Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:20 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Hogg and Greta chose to become public personalities. Sandmann did not. He literally was standing politely while a crazed man beat a drum in his face, and for that progressives called for people to physically attack him.


Yes, you’ve got the talking points down. “They chose.” Because of course you can’t judge on principle. It’s either right or wrong.

“Standing politely,” oh good Lord! Best laugh of the day.


I should have known that you wouldn't know anything about tact or politeness. Sad when a high schooler comes out looking like a bigger man than you.


You got me there, buddy, your Beloved Sandmann and I probably do have two different takes on what constitutes “polite.”
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:23 pm

N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.


It’s called irony. Something usually learned in sixth-grade English.


If he was going for ironic, he missed the mark and instead landed on "whataboutism" and "deflection".


When you’re ready to discuss what constitutes right and wrong based on unqualified principle and not on a Sean Hannity flowchart, please give me a buzz.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:47 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

:checkmark:

This thread should have been deleted for low quality. I mean really.


Your post confirms the theory about Fox news fans.


I don't watch Fox news. I watch CNN. How do you know what I watch? :sarcastic:


It's all in the brainwashing and conditioning of Cults.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ven-hassan

"
The bottom line is that I see very sophisticated mind-control techniques being used through the media, through religious broadcasters and radio talk-show hosts. It’s a black-and-white, all-or-nothing, good-versus-evil, authoritarian view of reality that is mostly fear-based. And there’s a deliberate focus on denying facts in order to protect the image of the leader.

These are universal mind-control techniques common to all destructive cults, and something I call “phobia introduction.” Irrational fears are drilled into people’s minds so that they can’t even imagine leaving the group or questioning the leader without terrible things happening to them"
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:48 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Yes, you’ve got the talking points down. “They chose.” Because of course you can’t judge on principle. It’s either right or wrong.

“Standing politely,” oh good Lord! Best laugh of the day.


I should have known that you wouldn't know anything about tact or politeness. Sad when a high schooler comes out looking like a bigger man than you.


You got me there, buddy, your Beloved Sandmann and I probably do have two different takes on what constitutes “polite.”


That much is clear. Perhaps you could learn from him and the world would be a better place.
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:49 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

It’s called irony. Something usually learned in sixth-grade English.


If he was going for ironic, he missed the mark and instead landed on "whataboutism" and "deflection".


When you’re ready to discuss what constitutes right and wrong based on unqualified principle and not on a Sean Hannity flowchart, please give me a buzz.


Calling for bodily harm to a child because he wore a red hat is a clear "wrong" in my book. I suspect you disagree, and if so I feel sorry for you.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:04 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

I should have known that you wouldn't know anything about tact or politeness. Sad when a high schooler comes out looking like a bigger man than you.


You got me there, buddy, your Beloved Sandmann and I probably do have two different takes on what constitutes “polite.”


That much is clear. Perhaps you could learn from him and the world would be a better place.


Lolz, I think the world has enough entitled suburban Catholic schoolboys to go around. No need for more!

N583JB wrote:
Calling for bodily harm to a child because he wore a red hat is a clear "wrong" in my book. I suspect you disagree, and if so I feel sorry for you.


Ah, JB, how soon you forget! It is OK to call for bodily harm to a child if they "choose to become a public figure." In that case, they're fair game!

You see, that's what this whole conversation has been about. I'm not surprised it flew right over the ole noggin. I guess I could've been clearer.

But, don't let any of the above get in the way of your feeling sorry for me. It's rather cute.
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:19 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

You got me there, buddy, your Beloved Sandmann and I probably do have two different takes on what constitutes “polite.”


That much is clear. Perhaps you could learn from him and the world would be a better place.


Lolz, I think the world has enough entitled suburban Catholic schoolboys to go around. No need for more!

N583JB wrote:
Calling for bodily harm to a child because he wore a red hat is a clear "wrong" in my book. I suspect you disagree, and if so I feel sorry for you.


Ah, JB, how soon you forget! It is OK to call for bodily harm to a child if they "choose to become a public figure." In that case, they're fair game!

You see, that's what this whole conversation has been about. I'm not surprised it flew right over the ole noggin. I guess I could've been clearer.

But, don't let any of the above get in the way of your feeling sorry for me. It's rather cute.


Who has suggested that it is OK to call for bodily harm to any child? Seems as if you need to go back and read some more. I said that Hogg and Greta were inviting criticism because they chose to step into the public sphere and sought attention, media coverage, and the like. Criticism does not equate to threats of harm. But I know, your partisanship makes it impossible to condemn your progressive heroes for going after a kid who did nothing wrong. Red hat bad.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:23 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

That much is clear. Perhaps you could learn from him and the world would be a better place.


Lolz, I think the world has enough entitled suburban Catholic schoolboys to go around. No need for more!

N583JB wrote:
Calling for bodily harm to a child because he wore a red hat is a clear "wrong" in my book. I suspect you disagree, and if so I feel sorry for you.


Ah, JB, how soon you forget! It is OK to call for bodily harm to a child if they "choose to become a public figure." In that case, they're fair game!

You see, that's what this whole conversation has been about. I'm not surprised it flew right over the ole noggin. I guess I could've been clearer.

But, don't let any of the above get in the way of your feeling sorry for me. It's rather cute.


Who has suggested that it is OK to call for bodily harm to any child? Seems as if you need to go back and read some more. I said that Hogg and Greta were inviting criticism because they chose to step into the public sphere and sought attention, media coverage, and the like. Criticism does not equate to threats of harm. But I know, your partisanship makes it impossible to condemn your progressive heroes for going after a kid who did nothing wrong. Red hat bad.


Well JB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be happy to do that when you "go back and read some more" and pinpoint exactly where I said "it is OK to call for bodily harm" to your beloved Sandmann. I know that's part of the shtick, JB, but, guess what? I think you're seeing things that aren't there. (Can't say I'm surprised.)

Thx

xoxoxoxoxoxo
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:25 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Lolz, I think the world has enough entitled suburban Catholic schoolboys to go around. No need for more!



Ah, JB, how soon you forget! It is OK to call for bodily harm to a child if they "choose to become a public figure." In that case, they're fair game!

You see, that's what this whole conversation has been about. I'm not surprised it flew right over the ole noggin. I guess I could've been clearer.

But, don't let any of the above get in the way of your feeling sorry for me. It's rather cute.


Who has suggested that it is OK to call for bodily harm to any child? Seems as if you need to go back and read some more. I said that Hogg and Greta were inviting criticism because they chose to step into the public sphere and sought attention, media coverage, and the like. Criticism does not equate to threats of harm. But I know, your partisanship makes it impossible to condemn your progressive heroes for going after a kid who did nothing wrong. Red hat bad.


Well JB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be happy to do that when you "go back and read some more" and pinpoint exactly where I said "it is OK to call for bodily harm" to your beloved Sandmann.

Thx

xoxoxoxoxoxo


I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11959
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:27 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Who has suggested that it is OK to call for bodily harm to any child? Seems as if you need to go back and read some more. I said that Hogg and Greta were inviting criticism because they chose to step into the public sphere and sought attention, media coverage, and the like. Criticism does not equate to threats of harm. But I know, your partisanship makes it impossible to condemn your progressive heroes for going after a kid who did nothing wrong. Red hat bad.


Well JB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be happy to do that when you "go back and read some more" and pinpoint exactly where I said "it is OK to call for bodily harm" to your beloved Sandmann.

Thx

xoxoxoxoxoxo


I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.


Ad hominem fallacies and right wingers just seem to go together like peaches and cream. No evidence required - I ‘feel’ you think this, so it must be so. Incredible.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:30 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

Who has suggested that it is OK to call for bodily harm to any child? Seems as if you need to go back and read some more. I said that Hogg and Greta were inviting criticism because they chose to step into the public sphere and sought attention, media coverage, and the like. Criticism does not equate to threats of harm. But I know, your partisanship makes it impossible to condemn your progressive heroes for going after a kid who did nothing wrong. Red hat bad.


Well JB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be happy to do that when you "go back and read some more" and pinpoint exactly where I said "it is OK to call for bodily harm" to your beloved Sandmann.

Thx

xoxoxoxoxoxo


I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.


Oh sorry, JB,

I suspect that you don't give a sheet about any child who isn't wearing a red hat because of your inability to link the inherent hypocrisy in your argument.

Is that better?
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:38 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:

Well JB, I'm glad you brought that up. I'll be happy to do that when you "go back and read some more" and pinpoint exactly where I said "it is OK to call for bodily harm" to your beloved Sandmann.

Thx

xoxoxoxoxoxo


I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.


Ad hominem fallacies and right wingers just seem to go together like peaches and cream. No evidence required - I ‘feel’ you think this, so it must be so. Incredible.


If you notice, he has posted nothing but vitriol towards this child in this thread and has yet to deny this belief. Looks like I'm onto something
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 11959
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:45 pm

N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.


Ad hominem fallacies and right wingers just seem to go together like peaches and cream. No evidence required - I ‘feel’ you think this, so it must be so. Incredible.


If you notice, he has posted nothing but vitriol towards this child in this thread and has yet to deny this belief. Looks like I'm onto something


It all looks pretty tame to me - 'vitriol' conjures up entirely different images to me, like a domestic abuser toward their spouse, or a run-of-the-mill post on Stormfront. Let's at least try to use words in the spirit of what they actually mean, ya know, 6th grade English and all.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:46 pm

N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
N583JB wrote:

I never claimed you stated so. Just that I suspected you believed it.


Ad hominem fallacies and right wingers just seem to go together like peaches and cream. No evidence required - I ‘feel’ you think this, so it must be so. Incredible.


If you notice, he has posted nothing but vitriol towards this child in this thread and has yet to deny this belief. Looks like I'm onto something


I think you're on to your tail. (Metaphorically speaking, of course . . . we're amongst friends, after all . . . that's how circular arguments work )

How about you give $5 to Greta's boat fund, and I give $5 to The Sandmann's bake sale and we call it a truce?
 
N583JB
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:55 pm

jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Ad hominem fallacies and right wingers just seem to go together like peaches and cream. No evidence required - I ‘feel’ you think this, so it must be so. Incredible.


If you notice, he has posted nothing but vitriol towards this child in this thread and has yet to deny this belief. Looks like I'm onto something


I think you're on to your tail. (Metaphorically speaking, of course . . . we're amongst friends, after all . . . that's how circular arguments work )

How about you give $5 to Greta's boat fund, and I give $5 to The Sandmann's bake sale and we call it a truce?


Deal.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:57 pm

N583JB wrote:
jetero wrote:
N583JB wrote:

If you notice, he has posted nothing but vitriol towards this child in this thread and has yet to deny this belief. Looks like I'm onto something


I think you're on to your tail. (Metaphorically speaking, of course . . . we're amongst friends, after all . . . that's how circular arguments work )

How about you give $5 to Greta's boat fund, and I give $5 to The Sandmann's bake sale and we call it a truce?


Deal.


And who says there's no middle ground any more?!

WELL DONE!!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:47 pm

casinterest wrote:
Here is an enlightening article, on how entitled a public servant gets when he thinks he gets to choose the questions.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/79956281 ... lying-to-h



Further follow up indicates that Pompeo is lying about what was agreed to, and is looking to manifest his Fox propaganda for the right wing base.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ly-ukraine
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:20 pm

casinterest wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Here is an enlightening article, on how entitled a public servant gets when he thinks he gets to choose the questions.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/79956281 ... lying-to-h



Further follow up indicates that Pompeo is lying about what was agreed to, and is looking to manifest his Fox propaganda for the right wing base.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ly-ukraine


Pompeo is truly a slimeball's slimeball.
 
User avatar
EstherLouise
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:52 pm

I find it absolutely amazing that people who only watch Fox News think that Trump getting a 95% approval rating in the GOP means that the 2020 election is a shoe-in. Idiots with no concept of statistical knowledge.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:09 pm

Brick wrote:
So by your reasoning, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NY Times, BBC, MSNBC, Washington Post, NPR, Time, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today are all extensions of the Democrat party. Which is something everyone has known for the past 20 years.

See that is the fake news that so many right leaning people have been fed and chosen to believe. It isn't true but I am fairly certain I can't convince you of that. Simply put: The wider the variety and the larger the number of sources, the less likely for any monolithic manipulation to occur simply due to a larger number of people involved in telling the stories and the larger number of competing interests.

This is how capitalism works and quite frankly, why the USA was structured with a wide variety of states involved. But can I get "fox lovers" and those who tout the "MSM!" BS thinking it only means every media outlet but Fox (and all right wing radio etc.)? Nope, for some reason many just refuse to understand capitalism or the USA anymore (I have successfully explained to a few though but only a few).

More options is better and in general more honest due to competition. It's not that hard folks.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13424
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:18 pm

seb146 wrote:

Because literally every letter you type is Fox. Every. Single. One. If you watched CNN, you would be a bit softer. You would have at least one question. You do not, Nik. I know you. I live among you. I know this mind. This is how I know you "don't watch Fox news." but you "watch CNN." I know this because I live this. Every. Single. Day.


Actually you live in a made up psychosis were people that don't agree with the far fringe left are automatically far right religious whackjobs. You can't accept the middle of the electorate exists because you can't accept Trump won without all this nutbag Russian hoax stuff as a way to explain away moderate people that watch news outlets they disagree with. If you want to accuse me of sourcing Fox in my statements please provide the statement and my ORIGINAL post. You won't of course because you live in a world of just blurting out anything that sounds good and refusing to back it up.

This country isn't about the fringe. You are a outlier and it is why Trump will win a second term. Not Putin or the Russians but middle America who is sick of the propaganda and doesn't want the high tax, open border anarchy that the Democratic primary is pushing.

Even though there isn't a third party there are many that vote as if there was one. Again Trump beat a political power family because of us. Not the bases. If you want to pretend we don't exist or try to pigeonhole us as Fox viewing far right conservatives go right again. I know it helps you deal

with Trump in the white house but both know it's utter hogwash.

casinterest wrote:



It's all in the brainwashing and conditioning of Cults.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ven-hassan

"
The bottom line is that I see very sophisticated mind-control techniques being used through the media, through religious broadcasters and radio talk-show hosts. It’s a black-and-white, all-or-nothing, good-versus-evil, authoritarian view of reality that is mostly fear-based. And there’s a deliberate focus on denying facts in order to protect the image of the leader.

These are universal mind-control techniques common to all destructive cults, and something I call “phobia introduction.” Irrational fears are drilled into people’s minds so that they can’t even imagine leaving the group or questioning the leader without terrible things happening to them"


Oh yea I forgot you are making up this story that all Trump voters are a cult. LOL. Actually we aren't but it is so gratifying to watch you melt down with every day Trump is in office. Election night will be better than 4 years ago when he walks out again to give his acceptance speech. Actually CNN viewers are closer to being a cult by buying into CNNs propaganda that he is not legitimate and he stole the election that anyone else trust me. If vilifying Fox news makes you feel better by all means go right ahead but your time would better served trying to ease the insanity you are trying to make us believe here.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:28 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
This country isn't about the fringe.

This country is very much about "the fringe" right now. Anytime you have 2% or similar margins for election victory's, the fringe very much plays a roll and often a significant one.

If a fringe group is turned away from one candidate that candidate can easily lose an election. That is why politicians pander so much to these fringes.

It just it what it is and we need to accept and understand that.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:39 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
LOL. Actually we aren't but it is so gratifying to watch you melt down with every day Trump is in office. Election night will be better than 4 years ago when he walks out again to give his acceptance speech.


Sounds kind of cult-y to me.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:40 pm

casinterest wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Here is an enlightening article, on how entitled a public servant gets when he thinks he gets to choose the questions.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/25/79956281 ... lying-to-h



Further follow up indicates that Pompeo is lying about what was agreed to, and is looking to manifest his Fox propaganda for the right wing base.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ly-ukraine


From an old-school conservative news source.

Mike Pompeo Is The Worst

Take Hillary Clinton's calculation and ambition; cross it with Donald Trump's vulgarity and dishonesty, and voila—you've got Mike Pompeo.


https://thebulwark.com/mike-pompeo-is-t ... dium=email
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:44 pm

I'm not sure what the point of this is.

Are you suggesting that we ought to outlaw news that is politically slanted? If so, MSNBC would have to go as well.

I am comfortable with the First Amendment and the protections that it provides to the media. Government should not get to decide who provides news.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
casinterest wrote:



It's all in the brainwashing and conditioning of Cults.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... ven-hassan

"
The bottom line is that I see very sophisticated mind-control techniques being used through the media, through religious broadcasters and radio talk-show hosts. It’s a black-and-white, all-or-nothing, good-versus-evil, authoritarian view of reality that is mostly fear-based. And there’s a deliberate focus on denying facts in order to protect the image of the leader.

These are universal mind-control techniques common to all destructive cults, and something I call “phobia introduction.” Irrational fears are drilled into people’s minds so that they can’t even imagine leaving the group or questioning the leader without terrible things happening to them"


Oh yea I forgot you are making up this story that all Trump voters are a cult. LOL. Actually we aren't but it is so gratifying to watch you melt down with every day Trump is in office. Election night will be better than 4 years ago when he walks out again to give his acceptance speech. Actually CNN viewers are closer to being a cult by buying into CNNs propaganda that he is not legitimate and he stole the election that anyone else trust me. If vilifying Fox news makes you feel better by all means go right ahead but your time would better served trying to ease the insanity you are trying to make us believe here.



Not all Trump supporters are cult members, but quite a few are.

But how would you know? No in in a cult figures it out until they leave the cult.


As put in the article

Steven Hassan
Right, but for people to believe in him and follow him religiously and not question anything he says even when it’s obvious that he’s lying, that’s where I stop and go, “Wait, this is very cult-like.”

I really want to make the point that not everyone who voted for Trump is in a cult, and not everyone who supports the Republican Party is a mindless follower of Trump. But those who buy everything he says, who think he’s some kind of savior or a gift from God, whose loyalty is both unquestionable and irrational, I do think they’re behaving more or less like cult members
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13424
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
This country isn't about the fringe.

This country is very much about "the fringe" right now. Anytime you have 2% or similar margins for election victory's, the fringe very much plays a roll and often a significant one.

If a fringe group is turned away from one candidate that candidate can easily lose an election. That is why politicians pander so much to these fringes.

It just it what it is and we need to accept and understand that.

Tugg


Unfortunately this isn't true. The independents decide elections. Obama voters of 2012 voted Trump. Trust me they are not fringe. Fringe votes party every time blindly. To win the white house you need the middle. They make up that 2% not fringe. Hillary called them deplorables and it cost her.
I am the Googlizer!!!
 
BN747
Posts: 7834
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:48 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:54 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Actually you live in a made up psychosis were people that don't agree with the far fringe left are automatically far right religious whackjobs. You can't accept the middle of the electorate exists because you can't accept Trump won without all this nutbag Russian hoax stuff ..
..... is why Trump will win a second term. Not Putin or the Russians but middle America who is sick of the propaganda and doesn't want the high tax, open border anarchy that the Democratic primary is pushing.



Do you see Mike Drop nearby anywhere? He's the only other guy that far up the chute than Sean Hannity...


Sorry Dude, most loyal Americans trust the Intel peeps when they Russia was no hoax and still not.

So when you re-tell your trump heroics (have his 2016 Electoral map handu when you do).. you must add in the fact that Comey's Hilary short sheeting along with Russian hoax activity gave him his electoral win.

Tell the whole truth...try it, you might like it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
This country isn't about the fringe.

This country is very much about "the fringe" right now. Anytime you have 2% or similar margins for election victory's, the fringe very much plays a roll and often a significant one.

If a fringe group is turned away from one candidate that candidate can easily lose an election. That is why politicians pander so much to these fringes.

It just it what it is and we need to accept and understand that.

Tugg


Unfortunately this isn't true. The independents decide elections. Obama voters of 2012 voted Trump. Trust me they are not fringe. Fringe votes party every time blindly. To win the white house you need the middle. They make up that 2% not fringe. Hillary called them deplorables and it cost her.

I'll disagree, the fringe of the Republican party stayed home the last election at least as much as the Dems were more motivated and that is why so many turned Dem from Republican.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 22322
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Because literally every letter you type is Fox. Every. Single. One. If you watched CNN, you would be a bit softer. You would have at least one question. You do not, Nik. I know you. I live among you. I know this mind. This is how I know you "don't watch Fox news." but you "watch CNN." I know this because I live this. Every. Single. Day.


Actually you live in a made up psychosis were people that don't agree with the far fringe left are automatically far right religious whackjobs. You can't accept the middle of the electorate exists because you can't accept Trump won without all this nutbag Russian hoax stuff as a way to explain away moderate people that watch news outlets they disagree with. If you want to accuse me of sourcing Fox in my statements please provide the statement and my ORIGINAL post. You won't of course because you live in a world of just blurting out anything that sounds good and refusing to back it up.

This country isn't about the fringe. You are a outlier and it is why Trump will win a second term. Not Putin or the Russians but middle America who is sick of the propaganda and doesn't want the high tax, open border anarchy that the Democratic primary is pushing.

Even though there isn't a third party there are many that vote as if there was one. Again Trump beat a political power family because of us. Not the bases. If you want to pretend we don't exist or try to pigeonhole us as Fox viewing far right conservatives go right again. I know it helps you deal

with Trump in the white house but both know it's utter hogwash.


All we heard for years and years and years is how evil Hillary is and how Hillary is crazy and "Killary" and so on and so forth. None of the right wing outlets even tried to balance any of that out or gave her any benefit of the doubt. Instead, they doubled down. And the "open minded" right believed it. Because they were told by "fair and balanced news". Over and over. Hillary did this bad thing and Hillary did that bad thing and Hillary was involved with this crime and that crime because she happened to be awake or in the same state as said crime or whatever. Any time Republicans came under fire, the standard Republican response was "but... but... but... HILLARY!!!!" Any time any actual facts are put forward, Republicans simply put their fingers in their ears and screamed about how evil and law breaking she is.

But Republicans want civility.

The current leader of the Republican party lost in the popular vote. He lost by 3,000,000 LEGITIMATE votes. No matter how many times he name calls or investigates or tries to invalidate those 3,000,000 votes. And Republicans just play along. Do whatever he wants. And support him doing whatever he wants. Anyone who presents facts to the contrary are un-American and hate the Constitution and hate America and we all MUST line up behind the leader or else. That is EXACTLY how the rest of us see the Republican party.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Anyone who knows the slightest bit about politics knows that the moderates decide presidential elections more than party bases do. Obama captured moderates in droves. Hillary could not.

The base is going to vote along party lines. That’s always been the case. It’s the moderates that are the movers. Trump appealed to moderates because in many ways he ran as a moderate.

Even VOX has figured this out. And they HATE Trump.
https://www.vox.com/2019/7/2/20677656/d ... sm-penalty

Back to the topic at hand: Are there people on this forum who actually think that government should decide what can be reported and how it must be reported? Assuming the answer is no, you can complain all you want about FOX News, but at the end of the day you are merely complaining because a free society doesn’t always cater to your personal preferences. I don’t have much sympathy for that type of complaint.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:55 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Anyone who knows the slightest bit about politics knows that the moderates decide presidential elections more than party bases do. Obama captured moderates in droves. Hillary could not.

The base is going to vote along party lines. That’s always been the case. It’s the moderates that are the movers. Trump appealed to moderates because in many ways he ran as a moderate.

Even VOX has figured this out. And they HATE Trump.
https://www.vox.com/2019/7/2/20677656/d ... sm-penalty

Back to the topic at hand: Are there people on this forum who actually think that government should decide what can be reported and how it must be reported? Assuming the answer is no, you can complain all you want about FOX News, but at the end of the day you are merely complaining because a free society doesn’t always cater to your personal preferences. I don’t have much sympathy for that type of complaint.

The topic at hand is how little the Republican party ventuires outside of the "Fair and Balanced" shield, and how much Fox News and Republicans reinforce this by calling all other channels "fake news", especially when those news channels report on items that crush the bubble that has been created by this parasitic relationship. The trend has accelerated and worsened under the Trump administration, and has led to a world where Republicans are abandoning long held stances in favor of irrational fears created by that relationship.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:58 pm

casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Anyone who knows the slightest bit about politics knows that the moderates decide presidential elections more than party bases do. Obama captured moderates in droves. Hillary could not.

The base is going to vote along party lines. That’s always been the case. It’s the moderates that are the movers. Trump appealed to moderates because in many ways he ran as a moderate.

Even VOX has figured this out. And they HATE Trump.
https://www.vox.com/2019/7/2/20677656/d ... sm-penalty

Back to the topic at hand: Are there people on this forum who actually think that government should decide what can be reported and how it must be reported? Assuming the answer is no, you can complain all you want about FOX News, but at the end of the day you are merely complaining because a free society doesn’t always cater to your personal preferences. I don’t have much sympathy for that type of complaint.

The topic at hand is how little the Republican party ventuires outside of the "Fair and Balanced" shield, and how much Fox News and Republicans reinforce this by calling all other channels "fake news", especially when those news channels report on items that crush the bubble that has been created by this parasitic relationship. The trend has accelerated and worsened under the Trump administration, and has led to a world where Republicans are abandoning long held stances in favor of irrational fears created by that relationship.

The chart posted by the OP doesn’t say anything whatsoever about how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News. So, no, the topic is not about that.

But let’s assume you are correct. What is your solution? Or is this just complaining for the sake of complaining?
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:03 am

VTKillarney wrote:
casinterest wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Anyone who knows the slightest bit about politics knows that the moderates decide presidential elections more than party bases do. Obama captured moderates in droves. Hillary could not.

The base is going to vote along party lines. That’s always been the case. It’s the moderates that are the movers. Trump appealed to moderates because in many ways he ran as a moderate.

Even VOX has figured this out. And they HATE Trump.
https://www.vox.com/2019/7/2/20677656/d ... sm-penalty

Back to the topic at hand: Are there people on this forum who actually think that government should decide what can be reported and how it must be reported? Assuming the answer is no, you can complain all you want about FOX News, but at the end of the day you are merely complaining because a free society doesn’t always cater to your personal preferences. I don’t have much sympathy for that type of complaint.

The topic at hand is how little the Republican party ventuires outside of the "Fair and Balanced" shield, and how much Fox News and Republicans reinforce this by calling all other channels "fake news", especially when those news channels report on items that crush the bubble that has been created by this parasitic relationship. The trend has accelerated and worsened under the Trump administration, and has led to a world where Republicans are abandoning long held stances in favor of irrational fears created by that relationship.

The chart posted by the OP doesn’t say anything whatsoever about how often Republicans venturing outside of Fox News. So, no, the topic is not about that.

But let’s assume you are correct. What is your solution? Or is this just complaining for the sake of complaining?


The chart along with the links I provided say exactly that.
This thread is a note of information to highlight why Republicans are rather oblivious to the real world. They have retreated to an world where they are willingly manipulated by a single trusted source, that tends to lie rather badly. Especially when you see that over 30% of Republicans trust what Hannity, or Limbaugh have to say on their news radio shows, where they play host to some of the most unfounded conspiracy theories.

The information present will hopefully get people to seek out more information instead of isolating themselves into a world where Fox News has the fist and last say. That world is dangerous for the future of the Republican party.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:07 am

Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News?

As for the links, inasmuch as they address that you are greatly exaggerating the issue. Fox News is not Breitbart. Far from it. Do they lean to the right? No question. Are they generally accurate in their reporting? Absolutely.
Last edited by VTKillarney on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am

VTKillarney wrote:
let’s assume you are correct. What is your solution?

There is no "solution" since the people are actively excluding additional news resources or are unable understand that multiple sources with varying sources are important to understanding any news. Unless those person that limit themselves to very few news options become willing to engage with other sources there is little that can be done.

From my discussions with some people, for the most part they appear to want to confirm what they believe/are thinking and don't want to have to think about things much. One source, one view, one story, that is all they want often. They do not want to have go figure out things that are confusing or have two different viewpoints and then have to decide using critical thinking, which is credible.

In general I can argue rings around them and they do not want to engage after a few minutes as they do not have a good breadth of information to engage with.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News?

Wow, it appears you are working to misinterpret it. Here, read it again:
Image
For trusted news sources (as limited by what is noted in the image) Republicans gave two sources. Significantly less that other groups that were engaged.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:16 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News?

As for the links, inasmuch as they address that you are greatly exaggerating the issue. Fox News is not Breitbart. Far from it. Do they lean to the right? No question. Are they generally accurate in their reporting? Absolutely.


There is much more causality within those links than are comfortable for Republicans to look into. Fox news is not Breitbart, bur how many of the poeple that watch Fox news watch during the news? The Nielsen's show that the viewership is far higher during the opinion hours where "Fake" Breaking news banners scroll across the screen, and the crackpots reign.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:18 am

Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News?

Wow, it appears you are working to misinterpret it. Here, read it again:
Image
For trusted news sources (as limited by what is noted in the image) Republicans gave two sources. Significantly less that other groups that were engaged.

Tugg

Okay. I read it again as you asked. Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? I still can’t find it.

Trusting a source is not analogous to solely viewing that source. You are reading something into the chart that simply isn’t there.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:24 am

VTKillarney wrote:
Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News?

Wow, it appears you are working to misinterpret it. Here, read it again:
Image
For trusted news sources (as limited by what is noted in the image) Republicans gave two sources. Significantly less that other groups that were engaged.

Tugg

Okay. Where in the chart does it say how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? Trusting a source is not analogous to solely viewing that source.

Again, you are working at not understanding it appears. Trusting is key to anything like this. I can name all the stores I have seen or visited but it is worthless if I wont' buy anything from most since I don't trust them.

Trusting sources is the core of how most people operate. Isn't that the case for you? Or to do you actually buy from places you don't trust, and believe people you don't trust? I can manage getting things from a source I don't trust only after research and finding for certain things another source I do trust says it is OK. Think of buying from a 3rd party seller you've never heard of on Amazon, you don't buy unless you know someone who has and is recommending it or you research the reviews on the item you want and decide for that thing you can trust it enough to take the risk.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:29 am

You didn’t answer my question. Where does the chart tell us how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? I’m still not seeing it.

An allegation was made by the OP that it’s somewhere in the chart.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 10412
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:06 am

VTKillarney wrote:
You didn’t answer my question. Where does the chart tell us how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? I’m still not seeing it.

An allegation was made by the OP that it’s somewhere in the chart.

Again, the information is there, you are just refusing to actually look at the opening post or review the information provided. So I shall place in front of you:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... s-sources/

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:10 am

Tugger wrote:
VTKillarney wrote:
You didn’t answer my question. Where does the chart tell us how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? I’m still not seeing it.

An allegation was made by the OP that it’s somewhere in the chart.

Again, the information is there, you are just refusing to actually look at the opening post or review the information provided. So I shall place in front of you:
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... s-sources/

Tugg

I read the article. I’m just confused as to why people are misrepresenting that particular chart.

Fox News is generally accurate, so this is really much ado about nothing.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:24 am

It’s true. Fox News is generally accurate, as is MSNBC. I know that this disturbs people who want to live in their own echo chamber, but it’s the reality.

So again, much ado about nothing.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:20 am

VTKillarney wrote:
It’s true. Fox News is generally accurate, as is MSNBC. I know that this disturbs people who want to live in their own echo chamber, but it’s the reality.

So again, much ado about nothing.


No generally neither is. Only during their news broadcasts themselves are they close to accurate, but in the prime times when most of their viewers are watching, they are spewing partisan lies and yarns. You only need look at the impeachment headlines to see the lies. Or just turn on Hannity. Hanniity lies almost as often as the President.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Topic Author
Posts: 11289
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:23 am

VTKillarney wrote:
You didn’t answer my question. Where does the chart tell us how often Republicans venture outside of Fox News? I’m still not seeing it.

An allegation was made by the OP that it’s somewhere in the chart.


It doesn't matter how "often" they venture out, especially if they have no trust in the other sources. You are failing to comprehend the jist of the slides. It has gotten worse since 2014, when only 41% "Trusted" Fox news above all other sources. The Fox News<---->Republican echo chamber is only getting worse, and it matters highly for those times when political stories are not accurately portrayed.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
VTKillarney
Posts: 1939
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:54 am

Again, complaining about this boils down to complaining about a free society. That’s not something I am willing to complain about. YMMV.
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:47 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Again, complaining about this boils down to complaining about a free society. That’s not something I am willing to complain about. YMMV.


But there's no such thing as too much mileage when it comes to, er, complaining about complaining.
Last edited by jetero on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 1096
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:54 pm

VTKillarney wrote:
Again, complaining about this boils down to complaining about a free society. That’s not something I am willing to complain about. YMMV.


Yes, its a free country, we have freedoms to select or choose what we want. The irony of this is that the same counter argument is used when Trump criticizes the press an their bias. Here we have an argument against FOX news just because they lean conservative/republican. Exactly the same kind of protest Trump uses, why don't we just leave things as they are? and stop pretending we care only because its the other side?

If the OP is so worried about 'connection' and 'brainwashing' from a political group, he should then ask the same question about CNN or MSNBC. Or lets go farther, how about Russia Today or RT which has a direct connection to Putin's Russia, or Al jazeera owned by the Qatari government, is there any threat there?
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister
 
jetero
Posts: 4673
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Fox News-Republican party connection is confirmed

Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:00 pm

Now this is entertainment!

Or fodder for psychological journals.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArchGuy1 and 58 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos