Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seb146
Topic Author

War On Christmas Cancelled?

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm

I am really disappointed we have not heard the usual crying about "War On Christmas" and, especially, the outrage over Starbucks cups. What happened? It seems every year we all get to enjoy this silly outrage but nothing this year. Why?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

aloges

Re: War On Christmas Cancelled?

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:18 pm

I thought it had been replaced with mocking the White House Christmas decorations?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

casinterest

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:43 pm

It's war on the shelf elfs.

Where ever you go, there you are.

EstherLouise

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Bill O'Reilly got kicked off the air. Speaking of which.... whatever happened to Greta VanCistern?
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

seb146
Topic Author

Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:54 am

EstherLouise wrote:
Bill O'Reilly got kicked off the air. Speaking of which.... whatever happened to Greta VanCistern?

She had a "public affairs" show on NBC called "Full Court Press". I didn't know she was still around, either. I thought she went back to practicing law.

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:55 am

I thought they were trying to invent a war on thanksgiving?

Love how the torch bearers of the war on Christmas are literally sexual predators
I don't take responsibility at all

tommy1808

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
I thought they were trying to invent a war on thanksgiving?

Love how the torch bearers of the war on Christmas are literally sexual predators

Its a blood magic cult, are you even surprised?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

ltbewr

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 am

Christmas won.
Critics of Christmas are being ignored, seen as jerks, corporations and retailers know they have to use the Christmas word or lose Christian customers and you have the current distraction of the Impeachment proceedings taking up time with Conservative media like Fox News.

Kiwirob

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:29 am

ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.
Critics of Christmas are being ignored, seen as jerks, corporations and retailers know they have to use the Christmas word or lose Christian customers and you have the current distraction of the Impeachment proceedings taking up time with Conservative media like Fox News.

I was thinking the opposite, we don't have christmas lights in our town, we have holiday lights, there are other changes to make the holiday season more inclusive for heathens and unbelievers like me.

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:22 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.

What critics of Christmas, pray tell?

Francoflier

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:30 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.

The imaginary ones the conservative pundits created and fought an imaginary war against, I believe, because how else are older people going to get angry and afraid of the World otherwise?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

einsteinboricua

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 pm

Too many casualties on the War On Thanksgiving. They're still trying to recover from the food coma of turkey, stuffing, and others. It's not easy to wage war on a lawn chair or an electric store scooter, you know.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

SanDiegoLover

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Francoflier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.

The imaginary ones the conservative pundits created and fought an imaginary war against, I believe, because how else are older people going to get angry and afraid of the World otherwise?

It’s the only war “Christians” can win....faux wars, because they sure as shyte can win real ones.

TTailedTiger

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

It’s the only war “Christians” can win....faux wars, because they sure as shyte can win real ones.

What in the world are you talking about? Christians aren't a government. They can't wage a "real" war with anyone. Are you talking about the crusades? If so, history would rebuff your claim that they weren't successful.

SanDiegoLover

Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:53 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

What in the world are you talking about? Christians aren't a government. They can't wage a "real" war with anyone. Are you talking about the crusades? If so, history would rebuff your claim that they weren't successful.

Typical conservative. A literalist through and through.

See....

War on drugs
War on “traditional” marriage
War on bathrooms
War on abortion

TTailedTiger

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:03 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Typical conservative. A literalist through and through.

See....

War on drugs
War on “traditional” marriage
War on bathrooms
War on abortion

You're the one who brought real wars into the conversation. Maybe you shouldn't make such bold claims I'd you aren't prepared to defend them.

seb146
Topic Author

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:53 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.

Tell that to Irving Berlin, Andy Williams, and Bing Crosby. They gave us songs like "Happy Holidays" and "It's The Holiday Season". My personal favorite is Eartha Kitt embracing the holiday spirit in the song "Santa Baby" where she gets all kinds of greedy and has no shame or regrets about it. That's what the holiday season is about anymore, anyway....

SL1200MK2

Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:59 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Have you ever heard of satire, humor and sarcasm?

bennett123

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:38 pm

War on bathrooms?.

NIKV69

Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:48 pm

seb146 wrote:
I am really disappointed we have not heard the usual crying about "War On Christmas" and, especially, the outrage over Starbucks cups. What happened? It seems every year we all get to enjoy this silly outrage but nothing this year. Why?

Because Nobody really cares about Starbucks and the media decided since they are going to lose the 2020 election to focus on impeachment and trying to make us believe Russia is controlling our minds. I guess it's cheaper and easier than taking Xanax.
I am the Googlizer!!!

casinterest

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:23 pm

So for your post history lesson. Remember the War on Christmas was started by Xenophobic and dishonorable people.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/War_on_Christmas
Where ever you go, there you are.

scbriml

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:28 pm

bennett123 wrote:
War on bathrooms?.

Oh yes, the conservative brain implosion at the thought of a person of non-binary gender using the bathroom of their choice, not the one that some uptight, white dude thinks they should use. Oh the humanity. :rotfl:

Merry Christmas, one and all! :santahat:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

alfa164

Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:31 pm

No war on christmas this year? Damn! I had planned to barricade myself in my bunker so I could avoud the crossfire...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

MaverickM11

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 pm

scbriml wrote:
bennett123 wrote:
War on bathrooms?.

Oh yes, the conservative brain implosion at the thought of a person of non-binary gender using the bathroom of their choice, not the one that some uptight, white dude thinks they should use. Oh the humanity. :rotfl:

Merry Christmas, one and all! :santahat:

Another one where their messiah is the actual predator--walking in on underage girls changing at his pageants, because he can! #praiseHim

TTailedTiger

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:08 pm

SL1200MK2 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

Have you ever heard of satire, humor and sarcasm?

Sure, but there was none in his post. Just someone trying to slam Christians.

seb146
Topic Author

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Because Nobody really cares about Starbucks and the media decided since they are going to lose the 2020 election to focus on impeachment and trying to make us believe Russia is controlling our minds. I guess it's cheaper and easier than taking Xanax.

Interesting.

Righties could not stop screaming about the "Christmas hating" Starbucks cups until this year. Righties could not stop crying and whining and demanding everyone say "Merry Christmas" until this year. There was some outrage last year but, it seems, this year righties are quiet.

NIKV69

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:34 pm

seb146 wrote:
Interesting.

Righties could not stop screaming about the "Christmas hating" Starbucks cups until this year.

More figments of your identity politics mind.

seb146 wrote:

There was some outrage last year but, it seems, this year righties are quiet.

Again you overblew this and for the most part maybe people just say Merry Christmas and ignore the Zealots who hate it. In the long run it serves everyone better. Except you who seems to need this constant hate fueled back and forth. To quote you know who, Chill dude, go see a movie.
I am the Googlizer!!!

alfa164

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:55 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Again you overblew this and for the most part maybe people just say Merry Christmas and ignore the Zealots who hate it..

You mean like the zealots who demand everybody say "Merry Christmas" - whether they feel merry or not? Or believe in Christmas or not?

frmrCapCadet

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:41 am

Winter solstice, summer solstice, and to a lesser degree equinox celebrations are common in human cultures. Christmas religious observances were invented to replace pagan winter solstice festivals. Until Dickens and Moore somewhat 'single/dual' handedly established modern Christmas observances they simply were not as we see them today. New Testament documents record the birth of Jesus in somewhat contradictory stories (Luke and Matthew), and lent themselves to those efforts. US/English Christmas customs of the mid-1800s and since have a charm and claim on human hopes. There is no warrant at all on snarling at those who wish peace and good will amongst peoples against the use of the term Happy Holidays or whatever is someone's religious or secular equivalent.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

seb146
Topic Author

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:51 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Interesting.

Righties could not stop screaming about the "Christmas hating" Starbucks cups until this year.

More figments of your identity politics mind.

seb146 wrote:

There was some outrage last year but, it seems, this year righties are quiet.

Again you overblew this and for the most part maybe people just say Merry Christmas and ignore the Zealots who hate it. In the long run it serves everyone better. Except you who seems to need this constant hate fueled back and forth. To quote you know who, Chill dude, go see a movie.

Okay, boomer.

https://www.eater.com/2015/11/10/970557 ... sy-history
https://www.vox.com/2015/11/10/9707034/ ... ontroversy
https://www.flare.com/news/starbucks-holiday-cups/

It was the "we are a Christian nation" right and the "we must force everyone to say Merry Christmas" right who were demanding boycotts of Starbucks because their cups were red. THE HORROR!!! RED CUPS!!! Even right wing lame stream media got into the frenzy of demanding Starbucks bow to the right and Christ and all that.

afcjets

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.
Critics of Christmas are being ignored.

Which is why no one replied to your first post.

MaverickM11

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:01 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Christmas won.
Critics of Christmas are being ignored.

Wut. When have I criticized Christmas? This ought to be good.

afcjets

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:59 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

What do you think the meaning of Christmas is?

MaverickM11

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

You’re not answering the question. When have I criticized Christmas?

alfa164

Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 am

afcjets wrote:

Santa Claus will bring us some gifts! Obviously...

:roll:

bgm

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:07 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

The complete opposite of your political values: kindness, compassion, giving, selfless acts.
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

afcjets

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:01 pm

bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:

The complete opposite of your political values: kindness, compassion, giving, selfless acts.

The best part of your political values is you are only judged on your good intentions, the giving comes from others, and you never are held accountable for the outcome of your good intentions.

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:48 pm

afcjets wrote:
bgm wrote:
afcjets wrote:

The best part of your political values is you are only judged on your good intentions, the giving comes from others, and you never are held accountable for the outcome of your good intentions.

Still waiting to hear when I criticized Christmas

seb146
Topic Author

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:13 pm

It is also interesting to note that the narrative has gone to "WE DEMAND YOU SAY 'MERRY CHRISTMAS'!" to "meh... it was just a few loonies that no one really cared about or payed much attention to...." It is also interesting to be told that what we saw and heard we just made up. Gaslighting at it's finest.

afcjets

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:33 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

In approximately 100 percent of your non-aviation posts.

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

So you’re just flat out lying now, in addition to having zero proof. You learn that from Dear Leader it was that a preexisting condition?

bgm

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:58 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

So you’re just flat out lying now, in addition to having zero proof.

He’s a fan of Kellyann’s alternative facts. Christmas was cancelled in Bowling Green... :duck:
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.

apodino

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:33 pm

There never was a war on Christmas to begin with and I believe the issue was manufactured by someone. I know a lot of people who call themselves conservatives and none of them actually believe that there was a war on Christmas. I also believe that some of these "issues" that have propped up, such as the Starbucks Cup, and the Happy Holidays thingy, were actually put out there by liberals actually posing as conservatives to try to create an issue when none needed to be.

Hence the reason its not brought up anymore. It never was an issue in the first place.

seb146
Topic Author

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:49 am

apodino wrote:
There never was a war on Christmas to begin with and I believe the issue was manufactured by someone. I know a lot of people who call themselves conservatives and none of them actually believe that there was a war on Christmas. I also believe that some of these "issues" that have propped up, such as the Starbucks Cup, and the Happy Holidays thingy, were actually put out there by liberals actually posing as conservatives to try to create an issue when none needed to be.

Hence the reason its not brought up anymore. It never was an issue in the first place.

I remember the "war on Christmas" completely different. Every year was conservatives whining and screaming about stores and corporations "bowing" to liberals when they say "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas". The Starbucks cup? No one really gave it a second thought until those "EVERYONE HAS TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS" conservatives whined and complained and demanded boycotts. I also remember the "liberals posing as conservatives" leading the charge were people like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Lars Larson, Michael Savage, et al.

TSS

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 am

seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:

I remember the "war on Christmas" completely different. Every year was conservatives whining and screaming about stores and corporations "bowing" to liberals when they say "happy holidays" instead of "merry Christmas". The Starbucks cup? No one really gave it a second thought until those "EVERYONE HAS TO SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS" conservatives whined and complained and demanded boycotts. I also remember the "liberals posing as conservatives" leading the charge were people like Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Lars Larson, Michael Savage, et al.

Perhaps links to previous threads on the subject would help make your case?
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

KFTG

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:04 am

afcjets wrote:

Have you read "Two Corinthians"?

Great thread. Would read again.

NIKV69

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:23 am

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:

LOL you can't when you just make it up. :footinmouth:
I am the Googlizer!!!

SanDiegoLover

Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Interesting.

Righties could not stop screaming about the "Christmas hating" Starbucks cups until this year. Righties could not stop crying and whining and demanding everyone say "Merry Christmas" until this year. There was some outrage last year but, it seems, this year righties are quiet.

It’s like the deficit. When a Republican is in office you don’t hear a word about it, but the minute a black man is elected suddenly it’s a massive problem that needs an entirely new political movement, the Tea Party, to address it, and yet we’re supposed to blindly accept that, as if it really wasn’t just a racist tirade. Where are those so-called Tea Baggers these days? Oh, that’s right...in the Trump Administration exploding the deficit without a care in the world about it.

Remember the fit they were throwing about being called Tea Baggers? They demanded to be taken seriously and that it really only was about the deficit? When’s the last time you’ve heard them talk about the deficit? LOL

seb146
Topic Author

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:12 pm

TSS wrote:
seb146 wrote:
apodino wrote:

I simply typed "war on christmas" into the search box and came back with over 1000 hits in this forum. Some of those were unrelated. However, there were threads about righties being outraged over not being able to say "Merry Christmas" and the whole "We demand Starbucks embrace Christmas" and so forth

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1314385&p=18588369&hilit=christmas+starbucks#p18588369

Here are some interesting articles about the fake war

https://hbr.org/2016/12/how-fox-news-cr ... -christmas
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen ... -a-d.html/

The war is over! Praise the orange one!

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... christmas/

You are now free to put up that tree again thanks to dear leader, declares Eric and Lara!

winginit

Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Show us one example. We'll wait.