Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

T4thH

Re: Novel Coronavirus outbreak

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:49 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
http://ucrtv.com/royal-palace-confirms-queen-elizabeth-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

Royal Palace confirms Queen Elizabeth tests positive for coronavirus

With an age of 93 years....This is not good, also it seems she has no other high risk factors.

Let us say it on this way; Charles has now a good chance to get king sooner than expected.

Newark727

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 am

T4thH wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
http://ucrtv.com/royal-palace-confirms-queen-elizabeth-tests-positive-for-coronavirus/

With an age of 93 years....This is not good, also it seems she has no other high risk factors.

Let us say it on this way; Charles has now a good chance to get king sooner than expected.

Careful with this - not confirmed

T4thH

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:23 am

Newark727 wrote:
T4thH wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

It will be fine, if she did not get it / will not be confirmed.

art

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:29 am

Newark727 wrote:
T4thH wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Extract: “We will be sharing constant updates of the Queen’s welfare with the public in good fate. That will be all for now.”

Apart from the typo the phrasing is unconvincing. I don't buy it. I'm 99% sure that this purported statement is fabricated.

In any event, it is not like this purported statement was discovered by clever investigative journalism. Such a statement would be released into the public domain.
Last edited by art on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pi7472000

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 am

Does the U.S. need to institute mandatory quarantine if you enter a new state? It is scary some states are not implementing lock down while other states are. I would not want someone from Wyoming coming into CA if they do not have the same restrictions. The U.S. is allowing too much movement to stop the spread of COVID19.

Newark727

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:56 am

Pi7472000 wrote:
Does the U.S. need to institute mandatory quarantine if you enter a new state? It is scary some states are not implementing lock down while other states are. I would not want someone from Wyoming coming into CA if they do not have the same restrictions. The U.S. is allowing too much movement to stop the spread of COVID19.

Wyoming is one of the least populated and least population-dense states. I think if we have to have visitors from anyplace they may as well be from there, honestly.

casinterest

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:00 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:

All Tucker did was show the video clips of the New York officials encouraging people to go to parades and events while telling them coronavirus was very low risk for New Yorkers.

That was great actually.

Tucker Carlson is the only TV prime time personality worth listening to these days. And I've noticed many of those who are critical of him haven't even watched a 5 minute clip. He's not in "all Trump does is great" MAGA crowd, he will call him out when necessary. But he also calls out all the bullshit and hypocricy going on right now on all sides of the political spectrum. And for some people, if he does call out a Democrat, he will automatically be categorized as an "enemy". It's ridiculus.

Agreed. Tucker did not approve of the administration assassinating Iran's military leader. He isn't a yes man for anyone.

Tucker is nothing of a man. he is a lying idiot for those that don't remember last week or the week before.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/tucker-carl ... d-the-term
Where ever you go, there you are.

TTailedTiger

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:49 am

casinterest wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
JetBuddy wrote:

That was great actually.

Tucker Carlson is the only TV prime time personality worth listening to these days. And I've noticed many of those who are critical of him haven't even watched a 5 minute clip. He's not in "all Trump does is great" MAGA crowd, he will call him out when necessary. But he also calls out all the bullshit and hypocricy going on right now on all sides of the political spectrum. And for some people, if he does call out a Democrat, he will automatically be categorized as an "enemy". It's ridiculus.

Agreed. Tucker did not approve of the administration assassinating Iran's military leader. He isn't a yes man for anyone.

Tucker is nothing of a man. he is a lying idiot for those that don't remember last week or the week before.

Did that make you feel better?

CaptHadley

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 am

Dreadnaught wrote:
casinterest wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Charles,
How would that make him "feel better"? he is showing a clip of the GOP and it's media outlet changing it's story. Something they do almost as much as certain screen names here...

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 am

Nursing homes in Sardinia, Italy hit hard.

After one person died of Covid19 last week in the nursing home Casa Serena in Sassari, 163 residents and staff have been tested of whom 63 tested positive to Covid19.
The nursing home is run by the municipality.

https://www.lanuovasardegna.it/sassari/ ... 1.38645840

In another nursing home in Sanluri, 30 residents have tested positive and one person is deceased.

https://www.lanuovasardegna.it/cagliari ... 1.38644418

In yet another nursing home in Bitti, all remaining 14 residents have been tested positive.
Rather than moving the patients out, instruments and staff are being moved in.

https://www.lanuovasardegna.it/nuoro/cr ... 1.38645155

JayinKitsap

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:23 am

ER757 wrote:
I live in Washington near Seattle - we have a "stay at home" order in our state but there are so many exceptions that it's pretty much useless.
As long as people are lining up 10 deep at the checkout stands at Costco and businesses remain open and staffed, the virus will continue to spread.
Places like distribution warehouses and grocery stores must remain open for obvious reasons, but those places are going to necessarily bring people into close contact. In stores, surfaces cannot be cleaned after every single touch by someone so there again, a chance for the virus to spread. Of the tests given in our state (around 14,000), 93% have come back as negative, but it's such a small percentage of the population that's been tested I don't think it's a reliable indicator of the actual percentage of the population carrying the virus. And just because someone tested negative last week doesn't mean that cannot have picked it up since then.
I know the idea behind the order isn't to eliminate the virus from the community altogether but rather to "flatten the curve." I just don't think it can be sufficiently done with the current parameters. Say someone who works at a distribution center is positive, who knows how many co-workers will have contracted the disease and brought it home to their entire family? Hope I am wrong, but color me a pessimist.

I too live near Seattle, across the "Pond' as they say near Bremerton. I personally have seen Inslee, our Gov, make some excellent decisions as to timing and action. Usually he never acts, so whoever got him on the right script I must thank. Our county, Kitsap, has 42 cases so far out of 300K pop. IF those known to have are isolating, the restrictions seem to be enough. Our Costco is doing decent social distancing, about 3X the spacing between than before. For reference, our schools shut down for 6 weeks back on the 13th, restaurants and any gatherings over 200 back on the 16th. The gathering size is now like 10.

Anyway back on the 13th we were the #1 state in terms of cases and deaths. In the two weeks since, we are at 3,700 with 175 deaths and #4 on the list. Meanwhile NY has rocketed past to 46,202 and 606 deaths. Two states look to be passing us in the next few days as our case rise and deaths seem to have plateaued. I expect we will all be isolated for another couple of weeks, at least. Anyway I am encouraged for our having decent prospects, but still a number of tough decisions to make. Reopening everything too soon could have a total relapse happen.

tommy1808

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:24 am

noviorbis77 wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:
More bad news from Italy.
Deaths inching towards 1000 a day, 969 deaths confirmed, almost 6000 new cases.

https://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/artic ... 24cd7.html

It looks like new cases are flattening out, but it's not sure if it's due to reaching testing capacity or flattening of the curve, too soon to start celebrating.

Deaths numbers are devastating.
It's 6 narrowbodies worth of people dying every day, the equivalent of 300.000 per year, or a 9/11 every 3 days...

Even the person announcing the numbers, the head of civil protection has been infected and someone else is reading out the numbers now...

Even with all the restrictions in place of going out in public, how are the numbers rising so much?

Peak infections is two weeks plus however long it takes to infect the other members of your household, peak death is 2 -4 weeks after that, the lower limit if your run out of ventilators, they higher if not.

Essentially the number of infected now is the number of dead you'll have in two weeks at the 30% daily increase this seems to have and 2.5% lethality. If your healthcare systems keeps up well it might be a quarter of that, if it doesn't its 4 times that.

Two weeks ago Italy was about where the UK is now.

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

tommy1808

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 am

frmrCapCadet wrote:
I though Pence was suppose to be the Czar seeing to all of this.

And he is probably just giddy because Corona means Jesus is about to come back....

Best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:18 am

Mitigation measures may be starting to show success in SF, Seattle, and New Orleans...NYC and Detroit need a bit more rate reduction, but there are some good signs in case growth here.

If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

DIRECTFLT

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:32 am

tommy1808 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

And he is probably just giddy because Corona means Jesus is about to come back....

Best regards
Thomas

But the Bible says one of the signs of the end is that people will be going to and fro, giving in marriage, buying and selling.... Trade, travel, and marriage is down right now. So it can't be now.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

tommy1808

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:36 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

But the Bible says one of the signs of the end is that people will be going to and fro, giving in marriage, buying and selling.... Trade, travel, and marriage is down right now. So it can't be now.

So...Jesus is coming to Florida...

Best regards
Thomas

Pellegrine

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:50 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man I've read some funny things on here.
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:01 am

noviorbis77 wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:
More bad news from Italy.
Deaths inching towards 1000 a day, 969 deaths confirmed, almost 6000 new cases.

https://www.rainews.it/dl/rainews/artic ... 24cd7.html

It looks like new cases are flattening out, but it's not sure if it's due to reaching testing capacity or flattening of the curve, too soon to start celebrating.

Deaths numbers are devastating.
It's 6 narrowbodies worth of people dying every day, the equivalent of 300.000 per year, or a 9/11 every 3 days...

Even the person announcing the numbers, the head of civil protection has been infected and someone else is reading out the numbers now...

Even with all the restrictions in place of going out in public, how are the numbers rising so much?

Unfortunately a significant proportion might be healthcare workers and other hospital patients... That's my guess.
情報

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:21 am

Jalap wrote:
Aesma wrote:
However it will take time, so my suggestion is that for the next 6 months or something like that, we all wear masks outside and at work.

No, experts here say masks do more harm than good.
Not much good, because it's very unikely you'll get the virus by just breathing as long as you keep your distance.
Touching your face is more likely to get you infected.
People who wear masks touch their face more often than people who don't. Because they need to adjust its position every now and then.

When I go out, I make sure to keep my distance and just not tough my face. I also don't touch my phone or my vape device when I'm not sure my hands are clean.
Those little itches one has frequently somewhere on the face, it's amazingly easy to just ignore them :)

I'll repeat this again, this is a rapidly backfiring communication strategy that was planned out long ago to conserve masks for healthcare workers because everyone is too cheap to stockpile for an emergency that may or may not happen. It's ugly that they're intentionally misinforming the public about this, for no good reason either because the masks you could buy without a medical license were cleaned out by the end of January and never replenished because China makes most of them. They were mostly sent to china, not kept by local "hoarders".

A.) Good quality disposable surgical masks made for medical use are comfortable and DO offer protection. You can wear one all day and never have to adjust or fidget.

B.) The important point is they do more to prevent transmission. This can be spread with no or mild symptoms. This is about protecting others and not having to shut everything down to social distance.

C.) In the current situation the slightly higher risk of bacterial self-infection is far outweighed by the decreased overall transmission of this virus that would occur if the general public all wore cloth masks. This is the way to go.
情報

CarbonFibre

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:27 am

1000 new cases and 900 deaths in Italy yesterday despite weeks of 'lockdown' Why?

tommy1808

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:55 am

CarbonFibre wrote:
1000 new cases and 900 deaths in Italy yesterday despite weeks of 'lockdown' Why?

Because Peak infection and peak dying lags containment by weeks, and it doesn't do that much against infections within your household.

Best regards
Thomas

Aaron747

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:03 am

CarbonFibre wrote:

Also the rates of smoking and hypertension in Italian men over 50 are not doing them any favors.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AeroVega

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:07 am

CarbonFibre wrote:

More like 6000 new cases, unfortunately.

tommy1808

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:11 am

AeroVega wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

that is however just an 8% increase in cases, which is good for something that unobstructed spreads in the 30-40%/day area, seemingly at least.

best regards
Thomas

sebolino

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:19 am

T4thH wrote:
With an age of 93 years....This is not good, also it seems she has no other high risk factors

A French teenager of 16, without any risk factor, just died of it.

AeroVega

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:29 am

tommy1808 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

that is however just an 8% increase in cases, which is good for something that unobstructed spreads in the 30-40%/day area, seemingly at least.

best regards
Thomas

Agreed. Italy has been going up and down between 5000 and 6000 new cases every day for more than a week now. Hopefully we will see a decline soon.

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:37 am

Aaron747 wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

Also the rates of smoking and hypertension in Italian men over 50 are not doing them any favors.

Btw, why did the CDC remove "hypertension" from its list of high risk conditions? Federal agencies follow these guidelines and measures were being taken to protect these people, but now people with hypertension are going to be moved back to the front-lines with us "low risk" people. That one little change is going to cause more people to die or be taking up a ventilator in a hospital. So foolish. Correct for other risk factors and their risk is still higher by a statistically significant amount.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... -risk.html
情報

Aaron747

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:50 am

Jouhou wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

Btw, why did the CDC remove "hypertension" from its list of high risk conditions? Federal agencies follow these guidelines and measures were being taken to protect these people, but now people with hypertension are going to be moved back to the front-lines with us "low risk" people. That one little change is going to cause more people to die or be taking up a ventilator in a hospital. So foolish. Correct for other risk factors and their risk is still higher by a statistically significant amount.

Probably because the WH complained it would present too much impediment to opening everything back up quickly - hypertension is not exactly a rarity in our land, especially among middle aged adult males.

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:53 am

AeroVega wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Agreed. Italy has been going up and down between 5000 and 6000 new cases every day for more than a week now. Hopefully we will see a decline soon.

We need to be cautious though.
This may just signify that Italy's testing capabilities have reached a limit.

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:00 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
frmrCapCadet wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

The exact quote is:

For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;

So the eating and drinking and marrying part would be 2019 and Covid19 may be the flood part.
2020 may have more ugly surprises up its sleeves.

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:08 am

Belgium has published ugly statistics for today.

64 new daily deaths
1850 new daily infections
585 newly hospitalised

353 total deaths
9134 total infections
3717 hospitalised of whom 789 in ICU, occupying 43% of total current dedicated bed capacity.

This is a country 1/6th the population of Italy, 1/30th the USA.

https://m.hln.be/nieuws/buitenland/live ... ~a0a5a0c0/

Jalap

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:15 am

Jouhou wrote:
Jalap wrote:
Aesma wrote:
However it will take time, so my suggestion is that for the next 6 months or something like that, we all wear masks outside and at work.

Not much good, because it's very unikely you'll get the virus by just breathing as long as you keep your distance.
People who wear masks touch their face more often than people who don't. Because they need to adjust its position every now and then.

When I go out, I make sure to keep my distance and just not tough my face. I also don't touch my phone or my vape device when I'm not sure my hands are clean.
Those little itches one has frequently somewhere on the face, it's amazingly easy to just ignore them :)

I'll repeat this again, this is a rapidly backfiring communication strategy that was planned out long ago to conserve masks for healthcare workers because everyone is too cheap to stockpile for an emergency that may or may not happen. It's ugly that they're intentionally misinforming the public about this, for no good reason either because the masks you could buy without a medical license were cleaned out by the end of January and never replenished because China makes most of them. They were mostly sent to china, not kept by local "hoarders".

A.) Good quality disposable surgical masks made for medical use are comfortable and DO offer protection. You can wear one all day and never have to adjust or fidget.

B.) The important point is they do more to prevent transmission. This can be spread with no or mild symptoms. This is about protecting others and not having to shut everything down to social distance.

C.) In the current situation the slightly higher risk of bacterial self-infection is far outweighed by the decreased overall transmission of this virus that would occur if the general public all wore cloth masks. This is the way to go.

I was only relaying the statement of my country’s leading expert. And the initial shortage of masks was already soved when he stated this.
This the the WHO’s statement on masks: https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

Since the initial question was: should we all go to work with masks when most cases are out of the country?
I still think “no” is the answer.

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:45 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Probably because the WH complained it would present too much impediment to opening everything back up quickly - hypertension is not exactly a rarity in our land, especially among middle aged adult males.

I suggested this to the people involved in interpreting this into our policy. They concurred that was the likely goal. I hate feeling the impacts of arbitrary political decisions at my low level.
情報

Jouhou
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:46 am

Jalap wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Jalap wrote:

I was only relaying the statement of my country’s leading expert. And the initial shortage of masks was already soved when he stated this.
This the the WHO’s statement on masks: https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... -use-masks

Since the initial question was: should we all go to work with masks when most cases are out of the country?

Not in the U.S. I see. Most of the cases are in our country now.
情報

casinterest

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:19 pm

CaptHadley wrote:
Dreadnaught wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Charles,
How would that make him "feel better"? he is showing a clip of the GOP and it's media outlet changing it's story. Something they do almost as much as certain screen names here...

Just read through this so you can understand what kind of low life racist and derogatory fraud Carlson is.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... eness.html

He runs with bogus theories that his dumb viewers swallow up and uses derogatory and misleading claims to do it.
"Unconfirmed" , "Lying Governents"

"Censored" .

seahawk

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm

https://telanganatoday.com/coronavirus- ... n-reported

It is time to forget the Chinese numbers, as they are more than likely fake. So we must assume that the Italian and Spanish numbers are more realistic.

PPVRA

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:56 pm

“The next frontier in coronavirus testing: Identifying the full scope of the pandemic, not just individual infections

Scientists are starting to roll out new blood tests for the coronavirus, a key development that, unlike the current diagnostic tests, will help pinpoint people who are immune and reveal the full scope of the pandemic.

The “serological” tests — which rely on drawn blood, not a nasal or throat swab — can identify people who were infected and have already recovered from Covid-19, including those who were never diagnosed, either because they didn’t feel particularly sick or they couldn’t get an initial test.“

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/27/ser ... ronavirus/
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

dtw2hyd

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:05 pm

Jalap wrote:

There is still an acute shortage of masks, face shields, coveralls. If you watch state Governors, they are asking for donations from the public.

The bottom line, if the strategic stockpile was empty, at least government should have stopped retailers and distributors from selling to the public. One e-mail would have avoided the current fiasco.

Having iPhone without case may be a fashion statement, shopping grocers without mask and gloves is not.
All posts are just opinions.

MarcoT

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:52 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
AeroVega wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

We need to be cautious though.
This may just signify that Italy's testing capabilities have reached a limit.

Nope, testing are ramping up dramatically from an already very high level:

The data are the official one, via wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coro ... c_in_Italy
The graphic presentation is my responsability :)

For sure not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning that yes...
Last edited by MarcoT on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Too short space for my favorite hopelessly long winded one liner

Kiwirob

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:55 pm

T4thH wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Since Chuck also has it Willy could be getting an early shot at a long long innings.

frmrCapCadet

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:02 pm

res blood pressure and diabetes: medications can bring them down to normal readings. It takes about 3 weeks for medications to work for blood pressure. Medications for diabetes can be as fast, but the 'system' is mostly designed to avoid lows. There is some evidence that those who bring both metrics to near normal levels may not 'present' as 'at risk'.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

casinterest

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:17 pm

Interesting read on the symptoms from an ER doctor.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/er-doc ... /19032494/

"Week two ushered in with addition of fever that caused every bone in my body to hurt like nothing I’ve ever experienced.

"I had chills that caused audible teeth chattering. This was cycled with sweats that left my clothes and sheets looking like I had jumped in a pool. And diarrhea. Not copious or terrible, but when getting out of bed to go 15 feet to the toilet is agonizing, any diarrhea is more than just a pain in the rear.

"I still had the cough and chest pain from week 1. The fever and diarrhea were added prizes. That lasted for 3 days.

PPVRA

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:20 pm

Should scientists infect healthy people with the coronavirus to test vaccines?

Radical proposal to conduct ‘human challenge’ studies could dramatically speed up vaccine research.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00927-3
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

CarbonFibre

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 pm

A biological weapon would explain the continued increase in cases despite 'lockdown'. Yes?

frmrCapCadet

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Statistically valid testing can be/is always difficult. Suppose they want to test people over 75. First of all there are so many people compared to those who get sick. Then a lot of us may have already contracted the disease but mildly, so the vaccine is moot for us. Others over 75 may have conditions that makes adding any risk unacceptable. I would volunteer but they might not accept me. So they have to test probably tens of thousands in order to get significant statistical validity. Perhaps someone can come up with some numbers.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:46 pm

Proving once again, dense populations are dangerous.

seahawk

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:52 pm

CarbonFibre wrote:
A biological weapon would explain the continued increase in cases despite 'lockdown'. Yes?

The incubation period of up to 14 days, does the same. All people diagnosed today were infected between 5 to 14 days in the past.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:57 pm

It’s getting ugly in Rhode Island, New Yorkers get out, now.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ing-refuge

Aaron747

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:03 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Proving once again, dense populations are dangerous.

I thought the economy is the top priority? Density allows maximization of parcel potential for developers and highly localized economies of scale - hence Manhattan, City of London, HK and inner six wards of Tokyo consistently maintaining high commercial and residential values.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Maybe necessary, but still deadly. Wouldn’t think of living like that. I’m on 8 acres and think the neighbors are too close. Haven’t seen 4 of the 7 neighbors on our lane in a decade, wave to them when they drive by.