DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:15 am

I got talked into seeing Ford VS Ferrari my husband picks one time, I pick the next time. I was pleasantly surprised that a racing movie could be so good. Great True story. I guess they are still making great movies. Hope this wasn't just a fluke. Please share great movies you've seen this holiday season.
 
mrgrtt123
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:09 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:12 am

Do you have any specific movie genre that you personally prefer?
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:31 am

Talking of racing movies, did you see Rush? I believe that's another great racing movie. However, I have to admit that I'm old enough to remember the battle between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, so I really enjoyed it.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 1903
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:36 am

WildcatYXU wrote:
Talking of racing movies, did you see Rush? I believe that's another great racing movie. However, I have to admit that I'm old enough to remember the battle between Niki Lauda and James Hunt, so I really enjoyed it.


Totally agree. Daniel Bruhl looks and acts like Niki Lauda, I felt that he was robbed of an Oscar for his role.

I mean, the man himself liked what he saw and Lauda isn't an easy man to please.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
chimborazo
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:15 am

Rocketman. I thought it would be shite... and I like Elton John music!

I was blown away. It’s great. Very well made film. It’s more of a stage musical in film but it works really well.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 9924
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:33 am

An older but not well-known film if you like racing, check out Anthony Hopkins in ‘The World’s Fastest Indian’ about a small town New Zealander with big American racing dreams.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
Airstud
Posts: 4730
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:53 am

I finally fixed the Verizon/Disney+/HDMI connection issue I was having, so last night with the snow storm raging I finally got to see Frozen. That is an A+ piece of entertainment.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
kellyon
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:17 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:57 am

Last Christmas (2019) - 7/10

A mixed modern Christmas movie which just about manages to balance the heartbreak and joy amongst the not-so traditional festivities.
The plot's not that great and it didn't really get me in the Christmas mood, but it was a lot better than I was expecting.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 5725
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:37 pm

I enjoyed A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:44 am

chimborazo wrote:
Rocketman. I thought it would be shite... and I like Elton John music!

I was blown away. It’s great. Very well made film. It’s more of a stage musical in film but it works really well.


I saw him in concert in Vegas with my daughter, and I couldn't stop crying, his music brings back so many wonderful movies.
if it plays like a stage musical, then it's a must-see.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Posts: 5725
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:45 am

My all time favorite movie is Tooth Fairy 2 featuring Larry the Cable Guy. I thought this thread was about recent movies, but since others seem to be mentioning past movies as well, I might as well mention it.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2060
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:16 am

This seems interesting....

The Aeronauts

In 1862, daredevil balloon pilot Amelia Wren (Felicity Jones) teams up with pioneering meteorologist James Glaisher (Eddie Redmayne) to advance human knowledge of the weather and fly higher than anyone in history. While breaking records and advancing scientific discovery, their voyage to the very edge of existence helps the unlikely pair find their place in the world they have left far below them. But they face physical and emotional challenges in the thin air, as the ascent becomes a fight for survival.

» In theaters December 6th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm4VnwCtQO8
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21046
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:22 am

We saw Frozen 2. Even with all the kids in the theater and the guy sitting next to me singing along, it was still a fantastic movie.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I got talked into seeing Ford VS Ferrari my husband picks one time, I pick the next time. I was pleasantly surprised that a racing movie could be so good. Great True story. I guess they are still making great movies. Hope this wasn't just a fluke. Please share great movies you've seen this holiday season.


I can also recommend that movie (although the US title is far less appealing than the title for the German market: "Le Mans 66"). Great actors - Christian Bale takes the cake -, a reasonable plot which is as close to the historical truth as one can expect from Hollywood, good camera work and a cool soundtrack (you can listen to it on youtube). For the weekend, I am planning to watch "Le Mans", Steve McQueen's version from 1971.

As for other movies, I can't help, sorry.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:16 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
chimborazo wrote:
Rocketman. I thought it would be shite... and I like Elton John music!

I was blown away. It’s great. Very well made film. It’s more of a stage musical in film but it works really well.


I saw him in concert in Vegas with my daughter, and I couldn't stop crying, his music brings back so many wonderful memories.
if it plays like a stage musical, then it's a must-see.
 
DLFREEBIRD
Topic Author
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:20 pm

I am going to watch it as well. I didn't know it existed. I concur Christian Bale did a great job.
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:29 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I got talked into seeing Ford VS Ferrari my husband picks one time, I pick the next time. I was pleasantly surprised that a racing movie could be so good. Great True story. I guess they are still making great movies. Hope this wasn't just a fluke. Please share great movies you've seen this holiday season.


I can also recommend that movie (although the US title is far less appealing than the title for the German market: "Le Mans 66"). Great actors - Christian Bale takes the cake -, a reasonable plot which is as close to the historical truth as one can expect from Hollywood, good camera work and a cool soundtrack (you can listen to it on youtube). For the weekend, I am planning to watch "Le Mans", Steve McQueen's version from 1971.

As for other movies, I can't help, sorry.


You haven't seen Steve McQueen's Le Mans yet? :eyepopping:
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 623
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:59 pm

Of course I have. It's a rerun...
 
User avatar
WildcatYXU
Posts: 3134
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: any good movies you want to recommend

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:05 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Of course I have. It's a rerun...


And now I have to watch it again as well.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfa164, Dano1977, DNDTUF, flyguy89, MareBorealis, Number6, ParkFSI, prebennorholm and 56 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos