Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

PPVRA

Re: Head Iran Gen Killed In Air Strike

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:19 am

cpd wrote:
olle wrote:
It seems to be a quit limited reaction from Iran. They need to say and do something but not too much. With both lunietics in Iran regime and USA regime this look prety controlled to me.

It does seem limited, I think they know that if they push the USA too far, there is the chance that the Iran can very well be completely wiped off the map and the country left uninhabitable for years to come.

I hope sensible minds prevail.

Targeting allies rather than the USA appears to me, a layman on this subject, to be a tactic to drive a wedge in the relations between the USA and its allies.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

DeltaMD90

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:22 am

cpd wrote:

LOL I think that ship has sailed a long time ago

What a mess, Iraq 2.0 just because we wanna be tough guys.

Whether you agree with killing Soleimani or not, I think killing him suddenly and doing nothing else and handling everything the way it was handled was one of the worst moves ever.

His killing really only makes sense if it was one strike in a much larger operation and war on Iran... definitely something I'm not advocating but at least it would kinda fit into a larger plan instead of this YOLO foreign policy we have

Seems like a measured response from Iran, casualties are not yet reported, or their military is super incompetent (thinking it's the 1st or 3rd option.) Either way, hopefully that is their "revenge" and we can just shrug, ignore it, and not make another TWENTY year war

stl07

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:29 am

FlightAware/rader24 is looking pretty fun (for everyone except those on flights doing a 180 and heading back to Europe/India)
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

maint123

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 am

cpd wrote:
olle wrote:
It seems to be a quit limited reaction from Iran. They need to say and do something but not too much. With both lunietics in Iran regime and USA regime this look prety controlled to me.

It does seem limited, I think they know that if they push the USA too far, there is the chance that the Iran can very well be completely wiped off the map and the country left uninhabitable for years to come.

Trump obviously is not one of the sensible minds and he has prevailed.
Why should other countries suffer at the hands of usa in every election cycle ?
Dont wish on others what usa very well could face on it's own territory. It's very easy to assemble a dirty bomb , doesn't even have to be a working nuke and I am sure in your cocoon you think of iran as some 3rd world industrial backwater . But it has a homegrown missile industry and with Russia's help could cause some real damage to the American homeland.
At the moment usa comes across as just a bully to neutrals from outside the Middle east like me.

JeremyB

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:14 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
cpd wrote:

LOL I think that ship has sailed a long time ago

What a mess, Iraq 2.0 just because we wanna be tough guys.

Whether you agree with killing Soleimani or not, I think killing him suddenly and doing nothing else and handling everything the way it was handled was one of the worst moves ever.

His killing really only makes sense if it was one strike in a much larger operation and war on Iran... definitely something I'm not advocating but at least it would kinda fit into a larger plan instead of this YOLO foreign policy we have

Seems like a measured response from Iran, casualties are not yet reported, or their military is super incompetent (thinking it's the 1st or 3rd option.) Either way, hopefully that is their "revenge" and we can just shrug, ignore it, and not make another TWENTY year war

Well about the last part you wrote.. the IRG was targeting ISIS from Iranian soil and constantly hit what they were aiming at. Seems like they just aimed at the border or just outside of the bases as a warning as no US soldiers have been hit.

Let's hope this is as far as both countries will go in this (****) measuring contest and it calms down.

DarkSnowyNight

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 am

Dutchy wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Ultimately, we would be fine, but the interim effects are something no responsible leadership would wish to chance.

That facts don't support there is a responsible leadership in the current White House.

I do not believe there is, no.

We will see what happens now, but it does not look good for anyone.
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:01 am

LMP737 wrote:
extender wrote:

Appeasement doesn't work.

What "appeasement" are you referring to? Is it the nuclear accord you're talking about? Seem to be working just fine.

I've heard this appeasement doesn't work argument before. The argument that usually follows is that if only we hadn't tried to appease Hitler. Of course the problem with that is the leaders of Iran while not going to win any humanitarian awards are not Hitler.

Well, he is right. Appeasement doesn´t work. Iran tried to appease the US for decades with its restrained responses to ongoing US aggression. Overthrowing a government usually means full on war, not a few spats here and there.

NIKV69 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
They’ve opened pandoras box now - there are other nationalities at al asad as well as Americans.

Iran warned Iraqi troops to stay at least 1km away from US bases.

The bases are not US bases.

Surprised Iran could be this stupid. Oh well they wanted this and they are going to get it.

It is a bold move, but also stupid (you will respond) and smart (you are not prepared since there was no planning before Trump declared war on Iran) at the same time. We live in interesting times... the theocratic dictatorship Iran helps a, somewhat democratic, Iraq to remove the, at least nominally democratic, USA from its territory just as the Iraqi parliament demanded it.

And lots of "us" here said US policy is only helping Iranian Hardliners. Is there proof enough yet or do you need some more being shot at to realize its true?

Interesting that Iran either seems to know exactly what your air defenses can cover or have defeated air defense systems.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

zkojq

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:09 am

Is there anybody on the planet stupid enough to think that there wouldn't be retaliation of some kind? You think that if the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs Of Staff was assassinated by Iran during a visit to Canada that the US wouldn't respond? This isn't exactly rocket science....

As ever, the double standards are mind boggling.

A month ago: "Trump is great because he's withdrawing the peacekeeping forces protecting the kurds out of Syria, America should no longer have troops in the middle east."

Now: ""Trump is strong and powerful leader because he's strengthening our army and being more aggressive in the middle east, we've needed increased U.S. presence there for a long time!"

You just couldn't make this stuff up!

Aaron747 wrote:
"And by the way, they also lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction back in 2002 and got us into an utterly pointless war that dramatically weakened our country," Carlson went on. "The people pushing conflict with Iran did that."

People are always so quick to forget that for whatever reason.... what's worse is that nobody whatsoever was held accountable for the lies and that the Pentagon doesn't seem to be held to account as they trot out new lies.

Nice to see TC being on the right side of this.

SanDiegoLover wrote:
What’s hilarious if it wasn’t so pathetic is that these fuc**’em nuke’m clowns are the first ones to scream that Iran/NKorea/whomever can never get nuclear weapons. That’s why they are so afraid of other countries getting nukes, because in their hearts they know they would drop a nuke without a second thought to the millions slaughtered. That’s why they’re so terrified, they assume everyone else is just as cold blooded as they are.

Indeed. Yet plenty are apparently fine with NK getting nukes because Kim wrote Donnie a love letter. What a time to be alive!

Dutchy wrote:
The UN as specifically created to act as a forum to discuss disputes between adversaries. Denying visa is not the way to go and another step for the US down from the world stage.

It's almost as if the powers at be want tensions to escalate...

jupiter2 wrote:

Yer, the Iranian's are very good at organising crowds, must've taken a lot of busses to get all these enraged people to this procession. Especially considering a week or two ago, they were targeting these same people for having the audacity of protesting against their government. Don't believe that all those people were there by their own free will.

So you're saying that they're all..... crisis actors? :lol:

VSMUT wrote:
BS. You get to vote every 2 years. US voters received ample warning about following the demagogues at Fox News and similar for several decades now. The entire world practically screamed the dangers of voting Trump into power at you. US voters don't get to claim ignorance any more.

Hey let's just keep in mind that, unlike in the US, in Iran their President is the one who got the most votes at the last election. ;)

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Exactly! I’m sickened by all the Breitbarters that have convenient and collective amnesia that they were the biggest Iraq war enthusiasts there was. They now all act as if they never voted before 2008. A big part of today’s problem is we’ve never held Republicans accountable. From Nixon, to Reagan and Iran Contra, to GW Bush’s lie, to the bankers from the 2007/8 financial collapse.

Not just Republicans, but everybody who voted for the Iraq war should be held to account for that as should the news organisations who propagated government lies and promoted all the jingoism nonsense. Same with the people who provided the bullshit graphics of the "mobile chemical weapons facility", the fake vile Colin Powell took to the UN etc. Jacques Chirac called out all the American bullshit on Iraq but never got much airtime....

sonicruiser wrote:
It's a bit more nuanced that that. Up until 2 days ago, Iran probably had no plans to develop a nuclear weapon. However, now they definitely do, and rightfully so.

And that's what's particularly frustrating about this. Even if all of this is settled peacefully with a ceasefire tomorrow, Iran has no reason not to develop a nuke at this point inorder to protect itself from US/Saudi/Israeli aggression.

