MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:13 am

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.


You got it hand to the European folks, for them their system is always better, their government, everything. Yes be proud of your utopian civilization, look how much death it created in the 20th century.


Newsflash: the 1930s were over EIGHTY years ago

I wonder if Airworthy99 gets his panties in a twist over the conservative identity politics from Jim Crow and before, barely a generation ago, or is that water under the bridge?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:14 am

dmg626 wrote:
Trump 2024!



I like it, let us throw him out of office and then he can run again in 2024. I was wrong, I did not think the trump apologists would jump in, but they could not resist I see. It is starting to seem like North Korea here, the Right Wing is now a cult of Personality with their own Dear Leader. I can see it now, like Kim Un Jong or whatever the hell his name is, who has his Sister follow him, we can have Ivanka, now that I think about it, we already have Ivanka following the Republican Dear Leader.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:37 am

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/0 ... /23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:04 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/13/barr-trump-tweets-on-cases-make-my-job-impossible/23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.

I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up. It’s gotta be taking years off Barr’s life cleaning up messes Trump made.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Topic Author
Posts: 13352
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:21 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/13/barr-trump-tweets-on-cases-make-my-job-impossible/23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.

I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up. It’s gotta be taking years off Barr’s life cleaning up messes Trump made.


You would think so, how much of your dignity can you sacrifice for an Idiot, think of your family and friends, what is worth that?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10555
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:16 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/13/barr-trump-tweets-on-cases-make-my-job-impossible/23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.

I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up. It’s gotta be taking years off Barr’s life cleaning up messes Trump made.


Pretty sure that BMI over 30 is taking the most years off Barr’s lardassed life. He isn’t that troubled by overextending executive power - hasn’t been since 1990.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:37 am

alfa164 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.


The "Roger Stone thing" started well before the 2016 election - more than 4 years ago. Those democrats you mention must have had an uncannily percipient vision of the future to plan it as "a great smoke screen" for 2020...


:roll:


Perfect premonition to even place a birth announcement into a newspaper decades in advance, but of course they don't see Trump winning.

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.


You got it hand to the European folks, for them their system is always better, their government, everything. Yes be proud of your utopian civilization, look how much death it created in the 20th century.


Newsflash: the 1930s were over EIGHTY years ago


Plus adjusting systems after they failed, and most importantly those systems and institutions that failed where modelled on the oldest republic around..... mmm.
Any historian can tell you the presidential systems are much more likely to decend into darkness, the US just had a really good run ....
Trumpians have to repeat that "USA!USA!USA!" chant constantly, or they may realize one day that other systems work overwhelmingly better for the vast majority of the citizens living in them. Quick look at Gini would imply that most Americans are pretty poor.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 am

WarRI1 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/13/barr-trump-tweets-on-cases-make-my-job-impossible/23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.

I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up. It’s gotta be taking years off Barr’s life cleaning up messes Trump made.


You would think so, how much of your dignity can you sacrifice for an Idiot, think of your family and friends, what is worth that?


Depends on how much whatever you are being blackmailed with would hurt that dignity.
Or just went bs crazy.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:06 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump and Barr are playing rope-a-dope with Dems on Stone sentencing


FYI
Federal Prosecutors where ordered by the DoJ under Trump to seek the harshest possible charges and sentence federal law permits.

Its another case of "Law and order is for others - not for me and my friend".

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... g-Memo.pdf

He may be playing 4-D Chess, if his brain could only hold more than one move... i guess his saving grace is that many of his supporters gleefully poke hot needles in their brains to erase whatever some talking head on Fox tells them to better forget what the impeached President did or said.

Remember when he committed 10 Felonies within a few weeks? I am sure you forgot to the point of denial.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/02/13/barr-trump-tweets-on-cases-make-my-job-impossible/23925635/

I did not see this link, but it pertains to the thread. Just theater, I hope not.

I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up. It’s gotta be taking years off Barr’s life cleaning up messes Trump made.


Pretty sure that BMI over 30 is taking the most years off Barr’s lardassed life. He isn’t that troubled by overextending executive power - hasn’t been since 1990.

Right but he’s accustomed to a leader that helps or at least pretends to be at a disinterested arms’ length—not torpedoing it hourly
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.


You got it hand to the European folks, for them their system is always better, their government, everything. Yes be proud of your utopian civilization, look how much death it created in the 20th century.


Newsflash: the 1930s were over EIGHTY years ago


Western European legal codes for example, have been replicated to dozens of nations in the world, Africa, Latin America... how has it been for those nations who have molded their judicial systems based on that type? Cuba uses the Spanish code Venezuela too, Latin America and Africa are completely overtaken by corruption. Common law code is scarcely used in these places.

Said it many times, things that might work in Europe don't mean they will work in other countries and basically nothing is perfect.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:27 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up.


The Native American presidential candidate has the right idea, impeach Barr! It seems for an attorney general and a president to have the same opinion is now a crime. And of course they're not allowed to communicate with each other, especially on a high profile case that involves a process crime from a failed set up to unseat the President of the US.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:50 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up.


The Native American presidential candidate has the right idea, impeach Barr! It seems for an attorney general and a president to have the same opinion is now a crime. And of course they're not allowed to communicate with each other, especially on a high profile case that involves a process crime from a failed set up to unseat the President of the US.


I didn't realize we have a Native American running for president. Must be third party.

For the AG and president to share the same opinion is fine. But, when the president tells the AG how to do his job, that is completely different. Surely you understand that, right?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up.


The Native American presidential candidate has the right idea, impeach Barr! It seems for an attorney general and a president to have the same opinion is now a crime. And of course they're not allowed to communicate with each other, especially on a high profile case that involves a process crime from a failed set up to unseat the President of the US.


I didn't realize we have a Native American running for president. Must be third party.

For the AG and president to share the same opinion is fine. But, when the president tells the AG how to do his job, that is completely different. Surely you understand that, right?


Of course, but that's not really an option when it comes to Trump. Where there's no crime or evidence of a crime, one must be manufactured.

Yes, we have one, she even took a DNA test to proove it.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:36 pm

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

The Native American presidential candidate has the right idea, impeach Barr! It seems for an attorney general and a president to have the same opinion is now a crime. And of course they're not allowed to communicate with each other, especially on a high profile case that involves a process crime from a failed set up to unseat the President of the US.


I didn't realize we have a Native American running for president. Must be third party.

For the AG and president to share the same opinion is fine. But, when the president tells the AG how to do his job, that is completely different. Surely you understand that, right?


Of course, but that's not really an option when it comes to Trump. Where there's no crime or evidence of a crime, one must be manufactured.

Yes, we have one, she even took a DNA test to proove it.


Please post links for the Native American candidate in the appropriate thread. You brought it up, you back it up with proof, please.

As far as the head of the Republican party

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/tru ... is-behalf/
https://www.ft.com/content/6b33f2fa-4f3 ... d18ec715f5

He claims he has rights above and beyond what is spelled out in the Constitution. That he can intervene in federal cases. Or, at the very least, he can order Barr to do it. Not letting the law take the natural course of things but, rather, the man who wants to be king decides.

This is why the Founding Fathers wanted three CO-EQUAL branches of government. Not one stronger than the others. They fought to get away from having a king. To keep things like this from happening.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 pm

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I believe it. Barr is trying to crime for Trump who is so dumb he *constantly* blows it up.


The Native American presidential candidate has the right idea, impeach Barr! It seems for an attorney general and a president to have the same opinion is now a crime. And of course they're not allowed to communicate with each other, especially on a high profile case that involves a process crime from a failed set up to unseat the President of the US.

Who do you think you're fooling with this "native american" nonsense? It's like Ted Bundy tut-tutting about Bill Clinton's treatment of women.

In any case it's not an issue of the President and the AG "having the same opinion"--it's a case of the AG and prosecutors having the same opinion on Stone's sentencing guidelines, and then the AG changing the guidelines once Twitler unloaded in his diaper and threw a tantrum. Just imagine the unhinged rage you felt when Loretta Lynch and Clinton had a 30 minute meeting in PHX, but 1000x times more transparently underhanded in this case--especially considering Barr's DOJ has cleared the Clintons multiple times now and four prosecutors quit in protest.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:13 am

Tugger wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
Great progress towards Mr. Stone's freedom.

Hopefully General Flynn is next to come out from under the hobnailed boot of the leftist cabal.

It was Bill Barr's DOJ that charged him so I guess he's part of the leftist cabal now too?

No, no... you are missing the important thing: The DOJ is part of the "deep state" that Trump and his cronies and TDS followers rail against. Barr was installed to rid it of this "deep state" infiltration and liberate it.

The definition of of "deep state" is "anything that is against Trump or that may attack Trump or may harm Trump".

Interestingly Trump is very Putin-like (no, not anything to do with Russia or collusion, just the personality). He speaks for the government, he is not part of the government, the presidency is Trump, it is not an office or an administration, it is singular a person. You want help from the government you ask Trump for help, Trump declares what is right and OK. And anyone who does not agree with this is "anti-Trump" (and should be purged or attacked at least) and the people that accept this and doing right by the USA and nation.

Tugg



Trump voters aren’t remotely self aware enough to realize that they’re actually part of the only conspiracy going on. Trump and the GOP are so corrupt that they’re actually creating the real deep state.
 
User avatar
CitizenJustin
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:12 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:59 am

SteelChair wrote:
This entire sad episode is a pathetic case in American history.

Democrats, unwilling to accept the results of the electorate, embarked on a policy of "resist." Attack anyone associated with Trump, attempt to construct perjury traps, ensnare anyone who has engaged in any questionable behavior totally unrelated to Trump, engage the totally complaint and allied media (with only one or two exceptions), construct conspiracies out of whole cloth, engage in unending witch hunts one after another. Offer nothing positive and then wonder why you continue losing in the polls. And this by a party that supposedly has a history of supporting civil liberties.

Of all the high profile liberals, only Alan Dershowitz has maintained his integrity, and the swamp has attempted to destroy him by attaching him to the Epstein "case." (My own opinion is that Epstein was probably allied with the CIA constructing honey hole traps, I predict that whole imbroglio will simply wither away.) The democrats are in total disarray, blinded by hatred of Trump.

Hopefully, someone will go to jail for the fake dossier. Hopefully, the non-whistleblower co-conspirator who ran to Schiff's staff weeks before the whole thing became public will be held to account.



Sometimes I really wonder if you’re even aware of what you’re doing or that you inhabit an alternate reality. If a democrat did the exact same things that Trump has done you’d be outraged. Why aren’t any of you self aware enough to realize you’ve turned into shameless partisan hacks? Do you ever question yourself or why you’ve come to a conclusion? The lack of critical thinking is beyond anything I’ve ever seen.
 
SteelChair
Posts: 1381
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:37 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:13 am

[threeid]2[/threeid]
CitizenJustin wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
This entire sad episode is a pathetic case in American history.

Democrats, unwilling to accept the results of the electorate, embarked on a policy of "resist." Attack anyone associated with Trump, attempt to construct perjury traps, ensnare anyone who has engaged in any questionable behavior totally unrelated to Trump, engage the totally complaint and allied media (with only one or two exceptions), construct conspiracies out of whole cloth, engage in unending witch hunts one after another. Offer nothing positive and then wonder why you continue losing in the polls. And this by a party that supposedly has a history of supporting civil liberties.

Of all the high profile liberals, only Alan Dershowitz has maintained his integrity, and the swamp has attempted to destroy him by attaching him to the Epstein "case." (My own opinion is that Epstein was probably allied with the CIA constructing honey hole traps, I predict that whole imbroglio will simply wither away.) The democrats are in total disarray, blinded by hatred of Trump.

Hopefully, someone will go to jail for the fake dossier. Hopefully, the non-whistleblower co-conspirator who ran to Schiff's staff weeks before the whole thing became public will be held to account.



Sometimes I really wonder if you’re even aware of what you’re doing or that you inhabit an alternate reality. If a democrat did the exact same things that Trump has done you’d be outraged. Why aren’t any of you self aware enough to realize you’ve turned into shameless partisan hacks? Do you ever question yourself or why you’ve come to a conclusion? The lack of critical thinking is beyond anything I’ve ever seen.


Pot meet kettle. If a Republican administration led CIA spied on a Democratic presidential candidate, what would the press and the deep state be doing? Where is your sense of moral outrage over the excesses of the continuing witch hunts and the lives ruined by the perjury traps? What, pray tell, has Trump actually done that is so egregious? Send billions to Iran? Sellout Israel? Allow open borders? Take guns away from law abiding US citizens? Allow "allies" to continually dump their goods here, all the while under-paying their mutual defense obligations? Is trying to find political solutions to 20 year wars so bad? Should he use the IRS to target political opponents the way the Obama administration did to conservative organizations?

When Trump wasn't prosecuted because of lack of evidence, your side said he wasn't innocent. Now, the same biased media has pronounced that McCabe is innocent.
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10555
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 am

SteelChair wrote:
[threeid]2[/threeid]
CitizenJustin wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
This entire sad episode is a pathetic case in American history.

Democrats, unwilling to accept the results of the electorate, embarked on a policy of "resist." Attack anyone associated with Trump, attempt to construct perjury traps, ensnare anyone who has engaged in any questionable behavior totally unrelated to Trump, engage the totally complaint and allied media (with only one or two exceptions), construct conspiracies out of whole cloth, engage in unending witch hunts one after another. Offer nothing positive and then wonder why you continue losing in the polls. And this by a party that supposedly has a history of supporting civil liberties.

Of all the high profile liberals, only Alan Dershowitz has maintained his integrity, and the swamp has attempted to destroy him by attaching him to the Epstein "case." (My own opinion is that Epstein was probably allied with the CIA constructing honey hole traps, I predict that whole imbroglio will simply wither away.) The democrats are in total disarray, blinded by hatred of Trump.

Hopefully, someone will go to jail for the fake dossier. Hopefully, the non-whistleblower co-conspirator who ran to Schiff's staff weeks before the whole thing became public will be held to account.



Sometimes I really wonder if you’re even aware of what you’re doing or that you inhabit an alternate reality. If a democrat did the exact same things that Trump has done you’d be outraged. Why aren’t any of you self aware enough to realize you’ve turned into shameless partisan hacks? Do you ever question yourself or why you’ve come to a conclusion? The lack of critical thinking is beyond anything I’ve ever seen.


Pot meet kettle. If a Republican administration led CIA spied on a Democratic presidential candidate, what would the press and the deep state be doing? Where is your sense of moral outrage over the excesses of the continuing witch hunts and the lives ruined by the perjury traps? What, pray tell, has Trump actually done that is so egregious? Send billions to Iran? Sellout Israel? Allow open borders? Take guns away from law abiding US citizens? Allow "allies" to continually dump their goods here, all the while under-paying their mutual defense obligations? Is trying to find political solutions to 20 year wars so bad? Should he use the IRS to target political opponents the way the Obama administration did to conservative organizations?

When Trump wasn't prosecuted because of lack of evidence, your side said he wasn't innocent. Now, the same biased media has pronounced that McCabe is innocent.


Blatant non sequitur response absent of any factual citations or critical thinking.

Perhaps the most egregious claim is that 45 wasn’t prosecuted due to ‘lack of evidence’. Incorrect - a. the Mueller investigation cited DOJ/OLC policy preventing charges against POTUS for obstruction, but said he could certainly be charged out of office, and b. they said they ‘could not establish’ elements of coordination with foreign parties, but this was not due to exculpatory evidence, rather gaps in testimony and outright lies from some WH witnesses.

Some suggested bipartisan reading on the matter for understanding the report contents beyond disinformation detritus from the Hannity fishbowl:

https://www.justsecurity.org/65863/expe ... rt-essays/
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10555
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:32 am

Lots more going down today - it came out that Reggie Walton, a GOP appointed judge, opined in September that the DOJ extensions on McCabe amount to banana republic machinations:

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/ge ... trump/amp/

“I just think the integrity of the process is being unduly undermined by inappropriate comments and actions on the part of people at the top of our government,” Walton continued. “I think it’s very unfortunate. And I think as a government and as a society we’re going to pay a price at some point for this.”

And also Donald Ayer, Bill Barr’s former boss, has called for his resignation on Erin Burnett’s show:

https://youtu.be/vTD6gl7kNJ8
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:54 am

SteelChair wrote:
[threeid]2[/threeid]
CitizenJustin wrote:
SteelChair wrote:
This entire sad episode is a pathetic case in American history.

Democrats, unwilling to accept the results of the electorate, embarked on a policy of "resist." Attack anyone associated with Trump, attempt to construct perjury traps, ensnare anyone who has engaged in any questionable behavior totally unrelated to Trump, engage the totally complaint and allied media (with only one or two exceptions), construct conspiracies out of whole cloth, engage in unending witch hunts one after another. Offer nothing positive and then wonder why you continue losing in the polls. And this by a party that supposedly has a history of supporting civil liberties.

Of all the high profile liberals, only Alan Dershowitz has maintained his integrity, and the swamp has attempted to destroy him by attaching him to the Epstein "case." (My own opinion is that Epstein was probably allied with the CIA constructing honey hole traps, I predict that whole imbroglio will simply wither away.) The democrats are in total disarray, blinded by hatred of Trump.

Hopefully, someone will go to jail for the fake dossier. Hopefully, the non-whistleblower co-conspirator who ran to Schiff's staff weeks before the whole thing became public will be held to account.



Sometimes I really wonder if you’re even aware of what you’re doing or that you inhabit an alternate reality. If a democrat did the exact same things that Trump has done you’d be outraged. Why aren’t any of you self aware enough to realize you’ve turned into shameless partisan hacks? Do you ever question yourself or why you’ve come to a conclusion? The lack of critical thinking is beyond anything I’ve ever seen.


Pot meet kettle. If a Republican administration led CIA spied on a Democratic presidential candidate, what would the press and the deep state be doing? Where is your sense of moral outrage over the excesses of the continuing witch hunts and the lives ruined by the perjury traps? What, pray tell, has Trump actually done that is so egregious? Send billions to Iran? Sellout Israel? Allow open borders? Take guns away from law abiding US citizens? Allow "allies" to continually dump their goods here, all the while under-paying their mutual defense obligations? Is trying to find political solutions to 20 year wars so bad? Should he use the IRS to target political opponents the way the Obama administration did to conservative organizations?

When Trump wasn't prosecuted because of lack of evidence, your side said he wasn't innocent. Now, the same biased media has pronounced that McCabe is innocent.


He was prosecuted. One count was party line, one count was bipartisan. On both counts, some members of the Republican party said "yeah, he is guilty but it's fine" or "yeah, he is guilty but he learned his lesson" or "yeah, he is guilty but...." so there is that.

BTW, that is not "biased media" but actual statements made on the floor of the Senate.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:39 pm

seb146 wrote:
Please post links for the Native American candidate in the appropriate thread. You brought it up, you back it up with proof, please.

That would be as unnecessary as saying please provide a link showing the current occupant of the White House as you like to say lives in the White House, or a link he is the 45th president or has filed for bk four times.


MaverickM11 wrote:
Who do you think you're fooling with this "native american" nonsense? It's like Ted Bundy tut-tutting about Bill Clinton's treatment of women.

In any case it's not an issue of the President and the AG "having the same opinion"--it's a case of the AG and prosecutors having the same opinion on Stone's sentencing guidelines, and then the AG changing the guidelines once Twitler unloaded in his diaper and threw a tantrum. Just imagine the unhinged rage you felt when Loretta Lynch and Clinton had a 30 minute meeting in PHX, but 1000x times more transparently underhanded in this case--especially considering Barr's DOJ has cleared the Clintons multiple times now and four prosecutors quit in protest.


I don't care that Bill and Loretta had a meeting on the tarmac and there is no way anyone can know what they talked about, so I would not have called for Loretta's impeachment, unlike how the non-tribal Native American presidential candidate did for the current AG over Roger Stone.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:09 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Please post links for the Native American candidate in the appropriate thread. You brought it up, you back it up with proof, please.

That would be as unnecessary as saying please provide a link showing the current occupant of the White House as you like to say lives in the White House, or a link he is the 45th president or has filed for bk four times.


MaverickM11 wrote:
Who do you think you're fooling with this "native american" nonsense? It's like Ted Bundy tut-tutting about Bill Clinton's treatment of women.

In any case it's not an issue of the President and the AG "having the same opinion"--it's a case of the AG and prosecutors having the same opinion on Stone's sentencing guidelines, and then the AG changing the guidelines once Twitler unloaded in his diaper and threw a tantrum. Just imagine the unhinged rage you felt when Loretta Lynch and Clinton had a 30 minute meeting in PHX, but 1000x times more transparently underhanded in this case--especially considering Barr's DOJ has cleared the Clintons multiple times now and four prosecutors quit in protest.


I don't care that Bill and Loretta had a meeting on the tarmac and there is no way anyone can know what they talked about, so I would not have called for Loretta's impeachment, unlike how the non-tribal Native American presidential candidate did for the current AG over Roger Stone.


You keep making claims but refuse to back them up. So, I will start:

Democrats in Congress are calling for investigations into Barr and some calling for his impeachment

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-u ... mpeachment
https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-call ... er-1410925

Not sure what that has to do with an alleged third party candidate........

BTW, your whataboutism on Lynch

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... -led-probe
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/19/politics ... index.html

Republicans did launch investigations on her, partly related to the tarmac meeting. And guess what they found? A big ole nothingburger. But, it gave red meat for the base so it was good enough!
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:49 am

seb146 wrote:
And guess what they found? A big ole nothingburger. But, it gave red meat for the base so it was good enough!


Does anyone remeber the last time Republicans failed outrage over anything that turned out as real and they where willing to apply to their own people....

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Tugger wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Not a bad idea actually, I would totally support that as a deterrent to abuse by our justice system. Anyone convicted of any process crime as a result of an investigation based on false pretenses automatically gets a get out of jail free card. It's not holding overzealous and unscrupulous prosecutors and the like accountable for their actions and making them criminally liable as they should be, but it's a move in the right direction.

Hey, you're a liberal now! Awesome. Our criminal justice system and police need to be reformed and fully investigated for all instances of what you describe. Nice to see you supporting such


Who wouldn't support that? I am glad Trump does too and not just by his word but also by his actions. While I might agree with some positions liberals claim to support, I am an Independent who is conservative for the most part.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aaron747, CaptHadley, casinterest, einsteinboricua, Kiwirob, Reinhardt, seahawk, Sokes, TWA772LR and 67 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos