426Shadow
Topic Author

This Website is turning into the Fox News comment section.

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Let me explain.

If you ever go to any article on the Fox News website, no matter what the story is it will somehow turn into a political liberal bashing festival. Go ahead and check it out. I don't care what the article is about.

That being said, it seems like this site that its getting to the point where the 737 Max and the FAA is thrown into almost every single conversation that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's getting old to be frank, and bashing them on this site doesn't change a thing. Maybe they should just lock every topic except the 737 Max topic since way to many topics end up going that route anyway.

Rant over.
We are all just fanboys, our opinions don't make or break businesses.

T54A

Re: This Website is turning into the Fox News comment section.

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:46 pm

I find two glasses of red wine help
T6, Allouette 3, Oryx, King Air, B1900, B727, B744, A319, A342/3/6 A332/3

Aaron747

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:12 am

^ And a meaningful private life as well
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Airstud

Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:26 am

^ And not tuning in to Fox News in the first place
Pancakes are delicious.

NIKV69

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:39 am

I don't know about you but I only watch Fox when Kennedy is on. She is a hottie.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:56 am

I don't know who Kennedy is, but if she's the typical Fox news fixture, a blonde who wears tight clothes and keeps crossing and uncrossing their legs every two minutes. I'll pass.

Op, yes, they digress quickly on that site.

chimborazo

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:40 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't know about you but I only watch Fox when Kennedy is on. She is a hottie.

You’re having a giraffe... a bubble bath... (a laugh) right?

seb146

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:46 am

chimborazo wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

To each their own. I didn't "get her" when she was on MTV but it was about the time Daria was a thing so I just figured she was a human manifestation of Daria.

I think the OP does not go far enough. It is not just Fox and "liberal bashing" but this sense of entitlement the MAGA fans have. The actually believe everything is fixed starting in November 2016 and will continue to be until their dear orange leader stops occupying the White House. WHEN that happens, there will be outrage from them. They honestly believe everything is perfect now. No evidence at all, no facts to back it up. They are told that over and over so they believe it. They tell everyone else who dares post facts that those facts are fake and wrong.

They want "everyone" to have a voice and "everyone" to take part in democracy in the United States but when we actually do, we are told how terrible we are and called all sorts of nasty names. Which is it?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Aaron747

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:23 am

This is definitely not the Fox comment section - that place is a veritable nexus of triggered SJWs, mouth breathing MAGAts, and Russian/Chinese trollbots.

As for Kennedy - never a big deal. As for Daria, my fiancee is basically her - dry wit with a target on everyone and anything, but a lot more attractive. No time of day for basics, or anyone with subpar IQ.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aesma

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:31 am

426Shadow wrote:
Let me explain.

If you ever go to any article on the Fox News website, no matter what the story is it will somehow turn into a political liberal bashing festival. Go ahead and check it out. I don't care what the article is about.

That being said, it seems like this site that its getting to the point where the 737 Max and the FAA is thrown into almost every single conversation that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It's getting old to be frank, and bashing them on this site doesn't change a thing. Maybe they should just lock every topic except the 737 Max topic since way to many topics end up going that route anyway.

Rant over.

I was watching a youtube video on autonomous cars, and somehow the 737 Max got mentioned...by some government official from the department of transportation.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

NIKV69

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:39 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I don't know who Kennedy is, but if she's the typical Fox news fixture, a blonde who wears tight clothes and keeps crossing and uncrossing their legs every two minutes. I'll pass.

Au Contraire she is a Brunette that is totally hot. Mercedes Colwin too. Totally hot.

chimborazo wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

No, Kennedy is damn cute man.

seb146 wrote:
chimborazo wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

To each their own. I didn't "get her" when she was on MTV but it was about the time Daria was a thing so I just figured she was a human manifestation of Daria.

I think she is closer to Daria's friend Jane.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

DLFREEBIRD

Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:14 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Au Contraire she is a Brunette that is totally hot. Mercedes Colwin too. Totally hot.

chimborazo wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

had to go take a peek, at her photo. If's she smart, I get it. Smarts can look attractive, but i got to say she looks a lot like Rachel Maddow

WarRI1

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 pm

But that is OK in the world of trump and trumpets. Obviously there was a lot of feeling as well as favoring to get and stay on the leg show on fox news. Kennedy does her share of that to stay cool and in the spotlight. I myself find her neither attractive nor informative. Typical wacko of the right on fox news.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

CaptHadley

Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:22 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Oh hell yes, she's stunning!

Jetty

Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 am

As a non-American all I know about Fox News is that it’s fair and balanced. What can be the problem with that? :?

Dieuwer

Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:44 am

There is no reason to actually have a "non aviation" forum in the first place.
If you want to be political or nasty, go to Flyertalk OMNI. ;)

trpmb6

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Haha this is rich. In a topic meant to point out how the FAA and Boeing get bashed unfairly we have devolved into (what is typical of non-av) a bash fest of conservatives.

I agree with OP. I'm tired of how everything devolves into senseless arguments. The 777x testing thread is really pissing me off. As far as I can tell me and maybe one or two others are the only folks here who have actually tested aircraft components and my discussion points seem to fall on deaf ears. A couple of "great post!" Trickle in but it quickly returns to how Boeing is trying to deceive people. As if.

readytotaxi

Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:24 pm

I went to the website and they said the glass was half empty, I could have sworn it was half full.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

seb146

Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:12 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
Haha this is rich. In a topic meant to point out how the FAA and Boeing get bashed unfairly we have devolved into (what is typical of non-av) a bash fest of conservatives.

I agree with OP. I'm tired of how everything devolves into senseless arguments. The 777x testing thread is really pissing me off. As far as I can tell me and maybe one or two others are the only folks here who have actually tested aircraft components and my discussion points seem to fall on deaf ears. A couple of "great post!" Trickle in but it quickly returns to how Boeing is trying to deceive people. As if.

To be fair, the first shot was against MSNBC so.....

Back more on topic:

I wonder how many components can be manufactured using light weight rare metals? I heard a report a while back that China had a corner on many precious metals we need for building things like aircraft and cars. Is there a substitute for these light weight rare metals? A substitute of the same weight and conductivity? What about carbon fiber being used in conjunction with light metals?

QF7

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 pm

I know absolutely nothing about the comment section of Fox News and fully intend to maintain my ignorance. However, the fixation of various posters on this site on the legs of Fox hosts is... well, adolescent, and adds NOTHING to the quality of discussions. Same for those posters on other threads who want all FAs to be 20 and ex-cheerleaders. There’s a lot to be said for adulthood - I recommend it!
QF7

trpmb6

Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:25 pm

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Back more on topic:

I wonder how many components can be manufactured using light weight rare metals? I heard a report a while back that China had a corner on many precious metals we need for building things like aircraft and cars. Is there a substitute for these light weight rare metals? A substitute of the same weight and conductivity? What about carbon fiber being used in conjunction with light metals?

China has a pretty big hold on lithium. But lithium is horrible to mine too. Russia has a hold on titanium. Some in Canada but not nearly as much as russia. Did you know the CIA set up shell companies to buy titanium from russia so we could build the SR71 to spy on them? That's just beautiful to me.

Carbon fiber is the future from a cost and supply chain perspective. Everyone likes to think aluminum-lithium is the next step but it's just not cost effective, nor environmentally friendly.

casinterest

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:36 am

I only watch fox news when I am researching bad media.
Where ever you go, there you are.

seb146

Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:28 am

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

Back more on topic:

China has a pretty big hold on lithium. But lithium is horrible to mine too. Russia has a hold on titanium. Some in Canada but not nearly as much as russia. Did you know the CIA set up shell companies to buy titanium from russia so we could build the SR71 to spy on them? That's just beautiful to me.

Carbon fiber is the future from a cost and supply chain perspective. Everyone likes to think aluminum-lithium is the next step but it's just not cost effective, nor environmentally friendly.

Yes. This. This is what I like reading.

Not just lithium or titanium. I thought there were other light precious metals used for engine components. I guess I could google it.

trpmb6

Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:51 pm

seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Back more on topic:

Not just lithium or titanium. I thought there were other light precious metals used for engine components. I guess I could google it.

I'm not as well versed on the materials used on engine components. I know they use a lot of nickel based alloys due to temperatures, but unaware of anything super exotic. Maybe lightsaber can chime in, he has a background in engines.

lightsaber wrote:

seb146

Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:59 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:

I'm not as well versed on the materials used on engine components. I know they use a lot of nickel based alloys due to temperatures, but unaware of anything super exotic. Maybe lightsaber can chime in, he has a background in engines.

lightsaber wrote:

I would like to find out. There are constant reports of drug addicts stealing catalytic converters from cars for the precious metals. I was wondering if aircraft components have similar metals.