GDB

Re: 34 US soldiers diagnosed with critical brain injuries after Iran strike, Trump dismisses brain injuries as "headache

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:11 pm

afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Sadly too the world's media was prevented from or didn't look for the truth of the severity of injuries to US and Iraqi soldiers, don't want the truth to get in the way of encouraging a new war front for the MIC.

Did it ever occur to you that Trump downplaying it in the media is to prevent having to get into a war with Iran?

Did it ever occur to YOU just why two of his predecessors when briefed by the military and intel experts about this guy always warned against assassinating him?
Him being a member of a government with all that entails and Trump the draft dodging military genius ignored them.

No, Trump wanted his 'getting Bin Laden moment', obsessed as he is by his immediate predecessor, also being too dumb to see the massive difference against a renegade terrorist who was a member of no government, indeed long exiled from his home nation.
Because 'one of those people' as POTUS (remember Trump's overtly racist 'he's a Kenyan Muslim' shit around the time OBL got killed?), well that's bad enough but the man who attacked the US directly being someone who this supposed 'terrorist interloper' had ordered killed?
I recall how torn the Trumps and FOX News of this world were by that.

afcjets

Re: 34 US soldiers diagnosed with critical brain injuries after Iran strike, Trump dismisses brain injuries as "headache

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:12 pm

jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that Trump downplaying it in the media is to prevent having to get into a war with Iran?

Well, if that were his real concern he could’ve started with not, er, assassinating an Iranian general.

But, sure, there’s not such a thing as too many apologists in Trump World.

He wanted to without starting a war. And so far it's working out that way.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:15 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Well, if that were his real concern he could’ve started with not, er, assassinating an Iranian general.

Ah, yes, faultless logic.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

By accident, not design. Fanboyism is unbecoming.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Are you disputing this?

Aesma wrote:
The Iranian attack came days after the assassination, right ? So there was time to prepare. I also read that the US communicated (through Switzerland) to Iran "you can retaliate, just do something proportional", so the US did expect something. And finally, Iran warned of the attack hours before launching it, and used ballistic missiles that the US could see well in advance.

Clearly, a congressional investigation is in order.
Last edited by afcjets on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:07 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Are you disputing Aesma's post?

Nobody is able to attest to that possibility here - we likely won’t know the truth for years.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Nobody is able to attest to that possibility here - we likely won’t know the truth for years.

So now you're admitting it was by design?
Last edited by afcjets on Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:18 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I suggest re-reading the post to attain full comprehension.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Yes it's obvious we won't know for certain if this leads to war for several years, but if it doesn't, it was by design, not accident, right? Or are you disputing post 40? I realize answering means you might have to admit you misspoke and perhaps why your response was ambiguous.

GDB

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:00 pm

Again, Iran does not work the way some in the US think it will.
They will wait and then do something, perhaps along the lines of this;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMIA_bombing

Not exactly in their backyard is it?
But a lot nearer for them than a lot of Trump hotels and properties.
Whatever you or I might think of that regime, they are a lot smarter than the current occupant of the Whitehouse.
(Who has sacked just about all of the military and intel experts, those that did not leave after seeing that there was no persuading this dense, spoiled child king).

My own view is that confronted with this level of recklessness and danger to those under their command, the Joint Chiefs should resign. Certainly if he tries to ramp it up again to deflect from his own domestic issues.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:02 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Yes it's obvious we won't know for certain if this leads to war for several years, but if it doesn't, it was by design, not accident, right? Or are you disputing post 40? I realize answering means you might have to admit you misspoke and perhaps why your response was ambiguous.

Did not misspeak - you’re missing the larger context from FL350.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:18 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

So you're disputing post 40.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Nope, you’re still stuck in IMC. Much bigger picture than post 40.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Then stop being ambiguous and explain how if war is avoided with Iran it's by accident not design, yet you are not disputing this?

Aesma wrote:
I also read that the US communicated (through Switzerland) to Iran "you can retaliate, just do something proportional", so the US did expect something. And finally, Iran warned of the attack hours before launching it, and used ballistic missiles that the US could see well in advance.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:01 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Then stop being ambiguous and explain how if war is avoided with Iran it's by accident not design, yet you are not disputing this?

Aesma wrote:
I also read that the US communicated (through Switzerland) to Iran "you can retaliate, just do something proportional", so the US did expect something. And finally, Iran warned of the attack hours before launching it, and used ballistic missiles that the US could see well in advance.

It was discussed at length in the Soleimani thread - this current course of events began with the unilateral junking of JPCOA, the endgame and midterm results of which were unknown - including where we are now. Visibility improved now?

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Aaron747 wrote:

It was discussed at length in the Soleimani thread - this current course of events began with the unilateral junking of JPCOA, the endgame and midterm results of which were unknown - including where we are now. Visibility improved now?

Which was also intentional and strategic by Trump, but yes, it's making more sense now. If and when a Trump policy you don't like or disagree with ends up working, it worked by accident, not design.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:14 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Which was also intentional and strategic by Trump, but yes, it's making more sense now. If and whena Trump policy you don't like or disagree with ends up working, it worked by accident, not design.

There, fixed things for you where needed emphasis was missing.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Right, but if Trump intended it to work that way and it did, you're not saying he designed it to work that way. What you're really saying is you would be surprised if any of his policies actually work and if so, it can only be by accident.

Aaron747

Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:32 pm

afcjets wrote:
Right, but if Trump intended it to work the way and it did, you're not saying he designed it to work that way. What you're really saying is you would be surprised if any of his policies actually work and if so, it can only be by accident.

I made no such statement - find the quote. I’m responding to this nonsense with Iran and the Middle East in general.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Right, but if Trump intended it to work the way and it did, you're not saying he designed it to work that way. What you're really saying is you would be surprised if any of his policies actually work and if so, it can only be by accident.
I made no such statement - find the quote. I’m responding to this nonsense with Iran and the Middle East in general.

Right here:

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
There, fixed things for you where needed emphasis was missing.
Which was also intentional and strategic by Trump, but yes, it's making more sense now. If and whena Trump policy you don't like or disagree with ends up working, it worked by accident, not design.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:44 pm

What exactly are you arguing, afcjets? That Trump knew about the attack and brilliantly allowed the brain injuries and then, as if that wasn’t brilliant enough, masterfully ignored them so there wouldn’t be a call for war?

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like a stretch at all.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:20 pm

jetero wrote:
What exactly are you arguing, afcjets? That Trump knew about the attack and brilliantly allowed the brain injuries and then, as if that wasn’t brilliant enough, masterfully ignored them so there wouldn’t be a call for war?

The first part is what was argued in post 40 by someone else and is not disputed by Aaron or me, except you're the only one saying he brilliantly allowed the brain injuries, that part was obviously tragic. The second part is exactly what I am arguing.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:25 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:

The first part is what was argued in post 40 by someone else and is not disputed by Aaron or me, except you're the only one saying he brilliantly allowed the brain injuries, that part was obviously tragic. The second part is exactly what I am arguing.

On what basis? Your “gut feel”?

MaverickM11

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:36 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

LOL wut. He lied about their injuries as a result of *his* attack so that *he* wouldn't go to war? Is that your line of reasoning here? He's strategizing to contain himself? Granted that would be infinitely more strategy than he has ever exhibited in his life up until now.
E pur si muove -Galileo

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm

jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:

If there were casaulties, we would be forced to retaliate, which would make war more likely. Downplaying the injuries means we don't have to, because no one is going to retaliate for "headaches" or even a concussion. I know all too well how serious and devastating a TBI can be and we are learning more about how serious they are as mentioned in another post. It's not worth going to war though.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:56 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
LOL wut. He lied about their injuries as a result of *his* attack so that *he* wouldn't go to war? Is that your line of reasoning here?

Yes.

MaverickM11 wrote:
He's strategizing to contain himself? Granted that would be infinitely more strategy than he has ever exhibited in his life up until now.

You mean even more than when he colluded with Russia to steal the election of President of the US from Hillary?

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:39 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

If there were casaulties, we would be forced to retaliate, which would make war more likely. Downplaying the injuries means we don't have to, because no one is going to retaliate for "headaches" or even a concussion. I know all too well how serious and devastating a TBI can be and we are learning more about how serious they are as mentioned in another post. It's not worth going to war though.

But there were casualties ...

In any case, your continued insistence that this is part of some well reasoned master play by Trump is as provable as my saying Pompeo tricked him into signing the death warrant by telling him he was signing an application for the Nobel Peace Prize.

And, as another poster pointed out, Iran is exactly known for swift retribution.

afcjets

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:52 pm

jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:

In any case, your continued insistence that this is part of some well reasoned master play by Trump is as provable as my saying Pompeo tricked him into signing the death warrant by telling him he was signing an application for the Nobel Peace Prize.

And, as another poster pointed out, Iran is exactly known for swift retribution.

I know there were casaulties, but calling them headaches makes it seem like there weren't. To some people a concussion is little more than a headache and it's a gray area between a concussion and a TBI. I don't think it's some master play by Trump, it's not that complex.

jetero

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:56 pm

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I know there were casaulties, but calling them headaches makes it seem like there weren't. To some people a concussion is little more than a headache and it's a gray area between a concussion and a TBI. I don't think it's some master play by Trump, it's not that complex.

Well congrats, afc, it truly does seem like you have it all figured out.

Pi7472000

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:26 am

So gross how religion and oil destroy the lives of the young!! Hopefully we will move into an atheist society and a green economy!!

Aaron747

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:06 am

Pi7472000 wrote:
So gross how religion and oil destroy the lives of the young!! Hopefully we will move into an atheist society and a green economy!!

It’s all about those Benjamins at the end of the day - values are in a distant back seat.

SanDiegoLover

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:15 am

afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Wrong again. I’ve already stated it. The official term that the CDC, doctors, hospitals, AMA, and the military use is TBI. There is no such thing as “just a concussion”. It’s a TBI. It can be a mild, moderate, or severe TBI, with a point system attached to it. Even moderate TBIs have a 50% chance of long term issues for the patient.

Trump would have been briefed on the amount of casualties suffering from traumatic brain injury.

Max Q

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:35 am

Aesma wrote:
Again, we're talking about big bad very fast ballistic missiles, not makeshift rockets or mortar shells !

You need fast missiles with a good air-defense system to try and take them down.

Again

Look it up, Israel has an almost perfect record of intercepting and destroying all kinds of missiles, from large ballistic Scud types to smaller ‘makeshift’ rockets

Their capabilities in this respect have and are continuing to grow exponentially
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

GGg

Max Q

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:07 am

Aesma wrote:
Again, we're talking about big bad very fast ballistic missiles, not makeshift rockets or mortar shells !

You need fast missiles with a good air-defense system to try and take them down.

Again,

Israel has stopped both, from big ICBMs to small makeshift rockets

GGg

Aaron747

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:34 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
afcjets wrote:
jetero wrote:

Wrong again. I’ve already stated it. The official term that the CDC, doctors, hospitals, AMA, and the military use is TBI. There is no such thing as “just a concussion”. It’s a TBI. It can be a mild, moderate, or severe TBI, with a point system attached to it. Even moderate TBIs have a 50% chance of long term issues for the patient.

Trump would have been briefed on the amount of casualties suffering from traumatic brain injury.

Scientific evidence is just ‘opinion’ to the Trumpanzee crowd, after all.

afcjets

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 am

SanDiegoLover wrote:
afcjets wrote:

You're just proving my point.

DeltaMD90

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:14 am

I think the "well there wasn't war, was there!?" logic is pretty poor. Our actions have consequences, not all of them directly lead to war. When North Korea acts tough and shoots down our spy plane or kills SKs with artillery, they "get away with it" too.

We have a lot of might and we can get away with a lot. But relations are a big part of geopolitics, we aren't really helping our cause, and I don't think the "don't hit back, the US is insane" is a good look. Strength and insanity are very different, I prefer the former.

And who is to say Iran won't hit back in their shitty, indirect way? They've killed plenty of Americans indirectly and I'm sure many more are on the chopping block due to this strike (solely because of the strike.) And I wonder what strategic value this delivered... Really, are Iran's ambitions thwarted much? Idk

(Disclaimer: I have no love for Soleimani, good riddance to him)

Aaron747

Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:24 am

DeltaMD90 wrote:
I think the "well there wasn't war, was there!?" logic is pretty poor. Our actions have consequences, not all of them directly lead to war. When North Korea acts tough and shoots down our spy plane or kills SKs with artillery, they "get away with it" too.

We have a lot of might and we can get away with a lot. But relations are a big part of geopolitics, we aren't really helping our cause, and I don't think the "don't hit back, the US is insane" is a good look. Strength and insanity are very different, I prefer the former.

And who is to say Iran won't hit back in their shitty, indirect way? They've killed plenty of Americans indirectly and I'm sure many more are on the chopping block due to this strike (solely because of the strike.) And I wonder what strategic value this delivered... Really, are Iran's ambitions thwarted much? Idk

(Disclaimer: I have no love for Soleimani, good riddance to him)

The disclaimer is not necessary - anyone with proper moral values felt the same way. GOP asskissing fealty to 45 and associated ridiculous statements of public manipulation don't require disclaimers in response. Your concerns are appropriate and logical considering the lack of forethought that went into, well, anything since JPCOA was junked.

Aaron747

Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:55 pm

VFW's comments are most poignant at this time:

Indeed in response, the VFW demanded that the president apologize:

“TBI is a serious injury and one that cannot be taken lightly. TBI is known to cause depression, memory loss, severe headaches, dizziness, and fatigue — all injuries that come with both short- and long-term effects. The VFW expects an apology from the president to our servicemen and women for his misguided remarks.”

More importantly, however, Trump’s follow up remark, “I don’t consider them severe injuries relative to other injuries that I’ve seen,” is of more significant cause for concern.

https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/ ... n-injuries

Trademark of this WH: factual information based on precedent and science are irrelevant. How POTUS and his enablers/followers FEEL is most relevant.

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Trademark of this WH: factual information based on precedent and science are irrelevant. How POTUS and his enablers/followers FEEL is most relevant.

BINGO

Plenty of evidence of that on this thread . . . "I feel as if it were a master stroke ergo it was . . . "

jetero

Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Well with the news that the White House got Bolton's book to review 4 days before Soleimani was killed, I'd say the "Wag the Dog" theory is more credible than ever.

MaverickM11

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:20 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
LOL wut. He lied about their injuries as a result of *his* attack so that *he* wouldn't go to war? Is that your line of reasoning here?

Yes.

Oh wow you're just going to admit to that. Brave.
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
He's strategizing to contain himself? Granted that would be infinitely more strategy than he has ever exhibited in his life up until now.

You mean even more than when he colluded with Russia to steal the election of President of the US from Hillary?

I've maintained from day one he's too stupid to collude with a door handle, let alone another country, as we're seeing with Ukraine and his impeachment. His handlers and the GOP however, will go to the ends of the earth to cover for him however.
E pur si muove -Galileo

Tugger

Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:29 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Yes.

Not really brave, Trump is all mouth really and especially so when against someone that can hurt him back. Those that are weaker, smaller, can't come back at him and hurt him, only then is he "brave", and politics isn't something he is afraid of (his wealth protects him) he loves throwing verbal bombs when all people can do is just lob the same back. He is afraid of Iran and war with them. So he backed down basically. Of course Iran is similar, mostly mouth and only hit when they can be safe from too much blow back that would bring down the leadership.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

Aesma

Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:57 pm

Max Q wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Again

Look it up, Israel has an almost perfect record of intercepting and destroying all kinds of missiles, from large ballistic Scud types to smaller ‘makeshift’ rockets

Their capabilities in this respect have and are continuing to grow exponentially

I can only find scud fired in 1991 by Iraq and shot down by patriot batteries. Israel is regularly attacked by makeshift rockets, I stand my point. Lately, the patriots are mostly shooting down (or missing) UAVs that probably cost 1000 times less money than the missiles.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

MaverickM11

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Yes.

Not really brave, Trump is all mouth really and especially so when against someone that can hurt him back. Those that are weaker, smaller, can't come back at him and hurt him, only then is he "brave", and politics isn't something he is afraid of (his wealth protects him) he loves throwing verbal bombs when all people can do is just lob the same back. He is afraid of Iran and war with them. So he backed down basically. Of course Iran is similar, mostly mouth and only hit when they can be safe from too much blow back that would bring down the leadership.

Tugg

I wasn't calling Trump brave. I was calling afcjets brave for admitting to thinking Trump "dismissed brain injuries as headaches" in order to prevent himself from going to war following actions that he initiated.
E pur si muove -Galileo

bennett123

Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:36 pm

Jetero

Do you really sign an Application Form for a Nobel Prize.

:D

jetero

Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:02 am

bennett123 wrote:
Jetero

Do you really sign an Application Form for a Nobel Prize.

:D

Who am I to question the stable genius-ness of allowing a bunch of soldiers to get brain injuries to secure peace after assassinating a foreign general? This may be above my head.

tommy1808

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:05 am

afcjets wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Sadly too the world's media was prevented from or didn't look for the truth of the severity of injuries to US and Iraqi soldiers, don't want the truth to get in the way of encouraging a new war front for the MIC.

How is that going to work in Fantasy world..... is congress going to declare war on Iran or does a little devil poof into existence on Trumps shoulder and mind-bends him into giving orders?
Ok, we know that a toddler can push Trump around with ease, but i am surprised you think he is even more of a pushover as he has already demonstrated.

Remember the time when kneeling during the Anthem was disrespecting the troops?
Now you have a commander in chief telling Troops injured in combat to man up....... awesome.... outrage by Team "Fire those football players"? A visit to Bluford, Illinois, marching down Silence Road....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

tommy1808

Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

I've maintained from day one he's too stupid to collude with a door handle, let alone another country, as we're seeing with Ukraine and his impeachment. His handlers and the GOP however, will go to the ends of the earth to cover for him however.

Well, according to the Mueller report Team Trump was "smart" enough to collude with the Russians extensively, but too stupid to know what they did was a crime. Fascinating how the US justice system works.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Max Q

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:56 am

Aesma wrote:
Max Q wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Again

I can only find scud fired in 1991 by Iraq and shot down by patriot batteries. Israel is regularly attacked by makeshift rockets, I stand my point. Lately, the patriots are mostly shooting down (or missing) UAVs that probably cost 1000 times less money than the missiles.

Google ‘Israel shoots down rockets’

Not big ICBM’s, but rockets

GGg