BN747
Topic Author

B*O*M*B*S*H*E*L*L

Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:47 pm

Just watched Bombshell featuring Charlize Theron (as Megyn Kelly) Nicole Kidman (as Gretchen Carlson) John Lithgow as Roger Ailes and a hilarious spoof by comedian Richard Kind as Rudy Guiliani.

Having seen The Loudest Voice, a Showtime 8-part miniseries centering on Ailes himself.

But must say that Bombshell did a far better portrayal of Ailes (Lithgow vs Russell Crowe in The Loudest Voice) in a fraction of the time used in the 8 hour miniseries The Loudest Voice.

Although the telling is from Megyn Kelly's POV, who I have zero respect for, but played by Charlize Theron, who I love in everything she does!

Bombshell does a far better job of presenting this from a largely FEMALE perspective whereas The Loudest Voice walked more of a centerline with heavy male perspectives (It's about Ailes after all).

Bombshell really captures the female vibes crossing paths and colliding in a way that makes any viewer feel it - from their viewpoint with stunning accuracy. It perfectly shows the intersection of the endless directions of the female variations/views on 'sexuality' itself. It showcases the varied misunderstandings and conflicts between women themselves - which many males have witnessed or seen but write off as 'chicks disagreeing'.

Bombshell also takes you to the heart of the white male Republican/Conservative thought center on nearly everything important to them, power, control, loyalty and the role of women.

In a particular scene where Ailes is attempting mitigate the perceived 'over the top' reactions to the supposed allegations.

Ailes: It explains why superiority is on the hands of men. We sometimes have to do bad things..and when we do, we don't have any damn feelings after the fact.

That is paraphrasing, but it was stunning and summed up every scene where men were under pressure or exerting control/dominance.

Sorry for any spoilers. Any other observations?

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

MaverickM11

Re: B*O*M*B*S*H*E*L*L

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:04 am

Charlize Theron was incredible but MegYn Kelly is just the worst, “please feel sorry for me because this misogynist, white nationalist, sexual predator organization that I knowingly worked for and amplified victimized me. And then the sexual predator president it acted as a mouthpiece for also harassed me.” Good riddance.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BN747
Topic Author

Re: B*O*M*B*S*H*E*L*L

Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
Charlize Theron was incredible but MegYn Kelly is just the worst, “please feel sorry for me because this misogynist, white nationalist, sexual predator organization that I knowingly worked for and amplified victimized me. And then the sexual predator president it acted as a mouthpiece for also harassed me.” Good riddance.

She had me feeling sorry for Megyn Kelly at times because anyone (sane) could relate to being at the center of such controversy of ignoring the horrid past where she chose to excel rather than speak (which is wise to move ahead BUT the price will haunt your consciousness forever - which was point made in that last scene.

She ultimately had to own up to errors and confirm Ailes' actions, but had she done so sooner...she may have earned a little redemption, just a little.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson