Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

phatfarmlines

Re: The New James Bond 007 movie will be a girl

Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 pm

seahawk wrote:
The gender of the lead acting person, does hardly matter today, what matters is that the story suits the person and fictional character.

Female Ghostbuster flopped because that was the classic Gender Swap, where the characters remained mostly unchanged only the gender changed.
Having a female lead for an action movie is no problem (Kill Bill, Captain Marvel, Atomic Blonde, Resident Evil,...) even female Thor worked in the comics, but the story line needs to change with the gender.

:checkmark:

Don't mind a female 007, but storyline does need to be original. Codenames are interchangeable in the Ian Fleming universe of 007 as others have mentioned.

Also, the theatrical poster for "No Time to Die" has Daniel Craig in a very Sean Connery-esque viewpoint.

YYZatcboy

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:53 am

I would love to see Idris Elba, Chadwick Boseman, Michael B Jordan, Mark Dacasos play Bond. Or a woman.

What I think would be even funner though is to play Bond as a boorish Sean Connery Bond person in a modern world who has to realize that he can't just Macho is way out of difficult situations. It could make for a really interesting commentary on the history of Bond and how society has changed around him and he needs to catch up and change.
DH1/3/4 MD11/88 L1011 A319/20/21/30/50/80 717 727 735/6/7/8/9 744 762/3 77E/W 788/789 E40/75/90 CRJ/700/705 CC150
J/S DH8D 736/7/8 763

DIRECTFLT

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:56 am

N14AZ wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:
What would a black male James Bond be like.

I really liked the idea that Idris Elba will become the next 007 but I am not sure what happened to such considerations.

I thought that Idris would be the next Bond.

But, no thanks to a female "007". :talktothehand:

But the people that sell "the product" should do poll testing world wide, to see what gender, race, sexual orientation, and nationality of the actor will sell best, worldwide, to maximize the profits and the sell through to streaming and physical media.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

chimborazo

Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:10 am

YYZatcboy wrote:
I would love to see Idris Elba, Chadwick Boseman, Michael B Jordan, Mark Dacasos play Bond. Or a woman.

What I think would be even funner though is to play Bond as a boorish Sean Connery Bond person in a modern world who has to realize that he can't just Macho is way out of difficult situations. It could make for a really interesting commentary on the history of Bond and how society has changed around him and he needs to catch up and change.

Nonsense. Bond doesn’t need to catch up... he is what he is. They’ve been through all that, who he is and why he is , in the last couple of films.

Bond is a psychopathic (in the true sense of the word), hard-drinking womaniser. And he always should be. Bond shouldn’t change to suit whatever modern agenda... he should continue to be Bond or be nothing.

Consider when we often hear about “war heroes”. They’re heroes because they are on our side... the reality is that many heroes are nasty, horrible bloodthirsty bastards. And if they weren’t in the military for example they’d be football (soccer) hooligans or the like.

Roger Moore will always be the best Bond, then the brief Timothy Dalton, then the Scottish one.

Kiwirob

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:18 am

BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:

Correction: Not for YOU.

Today's young movie going crowd sees the world far far beyond how you were taught and habitually practice...soooo
...another Correction:..nobody wants to see that, YOU don't Want to See that! YOU are are NOT everyone else nor do you speak for them.

What is wrong with you?

And obviously, the generation of which you derive is shrinking, as is it's archaic closed-minded teachings...please tag those facts along with any post you make attempting to 'speak' for what everyone wants or does not want.

Moviemakers have tossed your genre off the list of films to come, they are playing for market share ..aka a younger and more complex audiences that understands things you did not at their age. The market share they are currently targeting ...does NOT include YOU. You are not in their analysis of 'what viewers want...', you are out to pasture as far they are concerned.

BN747

When franchises are messed with they die. People like there characters to be what they have always been, movie makers mess with that at there peril.

Yes they do and they also know when a franchise has run it's course..which is why they've decided to which things up for this franchise to buy a longer lease on life.

I hear your whining of dissatisfaction...but I've nothing to show you know something the Film Development honchos don't know, just your hurt feelings.

BN747

The follow on from this film with a female 007 will bomb, James Bond 27 will be a roboot with a male Bond and all will be right with the world. I'm hardly old either, I go to a lot of movies, so do a lot of people my age. The franchise hadn't run it's course, Craig needed to be replaced, now they are trying to be all woke and PC with a new female lead, stupid because the audience for Bond is predominantly male.

bennett123

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:21 am

Actually the 007 in the books did somewhat less womanising than the films.

He also drank less.

Yes, he did kill people, but he rarely set out to do so.

BN747

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:31 am

Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

When franchises are messed with they die. People like there characters to be what they have always been, movie makers mess with that at there peril.

Yes they do and they also know when a franchise has run it's course..which is why they've decided to which things up for this franchise to buy a longer lease on life.

I hear your whining of dissatisfaction...but I've nothing to show you know something the Film Development honchos don't know, just your hurt feelings.

BN747

The follow on from this film with a female 007 will bomb, James Bond 27 will be a roboot with a male Bond and all will be right with the world. I'm hardly old either, I go to a lot of movies, so do a lot of people my age. The franchise hadn't run it's course, Craig needed to be replaced, now they are trying to be all woke and PC with a new female lead, stupid because the audience for Bond is predominantly male.

You're not??? I've seen many many grandpas far more progressive than you...even Southern ones.

Does not bode well for the future...

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Kiwirob

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:49 am

BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

You're not??? I've seen many many grandpas far more progressive than you...even Southern ones.

BN747

You think your way on this I think mine, I think you're wrong and time will prove me correct. Of they will just end Bond/007 after this film.

Braybuddy

Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:20 pm

They might like to remember what happened to Gillette and that disastrous "woke" ad last year. That was dumped pretty quickly after a backlash and replaced by one that even had some mildly macho overtones :eek: .

BN747

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

BN747

You think your way on this I think mine, I think you're wrong and time will prove me correct. Of they will just end Bond/007 after this film.

Yes and your thoughts are based on your passion for this fictional tale...and that is your absolute right.

vs

Mine, which comes from being at ground zero of the film industry and constantly in touch with the goings-on, trends and pursuits of the industry.

Both entitled opinions.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

FGITD

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:14 pm

It seems there is perhaps some confusion.

I might be wrong, but in the new film, 007 is a female. As in, the MI6 agent assigned the 007 designation is a woman. James Bond is still James Bond, but is retired...hence the reassignment of his 00 number. Compared to the various misfortunes that have befallen James Bond it seems that retirement isn't a big deal.

As for future films, well...the studio hasn't announced anything yet, so I think it's a stretch to say it'll be a woman for now.

DL717

Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Given that every generation despises the one that went before it, and goes out of its way to reject its predecessors' beliefs, I'm looking forward to all this woke shit being trashed in ten years' time by the next younger generation. If I'm around to see it, of course . . . . :D

Indeed, anyone thinking this will breathe some sort of life into the Bond franchise is delusional.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?