User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:24 pm

NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:
And you agree that family giving you what you want like choice military service and money does not elevate someone to hero status.


I completely agree. But show me where I ever indicated something to the contrary.

Aaron747 was just incorrectly saying that we haven't had a veteran POTUS since Bush 41, and I was correcting him.


I can go back and look, but I believe he was referring to war veterans who saw active duty. Like Eisenhower and GHWB and Kennedy.


NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Republicans keep whining and screaming that people have to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and do for themselves before others take them down. Like Buttigieg or Obama. But, when people actually do what Republicans want, they whine and complain about it. Republicans have what you all want with Buttigieg. And you all still hate him. Veteran. Check. Came from nothing. Check. Not a career politicians. Check. White. Check. Christian. Check. Sides with Israel. Check. And, yet, he is hated by Republicans. Wonder why.


Yeah, gee, it's almost as if Republicans don't care for leftist policy positions. Go figure...

But, for the record, I don't care about race when it comes to my President. I'd vote for Condi or Colin Powell in a heartbeat. (In fact, I'd prefer either one over the goober we currently have.)


I keep seeing Republicans say "I would vote for.....instead of the current occupant if given the chance". Well, you all have the chance. Write in a name. Any name. Condi or Powell or Rubio or Romney. Yes, you all can do that if you all hate him so much. Go on. Do it. The world will thank you.

Another Republican talking point is "but 'liberals' HAVE to like (Republican candidate) because they are (minority)". Well, no. And now you understand. It's almost like we do not care for Republican policy positions. Go figure.....
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NoTime
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:
And you agree that family giving you what you want like choice military service and money does not elevate someone to hero status.


I completely agree. But show me where I ever indicated something to the contrary.

Aaron747 was just incorrectly saying that we haven't had a veteran POTUS since Bush 41, and I was correcting him.


I can go back and look, but I believe he was referring to war veterans who saw active duty. Like Eisenhower and GHWB and Kennedy.


I even provided the link to his post. That's not what he typed.


seb146 wrote:
I keep seeing Republicans say "I would vote for.....instead of the current occupant if given the chance". Well, you all have the chance. Write in a name. Any name. Condi or Powell or Rubio or Romney. Yes, you all can do that if you all hate him so much. Go on. Do it. The world will thank you.


Nope. Because as annoying as Trump is, he's infinitely better than anyone the Democrats are going to put on the ticket. Attempting to write-in Condi or Powell will only negate my vote. I might as well not go to the polling station in that case. I would've voted for Tulsi over Trump without hesitation, but the establishment Dems have pretty much ended her chances.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 9695
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 pm

NoTime wrote:
Nope. Because as annoying as Trump is, he's infinitely better than anyone the Democrats are going to put on the ticket.

Actually that is not true, Trump is a poor president and has been terrible for our nation. He is not just annoying, he is destructive and has proven that he does not have the ability to govern effectively nor in any way unite a nation. He can't even actually unite his adopted party (the Dems are uniting the Republicans far more than Trump is, Trump is divisive).

So he is not at all "infinitely better".

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:07 am

NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I keep seeing Republicans say "I would vote for.....instead of the current occupant if given the chance". Well, you all have the chance. Write in a name. Any name. Condi or Powell or Rubio or Romney. Yes, you all can do that if you all hate him so much. Go on. Do it. The world will thank you.


Nope. Because as annoying as Trump is, he's infinitely better than anyone the Democrats are going to put on the ticket. Attempting to write-in Condi or Powell will only negate my vote. I might as well not go to the polling station in that case. I would've voted for Tulsi over Trump without hesitation, but the establishment Dems have pretty much ended her chances.


Nope. Republicans keep complaining about all the Democratic candidates AND they complain about Republican candidates. So, as I said, nominate a strong Republican candidate. Nominate someone who moderates and independents will actually think about voting for. The current guy is so toxic and hateful and horrific that only a small group are over the top for him. In the privacy of the voting booth, he will loose. So, nominate a Republican everyone will at least consider.

I know I would have considered Rubio.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NoTime
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I keep seeing Republicans say "I would vote for.....instead of the current occupant if given the chance". Well, you all have the chance. Write in a name. Any name. Condi or Powell or Rubio or Romney. Yes, you all can do that if you all hate him so much. Go on. Do it. The world will thank you.


Nope. Because as annoying as Trump is, he's infinitely better than anyone the Democrats are going to put on the ticket. Attempting to write-in Condi or Powell will only negate my vote. I might as well not go to the polling station in that case. I would've voted for Tulsi over Trump without hesitation, but the establishment Dems have pretty much ended her chances.


Nope. Republicans keep complaining about all the Democratic candidates AND they complain about Republican candidates. So, as I said, nominate a strong Republican candidate. Nominate someone who moderates and independents will actually think about voting for.


OK, hold my coffee while I go out and nominate someone... :roll:

In the privacy of the voting booth, he will loose.


Doubtful. The economy is cranking along at great levels. Minority, women and youth unemployment is the lowest its been in decades. The same goes for people without a college degree. Combine that with a terrible democratic field and what (so far) appears to be lukewarm democrat enthusiasm. That's not a recipe for democratic success in November. I think Trump had a much greater chance of losing the last election than he does the next one.

So, nominate a Republican everyone will at least consider.


There's no point. Look at Romney - He was one of the most milquetoast, bland, middle-of-the-road politicians the GOP has ever nominated... and he was derided by the left as a sexist, racist, misguided buffoon that still lived in the cold war.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm

NoTime wrote:
There's no point. Look at Romney - He was one of the most milquetoast, bland, middle-of-the-road politicians the GOP has ever nominated... and he was derided by the left as a sexist, racist, misguided buffoon that still lived in the cold war.


Because he was running against Obama. Now, Romney is a million times better than the current head of the Republican party. If it came down to Romney and the current Republican administration, Romney would win in a landslide. Then, we could get back to debating policy instead of listening to self-proclaimed "Christians" defend an adultering, vengeful, greedy, lying con artist,
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NoTime
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
NoTime wrote:
There's no point. Look at Romney - He was one of the most milquetoast, bland, middle-of-the-road politicians the GOP has ever nominated... and he was derided by the left as a sexist, racist, misguided buffoon that still lived in the cold war.


Because he was running against Obama.


Oh, so since he was running against Obama, he was all of those things. Now, though, he's none of those things?

Come on, man. Your obviously hatred of Trump aside, he's the best chance the republicans have in the current political climate. If (and likely when) he wins again, the question every democrat should be asking themselves is - "What have we done wrong, that we can't beat this guy?"

Hint: It has to do with this -

Image
 
User avatar
DeltaMD90
Posts: 8718
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Re: Buttigieg support asks to withdraw her vote on learning that he's gay

Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 am

NoTime wrote:
"What have we done wrong, that we can't beat this guy?"

I think a lot of it has to do with the candidates who ran for something rather than against something.

Obama energized many, not just on the left (it helped that he was after GWB but still, there was excitement.) McCain didn't seem to have a bold vision, he was pretty bland (from what I remember)

Romney seemed to run as "not Obama" and Obama kept running, more or less, for something (again, from what I remember)

Trump... Ugh. Not a fan. But he did energize a lot of people. He had an agenda (or something). Hillary was very boring and mostly the anti-Trump (which should have been enough, but it WASN'T.)

There are a million factors at play but the Democrat candidate needs to inspire and get people to the polls.

If we lose again, let's not blame Russia for shitty memes and duping dumb Americans, let's not blame lazy millennials for not getting off their asses and voting, let's not blame the throw away voters (Stein, Bernie, or whoever it'll be in 2020.) It'll be the Democrat candidate's fault for not selling him/herself and getting people to vote for him/her

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cedarjet, OceanATC, ShanghaiNoon and 87 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos