SuperiorPilotMe

Re: Head Iran Gen Killed In Air Strike

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:49 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs. Now, can the US just leave the entire Middle East and let the locals figure out how to live together or just kill each other. I suspect, left alone they’d figure out how to get along.

You are really a unilateralist are you?

I am, the real American tragedy was the year of 1898 when that idiot TR got us into a war with Spain (!) and turned us from a continental nation into a colonial one, no different than the European ones, Netherlands included. The same year we seized an unhappy Hawaii due to Dole needs. Then, the next idiotic “progressive” Wilson got us into WW I. Truly, the War to End All Peace, we’re still fixing the Treaty of Paris. The descent into madness of believing, like the Europeans, we had a “mission to civilize” the globe. Arthur. I’m merman has a lot to answer for from the grave. Complete idiocy and never ending. European history is instructive, a thousand years until peace there. It’s gonna take a lot longer for the ME, they’re at 1,400 and counting.

Don’t forget direct US and European interference in the Middle East. The Yemeni legacy of the former British colony of Aden. The Shah of Iran being installed by the CIA after the CIA overthrew the populist, semi-secular government. Saddam having explicit US blessings including weapons deliveries to counter the Revolutionary government of Iran.
Stop the stupids!- Claus Kellerman

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:28 pm

it doesn't appear any were shot down by US Patriot missiles, which I find concerning. can someone explain why that didn't happen? even if they purposely missed our troops.

L410Turbolet

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:32 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
Now it is up to CNN/Democrats to figure out if there is any Trump-Iran connection. .

Now that is the easy part: Sanction on Iran drive up oil prices, and keep Russia from going bankrupt. If you want a connection, that is the obvious one.

I thought the Mutti's Nord Stream 2 keeps Germany's eternal partner Russia not going bankrupt? Your lecturing in this regard reeks with hypocrisy.
If appeasment doesn't work, then why Merkel & Micron are doing exactly that vis-a-vis Putin?

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
it doesn't appear any were shot down by US Patriot missiles, which I find concerning. can someone explain why that didn't happen? even if they purposely missed our troops.

I read somewhere there are no Patriots deployed in Iraq, which makes sense as they’re expensive and the threat prior to last night didn’t justify them.

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 pm

So Saudi did not support yesterdays freedomfighters the Talibans against the soviets?

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:52 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

I read somewhere there are no Patriots deployed in Iraq, which makes sense as they’re expensive and the threat prior to last night didn’t justify them.

so we know Iran has those ballistic missiles and we know everything about them. We have technology to shoot them down. We didn't have it in place, and we didn't try to put it in place? None of the security at our bases in Iraq had a chance against those missiles.

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:56 pm

The terror organizations that Iran supports is Hisbollah and Hamaz.

Hisbollah was created in 1982 after the Israeli invation of libanon.

Hamas there is romours that Israel in the start supported them in order to divide the PLO and the palestinian people. If the romour is correct they succeded over their wildest dreams. In the mirror it became a dragon seed that went totally out of control.

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:59 pm

They also most correctly supported the terror organisation against what they see as occupation force in Iraq after the USA invation.

The history could had been very different if USA had continued to work with Iran in 2002 after they together forced Taliban out of their pisitions.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:10 pm

So really, who caused the 'pause'?

1) Was it Putin telling his WH Pet, stand down!

2) Was it out of personal concern of bombs exploding at trump Properties around the globe? (Imagine ppl steering clear of those places out of sheer fear).

3) Was it an official FUBAR admission of 'it should have never come to this' by some 'accidental' sane mind showing up.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:26 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

so we know Iran has those ballistic missiles and we know everything about them. We have technology to shoot them down. We didn't have it in place, and we didn't try to put it in place? None of the security at our bases in Iraq had a chance against those missiles.

Apparently they had 11 chances last night. Also, it’s not an American installation, it’s Iraqi, so they get a vote.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:27 pm

BN747 wrote:

2) Was it out of personal concern of bombs exploding at trump Properties around the globe? (Imagine ppl steering clear of those places out of sheer fear).

3) Was it an official FUBAR admission of 'it should have never come to this' by some 'accidental' sane mind showing up.

BN747

Or,

4) both sides decided it wasn’t in their interest, at this moment, to continue.

olle

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:29 pm

Trump wanted a small war and USA bases attacked in front of impeachements and elections.

Now usa, saudi and Israel got the message that Iran can attack specific objects like the saudi oil production. If Iran really wanted to beat back right now major part of Saudi oil production would e whiped out. Instead they declared victory, and has given usa snd the saudis that their guided missiles creates a bigger threat then any nuclear bomb can give.

Therefore it is time to go back to negotiating table from position of strength.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Or,

OR the protagonist was made to realize 'he made a Colossal FUBAR'...but I'll go with Putin who stands to gain the most from it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

Dutchy

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:37 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Good, Trump had his day, now the mullahs had theirs. Now, can the US just leave the entire Middle East and let the locals figure out how to live together or just kill each other. I suspect, left alone they’d figure out how to get along.

I am, the real American tragedy was the year of 1898 when that idiot TR got us into a war with Spain (!) and turned us from a continental nation into a colonial one, no different than the European ones, Netherlands included. The same year we seized an unhappy Hawaii due to Dole needs. Then, the next idiotic “progressive” Wilson got us into WW I. Truly, the War to End All Peace, we’re still fixing the Treaty of Paris. The descent into madness of believing, like the Europeans, we had a “mission to civilize” the globe. Arthur. I’m merman has a lot to answer for from the grave. Complete idiocy and never ending. European history is instructive, a thousand years until peace there. It’s gonna take a lot longer for the ME, they’re at 1,400 and counting.

Treaty of Versaille you mean?

Anyhow, hate to bring it to you, but you were a colony yourself, so the whole argument is bogus. But at least I can understand where your thinking goes wrong.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

casinterest

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:43 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
It is good that cooler heads are prevailing for now, but the underlying issues are still present. Iran is under sanctions with more coming. Will Iran actually stop with the proxy wars and provocative acts?

I suspect not. How long till the next escalation?

They can’t - they are stuck in a box with no outlet.

If only there was some kind of agreement to monitor Iran and prevent them from having Nukes.................................... :duck: :banghead:
Where ever you go, there you are.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 pm

BN747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

Or,

OR the protagonist was made to realize 'he made a Colossal FUBAR'...but I'll go with Putin who stands to gain the most from it.

BN747

I get that the US made a big action by taking the general out, but this again wasn’t the first move in the chess board. Are forgetting it was Iranian proxies that attacked our embassy? That they mined our allies ships? Are we just supposed to ignore those and say “America started it they killed the general”.

Good on both sides to de-escalate btw, no one needs another war.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm

casinterest wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
It is good that cooler heads are prevailing for now, but the underlying issues are still present. Iran is under sanctions with more coming. Will Iran actually stop with the proxy wars and provocative acts?

I suspect not. How long till the next escalation?

If only there was some kind of agreement to monitor Iran and prevent them from having Nukes.................................... :duck: :banghead:

Well, that agreement wasn’t worth much when it took all of a week for them to restart production. I do think a real agreement should be reached, but it should involve the complete dismantling of the ability of Iran to produce a nuclear weapon.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Anyhow, hate to bring it to you, but you were a colony yourself, so the whole argument is bogus. But at least I can understand where your thinking goes wrong.

Yes, Versailles. We were a colony, we revolted and created our own nation. How’s that germane, we weren’t colonizers until the Spanish-American War?

Dutchy

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:31 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Yes, Versailles. We were a colony, we revolted and created our own nation. How’s that germane, we weren’t colonizers until the Spanish-American War?

And what about California? Is invaded by the Republic before the Spanish-American war.

Anyhow, what I said, it is a stupid argument, America woulldnot be what it is today if it had followed you train of thought. So what you preceived as the nation what you are so proud of, isn't the nation what you would have build.

This is all off topic, so if you want to discuss your misconception, you are welcome to open a topic about it.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

scbriml

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:36 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Has Patriot ever shot down anything in anger, other than an RAF Tornado?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

SanDiegoLover

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:40 pm

N757ST wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Well, that agreement wasn’t worth much when it took all of a week for them to restart production. I do think a real agreement should be reached, but it should involve the complete dismantling of the ability of Iran to produce a nuclear weapon.

