DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Are Greta Thunberg’s Posts Written by Her Father?

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:02 pm

Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunberg’s Posts Are Written by Her Father: Report

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/0 ... er-report/

https://www.dailywire.com/news/facebook ... a-responds

Maybe Greta's Father should have been named Time's Person of the Year for orchestrating his daughter's activism.

A Facebook glitch recently discovered by some astute computer users shows that climate alarmist Greta Thunberg’s Facebook posts come from her father Svantes Thunberg and “Climate Crisis activist” Adarsh Prathap.

The edit history for Greta’s page, Wired wrote, “shows that the content has actually been written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and Adarsh Prathap, a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN’s Climate Change organization.”
Last edited by SQ22 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

SQ22

Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunberg’s Posts Are Written by Her Father: Report

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:27 am

I have created a separate thread on this topic. It deserves its own discussion.

Jetty

Re: Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunberg’s Posts Are Written by Her Father: Report

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:32 am

No surprise here: her speeches have substance but whenever she's answering an unprepared question she doesn't do better than the average 16 year old. She is passionate about the subject but clearly not the brains behind her campaign.

tommy1808

Re: Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunberg’s Posts Are Written by Her Father: Report

Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:09 am

Jetty wrote:
No surprise here:

Yup, no surprise that right wing propaganda machines can rely on their customers not reading the linked wired source article, that does not support the claim that her father had written her posts.....

Just like they ignore the fun fact that Donald Trump doesn't post his stuff either, Mike Hahn does much of it.....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

tommy1808

Re: Time Magazine selects the youngest ever "Time Person of the Year"

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:04 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/facebook ... ta-respond

Oh man.... i am not sure what is scarier, that that sort of "Media" survives or how much they can rely on people not checking the source......

a) The Wired Article linkes as source does not support the claim that her father wrote her posts and
b) the supposed quote from the wired article is nowhere to be found in that article. So "shows that the content has actually been written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and Adarsh Prathap, a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN’s Climate Change organization" is made up.

That "quote" only ever shows up on, drumroll, right wing propaganda (there are right wing news, and then there are propaganda outlets that make up their own news) websites......

And if it is bad for Greta, that essentially by definition has adults in the room, how bad is it for the impeached president of the United States that supposedly is an adult.....

I wonder why the Gatewaypundit or Daily Wire just happened to forget that part of the Story.

Facebook Glitch Reveals Donalts Trump’s Posts Are Written by a nobody: Report

Jetty wrote:
No surprise here: her speeches have substance but whenever she's answering an unprepared question she doesn't do better than the average 16 year old. She is passionate about the subject but clearly not the brains behind her campaign.

I take it you never had to hold a speech in public that you, didn´t prepare all by yourself, and answer questions afterwords.... the first part you can practice, work on and polish, the latter once you can only for expected questions. If you know what you are doing you have your answers/remarks prepared in advance, but you can´t predict all questions.

best regards
Thomas

dmg626

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:45 pm

I’m shocked, I thought this child came up with this all on her own.

tommy1808

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:00 pm

dmg626 wrote:
I’m shocked, I thought this child came up with this all on her own.

I´d be more shocked about "newsmedia" making up quotes and reports to harass a child, but hey..... whats basic ethics and morals worth these days.......

best regards
Thomas

slider

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 pm

HOW DARE YOU. LOLOL

She's a puppet, like some of us have been saying since the beginning. And in this case, her Dad is a radical leftist Antifa clown too.

The envirocultists worship at the altar of their own religion, it's a cult, it's not going to stop until the first world free market economies are under central control.

AirWorthy99

Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:35 pm

Why hasn't she traveled to China the world's biggest polluter? She doesn't even need to fly for that.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Any kid who can memorize and repeat few sentences verbatim from YouTube videos is a prodigy promoted by parents. This has become such a nuiscence SNL did a skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFBIkyaLDOY

She is just a kid, if father helps with social media responses, no big deal.

THS214

Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:08 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Any kid who can memorize and repeat few sentences verbatim from YouTube videos is a prodigy promoted by parents. This has become such a nuiscence SNL did a skit.

She is used and it would not be a big deal if she would not have millions of followers. She should have told the truth. Now being what she is without school one day she see that not going to school she can't get higher education to do what she really want. Its a pity that she in used and most likely destroyed.

dtw2hyd

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:12 pm

THS214 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

She is used and it would not be a big deal if she would not have millions of followers. She should have told the truth. Now being what she is without school one day she see that not going to school she can't get higher education to do what she really want. Its a pity that she in used and most likely destroyed.

No different than Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift or Williams sisters.

I don't if the damage to climate can be reversed or not, but someone like her is necessary to keep countries, leaders and corporations in check. Saving climate is a big business and it will become even bigger.

AirWorthy99

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:22 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
THS214 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

I don't if the damage to climate can be reversed or not, but someone like her is necessary to keep countries, leaders and corporations in check. Saving climate is a big business and it will become even bigger.

How is she going to keep China's 'leaders' and 'corporations' in check if she has no plan in visiting the worlds biggest polluter? And would they give her a platform?
Last edited by AirWorthy99 on Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:23 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
THS214 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

Black Rock is increasing its focus on the climate crisis. Young republicans overwhelmingly (about 2 out of 3) are worried about climate change. It's real; it's hear, and the usual suspects are still triggerd by a teenager. Sounds like it's working. :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Dutchy

Re: Are Greta Thunberg’s Posts Written by Her Father?

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Still funny that people get upset about Greta Thunberg, her message is the same as scientists and the same people didn't want to listen to them. So all this is, is a petty attempted for a distraction, nothing more.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

AirWorthy99

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:54 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Still funny that people get upset about Greta Thunberg, her message is the same as scientists and the same people didn't want to listen to them. So all this is, is a petty attempted for a distraction, nothing more.

I think the use of a child for this is horrendous, if you have kids you would want to protect them. Don't know if where she is from how long are parents responsible but here in the States till 18 they are a child and putting your children to do this, is abuse. NO doubt.

We can disagree with all the climate hysteria if its true or not, but placing a child as the poster for activism and later saying don't criticize because they are child is a contradiction, to say the least.

Dutchy

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:00 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We can disagree with all the climate hysteria if its true or not

Nope, we cannot, unless one of us want to deny facts and I have science on my side.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

mham001

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:01 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Oh man.... i am not sure what is scarier, that that sort of "Media" survives or how much they can rely on people not checking the source......

a) The Wired Article linkes as source does not support the claim that her father wrote her posts and
b) the supposed quote from the wired article is nowhere to be found in that article. So "shows that the content has actually been written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and Adarsh Prathap, a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN’s Climate Change organization" is made up.

That "quote" only ever shows up on, drumroll, right wing propaganda (there are right wing news, and then there are propaganda outlets that make up their own news) websites......

And if it is bad for Greta, that essentially by definition has adults in the room, how bad is it for the impeached president of the United States that supposedly is an adult.....

I wonder why the Gatewaypundit or Daily Wire just happened to forget that part of the Story.

Thomas

While you are indeed correct, a person truly interested in the truth would have looked just 3 seconds further and found the source of the allegation. You know, the exact same source as your Trump trashing material - #4Chan... But I suppose that would not paint the proper portrait...

atcsundevil

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 am

Please keep the thread on topic. This thread isn't a climate change debate. There are other more appropriate threads for that.

✈️ atcsundevil

skyservice_330

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 am

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Never underestimate the power of a teenage girl to get under the skin of bunch of 40+ year old men.

This thread says more about the character of some posters then it does about a teen with a cause who may have gotten some help from her dad (shocker!)

Chill guys - the girl with a cause will soon be forgotten and can free up the real estate in your head for another imagined enemy.

Good grief

mrgrtt123

Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:44 am

Poor kid is being used by her "parents" and has no idea what's really going on.

MaverickM11

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 am

skyservice_330 wrote:

Never underestimate the power of a teenage girl to get under the skin of bunch of 40+ year old men.

This thread says more about the character of some posters then it does about a teen with a cause who may have gotten some help from her dad (shocker!)

Chill guys - the girl with a cause will soon be forgotten and can free up the real estate in your head for another imagined enemy.

Good grief

Amen. They probably haven’t gotten the memo yet that Virginia approved the ERA and it’s time to tiki torch-up!

...never mind most of this entire administration would be eating out of a dumpster had they not had “help from their dad.”
E pur si muove -Galileo

TSS

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:06 am

skyservice_330 wrote:

Yep, HOW DARE WE object to what is, in the eyes of many, a perfectly legitimate movement resorting to the underhanded and nakedly manipulative tactic of using a 15 year old autistic girl (who, let's be honest, looks to be no older than 12) as their spokesperson/human shield against any and all criticism, well-founded or not. Bad us!

At best, the use of such a tactic casts serious doubts on the legitimacy of the movement as a whole, and at worst, well, look at the history of any number of child actors after their fame was gone to see what might be in store for Ms. Thunberg once the limelight is no longer on her.

skyservice_330 wrote:

Good grief

This thread does indeed speak volumes about the character of some posters, but probably not in the way you want it to. That so many posters seem to be perfectly okay with Mama and Papa Thunberg taking Greta out of school and allowing her to be used in such a way as she has been to serve their own ends much as classic stereotypical "Stage Parents" do is truly horrifying.

AirWorthy99 wrote:
We can disagree with all the climate hysteria if it's true or not, but placing a child as the poster-person for activism and later saying don't criticize that person because they are child is a contradiction, to say the least.

Well said.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:23 am

I am wondering if Greta is a typical teen with too much in her head and sees that climate change is real and she is really behind doing something about climate change but she has all this other stuff going too and has her dad dictating? If that were the case, Republicans will bend this all out of shape to make her look bad. No Republican has been outraged or said anything about Sebastian Gorka's comments. I wonder why? This girl stands for something she believes in but it is not what Republicans believe so she must be shamed and silenced?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

MaverickM11

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:10 am

TSS wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:

Yep, HOW DARE WE object to what is, in the eyes of many, a perfectly legitimate movement resorting to the underhanded and nakedly manipulative tactic of using a 15 year old autistic girl (who, let's be honest, looks to be no older than 12) as their spokesperson/human shield against any and all criticism, well-founded or not. Bad us!

LOL No one is buying what you're selling. Jesus Himself could float down and tell you climate change was real and you still wouldn't believe it. It has zip to do with the messenger, despite the eyerolling concern trolling.
E pur si muove -Galileo

TSS

Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
TSS wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:

LOL No one is buying what you're selling. Jesus Himself could float down and tell you climate change was real and you still wouldn't believe it. It has zip to do with the messenger, despite the eyerolling concern trolling.

Perhaps you have confused me with another poster? When have I ever denied that climate change was real? I see clear evidence of it every day. I do, however, question to exactly what extent mankind is responsible for the current change in climate and, more importantly, as any rational person should, the specific manner in which transferring massive amounts of money from private individuals to various nebulous government entities with no clear, well-defined action plan in place will halt much less reverse the current climate trend.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

tommy1808

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:49 am

mham001 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Thomas

While you are indeed correct, a person truly interested in the truth would have looked just 3 seconds further and found the source of the allegation. You know, the exact same source as your Trump trashing material - #4Chan... But I suppose that would not paint the proper portrait..

As always, you suppose wrong. That is the source they give, they lie about it, and conveniently it is just about the only source that doesn´t mention the same is true for Donald Trump. Because that would destroy the narrative they set up. It is interesting that you agree this "report" has no basis in reality and is just bashing. It is downright scary that you have no care in the world that quotes are made up, just because those are about a girl you have a dislike towards.

And just for the record Mr. "Why don´t you check the real source", the real source doesn´t confirm she didn´t write her stuff either........ a person truly interested in the truth would have looked just 3 seconds further and found there is no source for the allegation.

MaverickM11 wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:

Good grief

Amen. They probably haven’t gotten the memo yet that Virginia approved the ERA and it’s time to tiki torch-up!

Even a quick look cross the internet shows that the people hating her the most seem to be very interested in getting/creating Rule 34 content about Greta....

Heck, one guy seem to be so obsessed he is posting "That cunt needs to be raped and have its sex organs cut out." all over the internet....

The Title of this thread should be changed to "How right wing media conspires to harass children by spreading lies about them" .... since the made up quotation is plastered all about the right wing fact free internet this is either obviously orchestrated, or *everyone* copied from one made up source without even looking at the source article. They don´t just happen all to make up the same bs word for word.

best regards
Thomas

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:42 am

so, all over the world, Facebook anonymous administrators were exposed, on all public figure Facebook pages?

so we now know who Banksy is? Who writes for Trump and Vladamir Putin and other world leaders.
but, people only want to talk about how Greta webpage administrators?

do you know how laughable that is?
even if it was true, as a parent of a well-known figure, one might want to monitor what she writes to protect her, since
she is on the autism spectrum.

dtw2hyd

Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:59 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Who writes for Trump

Wasn't there a report that actually White House press office manages his Twitter account, makes sure there are typos, grammar mistakes to make them look authentic. And the iconic dot,dot,dot and dot,dot,dot,dot,dot

tommy1808

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:14 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
THS214 wrote:

How is she going to keep China's 'leaders' and 'corporations' in check if she has no plan in visiting the worlds biggest polluter? And would they give her a platform?

I would think that she a) doesn't prioritize countries fulfilling their Copenhagen and Paris commitments and b) different from most people 2+ times her age she understands that us consuming less reduces CO2 emissions in China, where we have exported them.

Best regards
Thomas

AirWorthy99

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:30 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:

I would think that she a) doesn't prioritize countries fulfilling their Copenhagen and Paris commitments and b) different from most people 2+ times her age she understands that us consuming less reduces CO2 emissions in China, where we have exported them.

Best regards
Thomas

Fulfilling? China is increasing their CO2 emissions every year, how does this fulfill anything? She should take her case to Beijing not New York where emissions have been reducing significantly over the years.

In any case the moderators have just told us to stay in topic and deleted past postings also, perhaps on an another thread we can expand on it.

Aaron747

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:38 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Fulfilling? China is increasing their CO2 emissions every year, how does this fulfill anything? She should take her case to Beijing not New York where emissions have been reducing significantly over the years.

In any case the moderators have just told us to stay in topic and deleted past postings also, perhaps on an another thread we can expand on it.

Probably a good idea to stop bringing up China since a. Swedish citizens, like most other countries, must apply for visas to China, and she would be automatically denied. B. China has attended all of the last 12 COP25 meetings, so more than once they received her lecture as well. In other words, there is no point taking her case to Beijing, as everyone knows. China has their own internal environmental protests and related issues.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

SQ22

Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:39 pm

Thread went off topic and will be locked.