ArchGuy1
Topic Author

Gun Rights Rally in Richmond, Virginia

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:24 am

It has been estimated that 6,000 people filtered inside Capitol Square in Richmond, Virginia, with another 16,000 rallying outside the square. Those inside the square had to go through metal detectors and bag searches in compliance with Governor Northam's gun ban. A state of emergency was declared and weapons were banned inside the Capitol after threats of a militia storming the Capitol were received by police. There members of a white supremacist group, who had planned to attend were arrested by the FBI. Protesters were not discouraged by below freezing temperatures by not only protesting Governor Northam's right proposed gun control measures, but also to protect the Second Amendment. A counter protest by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence was cancelled due to fears of political violence. The protest at the Capitol went smoothly amid heavy police presence with only one woman being arrested and that was for wearing a mask in public. Even after the peaceful protest, the weapons ban will remain in place until Tuesday evening. It was a great thing that the protest went without violence, but gun control measures are necessary to keep mentally ill people for example from having guns.
https://www.nbc12.com/2020/01/20/thousa ... y-capitol/

Aaron747

Re: Gun Rights Rally in Richmond, Virginia

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:38 am

ArchGuy1 wrote:
It has been estimated that 6,000 people filtered inside Capitol Square in Richmond, Virginia, with another 16,000 rallying outside the square. Those inside the square had to go through metal detectors and bag searches in compliance with Governor Northam's gun ban. A state of emergency was declared and weapons were banned inside the Capitol after threats of a militia storming the Capitol were received by police. There members of a white supremacist group, who had planned to attend were arrested by the FBI. Protesters were not discouraged by below freezing temperatures by not only protesting Governor Northam's right proposed gun control measures, but also to protect the Second Amendment. A counter protest by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence was cancelled due to fears of political violence. The protest at the Capitol went smoothly amid heavy police presence with only one woman being arrested and that was for wearing a mask in public. Even after the peaceful protest, the weapons ban will remain in place until Tuesday evening. It was a great thing that the protest went without violence, but gun control measures are necessary to keep mentally ill people for example from having guns.

The freezing temps made the incels feel even more self-conscious than usual.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Jouhou

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:44 am

On no, not more gun debates please...

Btw what kind of idiot thinks dressing in camo and carrying guns in the open is a good way to make people "support" their "rights"? That's the shit that makes people hate, fear, and resent the pro-2A crowd. They're intentionally trying to get guns banned. I think this is their real goal. To prove to people why they shouldn't be allowed to have guns because they're too irresponsible to be trusted with them.
情報

NIKV69

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:56 am

From what I saw the rally was peaceful and in no way an irresponsible way of carrying guns. It's ok from what I have seen with the laws that idiot Northam so far is pushing isn't that bad but rest assured the Dems will never try a real gun grab.
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

Jouhou

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 am

NIKV69 wrote:
From what I saw the rally was peaceful and in no way an irresponsible way of carrying guns. It's ok from what I have seen with the laws that idiot Northam so far is pushing isn't that bad but rest assured the Dems will never try a real gun grab.

If someone shows up with a gun in public, I'm fucking running and/or hiding. It's a threat. A visual and symbolic one. It's irresponsible to do at all and of course no one is going to endear their selves to the public by doing this.

It's hard mediating this recurring argument when one side goes off and does "protests" this idiotic. How am I supposed to defend that idiocy? I'm about ready to say fuck it, I don't care about the second amendment these guys obviously want it repealed. Because that's what this signals to me. They are not doing intelligent and thoughtful demonstrations that make a point. They're showing up like a bunch of jihadists trying to form a caliphate.
情報

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:59 am

NIKV69 wrote:
From what I saw the rally was peaceful and in no way an irresponsible way of carrying guns.

Saying this unironically needs to show up as a Hit/Red Flag on a CRHC.

Jouhou wrote:

It's hard mediating this recurring argument when one side goes off and does "protests" this idiotic. How am I supposed to defend that idiocy? I'm about ready to say fuck it, I don't care about the second amendment these guys obviously want it repealed. Because that's what this signals to me. They are not doing intelligent and thoughtful demonstrations that make a point. They're showing up like a bunch of jihadists trying to form a caliphate.

I will not pretend to know what those individuals want as I am unsure of the specific species of Moron they belong to. But abusing an open carry privilege is an obvious and childish attempt to bully people that do not agree with them. And since the only reason people do not agree with them is related to people not wanting to get massacred, it is clear that these protesters are Bad Actors and of ill intent, whatever that specifically is.

Aaron747 wrote:

I earnestly wonder if those people are capable of feeling self-conscious about anything. . .

I actually know a lot of gun people in real life that are fairly decent. But we (they) really need to get to a point where they decide they are done letting those racist whack jobs speak for them.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

extender

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:59 am

And nobody got hurt, and they picked up after themselves. The guns didn't go off by themselves, no stampedes. Nothing happened, no media coverage, and a handful of posts in this thread.

Those idiots someone referred to above, are exercising their rights, yet you call them idiots. Doing the same for free speech or any of our other rights makes us idiots as well?

dmg626

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:01 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
ArchGuy1 wrote:

Wearing vagina hats would have kept them warm

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:30 pm

This drives me crazy. I don't get why Masked men in camouflage carrying loaded assault weapons came to protest on MLK day. I don't know about you, but I find this disturbing. This is not the society I want to live in. I do not believe, in allowing guns that are meant solely for killing a large number of people. I want them outlawed. I want common-sense gun laws.

extender

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:44 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
This drives me crazy. I don't get why Masked men in camouflage carrying loaded assault weapons came to protest on MLK day. I don't know about you, but I find this disturbing. This is not the society I want to live in. I do not believe, in allowing guns that are meant solely for killing a large number of people. I want them outlawed. I want common-sense gun laws.

In Virginia, it is also Lobby Day, and they are lobbying their legislators, as have other organizations.

The right to assemble. The right to keep and bear arms, those rights should not bother anyone.

Your feelings don't trump rights. There are enough common sense gun laws on the books, enforce them.

Aaron747

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:51 pm

extender wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

In Virginia, it is also Lobby Day, and they are lobbying their legislators, as have other organizations.

The right to assemble. The right to keep and bear arms, those rights should not bother anyone.

Your feelings don't trump rights. There are enough common sense gun laws on the books, enforce them.

Fair enough - just like your feelings don't trump facts and data from the observable world. But carry on.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:01 pm

The media crashed and burned yesterday expecting chaos and killings.. exactly why people don't trust the MSM.

Yes it was MLK day yesterday, I am sure MLK would have been happy to see people of all colors, genders and sexual preferences gathered on that day to protest in favor of their constitutional rights:

African Americans:
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/statu ... 68/video/1

Women:

https://twitter.com/gmoomaw/status/1219 ... 33/photo/1

LGBT

https://twitter.com/BCinQC/status/12192 ... 92/photo/1

I guess since they are pro gun they don't get 'celebrated'.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

alfa164

Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

extender wrote:
Those idiots someone referred to above, are exercising their rights, yet you call them idiots. Doing the same for free speech or any of our other rights makes us idiots as well?

Then I am sure you support "that idiot Northam" (who, at least, was smart enough to beat his well-funded Republican opponent) who is exercising his rights by proposing legislation aimed at protecting the people of Virginia.

Right?
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

wingman

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
The media crashed and burned yesterday expecting chaos and killings.. exactly why people don't trust the MSM.

I guess you could turn that around and say the NRA and its extreme fringe gun nuts have been screaming about the gummint coming to take their guns since 1970 except no one has in 240 years. It's nothing but a money-making machine hell bent on power that survives on brainwashing made way too simple by very simple-minded folk in order to "protect" a right that has never once come under attack since our nation's founding. Increased regulation doesn't interfere with the right to bear arms, it simply increases the burden on the practitioner to earn it. I dislike the DMV and State Farm immensely, but truth be told they've never forcibly come to my home to take away my freedom of movement.

I mean really, people are gaga excited by the fact that they were able to congregate for a day and NOT kill anyone? That's a sad ass example of a bar set so low only the truly dim-witted would celebrate its achievement. But hey, congratulations AW. Show us your trophy.

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:21 pm

wingman wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I guess you could turn that around and say the NRA and its extreme fringe gun nuts have been screaming about the gummint coming to take their guns since 1970 except no one has in 240 years. It's nothing but a money-making machine hell bent on power that survives on brainwashing made way too simple by very simple-minded folk in order to "protect" a right that has never once come under attack since our nation's founding. Increased regulation doesn't interfere with the right to bear arms, it simply increases the burden on the practitioner to earn it. I dislike the DMV and State Farm immensely, but truth be told they've never forcibly come to my home to take away my freedom of movement.

I mean really, people are gaga excited by the fact that they were able to congregate for a day and NOT kill anyone? That's a sad ass example of a bar set so low only the truly dim-witted would celebrate its achievement. But hey, congratulations AW. Show us your trophy.

If we were to start saying that 'certain organizations' make money off from scaring people and telling them how bad things will be if they don't exist, you might as well just wipe out hundreds or even thousands of 'leftists' 'progressive' organizations that are there to 'protect' the 'rights' of millions of people. And even the arguments certain political elements use every election cycle to get elected.

Again, this is the same situation just because the group you don't like you find arguments against it. Lets leave the double standards, all people thrive using the same methods, what really pisses people in the middle is the hypocrisy and the 'shoe in the other foot' mantra.

I personally don't own a gun, and don't plan to, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't also stand for a right that's given in our constitution.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm

extender wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

The FAA banned planes and drones from the airspace above the CIty because of these protestors.
POTUS, SCOTUS, The White House, Congress, and the Senate all support the 2nd amendment but still ban guns on their premises
so obviously, common-sense gun laws are not in the books.

casinterest

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:38 pm

For those lost as to what is going on .

Three bills passed the state Senate on Thursday: A limit to one handgun purchase per month, a requirement for universal background checks on gun sales and a rule allowing localities to ban guns in some public areas.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 498339002/

"While the laws could be challenged in Virginia's courts, similar proposals in other states have not been struck down as violating the Second Amendment, says Ernest McGowen, a political science professor at the University of Richmond.

He said what Northam and Democrats have proposed is a shift left in Virginia but not radically."

So nothing big to get worried about for law abiding gun owners.
Where ever you go, there you are.

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:51 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

LOL why would anyone get the idea that the number #1 terrorist threat in the US, your white supremacist identity politics buddies, would act out at a rally replete with white nationalist militias and neo nazis? :rotfl:

I mean, really, what would ever give them the impression that Trump's "very fine people" were attending? I'm sure 'Al Qaeda in English' is totally fine:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 499733002/
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:47 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

If we were to start saying that 'certain organizations' make money off from scaring people and telling them how bad things will be if they don't exist, you might as well just wipe out hundreds or even thousands of 'leftists' 'progressive' organizations that are there to 'protect' the 'rights' of millions of people. And even the arguments certain political elements use every election cycle to get elected.

Again, this is the same situation just because the group you don't like you find arguments against it. Lets leave the double standards, all people thrive using the same methods, what really pisses people in the middle is the hypocrisy and the 'shoe in the other foot' mantra.

I personally don't own a gun, and don't plan to, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't also stand for a right that's given in our constitution.

Not every person wants or needs to stockpile weapons. Not every American is part of a well regulated militia. The number of gun owners is very low, compared to the overall population. How is that even possible to compare that to the rights of every American over 18 can vote or the rights of ever American over 18 can marry who they love or the rights of female Americans to do with their bodies what they choose?

In simplistic terms: you are saying the rights of 1000 over one issue is the same as the rights of 10 over a completely different and unrelated issue.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

wingman

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:52 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

I'm no fan of every progressive or let-wing organization either..but the really important ones like those that brought voting rights to blacks and women, or fought for equal pay, or worked to protect the environment or food chain from unhinged corporations that didn't give a shit about anything but their own profits..I'd say those are organizations that made a difference in protecting people and their inherent rights under the constitution where they'd been infringed for a hundred years or more. NOT ONCE, in our country's history, have THE PEOPLE EVER been denied the right to purchase a weapon for the defense of their own home. The NRA serves no other purpose except to take money from the stupid and use it to wield power in Congress to "protect" a right that's never been under threat. Threats to the 2nd exist only in the feeble, brainwashed minds of the militia that assembled yesterday in Richmond. Marching to protect a right while you exercise it flagrantly is very different from the march on Selma, or enacting the Clean Water Act, or establishing a woman's right to vote, or granting gay couples the same rights as heterosexual couples. Can you appreciate difference?

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:57 pm

wingman wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

I'm no fan of every progressive or let-wing organization either..but the really important ones like those that brought voting rights to blacks and women, or fought for equal pay, or worked to protect the environment or food chain from unhinged corporations that didn't give a shit about anything but their own profits..I'd say those are organizations that made a difference in protecting people and their inherent rights under the constitution where they'd been infringed for a hundred years or more. NOT ONCE, in our country's history, have THE PEOPLE EVER been denied the right to purchase a weapon for the defense of their own home. The NRA serves no other purpose except to take money from the stupid and use it to wield power in Congress to "protect" a right that's never been under threat. Threats to the 2nd exist only in the feeble, brainwashed minds of the militia that assembled yesterday in Richmond. Marching to protect a right while you exercise it flagrantly is very different from the march on Selma, or enacting the Clean Water Act, or establishing a woman's right to vote, or granting gay couples the same rights as heterosexual couples. Can you appreciate difference?

No difference, since I very rarely see any politicians saying they will take those rights away, the same way we see Democrat politicians they will take them away.

Have any Republican politician say they wan to take woman's right to vote? or against what those who marched in Selma marched for?

Whereas on 'town halls' or debates democrat politicians say they will go out there and take your guns away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXcL_I3uTGI

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:02 pm

extender wrote:
The right to keep and bear arms, those rights should not bother anyone.

Yes, I agree, you're definitely a pinko if you get a tad bit scared seeing thousands marching on the state capitol with a bunch of guns. Nothing to see here.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:05 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Now, now, AirWorthy99, in the interest of fairness, you should say "why some people don't trust the MSM." Or how about what I think you really mean? "why people like me don't trust the MSM"?

I'm not going to go around saying "this is exactly why people don't believe in carrying guns." Why? Well, because that's just not true and would be silly. Plenty of people do!

Let's keep the discussion intellectually honest by never forgetting to apply that dose of rational perspective.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Whereas on 'town halls' or debates democrat politicians say they will go out there and take your guns away:

Well we all know how that ended up, AirWorthy99. Remember, perspective is important!

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:08 pm

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Now, now, AirWorthy99, in the interest of fairness, you should say "why some people don't trust the MSM." Or how about what I think you really mean? "why people like me don't trust the MSM"?

I'm not going to go around saying "this is exactly why people don't believe in carrying guns." Why? Well, because that's just not true and would be silly. Plenty of people do!

Let's keep the discussion intellectually honest by never forgetting to apply that dose of rational perspective.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/267047/ame ... -down.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans remain largely mistrustful of the mass media as 41% currently have "a great deal" or "fair amount" of trust in newspapers, television and radio to report the news "fully, accurately and fairly." This latest reading represents a four-percentage-point dip since last year and marks the end of improvements in back-to-back years after hitting an all-time low.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:09 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans remain largely mistrustful of the mass media as 41% currently have "a great deal" or "fair amount" of trust in newspapers, television and radio to report the news "fully, accurately and fairly." This latest reading represents a four-percentage-point dip since last year and marks the end of improvements in back-to-back years after hitting an all-time low.

OK, AirWorthy99, thanks for backing me up. "Some" it is!

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:11 pm

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:

To me that seems like a majority no? 59%?

N583JB

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:14 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
extender wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:

The FAA banned planes and drones from the airspace above the CIty because of these protestors.
POTUS, SCOTUS, The White House, Congress, and the Senate all support the 2nd amendment but still ban guns on their premises

POTUS, SCOTUS, the White House, Congress, and the Senate all have heavily armed security at all times. I'd be willing to consider giving up my guns if the government provided me with my own personal, well-trained and heavily armed security detail.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:18 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

To me that seems like a majority no? 59%?

I've recently learned you have a sense of humor so I see what you're doing there! Yes, 59% of a total still constitutes "some."

And I'm sure you read in that article how divergent the numbers are among partisan identities (a favorite word of yours, I know). I personally believe the whole Republican-media relationship is pretty damned wacky, to say the least, so I'm not surprised.

In any case, I believe you asserted that this particular episode is why "people don't trust the media." Can you refer to a survey that links gun rights protests and trust in media?

N583JB

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:19 pm

Virginia became a flashpoint not because of the laws that were discussed yesterday but because of some of the laws that were "proposed" and some of the comments that elected officials made afterwards. Yes, a one handgun a month limit seems mundane, but the Democrats in Virginia also proposed an assault weapons ban that would have immediately turned many law-abiding Virginians into felons, and then one Democratic legislator stated that he would be fine with sending the National Guard door-to-door to round up anyone who owned an AR-15. THAT is what triggered the outrage, and justifiably so.

With regard to yesterday's protests, people have the right to protest just like they have the right to own firearms. If you don't want to participate in the protest, don't. If you don't want to own a gun, don't. Pretty simple.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:26 pm

N583JB wrote:
With regard to yesterday's protests, people have the right to protest just like they have the right to own firearms. If you don't want to participate in the protest, don't. If you don't want to own a gun, don't. Pretty simple.

A defensible maxim that I have also heard applied to the question of abortion and gay marriage.

bhill

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:12 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

No difference, since I very rarely see any politicians saying they will take those rights away, the same way we see Democrat politicians they will take them away.

Have any Republican politician say they wan to take woman's right to vote? or against what those who marched in Selma marched for?

Does legislating how a Woman can procreate count?
Carpe Pices

AirWorthy99

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 pm

bhill wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
wingman wrote:

'legislate' since when can the NRA or any other organization legislate? I thought only the house or the senate can do that.

And BTW, I am not against these organizations, I am just against saying that some should exist and others shouldn't just because you don't like some and like others.

bennett123

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Thousands of people walking round the town armed to the teeth.

What could go wrong?.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm

N583JB wrote:
DLFREEBIRD wrote:
extender wrote:

POTUS, SCOTUS, the White House, Congress, and the Senate all have heavily armed security at all times. I'd be willing to consider giving up my guns if the government provided me with my own personal, well-trained and heavily armed security detail.

Why, what are you afraid of? and nobody is asking you to give up your guns, what a drama queen. THIS IS TYPICAL.

you cannot reason with anybody when they jump to conclusions so fast. hitting the back button.

N583JB

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:48 pm

bennett123 wrote:

What could go wrong?.

Nothing went wrong. I guess those "scary" constitutionalists aren't so bad after all.

jetero

Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:09 pm

N583JB wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

What could go wrong?.

Nothing went wrong. I guess those "scary" constitutionalists aren't so bad after all.

"Single Issue Constitutionalists"?

seb146

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:19 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

'legislate' since when can the NRA or any other organization legislate? I thought only the house or the senate can do that.

And BTW, I am not against these organizations, I am just against saying that some should exist and others shouldn't just because you don't like some and like others.

NRA gives money to (mostly) Republican legislators to loosen gun laws. Like "religious" organizations give money to (mostly) Republican legislators to tighten restrictions on things like LGBTQ equality and women's health rights.

This is why money needs to be taken out of politics.

LabQuest

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:29 pm

bennett123 wrote:

What could go wrong?.

Nothing, mostly.

There are thousands of people walking around every city in the United States who are legally armed. Some are doctors, some are your gay friends, and others are teachers and normal people going about their day. Nothing to it.

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:41 pm

seb146 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:

NRA gives money to (mostly) Republican legislators to loosen gun laws. Like "religious" organizations give money to (mostly) Republican legislators to tighten restrictions on things like LGBTQ equality and women's health rights.

Hilary outspent Trump 2 to 1; it’s not about the money, it’s about the message and the messenger.

Law abiding citizens abiding the law, nothing to see.

GF

greasespot

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:31 pm

cosplay for Incels...Look at what they are wearing.. Spec op helmets, molle vests radios with long whip antennas. All tacticool get ups very few earned.

Lets see them sign up for the military. I am a cop and they are more tacticool than out swat guys

gs
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

bennett123

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 pm

Lab quest

My Gay friends?.

I wonder if this concentration of people with guns is the norm?.

seb146

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:59 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Hilary outspent Trump 2 to 1; it’s not about the money, it’s about the message and the messenger.

GF

Remind us what "Well regulated militia" they belong to?

I also forgot to mention that NRA is also good for laundering money for the Republican administration

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/76487924 ... rt-reveals

MSPNWA

Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:42 am

seb146 wrote:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms" militia. Roughly a hundred million member strong group. It's a good one.

Aesma

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:07 am

I wonder what will happen in a few decades were cops are robots. Real, metal/polymer robots. They will probably kill less people, since they won't "feel threatened", but they should also be very effective at grabbing all those guns.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

N583JB

Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:16 am

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
seb146 wrote:

GF

I also forgot to mention that NRA is also good for laundering money for the Republican administration

You keep saying this and keep ignoring the fact that the SCOTUS has repeatedly upheld the fact that the right to gun ownership is not tied to membership in a militia. You probably think a lot of yourself, seb, but your opinion does not trump established constitutional law.

seb146

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 am

N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

You keep saying this and keep ignoring the fact that the SCOTUS has repeatedly upheld the fact that the right to gun ownership is not tied to membership in a militia. You probably think a lot of yourself, seb, but your opinion does not trump established constitutional law.

By right wing activist judges legislating from the bench. You all keep forgetting that part. Also, Republicans love to point to Federalist Papers to pick and choose their way through their hate but refuse to accept Federalist Papers to limit weapons of mass destruction and conveniently ignore the first four words of the Second Amendment.

N583JB

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:24 am

seb146 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
seb146 wrote:

By right wing activist judges legislating from the bench. You all keep forgetting that part. Also, Republicans love to point to Federalist Papers to pick and choose their way through their hate but refuse to accept Federalist Papers to limit weapons of mass destruction and conveniently ignore the first four words of the Second Amendment.

Sorry, seb, but the SCOTUS says you are wrong. I dare say the words of the SCOTUS outweigh your own opinions on the matter. You can complain all you want but nothing is going to change. You don't need to be in a militia to own a gun. That has already been decided. Nothing you say will ever change that. Deal with it.

SanDiegoLover

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:47 am

N583JB wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

What could go wrong?.

Thankfully Govenor Northam was correct! His actions to keep the demonstrations peaceful worked! No one got harmed this time given the government took an active roll in protecting everyone. Good job Govenor Northam!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:14 am

Maybe nothing was gonna happen because they came as law abiding citizens.