Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

426Shadow
Topic Author

Johnny Depp Vindicated

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:14 am

I don't follow celebrities or celebrity gossip but i recently found out Amber heard has basically ruined Johnny Depp's career through domestic abuse allegations.

Plot twist: In a recording from 2015 it appears that he was telling the truth all along that she was the abuser (or at least the one who throws the first blows).

Where are all the #Metoo SJW's when you need them?

https://perezhilton.com/johnny-depp-amb ... recording/
We are all just fanboys, our opinions don't make or break businesses.

NIKV69

Re: Johnny Depp Vindicated

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:17 am

I never liked her!
I am the Googlizer!!!

ltbewr

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:26 am

Amber Herd is a good looking woman, but she may have some serious mental health/psychological problems. It is likely her career is going to go downhill very fast.

Aesma

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:03 am

Wow that relationship seem to have been really crappy !

Amber was really hot in All the Boys Love Mandy Lane.

I see that that movie was produced by Weinstein, I wonder if something happened between the two, causing her to become unhinged like that ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Aaron747

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:43 am

If a woman is abusive, you leave them, not do stuff that might turn the law’s attention back on you. Lots of us have done that.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

stl07

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:46 am

426Shadow wrote:

Men, in some rare cases, can say metoo as well like our fellow did here. No need to start drama.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

TheFlyingDisk

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:32 pm

stl07 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Men, in some rare cases, can say metoo as well like our fellow did here. No need to start drama.

Problem is, Johnny Depp's case is not receiving the same amount of attention it would have if the roles are reversed.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

A101

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
stl07 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Problem is, Johnny Depp's case is not receiving the same amount of attention it would have if the roles are reversed.

Agree:double standards

WIederling

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:49 am

the thing to learn here is:

don't judge reflexively.
take a cortical pause.
See if the information presented has substance
and also look into reasons for why someone
could want to "taint" the field.

Most "adrenalined up, emotionally strong"
news are carefully crafted fakes.
Murphy is an optimist

DeltaMD90

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:08 pm

I think the problem here is this entire scenario fits too well with some people's agenda and not at all in others.

Let's be real, the reason many (not all) people care about this story is so they can whip it out against any woman that claims abuse... But not in a productive way, as a blanket dismissal of the whole issue

On the other hand, I have a feeling many (not all) are reluctant to acknowledge this wrongdoing because they go overboard on grabbing the pitchforks whenever a guy is accused of sexual misconduct (with nothing else concrete.)

I second Wlederling... when something happens, instead of instantly digging in to one camp (completely dismissing the girl and whipping out rare examples such as this one) or the other (ruining the guys career at the very first unverified hint of an accusation), we need to listen to the woman, take her seriously, and then think through everything.

"I don't know [yet]" is a perfectly fine thing to say, something not said enough. People are so 100% sure of themselves with almost no information a second after they hear news, and it's suspiciously in line with the rest of their political bent...

seb146

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:45 pm

426Shadow wrote:
I don't follow celebrities or celebrity gossip but i recently found out Amber heard has basically ruined Johnny Depp's career through domestic abuse allegations.

Plot twist: In a recording from 2015 it appears that he was telling the truth all along that she was the abuser (or at least the one who throws the first blows).

Could you please explain what domestic violence has to do with these two politically charged terms?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

426Shadow
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:16 pm

seb146 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Could you please explain what domestic violence has to do with these two politically charged terms?

Google It.

I don't owe anyone here anything. I just presented some info, I'm not riding for any cause.

SL1200MK2

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:34 pm

426Shadow wrote:
seb146 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Google It.

I don't owe anyone here anything. I just presented some info, I'm not riding for any cause.

I just Googled it and while I already knew what it was all about, I still wanted to check to refresh. #metoo relates sexual harassment and sexual assault whereas this situation is a matter of domestic violence. You certainly don't owe anyone anything. However, typically, discussion forums are there for, as the name implies, discussion. So, the fact that someone asked for clarification to something you said can be seen a normal part of any discussion.

That said, it does *seem* as if you are indeed riding for a cause.

DLFREEBIRD

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 pm

this was a painful thread to read because it's private and nobody business but theirs. I never thought he hit her, because of the way he's handled himself in past relationships. While apparently, he pushed her away, that's not the same as hitting her. Regarding her, I hope she gets counseling, to figure out what keeps trigging her.

TSS

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:12 am

As usual, Aba & Preach do a pretty good job of breaking down the situation including excerpts from the tape and touch on why it's such a frustrating, no-win situation to be falsely accused and have everyone believe your accuser with zero proof:

Woketivists get it wrong | Johnny Depp & Amber Heard audio- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOP9nmzKDww
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

Kiwirob

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:40 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
stl07 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Johnny was equally to blame, they were both not good for each other. He might be a talented guy but he continues to play the same role over and over, a bit like Jack Nicholas, and he interviews badly, I can't say I have much if any sympathy for either of them.

Aesma

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:49 am

Personally if they're both throwing things at each other but are happy about it, or end up separating amicably, I don't care, and I won't blame anybody for anything. If one of the two sues the other it's when things are not alright.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

tommy1808

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:00 am

426Shadow wrote:
seb146 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Google It.

actually the Forum rules require you to provide sources...

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I think the problem here is this entire scenario fits too well with some people's agenda and not at all in others.

Let's be real, the reason many (not all) people care about this story is so they can whip it out against any woman that claims abuse... But not in a productive way, as a blanket dismissal of the whole issue

On the other hand, I have a feeling many (not all) are reluctant to acknowledge this wrongdoing because they go overboard on grabbing the pitchforks whenever a guy is accused of sexual misconduct (with nothing else concrete.).

In a time where a career can be destroyed by as much as politely asking a woman in an elevator if she´d interested in talking some more in the Hotel room and have breakfast together it is not that surprising that some folks generalize women making an Elephant out of nothing.

best regards
Thomas
Well, there is prophecy in the bible after all: 2 Timothy 3:1-6

Braybuddy

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:09 am

Which only proves that claims of abuse without any supporting evidence should be taken at face value. The #MeToo movement has been all too quick to automatically believe the woman, which has led to the absurd -- and dangerous -- idea of #IBelieveHer.

seb146

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:14 pm

426Shadow wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Google It.

I read the link you provided in the first post and also other reports. Depp was in an abusive relationship where she was the abuser. You are riding for a cause. Hate of metoo and SJW. You brought them into this topic. So, again I ask: what does Depp's case have to do with metoo or SJW? Please show us. You said it, now back it up.

CitizenJustin

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:17 pm

426Shadow wrote:

The #MeToo movement has ignored male victims. Apparently, only women can be victims in this society, even though 1 in 6 males are the victim of some type of sexual crime.

seb146

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:39 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

The #MeToo movement has ignored male victims. Apparently, only women can be victims in this society, even though 1 in 6 males are the victim of some type of sexual crime.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... -interview
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 807577001/

If 1000 metoo victims are put together in a room and one is man that does not mean men are silenced. Everyone will notice the 999 women. Because there are so few men speaking about their assault does not mean they are forgotten or ignored. For some men, it is shameful. For others, they do not want to be put in that position of victim.

This Depp case, again, has absolutely zero to do with metoo. Except the OP wants it to.

This whole thing about starting the thread framed by metoo and SJW is we are now talking about sexual assault and rape instead of women can be abusers in relationships. The whole point to metoo was to point out the sexual exploitation of young, inexperienced people by (nearly always) men in positions of power. The metoo movement was born out of the sexual assault and rape allegations brought against Harvey Weinstein.

I know I just gave the OP the answer I was looking for but this really irritates me. One has nothing to do with the other.

And, for the record, SJW is a right wing term made up so they can whine about not feeling special. Recall they used Milo and Ben Carson to demand SJW support Republicans and right wing ideas. Again, has absolutely zero to do with Johnny Depp being in an abusive relationship.

426Shadow
Topic Author

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:32 pm

seb146 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Google It.

I read the link you provided in the first post and also other reports. Depp was in an abusive relationship where she was the abuser. You are riding for a cause. Hate of metoo and SJW. You brought them into this topic. So, again I ask: what does Depp's case have to do with metoo or SJW? Please show us. You said it, now back it up.

You see how many posts I have? If you think I'm the live on here and argue for the rest of eternity type, that's how long you are going to be waiting. Go ahead and feel like you won if you want, I'm not providing you a damn thing. Good day.

TSS

Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:57 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
If a woman is abusive, you leave them, not do stuff that might turn the law’s attention back on you. Lots of us have done that.

The problem with that theory is that in the current climate women can, and some women actually do, make false accusations out of spite that are taken completely seriously despite a total lack of evidence of any kind. It would kinda sting a bit to get abused, leave, get falsely accused, then lose your job, friends, and possibly even get put in jail for something you did not do... and then even if evidence surfaces that overturns your conviction and you get released, your false accuser is never prosecuted and gets to walk around free as a bird like nothing ever happened.

Further developments in the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case:

Amber Heard BRAGS No One Will Believe Johnny Depp Because She Is A Woman- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5VAiDMKXVY
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

seb146

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:42 pm

426Shadow wrote:
seb146 wrote:
426Shadow wrote:

Google It.

You see how many posts I have? If you think I'm the live on here and argue for the rest of eternity type, that's how long you are going to be waiting. Go ahead and feel like you won if you want, I'm not providing you a damn thing. Good day.

Apology accepted.

Sokes

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 pm

TSS wrote:
The problem with that theory is that in the current climate women can, and some women actually do, make false accusations out of spite that are taken completely seriously despite a total lack of evidence of any kind. It would kinda sting a bit to get abused, leave, get falsely accused, then lose your job, friends, and possibly even get put in jail for something you did not do... and then even if evidence surfaces that overturns your conviction and you get released, your false accuser is never prosecuted and gets to walk around free as a bird like nothing ever happened.

I also wonder why the women are assumed to be the victims. It's a problem of mental health. I agree a man with paranoia is worse for a woman than a woman with paranoia for a man. He can kick her down the steps, she rather can't. But apart from intensity I would assume an aggressor distribution of 50:50 between the sexes.

When playing cards for money there is a rule: what one charges too much one has to pay back double. So if a woman accuses a man of a crime that deserves 5 years prison and is caught lying, 10 years for her sounds about right.
Alternatively the government can put her on a list of people who can't file criminal cases against others.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

mrgrtt123

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:40 am

I have never been a fan of Amber Heard, she is crazy.