stl07
Topic Author

Chick-fil-A is ending donations criticized by LGBTQ activists

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:45 pm

https://twitter.com/i/events/1196514553321775104

Looks like somebody realized Popeyes is getting a lot of their business. Good on Chik-fil-a though. I won't feel a slight sensation of guilt when I eat there anymore. I found the boycott of the company by some LGBT groups to be a little extra, and I find new boycotts announced by some Alt-right/far-right "evangelicals" to be absurd.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

stl07
Topic Author

Re: Chick-fil-A is ending donations criticized by LGBTQ activists

Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Good thread to read in case you believe that the latter group doesn't exist in America before. Funny to see how triggered they got.https://twitter.com/DLoesch/status/1196493628585238531

Also, the far-right has no clue what the word woke means. I miss the "normal right" whose numbers seem to be dwindling these days.
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

seb146

Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:49 pm

When we talked about this before, we were told by righties that CFA does not contribute to hate groups. Now, CFA says they will stop at some point in the future. That is zero excuse for contributing to hate groups in the past.

BTW, "ramming our agenda down everyone's throats" is literally demanding to be accepted for who we are and being treated equally under the law. Being treated like heterosexual "Christians" and not be forced out of a job or housing because of who we love.

I am all for the heterosexuals to make their choice and stuff, I just am sick and tired of those heterosexuals flaunting their sexual choice in my face.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

TSS

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:42 am

One Twitter person (Twitterite? Twitterer?) tracked down the story to it's source. It may not be quite as big a deal as it is being made out to be- https://twitter.com/alexthechick/status/1196500331410137089
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

elbandgeek

Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:52 am

stratclub wrote:
Seems reasonable to me. The Woke Liberal Left alphabet (LGBTQP) community needs to stop trying to ram their agenda down the vast straight majority's (95% of the population's) throats. Being somewhat conservative, straight and not religious, I do not support a movement that endorses gender reassignment, or normalizing pedophilia (Drag Queen Story Time) to innocent children as young as 3 years old.

My rights don't care about your opinion

seb146

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:26 am

TSS wrote:
One Twitter person (Twitterite? Twitterer?) tracked down the story to it's source. It may not be quite as big a deal as it is being made out to be- https://twitter.com/alexthechick/status/1196500331410137089

And it still does not excuse the board and owners giving money to PACs to take away rights from LGBTQ people. Yes, it is great they are helping kids in Metro Atlanta. But, we should not excuse them for taking away rights from Americans.

stratclub

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:50 am

Agreed. Discrimination is wrong. I can certainly accept that not everyone is wired the same and should be treated with compassion and fairness. We have come a long way with this since the 60's. How accurate is your perception?

stratclub

Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:58 am

elbandgeek wrote:
stratclub wrote:
Seems reasonable to me. The Woke Liberal Left alphabet (LGBTQP) community needs to stop trying to ram their agenda down the vast straight majority's (95% of the population's) throats. Being somewhat conservative, straight and not religious, I do not support a movement that endorses gender reassignment, or normalizing pedophilia (Drag Queen Story Time) to innocent children as young as 3 years old.

No problem there. That's what's great about this country is that we have the right to agree to disagree.

stl07
Topic Author

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:41 am

seb146 wrote:
TSS wrote:

And it still does not excuse the board and owners giving money to PACs to take away rights from LGBTQ people. Yes, it is great they are helping kids in Metro Atlanta. But, we should not excuse them for taking away rights from Americans.

So they realized there mistake and are ending the donations. Isn't that what everyone wanted anyways

elbandgeek

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:17 pm

stratclub wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:
stratclub wrote:

No problem there. That's what's great about this country is that we have the right to agree to disagree.

I have a right to exist. you have a right to deal with it. This is not a matter of opinion,

SL1200MK2

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:11 pm

Perhaps, like any business, they are most interested in money. Maybe they realized that people who support gay rights have better spending power than those who typically are afraid of gay folks.

einsteinboricua

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Damned if you do; damned if you don't.

I've seen a lot of LGBT activists still complaining about how:
1. A little too late
2. They still won't support the chain
3. They're only doing it because of the money and not because they care.

I would consider their end of donations to be a milestone, regardless of the reason, but I guess it doesn't pass the purity test for people who still won't eat there.

It's like a nosy neighbor complaining about the color of your house despite the fact that they don't live in the same street and wouldn't move there anyway.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

luv2cattlecall

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
When we talked about this before, we were told by righties that CFA does not contribute to hate groups. Now, CFA says they will stop at some point in the future. That is zero excuse for contributing to hate groups in the past.

BTW, "ramming our agenda down everyone's throats" is literally demanding to be accepted for who we are and being treated equally under the law. Being treated like heterosexual "Christians" and not be forced out of a job or housing because of who we love.

I am all for the heterosexuals to make their choice and stuff, I just am sick and tired of those heterosexuals flaunting their sexual choice in my face.

To be fair, it sounds like stratclub is perfectly ok with the LGB.. it's the rest of the stuff that he/she seems to have a disagreement with.

luv2cattlecall

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:31 pm

elbandgeek wrote:
stratclub wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:

I have a right to exist. you have a right to deal with it. This is not a matter of opinion,

Where do you draw the conclusion that stratclub is saying you don't have a right to exist? It sounds like he/she is just not on board with normalizing things like "fixing" a girl who in the past would have been called a tomboy by injecting her with puberty blockers and doing plastic surgery.

By saying "you have a right to deal with it," it seems to prove the point about the agenda being rammed down everyone's throats.

DeltaConnection

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:17 pm

Ate there before, will continue eating there. Have to laugh though, they can’t please everyone as many on the far right will start “boycotting” them now and many on the far left will still “boycott” them because “it’s too little too late” or “they’re doing it for money only”.

Also can’t compare them to Popeyes. I’ve only had one unpleasant situation at a Chick Fil A vs many unpleasant situations including having to have someone arrested at Popeyes.

seb146

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

luv2cattlecall wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:
stratclub wrote:

Where do you draw the conclusion that stratclub is saying you don't have a right to exist? It sounds like he/she is just not on board with normalizing things like "fixing" a girl who in the past would have been called a tomboy by injecting her with puberty blockers and doing plastic surgery.

By saying "you have a right to deal with it," it seems to prove the point about the agenda being rammed down everyone's throats.

We know there are trans people who have, in their DNA, feelings of the opposite gender. If someone wants to change genders because they are more comfortable and want to live their life as such, it is no business of mine. I don't get it but it does not matter to me. If it makes someone else happy, someone who I have never met and will never meet, why should I care beyond "do what makes you happy"? To Republicans, however, it is gross and disgusting and goes against God and laws and how dare someone want to be happy. How dare two men live a happy and healthy loving relationship because it goes against God and laws and makes Republicans uncomfortable so let's all invade people's bedrooms.

I should not have to live my life by this narrow definition someone else has for "happiness". If they don't like it, tough. Those are there feelings they have to deal with.

NWAESC

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:44 pm

^All of this^
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

BravoOne

Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:21 pm

seb146 wrote:
luv2cattlecall wrote:
elbandgeek wrote:

We know there are trans people who have, in their DNA, feelings of the opposite gender. If someone wants to change genders because they are more comfortable and want to live their life as such, it is no business of mine. I don't get it but it does not matter to me. If it makes someone else happy, someone who I have never met and will never meet, why should I care beyond "do what makes you happy"? To Republicans, however, it is gross and disgusting and goes against God and laws and how dare someone want to be happy. How dare two men live a happy and healthy loving relationship because it goes against God and laws and makes Republicans uncomfortable so let's all invade people's bedrooms.

I should not have to live my life by this narrow definition someone else has for "happiness". If they don't like it, tough. Those are there feelings they have to deal with.

Please tell us that you don't think there are any gay Republicans???

MaverickM11

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:32 pm

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
luv2cattlecall wrote:

Chickens for Colonel Sanders. Yes, some gays place a higher priority on their white supremacy and/or money than they do on their equality. Fact of life.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:48 pm

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
luv2cattlecall wrote:

Which has to do with what exactly?

The largest number of anti-LGBTQ people are Republican. There are LGBTQ supportive Republicans but they are very few in number. What does that have to do with CFA giving to hate groups? What does that have to do with right wing extremists telling me who I can and can not date, love, marry, and do naughty things with?

EDIT:

A friend passed on this article

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamiewareh ... yef1uMvHm0

Thirty transgender people in the United States have been murdered over the past year. Just for being. That is called "being triggered" if someone simply existing causes someone else to murder them. This is why we need to speak out against these groups CFA donates to. This is why we need to educate people. This culture of "I don't like how that person looks so they need to die" must stop.

BravoOne

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:13 am

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The largest number of anti-LGBTQ people are Republican. There are LGBTQ supportive Republicans but they are very few in number. What does that have to do with CFA giving to hate groups? What does that have to do with right wing extremists telling me who I can and can not date, love, marry, and do naughty things with?

EDIT:

Thirty transgender people in the United States have been murdered over the past year. Just for being. That is called "being triggered" if someone simply existing causes someone else to murder them. This is why we need to speak out against these groups CFA donates to. This is why we need to educate people. This culture of "I don't like how that person looks so they need to die" must stop.

Your friends article is pure fantasy. Keep up the BS. I had a CFA lunch today and I harbor no ill will against any LGBT groups.

seb146

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:39 am

BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

EDIT:

Your friends article is pure fantasy. Keep up the BS. I had a CFA lunch today and I harbor no ill will against any LGBT groups.

I am sorry you don't think 30 transgender Americans were murdered for being.

Saying you had CFA for lunch but have nothing against LGBTQ people is the equivalent of "I'm not racist but..." isn't it?

stl07
Topic Author

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:53 am

seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
seb146 wrote:

EDIT:

Saying you had CFA for lunch but have nothing against LGBTQ people is the equivalent of "I'm not racist but..." isn't it?

But aren't they halting the donations? Which means having CFA no longer means anything about gays.

MaverickM11

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:00 am

BravoOne wrote:
I had a CFA lunch today and I harbor no ill will against any LGBT groups.

That's probably why no one is protesting you. Do you understand how corporate donations work? Seems like you don't.
E pur si muove -Galileo

hashtagconfused

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 am

do the people that are outraged over chick fil a, one way or the other, vet the owners, investors, board members, etc of every business they go to? how do they know that the local franchise owner of popeye's for example has political views and only makes donations to organizations in line with their own view?

SanDiegoLover

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 am

Now the wingnuts are upset that CFA is “caving” to teh gays. https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/11/ ... qus_thread

hashtagconfused

Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:14 am

are there calls to boycott all the other businesses that donate to the salvation army? why does it seem chick fil a is being singled out; is it because they are a christian company?

MaverickM11

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:18 am

hashtagconfused wrote:
are there calls to boycott all the other businesses that donate to the salvation army?

Yes.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=salvation+army+boycott

hashtagconfused wrote:
is it because they are a christian company?

Seeing as republican christians are dead set on reminding every last man, woman, and child that it is synonymous with discrimination and wholesale grifting, you might be onto something!
E pur si muove -Galileo

hashtagconfused

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:25 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
hashtagconfused wrote:
are there calls to boycott all the other businesses that donate to the salvation army?

Yes.

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=salvation+army+boycott

hashtagconfused wrote:
is it because they are a christian company?

Seeing as republican christians are dead set on reminding every last man, woman, and child that it is synonymous with discrimination and wholesale grifting, you might be onto something!

ironic you used google since they are one of salvation army's partners. and your search result does not does display calls to boycott many of the other large businesses that support the salvation army.

seb146

Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:49 am

stl07 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BravoOne wrote:

But aren't they halting the donations? Which means having CFA no longer means anything about gays.

They will suspend funding to Salvation Army (anti-LGBTQ) and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (anti-LGBTQ) but leaves open the possibility of starting those donations in the future. They also did not apologize or make amends for funding anti-LGBTQ groups in the past. And, board members can still continue to donate to anti-LGBTQ candidates and causes.

For the record, my list of fast food chicken chains from best to worst (my personal favorites):

1. Church's
2. Popeye's
3. Zaxby's
4. KFC

NWAESC

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

hashtagconfused wrote:
do the people that are outraged over chick fil a, one way or the other, vet the owners, investors, board members, etc of every business they go to? how do they know that the local franchise owner of popeye's for example has political views and only makes donations to organizations in line with their own view?

I'm not a fan of performative outrage, but inasmuch as is possible, I try to align my spending with my values.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."