Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Jetsgo
Topic Author

So why is Microsoft a cool company? And why will you never buy a Nissan?

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:14 am

Nonav isn’t what it used to be. Understatement of the century, I get it. Too much politics and too few posters has me reminiscing for the carefree days of KROC, LHMark, Matt D, and Superfly of course. Anyone remember rating the posts with stars?

And after a few scotch and sodas on this cold, cold evening, I’m left wondering why Johan thought Microsoft was a cool company and why he wouldn’t he buy a Nissan? Windows Longhorn / XP was fun to look forward to, but what exactly was Nissan selling in Sweden?
Marine Corps Aviation, The Last To Let You Down!

TWA772LR

Re: So why is Microsoft a cool company? And why will you never buy a Nissan?

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:20 am

Nissan is Japanese for Ford ;)

My parents had a 2003 Altima they bought when it was a year or 2 old. It was a good car until it hit 100k miles and we found out Nissan cars (not trucks, my dad loves his 2016 Frontier today) were only designed to 100k miles before the components started failing.
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Airstud

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:09 am

Microsoft actually isn't a cool company. That's that

And I don't know that I will never buy a Nissan, but probably because its just so vanilla. I'm likelier to buy a Mazda: even their name is cooler.
Pancakes are delicious.

SanDiegoLover

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:20 am

Jetsgo wrote:
Nonav isn’t what it used to be. Understatement of the century, I get it. Too much politics and too few posters has me reminiscing for the carefree days of KROC, LHMark, Matt D, and Superfly of course. Anyone remember rating the posts with stars?

And after a few scotch and sodas on this cold, cold evening, I’m left wondering why Johan thought Microsoft was a cool company and why he wouldn’t he buy a Nissan? Windows Longhorn / XP was fun to look forward to, but what exactly was Nissan selling in Sweden?

Superfly’s god awful taste in 70s Detroit vehicles and Thai whorehouses was always a bit disturbing.

seb146

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:21 am

TWA772LR wrote:

My parents had a 2003 Altima they bought when it was a year or 2 old. It was a good car until it hit 100k miles and we found out Nissan cars (not trucks, my dad loves his 2016 Frontier today) were only designed to 100k miles before the components started failing.

The brosband always says that Mazda is Japanese for Ford. I always thought Nissan was just kinda meh My first car was a 1981 Datsun 310. It was okay. Tried to look sporty. My next car was a Dastun 210. It, too was meh. Got me from A to B and back. It even survived being flipped on the freeway. I drove it a few thousand more miles. I also had a 1984 Maxima diesel with nearly every option. I never really had any strong feelings about Nissan until the Juke. People make fun of the Aztek but the Juke? What a mess!

I am pretty sure I know, but what ever happened to IHadAPheo? I think that was his name. IIRC, he worked in a hospital and had been very sick at one point.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

TSS

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:26 am

TWA772LR wrote:

Mazda is Japanese for Ford. Nissan is Japanese for Renault.

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

Superfly’s god awful taste in 70s Detroit vehicles and Thai whorehouses was always a bit disturbing.

Where would you prefer to get your 70s vehicles from? France? England? Italy? Or for those under 5'8", perhaps Japan? :sly:
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

casinterest

Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:31 am

Nissan has always stood for Gimmicky car sales.. They find something gimicky and try to sell it. However, I for one think Johan would find the new cars actually tempting.
Where ever you go, there you are.

WIederling

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:36 am

TSS wrote:
Where would you prefer to get your 70s vehicles from? France? England? Italy? Or for those under 5'8", perhaps Japan? :sly:

Me and the wife are short. I am overweight but not lardy ( i.e. I don't float in water :-)
thus we are rather comfy with Kei dimension cars. ( Subaru Libero, ...
great, you could place the kids far enough apart to be out of hitting range
significantly reducing the squall factor :-)

good choice:
FR: R4, R5, R16 ; 2CV, DS, ID range
GB: Mini ( the original, still got a Clubman Estate in the garage)

I: Fiat 128, Alpha Romeo Guilia, Innocenti Mini :-)
Murphy is an optimist

WIederling

Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:48 am

casinterest wrote:
Nissan has always stood for Gimmicky car sales.. They find something gimicky and try to sell it. However, I for one think Johan would find the new cars actually tempting.

Nissan is without taste. Just like VW ( intentionally designed unexceptional to find the widest public .:-)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon: open the doors and have a pack of foxhounds "pass through"
IMU one of the earliest MPV style cars.
Murphy is an optimist

anshabhi

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:19 pm

Tesla, at the perfect intersection of microsoft and Nissan pretty much explains what people want

casinterest

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 pm

WIederling wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Nissan is without taste. Just like VW ( intentionally designed unexceptional to find the widest public .:-)

Mitsubishi Space Wagon: open the doors and have a pack of foxhounds "pass through"
IMU one of the earliest MPV style cars.

Nissan has some cars with taste, but most cars are just depreciating tools that get people from point A to B. Extravagance isn't really a blessing. People don't want cars to stand out when they park them at the store, airport or other places for long times. Car's that stand out get robbed :).

However I have never bought a Nissan.

Now onto Microsoft. Microsoft is not a cool company. It is a machine that is really not much different from IBM these days. Their products lack ingenuity and take years to make it our of Beta.
Where ever you go, there you are.

zkojq

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:49 pm

My dislike of Nissan is exemplified perfectly by the Nissan Tiida. Imagine still building cars with drum brakes in 2016....
First to fly the 787-9

SanDiegoLover

Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:50 pm

My brother has owned, 14 Nissans. Still has two. He’s an in the road sales guy so the company pays for him to lease a new car every two years. He loves Maxima. I think this is his 5th one? Maybe 6th.

I’m a WRX kinda guy for my everyday driver. Rotate out my toy driver every few years. Hubby only lets me have one toy / project at a time.

As far as a 70s car, I’m still kicking myself I sold my 1976 Aston Martin Vantage right before the 2008 crash.

WIederling

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:03 pm

zkojq wrote:
My dislike of Nissan is exemplified perfectly by the Nissan Tiida. Imagine still building cars with drum brakes in 2016....

What is your beef?

drum brakes on the rear wheels are a functional design solution.
Especially for a "light rear" car. dynamic load distribution
task the front wheels.
Disk brake on the rear and you need complex actuation
for the handbrake function or an additional drum brake on the same hub.
Murphy is an optimist

Airstud

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:55 am

WIederling wrote:
zkojq wrote:

What is your beef?

task the front wheels.

Which, is what I said basically.
Pancakes are delicious.

AirPacific747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:28 am

I don’t know much about Nissan but they seem quite boring.

I think M$ is becoming a cool company again after having a bad management previously. Unfortunately it might be too little and too late for them. They don’t have their own mobile OS which is what most people use most of the time these days.

WIederling

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:27 am

Airstud wrote:
WIederling wrote:
zkojq wrote:

What is your beef?

task the front wheels.

Which, is what I said basically.

IMU "zkojq" presented it as a majorly backwards solution not worthy of the 2010s leveraging communist Jugo features
( well I overdid that a bit :-)))
Murphy is an optimist

frmrCapCadet

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:21 pm

Microsoft has had to reinvent itself several times. Companies often fail to do so and disappear. It is to the credit all all of their top leadership that they have managed to do so, and become and remain one of the largest (by valuation) companies in the world.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)

DLFREEBIRD

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Nissan Maxima must be uncool. I bought my son that car two years ago. While free to him, he was upset that I didn't let him pick out his car. There was a reason I didn't let him pick it out. If he gets into a wreck at least he will be safe.
so far they covered all the repairs, which is kind of troubling that he's had to have repairs on a two-year-old car.

sorry I missed that thread.

luckyone

Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:59 pm

I don’t really have an opinion about Microsoft, though I find the Mac GUI more intuitive than Windows.

I won’t buy a Nissan, however. For starters the last two decades starting with the 2004 Maxima their cars have looked like ever angrier robots—a trend adopted by the other Japanese manufacturers, Mazda excluding. If that wasn’t reason enough, then I had a Rogue as a loaner car. It featured an underpowered and wheezy engine combined with a rubber band CVT—my Power Wheels Jeep had more torque—which provided a confidence-sapping driving experience. Then there’s its suspension, which despite being a multi-link bounces over bumps like a torsion beam. Just no, especially compared to far superior products from Mazda and Honda (though the CR-V is equally ugly) or the delightfully polished Tiguan.

WildcatYXU

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:35 pm

I won't buy a Nissan for two reasons.
1. They don't have a car for me
2. Poor reliability of the 2 Nissans we have now.
We have a L32 Altima and a D40 Frontier. The Altima broke down twice in 105k km we have on it. Once it had to be towed to the dealership since the electric steering lock failed.The second time I was able to fix it myself. The car wouldn't start due to defective camshaft position sensor, so I bought one and installed it. Otherwise it would be an OK family car and it will be with us for long time as it is a quite rare M6 version.
The Frontier is killing the front brakes like crazy and I had to have the front springs replaced as one of them broke...
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, C402, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

Pi7472000

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:01 am

What is Microsoft? I have never had to use It. I have used Compuserve and AOL.

andz

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:33 am

My dad was a Ford man most of his life but in one moment of madness he selected a Nissan Skyline 2 litre as a company car. I told him he would regret it immediately and I was right, within a week he hated it but he had to grit his teeth and drive it for 5 years until he could go back to Ford.
After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF...

DarkSnowyNight

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:19 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

Knowing Superfly in person, as I do, I cannot begin to impart how funny that is!
"Nous ne sommes pas infectés. Il n'y a pas d'infection ici..."

Cadet985

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:44 am

Jetsgo wrote:

I truly miss the old days. We used to have fun, lively threads. When I was in HS, I was on a-net multiple times a day, engaging more frequently than I do now...but that’s partly because of politics.

I know we’ve lost some of the old members, but if anyone is in touch with anyone, try to bring them back. Let’s make this forum fun again!

Marc

FatCat

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:33 am

Pi7472000 wrote:

Go do a quick search on Internet's newest Search Engine, Altavista.com
They have a very nice interface. Works perfectly with Netscape.
Plus you can subscribe an e-mail address for only $ 49.99 / month with 5 MB of free storage!
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

Braybuddy

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:05 pm

Jetsgo wrote:
Nonav isn’t what it used to be. Understatement of the century, I get it. Too much politics and too few posters

Indeed. I don't check in as much as I used to. It's the same boring old arguments rehashed and reheated, usually involving Donald Trump, Greta Thornberg and race/identity politics. Hardly any new ideas at all, although I've noticed at least one poster tries to lighten it up by posting about unusual items from aroud the world. This forum was fun and interesting in it's day, but, like everything else, people move on and I have been getting the feeling these last couple of months that the shutters are now closing on this forum, which is sad.

trpmb6

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:30 pm

Braybuddy wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:
Nonav isn’t what it used to be. Understatement of the century, I get it. Too much politics and too few posters

Indeed. I don't check in as much as I used to. It's the same boring old arguments rehashed and reheated, usually involving Donald Trump, Greta Thornberg and race/identity politics. Hardly any new ideas at all, although I've noticed at least one poster tries to lighten it up by posting about unusual items from aroud the world. This forum was fun and interesting in it's day, but, like everything else, people move on and I have been getting the feeling these last couple of months that the shutters are now closing on this forum, which is sad.

Indeed. Same can be said of civ av too though. Just a constant Boeing will do this, Airbus will do that back and forth. I used to lurk the forums all the time. Then finally joined a while back to get involved more - mainly because I didn't like some of the misinformation happening on the technical side of things in the tech forum or in civil av. Non-Av of course sucks you in. But I've been mostly ignoring it these days because it doesn't really matter what I have to say, I'm clearly wrong in the eyes of most of the active posters.

zakuivcustom

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:07 pm

FatCat wrote:
Plus you can subscribe an e-mail address for only $ 49.99 / month with 5 MB of free storage!

$50/month...talk about being ripoff. That's why you use Netzero! :old:

andz wrote:
My dad was a Ford man most of his life but in one moment of madness he selected a Nissan Skyline 2 litre as a company car. I told him he would regret it immediately and I was right, within a week he hated it but he had to grit his teeth and drive it for 5 years until he could go back to Ford.

At least back then Skylines were actually affordable. Even the GT-Rs like R33 and R34 are not THAT expensive compare to a modern Nissan GT-R.

P.S. No, M$ is still not a cool company. Gotta give them credit for still staying relevant even though they've created buggy products since before I was born.

WIederling

Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:16 pm

FatCat wrote:
Pi7472000 wrote:

And all people you communicate with will berate your for screaming :-)
Murphy is an optimist

Redd

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:07 pm

SanDiegoLover wrote:
As far as a 70s car, I’m still kicking myself I sold my 1976 Aston Martin Vantage right before the 2008 crash.

If you need an extra kick, I'm sending one your way. I always thought I'd buy one as they used to be quite cheap, now they've gone up like mad. Almost bought one for around $40K in Toronto back in 2006, I remember thinking that it was too much money for a 70's Aston.... yeah.

EstherLouise

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:46 pm

Microsoft is cool in that I know where to buy authentic software without being ripped off by Nigerian or Chinese sellers peddling goods with fake license numbers. Even buying Microsoft goods from Amazon is a crapshoot.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

Flaps

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:15 am

Politics has been a destroyer of many wonderful things.

I currently own a Nissan Frontier FX4. I am completely happy and satisfied with it. Its rugged, sturdy and simple. I don't drive cars so I can't speak of the Nissan car line. My previous vehicles have been a Jeep, 2 Ford F-150's and 2 Toyota 4-Runners. The Frontier compares favorably to all of them. I ran the jeep 250,000 miles the F-150's 175,000 and 297,000 miles and both of the 4-Runners over 200,000 miles. I see no reason based on my experience that the Frontier will not easily achieve those numbers. It might not be the sexiest thing out there but I do a lot of off roading and it gets the job done with no muss and no fuss. It does exactly what I purchased it to do and does it well.

As for Microsoft....Considering the strength and breadth of its dominance it still turns out pretty decent products. From a consumer standpoint I am satisfied with them as well.

WestWing

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 am

I think a thread with the same two questions was started many many years ago (the Non-Av forum description has been the same for a long time) and it probably was "Birdwatching" who started that thread. Does anybody remember that earlier thread - c.15+ years ago?
The best time to plant a tree is 40 years ago. The second best time is today.

DocLightning

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:49 am

I've rented a Nissan Sentra, Rogue, and Altima. All three had poor handling, poor and counterintuitive design of the interior (I got pulled over in the Rogue because I didn't have my headlights on and the officer let me off when I explained that it was rental and then showed him how little the dash changes from when the lights are off to when they are on), and the Sentra and Altima had the most anemic and erratic acceleration I've ever felt in a modern car.

Hard no.

I have owned/driven multiple cars and oddly, no two in a row by the same manufacturer until this year when we now own a Honda and an Acura. I have had: An Oldsmobile Toronado (GM), a Ford Escort (Ford), a Jeep Cherokee (Chrysler), a Prius (Toyota), a Jetta TDI (VW), and currently my Accord (Honda). The Escort, being my teenage car and my first stickshift, holds a special place in my heart, but I really like my Honda.

Do you know what car we really have enjoyed renting? The Chevy Malibu. I also enjoyed driving a Kia Optima.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan

NIKV69

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:13 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

But Legendary and Nissan makes great cars. Their V6 engine is one of the best in it's class.
I am the Googlizer!!!

SanDiegoLover

Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:25 am

Redd wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

If you need an extra kick, I'm sending one your way. I always thought I'd buy one as they used to be quite cheap, now they've gone up like mad. Almost bought one for around $40K in Toronto back in 2006, I remember thinking that it was too much money for a 70's Aston.... yeah.

What made it worse was I sold that car which was appreciating in value for a 40’ Sea Ray sport yacht that was depreciating plus just the expense of owning a boat that size on salt water. Ugh! Live and learn.

FatCat

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 pm

what's all this thing around Nissan.
Nissan here is no big deal. many jukes and micras, and some x-trails.
in the us I cannot rent anything apart altimas and camrys. they're so boring.
not that rentals in europe are really exciting btw.
gtr's another thing. but it's a brand itself imho. it's like comparing a lancer evo to a standard one. or an outback to an impreza sti.
side note: I cannot understand why you all fellow americans don't buy chargers. damn it's a cool car. and why there are so many pick-up trucks. they're not very confortable and aren't you scared of your junk in the trunk being stolen at every red light?
Aeroplane flies high
Turns left, looks right

mham001

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:54 pm

FatCat wrote:
what's all this thing around Nissan.
Nissan here is no big deal. many jukes and micras, and some x-trails.
in the us I cannot rent anything apart altimas and camrys. they're so boring.
not that rentals in europe are really exciting btw.
gtr's another thing. but it's a brand itself imho. it's like comparing a lancer evo to a standard one. or an outback to an impreza sti.
side note: I cannot understand why you all fellow americans don't buy chargers. damn it's a cool car. and why there are so many pick-up trucks. they're not very confortable and aren't you scared of your junk in the trunk being stolen at every red light?

LOl. No, you are not in danger at every red light. Maybe in some neighborhoods but nobody on this forum ever goes to those places. But there are hundreds of options for securing things in the back of a truck.

I despise the Nissan design culture, like most of the Japanese styling but I do own the ugliest car recently made, a Nissan Leaf. It has done what it was supposed to do, which isn't much, but it's working. At least it does not have a cheesy CVT. Even if it does look like a butt suppository.

zakuivcustom

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:28 pm

FatCat wrote:

B/c the chargers is a Dodge, aka looks cool but otherwise, piece of crap that breaks all the time?

mham001 wrote:
I despise the Nissan design culture, like most of the Japanese styling but I do own the ugliest car recently made, a Nissan Leaf. It has done what it was supposed to do, which isn't much, but it's working. At least it does not have a cheesy CVT. Even if it does look like a butt suppository.

Compare to the Juke, Nissan Leaf actually doesn't look that bad :).

bhill

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:07 pm

anshabhi wrote:
Tesla, at the perfect intersection of microsoft and Nissan pretty much explains what people want

Well, when they make a truck with the specs of a F-150 class/size ....My wallet will stay in my pocket.
Carpe Pices

luckyone

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:26 pm

FatCat wrote:
and why there are so many pick-up trucks. they're not very confortable and aren't you scared of your junk in the trunk being stolen at every red light?

Many Americans buy the idea of a car, and right now the idea of utility is selling big, and car manufacturers are able to sell people on the idea that a truck the size of a city block allows them the potential to do everything they need with a car, and they charge accordingly. Trucks have ballooned in size with "cheap" oil--take a look at the new Ranger or Colorado, they're within inches of a 90's F150 or Silverado, and now those models have creeped into the size of yesteryear's super duties. It's a status symbol, because the utility most people need is met by a station wagon. Judging by how blinged out pickups have become, how pristine those beds look and how most pickups I see in the city and suburbs don't have a tow hitch, I would wager that a great many pickup drivers never actually put anything in the back nor tow anything with their overpriced rolling boat anchors.

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:48 am

Braybuddy wrote:
Jetsgo wrote:

you have been here 16 years, so I get it. I've been here five years, and the first couple of posts I made, five years ago people were complaining that the board was dying then. I thought how sad, this is a great board. Yes, people left and new people arrived. Whenever something in the news, that interests people they come to post. Five years ago, we were talking about gays getting married, and there were a lot of opinionated people on this board. After Gay marriage became settled law, the most opinionated posters went away. I think because of Trump being so divisive, and Brexit issues drawing out for years. the topics to discuss have become boring. I know I lost interest. Still, from time to time, I take a gander at what other people think, cause I truly don't want to discuss these things with co-workers or friends when there are so many other things to discuss. There are some very intelligent people here, whose knowledge and experience still make this board great. I like reading what they post.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:16 am

bhill wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Well, when they make a truck with the specs of a F-150 class/size ....My wallet will stay in my pocket.

Their Titan isn't bad but how come we aren't talking about the MAXIMA! Great car!
I am the Googlizer!!!

Pyrex

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Compared to some of the other tech giants (*cough*Facebook, *cough*Google*cough*), Microsoft seem to be pretty honest about what they are (a developer / manufacturer of IT products) and don't have any delusions of grandeur about how they are doing God's work by delivering a more effective way to target advertising, or some other bullshit like that, so that makes them cooler than the rest of the tech world, I guess.
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:19 am

Japanese cars are boring everyday cars for people who aren't risk takers. Which is why I hardly ever consider a Nissan. I owned a Honda once, but never again.

I went with the next best thing, a Renault with a Nissan engine.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

NIKV69

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:55 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Japanese cars are boring everyday cars for people who aren't risk takers. Which is why I hardly ever consider a Nissan. I owned a Honda once, but never again.

Buying a dependable car that has some style and performance isn't about risk taking. You want to do that you can blow 10s of thousands if not 100s of thousands on something and die like Paul Walker.
I am the Googlizer!!!

TheFlyingDisk

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:54 am

NIKV69 wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:

Buying a dependable car that has some style and performance isn't about risk taking. You want to do that you can blow 10s of thousands if not 100s of thousands on something and die like Paul Walker.

I'm not talking about performance cars. Plenty of everyday cars that aren't boring and just as dependable. Kia, Volkswagen & Hyundai certainly come to mind.

Having owned a Kia before I dare say they're much better than the Japanese. And my friend who drives a VW after years of driving Honda concurs with me.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

WildcatYXU

Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:20 pm

DocLightning wrote:
and the Sentra and Altima had the most anemic and erratic acceleration I've ever felt in a modern car.

Yean, sure...especially when you compare the L32 Altima with the VW Jetta TDi. I'd love to see a Jetta TDi doing 0-60 mph in 8 seconds (Altima 2.5), let alone in 5.5 seconds (Altima 3.5).
And I call bullshit on the handling too. Especially compared to the cars you've named. But I do agree that the CVT sucks and that's the reason I'll never buy a Nissan car again. Lack of MT takes care of Nissan trucks too.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, C402, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

DocLightning

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:30 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
Japanese cars are boring everyday cars for people who aren't risk takers.

The last thing I want is risk when I'm driving work or especially when my son is in the car with me.
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan