User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:07 am

afcjets wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I am worried about the state of our morality when we have people defending the greatest habitual liar in US History, defending lies with with more lies. Untruths with more untruths and committing the greatest cover up in this century.

Rather than worry about Trump lying about making the world's greatest vodka perhaps look to what the two biggest threats leaders in your party are worried about. They are worried Barr and Durham are going to expose the illegal spying and framing of a presidential candidate and president at the highest levels of the justice department of the previous administration, so even though impeachment was a certain failure which hurt them politically, it kept the likely real crimes out of the news cycle until they can come up with something else. They are also worried about Bernie Sanders who is likely to win the DNC.
They act shocked enough young people actually believe all the stuff they have been force feeding them their entire lives. Or worry that Bernie could actually beat Trump and what that actually could mean for this country, the reality, not your ideological fantasy.


What are you drinking, surely not just Kool Ade ?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:34 am

Our bills.

More important, can the Canucks keep the grueling pace through the playoffs and get their names engraved on Lord Stanley's Cup? They are second in the conference. Will they face Toronto in the playoffs? I have my rally towel at the ready!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8718
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:35 am

Getting hired by an airline (one in particular, I'll give you three guesses ;) ). Been my goal my entire life, getting close but the actual application/interview process is pretty daunting

Being a good father
 
CaptHadley
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:16 pm

“Afcjets” wrote:
Rather than worry about Trump lying about making the world's greatest vodka perhaps look to what the two biggest threats leaders in your party are worried about. They are worried Barr and Durham are going to expose the illegal spying and framing of a presidential candidate and president at the highest levels of the justice department of the previous administration, so even though impeachment was a certain failure which hurt them politically, it kept the likely real crimes out of the news cycle until they can come up with something else. They are also worried about Bernie Sanders who is likely to win the DNC.
They act shocked enough young people actually believe all the stuff they have been force feeding them their entire lives. Or worry that Bernie could actually beat Trump and what that actually could mean for this country, the reality, not your ideological fantasy.


Damn son, you seriously need to wander on downtown, find the nearest corner, slap a twenty into her hand, relax and let your thoughts just melt away. Way too much one track thinking. It’s not healthy!!
 
anrec80
Posts: 2416
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:54 pm

mrgrtt123 wrote:
I worrying that I buy things that I want rather than what I need.


Yepp - same here, too often unfortunately.
 
Cadet985
Posts: 2188
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:45 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:33 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
I’m worried about never finding a job or female companionship.

Marc


Did you try lowering your standards? It makes both things easier to find.


My standards can’t get any lower. Not that they were high to begin with — especially with women. I used to have a list of desired criteria...they’re all basically out the window.

Aaron747 wrote:
Cadet985 wrote:
I’m worried about never finding a job or female companionship.

Marc


These things are completely within your control to solve provided you have not given up. If you have, you need to admit it to yourself and make other arrangements for how you plan to live life. Learning to code or crunch statistics would be a start...and can be learned from home.


My house is a prison to me; I’m trapped here.

It’s been suggested I learn coding, but I’m terrible with that stuff, and when it comes to statistics I was never good with math.

Marc
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
My standards can’t get any lower. Not that they were high to begin with — especially with women. I used to have a list of desired criteria...they’re all basically out the window.



In that case, I feel bad for you, but do not have anything further to offer. I was just thinking that in my experience, the issue is not finding women, but finding ones I would actually like to spend significant time with.

I did note that these things were made easier for me when I stopped expecting one woman to handle everything I wanted in a partner and still remain interesting. So these days, I have made myself ok with the idea that there are different women for different missions.
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."
 
bgm
Posts: 2294
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:17 pm

slider wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I am worried about the state of our morality when we have people defending the greatest habitual liar in US History, defending lies with with more lies. Untruths with more untruths and committing the greatest cover up in this century.


I bet you're fun at parties.


I bet you’re never even invited to parties. :duck:

As other have said, I’m worried about the rise of populism and the very Orwellian denying the facts before your eyes and ears. Especially in the US, where you have a repugnant piece of garbage that is destroying the US institutions one by one. Lie after lie after lie, and his vile supporters lap it up. I sincerely hope there is a change of leadership come November otherwise the US is royally screwed.
OK boomer.
 
anrec80
Posts: 2416
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:35 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
My standards can’t get any lower. Not that they were high to begin with — especially with women. I used to have a list of desired criteria...they’re all basically out the window.


I don’t think standards in women department should be low, even though I share the same worry. Otherwise you will be simply used, taken advantage of and thrown out of the window. Or - simply viewed and used as a solution of certain problems, nothing more.

Cadet985 wrote:

My house is a prison to me; I’m trapped here.

It’s been suggested I learn coding, but I’m terrible with that stuff, and when it comes to statistics I was never good with math.

Marc


I am a software developer, and I don’t know if learning to code will help you anyhow in women’s department. Yes, it brings money and will help you support a family. However, this job is all about strictly precise communication. Plus, it can be stressful. It tends to put emotional and social side of you onto the back burner completely. Not only that doesn’t help in building social relations, it can also be an explosive mix to existing relationships even with people who know you well and have been knowing you for a long time.

I did have some severe failures in the latter, including my last relationship - which got to the point of my fiancée returning me the ring.
 
frmrCapCadet
Posts: 3538
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:14 pm

Can't remember whether it was here or somewhere else: 1/3rd of people in any society would like to destroy/kill their opponents, 1/3rd support liberal democratic/republican ideals, and the last third are oblivious/don't care/uncertain. Worrisome.
Buffet: the airline business...has eaten up capital...like..no other (business)
 
Thunderbolt500
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:01 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Cornavirus
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am

I am worried about our descent into dictatorship, too, but I guess I am trying to distract myself. Trying to find a couple of non-political threads.

The Cancuks are on a hot streak and just placed several legendary players in the Ring Of Honour including the Sedin twins.

I am also worried if the one place that sold Labatt and Kokanee here will still sell it come playoff time...
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
MrHMSH
Posts: 2492
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:42 am

Worried a bit about money, here in Vietnam schools have been closed for two weeks due to coronavirus, and I've just got back from a money-sapping trip of North Vietnam and Japan. I'll also have to begin the new job process again at some point, or else extending my time here.
 
1989worstyear
Posts: 816
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:49 am

Jouhou wrote:
Wondering why my employer can't do more than the bare minimum for meeting regulations to keep our facilities sanitary, I have my second cold in 3 weeks. We keep getting sick too often. Not enough sick time to stay out of work and not infect others. It's lame.


With everyone freaking out about covid I'm surprised employers don't provide some kind of leniency.

Money above all...
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:10 am

1989worstyear wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Wondering why my employer can't do more than the bare minimum for meeting regulations to keep our facilities sanitary, I have my second cold in 3 weeks. We keep getting sick too often. Not enough sick time to stay out of work and not infect others. It's lame.


With everyone freaking out about covid I'm surprised employers don't provide some kind of leniency.

Money above all...


Also the fact that influenza just swept through our workplace the past couple of weeks and everyone got at least a little sick and a couple who didn't get flu shots got extremely sick (probably B/Victoria which the vaccine is only halfway matched to the circulating virus) and were out for a week. That's lost productivity. I didn't realize it was influenza until the people who were out came back this week. Management would have known why they were out, you'd think they would realize it was impacting productivity.
情報
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Jouhou wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
Wondering why my employer can't do more than the bare minimum for meeting regulations to keep our facilities sanitary, I have my second cold in 3 weeks. We keep getting sick too often. Not enough sick time to stay out of work and not infect others. It's lame.


With everyone freaking out about covid I'm surprised employers don't provide some kind of leniency.

Money above all...


Also the fact that influenza just swept through our workplace the past couple of weeks and everyone got at least a little sick and a couple who didn't get flu shots got extremely sick (probably B/Victoria which the vaccine is only halfway matched to the circulating virus) and were out for a week. That's lost productivity. I didn't realize it was influenza until the people who were out came back this week. Management would have known why they were out, you'd think they would realize it was impacting productivity.


Jouhou, I don't know if you live in the States, but I realized long ago that as long as there are people showing up to work, management believes productivity should remain the same. We had the flu come through here a couple of weeks ago. I was well enough to get out of bed and take care of things but the brosband stayed in bed for a few days. We had it better than many others, but it was still a pain.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2371
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:

With everyone freaking out about covid I'm surprised employers don't provide some kind of leniency.

Money above all...


Also the fact that influenza just swept through our workplace the past couple of weeks and everyone got at least a little sick and a couple who didn't get flu shots got extremely sick (probably B/Victoria which the vaccine is only halfway matched to the circulating virus) and were out for a week. That's lost productivity. I didn't realize it was influenza until the people who were out came back this week. Management would have known why they were out, you'd think they would realize it was impacting productivity.


Jouhou, I don't know if you live in the States, but I realized long ago that as long as there are people showing up to work, management believes productivity should remain the same. We had the flu come through here a couple of weeks ago. I was well enough to get out of bed and take care of things but the brosband stayed in bed for a few days. We had it better than many others, but it was still a pain.


Except they aren't showing up. That's the problem. Instead they'll investigate people for questionable leave usage of they don't have a doctor's note. Our management got where they are by kissing ass, not from being masters of making people productive.
情報
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9945
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:08 pm

Red or white?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:09 am

casinterest wrote:
Red or white?


There actually has not been the selection of pear cider as there has been in years past. I know I live in a cultural wasteland but c'mon. Pears are as much an Oregon thing as hops and cherries and wheat!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
CarlosSi
Posts: 627
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:16 pm

Pretty much just hoping I can decide to leave my job sooner than later if I can get the funds sooner. Not always fond of it..
 
anrec80
Posts: 2416
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:50 am

Re: What are you worrying about right now?

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:47 am

casinterest wrote:
Red or white?


A good worry; I like that!!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CPH-R, hkg82, JJJ, melpax and 60 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos