Airstud
Topic Author

Shooting in Jersey City, N.J. - officers possibly hit

Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:41 pm

As of 1:44pm Eastern Time, CNN reports an active shooter situation in the Martin Luther King Drive area of Jersey City, across the Hudson from New York City.

Details are sketchy but some sources say two officers have been hit.
Pancakes are delicious.

NIKV69

Re: Shooting in Jersey City, N.J. - officers possibly hit

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 pm

One police officer dead as well as two of the suspects. Glad they didn't get away with this crime. Prayers to the family of this officer who looks to have been ambushed. The war on police continues. :ashamed:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

acavpics

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:44 am

I saw that "3 civilians were killed by gunfire." Did the two suspects go in the store and start shooting at random people, or were these people caught up in the shootout with police?
Did these "civilians" have any connection with the suspects?

NIKV69

Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:02 am

acavpics wrote:
I saw that "3 civilians were killed by gunfire." Did the two suspects go in the store and start shooting at random people, or were these people caught up in the shootout with police?
Did these "civilians" have any connection with the suspects?

Looks like the two were acting alone.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jersey-cit ... 1576004552

mrgrtt123

Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:08 am

The world is indeed getting scarier. My heart goes to the victims of this shooting incident.

ltbewr

Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:00 am

The first part of this terrible multiple murder and wounding gun criminal acts was from a JCPD Detective who saw a vehicle near a graveyard connected with a murder in the nearby city of Bayonne a few days before. Apparently as he approached the suspects, he was shot dead. The shooters then fled about a mile away to a store where they holed up, shooting at police, wounding 2 JCPD officers. A shootout ensued, eventually after several hours, 3 in the store and the 2 murderers were dead and others injured by gunfire and shrapnel at the store location.

This event disrupted service on the Hudson Bergen Light Rail to Bayonne, several bus lines, and car traffic. Several schools, a nearby state University campus (Jersey City) and the whole neighborhood was under a lockdown. This was likely the worst day in Jersey City since 9/11/01 and the terror attacks on the WTC towers across the river from the city.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/12/jerse ... unmen.html

NIKV69

Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:15 am

ltbewr wrote:
The first part of this terrible multiple murder and wounding gun criminal acts was from a JCPD Detective who saw a vehicle near a graveyard connected with a murder in the nearby city of Bayonne a few days before. Apparently as he approached the suspects, he was shot dead. The shooters then fled about a mile away to a store where they holed up, shooting at police, wounding 2 JCPD officers. A shootout ensued, eventually after several hours, 3 in the store and the 2 murderers were dead and others injured by gunfire and shrapnel at the store location.

This event disrupted service on the Hudson Bergen Light Rail to Bayonne, several bus lines, and car traffic. Several schools, a nearby state University campus (Jersey City) and the whole neighborhood was under a lockdown. This was likely the worst day in Jersey City since 9/11/01 and the terror attacks on the WTC towers across the river from the city.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/12/jerse ... unmen.html

Sounds like another case of not being taken alive and total disregard for human life. My God.

Aaron747

Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:50 am

mrgrtt123 wrote:
The world is indeed getting scarier. My heart goes to the victims of this shooting incident.

Sorry but this lack of perspective is grating. In the 70s, we had the Zodiac killer, Son of Sam, Ted Bundy killing girls in multiple states, SLA nonsense, violent crime rates in US inner cities nearly twice as high as now. Also planes somewhere in the world bombed or highjacked on a fairly regular basis. The world is NOT scarier - the media is just more saturated and immersive when these things aren’t happening as words on a monochromatic newspaper sheet.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:46 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
mrgrtt123 wrote:

Sorry but this lack of perspective is grating. In the 70s, we had the Zodiac killer, Son of Sam, Ted Bundy killing girls in multiple states, SLA nonsense, violent crime rates in US inner cities nearly twice as high as now. Also planes somewhere in the world bombed or highjacked on a fairly regular basis. The world is NOT scarier - the media is just more saturated and immersive when these things aren’t happening as words on a monochromatic newspaper sheet.

Now that’s some high octane truth, right there. Good luck with all that.

NIKV69

Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Cadet985

Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:54 pm

The Black Hebrew Israelites are a terrorist and hate group and should be treated as such.

johns624

Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:30 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mrgrtt123 wrote:

100% correct. The number of police officers shot was much higher in the 60's and 70's also.

NIKV69

Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:12 am

Cadet985 wrote:
The Black Hebrew Israelites are a terrorist and hate group and should be treated as such.

I knew there was a reason this wasn’t getting any coverage on CNN. If this was white supremacy shooting up a place we wouldn’t be hearing anything on impeachment. :sarcastic:

CaptHadley

Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

I knew there was a reason this wasn’t getting any coverage on CNN. If this was white supremacy shooting up a place we wouldn’t be hearing anything on impeachment. :sarcastic:

Really? huh, I happen to peruse CNN.com just now and funny, I found it on their home page as well as four other articles related to it, all on the home page as well. Hey, didn't you say yesterday that drumpf was doing a good job at keeping the terrorists at bay? Um, what happened in Pensacola a few days ago? Someone cleaning their weapon and it accidentaly went off maybe?

johns624

Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:40 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

The "victimhood" of the right...

ltbewr

Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:52 am

At first, it was seen as 'Islamic terrorists' or 'White Supremacists' or a criminal gang. Turns out it was an extremist who was Black with connections with an almost cult like anti-Jewish religious group. It is believed this store was an intended target. As to Islamic Terrorism, Jersey City was the site of the Mosque in the early 1990' led by the blind cleric who encouraged the 1993 WTC bombing attack and across the river from the WTC when it was destroyed in the 9/11 terror attacks.

Likely some Blacks in the neighborhood don't like the increasing numbers of Orthodox/Hasidim Jewish families moving into the large, older homes for their large families to have close proximity to NYC jobs and family jacking up prices for homes and displacing them to less unaffordable places. This jerk who did this took his hate too far, choosing violence. He had a long history of gun and violent crimes, time in jail in NJ and OH connected with a 'religious' group with serious issues.

Now 4 innocents are dead, a shop owner, a shop worker, a customer of the store and a police officer doing his duty. Several others, including 2 JCPD officers near the store were injured. A nearby Catholic school has numerous bullet marks, above the store was a Jewish school and next to a small synagogue. Jewish communities in the NYC area were concerned of more attacks against them. How the attackers died is still under investigation, if the cops bullets did it or killed themselves. But at least they are not going to be able to kill again.

NIKV69

Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:28 am

CaptHadley wrote:

Really? huh, I happen to peruse CNN.com just now and funny, I found it on their home page as well as four other articles related to it, all on the home page as well.?[/quote]

I wasn't referring to their homepage :sarcastic:

Aaron747

Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:48 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
mrgrtt123 wrote:

Today’s young people have things to be afraid of, but they also have no clue what it was like before.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Nicoeddf

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
mrgrtt123 wrote:

Best post on a.net in a while!
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god