MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17808
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 pm

Sounds a bit like the most recent Hillary investigation that also came up with bupkis:

"The prosecutor handpicked by Attorney General William P. Barr to scrutinize how U.S. agencies investigated President Trump’s 2016 campaign said he could not offer evidence to the Justice Department’s inspector general to support the suspicions of some conservatives that the case was a setup by American intelligence, people familiar with the matter said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... HEJBRF6qyo
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 am

Because Fox News and the GOP only sell Viagra and overpriced property to their victims/ Viewers.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:45 am

I wonder if the mods can make this article a sticky for all our troubled conspiracy compromised Anet members?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10364
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 am

But...but...Hannity promised Durham was going to come in with a pile of indictments and the dirty FBI was gonna fry...what gives?!
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
afcjets
Posts: 3056
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:05 am

casinterest wrote:
Because Fox News and the GOP only sell Viagra and overpriced property to their victims/ Viewers.


You obviously don't know what you're talking about. AFAIC they should change their name to the My Pillow Network.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3131
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:20 am

alfa164 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Because Fox News and the GOP only sell Viagra and overpriced property to their victims/ Viewers.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. AFAIC they should change their name to the My Pillow Network.


Better yet the "My Security Blanket" Network; they try to reassure the dingbats and conspiracy theorists on the far right that they aren't mindless numbskulls after all...

:roll:

.

- and since when has knowing what you are talking about ever been a criterion of any fan of Faux News?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:25 am

Aaron747 wrote:
But...but...Hannity promised Durham was going to come in with a pile of indictments and the dirty FBI was gonna fry...what gives?!


It’s been amusing to see Breitbarters tout all these people like Durham as saviors and post Trump/Durham 2020 KAG nonsense. I’ve watched them do the same exact thing with Gowdy, Sessions, Nunes,et al...only to turn on them the second they don’t keep up with the Fabulist in Chief.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11688
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:31 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
But...but...Hannity promised Durham was going to come in with a pile of indictments and the dirty FBI was gonna fry...what gives?!


It’s been amusing to see Breitbarters tout all these people like Durham as saviors and post Trump/Durham 2020 KAG nonsense. I’ve watched them do the same exact thing with Gowdy, Sessions, Nunes,et al...only to turn on them the second they don’t keep up with the Fabulist in Chief.


Don´t worry, Barr is probably going to write them some fan fiction to talk about again. He did it before after all.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 7770
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Well, time to launch a probe into the probe of the probe.

Funny how Trump world works: settle on a conclusion and reverse engineer everything until it matches your talking point.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
Ken777
Posts: 9988
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:27 am

Trump and his lap dogs are having a hard time these days. Judges are ruling against them, too many outstanding people have been a witness in the Intelligence Committee, Judicial Committee had an outstanding day yesterday with the experts discussing Impeachment. Even the GOP "Expert" seems to having been caught. He was "genuinely" encouraging the Committee to not rush things - take it slow and discover more evidence. Odd thing about that - this expert urging slowing down to get more evidence was a prosecutor in Clinton's Impeachment. They took 75 days in Clinton from GO to Whoa. Yesterday when caution was urged by this guy the Trump timeline had hit 71 days. Oooooops!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21280
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:58 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Trump and his lap dogs are having a hard time these days. Judges are ruling against them, too many outstanding people have been a witness in the Intelligence Committee, Judicial Committee had an outstanding day yesterday with the experts discussing Impeachment. Even the GOP "Expert" seems to having been caught. He was "genuinely" encouraging the Committee to not rush things - take it slow and discover more evidence. Odd thing about that - this expert urging slowing down to get more evidence was a prosecutor in Clinton's Impeachment. They took 75 days in Clinton from GO to Whoa. Yesterday when caution was urged by this guy the Trump timeline had hit 71 days. Oooooops!


I heard his statements, too. I am wondering if he is sending a signal to House committees and investigators that there is a crap ton more that can be added to investigations and articles of impeachment?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 am

I agree with Nancy, all about the Constitution surviving, not these bums like Barr and trump.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
MaverickM11
Topic Author
Posts: 17808
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Official:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

“ The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.”
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Official:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

“ The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.”



Don't worry.
Trump Cult member William Barr, is second guessing his predecessor to make some good Talking points for the Right wing nutcases to get their second hand information from Conservative spin doctors.
He is rejecting the findings as he believes that a President cannot be criminally charged. This goes above and beyond separation of powers, and Barr has left the boundaries of the constitution with his statements.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14509
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:50 pm

The report gives cover for the FBI, but also brings up certain questionable procedural issues as to the FISA court applications as to Carter Page that may help Trump. This is going to be interpreted and spun it as the parties want it. The basic call for the investigation was correct, this was a foreign entity trying to subvert our elections and needed to be investigated as a serious crime.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:14 pm

An interesting note on the Steele Dossier., you know the document that started all of this.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/09/ivanka- ... ssier.html

"A Trump family member had a “personal” relationship with ex-British spy Christopher Steele years before he authored a controversial dossier detailing links between then-presidential contender Donald Trump and Russia, Steele told the Justice Department’s internal watchdog.

Steele said he was “favorably disposed” toward the Trump family — and not remotely biased against Trump — because of his relationship with that unidentified family member, according to the report by the Inspector General of the Justice Department."


Which of the family members had a relationship with Steele? Rumors have it that it was Ivanka.

“Steele called the allegation that he was biased against Trump from the start ’ridiculous,” the report said.

“He stated that if anything he was favorably disposed toward the Trump family before he began his research because he had visited a Trump family member at Trump Tower and ‘been friendly’ with [the family member] for some years,” according to the report, which redacted the name of the Trump relative.


it seems all those right wing talking points are blowing up in a cloud of smoke today.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 pm

Even Fox News has agreed that Trump and Barr lied.

How long till the Opinion side of the house asks for Wallace to be fired?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4737 ... -bill-barr


"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace said the headline on the highly anticipated report released Monday by the Justice Department's inspector general (IG) will be that it "didn't find the things that Bill Barr and Donald Trump alleged" regarding spying on the Trump campaign.

“Remember, this comes against the backdrop of Donald Trump talking about the investigation of him in 2016 as a political hit job," Wallace said to "America's Newsroom" anchors Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith after the report was released. "At one point, he talked about President Obama ordering the wiretapping of the Trump Tower."
..........

Trump and his allies have long alleged the FBI acted improperly in its investigation and some in the GOP have already seized on the wrongdoing cited in the report.

“When you read the report, and we're obviously all skimming through it, the headline is they didn’t find the things that Bill Barr and Donald Trump alleged,” Wallace said. "He found, [Inspector General] Michael Horowitz, found there was no political bias by [then-FBI Director] James Comey or his deputy, Andrew McCabe."
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10364
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:56 pm

casinterest wrote:
Even Fox News has agreed that Trump and Barr lied.

How long till the Opinion side of the house asks for Wallace to be fired?

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4737 ... -bill-barr


"Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace said the headline on the highly anticipated report released Monday by the Justice Department's inspector general (IG) will be that it "didn't find the things that Bill Barr and Donald Trump alleged" regarding spying on the Trump campaign.

“Remember, this comes against the backdrop of Donald Trump talking about the investigation of him in 2016 as a political hit job," Wallace said to "America's Newsroom" anchors Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith after the report was released. "At one point, he talked about President Obama ordering the wiretapping of the Trump Tower."
..........

Trump and his allies have long alleged the FBI acted improperly in its investigation and some in the GOP have already seized on the wrongdoing cited in the report.

“When you read the report, and we're obviously all skimming through it, the headline is they didn’t find the things that Bill Barr and Donald Trump alleged,” Wallace said. "He found, [Inspector General] Michael Horowitz, found there was no political bias by [then-FBI Director] James Comey or his deputy, Andrew McCabe."


None of that will matter - cue the sycophants claiming Wallace is also a ‘deep state stooge’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:48 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
But...but...Hannity promised Durham was going to come in with a pile of indictments and the dirty FBI was gonna fry...what gives?!


It’s been amusing to see Breitbarters tout all these people like Durham as saviors and post Trump/Durham 2020 KAG nonsense. I’ve watched them do the same exact thing with Gowdy, Sessions, Nunes,et al...only to turn on them the second they don’t keep up with the Fabulist in Chief.


Well obviously the deep state got to them first, d'uh. ;)
First to fly the 787-9
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:30 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Official:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.”

Horowitz could base his findings only on interviews/investigations held WITHIN the Justice Department. He did not have subpoena or Grand Jury power, limitations not applied to Durham (who has stated he has a problem with much of the IG's report). Durham's report, and resulting action, will inure to Trump's benefit.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Official:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.”

Horowitz could base his findings only on interviews/investigations held WITHIN the Justice Department. He did not have subpoena or Grand Jury power, limitations not applied to Durham (who has stated he has a problem with much of the IG's report). Durham's report, and resulting action, will inure to Trump's benefit.


Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.

On Monday, we learned from a report by the Justice Department's inspector general, Michael Horowitz, that the allegation of a criminal conspiracy was nonsense," Comey said in the op-ed, which published after the report was released. "There was no illegal wiretapping, there were no informants inserted into the campaign, there was no 'spying' on the Trump campaign. Although it took two years, the truth is finally out."


The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:28 am

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Official:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

The inspector general concludes that the FBI had an “authorized purpose” to initiate the investigation and that the bureau’s use of confidential informants was in compliance with the rules.”

Horowitz could base his findings only on interviews/investigations held WITHIN the Justice Department. He did not have subpoena or Grand Jury power, limitations not applied to Durham (who has stated he has a problem with much of the IG's report). Durham's report, and resulting action, will inure to Trump's benefit.


Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.

On Monday, we learned from a report by the Justice Department's inspector general, Michael Horowitz, that the allegation of a criminal conspiracy was nonsense," Comey said in the op-ed, which published after the report was released. "There was no illegal wiretapping, there were no informants inserted into the campaign, there was no 'spying' on the Trump campaign. Although it took two years, the truth is finally out."


The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.

I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:33 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
Horowitz could base his findings only on interviews/investigations held WITHIN the Justice Department. He did not have subpoena or Grand Jury power, limitations not applied to Durham (who has stated he has a problem with much of the IG's report). Durham's report, and resulting action, will inure to Trump's benefit.


Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.



The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.

I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:36 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
Horowitz could base his findings only on interviews/investigations held WITHIN the Justice Department. He did not have subpoena or Grand Jury power, limitations not applied to Durham (who has stated he has a problem with much of the IG's report). Durham's report, and resulting action, will inure to Trump's benefit.


Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.



The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.

I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


I applaud your search for the facts. I also quote a line from a long, long ago movie. "You are a better man than I am Gunga Din" Rudyard Kipling
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:44 am

I haven't seen much trashing of it myself. It pretty much already confirmed the few items that were already known.

Still bothers me that fisa warrants were opened on individuals involved in a campaign based on little more than a tip by a foreign diplomat. (A tip based in hearsay btw - sounds familiar).

Even more interesting was that carter page was a direct source to the CIA and when the fbi was informed of this they basically hid it. I mean that's huge information.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 am

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.



The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.

I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.



You are 100% correct, they will not, cannot accept the facts and truths about this thief and liar. They applaud the Russian mouthpiece and so do our Republican Congress members. Thank the almighty, we recaptured the house, or we might be seeing a congressional medal for Putin. They do so love him, our Patriotic Rightwing. The Party of Patriotism has become the party of trump. Ronald Reagan must be turning over in his grave to see such turncoat behaviour.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:57 am

trpmb6 wrote:
I haven't seen much trashing of it myself. It pretty much already confirmed the few items that were already known.

Still bothers me that fisa warrants were opened on individuals involved in a campaign based on little more than a tip by a foreign diplomat. (A tip based in hearsay btw - sounds familiar).

Even more interesting was that carter page was a direct source to the CIA and when the fbi was informed of this they basically hid it. I mean that's huge information.


Here is the rub,
The FBI was already investigating credible evidence of Russian Interference. Then they got word from An Australian that had dinner with Papadopoulos, and was told that Russia was looking to give information to the Trump Campaign. This is a red flag for most intelligent people. This also explains why it was a Unanimous vote at the FBI to open an investigation to see if the case had merit.

if it sounds like heresay, you are ignoring that Russia was already under investigation for interference . That is how investigations start in the real world.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
trpmb6
Posts: 2839
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:20 am

casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
I haven't seen much trashing of it myself. It pretty much already confirmed the few items that were already known.

Still bothers me that fisa warrants were opened on individuals involved in a campaign based on little more than a tip by a foreign diplomat. (A tip based in hearsay btw - sounds familiar).

Even more interesting was that carter page was a direct source to the CIA and when the fbi was informed of this they basically hid it. I mean that's huge information.


Here is the rub,
The FBI was already investigating credible evidence of Russian Interference. Then they got word from An Australian that had dinner with Papadopoulos, and was told that Russia was looking to give information to the Trump Campaign. This is a red flag for most intelligent people. This also explains why it was a Unanimous vote at the FBI to open an investigation to see if the case had merit.

if it sounds like heresay, you are ignoring that Russia was already under investigation for interference . That is how investigations start in the real world.


I'm not questioning the inquiry into the matter. You look at all tips given to you. But I do question the fisa applications. Particularly when information is omitted.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:28 am

trpmb6 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
trpmb6 wrote:
I haven't seen much trashing of it myself. It pretty much already confirmed the few items that were already known.

Still bothers me that fisa warrants were opened on individuals involved in a campaign based on little more than a tip by a foreign diplomat. (A tip based in hearsay btw - sounds familiar).

Even more interesting was that carter page was a direct source to the CIA and when the fbi was informed of this they basically hid it. I mean that's huge information.


Here is the rub,
The FBI was already investigating credible evidence of Russian Interference. Then they got word from An Australian that had dinner with Papadopoulos, and was told that Russia was looking to give information to the Trump Campaign. This is a red flag for most intelligent people. This also explains why it was a Unanimous vote at the FBI to open an investigation to see if the case had merit.

if it sounds like heresay, you are ignoring that Russia was already under investigation for interference . That is how investigations start in the real world.


I'm not questioning the inquiry into the matter. You look at all tips given to you. But I do question the fisa applications. Particularly when information is omitted.


The FISA applications come down to internal issues in the FBI, and the one where the FISA application was altered( page) the FBI attorney is under investigation.
However that doesn't change the fact that someone in the FBI wanted a warrant on Page, or why. The only thing that may have changed was that the judge may or may not have denied the FISA.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 am

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Durham is an incompetent political hack appointed by another incompetent political hack(Barr). Barr has lied for months and enabled Trump's unfounded attacks against American Citizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/09/politics ... index.html

James Comey knows why he was forced out. He wouldn't lie for Trump.



The only information Durham will come out with is based on lies and conjecture of a political nature. The FBI was correct to launch their investigation based on the information at hand. That is all the IG had to look at.

I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.

I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved.

Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Great opportunity to hear from him directly instead of having a slanted news source doing the interpretation for you. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.
Last edited by FTMCPIUS on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21280
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:35 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.

I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved. Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


Ah, yes. The MAGA hearings in the Senate that "prove" the MAGA conspiracy that the MAGA fans want to hear that their MAGA king is god and the MAGA truths are true. That is so much better and easier to understand than the facts. Thanks for tipping your hand.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
johnboy
Posts: 3086
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 9:09 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:13 am

seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.



Ah, yes. The MAGA hearings in the Senate that "prove" the MAGA conspiracy that the MAGA fans want to hear that their MAGA king is god and the MAGA truths are true. That is so much better and easier to understand than the facts. Thanks for tipping your hand.


The return of Dreadnought.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:31 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
I'm no fan of Trump, or Comey for that matter. But, basing an opinion solely on the Horowitz report would be as absurd as permitting Boeing to be the sole source of the final report on the MAX fiasco. As with the Boeing situation, all the facts must come into play. As I pointed out, Horowitz was constrained in terms of 'reach' in his fact-finding.

I didn't vote for Trump, and won't vote for in 2020 either. I consider myself to be a fair-minded independent voter who considers ALL the facts available when reaching a conclusion (which is open to change). I've been around for a while and know when I'm being hustled. The media on both sides of the issue can be quite persuasive. Most don't even pretend to be neutral or anything close to it.

So far, I haven't been drinking anyone's Kool Aid. As Joe Friday said, 'Just the facts.' I'll wait until they are ALL in, pro or con.


You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.

I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved.

Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Great opportunity to hear from him directly instead of having a slanted news source doing the interpretation for you. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


If you have time to sit and waid through hours of testimony, by all means do, but i would suggest not watching MSNBC or Fox for their biased reporting on it. I read multiple articles on the web and the actual transcripts for my knowledge. My time is too important to watch the grandstanding that has gone on in the clips i have seen. When congressmen take their allotted time and push a conspiracy theory instead of the evidence in front of them, then you know that they have no interest in confronting the facts of the case. So far the GOP has shown a lack of integrity in these proceedings, and they have only put up congressman that are in Safe districts while doing this.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11688
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am

casinterest wrote:
When congressmen take their allotted time and push a conspiracy theory.


They are not pushing a conspiracy theory, they do lobby work for the Russian government while failing to register as foreign agents.

Its only a conspiracy theory if you believe it, and unless they are really crazy people, they don´t believe it for a second.
I will not be at all surprised if we learn at some point down the road that some republicans are already subject of a counter intelligence investigation....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14509
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 pm

The FBI has a long and disturbing history of bad actions in their work. This investigation had good intentions but is tainted by the weakly supported application for FISA warrants for some people.

The ACLU has long hated the existence of the FISA court and is selectively despised by the Republicans and Conservatives as it is a workaround of Constitutional 5th Amendment rights of people that may be targets. The FISA court almost never rejects applications for the special warrants for spying and surveillance they grant as the standards of preliminary evidence for requesting them is very demanding.

There was a valid need to investigate the very real involvement of Russia in our elections and in particular Donald Trump for their needs, mainly to ditch sanctions for invading Crimea President Obama put in. Several people have been convinced or made plea deals from the results of these warrants. I would suspect several of them will apply to the courts or ask President Trump for full pardons due to the questions raised as to the Constitutional validity of the FISA warrants used.

Sadly the questionable sourcing of evidence to get some of the FISA warrants will be seen as a huge win by Trump He will use this to oppose his Impeachment trial in the Senate, for vindication for his win in 2016 and that the Democrats cannot win in 2020 as violated the law to try to win. This will make it very difficult for the FBI to do anything to stop Russian or other foreign interference in the 2020 election as to Trump, badly hurt the Constitutional rights of voters and return to office a grossly incompetent, corrupt and racist thug.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11688
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:26 pm

ltbewr wrote:
This will make it very difficult for the FBI to do anything to stop Russian or other foreign interference in the 2020 election as to Trump, badly hurt the Constitutional rights of voters and return to office a grossly incompetent, corrupt and racist thug.


The Problem is not the FBI nor its Image, but the current Administration actively helping the Russians to continue doing so by refusing to do anything about it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/worl ... enter.html

How out of date this seems today: https://thefederalist.com/2018/03/22/ho ... s-tyranny/

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21280
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:53 pm

casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.

I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved.

Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Great opportunity to hear from him directly instead of having a slanted news source doing the interpretation for you. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


If you have time to sit and waid through hours of testimony, by all means do, but i would suggest not watching MSNBC or Fox for their biased reporting on it. I read multiple articles on the web and the actual transcripts for my knowledge. My time is too important to watch the grandstanding that has gone on in the clips i have seen. When congressmen take their allotted time and push a conspiracy theory instead of the evidence in front of them, then you know that they have no interest in confronting the facts of the case. So far the GOP has shown a lack of integrity in these proceedings, and they have only put up congressman that are in Safe districts while doing this.


Does C-SPAN have a YouTube channel? I would suggest watching the dry and boring and unedited testimony. Watching Republicans twist themselves into all kinds of knots, pushing lies and myths and "whataboutisms" as proof their lord and savior is innocent. It is hilarious and boring and frightening all at once.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved.

Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Great opportunity to hear from him directly instead of having a slanted news source doing the interpretation for you. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


If you have time to sit and waid through hours of testimony, by all means do, but i would suggest not watching MSNBC or Fox for their biased reporting on it. I read multiple articles on the web and the actual transcripts for my knowledge. My time is too important to watch the grandstanding that has gone on in the clips i have seen. When congressmen take their allotted time and push a conspiracy theory instead of the evidence in front of them, then you know that they have no interest in confronting the facts of the case. So far the GOP has shown a lack of integrity in these proceedings, and they have only put up congressman that are in Safe districts while doing this.


Does C-SPAN have a YouTube channel? I would suggest watching the dry and boring and unedited testimony. Watching Republicans twist themselves into all kinds of knots, pushing lies and myths and "whataboutisms" as proof their lord and savior is innocent. It is hilarious and boring and frightening all at once.


CSPAN has a public broadcast, and you can look back at past ones. I usually follow the transcripts from web pages and pick up the "controversial" video snippets later.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:15 pm

seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You are drinking the Kool-Aid. All you have to do is look around and see how Trump and the Right wing nutcases treated today's report. They commented on nothing in it , and just trashed it. Just like the impeachment inquiry. They are all BS and no substance when it comes to facts. This report was supposed to exonerate them, now they are just moving the goal posts.

If folks like you are still "waiting" for facts, then you will be waiting forever as the GOP keeps moving the goal posts.

I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved. Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


Ah, yes. The MAGA hearings in the Senate that "prove" the MAGA conspiracy that the MAGA fans want to hear that their MAGA king is god and the MAGA truths are true. That is so much better and easier to understand than the facts. Thanks for tipping your hand.

Again, I'm not a 'MAGA' fan. With you, everything has to be either harshly black or white. Time to oil your hinges.

In the end, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21280
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:31 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
I didn't accuse you of drinking Kool-Aid, but you seem to be doing a good job of showing that you've already OD'd on it. I've watched both extreme networks, MSNBC and FOX, and still find myself in the middle, unmoved. Are you going to watch Horowitz testify (Senate hearings) on Wednesday? If so, try C-SPAN for an unbiased broadcast. Suggest you learn more about all this before going on your next bender.


Ah, yes. The MAGA hearings in the Senate that "prove" the MAGA conspiracy that the MAGA fans want to hear that their MAGA king is god and the MAGA truths are true. That is so much better and easier to understand than the facts. Thanks for tipping your hand.

Again, I'm not a 'MAGA' fan. With you, everything has to be either harshly black or white. Time to oil your hinges.

In the end, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."


Tan suit and Dijon mustard bare arms were triggers for MAGA fans. And we are just supposed to ignore obstruction of justice, violation of Emoluments Clause, nepotism, cheating on his wife.....

If you had ever read any of my posts, because of you MAGA fans, I have bent over backward to separate you all from actual patriotic Republicans.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Ah, yes. The MAGA hearings in the Senate that "prove" the MAGA conspiracy that the MAGA fans want to hear that their MAGA king is god and the MAGA truths are true. That is so much better and easier to understand than the facts. Thanks for tipping your hand.

Again, I'm not a 'MAGA' fan. With you, everything has to be either harshly black or white. Time to oil your hinges.

In the end, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."


Tan suit and Dijon mustard bare arms were triggers for MAGA fans. And we are just supposed to ignore obstruction of justice, violation of Emoluments Clause, nepotism, cheating on his wife.....

If you had ever read any of my posts, because of you MAGA fans, I have bent over backward to separate you all from actual patriotic Republicans.....

Once again, not a MAGA fan here. Trump is a despicable human being who did not deserve to be elected, and certainly does not deserve to be reelected. That being said, I don’t understand why the Democrats are using so much political capital trying to get him out of office when the odds are he will not be convicted. Why not wait for inevitable victory in November, and then prosecute him after he is out of the White House? Orange man in orange suit. Sounds simple to me -- what am I missing?
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21280
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:20 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
Again, I'm not a 'MAGA' fan. With you, everything has to be either harshly black or white. Time to oil your hinges.

In the end, "You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you mad."


Tan suit and Dijon mustard bare arms were triggers for MAGA fans. And we are just supposed to ignore obstruction of justice, violation of Emoluments Clause, nepotism, cheating on his wife.....

If you had ever read any of my posts, because of you MAGA fans, I have bent over backward to separate you all from actual patriotic Republicans.....

Once again, not a MAGA fan here. Trump is a despicable human being who did not deserve to be elected, and certainly does not deserve to be reelected. That being said, I don’t understand why the Democrats are using so much political capital trying to get him out of office when the odds are he will not be convicted. Why not wait for inevitable victory in November, and then prosecute him after he is out of the White House? Orange man in orange suit. Sounds simple to me -- what am I missing?


That no one is above the law. We are now able to compare and contrast actual Constitutional crimes being committed by this current administration vs. having hearings on Benghazi for years and years with zero crimes to show because there were no crimes committed connected to Benghazi. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. However, there are blatant abuses of power and overreach, which have been laid out in the articles of impeachment. There have been instances of obstruction of justice, which we have been hearing about. Crimes. Actual factual crimes.

Because Republicans keep whining and crying about abuses of power and law breaking by the current administration, they should welcome the same abuses of power by, say President Elizabeth Warren or President Pete Buttigieg. They should embrace EVERY Democratic candidate running to China, DPRK, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. for dirt and for help winning the 2020 election. Republicans should applaud obstruction when investigations are launched. Just give up and say "well, there is precedent so let's just move forward!"
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:00 am

Even conservatives think Bill Barr is lying.

A group of attorneys from the conservative group Checks & Balances have slammed Attorney General William Barr after he responded critically to the findings of Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz's report on the FBI investigation into President Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.
....
......
"The attorney general has returned to his playbook of distortion and obfuscation in a transparent effort to undermine the IG's meticulous, fact-based conclusions," former associate deputy attorney general Jonathan Rose, who also served as a special assistant to President Richard Nixon, said.


https://www.newsweek.com/conservative-a ... ed-1476515
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
FTMCPIUS
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:02 am

seb146 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Tan suit and Dijon mustard bare arms were triggers for MAGA fans. And we are just supposed to ignore obstruction of justice, violation of Emoluments Clause, nepotism, cheating on his wife.....

If you had ever read any of my posts, because of you MAGA fans, I have bent over backward to separate you all from actual patriotic Republicans.....

Once again, not a MAGA fan here. Trump is a despicable human being who did not deserve to be elected, and certainly does not deserve to be reelected. That being said, I don’t understand why the Democrats are using so much political capital trying to get him out of office when the odds are he will not be convicted. Why not wait for inevitable victory in November, and then prosecute him after he is out of the White House? Orange man in orange suit. Sounds simple to me -- what am I missing?


That no one is above the law. We are now able to compare and contrast actual Constitutional crimes being committed by this current administration vs. having hearings on Benghazi for years and years with zero crimes to show because there were no crimes committed connected to Benghazi. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. However, there are blatant abuses of power and overreach, which have been laid out in the articles of impeachment. There have been instances of obstruction of justice, which we have been hearing about. Crimes. Actual factual crimes.

Because Republicans keep whining and crying about abuses of power and law breaking by the current administration, they should welcome the same abuses of power by, say President Elizabeth Warren or President Pete Buttigieg. They should embrace EVERY Democratic candidate running to China, DPRK, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. for dirt and for help winning the 2020 election. Republicans should applaud obstruction when investigations are launched. Just give up and say "well, there is precedent so let's just move forward!"

Seth, no one 'should' be above the law but we have an apples and oranges situation here. The people the Republicans are after are not protected by executive privilege. In most cases Trump is. This is the difference. There is a no way Trump will be convicted, and there is no way he will be reelected. So, I do not understand why Dems simply don't wait until after the election, and then prosecute him. That's what I'm talking about.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11688
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
The people the Republicans are after are not protected by executive privilege. In most cases Trump is. This is the difference.


him, his lawyer or even Barr claiming he is doesn´t make it so. The little bit of testing the water with that regards seems to imply he has far less "executive privilege" as he seems to think.
You are also guilty of obstruction if you don´t show up or let subpoena deadlines expire regardless of how good your argument is, you have to convince a court.

That's what I'm talking about.


How old and chronically sick was Osama Bin ladin when they got him? Why risk all those lifes and equipment if he´d day rather soon anyways..... thats why.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Horowitz is pushing back on William Barr.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/1 ... obe-082448

The Justice Department’s top watchdog on Wednesday reaffirmed that the FBI’s investigation into Russian influence on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign was adequately justified, despite Attorney General William Barr’s comments expressing doubts about that conclusion.

“We stand by our finding,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing focusing on the long-awaited report Horowitz released Monday about key aspects of the counterintelligence investigation.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm

casinterest wrote:
Horowitz is pushing back on William Barr.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/1 ... obe-082448

The Justice Department’s top watchdog on Wednesday reaffirmed that the FBI’s investigation into Russian influence on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign was adequately justified, despite Attorney General William Barr’s comments expressing doubts about that conclusion.

“We stand by our finding,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing focusing on the long-awaited report Horowitz released Monday about key aspects of the counterintelligence investigation.


Thank goodness there some out there with balls, unlike the trumpetts.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:48 pm

William Barr is proving himself to be a poor Attorney General, but a Trump man through and through,

The one thing I don't think the GOP has thought all the way through, is what happens when the Democrats take control and run with the dirty playbook the GOP is currently using?

Horowitz is trying to stay in the middle and work to correct the issues he found, meanwhile the GOP wants to just up and run on technicalities.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11688
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Barr’s handpicked prosecutor: FBI had adequate cause to launch Russia investigation

Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:12 am

casinterest wrote:
William Barr is proving himself to be a poor Attorney General, but a Trump man through and through,


the word you are looking for is "co-conspirator", it isn´t incompetence, it is deliberate malice.
If i was a venturing US journalist with resources backing me up, he would try to find out what he could be blackmailed with. He probably knows he puts himself in some real danger ending up in prison, the alternative obviously has to be worse.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: longhauler and 214 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos