casinterest
Topic Author

The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:35 pm

This poll by Pew Research shows a startling affirmation of what many have alluded to over the years. Republicans and Fox news are in a parasitic relationship. Some may argue it is Symbiotic, but from my point of view it is parasitic as it is costing the rest of the US the truth.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/politics ... /index.htm
The image above shows the Number of news sources trusted by more than 33% of political identities That Fox news so dominates the Republican side is scary . There aren't enough trusted sources by Republicans. They can be fed lies and groomed by this one network.

For those that are curious, the 30 outlets that were discussed are here, and they include many right wing sources.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... s-sources/.

The study results from pew are below .

https://www.journalism.org/2020/01/24/u ... n-divided/

There is also a study from 2014 to compare to. It shows the widening gap over time of Conservatives .

https://www.journalism.org/2014/10/21/p ... ia-habits/

So how long will Republicans continue to migrate towards Fox news ?

Is there any hope seen in the above image where of all adults Fox is trusted by less than half?

Is this why Republican Senators are so quick to attack CNN reporters ?
Martha McSally and Ted Cruz this week verbally attacked a reporter asking a simple question, and Trump has constantly attacked Acosta.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -pissing-/
Where ever you go, there you are.

petertenthije

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:54 pm

I totally did not see that coming. Seriously, what where the odds? My mind is blown.

Care for any more cliche responses? ;)
Attamottamotta!

casinterest
Topic Author

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:02 pm

petertenthije wrote:
I totally did not see that coming. Seriously, what where the odds? My mind is blown.

Care for any more cliche responses? ;)

Well if you look at the 2014 and 2020 links I posted, the odds are greater in the favor of the Fox news grasp on their viewers, and the correlating vise they hold on elected officials within the Republican party.

Brick

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:23 pm

So by your reasoning, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, Washington Post, NPR, Time, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today are all extensions of the Democrat party. Which is something everyone has known for the past 20 years.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man...

Aesma

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:28 pm

No, by extension Democrats look at a dozen news sources to form their opinions, Republicans at only one.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Just another day ending in y. There are no other major conservative-leaning outlets (plus it's well known that Fox News's owners and managers are also conservative), so it's only logical that Fox News captures a larger conservative audience.

The only thing this is showing is that non-conservatives get their information from various other sources, though they don't hold conservative sources in high regard.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:31 pm

Brick wrote:
So by your reasoning, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, Washington Post, NPR, Time, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today are all extensions of the Democrat party. Which is something everyone has known for the past 20 years.

First of all, MSNBC has never ever said it is news.
Second, all the outlets you list do not have to keep reminding their viewers they are "news" or "fair and balanced".
Third, I have been voting since 1990 and have never ever seen any candidate from the Democrat party. Please enlighten us. Who was the last presidential candidate from the Democrat party? Who is the front runner for the Democrat party this year?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Max Q

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:22 pm

Look at the way fat mike Pompeo treated NPR on a recent interview

These arrogant bastards believe they are dictators above all considerations of democracy or even basic law and order
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

MaverickM11

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 pm

I would say the feedback loop between Trump and Fox News is fare more instructive and obvious than any poll. Has there ever been a President that was practically tucked in bed by "news" entertainers like Hannity/Carlson?

Brick wrote:

Don't forget math and science. Everything is a libErAL ConSpiaCy when your narrow view is only confirmed by one myopic viewpoint.
E pur si muove -Galileo

afcjets

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:35 pm

casinterest wrote:
They can be fed lies and groomed by this one network.

What lies are we being fed?

jetero

Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:37 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Well “fair and balanced” for starters.

casinterest
Topic Author

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 pm

Brick wrote:

No they are not. They are journalists. Not everything is a political lens. If you are going to drink the kool aid from one source and claim the other 29 are poison, you should take a look at what you are drinking.

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Plenty. The question is, how do folks at Fox news verify a lie or not if they only trust the one source?
========================================================================

It is a bad feedback loop. The viewers of the GOP listen to Fox news, the Politicians of the GOP go to Fox news for support. Fox news can make or break candidates based on the support only of their staff. There is no fresh air that passes into the coversation as everyone is looking to Fox news to be an honest broker, and how can it be when their ratings depend on entertaining the viewers?

Ever seen Hunger Games, or for the elder members " The Running Man" ?

afcjets

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:45 pm

casinterest wrote:

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Plenty.

What are some examples?

casinterest
Topic Author

Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:49 pm

afcjets wrote:
casinterest wrote:

afcjets wrote:

Plenty.

What are some examples?

Hundreds, but I will start easy .

Birther-ism,
Benghazi,
Mueller Report
Seth Rich
Impeachment story
Clinton's emails.

stl07

Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 pm

And flat earthers also think that, GASP, the flat earth conspiracy theory websites are real science.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

TSS

Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Just another day ending in y. There are no other major conservative-leaning outlets (plus it's well known that Fox News's owners and managers are also conservative), so it's only logical that Fox News captures a larger conservative audience.

The only thing this is showing is that non-conservatives get their information from various other sources, though they don't hold conservative sources in high regard.

There you go again, trying to interject calm rationality into an emotional debate... :shakehead:
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

casinterest
Topic Author

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:58 am

TSS wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

There you go again, trying to interject calm rationality into an emotional debate... :shakehead:

It's not a rational situation. It is an untenable one with dire repercussions down the line for Conservatism itself.
They are in an echo chamber that only reinforces the information that they repeat back to each other. Whether it is true or not.

casinterest
Topic Author

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:43 am

Here is an enlightening article, on how entitled a public servant gets when he thinks he gets to choose the questions.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/79956281 ... lying-to-h

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:57 am

einsteinboricua wrote:

Well not quite - there is also OAN, but their presentation and reporting is so unprofessional that they are regular targets of fact checkers. And their viewership is fortunately limited

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-amer ... twork/?amp
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

SanDiegoLover

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:26 am

I honestly don’t care that a right wing news source exists. What I have a problem with is that viewers of Fox News are actually more I’ll-informed / worse off than had they watched nothing at all. Fox doesn’t give their viewers a political right of center viewpoint, it actually misleads and lies to them. It’s why Republicans can’t even acknowledge facts anymore. It’s nothing more than gaslighting anymore.

https://ritholtz.com/2018/07/americas-fox-news-problem/

stl07

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
I honestly don’t care that a right wing news source exists. What I have a problem with is that viewers of Fox News are actually more I’ll-informed / worse off than had they watched nothing at all. Fox doesn’t give their viewers a political right of center viewpoint, it actually misleads and lies to them. It’s why Republicans can’t even acknowledge facts anymore. It’s nothing more than gaslighting anymore.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

I love to read news from people of different sides, but it has been increasingly harder to find right-wing news sources that don't just makeup facts on the spot and then regurgitate them 24x7. Interestingly, my local Fox 2 news channel is probably the only conservative news source I can stand because they report real facts and do their research. Which is sad because the local guys probably make salaries in the high 5 figures while the national Fox fools make waaaay more
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

casinterest
Topic Author

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:40 pm

stl07 wrote:
SanDiegoLover wrote:

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

I love to read news from people of different sides, but it has been increasingly harder to find right-wing news sources that don't just makeup facts on the spot and then regurgitate them 24x7. Interestingly, my local Fox 2 news channel is probably the only conservative news source I can stand because they report real facts and do their research. Which is sad because the local guys probably make salaries in the high 5 figures while the national Fox fools make waaaay more

The problem at Fox, is that their viewers and ratings come in the morning and evening when the opinion side of the house is on. Most of the Fox viewers watch during this time, and these folks openly lie, and the fox viewers buy it.

Then their website has some very quirky editorial decisions about what constitutes a high priority issue. and when they keep running on lies on the opinion side, the website usually picks up and runs with it as well.

T18

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:59 pm

seb146 wrote:

Please load the MSNBC website and tell me what shows up in the title bar because I get the words Breaking News among others.
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

N583JB

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:52 pm

Every news organization has a slant, some more than others. Obviously Fox slants heavily to the right. CNN used to be credible but in recent years they have veered hard left and their dishonesty surprises me. First you had CNN's anchors doing an on-air "protest" for "hands up, don't shoot"...too bad that never happened. Then you had the whole Covington Catholic fiasco. The final straw for me with CNN came last year when Trump was discussing a Medal of Honor presentation. He made a joke about trying to award himself a medal and having his aides shoot him down. It was clearly a joke as he laughed afterwards and the room also laughed. CNN edited the clip to omit the laughs and then reported that Trump wanted to award himself the Medal of Honor. The anchor even said with disgust in her voice that "he wasn't even joking". CNN sucks.

einsteinboricua

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:53 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Well not quite - there is also OAN, but their presentation and reporting is so unprofessional that they are regular targets of fact checkers. And their viewership is fortunately limited

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/one-amer ... twork/?amp

Hence, it's not a MAJOR outlet. Breitbart and InfoWars, for example, capture conservative viewers, but compared to network outlets, they're nothing.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:01 pm

N583JB wrote:
Every news organization has a slant, some more than others. Obviously Fox slants heavily to the right. CNN used to be credible but in recent years they have veered hard left and their dishonesty surprises me. First you had CNN's anchors doing an on-air "protest" for "hands up, don't shoot"...too bad that never happened. Then you had the whole Covington Catholic fiasco. The final straw for me with CNN came last year when Trump was discussing a Medal of Honor presentation. He made a joke about trying to award himself a medal and having his aides shoot him down. It was clearly a joke as he laughed afterwards and the room also laughed. CNN edited the clip to omit the laughs and then reported that Trump wanted to award himself the Medal of Honor. The anchor even said with disgust in her voice that "he wasn't even joking". CNN sucks.

If I thought Republicans actually gave two sheets about the truth, maybe this post would be worth discussing, but with the Prevaricator in Chief in the White House and his Pravda Fox News with decades of gaslighting, conspiracy theories, and outright hackery, I’d say we probably wouldn’t be able to have a honest discussion.

But three cheers to CNN for riling everyone up over a bunch of Catholic schoolboys. I must say, I enjoyed every minute of it.

N583JB

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:12 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

If I thought Republicans actually gave two sheets about the truth, maybe this post would be worth discussing, but with the Prevaricator in Chief in the White House and his Pravda Fox News with decades of gaslighting, conspiracy theories, and outright hackery, I’d say we probably wouldn’t be able to have a honest discussion.

But three cheers to CNN for riling everyone up over a bunch of Catholic schoolboys. I must say, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Maybe it is time to accept that the mass media really doesn't care much about the truth anymore?

Also, I hope that Nick Sandmann is enjoying every bit of his settlement, and I suspect it was a rather large one.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:14 pm

N583JB wrote:
Also, I hope that Nick Sandmann is enjoying every bit of his settlement, and I suspect it was a rather large one.

I have no doubt that you do.

N583JB

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:39 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

I have no doubt that you do.

Good.

AirWorthy99

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Maybe it is time to accept that the mass media really doesn't care much about the truth anymore?

Actually there is more coming for him since he only settled with CNN the other ‘fine’ and ‘great’ outlets havent settled with him yet. So I think he only got a small preview of whats coming, which I hope is significant enough to cover for the damages of defaming a child.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Lol, the right wing obsession with the size of The Sandmann’s, er, settlement is comically fascinating. They’ve been talking about it since before the suit was even filed. It’s almost like a religious incantation, “Oh hallowed Sandmann, whose settlement was in the millions of millions.”

Hilarious!

seb146

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:34 pm

T18 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Please load the MSNBC website and tell me what shows up in the title bar because I get the words Breaking News among others.

They don't have to keep repeating how they are are "news" and "fair and balanced". Look at impeachment trial coverage. MSNBS says "we will sit back and play what we can" while "fair and balanced" Fox says "let us tell you what we want you to know about what happened". How is that "fair and balanced" again?

Besides, Republicans scream and whine and demand that we look at both sides but then scream and whine and demand that MSNBC is biased. Make up your minds!

Looking at the graph in the first post, it looks like all Americans look to nine different sources for information but Republicans look to two. Please explain how two is better than nine? Please explain how we should look at both sides of a story but only the two sides Republicans say?

N583JB

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 pm

jetero wrote:
Lol, the right wing obsession with the size of The Sandmann’s, er, settlement is comically fascinating. They’ve been talking about it since before the suit was even filed. It’s almost like a religious incantation, “Oh hallowed Sandmann, whose settlement was in the millions of millions.”

Hilarious!

Many people like seeing the little guy win against a bully, particularly when the "little guy" in this case was a literal child who did nothing wrong. That was not enough for CNN or some of the other media outlets, nor was it enough for the progressive blue checkmarks on Twitter advocated physical violence against those poor kids.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:52 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hilarious!

Many people like seeing the little guy win against a bully, particularly when the "little guy" in this case was a literal child who did nothing wrong. That was not enough for CNN or some of the other media outlets, nor was it enough for the progressive blue checkmarks on Twitter advocated physical violence against those poor kids.

I’d say it’s right up there with shooting a kid in a hoodie, no?

Man, I’ve been wrong all this time. Right wingers are definitely the most put-upon and mistreated sad sacks in the country.

AirWorthy99

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:02 am

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hilarious!

Man, I’ve been wrong all this time. Right wingers are definitely the most put-upon and mistreated sad sacks in the country.

Really? What does that have to do with the MSM defaming a kid for no reason other than wearing a hat?
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Really? What does that have to do with the MSM defaming a kid for no reason other than wearing a hat?

It’s one of those things that requires perspective, AirWorthy99. Does David Hogg hit closer to home? How about the right-wing darling, Greta?

Or is it only an issue for hat-wearers?

AirWorthy99

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:15 am

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:

It’s one of those things that requires perspective, AirWorthy99. Does David Hogg hit closer to home? How about the right-wing darling, Greta?

Ok sure, talk about perspective look at the MSM reaction to Smollett and Sandman. Both ended in different realities, and both exposed the MSM lack of “truth finding” methods and who they actually give the benefit of the doubt.

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:19 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Ok sure, talk about perspective look at the MSM reaction to Smollett and Sandman. Both ended in different realities, and both exposed the MSM lack of “truth finding” methods and who they actually give the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, yes, Jussie, another right-wing trope. Sandmann’s settlement size and Jussie, can’t ever get enough mileage out of those two.

N583JB

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:35 am

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hilarious!

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

N583JB

Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:36 am

jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hogg and Greta chose to become public personalities. Sandmann did not. He literally was standing politely while a crazed man beat a drum in his face, and for that progressives called for people to physically attack him.

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:27 am

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Color me surprised.

(And, yes, that’s a pun.)

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:31 am

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Hogg and Greta chose to become public personalities. Sandmann did not. He literally was standing politely while a crazed man beat a drum in his face, and for that progressives called for people to physically attack him.

Yes, you’ve got the talking points down. “They chose.” Because of course you can’t judge on principle. It’s either right or wrong.

“Standing politely,” oh good Lord! Best laugh of the day.

casinterest
Topic Author

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:42 am

Can't wait to see how Fox news spins the fact that one of their hawks is tossing Trump under the bus.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... lton_book/

SanDiegoLover

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:07 am

casinterest wrote:
Can't wait to see how Fox news spins the fact that one of their hawks is tossing Trump under the bus.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... lton_book/

Breitbart is hilarious....those twits go from hawking their saviors as VP running mates to “he sucks” in the blink of an eye. People like Bolton, Sessions, Gowdy, Chaffetz, etc... Here’s Breitbarters comments now on Bolton: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... tigations/

Aaron747

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:43 am

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

It’s called irony. Something usually learned in sixth-grade English.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

NIKV69

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:06 am

casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
Brick wrote:

:checkmark:

This thread should have been deleted for low quality. I mean really.

Your post confirms the theory about Fox news fans.

I don't watch Fox news. I watch CNN. How do you know what I watch? :sarcastic:
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.

seb146

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

:checkmark:

This thread should have been deleted for low quality. I mean really.

Your post confirms the theory about Fox news fans.

I don't watch Fox news. I watch CNN. How do you know what I watch? :sarcastic:

Because literally every letter you type is Fox. Every. Single. One. If you watched CNN, you would be a bit softer. You would have at least one question. You do not, Nik. I know you. I live among you. I know this mind. This is how I know you "don't watch Fox news." but you "watch CNN." I know this because I live this. Every. Single. Day.

T18

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:21 am

seb146 wrote:
T18 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Looking at the graph in the first post, it looks like all Americans look to nine different sources for information but Republicans look to two. Please explain how two is better than nine? Please explain how we should look at both sides of a story but only the two sides Republicans say?

That graph indicates to me, of self identifying Rep. less than 33% trust CNN, MSNBC etc.

I do appreciate that you clarified what you meant though with the initial statement about MSNBC.

Frankly what I find odd is how many people give blanket trust to a source. I don't think we should every blindly trust a story just because its on a certain platform as even the best news agencies have published/run absolutely false and/or poorly researched/fact checked stories.

And what ever you do just never trust anything posted to social media. You want to 'blame' some of for the rise of trump, blame Twitter and Facebook.....
“Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.” ― Steve McQueen (Le Mans) 1971

N583JB

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:40 am

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Yes, you’ve got the talking points down. “They chose.” Because of course you can’t judge on principle. It’s either right or wrong.

“Standing politely,” oh good Lord! Best laugh of the day.

I should have known that you wouldn't know anything about tact or politeness. Sad when a high schooler comes out looking like a bigger man than you.

N583JB

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:43 am

Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

It’s called irony. Something usually learned in sixth-grade English.

If he was going for ironic, he missed the mark and instead landed on "whataboutism" and "deflection".