AeroVega wrote:
You know that he and the militias he directed were instrumental in defeating ISIS, right? That may not be a big deal for America, but for Europe, where many of the ISIS terrorists came from, that counts heavily in his favour.

:checkmark: Doesn't mean he's a "good guy" but calling him a terrorist is a bit laughable.

Arion640 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
The Iranians already said they will retaliate against the Trump hotels around the globe. Which in itself is brilliant. It sends the message to the US citizens and even the military, you are not the ones we have a quarrel with, it is the US leadership. The Iranian leader said the same, it is not the US citizens or even the Israeli themselves, it is their government.

And at the same time, it hurts the Trumps personally, I mean who wants to sleep at Trump's resorts even if the chances of an actually attack is remote, who wants to take this risks?

How is that anything but brilliant?

It's very clever but I still don't think it's wise of Iran to make threats. Those on the US side who are wanting a war will amplify Iran's threats and distort their message. And anyway, making civilian locations targets gives ammunition to those who label the Iranian military a terrorist organisation.
First to fly the 787-9

Mortyman

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:32 am

No Norwegian soldiers hurt in attack.

:alert:

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:01 am

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't care that some terrorist general was wasted..

he was a uniformed general officer of the regular armed forces of a sovereign nation. He was no more a terrorist as Richard D. Clarke is. Try to use labels correctly, unless you want to be on the receiving end of people misusing the same label. Assuming you are a US Tax payer Iran has just made you a terrorist, are you insisting they are right, because they have the right to apply that designation just as false as you and your government?

best regards
Thomas

tu204

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:46 am

In my take the Iranian strikes were an adequate, justified and weighed reponse. Hopefully this is where it ends and Iran doesn't have a "round 2, round 3, ect." in the making. And Trump doesn't decide to take any further actions to further escalate this mess he created.

Iran chose a strictly military target and warned Iraqis to stay away from American bases, so all is good here.
I am however certain that regardless of this they will undoubtably up their assistance to any militia groups that will be terrorizing the Americans until they GTFO of Iraq.

That said, I am upset of some Iranian comment I read somewhere today (can't remember where) that threatened Israel. Completely uncalled for. Israel distanced themselves from the murder of General Soleimani and Trump immediately after it happened and showed that they have nothing to do with this action.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

Dutchy

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am

What a mess, under the circumstances a very limited response of Iran. Hopefully, it ends here. Another route is not good for anyone.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

N14AZ

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:54 am

I guess Trump will be in best mood when he wakes up tomorrow. As far as we know it was a very moderate attack. Just some helicopters destroyed. No US-casualties.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 am

N14AZ wrote:
I guess Trump will be in best mood when he wakes up tomorrow. As far as we know it was a very moderate attack. Just some helicopters destroyed. No US-casualties.

But sonic cruiser said that the grand Iranian holy missiles rained supreme and leveled Al-Assad. Man I’m confused.

Kiwirob

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:47 am

The Iranian response was quite restrained and not IMO designed to kill anyone, it was mainly for domestic consumption, to show the Iranian public that they were doing something, they cited UN article 51 as the reason for the reprisal. However I don't believe this is the end of it, Persians like the Chinese have very long memories, they will play the waiting game, as they say revenge is a dish best served cold.

keesje

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Stepping by to watch some good old patriotism, flagwaving, gung ho's here.

Moderate so far. Morning is breaking though in US.

They evil, we good. Thruth will be the first victim I guess.
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:07 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
The Iranian response was quite restrained and not IMO designed to kill anyone, it was mainly for domestic consumption, to show the Iranian public that they were doing something,.

:checkmark:
Using ballistic missiles gave ample warning time, and short of a chance direct hit on a fortification, they should have been reasonable sure to avoid casualties. Just two missiles don´t quite say "all out war" either.

But i don´t think it is purely for domestic consumption, the 80 killed certainly are, but a message to the US government: "We are unpredictable and will strike back, and we can needle you just as much as you can us.". I guess the Iranian government is fairly confident that the US will avoid any conflict beyond a strike here and there.

best regards
Thomas

Aesma

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:13 pm

How confident US intelligence is that there is no Iranian assets on the ground in the US, ready to hit sensible places if war really broke out ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

NIKV69

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:53 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
The Iranian response was quite restrained and not IMO designed to kill anyone, it was mainly for domestic consumption, to show the Iranian public that they were doing something, they cited UN article 51 as the reason for the reprisal. However I don't believe this is the end of it, Persians like the Chinese have very long memories, they will play the waiting game, as they say revenge is a dish best served cold.

on CNN Anchor referencing how Pentagon thinks they missed on purpose. Would make sense since so far it seems no casualties. If true it's a feeble attempt to save face. Trump to speak soon. I hope he says something better than that tweet last night.
I am the Googlizer!!!

Mortyman

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:09 pm

From what I understand, Norwegian forces was warned beforehand by Iraqi officials

N14AZ

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:11 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

on CNN Anchor referencing how Pentagon thinks they missed on purpose. Would make sense since so far it seems no casualties. If true it's a feeble attempt to save face. Trump to speak soon. I hope he says something better than that tweet last night.

There was a “funny” (I know, the word funny might not be appropriate in this context) headline in one of the German newspapers, earlier today: „Iranian attack on US bases leads to de-escalation”.

You have to savor each word slowly. Iran, most probably the biggest enemy of the US, attacking two of their bases - when did this happen the last time? Was it the Tet-campaign in Vietnam about 50 years ago? – and this is considered as de-escalation...wow. But I fully agree with this assessment.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:16 pm

N14AZ wrote:
There was a “funny” (I know, the word funny might not be appropriate in this context) headline in one of the German newspapers, earlier today: „Iranian attack on US bases leads to de-escalation”.

You have to savor each word slowly. Iran, most probably the biggest enemy of the US, attacking two of their bases - when did this happen the last time? Was it the Tet-campaign in Vietnam about 50 years ago? – and this is considered as de-escalation...wow. But I fully agree with this assessment.

Well the bases last night are not US bases but I do believe Iran didn't want to really piss Trump off and this accomplishes saving face without a single death from their way of thinking. It also leads me to believe it is why Trump didn't speak last night. No US casualties so just let it calm down and buy time.
I am the Googlizer!!!

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Well the bases last night are not US bases.

That is pretty much just semantics. A base with US troops on it is a US base, it doesn´t have to be US Territory nor US Property to get that label.

Trump said Iraq will have to pay for an Air Base in Iraq if they get kicked out, so the US government seems to use the more common definition of "US Base" as well.

best regards
Thomas

extender

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:45 pm

If you improve a property, you may be liable for it if you're evicted. Depends what is specified on the lease.

Now that the Iranians launched their bottle rockets, maybe everyone will take a step back and cool off.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:49 pm

N14AZ wrote:

I guess rage cage model. Shelling empty barracks to vent anger. If there are any end-of-shelf-life cruise missiles Trump will fire a few dozen. MIC will be happy with replenishment order.

Now it is up to CNN/Democrats to figure out if there is any Trump-Iran connection. This could be a staged conflict. Ukraine seems to be the victim in any conflict.
All posts are just opinions.

N14AZ

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:06 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

I guess rage cage model. Shelling empty barracks to vent anger.

That fits to a joke I made with my colleague during lunch break. We were wondering if we could start a business, selling and delivering old helicopters and aircraft to any place so that any nation in war can destroy them and claim a victory. If business is going well, we will develop inflatable aircraft models that can be recycled after the (fake) attack. That’s more environmental friendly and we will promote it that way…

dtw2hyd wrote:
If there are any end-of-shelf-life cruise missiles Trump will fire a few dozen.

I really hope he fires nothing at all, except some strong words (… and I can tell you, sometimes his voice hurts more than a cruise missile…), saying the Iranians just hit some helicopters and that this was a good “deal” considering they killed that General and that we can now move on.

Arion640

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:11 pm

It’s hilarious how you all still think Trump is the mastermind behind the Generals death. He just gave the final order, it was the military who came up with this plan. I doubt he even knew who he was until recent weeks.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:19 pm

extender wrote:
If you improve a property, you may be liable for it if you're evicted. Depends what is specified on the lease.

since US troops are only in Iraq by tacit consent i would be surprised if there is any lease whatever.

And i think you can screw liability once you start shooting ....

best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:26 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Now it is up to CNN/Democrats to figure out if there is any Trump-Iran connection. .

Now that is the easy part: Sanction on Iran drive up oil prices, and keep Russia from going bankrupt. If you want a connection, that is the obvious one.

If there are any end-of-shelf-life cruise missiles Trump will fire a few dozen. MIC will be happy with replenishment order.

further escalation would fit Trumps MO in general, but, and that is one of the few good things to say about him, he doesn´t seem to want higher casualty numbers or risk lots of collateral damage.

best regards
Thomas

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:35 pm

N14AZ wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

I guess rage cage model. Shelling empty barracks to vent anger.

That fits to a joke I made with my colleague during lunch break. We were wondering if we could start a business, selling and delivering old helicopters and aircraft to any place so that any nation in war can destroy them and claim a victory. If business is going well, we will develop inflatable aircraft models that can be recycled after the (fake) attack. That’s more environmental friendly and we will promote it that way…

dtw2hyd wrote:
If there are any end-of-shelf-life cruise missiles Trump will fire a few dozen.

I really hope he fires nothing at all, except some strong words (… and I can tell you, sometimes his voice hurts more than a cruise missile…), saying the Iranians just hit some helicopters and that this was a good “deal” considering they killed that General and that we can now move on.

Regarding inflatable aircraft models sweden were experts during the cold war.... They were put on road airfield bases in order to make them good tartets for soviet union. There were even enhanced models with heaters to give infraread traces...

Arion640

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:48 pm

Why have no pictures emerged of the bombed air base?

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:53 pm

Arion640 wrote:
Why have no pictures emerged of the bombed air base?

That is a good question, but maybe there simple isn't anything to see with just one missile per target.

Best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:02 pm

If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs. Now, can the US just leave the entire Middle East and let the locals figure out how to live together or just kill each other. I suspect, left alone they’d figure out how to get along.

Aaron747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:47 pm

The jingoists and emasculates on Fox and Breitbart wishing for Iran to be ‘glass’ and ‘parking lots’ didn’t get their wish - no further military action at this time, and 45’s speech ended on a ‘peace’ note.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Dutchy

Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:54 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs. Now, can the US just leave the entire Middle East and let the locals figure out how to live together or just kill each other. I suspect, left alone they’d figure out how to get along.

You are really a unilateralist are you?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

casinterest

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:03 pm

It is good that cooler heads are prevailing for now, but the underlying issues are still present. Iran is under sanctions with more coming. Will Iran actually stop with the proxy wars and provocative acts?

I suspect not. How long till the next escalation?
Where ever you go, there you are.

Aaron747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:05 pm

casinterest wrote:
It is good that cooler heads are prevailing for now, but the underlying issues are still present. Iran is under sanctions with more coming. Will Iran actually stop with the proxy wars and provocative acts?

I suspect not. How long till the next escalation?

They can’t - they are stuck in a box with no outlet.

seb146

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
The jingoists and emasculates on Fox and Breitbart wishing for Iran to be ‘glass’ and ‘parking lots’ didn’t get their wish - no further military action at this time, and 45’s speech ended on a ‘peace’ note.

He is going to twist this all around to make himself innocent and a savior. And his base will eat it up and completely forget the facts, as they do.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

N14AZ

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:24 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs.

This pretty much sums it up. Thread will most probably be closed soon. See you in the next thread when the next incident happens and I think it will happen again. Iran‘s regime is now like a cat in the corner and you know how they react when you get closer to them.

N14AZ

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:33 pm

And one final word: I guess some members might not like to hear this, but I think, from a neutral point of view, the winner of this episode is Trump.

seb146

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:36 pm

N14AZ wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs.

This pretty much sums it up. Thread will most probably be closed soon. See you in the next thread when the next incident happens and I think it will happen again. Iran‘s regime is now like a cat in the corner and you know how they react when you get closer to them.

I suspect it is the occupant of the White House who will strike first again. John Bolton has said he will testify in the Senate impeachment trial if he is issued a subpoena. I suspect the impeachment in the House is the whole reason this debacle started. There was no threat from Iran. That is a fact

https://www.businessinsider.com/homelan ... ran-2020-1

From his own Department of Homeland Security, there was no threat. It was the action of a scared man not wanting impeachment to continue, I believe.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

tommy1808

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:38 pm

N14AZ wrote:
And one final word: I guess some members might not like to hear this, but I think, from a neutral point of view, the winner of this episode is Trump.

Domestically perhaps, but Iran is now more nationalistic and the US may still get kicked out of Iraq.

Best regards
Thomas

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 pm

Now Trump seems happy and are ready to talk and negotiate with Iran.

Iran won the day...

They have created a situation where EU and USA talks with different voice. USA (Israel) after it broke the nuclear agreement has seen business been praparing itself to flow anyway. USA until now had veto on international money transfers and access to credit. That veto is now broken and will never come back.

I see that USA will within 12 month be back in the nuclear agreement. The only option is that unlike today Saudi and Israel has nuclear capacity Iran will as well. The positive of this story is now that in Iran one of the biggest opponents to liberation is gone. Iran with its knowhow and engineering skills has everything to gain by open up. It could in very short time double and tripple its economy, and make it in such way that the gains survives the end of oil domination that is about to arrive.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:43 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Domestically perhaps, but Iran is now more nationalistic and the US may still get kicked out of Iraq.

Best regards
Thomas

Give Trump a few days, he will start tweeting that he heard a lot of Iranians are happy with Soleimani gone.
All posts are just opinions.

cpd

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:45 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Potentially, let’s wait and see. I have a feeling it might just have the effect of Iran plotting and planning more things and having operations ready to go.

For the moment everyone seems to have stepped back from the edge.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

You are really a unilateralist are you?

I am, the real American tragedy was the year of 1898 when that idiot TR got us into a war with Spain (!) and turned us from a continental nation into a colonial one, no different than the European ones, Netherlands included. The same year we seized an unhappy Hawaii due to Dole needs. Then, the next idiotic “progressive” Wilson got us into WW I. Truly, the War to End All Peace, we’re still fixing the Treaty of Paris. The descent into madness of believing, like the Europeans, we had a “mission to civilize” the globe. Arthur. I’m merman has a lot to answer for from the grave. Complete idiocy and never ending. European history is instructive, a thousand years until peace there. It’s gonna take a lot longer for the ME, they’re at 1,400 and counting.
Last edited by GalaxyFlyer on Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:33 pm

USA have a big problem in the middle east. They took the side or Saudi. Saudi has been created major problems like the Taliban and ISIS.

The closest allied of USA in the syri, iraq and Iran the Kurds are right now not happy with USA, and I wonder if thevrelations ever will recover.

So if USA shall not become a classic occupying force in the region or handle a government change and put back some one like saddam in the seat in Iraq again against the majority of the people the policy need to change.

This will not be possible without throwing the current government in Israel under the bus. The settlement activities and annecting the westbank to Israel will off, but on the other hand if Iran could agree to a peace agreement with real peace with Israel in exchange for the freedom of Palestinians and its own better future perhaps Israel will agree to this.

USA knows that the curent policy makes long term Iran to the winners and Israel palestinian policy into a situation where onestate is the only outcome. Do USA want the prime minister of Israel in 2050 to be called mohammed?

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:38 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
They’ve opened pandoras box now - there are other nationalities at al asad as well as Americans.

Iran warned Iraqi troops to stay at least 1km away from US bases.

The bases are not US bases.

Surprised Iran could be this stupid. Oh well they wanted this and they are going to get it.

No, this isn't Championship Wrestling..1) they started nothing. 2) They wanted what exactly? 3) They are going get what?

...I dunno, limp noodles just comes to mind when I see these childish quips coming grown ass men.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

SuperiorPilotMe

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:43 pm

olle wrote:
Saudi has been created major problems like the Taliban and ISIS?

That is not entirely true, and to what degree of truth that is I cannot testify to. But Saudi Arabia has a vested interest in combating common enemies of the US, Israel and various other Arabian and North African nations, enemies that include ISIL/Daesh and Al Qaeda and affiliates, as they have been most notably in the current Yemeni conflict.

Osama Bin Laden, as a Saudi national, does/did NOT represent Saudi national policy. That would be like saying Timothy McVeigh or the Orlando Night Club and Las Vegas shooters represented US policy - and that’s an apt analogy as Bin Laden is responsible for many Saudi deaths.
Stop the stupids!- Claus Kellerman