Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

What kind of headphones do you use?

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 am

I would like to know, what kind of headphones do you use?

I use the Mpow 059 in Pink. I am actually getting my cute cousin them in Rose Gold (which are pink/white instead of pink/black) for Christmas.

NIKV69

Re: What kind of headphones do you use?

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:12 am

Jabra wireless something. They work good.
I am the Googlizer!!!

casinterest

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:33 am

Where ever you go, there you are.

vhqpa

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:37 am

Sony WH-1000XM3

Works a treat on flights. Screaming kid? What screaming kid?
"There you go ladies and gentleman we're through Mach 1 the speed of sound no bumps no bangs... CONCORDE"

fr8mech

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:53 am

Kids bought me Airpods (white) for my birthday a little bit ago. I use Mpow D3 Bluetooth (black with red trim) when I work-out.
Last edited by fr8mech on Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
When seconds count, the police are minutes away, or may not come at all.
It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. ~B. Murray
Ego Bibere Capulus, Ut Aliis Sit Vivere

NIKV69

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:55 am

Jabra 65T. Using now. Love em.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Kent350787

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:08 am

audiofly AF180. Passive NC is pretty good and the sound is brilliant.
S340/J31/146-300/F27/F50/Nord 262/Q100/200/E195/733/734/738/744/762/763/77W/788/789/320/321/332/333/345/359

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:11 am

Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7, HyperX cloud as well as a pair of generic in-ear headphones.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

jetblueguy22

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:48 am

AirPods. Absolutely love them
Look at sweatpants guy. This is a 90 million dollar aircraft, not a Tallahassee strip club

seat64k

Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:12 am

vhqpa wrote:
Sony WH-1000XM3

Works a treat on flights. Screaming kid? What screaming kid?

+1 for these. Lost my earbuds (probably in the taxi) and picked up a pair in SIN before a flight home. What a joy.

For working out and running I use JBL some or other bluetooth set (similar to the Mpow 3D posted elswhere here). They're good enough and don't fall out of my ears.

I found that bluetooth ones that connect the two ears with a wire is just better. I have a set of Jaybird Run. They're completely wireless. They're terrible. I mean, the sound is nice, but the two connect to each other and only one ear connect to the phone. That means one side has two radios, so the battery runs down faster. It also means that the two ears sometimes lose connection or go out of sync. They're absurdly sensitive to interference. They're also just buggy. Half the time when you press play, only one ear turns on. Then you have to press stop and press play again. At least they appear to be water resistant, so now I use them in the shower.

einsteinboricua

Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:56 pm

AirPods for my Apple devices. Cowin E7 Noise cancelling for my regular laptop. And I have some others for my office (I think they're Sony MDR ZX110s, but don't remember).

Nothing too fancy. AirPods are white; the other two are black.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

BlueberryWheats

Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:06 pm

I use the standard AKG earbuds that came with my Galaxy Note 10, and you know what? They sound pretty good! Sturdy build too, they've survived a lot of physical trauma and still sound as good as new.
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut.

stl07

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm

Amazon echo buds. Were great but they hurt my ears as the fit wasn't the best for my ear shape. So I sent them back and am now using the Apple headphones that come with the phone. These (and by extension airpods) sound nothing like the Amazon buds, but at least they fit.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

stl07

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:15 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Jabra 65T. Using now. Love em.

Great choice
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

scbriml

Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:55 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
I use the Mpow 059 in Pink.

Why am I not surprised? :laughing:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

seb146

Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:53 am

My ears and ear canals are not built right so I can not use any of those devices that go in the ear. I have to have ones that go over the ear. For my computer, my Sennheisers finally gave out. They were the greatest. Great range, they fit well, the cord length was excellent. I miss them. I have iLive for the computer. They are okay. I don't remember what Bluetooth head phones I use that are synced to my phone but they are over the ear and wrap behind the head. They get the job done. I can listen to music when I walk or jog.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ACDC8

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:03 am

Sennheiser Momentum's - soft alcantara leather on the ear cups, no ear sweat :thumbsup:
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Kiwirob

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 am

Bowers & Wilkins PX for travel use.

seahawk

Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:57 am

AKG 702 at home and AKG K 376 during travel.

Okie

Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Dave Clarks
Excellent noise cancellation
Never hear those passengers screaming in the back :roll:

Okie

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:09 pm

On my flights to PR with my Mpow 059 headphones, I will probably listen to some holiday smooth jazz and maybe watch a movie (either from AA's streaming IFE or Tooth Fairy 2 on my phone). I will listen to my new smooth jazz tracks on my return and perhaps watch another movie. I do have an Anker aux cable to use it wired.

petertenthije

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Fischer Audio Consonance Premium.

I tried the earbuds that came with my Iphone 8, but find them to be very uncomfortable to wear, painfull even.
Attamottamotta!

SanDiegoLover

Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:56 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
On my flights to PR with my Mpow 059 headphones, I will probably listen to some holiday smooth jazz and maybe watch a movie (either from AA's streaming IFE or Tooth Fairy 2 on my phone). I will listen to my new smooth jazz tracks on my return and perhaps watch another movie. I do have an Anker aux cable to use it wired.

You should get these. https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/earphon ... y-e6-peony

Or these: https://www.bang-olufsen.com/en/headpho ... y-h8i-pink

I like my Bang & Olufsen H8i, but not in pink. I have small ear canals so none of the in ear stuff works for me very well. They are all too big, and painful to wear, or don’t go in my ear canal and fall out. When exercising they suck, hence the headphones.

EstherLouise

Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:50 pm

There are two things that I refuse to invest more than $15 in: Sunglasses and headphones.

Regarding the former, as long as they're wrap-around style and polarized, good enough. If I throw my bookbag on top of them and break them, no big deal. Just get another pair at Walmart. In regard to the latter, I don't use portable devices to listen to music and only use headphones at home while on my desktop when everyone else is asleep. They cost $7 at a convenience store and have wires.

Now, if we're talking desktop speakers, then I'll pay a little more for a good system. My current desktop speakers are Logitech Z623's and they cost $100 a set (two desktop speakers and a powered subwoofer). Since I no longer have a sound system in my living room, I depend on my desktop for listening to music. Let's just say the sub has a history of rattling pictures off the walls. :D
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

Caryjack

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Bose QC 15. Full ear cover, comfortable with excellent noise canceling. I can speak clearly to anyone with the headphones on by simply pulling the audio input jack (it’s big). I wouldn’t fly without them.
As for the crying child, a good pair of noise cancellers should nearly eliminate the engine drone allowing the child’s screams (or a drink request to an FA) to be heard.

cpd

Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 pm

scbriml wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

True. It’s like an airliners.net joke.

I’ve got Sonus-Faber Pryma + Pryma Air Cable.

In black/brushed metal.

Kiwirob

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:00 am

cpd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

In black/brushed metal.

It looks like those sexy cans are no longer available, with a bit of luck I hope that means they will release a full wireless version with noise cancelling.

invertalon

Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Sony WH-1000XM2's... So nice. Likely will upgrade to the XM4's whenever they roll out and pass my XM2's to my other half...

Love them, though... Use them for drumming as well and work incredible for that, too. They get a lot of use!

SanDiegoLover

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Caryjack wrote:
Bose QC 15. Full ear cover, comfortable with excellent noise canceling. I can speak clearly to anyone with the headphones on by simply pulling the audio input jack (it’s big). I wouldn’t fly without them.
As for the crying child, a good pair of noise cancellers should nearly eliminate the engine drone allowing the child’s screams (or a drink request to an FA) to be heard.

Does anyone make a good baby crying/child screaming noise canceling system? Serious question.

Tugger

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:34 pm

EstherLouise wrote:
There are two things that I refuse to invest more than $15 in: Sunglasses and headphones.

Regarding the former, as long as they're wrap-around style and polarized, good enough. If I throw my bookbag on top of them and break them, no big deal. Just get another pair at Walmart. In regard to the latter, I don't use portable devices to listen to music and only use headphones at home while on my desktop when everyone else is asleep. They cost $7 at a convenience store and have wires.

A kindred spirit!

For earbuds I have been using Panasonic RP-HJE120-K for a few years now. Low price so I don't worry about them, sound great, and do a good job blocking annoying external sounds. Our OP woudl like them as well since they actually come in a range of colors (though I only go for the black) including his favorite!

For home headphones I have a pair of Sennheiser's I've had for years.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

cpd

Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:10 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
cpd wrote:
scbriml wrote:

In black/brushed metal.

It looks like those sexy cans are no longer available, with a bit of luck I hope that means they will release a full wireless version with noise cancelling.

They certainly are here in Australia. I got mine about a month ago. Even the box they are packaged in is beautiful.

They aren’t noise cancelling but they do a good job of blocking out external sounds. One thing to note is that they are heavy headphones. I wouldn’t use them for travel, also they are too nice for that.

Use Bose or something else like that for travel.

As for sound, they do sound different from say Bose QC15, sound is clearer - particularly vocals. Listen to vocals from Freddie Mercury (Queen) or Bernard Fanning (Powderfinger) and you’ll notice it.

mrgrtt123

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:57 pm

Just the Huawei Freebuds Lite, I got for free when I have purchased the new Huawei Mate 30 Pro.

Kiwirob

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:06 am

cpd wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
cpd wrote:

In black/brushed metal.

They certainly are here in Australia. I got mine about a month ago. Even the box they are packaged in is beautiful.

They aren’t noise cancelling but they do a good job of blocking out external sounds. One thing to note is that they are heavy headphones. I wouldn’t use them for travel, also they are too nice for that.

As for sound, they do sound different from say Bose QC15, sound is clearer - particularly vocals. Listen to vocals from Freddie Mercury (Queen) or Bernard Fanning (Powderfinger) and you’ll notice it.

They aren't on the Sonus website anymore.

cpd

Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:59 am

Kiwirob wrote:
cpd wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

They aren't on the Sonus website anymore.

You can still get them here: https://klappav.com.au/products/pryma-headphones

I got mine from a local high-end audio store that is near where I live. They had another set of headphones on display at near AUD$3000! :eek: I didn't look to see what they were, but they were more than four times the price of these Sonus-Faber headphones.

If you prefer speakers instead, you can have a set of those: https://klappav.com.au/collections/floo ... da-speaker

At $160,000! :rotfl: