User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 12273
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:00 am

afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe even hand out IOUs for future crimes--really streamline the process. Fox can throw in a contributor role on the backend to ensure they don't go hungry.

Not a bad idea actually, I would totally support that as a deterrent to abuse by our justice system. Anyone convicted of any process crime as a result of an investigation based on false pretenses automatically gets a get out of jail free card. It's not holding overzealous and unscrupulous prosecutors and the like accountable for their actions and making them criminally liable as they should be, but it's a move in the right direction.


Your justice system is like that because you elect judges and prosecutors, who go on to be pure politicians, so for decades you have had this "law and order" obsession.

Some of these "process crimes" are of course ridiculous, however what you're proposing is a direct road to dictatorship. If you can tamper with evidence and witnesses, then all court cases will end up as "abuse" since the prosecution's case will be destroyed.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:36 am

seb146 wrote:
No, not at all.

All these Republicans whining and crying about "but HILLARY!!!" and "but OBAMA!!!" and "but BILL!!!" are the first to say "well, this Stone guy didn't really do anything and, besides, it pales in comparison to what we were told crimes may have been committed by Democrats". All these claims being made up by Republicans were not even prosecuted. Maybe because there was no "there" there? Or because Republicans just want everyone to look over there when one of their own does something as bad or worse?

I am sorry Republicans didn't find any charges to "lock her up" on and I am sorry Republicans did not find any reason to remove Bill from office and I am sorry Republicans didn't find any crimes to charge Obama with. But, this constant "but, but, but...." whenever a Republican is actually charged has got to stop. Republicans had decades to investigate these alleged crimes. They either did not or they found nothing on top of nothing.

Get over it.

Or, better yet, instead of whining and crying and moaning about precedents being set by Democrats, maybe Republicans could set precedents and actually prosecute their own who break laws?


The topic is about a president reducing and/or ultimately pardoning the sentence of a crime committed by someone else, not crimes a president has allegedly committed.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:43 am

Aesma wrote:

Your justice system is like that because you elect judges and prosecutors, who go on to be pure politicians, so for decades you have had this "law and order" obsession.

Some of these "process crimes" are of course ridiculous, however what you're proposing is a direct road to dictatorship. If you can tamper with evidence and witnesses, then all court cases will end up as "abuse" since the prosecution's case will be destroyed.


I said only in cases where it's later revealed and proven the investigation was knowingly based on false pretenses, not all cases.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:01 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
No, not at all.

All these Republicans whining and crying about "but HILLARY!!!" and "but OBAMA!!!" and "but BILL!!!" are the first to say "well, this Stone guy didn't really do anything and, besides, it pales in comparison to what we were told crimes may have been committed by Democrats". All these claims being made up by Republicans were not even prosecuted. Maybe because there was no "there" there? Or because Republicans just want everyone to look over there when one of their own does something as bad or worse?

I am sorry Republicans didn't find any charges to "lock her up" on and I am sorry Republicans did not find any reason to remove Bill from office and I am sorry Republicans didn't find any crimes to charge Obama with. But, this constant "but, but, but...." whenever a Republican is actually charged has got to stop. Republicans had decades to investigate these alleged crimes. They either did not or they found nothing on top of nothing.

Get over it.

Or, better yet, instead of whining and crying and moaning about precedents being set by Democrats, maybe Republicans could set precedents and actually prosecute their own who break laws?


The topic is about a president reducing and/or ultimately pardoning the sentence of a crime committed by someone else, not crimes a president has allegedly committed.


Yes. And the MAGA fans and Republicans keep trying to hijack the thread to history and a woman who was never president.

Live in the present. This head of the Republican party is giving favor to his buddies. If you suck up to the emperor, you can get anything you want. This is what they do in dictatorships. Blatant disregard for the law and blatant bribery. If you want to argue history, most other presidents at least tried to distance themselves from this. Like Reagan and Ollie North, if you all want to bring up the past. Like Halliburton, if you all want to bring up the past.

Or, you can stick to the present and defend this wanna be dictator.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 13059
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:04 am

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I personally think Stone is a pretty sick guy and will do anything to get on cable news. I was looking forward to him doing at least two years but forces on the other side treated him like El Chapo with some 5am raid with heavy weapons and a severe penalty which I feel Trump was right to question. Will he pardon him? My guess if the sentence is light he won't.


Anyone who lies to federal prosecutors under penalty of perjury and obstructs justice should just get a slap on the wrist. Just ignore the law breaking because someone said something about that poor, poor man. Typical Republican mantra: do as I say, not as I do. You all expect everyone else to follow the law and have the book thrown at them if they even look like they are stepping out of line but not Republicans. Why is that? Why should Republicans get away with breaking laws but no one else should?


Can you point out where I said he should just get a slap on the wrist? Where I said we should ignore the law being broke? Here let me help you.

I was looking forward to him doing at least two years

I did say this right?

What is fair for his conviction?

afcjets wrote:


The topic is about a president reducing and/or ultimately pardoning the sentence of a crime committed by someone else, not crimes a president has allegedly committed.


No the topic is prosecutors quitting the Stone case. What source says the President is going to reduce the sentence or pardon him? The media is making this up. Trump expressed displeasure from Stone being treated unfairly and a high sentence. Nothing more.

MaverickM11 wrote:


How are raids supposed to happen? With a courtesy call and a limo? And does that apply to all raids or just rich white men?

Why did it have to be a raid? With CNN present? Was Stone a violent threat? Were his crimes violent? Jeffrey Epstein was arrested in a more routine method for non violent crimes at an airport I believe? No kicking in doors, no CNN anchors present no heavy guns? Then again I guess when you donate to the DEM party you get treated a bit different from a friend of Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/schumer ... arity.html
Nikon from day one, Nikon till I die.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:13 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Why did it have to be a raid? With CNN present? Was Stone a violent threat? Were his crimes violent? Jeffrey Epstein was arrested in a more routine method for non violent crimes at an airport I believe? No kicking in doors, no CNN anchors present no heavy guns? Then again I guess when you donate to the DEM party you get treated a bit different from a friend of Trump.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/10/schumer ... arity.html

You realize Epstein was a friend of Trump right? And that Epstein's defense team was Trump's impeachment defense team? And Trump's Sec of Labor Acosta was the one that got Epstein off with a slap on the wrist right? And that Epstein died on Barr's DOJ's watch. I'm sure you know all that.

Anywho...one of Stone's charges--that he was found guilty on since he was found guilty of all of them--was witness tampering. And the reason his recommended sentence was on the higher side is because he threatened violence against witnesses and their children--even the judge on the case. Now I'm old enough to remember when threatening judges and witnesses was considered poor form--especially if it was your own case or a case that benefits you in some way--and not the core value of the GOP that it is today. As to why it was a raid? I have no idea--but it was under Trump's DOJ. Why not an illegal choke hold until he can't breathe? That seems to be a popular one with the thin blue line crowd.

NIKV69 wrote:
No the topic is prosecutors quitting the Stone case. What source says the President is going to reduce the sentence or pardon him?

Trump is dropping hints about considering it and Tucker Carlson has been whining about it all week, so it is all but guaranteed.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:56 am

Why did he deserve nine years in prison? Clapper lied to Congress and nothing was done to him. You all seems want different standards for Republicans and Democrats.
 
mrgrtt123
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:09 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:13 am

Right before our eyes, we have moved from a democracy to an autocracy - a society no longer guided by legal principles. Chilling! Frightening! And in the mix, we are being manipulated at every turn by sophisticated technology.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:20 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I personally think Stone is a pretty sick guy and will do anything to get on cable news. I was looking forward to him doing at least two years but forces on the other side treated him like El Chapo with some 5am raid with heavy weapons and a severe penalty which I feel Trump was right to question. Will he pardon him? My guess if the sentence is light he won't.


Anyone who lies to federal prosecutors under penalty of perjury and obstructs justice should just get a slap on the wrist. Just ignore the law breaking because someone said something about that poor, poor man. Typical Republican mantra: do as I say, not as I do. You all expect everyone else to follow the law and have the book thrown at them if they even look like they are stepping out of line but not Republicans. Why is that? Why should Republicans get away with breaking laws but no one else should?


Can you point out where I said he should just get a slap on the wrist? Where I said we should ignore the law being broke? Here let me help you.

I was looking forward to him doing at least two years

I did say this right?

What is fair for his conviction?


SEVEN counts he was found guilty of. Obstructing and lying. In order to impede an official investigation.

Keep in mind the investigation was to find out the details of how, when, why Russia interfered with our elections. At the very beginning, no one (and this is key) NOT EVEN MUELLER knew all signs would point to the Republican administration. Yet, here we are.

But, yes, let's reduce everyone's sentence. Everyone connected to the Mueller investigation. Everyone who impeded the investigation, everyone who lied, everyone who tampered with witnesses, everyone who intimidated witnesses. Because the leader must be protected at all costs. Or something. As long as this one guy is protected, who cares? Why follow the law? At least one guy is protected or something, right?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:24 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
Why did he deserve nine years in prison? Clapper lied to Congress and nothing was done to him. You all seems want different standards for Republicans and Democrats.


SEVEN at the minimum. There will be credit for time served. IIRC, that would include time in custody during the trial and time in custody from the second he was arrested.

I am okay with concurrent sentences. Even with this guy. Seven years, if he has served two, let's say, and is an outstanding prisoner in a minimum security prison, he would be out next year. As opposed to "let's just vacate the entire sentence" which appears what this Republican administration wants.

If this current administration had said nothing, I would be okay with that. Three years out of seven, I would have said something but whatever. If he serves time, fine. But, this current administration of BFFs first, protect the orange one at all costs can not stand. For the Republic. For Democracy.
Last edited by seb146 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 am

NIKV69 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
The topic is about a president reducing and/or ultimately pardoning the sentence of a crime committed by someone else, not crimes a president has allegedly committed.
No the topic is prosecutors quitting the Stone case. What source says the President is going to reduce the sentence or pardon him? The media is making this up. Trump expressed displeasure from Stone being treated unfairly and a high sentence. Nothing more.

