Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Braybuddy

Re: Obama declares that women are better leaders

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:49 am

BN747 wrote:
There is NO insult, if you were a veteran, you would have said so. If you were a patriot of you nation you would have said so.

You didn't. So you aren't.

What has any of that got to do with it? A rambling non sequitur if ever there was one.

BN747 wrote:
I own your 'obsession' charge...and you still aren't satisfied, so exactly like trump you keep whining now matter what which tells anyone reading this..you are not capable of understanding the feelings that Americans who appreciate America, feel about what is happening. Now you are free to go find an Obsessed Hong Kong Protestor obsessed and making noise about what is happening there...you should have a field day. But refrain from opening your mouth about things you cannot possibly understand beyond tossing out 'what appears to obsession' to you.

Again, completely irrelevant.

BN747 wrote:
You toss that term around with the same meaning as attacking someone obsessed with hotdogs or burgers...like a child.

Deny, deflect, insult. Deny, deflect insult. You're posts sure follow a predictable pattern. Now where have I heard that before . . . :scratchchin:

NIKV69

Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Most other countries don't follow the US norm on overt patriotism and worship of veterans. I find veteran worship and overt displays of patriotism incredibly childish.

How do you know what other countries do what? Speak for yourself and your country which you already have done so well. :sarcastic:
I am the Googlizer!!!

Redd

Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:25 am

BN747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
He's right, Sarah Palin and Imelda Marcos being the exception.

BN747

...and if any of you O-haters wanna take a zing at it, I suggest you run it by your significant other before posting something you hope she never finds out about.

BN747

You know, some of us men don't need our wife's/girlfriend's permission to think or speak. Crazy Idea, I know, but men are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves and many of us have women who respect us and our opinions. Hence the reason they're with us.

And no, women are not better leaders than men. Being a good or bad leader is quite gender-neutral.

BN747 wrote:

The adverb 'old' has no bearing on any of what I wrote, I just left there in a cut n paste reply nothing more.

BN747

Old is an adjective.

Kiwirob

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Most other countries don't follow the US norm on overt patriotism and worship of veterans. I find veteran worship and overt displays of patriotism incredibly childish.

How do you know what other countries do what? Speak for yourself and your country which you already have done so well. :sarcastic:

I know probably more than you, have you ever lived anywhere other than the US?? Of the 4 countries I have lived in NZ, Australia, Norway and the UK none of them show over displays of patriotism as the US and none of them treat veterans any differently from any other person. So someone served in the military big f'ing deal it was a job choice, it doesn't make you special, it's doesn't mean you should be given preferential treatment. You chose that life so you have to deal with the consequences of that choice.

seahawk

Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:59 pm

I think it has been researched a lot that this can be said. Women are generally more emphatic, more orientated towards building a functioning group, more interested in the feelings of the members of the group.

The problem is that many women do not fancy the work load of a leadership position, do not like the responsibility and do not want to put in a situation where conflict is inevitable. So those that reach leadership position are often as bad as the typical male but rarely as bad as the stereotype alpha male.

SanDiegoLover

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm

seahawk wrote:
I think it has been researched a lot that this can be said. Women are generally more emphatic, more orientated towards building a functioning group, more interested in the feelings of the members of the group.

The problem is that many women do not fancy the work load of a leadership position, do not like the responsibility and do not want to put in a situation where conflict is inevitable. So those that reach leadership position are often as bad as the typical male but rarely as bad as the stereotype alpha male.

I think you have the first part right, but either wrong or perhaps not entirely correct on the 2nd part. There have been a number of studies done on women in politics in the US. One big difference between men and women in politics is that men see politics as a valid career path and an end to itself. Women by in-large go into politics to fix something they have a passion for, or see an injustice to. This is why women don’t get wrapped up in scandal nearly as much as men. Women get into politics with a short term agenda. Fix these issues, and then resume their previous careers. (Obviously, some end up staying and become political dinosaurs.)

Also, when it comes to leadership it is much like the private sector. There is an “old boys” network that exists. Not to mention when a man is a leader you (and others) refer to him as “strong” and “alpha”, yet when women do they get called “conniving”, “bit***”, and “shrill”.

Tugger

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

:checkmark: I very much agree.
People who do claim "patriot" often are hiding behind the term, using it as a shield. As the saying goes: "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel". For the most part actual patriots don't say anything about it. And additionally patriotism can often means going against those that use the word the most.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:57 pm

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
He's right, Sarah Palin and Imelda Marcos being the exception.

BN747

...and if any of you O-haters wanna take a zing at it, I suggest you run it by your significant other before posting something you hope she never finds out about.

BN747

You know, some of us men don't need our wife's/girlfriend's permission to think or speak. Crazy Idea, I know, but men are perfectly capable of thinking for themselves and many of us have women who respect us and our opinions. Hence the reason they're with us.

And no, women are not better leaders than men. Being a good or bad leader is quite gender-neutral.

Your being offended is noted.

Women do employ logic better than men...argue all you want but they do.
Men employ weapons better...and that is where you coming from as gar as better leaders are concerned.

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

The adverb 'old' has no bearing on any of what I wrote, I just left there in a cut n paste reply nothing more.

Old is an adjective.

It is indeed.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

seahawk

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:03 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I think you have the first part right, but either wrong or perhaps not entirely correct on the 2nd part. There have been a number of studies done on women in politics in the US. One big difference between men and women in politics is that men see politics as a valid career path and an end to itself. Women by in-large go into politics to fix something they have a passion for, or see an injustice to. This is why women don’t get wrapped up in scandal nearly as much as men. Women get into politics with a short term agenda. Fix these issues, and then resume their previous careers. (Obviously, some end up staying and become political dinosaurs.)

Also, when it comes to leadership it is much like the private sector. There is an “old boys” network that exists. Not to mention when a man is a leader you (and others) refer to him as “strong” and “alpha”, yet when women do they get called “conniving”, “bit***”, and “shrill”.

"Alpha male" has no positive meaning for me. It describes an authoritarian style of leadership used by a very egoistic person that cares little about the well being of others.

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Tugger wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

:checkmark: I very much agree.
People who do claim "patriot" often are hiding behind the term, using it as a shield. As the saying goes: "patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel". For the most part actual patriots don't say anything about it. And additionally patriotism can often means going against those that use the word the most.

Tugg

Okay to non-military(ever) civilians sharing their understanding Patriotism.

You are confusing and conflating a civilians understanding of patriotism and a military person's understanding and that is right.

..and to you people it looks like a joke to play on people's sympathies.

I hate the 'Thank you for your service' line tossed to everyone in uniform or when ever someone say they 'served'.

I hate that because you could be 'thanking a turd' who raped a few little girls in Iraq just months prior...but 99% of military are decent and good people, but just like bad cops...there's few bad apples in the ranks.

Patriotism as a totally different meaning to military people than civilians...I'll leave that to you to figure it out.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Redd

Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:01 pm

BN747 wrote:

BN747

:rotfl: It's charming how funny you think you are

BN747 wrote:

BN747

I'm curious as to how you came to that conclusion, please enlighten the forum.

dtw2hyd

Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Yes, Mrs.Pelosi showed real leadership during ObamaCare, On the otherhand, Mr.Obama and Mr.Reed talked and talked and talked and talked for 18 months and finally passed a watered down dud. If they both just followed Mrs.Pelosi's lead US would have a better bill.
All posts are just opinions.

NIKV69

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:03 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

I know probably more than you,

Of course you do you are the lead on America hate here so this is no surprise.

Kiwirob wrote:

Of the 4 countries I have lived in NZ, Australia, Norway and the UK none of them show over displays of patriotism as the US and none of them treat veterans any differently from any other person.

We don't give Veterans any special treatment outside of helping them deal with society once they are done with their service. We just show our gratitude for you know, sacrificing a whole lot including their lives? Maybe if one of those four countries you listed above had the same dangers as the US or Israel you would understand but of course your brazen disdain for the USA and people who serve it so we don't get blown up at bus stops shows otherwise.

Kiwirob wrote:
So someone served in the military big f'ing deal it was a job choice, it doesn't make you special, it's doesn't mean you should be given preferential treatment. You chose that life so you have to deal with the consequences of that choice.

You just keep outing yourself, keep typing.
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Live around around alot of women from many walks and many nations tells you alot.
Reading about them won't do it, watching won't get it done..but engaging with them will.

Life teaches you, if you allow it.

Where/hoe did you get yours?

BN747

BN747

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Kiwirob wrote:

Of the 4 countries I have lived in NZ, Australia, Norway and the UK none of them show over displays of patriotism as the US and none of them treat veterans any differently from any other person.

We don't give Veterans any special treatment outside of helping them deal with society once they are done with their service. We just show our gratitude for you know, sacrificing a whole lot including their lives? Maybe if one of those four countries you listed above had the same dangers as the US or Israel you would understand but of course your brazen disdain for the USA and people who serve it so we don't get blown up at bus stops shows otherwise.

Kiwirob wrote:
So someone served in the military big f'ing deal it was a job choice, it doesn't make you special, it's doesn't mean you should be given preferential treatment. You chose that life so you have to deal with the consequences of that choice.

Yep KiwiRob, that simplistic attitude is what will lead you to the false security that makes you think your nation will never see it's citizens constantly on the run of move because they are now refugees.

You can't imagine your life being like that...so you're secure in your nations stability....now why do you think that is? I'm all ears....

BN747

Kiwirob

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:34 pm

BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Kiwirob wrote:

Kiwirob wrote:

Yep KiwiRob, that simplistic attitude is what will lead you to the false security that makes you think your nation will never see it's citizens constantly on the run of move because they are now refugees.

You can't imagine your life being like that...so you're secure in your nations stability....now why do you think that is? I'm all ears....

BN747

What false sense of security, there’s nothing false about it, the world hasn’t had a major confrontation since the end of WW2, lots of small regional conflicts but absolutely nothing that has threatened where I was born or where I live now. The wars in the Middle East are mostly due to bad US foreign policy.

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:55 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

BN747

What false sense of security, there’s nothing false about it, the world hasn’t had a major confrontation since the end of WW2, lots of small regional conflicts but absolutely nothing that has threatened where I was born or where I live now. The wars in the Middle East are mostly due to bad US foreign policy.

Exactly ...and that false sense of 'it hasn't happened since it's not gonna..' is when you don't expect it.
You think your safety and well being is free, always there, always there for future generations...that's called taking it for granted.

You don't give any though nor appreciation to systems and people in place to 'provide you that false confidence that think is a given'. You don't know humanity.

If history has any say it's 'look out, because you won't see it coming just as they missed the signs earlier.

BN747

BN747

Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Braybuddy wrote:
Resorting to insults when you've run out of argument only loses you the argument. You make derogatory comments, then deny that you did, then deny that you made a denial. Simple as, yet you can't bring yourself to admit it.

There is NO insult, if you were a veteran, you would have said so. If you were a patriot of you nation you would have said so.

BN747

MOST other countries aren't the world's policeman (I know that's going sen you into apoplectic orbit - but it is true).

That's why.

You and all kiwis enjoy your liberty because of world shaped by western powers after WWII, led by guess who?

But I dare say, were the leaders of most nations 'women' from 1900 on...it is highly doubtful WWI and WWII would have ever occurred

BN747

Redd

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:19 am

BN747 wrote:
Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

BN747 wrote:

BN747

Live around around alot of women from many walks and many nations tells you alot.
Reading about them won't do it, watching won't get it done..but engaging with them will.

BN747

BN747

The mistake you're making is your assumption on someone else's life experience. In this case someone who has lived in 4 countries (soon to be 5), traveled to over 30 and whose buainess is centred around working with people and maintaining relationships.

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:27 am

BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

MOST other countries aren't the world's policeman (I know that's going sen you into apoplectic orbit - but it is true).

That's why.

You and all kiwis enjoy your liberty because of world shaped by western powers after WWII, led by guess who?

But I dare say, were the leaders of most nations 'women' from 1900 on...it is highly doubtful WWI and WWII would have ever occurred

BN747

Self appointed world police man and you only act in your own self interest, you don't police everywhere, if you did the tragedy that was Zimbabwe and soon to be South Africa would never have happened, there are plenty more examples where the self appointed world policeman didn't act as the world policeman so don't try that BS on, it doesn't fit.

In typical US fashion the US entered both world wars late and can't take the credit for winning either of them. WW1 was all but over before the fat entered at the death, and Russia won WW2, they ground the Germans down on the Eastern Front which shortened the war and they won the race to Berlin. Kiwi Air Chief Marshal Sir Keith Parks outstanding leadership and tactical nouse won the Battle of Britain, without that victory the Germans would have won that war.

BN747

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:29 am

Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Redd wrote:

BN747

BN747

The mistake you're making is your assumption on someone else's life experience. In this case someone who has lived in 4 countries (soon to be 5), traveled to over 30 and whose buainess is centred around working with people and maintaining relationships.

That's great an it tells me (because travel is the greatest teacher -ever) that you are (or should) define yourself as a global citizen. You are widely exposed to other nations, cultures and are comfortable among them. That is exceptional for an American. Most Americans, unlike most Europeans, do not care to venture abroad and certainly not keen on living among 'them'. Most US passport holders haven't used them..which to me is the fastest track to a permanent closed mind..as the planet becomes more interconnected by the second.

But you've not shown me in any of that post where and what your observations, engagements among such a variety of females and the conclusion of these experiences.

BN747

Redd

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 am

BN747 wrote:
Redd wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

BN747

That's great an it tells me (because travel is the greatest teacher -ever) that you are (or should) define yourself as a global citizen. You are widely exposed to other nations, cultures and are comfortable among them. That is exceptional for an American. Most Americans, unlike most Europeans, do not care to venture abroad and certainly not keen on living among 'them'. Most US passport holders haven't used them..which to me is the fastest track to a permanent closed mind..as the planet becomes more interconnected by the second.

But you've not shown me in any of that post where and what your observations, engagements among such a variety of females and the conclusion of these experiences.

BN747

If you inherintely have respect for other people, they shouldn't have to present a curriculum vitae of their life experience before they present their opinion. If you're curious about someone's experience then you should just ask.

BN747

Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:48 am

Kiwirob wrote:
BN747 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

That's why.

BN747

Self appointed world police man and you only act in your own self interest, you don't police everywhere, if you did the tragedy that was Zimbabwe and soon to be South Africa would never have happened, there are plenty more examples where the self appointed world policeman didn't act as the world policeman so don't try that BS on, it doesn't fit.

In typical US fashion the US entered both world wars late and can't take the credit for winning either of them. WW1 was all but over before the fat entered at the death, and Russia won WW2, they ground the Germans down on the Eastern Front which shortened the war and they won the race to Berlin. Kiwi Air Chief Marshal Sir Keith Parks outstanding leadership and tactical nouse won the Battle of Britain, without that victory the Germans would have won that war.

Rob, rob, rob...don't be so extreme! Can the police be everywhere in NYC?

No, of course not! And can the World's policeman. Now sure just like the cops who avoid certain neighborhoods, the world's policeman does the same.

But you are right, it is choosing where it wants to go...which is unfortunate for those who desperately needed help (and we could have provided) and did not.

Why does that happen?

Look at World's policeman's own habits in 'doing the right thing' in his own homeland from day one. It chose the easy way to get ahead, the ultimate shortcut to success, exploit, dehumanize to murder. But even this planning can be traced back to England (with early designs on the New World).
Trace that line up to today...Bill Clinton knew full well he could not send the World's police men into the middle of The Rwandan genocide in 1992.
America would not allow that, even Kosovo was lucky to get what help they got. As Americans are (and rightfully so) are getting war weary, intervening and thus the primary leader inmost global coalition efforts.

But there is no better force on Earth than you want to answer your SOS in you woke up and found the Russian Navy has attacked your country and neutered your military..or learn to like Russian way of life.
Or replace that with the Chinese military...

Other nations have those worries that you do not..many of them have no voice.

So the bottomline is 'if you really really need us, will be there*"...

The asterisk represents 'conditions apply'...meaning America chooses 'who it wants to rescue'...or not.

Maybe we should go by "World's Security Guard Limited'...

BN747

L410Turbolet

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:17 am

Out of all people our esteemed Kiwi would not probably mind being under the Russian boot.

Kiwirob

Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:39 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:
Out of all people our esteemed Kiwi would not probably mind being under the Russian boot.

Why would anyone be under any Russian boot? Who are they going to invade and how are they going to do it? I can't see them invading Norway, nor will they invade New Zealand. I'd be far more worried about the baby in the White House than anyone else.

Airstud

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:20 am

seahawk wrote:
Women are generally more interested in the feelings of the members of the group.

Which can be quite a handicap to effective leadership, since it often calls for decisions to be made dispassionately.
Pancakes are delicious.