SanDiegoLover

Re: 34 US soldiers diagnosed with critical brain injuries after Iran strike, Trump dismisses brain injuries as "headache

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:35 am

Max Q wrote:
Aesma wrote:
Max Q wrote:

Again

Look it up, Israel has an almost perfect record of intercepting and destroying all kinds of missiles, from large ballistic Scud types to smaller ‘makeshift’ rockets

Their capabilities in this respect have and are continuing to grow exponentially

I can only find scud fired in 1991 by Iraq and shot down by patriot batteries. Israel is regularly attacked by makeshift rockets, I stand my point. Lately, the patriots are mostly shooting down (or missing) UAVs that probably cost 1000 times less money than the missiles.

Google ‘Israel shoots down rockets’

Not big ICBM’s, but rockets

There is a substantial difference regarding missilery type arms and rockets. There are even large differences between ICBM and medium range missiles. Our defense systems are broken up by missile type; strategic or ICBM, theatre or medium ranged, and tactical or short range (under 50 miles).

Examples:
Short range - Patriot system (RussIan S300)
Medium - THAAD (RussIan S400 or Israeli Arrow)
ICBM - GMD (RussIan Gorgon system)

The Israeli Iron Dome is for rockets and shells.

The odds of success for each varies.

mham001

Re: 34 US soldiers diagnosed with critical brain injuries after Iran strike, Trump dismisses brain injuries as "headache

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:59 pm

Trump should have made a HUGE deal about it all so he'd have more reasons and more people clamoring to bomb Iran. yea- that's it.

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 pm

mham001 wrote:
Trump should have made a HUGE deal about it all so he'd have more reasons and more people clamoring to bomb Iran. yea- that's it.

Or he could have, you know, not lied. I realize that's a moonshot goal for him and the GOP at this point now.
E pur si muove -Galileo

jetero

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:45 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
mham001 wrote:

Or he could have, you know, not lied. I realize that's a moonshot goal for him and the GOP at this point now.

For any of you guys "tuned in" to Fox News or other right-wing fantasy rags, is this the official "party line"? He didn't mention the brain injuries to protect us from war?! The way it's being parroted around here, it has to be the case.

afcjets

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:16 pm

You might have better luck if you didn't bait your question, or perhaps that was your favorite part.

Tugger

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:25 pm

mham001 wrote:

HE's the one that made it an issue. HE's the one that order the strike and warned against any retaliation. HE could have simply said people were injured and but we don't want to escalate. But HE can't do that, HE has to make believe that it doesn't matter because it not a big deal. HE can't be honest. He CAN be and IS a poor president.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

jetero

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:25 am

afcjets wrote:
You might have better luck if you didn't bait your question, or perhaps that was your favorite part.

Simple yes or no, afcjets . . .

tommy1808

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:01 am

jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

oh, come on, you are just setting him up to debunk himself......

Can´t be the official party line, as that would include telling people those soldiers actually got brain injuries, and that Trump is downplaying that...

Quick search on foxnews.com shows:

- seemingly no mention of additional injured us Troops until this morning, just one mention of the first batch. Both articles as brief as possible.
- downplaying the injuries with whatever phrase is appropriate
- not a single mention of Trump disrespecting injured troops by calling it headache.

Fox news is the king of lying by omission.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

sonicruiser
Topic Author

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:29 am

Number of US soldiers with critical brain injuries has been updated from 34 to 50.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/politics ... index.html

jetero

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:14 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

oh, come on, you are just setting him up to debunk himself......

Can´t be the official party line, as that would include telling people those soldiers actually got brain injuries, and that Trump is downplaying that...

Quick search on foxnews.com shows:

- seemingly no mention of additional injured us Troops until this morning, just one mention of the first batch. Both articles as brief as possible.
- downplaying the injuries with whatever phrase is appropriate
- not a single mention of Trump disrespecting injured troops by calling it headache.

Fox news is the king of lying by omission.

best regards
Thomas

Hmm, maybe this theory originated on airliners.net!

Now we're in the big leagues with InfoWars, etc.! It was only a matter of time!

seb146

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:17 pm

I was scrolling through my social media feed. One of the sites I subscribe to is KGW TV from Portland. They had this story this morning. Right wing comments to the story were "these soldiers knew what they were getting into" and blaming the soldiers for this and we need to stop blaming the head of the Republican party and now need to blame the soldiers.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jetero

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
I was scrolling through my social media feed. One of the sites I subscribe to is KGW TV from Portland. They had this story this morning. Right wing comments to the story were "these soldiers knew what they were getting into" and blaming the soldiers for this and we need to stop blaming the head of the Republican party and now need to blame the soldiers.

Color me surprised!

sonicruiser
Topic Author

Defense secretary says Trump "very concerned" as toll climbs to 64 critical brain injuries from Iran strike

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:26 am

Number of brain injuries from Iran's strike has been updated from 50 to 64.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pentago ... d=68639652

seb146

Re: Defense secretary says Trump "very concerned" as toll climbs to 64 critical brain injuries from Iran strike

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:40 am

Isn't this the same guy who dismissed them as just headaches and get back to work and how dare they say anything?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

CaptHadley

Re: Updated: Defense secretary says Trump "very concerned" as toll climbs to 64 critical brain injuries from Iran strike

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:06 am

Bunch of wimps I tell ya. You ever dealt with bone spurs? Now THAT is some pain right there, almost couldn't get in my limo the pain was sooo bad.

sonicruiser
Topic Author

109 US troops diagnosed with critical brain injuries from Iran strike

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:09 pm

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military is preparing to report a more than 50% jump in cases of traumatic brain injury stemming from Iran’s missile attack on a base in Iraq last month, U.S. officials told Reuters on Monday.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of an announcement, said there were over 100 cases of TBI, up from the 64 previously reported last month.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2041ZK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZfWUq7uGg

GalaxyFlyer

Re: 109 US troops diagnosed with critical brain injuries from Iran strike

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Are you trying to push for US retaliation?

Tugger

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:53 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Are you trying to push for US retaliation?

I think it is just facts, the truth about what happened to our soldiers over there.

If you want to push for retaliation I think you are on a fools errand. But being untruthful, though the norm for Trump, is just not good policy. I can see any other president being raked over the coals for not being honest about this (can you imagine if Clinton was saying "No one was injured... ". Probes would be demanded, talk radio would be howling.

Are you even a little incensed by the situation? Even if you don't want to retaliate, why do you seemed concerned and not want facts and the truth?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

einsteinboricua

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:23 pm

Tugger wrote:
Are you even a little incensed by the situation? Even if you don't want to retaliate, why do you seemed concerned and not want facts and the truth?

Because karma's a b*tch and all the years of howling "Benghazi" are now gonna haunt them.

You know how it all went (according to them):
1. The Obama administration left the embassy poorly secured.
2. Once attacked, they held off on calling it a terror attack.
3. They become incensed when Clinton yelled "What difference does it make?" at a question that kept prodding a cause that was irrelevant (whether it was a terror attack or protests that got out of control, what's the difference at the moment of questioning? Americans died. Let's make sure it never happens again).
4. They unleash months upon months of Benghazi committees that ended up uncovering absolutely nothing (notice how now that Clinton is old news, Benghazi has faded).

Steps 1-3 have already been repeated with the Iran strike.
1. Base poorly evacuated (otherwise no one would have suffered injuries)
2. They said no one was injured
3. They attempt to defend that brain injuries is better than being dead (in other words, they're collateral damage).

Step 4 hinges on whether there was evidence that the soldiers were never evacuated in the first place and were just lucky to not get hit at all.

Of course, all the pearl clutching over Benghazi will turn to outrage...because how dare they investigate Trump for another lie about the troops and downplaying casualties.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

LCDFlight

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:42 pm

I'm interested in the word 'critical,' which I've seen several times.

Does the word critical mean that a medical doctor has said that it's a life-threatening injury? That is usually what "critically injured" means. Will it be retracted if it's false information?

This seems like an important, meaningful story. It would be a shame if there are lies in it. I hope the injuries are non critical and it is more like a mild concussion for most of the affected people, which is indeed a TBI afaik.

tommy1808

Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:04 am

sonicruiser wrote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. military is preparing to report a more than 50% jump in cases of traumatic brain injury stemming from Iran’s missile attack on a base in Iraq last month, U.S. officials told Reuters on Monday.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity ahead of an announcement, said there were over 100 cases of TBI, up from the 64 previously reported last month.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2041ZK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZfWUq7uGg

Fox News, of course, does still not mention the impeached President demeaning injured combat soldiers as having "Headaches". ....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......