Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AirWorthy99

Re: What do you like or don’t like about the Trump Administration

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:40 pm

B777LRF wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

It would naturally end with health care, education and a social security network. Nobody around here gets free housing, free food or free private transportation and, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, it's not expected either. I appreciate the US is, despite it's urge to portray itself as the land of the self-reliant, very much the land of entitlement. The nation state provides the basics (which include the aforementioned education, health care and social security), the rest is up to the individual. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Not according to the Democratic front runner

https://berniesanders.com/issues/housing-all/

Housing for all... we know where this leads...
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

AirWorthy99

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:46 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The countries I named with excellent healthcare systems don't have citizens migrating to the US in any significant numbers - if Germans or Japanese or Australians are living in the US, it's usually because their employer sent them there or they married an American.

You mentioned Germans and French systems, according to my source (linked) the US had almost 1 million immigrants from those nations.

That says a lot about their utopian healthcare system and coming to ours which according to you folks need to be like theirs.

It doesn't say anything about why they came. You are making wild assumptions out of thin air - nothing in the article said anything about 'rejecting utopian health systems'.

I know you don't like reading. Here, you might learn something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3QLPdHysc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9XZcgFZdi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzUCToycks

Just so happens that I know of a German family in my kids school. They complained about our healthcare system alright, but because I am polite I did not ask why they came here in the first place, but I am sure they did not mind enduring the ‘bad’ healthcare since thats not the reason they came here for. Perhaps for the things they could not have in their native country. Its not all about utopian healthcare.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

petertenthije

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:49 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
You mentioned Germans and French systems, according to my source (linked) the US had almost 1 million immigrants from those nations.

That says a lot about their utopian healthcare system and coming to ours which according to you folks need to be like theirs.
Using your own link, the figure represents the total number of europeans, not an annual figure of new arrivals.

And, again using your site, the number of europeans shows a steady decline (fig.2) starting from roughly 1960. It went up again following the fall of the iron curtain, but these days it is going down again.

Europeans do not go to the USA for the healthcare. My niece married an American and moved stateside. She tried to maintain her Dutch healthcare policy and insurance but unfortunately that was not possible.
Attamottamotta!

Aaron747

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

It doesn't say anything about why they came. You are making wild assumptions out of thin air - nothing in the article said anything about 'rejecting utopian health systems'.

I know you don't like reading. Here, you might learn something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3QLPdHysc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9XZcgFZdi0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzUCToycks

Just so happens that I know of a German family in my kids school. They complained about our healthcare system alright, but because I am polite I did not ask why they came here in the first place, but I am sure they did not mind enduring the ‘bad’ healthcare since thats not the reason they came here for. Perhaps for the things they could not have in their native country. Its not all about utopian healthcare.

What's the reason they came? I suppose that was in your article too...?

And you're a parent? Ay, Dios mío...
Last edited by Aaron747 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

jetero

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
B777LRF wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
So where would this end? You give education for free healthcare for free, where would the individual come in and assume responsibility for his life when he will then say “housing” is a right, “food” is a right, a car is a “right”.

It would naturally end with health care, education and a social security network. Nobody around here gets free housing, free food or free private transportation and, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, it's not expected either. I appreciate the US is, despite it's urge to portray itself as the land of the self-reliant, very much the land of entitlement. The nation state provides the basics (which include the aforementioned education, health care and social security), the rest is up to the individual. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Not according to the Democratic front runner

https://berniesanders.com/issues/housing-all/

Housing for all... we know where this leads...

I thought this thread was about Trump?

noviorbis77

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:36 pm

As a UK citizen, I have absolute indifference.

Yes, the USA is our closest ally, but internal politics is their business.

tommy1808

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:43 pm

ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period

Did the tax cut more for you than 3k/year?

Best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

ParkFSI
Topic Author

Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:45 pm

I really need to check my pay stub this week while at work ( of course it’s electronic and I haven’t checked it in over a year ) but it always bothers me seeing how much is deducted. I was told the company has had tax cuts and they passed some of the savings to the employees, my pay has increased about 10K in the last two years.
Thread killer

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:49 pm

Since 2007 I've been self-employed and in a business that makes money off of people with disposable income who don't want to own homes or can't. Things got noticeable in Nov of last year. Many of my clients are experienced a drop in inflowing income. It's been hard for us in the property management business. So, while some markets are doing better my field is not. Many of my clients have expanded their business in the hope that things will get better. This is a risk, Most of my clients, have a well-rounded nest egg, so they aren't worried. Right now my biggest problem is finding properties for my clients to buy and fix up. I've worked my butt off finding properties, only to be constantly outbid. everybody paying cash. I used to be able to offer cash, and seal the deal in one day. but now investors are paying cash. I have to get to a property before they get to a realtor. I did manage to buy 3 properties last year, usually, I buy 10. I found plenty of workers to fix up the properties. I feel bad, that I can't keep all of my regular contractors busy. So I'm seeing things from a different side. I am actually worried about our economy. I'm seeing the same thing happen that happened in 2007. House prices going up to fast. The difference is the bidding wars, are caused by investors paying cash, not first-time homeowners. The investors get the homes, fix them up, stage them and wait to rent them out. But, we are having a hard time renting them out. Investors have flooded the market. I hope that makes sense. I worry that income inequality has only been made worse under Trump. For those paying attention. He's added only low paying jobs, middle class and upper-class jobs are declining. I hope other markets are doing better, but if low paying job is the only jobs increasing. I don't see how Trump's economy is trickling down. It seems that more and more people are just finding low paying jobs, a stable economy needs jobs that aren't below the poverty level so that people don't live paycheck to paycheck and have disposable income.

AirWorthy99

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:59 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
Since 2007 I've been self-employed and in a business that makes money off of people with disposable income who don't want to own homes or can't. Things got noticeable in Nov of last year. Many of my clients are experienced a drop in inflowing income. It's been hard for us in the property management business. So, while some markets are doing better my field is not. Many of my clients have expanded their business in the hope that things will get better. This is a risk, Most of my clients, have a well-rounded nest egg, so they aren't worried. Right now my biggest problem is finding properties for my clients to buy and fix up. I've worked my butt off finding properties, only to be constantly outbid. everybody paying cash. I used to be able to offer cash, and seal the deal in one day. but now investors are paying cash. I have to get to a property before they get to a realtor. I did manage to buy 3 properties last year, usually, I buy 10. I found plenty of workers to fix up the properties. I feel bad, that I can't keep all of my regular contractors busy. So I'm seeing things from a different side. I am actually worried about our economy. I'm seeing the same thing happen that happened in 2007. House prices going up to fast. The difference is the bidding wars, are caused by investors paying cash, not first-time homeowners. The investors get the homes, fix them up, stage them and wait to rent them out. But, we are having a hard time renting them out. Investors have flooded the market. I hope that makes sense. I worry that income inequality has only been made worse under Trump. For those paying attention. He's added only low paying jobs, middle class and upper-class jobs are declining. I hope other markets are doing better, but if low paying job is the only jobs increasing. I don't see how Trump's economy is trickling down. It seems that more and more people are just finding low paying jobs, a stable economy needs jobs that aren't below the poverty level so that people don't live paycheck to paycheck and have disposable income.

Actually, wages have been rising https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/busi ... onomy.html

whilst inflation has been kept down, so actually the increase are real on the pocket of Americans. Certainly not all sectors of the economy will be doing ok, some are better than others no doubt.

Dutchy

Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:18 pm

ParkFSI wrote:
I try and keep up and learn about politics, but like most Americans I’m a mushroom. But I vote with my wallet, period, I personally don’t care about anything else.

Ok. At least it is honest. I personally don't believe it to be true, you must care about other issues as well. What is in your wallet or better what you can do with it, it a result of many many different aspects, partly initiated by politicians.

For the Trump administration, there are a lot of other threats for that.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Jouhou

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 pm

ParkFSI wrote:
I really need to check my pay stub this week while at work ( of course it’s electronic and I haven’t checked it in over a year ) but it always bothers me seeing how much is deducted. I was told the company has had tax cuts and they passed some of the savings to the employees, my pay has increased about 10K in the last two years.

Then notice you're being nickle and dimed on purchases of goods. A 4% pay increase isn't an improvement when you're paying 7% more for basic goods.
情報

NIKV69

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 pm

jetero wrote:
Most Americans are a fungus?

You do have a dislike but it “doesn’t effect you”?

What constitutes “so much done”?

Hmmmm. I will sit this one out. Pass the Titos and Champagne. :champagne:
I am the Googlizer!!!

jetero

Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:24 pm

ParkFSI wrote:

Yes, please check that paycheck. Start with your first paycheck after the tax cut. It sounds to me as if it must not’ve registered if you can’t remember. And I’m not surprised, because that’s how it was for the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:43 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

Actually, wages have been rising https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/02/busi ... onomy.html

whilst inflation has been kept down, so actually the increase are real on the pocket of Americans. Certainly not all sectors of the economy will be doing ok, some are better than others no doubt.

All you posted was an opinion piece. Please post an actual analysis source demonstrating clearly that real, not average, wages have increased, particularly for the middle class. Everyone knows wages are increasing at the low and top ends - statutory minimum wage increases for the former, endless expansion of compensation for the latter.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

WarRI1

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 am

Everything President Donald Trump touches is fouled, tainted, diminished and perverted. Every charitable act is fraudulent and self-serving. Every decision requiring knowledge and thoughtful reflection is the victim of sophomoric understanding and the pursuit of self-aggrandizement. Every day he remains in office is fraught with real danger.

And every citizen who can still support him at this juncture suffers from hypnotic self-delusion. He should not remain in office for four more minutes, never mind four more years.

This is what I do not like about the trump administration. This is a letter to the Editor, that says it all and is grounds for intense dislike of this corrupt group. :banghead:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

BN747

Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:58 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Everything President Donald Trump touches is fouled, tainted, diminished and perverted. Every charitable act is fraudulent and self-serving. Every decision requiring knowledge and thoughtful reflection is the victim of sophomoric understanding and the pursuit of self-aggrandizement. Every day he remains in office is fraught with real danger.

And every citizen who can still support him at this juncture suffers from hypnotic self-delusion. He should not remain in office for four more minutes, never mind four more years.

This is what I do not like about the trump administration. This is a letter to the Editor, that says it all and is grounds for intense dislike of this corrupt group. :banghead:

Ooohhh...and he's delivering the really nice Mary Poppins/Fox News polite criticisms...I can't post here how I truly feel, but most here already know.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 am

DLFREEBIRD wrote:

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Aaron747 wrote
All you posted was an opinion piece. Please post an actual analysis source demonstrating clearly that real, not average, wages have increased, particularly for the middle class. Everyone knows wages are increasing at the low and top ends - statutory minimum wage increases for the former, endless expansion of compensation for the latter.

O.K.
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/ ... s-debt-w...

deficit chart

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianw ... a-prove-...

here are links, These chart showing a decline in good-paying jobs and a rise in low wage jobs. When you look at the charts, remember
the minimum wage is way below the poverty line. If someone makes $15/Hr they are still living below the poverty level. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A008RE1Q156NBEA

look at 2014 compared with 2019.

seb146

Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 am

Like with any other Republican administration, this one is bloating the government. They keep talking about wanting smaller government and more efficient government but just keep creating more and more layers of government.

We have money in the budget for a "space force" but have zero dollars to feed the hungry and house the homeless and give people affordable health care. But let's create yet another government department.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

SanDiegoLover

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:44 am

seb146 wrote:
Like with any other Republican administration, this one is bloating the government. They keep talking about wanting smaller government and more efficient government but just keep creating more and more layers of government.

We have money in the budget for a "space force" but have zero dollars to feed the hungry and house the homeless and give people affordable health care. But let's create yet another government department.

Another MILITARY department at that! We already spend OVER $1 TRILLION per year on our military when you add it all up (Ie...VA, nukes in Dept Energy, it’s portion of interest on debt). With that kind of profligate spending and fielding of personnel we are going to continue to find ourselves in wars that cost TRILLIONS. The military needs a 1/3rd cut and downsizing.....I’d prefer to see 50% cut. The “WAR ON TERROR” has cost us $2.4 TRILLION and counting!

Trump is on pace to spend even more money than Obama did on the “WAR ON TERROR”. So much for getting the USA out of foreign entanglements.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-military ... th-3306320

https://www.thebalance.com/war-on-terro ... ne-3306300

N14AZ

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:31 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What I don't Like About Trump

he lies, even when he doesn't have to.

Read an interesting interview with the former German secretary of defense, who now lives in the USA since several years. He, like me, thinks that Trump will win the elections later this year. Regarding the lies he said something funny (or not so funny- these are the times we are living in), roughly translated: „yes, many [US citizens] think „yes, he is lying to us. But he is lying in an authentic way“. Source and many more interesting statements (in German language only): https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Kanzler-Fue ... 15109.html

There is one thing I really liked about Trump. It’s what he said when he learned about the investigations regarding Russia. I think he said something like „I am done“ or something like this. This was almost human and I even felt kind of pity for him.

Reinhardt

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:55 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.

This always suprises me considering how much of a 'christian' nation America is. You guys are incredibly selfish when it comes to things that you think don't directly affect you. I don't understand how you can look at every single study that shows countires that have a healthcare system that offers free at the point of use care is better in almost every measureable metric and think naaaa it's ok, we should keep bankruptsies, millions unable to afford insurance etc.

Nobody is suggesting a UK NHS style healthcare system, but you should in this day and age having something like Germany or Australia. Everyone is insured. An insurer cannot turn down someone, they cannot make a profit over a certain level. If you earn upto a certain level you have to choose one of a listed number of insurance companies. If you earn over xx then you can choose a private provider and get essentially private care. So you get to choose.

And guess what? It costs a fraction of what you pay in the US. It's taken out of your wages so you don't have to feck around with any taxes or returns. There's no deductables. You can choose what doctor you go to. Waiting times for operations are on paar with US providers if not better. I can see a doctor the same day. I can even have a skype appointment. My local hospital is brand new with 3 helicopter landing pads on the roof, everyone is covered, nobody goes without. When it costs less...honestly it's a no brainer.

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Nobody gives healthcare for free. Most countries have 'free' at the point of use. UK has the NHS, it's free to use but you pay for it in your taxes. You pay for medication, dentists visits etc.
Germany has free education, but look at the workforce. The number of people with degrees is massive. Go down a different path then..a student loan system that actually works.

There are some things that a lot of the world has now grown to consider an effective human right. Healthcare and education are two of those things. Because both benefit the individual and the nation as a whole. A fit workforce, costs less, is more productive. A well educated country / workforce earns more money, contributes more, raises living standards, pays more tax = more money for shi*

AirWorthy99 wrote:
You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

I can guarantee you nobody moves to the US from Europe for it's healthcare. Healthcare and gun ownership is something that the majority of EU citizens roll their eyes on when ever it's mentioned.
There are plenty of American's living in Europe by the way. Some of my closest friends here in Germany are Americans. None of them miss US healthcare.

There's a ton to love about the US, but healthcare ain't one of them.
Last edited by Reinhardt on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetero

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:58 pm

The first presidential election I could vote in was in 2000.

The one positive I see is that Bush's inept administration, with the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars and the financial crisis, probably significantly diluted Republican support in my generation. Granted, he didn't pay lip service to conspiracy theories, spew racist tropes, or otherwise go out of his way to divide the country.

So the good thing I see about the Trump administration is that it'll make a bunch of people in my generation who were hesitant about voting for a Republican in the first place never vote for one again, and it'll do the same thing that the Bush administration did--but even more strongly--for the next generation. So there's a part of me that's completely OK with Trump getting reelected because he, being the fraud he is, will definitely implode if given enough time. And there will be a long line of lapdog enablers standing behind him trying to say "If only we knew . . . "

It's definitely the opposite for my father's generation, for whom Reagan was evidently a breath of fresh air and "righted the ship" after a period of turmoil. And most of those people are still voting Republican because they became "Never Democrats" during the LBJ and Carter administrations. So my prediction is we see the equivalent here . . . I just hope the Democratic Party is a lot more responsible when holding onto power becomes tenuous than Republicans are. The bar is so low . . . I mean as it stands now they just need to avoid making up crap like Hillary Clinton running a child sex dungeon in the basement of a pizza shop.

casinterest

Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:55 pm

Trump Administration:

Like? Not much
I got a huge tax cut. Yippee skippee.
He passes meaningless executive orders that can be reversed when a sane person takes office

Dislike:
1. Lies to everyone: simple minded folks lap it up like it is tonic for their ills, while ignoring the snake oil truth behind it.
2. Blames immigrants for issues that are not the fault of immigrants: health care, crime, job loss: See above
3. Can't get meaningful legislation passed, so passes a bunch of executive orders that leave the underlying laws in place which will result in whiplash politcs. See above.
4 Can't come up with a healthcare replacement for Obamacare, so lies about waiting till after the election along with all the other dishonorable GOP members.
5. Doesn't treat others well.
6. Has no respect for American foreign policy or trade and the effect it will have in the long run
7. Has run up a huge budget deficit to fund my personal tax cuts.
8. Trying to fund a wall that is useless.
9. Has sold out American personnel to foriegn entities ( Russia,. Ukraine) and countless others.
10. Sucks up to North Korea, yet rattles his saber at Iran presenting an incoherent foreign policy

The list can go on, but until Trump is replaced with a more honorable person, the GOP's claims about economy first don't hold water.

If you implement a tax cut and can't pay for it, as the GOP surely hasn't. Then it isn't much of a tax cut. It is a tax raise for future tax payers. Especially when the economy tanks.
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:55 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump Administration:

Like? Not much
I got a huge tax cut. Yippee skippee.
He passes meaningless executive orders that can be reversed when a sane person takes office

Dislike:
1. Lies to everyone: simple minded folks lap it up like it is tonic for their ills, while ignoring the snake oil truth behind it.
2. Blames immigrants for issues that are not the fault of immigrants: health care, crime, job loss: See above
3. Can't get meaningful legislation passed, so passes a bunch of executive orders that leave the underlying laws in place which will result in whiplash politcs. See above.
4 Can't come up with a healthcare replacement for Obamacare, so lies about waiting till after the election along with all the other dishonorable GOP members.
5. Doesn't treat others well.
6. Has no respect for American foreign policy or trade and the effect it will have in the long run
7. Has run up a huge budget deficit to fund my personal tax cuts.
8. Trying to fund a wall that is useless.
9. Has sold out American personnel to foriegn entities ( Russia,. Ukraine) and countless others.
10. Sucks up to North Korea, yet rattles his saber at Iran presenting an incoherent foreign policy

The list can go on, but until Trump is replaced with a more honorable person, the GOP's claims about economy first don't hold water.

If you implement a tax cut and can't pay for it, as the GOP surely hasn't. Then it isn't much of a tax cut. It is a tax raise for future tax payers. Especially when the economy tanks.

:checkmark: x 10.

Plus he has zero military training, understanding matching his ZERO respect of Miltary officials, operations and knowledge of tradition.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:16 pm

N14AZ wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
What I don't Like About Trump

he lies, even when he doesn't have to.

Read an interesting interview with the former German secretary of defense, who now lives in the USA since several years. He, like me, thinks that Trump will win the elections later this year. Regarding the lies he said something funny (or not so funny- these are the times we are living in), roughly translated: „yes, many [US citizens] think „yes, he is lying to us. But he is lying in an authentic way“. Source and many more interesting statements (in German language only): https://www.n-tv.de/politik/Kanzler-Fue ... 15109.html

There is one thing I really liked about Trump. It’s what he said when he learned about the investigations regarding Russia. I think he said something like „I am done“ or something like this. This was almost human and I even felt kind of pity for him.

i don't know if i pity him, but i do feel his impulsiveness hurts the world at large.

casinterest

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:30 pm

Just another thing to dislike about the man. He takes MLK day to honor himself.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 8973838336
Where ever you go, there you are.

BN747

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 pm

casinterest wrote:

...and that takes a very special kind of ignorance to take that road, and of course without fail...who is surprised?

BN747

seb146

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Reinhardt wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
All of which is never going to happen, because the average American voter has little to no interestes beyond those of his immediate family or community.

This always suprises me considering how much of a 'christian' nation America is. You guys are incredibly selfish when it comes to things that you think don't directly affect you. I don't understand how you can look at every single study that shows countires that have a healthcare system that offers free at the point of use care is better in almost every measureable metric and think naaaa it's ok, we should keep bankruptsies, millions unable to afford insurance etc.

Nobody is suggesting a UK NHS style healthcare system, but you should in this day and age having something like Germany or Australia. Everyone is insured. An insurer cannot turn down someone, they cannot make a profit over a certain level. If you earn upto a certain level you have to choose one of a listed number of insurance companies. If you earn over xx then you can choose a private provider and get essentially private care. So you get to choose.

And guess what? It costs a fraction of what you pay in the US. It's taken out of your wages so you don't have to feck around with any taxes or returns. There's no deductables. You can choose what doctor you go to. Waiting times for operations are on paar with US providers if not better. I can see a doctor the same day. I can even have a skype appointment. My local hospital is brand new with 3 helicopter landing pads on the roof, everyone is covered, nobody goes without. When it costs less...honestly it's a no brainer.

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Nobody gives healthcare for free. Most countries have 'free' at the point of use. UK has the NHS, it's free to use but you pay for it in your taxes. You pay for medication, dentists visits etc.
Germany has free education, but look at the workforce. The number of people with degrees is massive. Go down a different path then..a student loan system that actually works.

There are some things that a lot of the world has now grown to consider an effective human right. Healthcare and education are two of those things. Because both benefit the individual and the nation as a whole. A fit workforce, costs less, is more productive. A well educated country / workforce earns more money, contributes more, raises living standards, pays more tax = more money for shi*

AirWorthy99 wrote:
You might disagree and say we should fix it, but why people for those nations with awesome healthcare systems such as in Europe still come to America?

I can guarantee you nobody moves to the US from Europe for it's healthcare. Healthcare and gun ownership is something that the majority of EU citizens roll their eyes on when ever it's mentioned.
There are plenty of American's living in Europe by the way. Some of my closest friends here in Germany are Americans. None of them miss US healthcare.

I have been following American politics since at least 1986 and I would say the average Republican voter has little interest beyond his/her family or community. Go back in history, even just a few years, it is typically Republicans who hate federal laws and federal government interference or anything much to do with federal government. Democrats, on the other hand, understand that the federal government, while not perfect, can do much more for a majority of Americans than us as individuals.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

ltbewr

Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Let me say up front that I am a Democrat party voter and supporter since 1972, always for Democrats in Federal office and State Governor, and exclusively for Democrats in all posts including local ones since 1992. I have never disliked a US President as much as Donald Trump, even Nixon.

I don't like almost anything about his substance and style. About the only thing I in very limited part support Trump on is with the issue of illegal immigration and residency that for decades both parties ignored dealing with.

As to the economy, he has pretty much let the corporations take over from the government. As to the low 'unemployment' rate, sure people may be working, but many are not working at all or at jobs at or below the poverty level, housing and health care costs too much.

I do have issues with all of those running for the Democratic party nomination to run for President, but I would take any of them over Trump and if wins, they will likely have a Republican controlled Senate that will curb some of the most radical ideas.

MSPNWA

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 pm

casinterest wrote:

Chalk another reason into my like column. His policies have benefited the black community unlike the racist democrat polities.

BN747

Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Chalk another reason into my like column. His policies have benefited the black community unlike the racist democrat polities.

As expected from the last person (mindset) that has a clue as to what is happening the in the black community...you are in MSP, contact the fianceé of Philando Castillo and tell her how happy the black people in MSP should be.

I dare you.

That with standing, explain how the 'black community' is doing affects you, have you always been concerned about black communities? We both know the answer to that.

It pisses me the f**k off when conservatives 'act' like they care about others...esp minorities.

BN747

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:19 am

BN747 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
casinterest wrote:

As expected from the last person (mindset) that has a clue as to what is happening the in the black community...you are in MSP, contact the fianceé of Philando Castillo and tell her how happy the black people in MSP should be.

I dare you.

That with standing, explain how the 'black community' is doing affects you, have you always been concerned about black communities? We both know the answer to that.

It pisses me the f**k off when conservatives 'act' like they care about others...esp minorities.

BN747

So you think democrats do care? tell me exactly why do Democrats care about minorities?

Aaron747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:32 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
BN747 wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

I dare you.

BN747

So you think democrats do care? tell me exactly why do Democrats care about minorities?

Pretty dense statement - you are limiting your understanding to policy failures. You could begin by comparing the Gates and Koch foundations, or comparing which organizations James Woods and Carlos Santana support in their free time. Have a look at what people actually do when they put money where their mouth is.

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:34 am

Reinhardt wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

AirWorthy99 wrote:

AirWorthy99 wrote:

I agree, however, what ever works for Germany works for Germany, but that doesn't mean it will work in the US, that's why we are different countries.

When I meant Germans coming here was not because they came here for our healthcare, they came here for perhaps better opportunities of which they did not have back home.

I really hope America stays the way it is, I don't need to look across the pond to see how some country is doing something better than ours, sure we can improve many things, and they should be improved, but we don't want America to be like Europe or any other part of the world. This is what makes this country unique.

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:36 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

I dare you.

BN747

Pretty dense statement - you are limiting your understanding to policy failures. You could begin by comparing the Gates and Koch foundations, or comparing which organizations James Woods and Carlos Santana support in their free time. Have a look at what people actually do when they put money where their mouth is.

Why don't you answer the question Aaron? tell me what exactly they do?

I am a minority and I can attest that I haven't seen the first thing they have done for me.

Are you a minority, and if so, what have they done for you?

Aaron747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:38 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Reinhardt wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

AirWorthy99 wrote:

AirWorthy99 wrote:

I agree, however, what ever works for Germany works for Germany, but that doesn't mean it will work in the US, that's why we are different countries.

When I meant Germans coming here was not because they came here for our healthcare, they came here for perhaps better opportunities of which they did not have back home.

I really hope America stays the way it is, I don't need to look across the pond to see how some country is doing something better than ours, sure we can improve many things, and they should be improved, but we don't want America to be like Europe or any other part of the world. This is what makes this country unique.

So you didn’t even bother with the CNBC features on healthcare systems I linked?

Aaron747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:39 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I am a minority and I can attest that I haven't seen the first thing they have done for me.

I answered. Looktothestars.org and google are your friends - not going to do every last bit of homework for you.

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

I answered. Looktothestars.org and google are your friends - not going to do every last bit of homework for you.

I meant Democrat politicians. Not celebrities.

Aaron747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:46 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Wow, you might start here:

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=97

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:51 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Wow, you might start here:

https://www.ourdocuments.gov/doc.php?flash=false&doc=97

Well you got me there, I meant in contemporary times. Certainly that was a huge accomplishment.

But if we are going to use history as a way to say how good is X party, we can begin with the Republican party and how it abolished slavery with Abraham Lincoln.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
I really hope America stays the way it is

Well at least half the country disagrees with you. Hope you're preparing yourself.

BN747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:07 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Oh are you now? Knowing minorities (as am I) as I do...there is an unbreakable history for the cowardly minority came to be.
Bravery to such individual means maximum suckage to your former oppressor, examples - LBTQ Gay Republicans, Black Republicans (formerly known as Uncle Toms), (now) Latino Republicans,..

..those of those groups go out of their way to support/advocate those forces that vote/act against their own well being and their minority demo as well.
What led to this was an early age rejection of his group/minority by way of social/peer pressure. absorption of false stereotypes of said minority and by rejection within said minority will also drive them away. Such as Phyliss Schafy (woman Anti-woman) Ben Carson/Clarence Thomas (a Black anti-black) and Milo Yiannopoulous (a gay Anti-gay) and the wishing like hell they were white like Michael Jacksom, Erik Estrada, Dinesh D'Souza, Bobby Jindal and on and on....
..so yeah, share your minority experience after all these years and how it made you such admirer of this president...

BN747

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:

I'm sorry, Air, but the way interpret the above is that you can't fathom the possibility that other people have different life experiences than you. That may be why it seems you think everyone just has to agree with you. Again, this is just my interpretation of your posts . . . I could be wrong . . .

On issues like these, I rely on the Bible. The Bible teaches us to be humble and to truly appreciate the experience of others.

I, for one, always appreciate learning about the experiences of others. You've said in another post you are Latino and live in Florida. Perhaps your family is like many who fit the similar description and fled Cuba. That would make a lot of sense about your strong beliefs. (Although I would say the voting patterns of that bloc are kind of reliably identity-politics-y.)

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:14 am

BN747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Oh are you now? Knowing minorities (as am I) as I do...there is an unbreakable history for the cowardly minority came to be.
Bravery to such individual means maximum suckage to your former oppressor, examples - LBTQ Gay Republicans, Black Republicans (formerly known as Uncle Toms), (now) Latino Republicans,..

..those of those groups go out of their way to support/advocate those forces that vote/act against their own well being and their minority demo as well.
What led to this was an early age rejection of his group/minority by way of social/peer pressure. absorption of false stereotypes of said minority and by rejection within said minority will also drive them away. Such as Phyliss Schafy (woman Anti-woman) Ben Carson/Clarence Thomas (a Black anti-black) and Milo Yiannopoulous (a gay Anti-gay) and the wishing like hell they were white like Michael Jacksom, Erik Estrada, Dinesh D'Souza, Bobby Jindal and on and on....
..so yeah, share your minority experience after all these years and how it made you such admirer of this president...

BN747

Not an admirer of this president so don't put words on my mouth.
And to have a mind and freedom to chose based on what I believe is the best is not cowardly, that's reaching to my own conclusions based on my own life experiences and my own decisions (not what others tell me to think). I don't think I owe anything to no one in order to defend anyone. Nor I think I should vote for anyone just because they seem friendly to my ethnic group. So if a Latino is a republican is an Anti-Latino, that's so much BS. Heard this before so many times...

And BTW, you haven't said what have Democrats done for you. (not what what LBJ did)

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:16 am

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I'm sorry, Air, but the way interpret the above is that you can't fathom the possibility that other people have different life experiences than you. That may be why it seems you think everyone just has to agree with you. Again, this is just my interpretation of your posts . . . I could be wrong . . .

On issues like these, I rely on the Bible. The Bible teaches us to be humble and to truly appreciate the experience of others.

I, for one, always appreciate learning about the experiences of others. You've said in another post you are Latino and live in Florida. Perhaps your family is like many who fit the similar description and fled Cuba. That would make a lot of sense about your strong beliefs. (Although I would say the voting patterns of that bloc are kind of reliably identity-politics-y.)

Of course I don't think people should agree with me. That's impossible.

I am sure others have had different situations than me, but why is the Democrat party the party of the minorities? what exactly have they done for their constituents in recent times?

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:22 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Of course I don't think people should agree with me. That's impossible.

I am sure others have had different situations than me, but why is the Democrat party the party of the minorities? what exactly have they done for their constituents in recent times?

Well I guess I’ll agree on the impossibility of it all! Glad you have a sense of humor. I read you wrong!

Remember, Air, you said you trust the voters. I know you’re angry based on your personal experience that minorities overwhelmingly support the Democratic Party. But they do. So you’ve got to trust them.

Additionally I shouldn’t have to advise you how paternalistic it might seem to try to argue that they’re stupid for making the choices they have.

windy95

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:26 am

jetero wrote:
ParkFSI wrote:

Yes, please check that paycheck. Start with your first paycheck after the tax cut. It sounds to me as if it must not’ve registered if you can’t remember. And I’m not surprised, because that’s how it was for the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Made approximately $20K more in 2018 than 2017 and paid about $1400 less in taxes. So a nice cut felt by many like me in the middle class area.

Pi7472000

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:26 am

I do not like how awful the economy is under Trump. Many Americans work 3 jobs with horrible to no benefits and zero opportunity to ever retire.

The economy has only benefited the wealthy under Trump or retired boomers. Millennials and the igen will have to support pensions that these generations will never see. Boomers have benefited from pensions, stability, and environmental destruction.

Millennials and the igen did not have college paid for or subsidized like boomers or even generation x did. Life was much cheaper even adjusted for inflation. Trump will leave a legacy of economic destruction for millennials and the igen. You would have thought baby boomers would have learned from being hurt under the Bush years that conservative economic policy is not beneficial to the middle or lower classes.

LMP737

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:35 am

The one thing I like is that it has exposed evangelical Christians as the sanctimonious frauds that they are.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.