You obviously never read, nor understood the nuclear agreement. I haven’t met a Trump supporter yet that has read or understood it either. Tragic.

seb146

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:43 pm

N757ST wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

As per the agreement, the international nuclear inspectors were allowed entry into every nuclear site. They had sites operating for power, which was the agreement. I am not sure what you are getting at. The world, including Iran, agreed to what they were doing. Now, there is no agreement. Do you honestly think Iran will want to negotiate with the current American administration? I'll give you a hint on the answer: two letters, starts with "n" and ends with "o"....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

And what about California? Is invaded by the Republic before the Spanish-American war.

Anyhow, what I said, it is a stupid argument, America woulldnot be what it is today if it had followed you train of thought. So what you preceived as the nation what you are so proud of, isn't the nation what you would have build.

This is all off topic, so if you want to discuss your misconception, you are welcome to open a topic about it.

I don’t want the US to be what it is today. It’s not off-topic, it’s on point as to why the US involved in the ME.

Back to topic, we should now leave, completely and unilaterally..
Last edited by GalaxyFlyer on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:07 pm

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Or,

BN747

I get that the US made a big action by taking the general out, but this again wasn’t the first move in the chess board. Are forgetting it was Iranian proxies that attacked our embassy? That they mined our allies ships? Are we just supposed to ignore those and say “America started it they killed the general”.

wrong
Wrong
WRONG...on all counts.

Now the truth emerges...

Trump (as all bad children do..run to tell their version to mom before any facts are uncovered) - he gave his views but mostly continued trashing Obama was the main content (no Hilary slams?).

Then the gang of Eight received their Intel briefing ... and out comes trump loyalist Sen. Mike Lee R-UT, saying this...

Conservative Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) blasted the Trump administration on Wednesday for their “unconstitutional” briefing on why President Donald Trump assassinated Iranian General Qassim Suleimani.

CBS News reporter Kathryn Watson described Lee as “ANGRY.”

“It’s un-American, it’s unconstitutional, and it’s wrong,” Lee said.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/gop-se ... istration/

A GOP'er with a serious conscious???

He basically called the briefing's preface 'No need to talk about it, discuss it, look into anything because you may put our troops in harms way'..that really pissed Lee off and rightfully so!

Sound familiar? Remember, don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see...just move on'

Apparently, there never was an imminent threat against the US made by Gen. Soliamani..never happened.

We were boldly told that this assassination was necessary to save lives ONLY to learn...there was NO such danger and the decision was a bonehead move by a man who has no f*n clue what he's doing.
His sick impulses will twitter us into WWIII because he has no vision and no idea of the concept 'consequences'...

Now MAGA fans keep digging for excuses...but the jig is up. You guys were all jacked up ready to Kill Kill Kill and risk American lives over some bullshit you were fed by your inept lying hero!

Next up, Congressional Hearings on how all this came to be.

Who told trump to take out Soliamani? Who? trump can't even spell Tehran let alone name a single person in Iran. Where was this strategy conceived?

We've been had by a reality show clown trying to score political/poll points on the cheap as he's always done...short cuts to winning.

More Articles of Impeachment or censure at the least.

BN747

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:21 pm

I’m amazed that you support Sen. Lee. He’s a great small government, bring the troops home kind of guy. Right in my political wheelhouse.

LMP737

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
The Iranian response was quite restrained and not IMO designed to kill anyone, it was mainly for domestic consumption, to show the Iranian public that they were doing something, they cited UN article 51 as the reason for the reprisal. However I don't believe this is the end of it, Persians like the Chinese have very long memories, they will play the waiting game, as they say revenge is a dish best served cold.

Not having casualties was just plain dumb luck IMHO. I don't think the Iranians have the targeting or intel capabilities to be able to pick buildings out for a conventionally armed ballistic missile based on whether or not there are people in them,
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:26 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I’m amazed that you support Sen. Lee. He’s a great small government, bring the troops home kind of guy. Right in my political wheelhouse.

I guess you are addressing me...you are confusing 'support' with announcing a crack in the GOP Dam of Protection of the Incompetent-in-Chief.

And FYI, small government is ideal for people with horrible math skills and no understanding of the Nature of humans (mixed with power) at all.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:27 pm

LMP737

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:28 pm

N757ST wrote:

You seem to be ignoring what set this whole chain of events in motion. That is Trump pulling out of the nuclear accords that Iran was abiding by,

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:30 pm

LMP737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

You seem to be ignoring what set this whole chain of events in motion. That is Trump pulling out of the nuclear accords that Iran was abiding by,

Gotcha, so that is what “forced” Iran to mine ships, shoot down drones, and attack an embassy? Cool.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 pm

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

wrong
Wrong
WRONG...on all counts.

Now the truth emerges...

Trump (as all bad children do..run to tell their version to mom before any facts are uncovered) - he gave his views but mostly continued trashing Obama was the main content (no Hilary slams?).

Then the gang of Eight received their Intel briefing ... and out comes trump loyalist Sen. Mike Lee R-UT, saying this...

Conservative Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) blasted the Trump administration on Wednesday for their “unconstitutional” briefing on why President Donald Trump assassinated Iranian General Qassim Suleimani.

He basically called the briefing's preface 'No need to talk about it, discuss it, look into anything because you may put our troops in harms way'..that really pissed Lee off and rightfully so!

Sound familiar? Remember, don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see...just move on'

Apparently, there never was an imminent threat against the US made by Gen. Soliamani..never happened.

We were boldly told that this assassination was necessary to save lives ONLY to learn...there was NO such danger and the decision was a bonehead move by a man who has no f*n clue what he's doing.
His sick impulses will twitter us into WWIII because he has no vision and no idea of the concept 'consequences'...

Now MAGA fans keep digging for excuses...but the jig is up. You guys were all jacked up ready to Kill Kill Kill and risk American lives over some bullshit you were fed by your inept lying hero!

Who told trump to take out Soliamani? Who? trump can't even spell Tehran let alone name a single person in Iran. Where was this strategy conceived?

We've been had by a reality show clown trying to score political/poll points on the cheap as he's always done...short cuts to winning.

BN747

Ok, so the shooting down of a drone, mining ships, and attacking an embassy don’t matter, got it, no provocation.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:36 pm

BN747 wrote:
Who told trump to take out Soliamani?

BN747

Apparently Pentagon presented as one of the options and Trump fixated on the General to their surprise. To know what happens when Trump gets fixated on someone, you have to listen to access hollywood tape.

If Mrs.Pelosi didn't fall for a handful of Dems(and CNN) who where pushing to impeach Trump without votes in Senate, we wouldn't be here. She should know better if cornered he will do something like this.

Trump made it very clear wiping out Obama legacy is his #1 task, and he had been consistent.

BTW, the General was not supposed to leave his country per sanctions, he should be aware of the risks visiting a country with large US military presence.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
N757ST wrote:
casinterest wrote:

You obviously never read, nor understood the nuclear agreement. I haven’t met a Trump supporter yet that has read or understood it either. Tragic.

Oh I understood it. I’m not a trumpet, actually a Bloomberg man but whatever. The fact remains a week after this altercation they are back to building a bomb, proof that the agreement wasn’t worth a damn. The agreement did nothing to roll back the program, it just kept it status quo which would give Iran unlimited potential going forward to put their foot on our neck.

LMP737

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:40 pm

N757ST wrote:

Gotcha, so that is what “forced” Iran to mine ships, shoot down drones, and attack an embassy? Cool.

Once again, do you think any of those things would have happened if Trump had kept the US in those accords? Simple yes or no will suffice.

LMP737

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 pm

N757ST wrote:

The agreement did nothing to roll back the program, it just kept it status quo which would give Iran unlimited potential going forward to put their foot on our neck.

Explain how a third world country on the other side of the planet with an economy and military a fraction the size of ours would be able to put a foot on our neck?

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 pm

seb146 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
casinterest wrote:

As per the agreement, the international nuclear inspectors were allowed entry into every nuclear site. They had sites operating for power, which was the agreement. I am not sure what you are getting at. The world, including Iran, agreed to what they were doing. Now, there is no agreement. Do you honestly think Iran will want to negotiate with the current American administration? I'll give you a hint on the answer: two letters, starts with "n" and ends with "o"....

Cool, they got to inspect the sites. They claimed they were enriching uranium for power use. A lot of people had a problem with this. This could have been solved by a unilateral agreement to buy fuel rods from a foreign country. But the status quo continued and they didn’t progress their program. Now they have, and they want a bomb. Oh, and they’re happy to work with proxies around the world, fantastic.

Of note, none of this is against the Iran PEOPLE, who I’ve met and dealt with and are generally fantastic. They are more secular then the majority of the ME, but their religious government is certainly an issue.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:46 pm

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

wrong
Wrong
WRONG...on all counts.

Now the truth emerges...

BN747

Ok, so the shooting down of a drone, mining ships, and attacking an embassy don’t matter, got it, no provocation.

Yes, nefarious acts occur everywhere in some form or another, If you've ever been a soldier stationed in foreign country (friendly or not so much)..which I doubt you have, there is every offense of locals, stealing scamming from the US base, etc.

We are at their doorstep and not wanted by any Arabs but the Saudis - we expect antagonistic acts like this constantly, we are the Super Power there, we know can crush them with ease..so the one thing we will not do is play tit-for-tat for every single incident..we are not Nazi Storm troopers, nor Communist soldiers who kill an entire village (we did with Lt. Calley in Vietnam) in retaliation of an attack or shooting.

That is not how might is dispensed if you are 'measured and calculated' in how you use it.

So yeah..you 'got it' now. We've departed the era of caveman warfare for quite sometime...there are exceptions of course, see the Clown/Coward-in-Chief.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:47 pm

LMP737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

The agreement did nothing to roll back the program, it just kept it status quo which would give Iran unlimited potential going forward to put their foot on our neck.

Explain how a third world country on the other side of the planet with an economy and military a fraction the size of ours would be able to put a foot on our neck?

Developing a nuke and using terrorist proxies around the world.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:53 pm

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:

wrong
Wrong
WRONG...on all counts.

Now the truth emerges...

BN747

Yes, nefarious acts occur everywhere in some form or another, If you've ever been a soldier stationed in foreign country (friendly or not so much)..which I doubt you have, there is every offense of locals, stealing scamming from the US base, etc.

We are at their doorstep and not wanted by any Arabs but the Saudis - we expect antagonistic acts like this constantly, we are the Super Power there, we know can crush them with ease..so the one thing we will not do is play tit-for-tat for every single incident..we are not Nazi Storm troopers, nor Communist soldiers who kill an entire village (we did with Lt. Calley in Vietnam) in retaliation of an attack or shooting.

That is not how might is dispensed if you are 'measured and calculated' in how you use it.

So yeah..you 'got it' now. We've departed the era of caveman warfare for quite sometime...there are exceptions of course, the the Clown/Coward-in-Chief.

BN747

Ah, to quote frozen... let it go, let it go. They attack us just let it go because we are more civilized. I don’t agree with siding with the saudis, and think the average Iranian is above board compared to the rest of the region, but locals weren’t attacking our embassy, locals didn’t shoot our drone, and locals didn’t attack our allied ships. The government of Iran did. All these attacks perpetrated by this one general.

BN747

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:55 pm

N757ST wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

So!

Who are we to say who and who cannot make nukes.

We deter it through largely effective measures..but there are no rules stopping any nation from developing/achieving subatomic particle manipulation for a far more destructive weapon..and one day in the near future some college kid in Bangladesh or Qatar just might do - then what?

terrorist proxies you're looking are wrong source of that....peek in on the Wahabbis.

BN747

LMP737

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 pm

N757ST wrote:

That's pretty thin. The truth of the matter is that we already have our foot on their neck. And then we act surprise when respond the way they do.

N757ST

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:58 pm

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

So!

We deter it through largely effective measures..but there are no rules stopping any nation from developing/achieving subatomic particle manipulation for a far more destructive weapon..and one day in the near future some college kid in Bangladesh or Qatar just might do - then what?

terrorist proxies you're looking are wrong source of that....peek in on the Wahabbis.

BN747

A willingness to supply extremest groups and a wonton desire to build a nuclear weapon. Oh what a fantastic combination.

BN747

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:04 am

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

So!

BN747

A willingness to supply extremest groups and a wonton desire to build a nuclear weapon. Oh what a fantastic combination.

Have any idea how many nations harbor those dreams and how many buyers exist on the black market?

Cops can't be everywhere, even the World cops...

Pakistan has all that...ALL of it! And you're worried about Iran? One nation is far more cultured (wise) than the other...pay attention.

BN747
Last edited by BN747 on Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:06 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

that was back in 2011.

DeltaMD90

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:08 am

N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

So!

BN747

I'm absolutely no fan of their government... They've supported terror, led to American deaths, yadaya. And I think it's foolish to think they simply want "nuclear power" and no nuke.

But come on, they are not suicidal. They don't want to be a huge glass parking lot. I think way too many people make Iran to be a boogyman, and it's this thinking that leads us to another crappy Iraq war.

Do I want them to have nukes? Absolutely not. Should be dangle carrots in front of them or use sanctions to prevent them? Absolutely. But it's hard to 100% stop them short of a war, another war no one wants. I don't think the decades of war and trillion dollars is worth it, they aren't gonna launch a nuke after finishing it, and they know the world isn't stupid enough to be like "omg how did Hezbollah blow up Israel? Wonder who did it? Gee." Any nuke they make that is used IS them using it, and then using it = no mo Iran

LMP737

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:09 am

N757ST wrote:

Wow, sounds a lot like the arguments used in 2002.

Do we really have a leg to stand on? Why don't you look up the body count that resulted from the 2003 invasion? Iran is a position of power in Iraq because of us. We supply weapons to the Saudi's who use those weapons to help make the current mess in Yemen

N757ST

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:14 am

LMP737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

Do we really have a leg to stand on? Why don't you look up the body count that resulted from the 2003 invasion? Iran is a position of power in Iraq because of us. We supply weapons to the Saudi's who use those weapons to help make the current mess in Yemen

Do you not see a nuclear weapon is far different from anything including a MOAB. One nuke in a terrorists hands can obliterate 10x the losses in the Iraq war. The Iranian government chants death to America, funds terrorist networks, and yet oh why they wouldn’t supply that to them. That’s crazy?!! Really?

BN747

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:18 am

N757ST wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
N757ST wrote:

Do you not see a nuclear weapon is far different from anything including a MOAB. One nuke in a terrorists hands can obliterate 10x the losses in the Iraq war. The Iranian government chants death to America, funds terrorist networks, and yet oh why they wouldn’t supply that to them. That’s crazy?!! Really?

Exit, stage left!

BN747

N757ST

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:21 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
BN747 wrote:

So!

BN747

I'm absolutely no fan of their government... They've supported terror, led to American deaths, yadaya. And I think it's foolish to think they simply want "nuclear power" and no nuke.

But come on, they are not suicidal. They don't want to be a huge glass parking lot. I think way too many people make Iran to be a boogyman, and it's this thinking that leads us to another crappy Iraq war.

Do I want them to have nukes? Absolutely not. Should be dangle carrots in front of them or use sanctions to prevent them? Absolutely. But it's hard to 100% stop them short of a war, another war no one wants. I don't think the decades of war and trillion dollars is worth it, they aren't gonna launch a nuke after finishing it, and they know the world isn't stupid enough to be like "omg how did Hezbollah blow up Israel? Wonder who did it? Gee." Any nuke they make that is used IS them using it, and then using it = no mo Iran

They are mining ships, destroying drones, funding terrorist factions that attack our interests, and then attack our embassy. I have no idea what they want, except they do all the above and are developing nuclear weapons. At least to me this doesn’t seem like an all that stable situation. Give up their nuclear interests entirely in agreement and stop supplying terrorist networks, in exchange we life all sanctions against your country and establish an embassy. How f’ing hard is that.

N757ST

Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:27 am

BN747 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

Exit, stage left!

BN747

Yeah, I’m crazy for wondering why a religiously extremist government who overtly funds terrorist groups shouldn’t get a nuke. Crazy me. The people of Iran are good folks that are the least extremist I the region, too bad for their government.