Interesting day for some BA pax on JFK-LHR

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/uk/david ... index.html
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

Redd

Re: David Cameron's bodyguard leaves loaded gun in loo of BA flight

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 am

Best part of the article....

The incident isn't the first time Cameron's team has misplaced something important. In 2012, Downing Street confirmed that the then-prime minister had accidentally left his 8-year-old daughter in a pub.

readytotaxi

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Not only did he leave his gun, but he left his and her passports there, imagine if they were taken.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

T4thH

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Ok, I can understand, that the bodyguard believed that the lavatory is really smelly after he....has left.

But to leave the loaded gun on the lavatory for the next passenger, so he/she can shoot a hole through the window, to get fresh air, is now really a little bit exaggerated. :rotfl:

Left a loaded gun + passports on a lavatory anywhere...someone shall be given a chance to look for a new job opportunity, minimum he has to be replaced by another one.
Last edited by T4thH on Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MEA-707

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Does Cameron really still need bodyguards? Is he on hitlists? I am just asking. I mean past US presidents or say Thatcher were still hated by some. Blair also seems more controversial still. But In Holland or Scandinavia you can just see current or past (prime) ministers on the streets and in public transport without protection.
nobody has ever died from hard work, but why take the risk?

oldannyboy

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:22 pm

MEA-707 wrote:
Does Cameron really still need bodyguards? Is he on hitlists? I am just asking. I mean past US presidents or say Thatcher were still hated by some. Blair also seems more controversial still. But In Holland or Scandinavia you can just see current or past (prime) ministers on the streets and in public transport without protection.

Rest assured, there's plenty of resentment towards that man, and there probably will be for decades. And for good reasons. He is behind some of the most unpopular, painful and punishing political decisions and agendas since Thatcher's times.

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:23 am

oldannyboy wrote:
MEA-707 wrote:

Rest assured, there's plenty of resentment towards that man, and there probably will be for decades. And for good reasons. He is behind some of the most unpopular, painful and punishing political decisions and agendas since Thatcher's times.

Might be a good idea to remove the guards. If politicians knew their decisions put targets on their back, they might be more careful. Of course, they should be armed to even things up.

oldannyboy

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:42 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
MEA-707 wrote:

Might be a good idea to remove the guards. If politicians knew their decisions put targets on their back, they might be more careful. Of course, they should be armed to even things up.

Absolutely. Fully agree. Politicians should be made RESPONSIBLE for the actions they take. After all they are paid hugely, and are entitled to unthinkable and guaranteed life-long benefits. And ultimately it's so unfair for taxpayers to be burdened with costs associated with protecting scumbags.

FlyingColours

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:44 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
MEA-707 wrote:

Be careful with this mate, I had a visit from the Police a few years back for suggesting something similar...

Regarding the incident at hand, the copper has to be sacked I mean it's not just leaving a loaded firearm behind its leaving it on an aircraft!

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

oldannyboy

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:30 pm

FlyingColours wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:

Be careful with this mate, I had a visit from the Police a few years back for suggesting something similar...

Regarding the incident at hand, the copper has to be sacked I mean it's not just leaving a loaded firearm behind its leaving it on an aircraft!

Phil
FlyingColours

That's fine, I can deal with that. Having lost a much beloved job precisely BECAUSE of Mr Cameron's spending cuts has left me indeed very embittered. In any instance I am not suggesting someone goes after the man, I am merely saying he doesn't deserve taxpayer's money spent on protecting him.

GDB

Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:16 pm

MEA-707 wrote:

EVERY British PM since Harold Wilson has had life time bodyguards, when Wilson entered No.10 first in 1964 it was low key, not for the rest of their lives, since the UK was almost entirely free of political violence, it was really in case of the odd 'nutter'.
Wilson would introduce his burly Special Branch Bodyguard, 'this is Fred, his job is to shoot anyone who shoots me!'.
However after 1969 and the troubles in Northern Ireland, along with the emergence of Mid East terrorism, this changed. (Wilson had sent the troops in, reluctantly in 1969 to prevent the troubles turning into a full scale civil war in the Province.

As the IRA campaign spread to the mainland security was stepped up, Home and later Northern Ireland Secretaries, being responsible for law and order, also got life time cover.
There was also the odd amateur hour home grown types, like the early 70's Angry Brigade, who made the SLA in the US look effective.

Worth noting at this stage that the 2017 Westminster Bridge terrorist was killed by The Defence Secretaries bodyguards who were waiting out side the Commons for him to join them, when they glocked some sense into the Westminster attacker as they were nearby.

As for Cameron, walking accident from the start, his Daughter, this, not to mention that great idea he had for a Referendum, even after his closest political friend George Osbourne begged him not to, so did (ironically) one Mr Junker who warned him in 2014, 'do this and you will lose'.