ParkFSI
Topic Author
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:52 am

I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:56 am

Most Americans are a fungus?

You do have a dislike but it “doesn’t effect you”?

What constitutes “so much done”?
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:02 am

ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:12 am

Aaron747 wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.



De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
ParkFSI
Topic Author
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:16 am

jetero wrote:
Most Americans are a fungus?
Ok, you’re welcome. What nationality are you ?

You do have a dislike but it “doesn’t effect you”?
Read again, I don’t have any dislikes.

What constitutes “so much done”?

Look them up.

Sincerely,
Fungus
Last edited by ParkFSI on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
ParkFSI
Topic Author
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:18 am

Aaron747 wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.


Yep, we’re mushrooms.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:21 am

OK, well, life sounds good for Fundus. Happy for you buddy!
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.



De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


What deregulation, specifically? Protected Americans’ rights for getting a payday loan and a subprime mortgage? That extra $13 a paycheck more than makes up for it.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.



De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


We are talking about impact, not which policies each party likes to babble about.

The American Enterprise Institute disagrees in this excellent analysis here:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... orse-90676

And another overview with further data citations from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... ve-it/amp/

A few simple charts largely saying the same things, for reference:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... 1028780773

Very difficult to counter any of the above because the data doesn’t exist.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:38 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.



De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


We are talking about impact, not which policies each party likes to babble about.

The American Enterprise Institute disagrees in this excellent analysis here:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... orse-90676

And another overview with further data citations from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... ve-it/amp/

A few simple charts largely saying the same things, for reference:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... 1028780773

Very difficult to counter any of the above because the data doesn’t exist.



Impact? Consumer confidence and business investments are driven by government policy. Of course who ever is in power influences the economy.

I might agree with you on some things, his personality is not the best and his antics neither but we are all enjoying better days, and thats what most people care.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:46 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


We are talking about impact, not which policies each party likes to babble about.

The American Enterprise Institute disagrees in this excellent analysis here:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... orse-90676

And another overview with further data citations from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... ve-it/amp/

A few simple charts largely saying the same things, for reference:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... 1028780773

Very difficult to counter any of the above because the data doesn’t exist.



Impact? Consumer confidence and business investments are driven by government policy. Of course who ever is in power influences the economy.

I might agree with you on some things, his personality is not the best and his antics neither but we are all enjoying better days, and thats what most people care.


Such a shame the polls don’t bear that fairy tale out. (Admittedly, though, I haven’t checked the latest Mushroom polls yet.)
Last edited by jetero on Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:48 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


We are talking about impact, not which policies each party likes to babble about.

The American Enterprise Institute disagrees in this excellent analysis here:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... orse-90676

And another overview with further data citations from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... ve-it/amp/

A few simple charts largely saying the same things, for reference:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... 1028780773

Very difficult to counter any of the above because the data doesn’t exist.



Impact? Consumer confidence and business investments are driven by government policy. Of course who ever is in power influences the economy.

I might agree with you on some things, his personality is not the best and his antics neither but we are all enjoying better days, and thats what most people care.


The articles I linked clearly show consumer confidence and investment have not improved significantly, in fact investment was down for all of 2019. Do you have other data to show? If not you cannot claim ‘we are all enjoying better days’ - the data for that does not exist.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:53 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

We are talking about impact, not which policies each party likes to babble about.

The American Enterprise Institute disagrees in this excellent analysis here:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... orse-90676

And another overview with further data citations from Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... ve-it/amp/

A few simple charts largely saying the same things, for reference:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/amp ... 1028780773

Very difficult to counter any of the above because the data doesn’t exist.



Impact? Consumer confidence and business investments are driven by government policy. Of course who ever is in power influences the economy.

I might agree with you on some things, his personality is not the best and his antics neither but we are all enjoying better days, and thats what most people care.


The articles I linked clearly show consumer confidence and investment have not improved significantly, in fact investment was down for all of 2019. Do you have other data to show? If not you cannot claim ‘we are all enjoying better days’ - the data for that does not exist.


I would have to look further, the opinion of better days is because of the lowest unemployment in decades, wage growth. In 2019 the trade war may have brought confidence and investment it a bit down but its higher than Obama levels for sure.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:59 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


Impact? Consumer confidence and business investments are driven by government policy. Of course who ever is in power influences the economy.

I might agree with you on some things, his personality is not the best and his antics neither but we are all enjoying better days, and thats what most people care.


The articles I linked clearly show consumer confidence and investment have not improved significantly, in fact investment was down for all of 2019. Do you have other data to show? If not you cannot claim ‘we are all enjoying better days’ - the data for that does not exist.


I would have to look further, the opinion of better days is because of the lowest unemployment in decades, wage growth. In 2019 the trade war may have brought confidence and investment it a bit down but its higher than Obama levels for sure.


You could read the articles already linked, but I suppose that’s too much work compared to swallowing WH talking points hook, line, and sinker.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
ParkFSI
Topic Author
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:03 am

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The economy is largely an animal of its own at current dimensions and is not dramatically influenced by a particular POTUS or policy - every WH takes credit when things go well and blames everything else when it doesn’t.

My main issue is responsibility. POTUS and people around them have tremendous public responsibility to present a clear and factual account of what’s going on to the public. Every WH lies, and that has always been irritating, but this one is off the charts - not just twisting truth but repeatedly making claims that are demonstrably false. Humans have only advanced by studying the observable world and improving on that data with careful analysis and action. This WH runs roughshod over that very idea on the daily, feeds conspiracy theories, rationalizes ‘alternative facts’ (which don’t exist) and in the age of more data and information available than ever before, that’s incredibly irresponsible. We are the country that ran the Apollo program, made a successful polio vaccine, and developed the microchip - it’s insane to look so silly to the world now.



De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


What deregulation, specifically? Protected Americans’ rights for getting a payday loan and a subprime mortgage? That extra $13 a paycheck more than makes up for it.


I’m not aware of what lies the WH has been saying for the last 244 years because I don’t believe any person that I haven’t got to know. I just said I’m very happy with the U.S. economy at the the moment and as the old saying goes “what goes up, must come down “ but hopefully that won’t happen.
Now to get a little redneck on ya if you are young and working a low paying job get up off your butt and improve yourself, don’t get your high school sweetheart pregnant or don’t get pregnant working minimum wage and if you’re 40+ making that pay you’re going to have problems. If I did it anyone in the U.S. can.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The articles I linked clearly show consumer confidence and investment have not improved significantly, in fact investment was down for all of 2019. Do you have other data to show? If not you cannot claim ‘we are all enjoying better days’ - the data for that does not exist.


I would have to look further, the opinion of better days is because of the lowest unemployment in decades, wage growth. In 2019 the trade war may have brought confidence and investment it a bit down but its higher than Obama levels for sure.


You could read the articles already linked, but I suppose that’s too much work compared to swallowing WH talking points hook, line, and sinker.



Ok read the articles. They are all opinion pieces, but ok got your point.

Do you truly believe that the proposals by the current Democratic candidates of raising taxes, increasing regulations and creating medicare for all will help?
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 am

ParkFSI wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


De-regulation, tax cuts, etc... pillars of the ‘Trump economy’ sorry but thats totally the opposite of what the Dems do when in power.

No way its an animal of its own.


What deregulation, specifically? Protected Americans’ rights for getting a payday loan and a subprime mortgage? That extra $13 a paycheck more than makes up for it.


I’m not aware of what lies the WH has been saying for the last 244 years because I don’t believe any person that I haven’t got to know. I just said I’m very happy with the U.S. economy at the the moment and as the old saying goes “what goes up, must come down “ but hopefully that won’t happen.
Now to get a little redneck on ya if you are young and working a low paying job get up off your butt and improve yourself, don’t get your high school sweetheart pregnant or don’t get pregnant working minimum wage and if you’re 40+ making that pay you’re going to have problems. If I did it anyone in the U.S. can.


Out on the west coast, my grandparents’ generation always said: ‘suit and tie rarely speaks not a lie’
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:18 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I would have to look further, the opinion of better days is because of the lowest unemployment in decades, wage growth. In 2019 the trade war may have brought confidence and investment it a bit down but its higher than Obama levels for sure.


You could read the articles already linked, but I suppose that’s too much work compared to swallowing WH talking points hook, line, and sinker.



Ok read the articles. They are all opinion pieces, but ok got your point.

Do you truly believe that the proposals by the current Democratic candidates of raising taxes, increasing regulations and creating medicare for all will help?


Do you even know what the American Enterprise Institute does..? Not merely an ‘opinion piece’...they are trying to help the WH, they just don’t listen.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

You could read the articles already linked, but I suppose that’s too much work compared to swallowing WH talking points hook, line, and sinker.



Ok read the articles. They are all opinion pieces, but ok got your point.

Do you truly believe that the proposals by the current Democratic candidates of raising taxes, increasing regulations and creating medicare for all will help?


Do you even know what the American Enterprise Institute does..? Not merely an ‘opinion piece’...


Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:28 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:


Ok read the articles. They are all opinion pieces, but ok got your point.

Do you truly believe that the proposals by the current Democratic candidates of raising taxes, increasing regulations and creating medicare for all will help?


Do you even know what the American Enterprise Institute does..? Not merely an ‘opinion piece’...


Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you even know what the American Enterprise Institute does..? Not merely an ‘opinion piece’...


Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


I dont need to show you the unemployment numbers, google them they are there.

Michigan’s unemployment rate is very low too. Compared to 4 years ago and most of the country too.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:36 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Do you even know what the American Enterprise Institute does..? Not merely an ‘opinion piece’...


Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


Unfortunately these days I’m afraid some digest and regurgitate the propaganda so much they’re blind to the fact that a majority (yes, MOST) Americans do not approve of the guy or his administration regardless of how “good” the economy may be.

And plenty of us are in the upper middle class and are doing well under Trump (just as we did under Obama and Bush ... crazy what money can do, right?) but want no part of supporting a sociopathic, self-interested, banal, idiotic, criminal 100-times-over liar as president.

Cuz, you know, the whole morals and patriotism thing and all.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:38 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


I dont need to show you the unemployment numbers, google them they are there.

Michigan’s unemployment rate is very low too. Compared to 4 years ago and most of the country too.


What a bunch of ingrates the Michiganders are then, eh?

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/michigan/
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:44 am

jetero wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


Unfortunately these days I’m afraid some digest and regurgitate the propaganda so much they’re blind to the fact that a majority (yes, MOST) Americans do not approve of the guy or his administration regardless of how “good” the economy may be.

And plenty of us are in the upper middle class and are doing well under Trump (just as we did under Obama and Bush ... crazy what money can do, right?) but want no part of supporting a sociopathic, self-interested, banal, idiotic, criminal 100-times-over liar as president.

Cuz, you know, the whole morals and patriotism thing and all.


So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Well, stock market, unemployment rates, wage growth, that speaks better than analysis or opinion pieces.

Remember a few months back all the recession chatter? Many serious people wrote similar things.


So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


I dont need to show you the unemployment numbers, google them they are there.

Michigan’s unemployment rate is very low too. Compared to 4 years ago and most of the country too.


The U-3 unemployment rate is a political tool abused by all administrations and is basically worthless. Tell me how the U-6 unemployment rate is doing.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:46 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


Unfortunately these days I’m afraid some digest and regurgitate the propaganda so much they’re blind to the fact that a majority (yes, MOST) Americans do not approve of the guy or his administration regardless of how “good” the economy may be.

And plenty of us are in the upper middle class and are doing well under Trump (just as we did under Obama and Bush ... crazy what money can do, right?) but want no part of supporting a sociopathic, self-interested, banal, idiotic, criminal 100-times-over liar as president.

Cuz, you know, the whole morals and patriotism thing and all.


So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.


The current insane insurance system is far more nanny state than what most of the developed world has. Just replace 'nanny state' with BCBS or Aetna. You just have no experience overseas so can't possibly know how well some other systems work by comparison.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:53 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

So do WH approval numbers. The majority of Americans ‘doing well’ are in the 25 largest cities - and they are not shifting to support this silly administration any more than 3 years ago. You have presented no real evidence of impact, just inflating the talking points. Ask people in Michigan how they feel.


Unfortunately these days I’m afraid some digest and regurgitate the propaganda so much they’re blind to the fact that a majority (yes, MOST) Americans do not approve of the guy or his administration regardless of how “good” the economy may be.

And plenty of us are in the upper middle class and are doing well under Trump (just as we did under Obama and Bush ... crazy what money can do, right?) but want no part of supporting a sociopathic, self-interested, banal, idiotic, criminal 100-times-over liar as president.

Cuz, you know, the whole morals and patriotism thing and all.


So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.


It sounds like you don’t trust the people to be able to decide for themselves.

I’m sorry if it’s upsetting that most people in Michigan disagree with you. I guess some people don’t have a price, or if they do it’s higher than their $13 tax cut.

It’s OK! There are other states. Like Mississippi. And Wyoming. You know, states with more Mushroom People.
Last edited by jetero on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:54 am

The economy does well despite the actions of the administration, not because of it. Normal presidential powers don't have much ability to influence the economy, although this one has abused his powers to threaten it.

The low unemployment rate was long ago predicted due to boomer retirement. It does more to limit growth than further it when it becomes a labor shortage like it is. We're actually in a bit of a demographic crisis with immigration reduced so low.
情報
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:55 am

45 is also in trouble with independents. The standard job approval rating is more a polarization measure - but when 45 is compared to other well-known Republicans, he scores notably badly with independents.

Image
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Unfortunately these days I’m afraid some digest and regurgitate the propaganda so much they’re blind to the fact that a majority (yes, MOST) Americans do not approve of the guy or his administration regardless of how “good” the economy may be.

And plenty of us are in the upper middle class and are doing well under Trump (just as we did under Obama and Bush ... crazy what money can do, right?) but want no part of supporting a sociopathic, self-interested, banal, idiotic, criminal 100-times-over liar as president.

Cuz, you know, the whole morals and patriotism thing and all.


So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.


The current insane insurance system is far more nanny state than what most of the developed world has. Just replace 'nanny state' with BCBS or Aetna. You just have no experience overseas so can't possibly know how well some other systems work by comparison.


Really? No experience overseas? Try Spain which I admit is good, but wait a few months for a surgery can take months, know for a fact because of family. Universal healthcare sounds nice but its not as perfect as it seems when looking from here.

Anyways good luck selling all of that come November.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.


The current insane insurance system is far more nanny state than what most of the developed world has. Just replace 'nanny state' with BCBS or Aetna. You just have no experience overseas so can't possibly know how well some other systems work by comparison.


Really? No experience overseas? Try Spain which I admit is good, but wait a few months for a surgery can take months, know for a fact because of family. Universal healthcare sounds nice but its not as perfect as it seems when looking from here.

Anyways good luck selling all of that come November.


How would it have worked for them if they lived in the U.S. and they didn’t have health insurance? I guess there’s always prayer.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
45 is also in trouble with independents. The standard job approval rating is more a polarization measure - but when 45 is compared to other well-known Republicans, he scores notably badly with independents.

Image


There's still independents? Trump made me register as a democrat.
情報
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:58 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?

The left is going to hate who ever is not a Democrat president... just so happens that this time is Trump.


The current insane insurance system is far more nanny state than what most of the developed world has. Just replace 'nanny state' with BCBS or Aetna. You just have no experience overseas so can't possibly know how well some other systems work by comparison.


Really? No experience overseas? Try Spain which I admit is good, but wait a few months for a surgery can take months, know for a fact because of family. Universal healthcare sounds nice but its not as perfect as it seems when looking from here.

Anyways good luck selling all of that come November.


Spain is not considered amongst the model healthcare systems. Try Germany, France, South Korea, Japan or Australia.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:02 am

Aaron747 wrote:
45 is also in trouble with independents. The standard job approval rating is more a polarization measure - but when 45 is compared to other well-known Republicans, he scores notably badly with independents.

Image


How depressing for the Trumpists given all of the accomplishments and the fact that America is “great again.” Wonder if he can turn it around before November by, er, not lying or committing more crimes?
Last edited by jetero on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:03 am

Jouhou wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
45 is also in trouble with independents. The standard job approval rating is more a polarization measure - but when 45 is compared to other well-known Republicans, he scores notably badly with independents.

Image


There's still independents? Trump made me register as a democrat.


There are a lot of independents - supposedly 38% of the voting public. I'm still one to this day because over 100 Dem members of Congress voted to authorize war in Iraq when they had nothing to do with 9/11.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:10 am

Aaron747 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
45 is also in trouble with independents. The standard job approval rating is more a polarization measure - but when 45 is compared to other well-known Republicans, he scores notably badly with independents.

Image


There's still independents? Trump made me register as a democrat.


There are a lot of independents - supposedly 38% of the voting public. I'm still one to this day because over 100 Dem members of Congress voted to authorize war in Iraq when they had nothing to do with 9/11.


I decided I can't possibly vote for a Republican again with the party in this state so I might as well participate in Democratic primaries because that's the only opportunity for "choice" I will have.
情報
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:37 am

afcjets wrote:
Aaron 747 wrote:
The current insane insurance system is far more nanny state than what most of the developed world has. Just replace 'nanny state' with BCBS or Aetna. You just have no experience overseas so can't possibly know how well some other systems work by comparison.

How well do you think they would work without American innovation?


Disingenuous. Innovation is not dying out in China, Germany, or especially Israel simply because they don't have or stopped operating a for-profit health insurance system.

Excerpts the 2011 PwC Medical Tech Innovation scorecard, comparing country performance on per capita basis:

Image

Image

Image

Clearly in healthcare terms, the type of system has no deleterious effect on technology, hospital beds, patents, or investment. The only reason the US clearly leads the chart in researchers is because we have a vast number of well-funded universities with science departments.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
SanDiegoLover
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 am

ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


You didn’t sound so sanguine just 2 weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1438177&p=21899355#p21899355
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 1183
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:22 am

What I don't Like About Trump



he lies, even when he doesn't have to
he treats women poorly,
he's a bully
he's childish, has no moral compass and his ignorance is a daily embarrassment
he's increased our debt, and a tax cut for the wealthy of course didn't trickle-down nor pay for itself. he's fiscally irresponsible
is selling our troops to Saudi Arabia when he campaigned on getting us out of these endless wars
he said he would drain the swamp, but instead, he brought in his own swamp, causing many advisors to leave
He's laughed at and the brunt of jokes by other world leaders

I could go on but I think I got my point across.

What I Like about Trump

when he messed up on the trade war with China, he put the fire out,
instead of doubling down.

he tweeted to the protesters in Iran supporting them.
 
B777LRF
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:20 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?


Medicare for all should be just one of many reversions of current practices. You'll also need to make education free, up to and including university, making the sole barrier of entry the ability and motivation of a potential student. Then you'll need to create an equivalent to the "Flexicurity" system, which simultaneously allows corporations to adjust staff numbers to suit the conditions (the flexi portion) with a social welfare system which protects those who are made redundant (the security portion). Then you need to completely revise your way of doing politics, mainly be putting an effective barrier between lobbyists and politicians, coupled with a complete revision of campaign finances. To wit, no political party or candidate shall be allowed to accept donations from corporations or individuals in excess of a few thousand pounds, aggregated that is. Next up you'll have to scale your ambitions of world policeman down a couple of notches, but the good thing is the money you save on guns and bullets can be used to finance the health care, education and social security system you so desperately need.

All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.
Signature. You just read one.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:02 pm

B777LRF wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?


Medicare for all should be just one of many reversions of current practices. You'll also need to make education free, up to and including university, making the sole barrier of entry the ability and motivation of a potential student. Then you'll need to create an equivalent to the "Flexicurity" system, which simultaneously allows corporations to adjust staff numbers to suit the conditions (the flexi portion) with a social welfare system which protects those who are made redundant (the security portion). Then you need to completely revise your way of doing politics, mainly be putting an effective barrier between lobbyists and politicians, coupled with a complete revision of campaign finances. To wit, no political party or candidate shall be allowed to accept donations from corporations or individuals in excess of a few thousand pounds, aggregated that is. Next up you'll have to scale your ambitions of world policeman down a couple of notches, but the good thing is the money you save on guns and bullets can be used to finance the health care, education and social security system you so desperately need.

All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.


Trump already hiked American's taxes massively (tariffs) to pay for the tax breaks given to corporations and the wealthy. It's the one tax a president actually has control over and he increased it.
情報
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:05 pm

B777LRF wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?


Medicare for all should be just one of many reversions of current practices. You'll also need to make education free, up to and including university, making the sole barrier of entry the ability and motivation of a potential student. Then you'll need to create an equivalent to the "Flexicurity" system, which simultaneously allows corporations to adjust staff numbers to suit the conditions (the flexi portion) with a social welfare system which protects those who are made redundant (the security portion). Then you need to completely revise your way of doing politics, mainly be putting an effective barrier between lobbyists and politicians, coupled with a complete revision of campaign finances. To wit, no political party or candidate shall be allowed to accept donations from corporations or individuals in excess of a few thousand pounds, aggregated that is. Next up you'll have to scale your ambitions of world policeman down a couple of notches, but the good thing is the money you save on guns and bullets can be used to finance the health care, education and social security system you so desperately need.

All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.


So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

This country is built on the individual pursuing his or her happiness not the groups or the communities happiness and if you start creating a big government with a huge nanny state turns out freedom and opportunity will be significantly diminished and remove the entire essence of this nation.

You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:10 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them


Hollow statement. You could also ask, "Why do most of them stay?" Stays have it, I guess.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:08 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
B777LRF wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
So I guess we should vote for Bernie or Warren to ‘fix’ the country with their hike in taxes and regulations and a bigger nanny state with ‘medicare for all’?


Medicare for all should be just one of many reversions of current practices. You'll also need to make education free, up to and including university, making the sole barrier of entry the ability and motivation of a potential student. Then you'll need to create an equivalent to the "Flexicurity" system, which simultaneously allows corporations to adjust staff numbers to suit the conditions (the flexi portion) with a social welfare system which protects those who are made redundant (the security portion). Then you need to completely revise your way of doing politics, mainly be putting an effective barrier between lobbyists and politicians, coupled with a complete revision of campaign finances. To wit, no political party or candidate shall be allowed to accept donations from corporations or individuals in excess of a few thousand pounds, aggregated that is. Next up you'll have to scale your ambitions of world policeman down a couple of notches, but the good thing is the money you save on guns and bullets can be used to finance the health care, education and social security system you so desperately need.

All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.


So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

This country is built on the individual pursuing his or her happiness not the groups or the communities happiness and if you start creating a big government with a huge nanny state turns out freedom and opportunity will be significantly diminished and remove the entire essence of this nation.

You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them


The countries I named with excellent healthcare systems don't have citizens migrating to the US in any significant numbers - if Germans or Japanese or Australians are living in the US, it's usually because their employer sent them there or they married an American.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
ParkFSI
Topic Author
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:13 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else. That is where the rubber meets the road and if the U.S. economy is good so is most of the world. If you are employed in the U.S. I can’t see anyway that you are worse off than three years ago.
Many of us are perplexed why fellow Americans are disgusted with this administration. I’m only 58 and I’ve never seen a admin get so much done while having to swim up stream.
Anyway, that’s my #1 reason why I give the current admin a thumbs up. As far as my dislike, don’t have one because it doesn’t effect me.


You didn’t sound so sanguine just 2 weeks ago. viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1438177&p=21899355#p21899355


I don’t understand what you’re saying ? My wife and I went through a unexpected tuff time and instead of sleeping late and laying around watching TV we did odd jobs to get by, did continuing education and got back to good full time employment.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
B777LRF wrote:

Medicare for all should be just one of many reversions of current practices. You'll also need to make education free, up to and including university, making the sole barrier of entry the ability and motivation of a potential student. Then you'll need to create an equivalent to the "Flexicurity" system, which simultaneously allows corporations to adjust staff numbers to suit the conditions (the flexi portion) with a social welfare system which protects those who are made redundant (the security portion). Then you need to completely revise your way of doing politics, mainly be putting an effective barrier between lobbyists and politicians, coupled with a complete revision of campaign finances. To wit, no political party or candidate shall be allowed to accept donations from corporations or individuals in excess of a few thousand pounds, aggregated that is. Next up you'll have to scale your ambitions of world policeman down a couple of notches, but the good thing is the money you save on guns and bullets can be used to finance the health care, education and social security system you so desperately need.

All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.


So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

This country is built on the individual pursuing his or her happiness not the groups or the communities happiness and if you start creating a big government with a huge nanny state turns out freedom and opportunity will be significantly diminished and remove the entire essence of this nation.

You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them


The countries I named with excellent healthcare systems don't have citizens migrating to the US in any significant numbers - if Germans or Japanese or Australians are living in the US, it's usually because their employer sent them there or they married an American.


You mentioned Germans and French systems, according to my source (linked) the US had almost 1 million immigrants from those nations.

That says a lot about their utopian healthcare system and coming to ours which according to you folks need to be like theirs.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

This country is built on the individual pursuing his or her happiness not the groups or the communities happiness and if you start creating a big government with a huge nanny state turns out freedom and opportunity will be significantly diminished and remove the entire essence of this nation.

You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them


The countries I named with excellent healthcare systems don't have citizens migrating to the US in any significant numbers - if Germans or Japanese or Australians are living in the US, it's usually because their employer sent them there or they married an American.


You mentioned Germans and French systems, according to my source (linked) the US had almost 1 million immigrants from those nations.

That says a lot about their utopian healthcare system and coming to ours which according to you folks need to be like theirs.


And how many stayed, my friend?
 
B777LRF
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:27 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.


It would naturally end with health care, education and a social security network. Nobody around here gets free housing, free food or free private transportation and, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, it's not expected either. I appreciate the US is, despite it's urge to portray itself as the land of the self-reliant, very much the land of entitlement. The nation state provides the basics (which include the aforementioned education, health care and social security), the rest is up to the individual. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.
Signature. You just read one.
 
L410Turbolet
Posts: 6151
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:32 pm

The fact that it generates hundreds of pointless threads on a.net.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10567
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:36 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

This country is built on the individual pursuing his or her happiness not the groups or the communities happiness and if you start creating a big government with a huge nanny state turns out freedom and opportunity will be significantly diminished and remove the entire essence of this nation.

You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article ... ted-states

They come here despite its imperfection for our economic freedoms I am sure. Dont reverse them


The countries I named with excellent healthcare systems don't have citizens migrating to the US in any significant numbers - if Germans or Japanese or Australians are living in the US, it's usually because their employer sent them there or they married an American.


You mentioned Germans and French systems, according to my source (linked) the US had almost 1 million immigrants from those nations.

That says a lot about their utopian healthcare system and coming to ours which according to you folks need to be like theirs.


It doesn't say anything about why they came. You are making wild assumptions out of thin air - nothing in the article said anything about 'rejecting utopian health systems'.

I know you don't like reading. Here, you might learn something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3QLPdHysc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9XZcgFZdi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzUCToycks
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, bombayduck, flyguy89, RJMAZ and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos