization:

MaverickM11

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:35 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
There’s an old aphorism, “keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.”

Well, the welfare state keeps subsidizing poverty, keeps dumbing down education thru the corrupt bargain with teacher’s unions, keeps making poverty better than work and don’t understand why the stats don’t change. Genuinely deserving poor like the mentally ill, drug abusers or uneducated deserve help, but the price is changing course not blaming others.

You realize California is the largest IT, entertainment, and agricultural economy in the country, if not the world? What is the bible belt up to these days?
E pur si muove -Galileo

acavpics
Topic Author

Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:47 am

It's been confirmed that the Santa Clarita high school student used an untraceable ghost gun. Also, his father was forced to give up all guns in the household after an incident with police a few years ago.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:45 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
There’s an old aphorism, “keep doing what you’ve been doing, you’ll keep getting what you’ve been getting.”

Well, the welfare state keeps subsidizing poverty, keeps dumbing down education thru the corrupt bargain with teacher’s unions, keeps making poverty better than work and don’t understand why the stats don’t change. Genuinely deserving poor like the mentally ill, drug abusers or uneducated deserve help, but the price is changing course not blaming others.

You realize California is the largest IT, entertainment, and agricultural economy in the country, if not the world? What is the bible belt up to these days?

Cali is all that AND highest poverty and homeless rates, worst small business climates, worst schools, highest unfounded government liabilities.

MaverickM11

Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:42 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Cali is all that AND highest poverty and homeless rates, worst small business climates, worst schools, highest unfounded government liabilities.

Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... verty_rate

California is also one of the top, if not the top states for startups. If republicans had some 'magic sauce', why is the bible belt or brownbackistan not reeling in entrepreneurs?
E pur si muove -Galileo

slider

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:55 pm

acavpics wrote:
It's been confirmed that the Santa Clarita high school student used an untraceable ghost gun. Also, his father was forced to give up all guns in the household after an incident with police a few years ago.

Funny how the story just fizzled away when it doesn't fit the leftist statist agenda, huh?

winginit

Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:45 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Cali is all that AND highest poverty and homeless rates.

California (the fact that you call it 'Cali' shows you have very little actual experience in or with the State) is not even close to having the highest poverty rate in this country. Not even close. You are spreading lies there Boomer.

As for the homeless rate, California will always have the highest homeless rate in the country. If you're homeless and have the ability to move between states, you're going to choose to live in the State with objectively the most favorable climate in the country, if not the world.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:52 am

I was there for a week, two weeks ago, my brother and his family live there. I visit several times a year. I’ve been in the state probably six times a year for the past 25 years. It’s “Cali”, even to many residents. My brother’s family would agree and hate what SFO has become. Niece even says it was the only place she was scared and she’s lived in NYC, DC, Mexico and much of the world.

Politfact Cali would disagree,

https://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/jan/20/chad-mayes/true-california-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

GF

Aaron747

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:25 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I was there for a week, two weeks ago, my brother and his family live there. I visit several times a year. I’ve been in the state probably six times a year for the past 25 years. It’s “Cali”, even to many residents. My brother’s family would agree and hate what SFO has become. Niece even says it was the only place she was scared and she’s lived in NYC, DC, Mexico and much of the world.

https://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/jan/20/chad-mayes/true-california-has-nations-highest-poverty-rate-w/

GF

All the nice places in the greater Bay Area, and your brother’s family lives in the city? The problem is theirs. SF lost its status as a good place for families in the 1970s - everyone from NorCal knows that.

And no, not a single person I grew up around in the South Bay calls it ‘Cali’, LOL ffs
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

winginit

Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

All the nice places in the greater Bay Area, and your brother’s family lives in the city? The problem is theirs. SF lost its status as a good place for families in the 1970s - everyone from NorCal knows that.

And no, not a single person I grew up around in the South Bay calls it ‘Cali’, LOL ffs

Los Angeles checking in. No one calls it Cali. Numerous . articles have been written on the subject.

SL1200MK2

Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:04 pm

winginit wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Los Angeles checking in. No one calls it Cali. Numerous . articles have been written on the subject.

Actually, folks who come from out of town and live here call it "Cali" for a few minutes, until they are corrected. It's the same as people who call San Francisco "San Fran" or "Frisco". It's the perfect way to display your ignorance of proper local parlance.

I must admit, however, that I do find outsiders obsession with a state in which they don't live to be both humorous and flattering. For a trump supporter to dislike something is akin to the good person liking something.

There are definitely issues here in San Francisco. I have to deal with them every day, and it can be frustrating indeed. However, we are a very liberal city, and with that, much like everything, comes associated issues. I am sure there are cities that have everything locked down, and possibly with a lack of some of the blight we have here. But, I would also think that they do not have many of the benefits that come with being in a liberal and accepting city. We have nearly unlimited freedom here. It certainly isn't for everybody, and we like it that way. People who believe in certain forms of christianity are often frightened by sexuality and substance use whereas other aren't.

Does this work perfectly? Absolutely not, and I hope we can find a better balance in the future. But, would I give up all of the wonderful things about San Francisco solely to comfort outsiders? No. They need not visit if it's so terrible for them. The best are the unsuspecting families who are here during Pride Week. It's really funny to see such horror at two people of the same sex celebrating the fact that the love each other.

One of the best parts of San Francisco is the very fact that it is not a good city for families. I can't remember the last time I saw or heard a kid having a meltdown in a supermarket. At the pool where I swim, our time isn't ruined by kids playing Marco Polo. At restaurants, there are rarely kids running around and disturbing others. As I mentioned, it isn't for everyone.

To answer the question, lots of things are going on with California. Some of them are good, and some of them are bad. I presume that every state in the U.S has "something going on", though some seem more drawn to wondering about this regarding California than other states for some reason.

In any case, California is rad, and everyone knows this.

DL717

Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:59 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Well on their way to becoming a single party, two class state. There will be nothing but the uber rich and impoverished servants in about 20 years. Sounds like a fantastic place to build a future. :roll:
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Aaron747

Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:52 am

DL717 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Well on their way to becoming a single party, two class state. There will be nothing but the uber rich and impoverished servants in about 20 years. Sounds like a fantastic place to build a future. :roll:

Absolutely clueless about the state - but that figures since CA is more akin to a country and that may be beyond your reach. Like any large, mature economy, CA is both diverse and highly segmented. One look at the state’s small business profile will show you a robust environment employing nearly half of the state, with a strong concentration in non- metropolitan areas. The dichotomy you describe is reality only in Beverly Hills, Palo Alto, 90290-90026 LA or 94121-94111 SF city.

https://www.sba.gov/sites/default/files ... les-CA.pdf
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

winginit

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:43 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Absolutely clueless about the state - but that figures since CA is more akin to a country and that may be beyond your reach. Like any large, mature economy, CA is both diverse and highly segmented. One look at the state’s small business profile will show you a robust environment employing nearly half of the state, with a strong concentration in non- metropolitan areas. The dichotomy you describe is reality only in Beverly Hills, Palo Alto, 90290-90026 LA or 94121-94111 SF city.

Great post.

So much ignorance in this thread - likely manifested jealousy as well. Enjoy your winters!

DL717

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

No need to be so defensive.

DL717

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:14 am

winginit wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Great post.

So much ignorance in this thread - likely manifested jealousy as well. Enjoy your winters!

If non-winter is all you’ve got, then you’ll need to try harder.

Aaron747

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:12 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Correcting your impetuous falsehoods and alternative reality with facts. Your motivations are irrelevant.

DL717

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Correcting your impetuous falsehoods and alternative reality with facts. Your motivations are irrelevant.

Spent half my life there. Enjoy the mess.

Aaron747

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:13 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Sounds like the problem is yours. My family and friends are all safe and comfortable with no plans to leave. The next generation is fine too - two of my cousins are RNs, another is a marketing director at Salesforce in SF, another has an auto repair shop and another is an OBGYN at UCSF - she just married a guy from MT who she met in med school and he loves CA. So again, your simplistic narratives are psychological projection at best, and lies at worst.

winginit

Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:01 pm

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

As someone who thinks we're in the biblical end times it's shocking you didn't last...

Sorry you couldn't afford it.

mham001

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

Speaking of "impetuous falsehoods and alternative reality" (wrapped up in a sophomoric diversion tactic), everything he said about one-party, two class state is FACTUALLY correct, your diversion to small business statistics notwithstanding (48% NATIONWIDE are employed by small business). A simple search 'middle class california' provides ample documentation of the middle class exodus (and Americans in general). Raise taxes and fees some more - it affects the middle class the hardest. The meager population growth last year is only supported by birthrates and immigrants - 55% of whom land on public assistance.

Regulations also hurt, for one example, the move to make every conceivable occupation State "licensed" hurts the less educated and lower classes the hardest. I myself could not have had my 5-star business of the last 30 years based on the state license requirements of today, for example. Meanwhile, California ignored the call for welfare reform in the 90's and 00's, which turned other poverty states around and State politicians publicly invite illegals with nothing, to come for state support. These are exactly the kind of policies that have created the homeless and poverty situation today.

Unfortunately for middle-class Californians, everything in this post is indeed factually correct. California- the most impoverished state in America.
DL717 wrote:

Aaron747

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Speaking of "impetuous falsehoods and alternative reality" (wrapped up in a sophomoric diversion tactic), everything he said about one-party, two class state is FACTUALLY correct, your diversion to small business statistics notwithstanding (48% NATIONWIDE are employed by small business). A simple search 'middle class california' provides ample documentation of the middle class exodus (and Americans in general). Raise taxes and fees some more - it affects the middle class the hardest. The meager population growth last year is only supported by birthrates and immigrants - 55% of whom land on public assistance.

Regulations also hurt, for one example, the move to make every conceivable occupation State "licensed" hurts the less educated and lower classes the hardest. I myself could not have had my 5-star business of the last 30 years based on the state license requirements of today, for example. Meanwhile, California ignored the call for welfare reform in the 90's and 00's, which turned other poverty states around and State politicians publicly invite illegals with nothing, to come for state support. These are exactly the kind of policies that have created the homeless and poverty situation today.

Unfortunately for middle-class Californians, everything in this post is indeed factually correct. California- the most impoverished state in America.
DL717 wrote:

In your long reply, you completely diverted into welfare policy, who and what benefits, and onerous taxes - totally ignoring the original context: that claiming there are only ‘uber rich and servants’ is false. That is simple not the reality statewide given the diversity of markets and experiences statewide, and is demonstrably true only in the places and zip codes provided. Sorry facts got in the way of your biases.

Every CA resident has issues with taxation and licensure requirements, and the latter already has reform organizations lobbying Sacto hard for change. Middle class impacts in the metro Bay and LA are made difficult by taxes and housing cost, yes, but retooling is possible and smart people who saw writing on the wall took care of themselves long ago. A HS friend who moved up to Humboldt years ago saw demand falling for his sign business and retooled into home plumbing and now does great. Another HS friend, knowing he was screwed in the Bay from not having a degree, moved down to PR and got into wine marketing and now has a central coast home with a valley view. My aunt has avoided ageism through making herself indispensible and 20 years ago retooled from restaurant management into niche IT technical recruiting. Not everyone is howling at the moon (or whining about Mexicans in fields or Asian signs on El Camino) because they were too busy keeping up with change.

mham001

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:49 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
In your long reply, you completely diverted into welfare policy, who and what benefits, and onerous taxes - totally ignoring the original context: that claiming there are only ‘uber rich and servants’ is false. That is simple not the reality statewide given the diversity of markets and experiences statewide, and is demonstrably true only in the places and zip codes provided. Sorry facts got in the way of your biases.

Every CA resident has issues with taxation and licensure requirements, and the latter already has reform organizations lobbying Sacto hard for change. Middle class impacts in the metro Bay and LA are made difficult by taxes and housing cost, yes, but retooling is possible and smart people who saw writing on the wall took care of themselves long ago.

Yea, except HE DIDN'T SAY THAT. Reading comprehension is key.

And you are right about smart people see the the writing on the wall and will take care of themselves, that is why the middle class is LEAVING.

Aaron747

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Every CA resident has issues with taxation and licensure requirements, and the latter already has reform organizations lobbying Sacto hard for change. Middle class impacts in the metro Bay and LA are made difficult by taxes and housing cost, yes, but retooling is possible and smart people who saw writing on the wall took care of themselves long ago.

Yea, except HE DIDN'T SAY THAT. Reading comprehension is key.

And you are right about smart people see the the writing on the wall and will take care of themselves, that is why the middle class is LEAVING.

The reading comprehension failure is yours - he said that’s all there would be in 20 years and it’s patently false based on ANY available data now as I demonstrated. Out of 50 or so people I have kept in touch with since HS only seven are living out of state - either because they went to east coast universities and still work there or due to marriage and other factors. Not a single whiner in the bunch - check yourself before you wreck yo’self! Maybe instead of whining, you should try your luck somewhere cheap like UT or TX?

mham001

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:09 am

Aaron747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
[The reading comprehension failure is yours - he said that’s all there would be in 20 years and it’s patently false based on ANY available data now as I demonstrated. Out of 50 or so people I have kept in touch with since HS only seven are living out of state - either because they went to east coast universities and still work there or due to marriage and other factors. Not a single whiner in the bunch - check yourself before you wreck yo’self! Maybe instead of whining, you should try your luck somewhere cheap like UT or TX?

I see. Your experience with 50 or so people is more accurate than US Census and commercially available data trend lines. Got it. Ok, glad that's settled.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:13 am

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:
[The reading comprehension failure is yours - he said that’s all there would be in 20 years and it’s patently false based on ANY available data now as I demonstrated. Out of 50 or so people I have kept in touch with since HS only seven are living out of state - either because they went to east coast universities and still work there or due to marriage and other factors. Not a single whiner in the bunch - check yourself before you wreck yo’self! Maybe instead of whining, you should try your luck somewhere cheap like UT or TX?

I see. Your experience with 50 or so people is more accurate than US Census and commercially available data trend lines. Got it. Ok, glad that's settled.

Cite the census data and trend lines showing the state will become a two-tier income stream between uber rich and ‘servant’ poor in 20 years. This oughta be good. He acts like some of us didn’t study and make a living at data science :lol:

Some interesting data here - people leaving ‘unaffordable’ areas are being replaced by wealthy individuals and families from other states. There is an ongoing out-migration of middle class folks who are leaving CA for places less liberal or more tax friendly - that is not in dispute.

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi- ... ?_amp=true

DL717

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 am

winginit wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

As someone who thinks we're in the biblical end times it's shocking you didn't last...

Couldn’t afford what? Picking up the tab on California waste? Why would anyone flush their money down the toilet like that? Pure stupid.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:53 am

DL717 wrote:
winginit wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Couldn’t afford what? Picking up the tab on California waste? Why would anyone flush their money down the toilet like that? Pure stupid.

Plenty of hard-working folks who have set up comfortable lives for themselves in CA don’t see it that way. Oh wellz for you. This all just sounds like you’re in this sour grapes patch:

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... ?_amp=true

mham001

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:56 am

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Cite the census data and trend lines showing the state will become a two-tier income stream between uber rich and ‘servant’ poor in 20 years. This oughta be good. He acts like some of us didn’t study and make a living at data science :lol:

Some interesting data here - people leaving ‘unaffordable’ areas are being replaced by wealthy individuals and families from other states. There is an ongoing out-migration of middle class folks who are leaving CA for places less liberal or more tax friendly - that is not in dispute.

Right. So you don't dispute the long-term trend. Progress. How you think that will all end? Will it be 21 years instead, making you RIGHT about something? Or 22? Or do you consider all this a good thing we should all be happy about?

BTW, it is well documented that 40% (and trending UP - San Jose Mercury News) want to leave Silicon Valley. Not necessarily California, but if you want data, that has to embarrass any civic leader.

Aaron747 wrote:
He acts like some of us didn’t study and make a living at data science :lol:
[/quote]

That's pretty rich, as you continue to use your analogies as data points in the discussion.

mham001

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:01 am

Aaron747 wrote:

Right. So you don't dispute the long-term trend. Progress. How you think that will all end? Will it be 21 years instead, making you RIGHT about something? Or 22? Or do you consider all this a good thing we should all be happy about?

BTW, it is well documented that 40% (and trending UP - San Jose Mercury News) want to leave Silicon Valley. Not necessarily California, but if you want data, that has to embarrass any civic leader.

Aaron747 wrote:
He acts like some of us didn’t study and make a living at data science :lol:

That's pretty rich, as you continue to use your analogies as data points in the discussion.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 am

mham001 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Right. So you don't dispute the long-term trend. How you think that will all end? Will it be 21 years instead, making you RIGHT about something? Or 22? Or do you consider all this a good thing we should all be happy about?

It isn’t anything *emotional* as you’re making it - it’s just a complex intersection of a long economic boom that coincided with many issues - failures to upgrade infrastructure due to regional provincialism and a shortage of federal dollars for large scale public works that are given to lower population states instead, NIMBYism that slowed housing development, developers’ preferred focus on single family developments (in regions surrounded by mountains - not smart), and failures of ballot initiatives like Prop 10. And people forget the current generation of very comfortable, older CA professional retirees voted for both Prop 13 in 1978 and funding very generous public pension schemes that are coming due on the state books now - those things can’t simply be undone overnight - but they can be put back on the ballot.

A lot of mature economies are facing similar issues in desirable locales of the world, so there will be a process of ongoing change for sure. But the Fox/red staters’ doom and gloom nonsense is, well, just that - as evidenced by the fact inward migration and investment in-state persist to this day.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 am

mham001 wrote:

Anecdotes, not analogies. What business are you in again?

Again you’re not even pretending to source anything or cite the data asked for - it’s all feelz with you.

DL717

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:34 am

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
winginit wrote:

Plenty of hard-working folks who have set up comfortable lives for themselves in CA don’t see it that way. Oh wellz for you. This all just sounds like you’re in this sour grapes patch:

Sour grapes? Amusing. There’s more to life than living 20 feet or less from your neighbor.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:50 am

DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Sour grapes? Amusing. There’s more to life than living 20 feet or less from your neighbor.

Agreed, that’s why when I returned from Japan I settled in the central coast wine country.

wingman

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:06 am

Man, that is some of the most beautiful country I’ve ever seen. Mountains, surfing, horses, wine, great food, open land, diversity out your eyeballs, tolerance, a booming economy borne of the land and tourism, and even churches and hunting f it suits your lifestyle. When you stop and think about it counting up the places in this world with that combination of qualities you could probably count on one hand. You chose well son. I could go between there and Japan the rest of my life and be as content as any person on Earth.

mrgrtt123

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:11 am

https://fox8.com/2019/12/02/police-moth ... rnia-fire/

Look what I have just read now, seriously how can somebody kill his/her own blood?

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:15 am

^ What a dumb post - that crap happens all over the country.

Aaron747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 am

wingman wrote:
Man, that is some of the most beautiful country I’ve ever seen. Mountains, surfing, horses, wine, great food, open land, diversity out your eyeballs, tolerance, a booming economy borne of the land and tourism, and even churches and hunting f it suits your lifestyle. When you stop and think about it counting up the places in this world with that combination of qualities you could probably count on one hand. You chose well son. I could go between there and Japan the rest of my life and be as content as any person on Earth.

With you 100%. And the other places fitting that description with a Mediterranean climate on this earth are either unstable or tough for Americans to attain residency in, unfortunately.

sccutler

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:07 am

seb146 wrote:

This whole right wing notion of "everything in California is evil" really needs to stop. Until you (pl) have lived there, until you (pl) understand that each of the 50 states have their own needs, the whole notion of "leave California behind because they are 'liberal'" is a joke. Just stop it.

I suppose there may be someone who believes "everything" in California is evil - but I haven't met him or her yet.

I had the pleasure of living in California for a while some years back - loved it. Never intended to stay forever - and didn't - but l left for a career change, not to "get away" from anything.

That said, I doubt I'd have stayed long-term, because the politics, and their intrusive impact on many aspects of everyday life, have become fairly extreme for my tastes. But, I miss the superior quality of the fresh fruit and vegetables we got there every day, and there are days in the Texas summer when the bland SoCal weather sounds appealing.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

seb146

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:05 am

sccutler wrote:
seb146 wrote:

This whole right wing notion of "everything in California is evil" really needs to stop. Until you (pl) have lived there, until you (pl) understand that each of the 50 states have their own needs, the whole notion of "leave California behind because they are 'liberal'" is a joke. Just stop it.

I suppose there may be someone who believes "everything" in California is evil - but I haven't met him or her yet.

I had the pleasure of living in California for a while some years back - loved it. Never intended to stay forever - and didn't - but l left for a career change, not to "get away" from anything.

That said, I doubt I'd have stayed long-term, because the politics, and their intrusive impact on many aspects of everyday life, have become fairly extreme for my tastes. But, I miss the superior quality of the fresh fruit and vegetables we got there every day, and there are days in the Texas summer when the bland SoCal weather sounds appealing.

I lived in California for 6-7 years. I never felt "their intrusive impact on many aspects of everyday life". Higher tobacco taxes and oil companies charging more. So? How is that extreme? I would love to live there again. The state health care is good. Public transit is good. Culture is good. As a middle aged white Christian gay man, I feel safer there than much of right-wing MAGA America!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

BN747

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:20 am

seb146 wrote:
[This whole right wing notion of "everything in California is evil" really needs to stop. Until you (pl) have lived there, until you (pl) understand that each of the 50 states have their own needs, the whole notion of "leave California behind because they are 'liberal'" is a joke. Just stop it.

No, it doesn't need to stop...ignorance is legal and some people like hanging on to theirs.
It would certainly be nice if 'those types' would rise from the ignorance pool...but they won't, but instead will past it on from generation to the next.
It's kinda good those false assessments & analogies exist...or all of them would be here too!

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Sounds like the problem is yours. My family and friends are all safe and comfortable with no plans to leave. The next generation is fine too - two of my cousins are RNs, another is a marketing director at Salesforce in SF, another has an auto repair shop and another is an OBGYN at UCSF - she just married a guy from MT who she met in med school and he loves CA. So again, your simplistic narratives are psychological projection at best, and lies at worst.

Yeah, I think he wasted all that time here instead on engineering some type of successful business venture.

..and you are correct, the only residents spewing 'Cali' from their lips are the most clueless and usually live in Riverside, Bakersfield or some cookie cutter housing community, you do not hear people from Malibu down to Palos Verdes uttering 'Cali' anything. It's just not done. Those who are 'tuned in' know it and done need to utter this flimsy nickname unless you're selling a rap album in which case booty call references and bling take up the rest of 'lyrics'...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

SL1200MK2

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:33 pm

BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
[This whole right wing notion of "everything in California is evil" really needs to stop. Until you (pl) have lived there, until you (pl) understand that each of the 50 states have their own needs, the whole notion of "leave California behind because they are 'liberal'" is a joke. Just stop it.

No, it doesn't need to stop...ignorance is legal and some people like hanging on to theirs.
It would certainly be nice if 'those types' would rise from the ignorance pool...but they won't, but instead will past it on from generation to the next.
It's kinda good those false assessments & analogies exist...or all of them would be here too!

Aaron747 wrote:
DL717 wrote:

Yeah, I think he wasted all that time here instead on engineering some type of successful business venture.

..and you are correct, the only residents spewing 'Cali' from their lips are the most clueless and usually live in Riverside, Bakersfield or some cookie cutter housing community, you do not hear people from Malibu down to Palos Verdes uttering 'Cali' anything. It's just not done. Those who are 'tuned in' know it and done need to utter this flimsy nickname unless you're selling a rap album in which case booty call references and bling take up the rest of 'lyrics'...

BN747

I would like to point out, however that LL Cool J does have license to use the word “Cali”, if only for that one song. Thank you sir.

And while I’m here, to my follow Californians, which part of California do you all live in? Just curious.

San Francisco here - Lower Pac Heights

BN747

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:06 am

SL1200MK2 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Aaron747 wrote:

BN747

I would like to point out, however that LL Cool J does have license to use the word “Cali”, if only for that one song. Thank you sir.

When I said ''tuned in' know it and done need to utter this flimsy nickname unless you're selling a rap album in which case booty call references and bling take up the rest of 'lyrics'...

..that rendered your reply, redundant.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

SL1200MK2

Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:57 am

BN747 wrote:
SL1200MK2 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

When I said ''tuned in' know it and done need to utter this flimsy nickname unless you're selling a rap album in which case booty call references and bling take up the rest of 'lyrics'...

..that rendered your reply, redundant.

BN747

True. That was the essence of the joke, which I think may have gone over poorly.