I meant the topic of the actual post Seb was replying too, where we were speculating Trump would ultimately pardon him or in my case where I am encouraging it.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:07 am

seb146 wrote:
Live in the present. This head of the Republican party is giving favor to his buddies. If you suck up to the emperor, you can get anything you want. This is what they do in dictatorships. Blatant disregard for the law and blatant bribery.

Unfortunately it's not going to go down the way you want when you say live in the present. Barr has said the origin of the investigation matters, and that is being investigated now. It's interesting one of the prosecutors who quit Roger Stone's case was on Mueller's team of 17 Democrats. As he should have a long time ago IMO.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:37 am

casinterest wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
Tugger wrote:
You seem to think pardoning is a bad thing? It is just a power of the president (and other top elected officials). There will always be people who disagree with who is pardoned. Are you saying you don't ever disagree with a pardon?

Tugg


Absolutely do not disagree with a pardon.

'

Why,
The DOJ stands by the charges and the GUILT.
Should all Felons get off this easy, or just those that pay off Trump?


Or just his co-conspirators. When Rudy mused about his RICO chart he probably just momentarily forgot that the RICO Chart of the GOP was his "insurance" ... and that is why we never heard of it again.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:46 am

afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Live in the present. This head of the Republican party is giving favor to his buddies. If you suck up to the emperor, you can get anything you want. This is what they do in dictatorships. Blatant disregard for the law and blatant bribery.

Unfortunately it's not going to go down the way you want when you say live in the present. Barr has said the origin of the investigation matters, and that is being investigated now. It's interesting one of the prosecutors who quit Roger Stone's case was on Mueller's team of 17 Democrats. As he should have a long time ago IMO.


Unfortunately, Barr has been told what the origin of the investigation is: Obama/Democrats stopping the wannabe emperor. The only part of that which is true is Obama ordered the investigation. ta-da. That's it. No spite, no retribution. But, Republicans will have none of it. They are convinced that it was all about "replaying 2016" and all those debunked conspiracy theories. None of that is true. Just because the current Republican administration happens to have their fingerprints all over the Russian interference is coincidence. And telling of the current Republican administration. They felt they could not win without the help of foreign interference. They still can't. And they beg for it. But, keeping in line with the OP, Stone helped cover for the current Republican administration. All the lies, all the obstruction, all of it. And, in accordance with American law, he should be punished. Not rewarded.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:15 am

seb146 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Live in the present. This head of the Republican party is giving favor to his buddies. If you suck up to the emperor, you can get anything you want. This is what they do in dictatorships. Blatant disregard for the law and blatant bribery.

Unfortunately it's not going to go down the way you want when you say live in the present. Barr has said the origin of the investigation matters, and that is being investigated now. It's interesting one of the prosecutors who quit Roger Stone's case was on Mueller's team of 17 Democrats. As he should have a long time ago IMO.

And telling of the current Republican administration. They felt they could not win without the help of foreign interference. They still can't. And they beg for it. But, keeping in line with the OP, Stone helped cover for the current Republican administration. All the lies, all the obstruction, all of it. And, in accordance with American law, he should be punished. Not rewarded.


The GOP is in a sort of suicide pact: "We cover this up and successfully obstruct justice, or we all die in prison".

Turn-out related election advertisement should be history lessons.....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 4076
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 am

Remember when Republicans had an annurism because Bill Clinton had a three minute conversation on the tarmac on some middle of nowhere airport with Loretta Lynch? :bouncy:
First to fly the 787-9
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 am

zkojq wrote:
Remember when Republicans had an annurism because Bill Clinton had a three minute conversation on the tarmac on some middle of nowhere airport with Loretta Lynch? :bouncy:


well, you can still tell the brain damage that has left behind........

Lets just hope the judge doesn´t care, they generally don´t seem to care all that much about sentencing guidelines and stuff, and trows him in the slammer to die. The US Code did not consider a crime of his magnitude committed outside of treason in a war.

And i hope New York prosecutors are ready to re-arrest him the moment he comes out of federal prison after Trump pardons his co-conspirator.... the price for his silence .

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
N757ST
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 am

Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pump heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.

So, a jury of Sebs convicted Stone, and then sentenced him to 3x the federal sentencing guidelines, and you all think this is a travesty of justice that Barr stepped in and said Wtf to up to 9 years in jail. I don’t like stone, Barr, or really trump for that matter, but you can’t sit here with a straight face and say he had a fair trial nor a fair sentencing.
 
Pyrex
Posts: 4725
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:24 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm

N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.

So, a jury of Sebs convicted Stone, and then sentenced him to 3x the federal sentencing guidelines, and you all think this is a travesty of justice that Barr stepped in and said Wtf to up to 9 years in jail. I don’t like stone, Barr, or really trump for that matter, but you can’t sit here with a straight face and say he had a fair trial nor a fair sentencing.


Trump's election has caused Democrats to really lose their minds and systematically try to erase every single right Mr Bill of Rights in order to ensure that does not occur again, and if possible reverse what already happened. Carter Page's 4th Amendment Rights and Michael Flynn's 6th Amendment rights were thrown off the window as soon as it became convenient, but I must say, I never expected such a casual approach to the 8th Amendment just because they don't like Roger Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Am ... prov=sfla1
Read this very carefully, I shall write this only once!
 
afcjets
Posts: 3130
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 pm

Pyrex wrote:
Trump's election has caused Democrats to really lose their minds and systematically try to erase every single right Mr Bill of Rights in order to ensure that does not occur again, and if possible reverse what already happened. Carter Page's 4th Amendment Rights and Michael Flynn's 6th Amendment rights were thrown off the window as soon as it became convenient, but I must say, I never expected such a casual approach to the 8th Amendment just because they don't like Roger Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Am ... prov=sfla1


I know it's really disturbing and I would feel the exact same way no matter who it was. Just ask yourself, if federal prosecutors, FISA, the FBI and the justice department would do all of this to the President of the United States (and his associates like Roger Stone, Carter Page, etc.,) just think what they could do to you, and no one would ever hear a word about it.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:09 pm

afcjets wrote:
Pyrex wrote:
Trump's election has caused Democrats to really lose their minds and systematically try to erase every single right Mr Bill of Rights in order to ensure that does not occur again, and if possible reverse what already happened. Carter Page's 4th Amendment Rights and Michael Flynn's 6th Amendment rights were thrown off the window as soon as it became convenient, but I must say, I never expected such a casual approach to the 8th Amendment just because they don't like Roger Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Am ... prov=sfla1


I know it's really disturbing and I would feel the exact same way no matter who it was. Just ask yourself, if federal prosecutors, FISA, the FBI and the justice department would do all of this to the President of the United States (and his associates like Roger Stone, Carter Page, etc.,) just think what they could do to you, and no one would ever hear a word about it.


So delusional. Their rights were not thrown out. I know you live in a fantasy world of right wing radio, but those arguments are false . Every single last one of them.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:47 pm

N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok..


because the sentencing guildelines don´t consider US citizens committing what, at war times, would be an open and close treason case, but without a war.. If one could be charges with treason outside of war, Stone would end up on death row.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.


So? It his layers job to do the peremptory challenging, isn´t it? Obviously they didn´t have the problem with those Jurors that you wish to wish into existence, or If the Judge didn´t allow them to be stricken, there wasn´t a permissible reason to do so, or again it is his lawyers failure to challenge that, isn´t it?
Considering a Jury pool of 32 and 12+2 actually being selected claiming a biased jury is flat out crazy. He wasn´t defended by an overworked public defender after all.....

Fact of the matter is that his lawyers wanted everyone removed that doesn´t reply "heil Führer" when Trump is mentioned. Yes, they tried to have any Jury stricken that voted the wrong way..... "Jury of peers" in Trumpistan mean "Yes, my Führer" fanatics only.

And how exactly did those few democrats on the Jury get the rest of the Jury to pass a unanimous verdict on all counts...... ?

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:05 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok..


because the sentencing guildelines don´t consider US citizens committing what, at war times, would be an open and close treason case, but without a war.. If one could be charges with treason outside of war, Stone would end up on death row.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.


So? It his layers job to do the peremptory challenging, isn´t it? Obviously they didn´t have the problem with those Jurors that you wish to wish into existence, or If the Judge didn´t allow them to be stricken, there wasn´t a permissible reason to do so, or again it is his lawyers failure to challenge that, isn´t it?
Considering a Jury pool of 32 and 12+2 actually being selected claiming a biased jury is flat out crazy. He wasn´t defended by an overworked public defender after all.....

Fact of the matter is that his lawyers wanted everyone removed that doesn´t reply "heil Führer" when Trump is mentioned. Yes, they tried to have any Jury stricken that voted the wrong way..... "Jury of peers" in Trumpistan mean "Yes, my Führer" fanatics only.

And how exactly did those few democrats on the Jury get the rest of the Jury to pass a unanimous verdict on all counts...... ?

best regards
Thomas



The best part of it all, the Jury foreman was chosen from his peers. They felt he was the most responsible member to deliver the verdict after they had all voted on it,. Smething tells me that these folks that complain about a Jury foreman have never served on a jury.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm

afcjets wrote:
just think what they could do to you, and no one would ever hear a word about it.


As for every law abiding citizen it means that they can do exactly jack to me, or anybody else. Stone was convicted because he is guilty. As it should be.

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10555
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Pyrex wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.

So, a jury of Sebs convicted Stone, and then sentenced him to 3x the federal sentencing guidelines, and you all think this is a travesty of justice that Barr stepped in and said Wtf to up to 9 years in jail. I don’t like stone, Barr, or really trump for that matter, but you can’t sit here with a straight face and say he had a fair trial nor a fair sentencing.


Trump's election has caused Democrats to really lose their minds and systematically try to erase every single right Mr Bill of Rights in order to ensure that does not occur again, and if possible reverse what already happened. Carter Page's 4th Amendment Rights and Michael Flynn's 6th Amendment rights were thrown off the window as soon as it became convenient, but I must say, I never expected such a casual approach to the 8th Amendment just because they don't like Roger Stone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Am ... prov=sfla1


Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - kindly provide detailed citations for the above claims from nonpartisan sources.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:25 pm

This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.

As for this, huge mistake for Trump to get involved on this, makes no sense, this is why I think his tweets are sometimes his worst enemy. Yes it was a harsh sentence, but just pardon or commute his sentence, no need to tweet and get involved on this. Provides great cover for the Dems who need crap like this from Trump in order to hide their internal chaos.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:48 pm

N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pump heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.

So, a jury of Sebs convicted Stone, and then sentenced him to 3x the federal sentencing guidelines, and you all think this is a travesty of justice that Barr stepped in and said Wtf to up to 9 years in jail. I don’t like stone, Barr, or really trump for that matter, but you can’t sit here with a straight face and say he had a fair trial nor a fair sentencing.

No. Normal sentencing guidelines for nonviolent offenders is 15-21 months. Since one of the charges Stone was convicted on was witness tampering THREATENING VIOLENCE, it got bumped up to the higher range. That’s probably strange for the GOP to hear now since threatening witnesses, judges, whistleblowers, anyone telling the truth is now a core value—but once upon a time that was a generally agreed upon no-no.

TTailedTiger wrote:
Why did he deserve nine years in prison? Clapper lied to Congress and nothing was done to him. You all seems want different standards for Republicans and Democrats.

Trump and his Goebbels DOJ can charge Clapper whenever they want.

Pyrex wrote:
tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists,

Where's the lie?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 2129
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:52 pm

Trump and Barr are playing rope-a-dope with Dems on Stone sentencing

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ncing.html

Because they are obsessed (and deranged with TDS), Democrats are utterly predictable in their reactions to the statements and actions of President Trump and his key allies like AG Barr. Taking to Twitter with his public objection to the harsh sentence recommendation for Roger Stone handed down by the 4 prosecutors who obtained a guilty verdict, President Trump knew that Democrats would react hysterically. And sure enough, they have taken the bait.

There are numerous examples of offenses by Democrats far worse than Stone’s that have received far lighter sentences. For example, James Wolfe, a top aide of the Senate Special Committee on Intelligence, who leaked classified information to a young female reporter with whom he was having a sexual affair and received a sentence of two months on 3 counts of lying to federal investigators.


4D Chess vs Dems playing 2D checkers. Okay. Let's Play !!
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:00 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump and Barr are playing rope-a-dope with Dems on Stone sentencing

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ncing.html

Because they are obsessed (and deranged with TDS), Democrats are utterly predictable in their reactions to the statements and actions of President Trump and his key allies like AG Barr. Taking to Twitter with his public objection to the harsh sentence recommendation for Roger Stone handed down by the 4 prosecutors who obtained a guilty verdict, President Trump knew that Democrats would react hysterically. And sure enough, they have taken the bait.

There are numerous examples of offenses by Democrats far worse than Stone’s that have received far lighter sentences. For example, James Wolfe, a top aide of the Senate Special Committee on Intelligence, who leaked classified information to a young female reporter with whom he was having a sexual affair and received a sentence of two months on 3 counts of lying to federal investigators.


4D Chess vs Dems playing 2D checkers. Okay. Let's Play !!


American thinker is your source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Thinker

The magazine has been described as a conservative blog.[6][7] Right Wing Watch points out that American Thinker has published an excessively complimentary piece on a white nationalist, claimed women ruined public discourse by complaining about rape, and asserted that rainbow-colored Doritos are a "gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality."[8]
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
N757ST
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:01 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok..


because the sentencing guildelines don´t consider US citizens committing what, at war times, would be an open and close treason case, but without a war.. If one could be charges with treason outside of war, Stone would end up on death row.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.


So? It his layers job to do the peremptory challenging, isn´t it? Obviously they didn´t have the problem with those Jurors that you wish to wish into existence, or If the Judge didn´t allow them to be stricken, there wasn´t a permissible reason to do so, or again it is his lawyers failure to challenge that, isn´t it?
Considering a Jury pool of 32 and 12+2 actually being selected claiming a biased jury is flat out crazy. He wasn´t defended by an overworked public defender after all.....

Fact of the matter is that his lawyers wanted everyone removed that doesn´t reply "heil Führer" when Trump is mentioned. Yes, they tried to have any Jury stricken that voted the wrong way..... "Jury of peers" in Trumpistan mean "Yes, my Führer" fanatics only.

And how exactly did those few democrats on the Jury get the rest of the Jury to pass a unanimous verdict on all counts...... ?

best regards
Thomas



Could it be the juror... gasp... lied! Astonishing. A biased juror is a biased juror.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 pm

Real facts about Roger Stone:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/politics ... index.html

Jackson revoked Manafort's bail in 2018 after he was accused by prosecutors of trying to tamper with witnesses who might testify against him at trial. (He later pleaded guilty to witness tampering.)


This was after the criminal was released on bail.

He wound up in confined quarters because of his profile and own requests.

Jackson did not dictate where Manafort would be jailed or the conditions of his incarceration. He was sent to the Northern Neck Regional Jail in rural Virginia, where he had a large private room, bathroom, shower, workspace, phone and laptop. He even said during a monitored phone call that he was being treated like a VIP, according to a court filing by prosecutors.
But Manafort complained about being at Northern Neck, saying it was too far from his lawyers and that he was being held in solitary. These complaints were lodged with T.S. Ellis, the federal judge overseeing Manafort's other criminal case in Virginia. Ellis then transferred Manafort to the city jail in Alexandria, Virginia, much closer to the courthouse where he went on trial in 2018.



But Stone is in much more legal jeopardy after being convicted of seven felonies, including witness tampering. Wolfe pleaded guilty to just one count of lying to the FBI.
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
N757ST
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:11 pm

And the sentence guidelines for witness tampering and lying under oath are 15-21 months. Except the prosecutor said he wants to make an example of him. So the escalators. If this was anything but political do you think a prosecutor would ever recommend up to 9 years? I agree with locking him up, but making an “example” of someone... nope.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 9947
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:14 pm

N757ST wrote:
And the sentence guidelines for witness tampering and lying under oath are 15-21 months. Except the prosecutor said he wants to make an example of him. So the escalators. If this was anything but political do you think a prosecutor would ever recommend up to 9 years? I agree with locking him up, but making an “example” of someone... nope.


7 FELONIES.

7 CONVICTED FELONIES.

7-9 years seems reasonable.

How long did you serve for your felonies?
Where ever you go, there you are.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:17 pm

N757ST wrote:
And the sentence guidelines for witness tampering and lying under oath are 15-21 months. Except the prosecutor said he wants to make an example of him. So the escalators. If this was anything but political do you think a prosecutor would ever recommend up to 9 years? I agree with locking him up, but making an “example” of someone... nope.

Did you miss the violence part or are you just being obtuse?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:19 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump and Barr are playing rope-a-dope with Dems on Stone sentencing

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... ncing.html

Because they are obsessed (and deranged with TDS), Democrats are utterly predictable in their reactions to the statements and actions of President Trump and his key allies like AG Barr. Taking to Twitter with his public objection to the harsh sentence recommendation for Roger Stone handed down by the 4 prosecutors who obtained a guilty verdict, President Trump knew that Democrats would react hysterically. And sure enough, they have taken the bait.

There are numerous examples of offenses by Democrats far worse than Stone’s that have received far lighter sentences. For example, James Wolfe, a top aide of the Senate Special Committee on Intelligence, who leaked classified information to a young female reporter with whom he was having a sexual affair and received a sentence of two months on 3 counts of lying to federal investigators.


4D Chess vs Dems playing 2D checkers. Okay. Let's Play !!


And lying to federal investigators is equivalent to witness tempering, including the thread of violence, how exactly? Only one carries up to 20 years .....

Plus that iffy detail that, unless you can proof otherwise, no one interfered via the DoJ, and hence your whole point is quite pointless.

And I can not fail to notice that James Wolfe wasn't convicted of any leaking of classified information, apparently not even charged with it, and hence your claim seems pretty frivolous. He also plead guilty.... which usually gives you more credit than lying about being innocent and trying the fun and games you are being charged with during your trial...

It's not 4-D chess Trump and Barr are playing, coup d'etat is the name of the game.

Seems you fell for a hit job without even back checking any details. Again.

N757ST wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
N757ST wrote:
Normal federal sentencing guidelines would have indicated a sentence of 15-21 months, but Stone gets 7-9 years because.... politics and fairness? Ok..


because the sentencing guildelines don´t consider US citizens committing what, at war times, would be an open and close treason case, but without a war.. If one could be charges with treason outside of war, Stone would end up on death row.

The Jury foreman against roger stone ran for Congress as a democrat, tweeted multiple times that all trump supporters are racists, tweeted anger about the mueller report, and on the day she voted to convict stone tweeted images of fist pumop heart emojis. A potential juror was married to a DOJ official in the same division investigating stone and the judge did not allow them to be stricken. Yet another juror donated money to Betos election campaign.


So? It his layers job to do the peremptory challenging, isn´t it? Obviously they didn´t have the problem with those Jurors that you wish to wish into existence, or If the Judge didn´t allow them to be stricken, there wasn´t a permissible reason to do so, or again it is his lawyers failure to challenge that, isn´t it?
Considering a Jury pool of 32 and 12+2 actually being selected claiming a biased jury is flat out crazy. He wasn´t defended by an overworked public defender after all.....

Fact of the matter is that his lawyers wanted everyone removed that doesn´t reply "heil Führer" when Trump is mentioned. Yes, they tried to have any Jury stricken that voted the wrong way..... "Jury of peers" in Trumpistan mean "Yes, my Führer" fanatics only.

And how exactly did those few democrats on the Jury get the rest of the Jury to pass a unanimous verdict on all counts...... ?

best regards
Thomas



Could it be the juror... gasp... lied! Astonishing. A biased juror is a biased juror.


Unless you can proof that that just makes the pile of horse droppings you are trying to sell higher....

Could be that Trump, and his whole family, is dead and they where swapped with KGB sleeper agents having gotten plastic surgery and he isn't even a native born American.... the orange paint is to hide the scars from that plastic surgery. Trump is in fact Putins assumed to be dead brother. Could be.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
N757ST
Posts: 898
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:00 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Tommy... do you think this guys lawyers are so dumb as to allow a former democrat representative candidate, that openly and during trial was exposing anti trump view in social media, and called all trump racists, to serve as a juror if she candidly and honestly answered her juror questionnaire?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 11849
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 pm

N757ST wrote:
Tommy... do you think this guys lawyers are so dumb as to allow a former democrat representative candidate, that openly and during trial was exposing anti trump view in social media, and called all trump racists, to serve as a juror if she candidly and honestly answered her juror questionnaire?


That is obviously the case. Manafort was convicted by a Trump fan too, remember. His lawyers just came to the conclusion those jurors will do impartial justice, as they obviously did considering the unanimous verdict on all counts. I know the concept of impartial jurors is alien to you, but that is the qualifying characteristic of a juror.

So, did he also smuggle a gun into the deliberation to force all other to their verdict at gun point?

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:03 pm

N757ST wrote:
Tommy... do you think this guys lawyers are so dumb as to allow a former democrat representative candidate, that openly and during trial was exposing anti trump view in social media, and called all trump racists, to serve as a juror if she candidly and honestly answered her juror questionnaire?

You realize there is more than one juror, right? Still not sure why calling all trump supporters racist is that groundbreaking--it's like calling water wet :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
apodino
Posts: 3642
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm

I honestly don't know what to make of this case nor is it my place to say whether or not Stone actually did anything wrong. People on both sides will spin this in their own way. However here are my neutral thoughts on this.

1. If the reports about the Juror foreman are true, and the tweets did happen during the trial, I can easily see this conviction being overturned. Now whether or not he gets retried is a different story altogether.
2. I am not buying that Trump had no communication with Barr about this issue at all.
3. Barr is the final say at the justice department, so it is within his rights to tell his prosecutors that he doesn't agree with them on the sentencing issue. Usually these disagreements happen behind closed doors. For some reason, the prosecutors chose to resign. There is something more here, and I cant put my finger on if its Barr, or these prosecutors are part of the so called swamp.
4. Trump could just commute the sentence rather than pardon Stone. To me that seems to be the best compromise solution to this.
5. Trump seems to be shaking up everything that happens in Washington and the old way of doing things seems to be out the door. Like him or not, Bernie Sanders is campaigning on exactly the same thing. The DC Establishment does not like this on either side.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3165
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:00 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.


The "Roger Stone thing" started well before the 2016 election - more than 4 years ago. Those democrats you mention must have had an uncannily percipient vision of the future to plan it as "a great smoke screen" for 2020...


:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
bhill
Posts: 1703
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2001 8:28 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:01 pm

Aesma wrote:
afcjets wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Maybe even hand out IOUs for future crimes--really streamline the process. Fox can throw in a contributor role on the backend to ensure they don't go hungry.

Not a bad idea actually, I would totally support that as a deterrent to abuse by our justice system. Anyone convicted of any process crime as a result of an investigation based on false pretenses automatically gets a get out of jail free card. It's not holding overzealous and unscrupulous prosecutors and the like accountable for their actions and making them criminally liable as they should be, but it's a move in the right direction.


Your justice system is like that because you elect judges and prosecutors, who go on to be pure politicians, so for decades you have had this "law and order" obsession.

Some of these "process crimes" are of course ridiculous, however what you're proposing is a direct road to dictatorship. If you can tamper with evidence and witnesses, then all court cases will end up as "abuse" since the prosecution's case will be destroyed.


What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.
Carpe Pices
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:10 pm

alfa164 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.


The "Roger Stone thing" started well before the 2016 election - more than 4 years ago. Those democrats you mention must have had an uncannily percipient vision of the future to plan it as "a great smoke screen" for 2020...


:roll:


All of this 'outrage' for Trump commenting and the subsequent fallout from the DOJ updating the requested sentence.

All of these 'news' is drowning out the debacle of the Democrat primaries and the rise of socialist Bernie.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
AirWorthy99
Posts: 405
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 pm

bhill wrote:
Aesma wrote:
afcjets wrote:
Not a bad idea actually, I would totally support that as a deterrent to abuse by our justice system. Anyone convicted of any process crime as a result of an investigation based on false pretenses automatically gets a get out of jail free card. It's not holding overzealous and unscrupulous prosecutors and the like accountable for their actions and making them criminally liable as they should be, but it's a move in the right direction.


Your justice system is like that because you elect judges and prosecutors, who go on to be pure politicians, so for decades you have had this "law and order" obsession.

Some of these "process crimes" are of course ridiculous, however what you're proposing is a direct road to dictatorship. If you can tamper with evidence and witnesses, then all court cases will end up as "abuse" since the prosecution's case will be destroyed.


What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.


You got it hand to the European folks, for them their system is always better, their government, everything. Yes be proud of your utopian civilization, look how much death it created in the 20th century.
“In my experience eloquent men are right every bit as often as imbeciles.” Tyrion Lannister
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm

casinterest wrote:
N757ST wrote:
And the sentence guidelines for witness tampering and lying under oath are 15-21 months. Except the prosecutor said he wants to make an example of him. So the escalators. If this was anything but political do you think a prosecutor would ever recommend up to 9 years? I agree with locking him up, but making an “example” of someone... nope.


7 FELONIES.

7 CONVICTED FELONIES.

7-9 years seems reasonable.

How long did you serve for your felonies?


Witness tampering, if it is strictly harassing someone into giving false statements, is a maximum of one year. That is seven years right there.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-c ... ering.html

Perjury is another year

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/c ... erjury.htm

Obstruction sentence is typically five years

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/ ... stice.html

So, that is 7+1+5=13 years. Prosecutors were asking for at least seven years. Just over half of a typical sentence. MAGA leaders want even less, if anything.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:29 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.


The "Roger Stone thing" started well before the 2016 election - more than 4 years ago. Those democrats you mention must have had an uncannily percipient vision of the future to plan it as "a great smoke screen" for 2020...


:roll:


All of this 'outrage' for Trump commenting and the subsequent fallout from the DOJ updating the requested sentence.

All of these 'news' is drowning out the debacle of the Democrat primaries and the rise of socialist Bernie.


Socialism is great when compaines are "too big to fail" isn't it? No one talks about corporate socilaism. Just socialism when it helps people who actually pay into the system

Also, and I have asked this many, many, many times:

What is the history of the "democrat" party? I know your boogieman Bernie is running for president on the Democratic party side. I didn't realize he was running as a candidate for another party?
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
User avatar
Aaron747
Posts: 10555
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:07 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:42 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
bhill wrote:
Aesma wrote:

Your justice system is like that because you elect judges and prosecutors, who go on to be pure politicians, so for decades you have had this "law and order" obsession.

Some of these "process crimes" are of course ridiculous, however what you're proposing is a direct road to dictatorship. If you can tamper with evidence and witnesses, then all court cases will end up as "abuse" since the prosecution's case will be destroyed.


What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would rather our Judges be appointed? By whom? The President??!! Look how well that works! Call us naive in the ways of the the world but we try to play fair...with ethics and honesty, without that all bets are off. And as for being naive....the next time a European/Asian despot plans on stating another Word War, we will not be so stupid to get involved.....

"Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" you know...

As for "these process crimes?" Ask the poor bastards whose lives were destroyed in the 2008 meltdown...millions of folks...or any asshole who hacks into financial systems and trashes millions of folks financial health. You do not have to wield a firearm or physical weapon to cause havoc and death. White collar crimes can be just as damaging to societies.


You got it hand to the European folks, for them their system is always better, their government, everything. Yes be proud of your utopian civilization, look how much death it created in the 20th century.


Newsflash: the 1930s were over EIGHTY years ago
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 17853
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 am

AirWorthy99 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
This Roger Stone thing is a great smoke screen for the current dumpster fire with the democrats, who are blundering their way to the 2020 election.


The "Roger Stone thing" started well before the 2016 election - more than 4 years ago. Those democrats you mention must have had an uncannily percipient vision of the future to plan it as "a great smoke screen" for 2020...


:roll:


All of this 'outrage' for Trump commenting and the subsequent fallout from the DOJ updating the requested sentence.

All of these 'news' is drowning out the debacle of the Democrat primaries and the rise of socialist Bernie.

...with Trump instantly predictably pissing away the bump-lette he got from his "best week ever". Brilliant.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:15 am

seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
N757ST wrote:
And the sentence guidelines for witness tampering and lying under oath are 15-21 months. Except the prosecutor said he wants to make an example of him. So the escalators. If this was anything but political do you think a prosecutor would ever recommend up to 9 years? I agree with locking him up, but making an “example” of someone... nope.


7 FELONIES.

7 CONVICTED FELONIES.

7-9 years seems reasonable.

How long did you serve for your felonies?


Witness tampering, if it is strictly harassing someone into giving false statements, is a maximum of one year. That is seven years right there.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-c ... ering.html

Perjury is another year

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/c ... erjury.htm

Obstruction sentence is typically five years

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/ ... stice.html

So, that is 7+1+5=13 years. Prosecutors were asking for at least seven years. Just over half of a typical sentence. MAGA leaders want even less, if anything.


It's sad that you don't realize that multiple counts of the same crime would be served concurrently. They don't add up.
 
User avatar
seb146
Posts: 21454
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:31 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
seb146 wrote:
casinterest wrote:

7 FELONIES.

7 CONVICTED FELONIES.

7-9 years seems reasonable.

How long did you serve for your felonies?


Witness tampering, if it is strictly harassing someone into giving false statements, is a maximum of one year. That is seven years right there.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-c ... ering.html

Perjury is another year

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/c ... erjury.htm

Obstruction sentence is typically five years

https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/ ... stice.html

So, that is 7+1+5=13 years. Prosecutors were asking for at least seven years. Just over half of a typical sentence. MAGA leaders want even less, if anything.


It's sad that you don't realize that multiple counts of the same crime would be served concurrently. They don't add up.


Not always. Sometimes, but not always.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!
 
dmg626
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Re: Prosecutors quit Roger Stone case

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:36 am

Trump 2024!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drew777, hkg82, Kiwirob, MDGLongBeach, Reinhardt, Sokes, TWA772LR and 72 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos