Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cpd

Re: Novel Coronavirus outbreak

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Rumours are suggesting the AGP is off now too, which is kind of awkward given the teams have arrived in Australia already. Nothing official as yet.

PixelPilot

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:54 pm

M564038 wrote:
We are closing schools, business are telling people to work from home, they are considering closing airports etc. We are in full lock down any day/hour now.

It is just what it takes to put the brakes on this thing, as has been shown in china.
And we are even a few days late doing this.

Hospitals can reduce lethality drastically as best practices improve and resources aren’t stretched. This is why we do these things.
Do we want 0,01% dead or do we want 3%?

The actions every country takes within the next few days, counted from last week in most of europe, and a few days ago in the US will decide this.

This is where people like Trump really are starting to cost lifes.

What about every other head of state that didn't folow or still isn't following with what needs ot be done?
What with this obsession that Trump is at fault for everything that is happening ROFL!

This will shock you now but if people weren't so FILTHY it wouldn't spread so fast. Blame Trump for that too lol.

M564038

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:59 pm

Trump is the prime example of this right now. (Joined by Putin, Erdogan, Bolsonaro and the rest of his fascist friends) He has all the information he needs, still he blames everyone else and downplays everything.

Like yourself.

PixelPilot wrote:
M564038 wrote:
We are closing schools, business are telling people to work from home, they are considering closing airports etc. We are in full lock down any day/hour now.

It is just what it takes to put the brakes on this thing, as has been shown in china.

Hospitals can reduce lethality drastically as best practices improve and resources aren’t stretched. This is why we do these things.

The actions every country takes within the next few days, counted from last week in most of europe, and a few days ago in the US will decide this.

What about every other head of state that didn't folow or still isn't following with what needs ot be done?
What with this obsession that Trump is at fault for everything that is happening ROFL!

This will shock you now but if people weren't so FILTHY it wouldn't spread so fast. Blame Trump for that too lol.

theaviator380

Re: Novel Coronavirus outbreaks

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:14 pm

My sister lives in California, she is exhibiting typical covid-19 symptoms since last 3 days...cough, temp is up n down, fatigue.

She has a baby 6 months old, she rang her doctors, they took her details and rang back with series of questionnaire... apparently told her 'negative' and test is not required !

She is stressed and worried to pass on to her family !

Not nice....she has not been to Italy China Korea Japan Iran but knowing local transmission within community, surprised she is not even put of the list to get tested.
Last edited by theaviator380 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dutchy

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:22 pm

theaviator380 wrote:
My sister lives in California, she is exhibiting typical covid-19 symptoms since last 3 days...cough, temp is up n down, fatigue.

She has a baby 6 months old, she rang her doctors, they took her details and rang back with series of questionnaire... apparently told her 'negative' and test is not required !

Not nice....she has been to Italy China Korea Japan Iran but knowing local transmission within community, surprised she is not even put of the list to get tested.

There you go, the problem in the US is quite a bit bigger than is known. Hope your sister and niece will be fine in a few days/weeks.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

theaviator380

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:
theaviator380 wrote:

Not nice....she has been to Italy China Korea Japan Iran but knowing local transmission within community, surprised she is not even put of the list to get tested.

There you go, the problem in the US is quite a bit bigger than is known. Hope your sister and niece will be fine in a few days/weeks.

Apologies, I edited my post, typo error. I meant she 'has not' been to those countries but you would expect she gets tested as a precaution especially knowing she is a new mum and risk to infant !

Thanks for your wishes ! Appreciated.

bennett123

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:34 pm

Having a six year old daughter suggests that she is not elderly.

Also children seem to be less vulnerable.

These are all good signs.

try to stay positive.

Etika

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:42 pm

theaviator380 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
theaviator380 wrote:

Apologies, I edited my post, typo error. I meant she 'has not' been to those countries but you would expect she gets tested as a precaution especially knowing she is a new mum and risk to infant !

Thanks for your wishes ! Appreciated.

There has not been a single fatality of a child under 10 and extremely few cases for that young. And even those few have been mild in symptoms. The disease does not seem to affect the young. So, while the situation is still not nice, at least she should be at ease that if it is Covid-19, she isn't a risk to the infant.

Dieuwer

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Should we call COVID-19 the Babyboomer Virus? After all, it is mostly the elderly that suffer from it.

PixelPilot

Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:56 pm

M564038 wrote:
Trump is the prime example of this right now. (Joined by Putin, Erdogan, Bolsonaro and the rest of his fascist friends) He has all the information he needs, still he blames everyone else and downplays everything.

Like yourself.

PixelPilot wrote:
M564038 wrote:

As person that comes from a family that was hit by fascists pretty bad I find your intelligence level on par with my boys hamster.
Keep spinning that wheel. Maybe lack of oxygen will clear your head at some point.

PixelPilot

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:03 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you seriously claim to work in the aviation industry? How can you then claim that connections to the US from ROK or Japan are coming from 'just one airport'? Are you aware that KE has a massive network from all over the world feeding into its ICN hub? They fly to literally every corner of the globe. From KIX/NGO/NRT/HND in Japan there are flights to all over North America and beyond.

And you also once again display poor scientific knowledge, claiming that 'because they are screening' is sufficient - screening is not completely effective with a long incubation period. At most Asian airports, they are doing temperature screenings and passport checks only - this is not significantly different from what is being done in Korea or Japan.

Figures that the straight-faced apologism parade continues after POTUS made such a shitshow of a simple Oval Office address that people from both sides of the aisle are calling for resignation. The best case scenario you can say now is that they have closed the barn door after the horses already got out - that's exactly the situation we have. Community spread cases within the US are going to transition from arithmetic to logarithmic scale in quite short order. Don't take my word for it - you can watch the testimony from Dr. Redfield and Dr. Fauci yesterday.

He mentioned South Korea, they only have one airport with flights to the US. And yes screening is not sufficient, I think they should just close the borders to the US and just let US citizens and residents in while the country gets in order.

As for resignation, you guys have been calling for resignation, removal, impeachment for 3 years, now you are using this as another excuse.

The travel ban will just help slow the situation a bit, most of the cases here in Florida are from people who traveled outside of the country, specifically Europe. So I applaud this.

Quote the scientific basis for your statement.

Here’s the statement from an ex-Homeland Security director:

https://twitter.com/tombossert/status/1 ... 75008?s=21

In two weeks, we will regret wasting time and energy on travel restrictions and wish we focused more on hospital preparation and large scale community mitigation.

Ya’ll still have no understanding of what the medical professionals and epidemiologists are talking about.

So you think you can build hospitals that will be able to take 150M people on intensive care? LULZ
Community mitigation? You don't need Trump to say anything. Just close all events locally. State officials can do this so why didn't they? It is happening more and more but still slow.
If everybody is so smart why aren't they doing anything?
Shortly there will be no beds for most people. Would happen no matter what. Wash your hands, boost immune system and stay away from people. Nobody can save you from this and your behavior is your best chance of survival.
And answer me this. What do you think ANY leader should do in this case? Be like China, cement people in buildings, let them die and burn what's left or something else? What's the best way in your opinion to solve this global crisis since you're so full of wisdom?
Last edited by PixelPilot on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stratable

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Just a quick update:
The virus is confirmed to be in 46 States.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/us/state ... index.html
A313 319/20/21 332/3 343 359 B734/8 742/4/4M 752/3 763ER 772/E/W 787-8/-9 CRJ900 CS300 ERJ-145 F70 Q100/300/400

Dutchy

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Dieuwer wrote:
Should we call COVID-19 the Babyboomer Virus? After all, it is mostly the elderly that suffer from it.

yes, now, it mostly effects the elderly, although the strain in Italy seems to affect younger people a bit more. Don't kid yourself, with the Spanish flue - 1917/18, that was the case as well. The next northern. winter it came back and affected everyone equally.

B747forever

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:11 pm

And now all schools (K-12) in Ohio will be closed for 3 weeks starting Monday.
Work Hard, Fly Right

olle

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:21 pm

B747forever wrote:

Too late to avoid a major outbreak in USA.

in the meantime it is considered that UK has 10000 cases;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 96186.html

Cadet985

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:38 pm

I think right now is a bunch of overreacting. With the sports leagues canceling/postponing, gatherings being curtailed, there’s nothing to do. They’re basically telling us we have to remain home — which is not an option for me since I hate being in my house.

When you look at the global population vs the number of cases, the number is beyond minuscule...a very small fraction of a percent.

More people in NYC have a cold or the flu right now than have coronavirus worldwide.

I’m not scared or concerned, and I sure as hell am not putting my life and enjoyment on hold.

Marc

seahawk

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:41 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
seahawk wrote:
KFTG wrote:
Typical from you. Tell me, WHY CAN I FLY TO SOUTH KOREA *RIGHT NOW* but soon I can't fly to Belgium? What Trump said in the teleprompter was INCORRECT. I SWEAR TO GOD, he could defecate live on national TV and you people would congratulate him for wiping.
Pathetic!

Simply because Trump knows much more about the Virus than any other political leader. Even the scientists ask him for advice.

Lord if this isn't irony please take me now :weeping:

“I like this stuff. You know my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like, a record number of years. He was a great supergenius, Dr. John Trump.” “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

gatibosgru

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:44 pm

seahawk wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Simply because Trump knows much more about the Virus than any other political leader. Even the scientists ask him for advice.

“I like this stuff. You know my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like, a record number of years. He was a great supergenius, Dr. John Trump.” “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

"My uncle was a Dr, therefore I know a lot about this stuff"
Oy vey! At least know I know it wasn't irony.
@DadCelo

gatibosgru

Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:53 pm

Disneyland and California Adventure will close from March 14 until the end of the month
https://www.ign.com/articles/disneyland ... s-concerns
@DadCelo

Aesma

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:02 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
seahawk wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:

"My uncle was a Dr, therefore I know a lot about this stuff"
Oy vey! At least know I know it wasn't irony.

Trump didn't know the flu could kill...even though it killed his grandfather !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

dtw2hyd

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:02 pm

B747forever wrote:

Metro Detroit area school districts are prepping for distance learning. They haven't announced, but it is safe to assume schools will be closed until the end of spring break.

There are several issues. Digital devide is one issue, some may not have broadband. And the not to discussed kids lunch programs, for many poor kids schools are primary source of lunch. Without school they may have to skip a meal. Sad irony for a developed country.
All posts are just opinions.

B747forever

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:07 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
B747forever wrote:

Metro Detroit area school districts are prepping for distance learning. They haven't announced, but it is safe to assume schools will be closed until the end of spring break.

There are several issues. Digital devide is one issue, some may not have broadband. And the not to discussed kids lunch programs, for many poor kids schools are primary source of lunch. Without school they may have to skip a meal. Sad irony for a developed country.

And Maryland has also announced a similar closure of schools.

I am sure it will happen here in California too.
Work Hard, Fly Right

bgm

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
I think right now is a bunch of overreacting. With the sports leagues canceling/postponing, gatherings being curtailed, there’s nothing to do. They’re basically telling us we have to remain home — which is not an option for me since I hate being in my house.

When you look at the global population vs the number of cases, the number is beyond minuscule...a very small fraction of a percent.

More people in NYC have a cold or the flu right now than have coronavirus worldwide.

I’m not scared or concerned, and I sure as hell am not putting my life and enjoyment on hold.

Marc

So the pandemic should be allowed to spread because you get bored at home? Is this some kind of sick joke?

There are some seriously warped people on this forum. :sarcastic:
Hires only the best people... lol

Aesma

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:09 pm

President Macron made a long, solemn allocution tonight.

He announced that schools will close starting Monday for an undetermined amount of time.

If you need to stay home to keep your kids and can't telework, you will get sick pay from the state. Companies that have little or no work can apply for the state to help pay the salaries of employees.

Macron will call Trump to discuss what can be done about the economy, as Trump is the G7 head currently (expect this to go nowhere of course).

He's calling for Europe to coordinate more, and do more. I think he wants a big financial package, and if it isn't possible at the EU level then he will announce it at the French level.

Mayoral elections will go on on Sunday and the next Sunday as political parties didn't want to report them.

He insisted that people over 70 and/or suffering from chronic illnesses refrain from getting out.

Families are banned from visiting nursing homes.

I found the tone and the content of the allocution was appropriate. He convinced my father (not a big fan of his) to stop taking this lightly. My father is 72 with heart issues.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aesma

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:11 pm

Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

Me, me, me, me, and another dose of me !

bgm

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:13 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

NOT FALSE:

https://www.msnbc.com/11th-hour/watch/t ... 0525893963
Trump changes tone after dismissing coronavirus as a Democratic 'hoax'

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cal ... a-new-hoax
At a rally in South Carolina on Friday night, President Donald Trump said Democrats are trying to use the coronavirus to damage him—and called that “their new hoax.”

But I can understand why you're easily confused by his jumbled, rambling statements.

Yes, good for you to clutter this thread with your trolling for Trump, whilst the world is going through a huge crisis. Is this the best we as humans have? Where is the compassion and the feeling for a difficult situation we ALL are enduring. Yes best to beat on Trump and his supporters, that will certainly help the current situation.

So you admit that you were wrong and that Trump did in fact say that? We'll wait for your apology.
Hires only the best people... lol

bennett123

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:21 pm

This is not trolling.

These sort of stupid statements by a world leader will cost American lives.

Sorry to be so blunt.

PixelPilot

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 pm

bennett123 wrote:
This is not trolling.

These sort of stupid statements by a world leader will cost American lives.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Explain how please?
Directly though not some anecdotal stuff.

ltbewr

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:44 pm

In the USA, part of the reason for cancelling of sports events, schools shut down, is from our extremely broad civil liability laws. If someone were to get sick with the COVID-19 and it was from an event, the event operator and any 'deep pockets' would be sued for millions.

art

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Sorry to correct. I spot mother tongue interference:

"Mayoral elections will go on on Sunday and the next Sunday as political parties didn't want to report them."

Substitute 'postpone' for 'report'

flyguy89

Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:59 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/senate-g ... 11735.html

Now is not the time for these shenanigans. Pass the Coronavirus-specific relief legislation, and leave the permanent sick leave entitlement debate to a time when we're not in crisis.

Cadet985

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 pm

bgm wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

So the pandemic should be allowed to spread because you get bored at home? Is this some kind of sick joke?

There are some seriously warped people on this forum. :sarcastic:

If one isn’t sick, they shouldn’t be treated like a prisoner. There is NOTHING to do in my house, aside from sleep. And please explain how I’d be spreading pandemic if I’m not sick.

135,000 people WORLDWIDE get an illness. Of those 135,000, there are roughly 5,000 deaths. There are EIGHT BILLION people on the planet. Forgive me if 135,000/8,000,000,000 doesn’t concern me. 0.00001687% doesn’t scare me and shouldn’t scare anyone else.

All of my data is from https://ncov2019.live/, so it’s not numbers I’m making up.

Marc

anrec80

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:23 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

So in short you’re saying he’s elderly, in poor health and will likely die??

Just in case of virtually any viral or bacterial disease - those with weaker immune system are less likely to recover. So I’d say yes, even though not liking it.

Dutchy

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:36 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
If one isn’t sick, they shouldn’t be treated like a prisoner. There is NOTHING to do in my house, aside from sleep. And please explain how I’d be spreading pandemic if I’m not sick.

135,000 people WORLDWIDE get an illness. Of those 135,000, there are roughly 5,000 deaths. There are EIGHT BILLION people on the planet. Forgive me if 135,000/8,000,000,000 doesn’t concern me. 0.00001687% doesn’t scare me and shouldn’t scare anyone else.

All of my data is from https://ncov2019.live/, so it’s not numbers I’m making up.

Marc

Not to scare you, Marc, but it is 135.000 known people who have tested positive and thus are sick (otherwise they would not have been tested), we do not know how many people do have it but are under the radar (are a bit under the weather but that's it), probably a factor of 10 perhaps much more. Then there are the persons who are sick, but do not have the symptoms yet, but have the possibility to spread it.

At average, each person infects two others. That's where the hockey stick graph comes from, do you know the parable of the wise man and the king, the king said, you can have anything you want, name it. The wise man said, I want to begin with one grain and for each area of the chessboard, I want the number of grains doubled. The kind smiled at the beginning, at the end not so much........ Or let me put it in another way: if brood doubles in size each day and after 49 days the pond is half-filled with brood, how long does it take to fill the complete pond with brood?

And you might. be a younger person, so am I, so I will probably be a bit under the weather if I catch it, but if I spread it to my parents then most probably one of them will not survive the experience or at least have to be hospitalized. So it is not just your health you are playing with, but it is everyone's especially the more vulnerable in society..

So to recap:
1. you could be contagious, before you develop the symptoms (2-4 weeks incubation period);
2. you could catch the disease more easily outside than inside, the need is to contain it (China did this with extreme measures and it is getting less and less now);
3. and tuff luck if you get bored in your house, the society at large needs to have. preference above your inconvenience for a couple of days or weeks.

Dieuwer

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:38 pm

Aesma wrote:
President Macron made a long, solemn allocution tonight.

He announced that schools will close starting Monday for an undetermined amount of time.

If you need to stay home to keep your kids and can't telework, you will get sick pay from the state. Companies that have little or no work can apply for the state to help pay the salaries of employees..

I wish this would be the case in the USA. But with the hyper-partisan mood in Congress, absolutely nothing will be done. We probably will need a Dem POTUS to change the health care and sick leave system for the better.
We certainly don't have to expect anything from the greedy insurance companies. I just got a $300 bill for a simple test. Insurance doesn't cover it because it is part of the deductible (which is another scam. Everything is "deductible" these days. Might as well not have insurance).
Last edited by Dieuwer on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scbriml

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
There is NOTHING to do in my house, aside from sleep. And please explain how I’d be spreading pandemic if I’m not sick.

Oh, you poor soul. :sarcastic:

You’d be helping to spread it the same way everyone else has - by coming into contact with someone who’s contagious but not yet exhibiting symptoms. In fact, that could be you right now, you just don’t know it yet.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Cadet985 wrote:

Plenty of things one could do in one's house that's entertaining. Play a game, go on Netflix, go on the Internet and learn a new language, write a book, that sort of thing. Have you tried doing those?

But the fact remains, in order to kill the virus one needs to contain the spread. And to do that, one needs to practice self isolation.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

readytotaxi

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm

How long before Disneyworld Florida closes down and the other theme parks?
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

Dieuwer

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:09 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
How long before Disneyworld Florida closes down and the other theme parks?

It just did.

Waterbomber2

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:10 pm

Belgium has announced the mandatory closure of cafe's, bars, restaurants, schools and universities until April 3rd.

https://www.hln.be/nieuws/binnenland/dr ... ~ae51a56a/

Finally politicians are starting to come to terms with reality.
Well bravo for Belgium, that's quite the U-TURN from the earlier "we're ready, we can deal with this" mantra.
Now the mantra is "we've seen what this did in Italy and started to do here, let's play it safe".
Good job.

I think that Trump's speech was a wake-up call for many, thank god.

France's Macron only announced the closure of schools and universities.
This is largely insufficient, but what did we expect for a corporate-focused president. He doesn't realize that corporations will be hurt more than helped.
France will be in pretty bad shape a few weeks from now.

Le Figaro reporting the same fears as I have above for France.
Basically, the graphs are following the same curve as Italy, only 8 days apart.

Italy--------------------------- -------France--------------------------------------------USA
February 28th 889 cases-------March 7th 949 cases-------------------------March 11th 994 cases
February 29th 1128 cases-----March 8th 1209 cases------------------------March 12th 1301 cases
March 1st 1701 cases-----------March 9th 1412 cases
March 2nd 2032 cases-------- -March 10th 1784 cases
March 3rd 2502 cases----------March 11th 2281 cases
March 4th 3089 cases-----------March 12th 2876 cases (was estimated as 2750 cases)*
March 11th 12462 cases--------March 19th (10.000+ cases)*--------------March 23rd (10.000+cases)*

*estimates

Macron added that border closures are now a possible option.
That's progress...
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/2020/0 ... europe.php
Last edited by Waterbomber2 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitizenJustin

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:19 pm

Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

You’re exactly the type of person spreading the damn virus. With thousands dead and experts saying they expect a major outbreak within weeks, I’d say you’re being a bit irresponsible here.

Aaron747

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:21 pm

PixelPilot wrote:
And answer me this. What do you think ANY leader should do in this case? Be like China, cement people in buildings, let them die and burn what's left or something else? What's the best way in your opinion to solve this global crisis since you're so full of wisdom?

Have been clear from the start - decisionmaking on a science basis only with clear direction and public comment from SMEs.

Prepare, prepare, prepare - state public health coordinators already have plans for activating triage in hotels, convention centers, and arenas. Activate them. Work rapidly to secure a secondary supply chain for ventilators, negative pressure rooms and other ICU equipment needs. Roll out mobile community testing. All of this is within reasonable capability provided a federal emergency declaration is made and funds rapidly deployed. This could have happened 3 weeks ago when community spread first became obvious.

On logarithmic scales, time = positive y-axis climb.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Waterbomber2

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

You’re exactly the type of person spreading the damn virus. With thousands dead and experts saying they expect a major outbreak within weeks, I’d say you’re being a bit irresponsible here.

Ah let it be.
Cadet985 can let us know what it is like to have Covid19 and being on a hospital bed barely able to breathe.

BlueberryWheats

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

But if more people had that attitude then we wouldn't be talking about 135000, we would be talking about a hell of a lot more. Come on... use a bit of common sense.

And good luck going out to look for something fun to do when everything is closed down and everyone else is rightly in quarantine.
The tallest blade of grass is the first to be cut.

Waterbomber2

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:30 pm

Juventus soccer team star player Paolo Dybala has Covid19, so most probably Cristiano Ronaldo has it too.
Dybala scored last week and celebrated with the entire team: https://youtu.be/6K1nqPcLkZ4?t=124
So the whole team is probably infected.

CitizenJustin

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Plenty of things one could do in one's house that's entertaining. Play a game, go on Netflix, go on the Internet and learn a new language, write a book, that sort of thing. Have you tried doing those?

But the fact remains, in order to kill the virus one needs to contain the spread. And to do that, one needs to practice self isolation.

You’ll never convince Cadet that public safety takes precedence over his selfishness. He gets bored, so he’s unable to take proper precautions. Unfortunately, it’s the people who continue to downplay this and refuse to take precautions who’ll eventually catch it and give it to others. Let’s just hope they don’t give it to someone who’s body can’t properly fight it off. I for one would be devastated if I know my irresponsibility led to the infection and death of someone. Some people just don’t think about the consequences until it’s too late.

art

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:42 pm

I see that China reports 3 new cases today. Unless there has been some kind of edict from the party forbidding testing or the party is falsifying figures, how is that possible?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

PS With 4000+ seriously/critically ill no deaths were reported today

wingman

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:00 am

BlueberryWheats wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

Marc

But if more people had that attitude then we wouldn't be talking about 135000, we would be talking about a hell of a lot more. Come on... use a bit of common sense.

And good luck going out to look for something fun to do when everything is closed down and everyone else is rightly in quarantine.

It's astonishing that stupidity can be so pervasive under this intense spotlight of daily medical science lessons. Listen to Marc and Trump or EVERY SINGLE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL ON THIS PLANET. I guess those two will go down making out surrounded by tens of thousands of equally blind fake news fans all congregated together in a giant arena coughing and sneezing into each other's goofball faces. Christ, the level of utter depravity in the face of scientific fact is literally scarier than the virus itself.

Cadet985

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:31 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

I have no games to play; FSX stopped working on my laptop (which is eight years old). Since Netflix took “Friends” off, I haven’t found much to watch; “Star Trek” and “That 70’s Show” are only good so many times. I’ve actually been trying to write a book for several years, but my brain gets sidetracked in the research that the topic of the book has completely changed several times, and it’s now on a topic I enjoy, but am in no way qualified to write a book about. Learning languages is a nightmare. I barely passed Spanish in HS, and passed by the skin of my teeth in college because I cannot conjugate to save my life. I can speak it okay, but can’t conjugate verbs. I have several hundred books on my Kindle, but I lose interest quickly, thanks to ADD.

You’re all jumping on me for my post. You try being trapped in a house because you have nowhere to go, and you spend your days filling out job applications until the text goes blurry. You basically have no friends because you’re on the Autism Spectrum, and the friends you do have all have families that come first (and I understand that). Imagine that your only saving grace is Ubering to the cigar lounge a couple times a week...and who knows how long they’ll stay open?

You shouldn’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes. For every doctor who says we should panic, there’s another saying we shouldn’t. Just today, I had to get a test done to see if some pain I’m dealing with is nerve damage. The doctor who administered the test even said they’re blowing COVID-19 out of proportion. This is what many of the doctors I know are saying.

If you have friends or family you can be with, you’re lucky. I have my father, and lately we’re not getting along.

Again, before you judge, see why a person feels the way they do.

Marc

Aaron747

Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:38 am

Cadet985 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:

I have no games to play; FSX stopped working on my laptop (which is eight years old). Since Netflix took “Friends” off, I haven’t found much to watch; “Star Trek” and “That 70’s Show” are only good so many times. I’ve actually been trying to write a book for several years, but my brain gets sidetracked in the research that the topic of the book has completely changed several times, and it’s now on a topic I enjoy, but am in no way qualified to write a book about. Learning languages is a nightmare. I barely passed Spanish in HS, and passed by the skin of my teeth in college because I cannot conjugate to save my life. I can speak it okay, but can’t conjugate verbs. I have several hundred books on my Kindle, but I lose interest quickly, thanks to ADD.

You’re all jumping on me for my post. You try being trapped in a house because you have nowhere to go, and you spend your days filling out job applications until the text goes blurry. You basically have no friends because you’re on the Autism Spectrum, and the friends you do have all have families that come first (and I understand that). Imagine that your only saving grace is Ubering to the cigar lounge a couple times a week...and who knows how long they’ll stay open?

You shouldn’t judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes. For every doctor who says we should panic, there’s another saying we shouldn’t. Just today, I had to get a test done to see if some pain I’m dealing with is nerve damage. The doctor who administered the test even said they’re blowing COVID-19 out of proportion. This is what many of the doctors I know are saying.

If you have friends or family you can be with, you’re lucky. I have my father, and lately we’re not getting along.

Again, before you judge, see why a person feels the way they do.

Marc

Feelings are one thing, science and social responsibility are another. At this point in our evolution, if one is reasonably raised and educated, it is no tall order to compartmentalize and separate one’s feelings from what one must do. It’s called maturity.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty