Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

alfa164

Re: Trump issues pardons in war crimes cases, despite Pentagon opposition to the move

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:43 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
It’s not like Obama didn’t do the exact same thing over Bowe Bergdahl. Oh, wait, he did. Point being, untutored Presidents should keep out of military proceedings until the appropriate time. Let the case ripen.

Oh, wait, he didn't. Bergdahl was returned to the United States and tried before a military court; his sentence was upheld my the Military Court of Appeals Obama - nor Hillary, who will probably be next in line for your comments, nor the Bidens, scoundrels though you think they are - had anything to do with Bergdhal's sentencing.

Facts are stubborn things. Too bad they get in the way of your narrative.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

alfa164

Re: Trump issues pardons in war crimes cases, despite Pentagon opposition to the move

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:45 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons/2019/11/19/trump-daily-demolition/
It could not be said better or shown

I like it! I like this one, too:

https://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons/2 ... p-defense/

WarRI1

Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:58 am

alfa164 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons/2019/11/19/trump-daily-demolition/
It could not be said better or shown

I like it! I like this one, too:

https://www.davegranlund.com/cartoons/2 ... p-defense/

He is a Master at this for sure, certainly a match for the far right hate machine.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Thunderboltdrgn

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:24 pm

It seems that the White House / POTUS won't intervene after all.?
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/24/poli ... index.html

Washington (CNN)The Navy was notified the White House will not intervene to stop an ongoing review of whether SEAL Eddie Gallagher
should be kicked out, a Navy official and a military official confirmed to CNN on Sunday.
Navy officials had previously said White House staff had advised them that the review could continue.
An administration official told CNN on Saturday that the Pentagon was strongly urging the White House to let military discipline measures run their course
without interference, meaning that military officials want to be able to make the decision about Gallagher's fate without President Donald Trump weighing in.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:57 am

things change by the hour, with this story. now the secretary of the navy used backchannel with Trump to propose a secret deal and got fired what is going on with the chain of command? Why would the Secretary of the Navy go right to Trump? instead of following the chain of command. What a idiot.

alfa164

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:07 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
things change by the hour, with this story. now the secretary of the navy used backchannel with Trump to propose a secret deal and got fired what is going on with the chain of command? Why would the Secretary of the Navy go right to Trump? instead of following the chain of command. What a idiot.

It is an administration full of idiots. I am surprised the Secretary of Defense hasn't been told by Trump the Navy Secretary will not be removed... told by tweet, of course.

:roll:

casinterest

Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:22 am

alfa164 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

It is an administration full of idiots. I am surprised the Secretary of Defense hasn't been told by Trump the Navy Secretary will not be removed... told by tweet, of course.

:roll:

Both positions are political appointees by Trump. so either way, Trump messed up here.
Where ever you go, there you are.

extender

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:02 pm

Amusing, Obama sacks McChrystal, and what? No one bats an eye. Obama deals for Bergdahl, doesn't say a thing to Pelosi. All unilateral decisions. Trump exercises his authority, and the usual suspects are wringing their hands. "Oh, look, another count for impeachment." The SECNAV gets sacked, so be it. Some of these chairborne commandos need to be slapped down from time to time.

casinterest

Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:50 pm

extender wrote:
Amusing, Obama sacks McChrystal, and what? No one bats an eye. Obama deals for Bergdahl, doesn't say a thing to Pelosi. All unilateral decisions. Trump exercises his authority, and the usual suspects are wringing their hands. "Oh, look, another count for impeachment." The SECNAV gets sacked, so be it. Some of these chairborne commandos need to be slapped down from time to time.

Really going back to old history? How about you explain what happened with McChrstal?

Berghdahl, was an incendiary move. but the right one considering he go justice under US law, and still stood trial.
Trump exercised his Authority to pardon men that were held accountable by their fellow officers for doing wrong. This is an issue of integrity and the rule of law. Trump is undermining it at every step. He has every right to fire his appointees, but it just shows a lack of judgment and planning with them that got Trump to this point. A good leader would have told his team what was going to happen and why. A bad one has to go looking for new appointees.

extender

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:15 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump exercised his Authority to pardon men that were held accountable by their fellow officers for doing wrong.

Was Gallagher convicted? Simple yes or no will do.

casinterest

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:19 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump exercised his Authority to pardon men that were held accountable by their fellow officers for doing wrong.

Yes.

extender

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Wrong, try again.

After deliberating for about two hours, the jury acquitted Chief Gallagher of murder, attempted murder and obstruction of justice charges.

Link

windy95

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Yes.

Yes for posing with a corpse, nothing else. No one else was charged that appeared in that picture. The Military justice system definitely needs to be revamped. Good to see a President protecting the troops from overzealous commanders looking to make rank. More Trump Derangement Syndrome.

casinterest

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:29 pm

extender wrote:
Wrong, try again.

After deliberating for about two hours, the jury acquitted Chief Gallagher of murder, attempted murder and obstruction of justice charges.

Link

Not wrong. Trump had to pardon something.
You need to read all the charges contained in the full article, and look deeply into what occurred. and under whose command was the "confessed killer" ?

windy95

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:37 pm

casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
Wrong, try again.

Link

You need to read all the charges contained in the full article, and look deeply into what occurred. and under whose command was the "confessed killer" ?

Yes he pardoned the picture with the corpse. The picture that had 20 other people in it that never were charged for the same incident.

casinterest

Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:53 pm

windy95 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
extender wrote:
Wrong, try again.

Yes he pardoned the picture with the corpse. The picture that had 20 other people in it that never were charged for the same incident.

And yet he was convicted by his peers, and Trump pardoned him.
Let it also be know that Several SEALS swore in affadavits that Gallagher killed the soldier, but at trial, a person with prosecution immunity recanted and changed their story to the point that they themselves did it. So now that Trump has pardoned all, no one stands for justice in a murder that occurred within a military unit.

It stands to reason that Trump and the Navy have a discipline and chain of command issue that goes throughout the organization, and these pardons did not make it better.

winginit

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:08 pm

extender wrote:
casinterest wrote:

I'm perplexed why Gallagher is getting all of the attention here. Clint Lorance was convicted clear as day of two counts of second degree murder in addition to obstruction of justice and was serving his time in prison. Nine members of his own platoon testified against him. For Trump to cast aside that verdict and punishment undermines the Military Code of Justice.

Furthermore, Trump didn't even let Mathew Golsteyn's case go to trial, which it was scheduled to do next year for his murder, and admission of such, of a civilian followed by a cover-up in burning the body. Once again, for Trump to undermine the Military process is disgraceful, but not surprising.

Trump continues to show that he's entirely incompetent in all things foreign policy, and while I haven't seen poll data that backs this up, I'll bet his support among the military has notably declined during his three years. How embarrassing to be reminded nearly every that the man you ultimately report to cares only for himself.

windy95

Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 pm

In the Lorance case all 9 members of his unit being considered for the "murder" had been given immunity for testifying against him. As for the two counts of "murder" there was nothing clear about it. Another pardon well executed by the Commander in Chief.

LittleSprocket

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:37 pm

I knew that I’d see this posted here. What don’t you people understand about the Presidents authority over the military as Commander in Chief? The Pentagon reports to him, not the other way around. That’s how a constitutional republic works. If you want a military dictatorship, go to Venezuela.

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:47 pm

windy95 wrote:
In the Lorance case all 9 members of his unit being considered for the "murder" had been given immunity for testifying against him. As for the two counts of "murder" there was nothing clear about it. Another pardon well executed by the Commander in Chief.

We’re to believe Gallagher is innocent because someone under immunity recanted but Lorance is innocent because 9 people were under immunity? Do I have that right?
I don't take responsibility at all

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:01 am

LittleSprocket wrote:
I knew that I’d see this posted here. What don’t you people understand about the Presidents authority over the military as Commander in Chief? The Pentagon reports to him, not the other way around. That’s how a constitutional republic works. If you want a military dictatorship, go to Venezuela.

Oh I am sure they love war criminals there too

BN747

Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:50 am

LittleSprocket wrote:

And why don't people like you, see that we have a an fully grown Adult man playing with our military like most of did when we wre 3-7 years old? Literally! That's how he views the world's mightiest military as a tool to with it whatever he wishes?

That's okay with you?
He's the commander in chief is all you need to hear, to use it for whatever he wants?

You think a man who had his father pressure a doctor to issues false documents stating his bone spurs excuses him from Vietnam,
the same man trashing the true heroes of America's wars Goldstar Khizaer Khan's son,
the same man trashing military veterans like the late Sen. McCain,
The same man trashing the reputation of Impeachment witness the esteemed Col. Vindman

...a man who has no idea what the US military consist of, it's capabilities, it's missions, it's strategies...is a perfect, no...an acceptable mind to be wielding US Military might?

If but 'He's the commander in chief' wipes all the above out of the mind for consideration from where the nod to kill millions may emerge? This is okay with you?

If you decide to answer....let's see how honest you'll be.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

WarRI1

Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:59 am

I think maybe the former living Presidents should speak up about this Moronic Madman we have in office, because of the danger to us all from his actions. Who has ever seen such a gigantic cover up such as this which is being perpetrated by the Republican Party.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

SanDiegoLover

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:15 am

extender wrote:

“Chairborn commandos”.....perfect definition for President Bonespurs and his only hiring the “best people”, political appointee SECNAV.

If any CEO had this much turnover in staff specifically hired by that CEO, as Trump has done, would have been fired months/years ago.

extender

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:08 pm

At the end of the day, Trump sided with the person who was wronged, falsely accused. That is a win in my book. Not those REMFs who patted themselves on the back for this sham legal proceeding. Oh, let's poll past presidents... The current President doesn't have to listen to anyone's sniveling.

Aaron747

Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:32 pm

BN747 wrote:
LittleSprocket wrote:

And why don't people like you, see that we have a an fully grown Adult man playing with our military like most of did when we wre 3-7 years old? Literally! That's how he views the world's mightiest military as a tool to with it whatever he wishes?

That's okay with you?
He's the commander in chief is all you need to hear, to use it for whatever he wants?

You think a man who had his father pressure a doctor to issues false documents stating his bone spurs excuses him from Vietnam,
the same man trashing the true heroes of America's wars Goldstar Khizaer Khan's son,
the same man trashing military veterans like the late Sen. McCain,
The same man trashing the reputation of Impeachment witness the esteemed Col. Vindman

...a man who has no idea what the US military consist of, it's capabilities, it's missions, it's strategies...is a perfect, no...an acceptable mind to be wielding US Military might?

If but 'He's the commander in chief' wipes all the above out of the mind for consideration from where the nod to kill millions may emerge? This is okay with you?

If you decide to answer....let's see how honest you'll be.

BN747

Now now we don’t know he asked daddy to concoct the bone spurs - after all the doc was his daddy’s tenant. He may have just gone along with it because thinking wasn’t really young Donnie’s game now was it?
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

bennett123

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:06 pm

I have a beachfront property in Arizona.

Aaron747

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 pm

The thing is - he arguments from Trump sycophants here are just silly, whether or not they have served, there is hardly any credibility. I’ll take the opinions of West Point instructors saying this sets a bad precedent over any fanboy forumers.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

extender

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:25 pm

The only credibility is yours and the other haters?

Here is an OpEd in the Navy Times by Gallagher's brother.

A true investigation by unbiased investigators would have quashed it before it began. It came as a surprise to most everyone that it was actually Eddie who requested the investigation. His officer in charge testified that, tired of rumors fueled by disgruntled subordinates, Eddie requested an investigation so he could clear his name and get back to work.

Warriors are hated by the REMFs, and that is what took place here.

Aaron747

Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:36 pm

I don't know what 'haters' means - that's a term juveniles use on campus, not grown men.

And yes, there is no credibility among some of you - a consistent slew of fact-free diatribes with almost zero citations, and when they do come, they are sourced from discredited figures (John Solomon, anyone?) and the bowels of yellow journalism. We do still live in fact-based world, where x cc's of a given drug cocktail will achieve the desired result at x kg of body mass, and y pounds of pressure at a flex point on an aluminum panel will generate a crack. Your kind, excusing wrongdoing when it suits, treating science and journalism as just another hustle, and throwing fantasies around like they're going out of style, shall not prevail.

And here are op-eds by vets and professionals completely opposite yours:

https://qz.com/1625838/us-veterans-are- ... gallagher/

https://time.com/5731655/trumps-pardons-soldiers-war/

https://thebulwark.com/anti-war-pro-war-criminal/

wingman

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:30 pm

extender wrote:

Your Op Ed was written by his own brother. The troops that served with him in war reported him for murder and torture, many of whom were unarmed civilians, both children and the elderly. Are you saying the warriors hate the warriors too? They go through shit none of us here will ever understand, but some of them, just like in the civilian world, are either born psychopaths or turn into them. They enjoy killing and torture of non-combatants. Killing a single unarmed civilian by mistake or in some fit of rage after a deadly attack is one thing..this sick piece of shit sought it out, and his own troops turned him in. Try to imagine how far off the reservation Gallagher had to go for his own men to do that. But you side with a man so chicken shit he faked his own medical record out of pure cowardice and lack of love for his country and fellow American servicemen over the Navy SEALS that witnessed his actions in the field.

dmg626

Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:40 pm

wingman wrote:
extender wrote:

Your Op Ed was written by his own brother. The troops that served with him in war reported him for murder and torture, many of whom were unarmed civilians, both children and the elderly. Are you saying the warriors hate the warriors too? They go through shit none of us here will ever understand, but some of them, just like in the civilian world, are either born psychopaths or turn into them. They enjoy killing and torture of non-combatants. Killing a single unarmed civilian by mistake or in some fit of rage after a deadly attack is one thing..this sick piece of shit sought it out, and his own troops turned him in. Try to imagine how far off the reservation Gallagher had to go for his own men to do that. But you side with a man so chicken shit he faked his own medical record out of pure cowardice and lack of love for his country and fellow American servicemen over the Navy SEALS that witnessed his actions in the field.

Private Joker asked the door gunner “how can you shoot women and children”? Door gunner replies, “easy, you don’t lead em so much, ain’t war hell”

alfa164

Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:56 pm

War criminals and turkeys - not to mention a rogue Arizona sheriff - are deemed worthy of pardons by this president.

I'll bet Rudy is next on that list...

;)

Tugger

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Gallagher continues to prove the piece of scum he is. He is not worthy of the any honor accorded to him by others.
In a three-minute video posted to his Facebook page and Instagram account Monday, retired Chief Special Operator Edward Gallagher, 40, referred to some members of his former platoon as “cowards” and highlighted names, photos and — for those still on active duty — their duty status and current units, something former SEALs say places those men — and the Navy’s mission — in jeopardy.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... gainst-him

This coward who hides behind the coattails of others to get him off tries to pawn off on other what he himself deeply is. What a pathetic excuse of a human being.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:25 pm

Tugger wrote:
Gallagher continues to prove the piece of scum he is. He is not worthy of the any honor accorded to him by others.
In a three-minute video posted to his Facebook page and Instagram account Monday, retired Chief Special Operator Edward Gallagher, 40, referred to some members of his former platoon as “cowards” and highlighted names, photos and — for those still on active duty — their duty status and current units, something former SEALs say places those men — and the Navy’s mission — in jeopardy.

This coward who hides behind the coattails of others to get him off tries to pawn off on other what he himself deeply is. What a pathetic excuse of a human being.

Tugg

I wouldn't expect anything less. In fact if I was his wife I'd join witness protection and disappear asap. This guy will end up on a 48 hours story, and not as the hero.

SanDiegoLover

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Tugger wrote:

Tugg

I posted on another thread right after Trump stepped into this dogpile of shyte, that Gallagher would end up being a worse human than Trevon Martin’s killer George Zimmerman got shown to be.

910A

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 pm

I would expect that Mr. Gallagher will be visited by some law enforcement types real soon.

CitizenJustin

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:35 am

MSPNWA wrote:
"Pentagon opposition" - means it's likely a good thing. Good for Trump to oppose the Pentagon. Those with TDS won't get it.

Yes and this proves your blind allegiance to Trump. Aren’t conservatives tough on crime? I guess not when Trump says it’s ok. It’s like your values go right out the door the moment Trump speaks. It’s sad.

Aaron747

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
"Pentagon opposition" - means it's likely a good thing. Good for Trump to oppose the Pentagon. Those with TDS won't get it.

Yes and this proves your blind allegiance to Trump. Aren’t conservatives tough on crime? I guess not when Trump says it’s ok. It’s like your values go right out the door the moment Trump speaks. It’s sad.

Worse than that - it’s mental illness - the real TDS.