1337Delta764
Topic Author

Possible full list of Macy's closures leaked?

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:29 am

https://www.thelayoff.com/t/13uNHKB9

According to this post, this list of stores are what Macy's considers "neighborhood stores", and all of these stores are planned to be closed. Two stores in Arizona are on this list - Paradise Valley Mall and Tucson Park Place. Neighborhood stores are either located in Class C or D malls, and/or are in close proximity to more profitable stores.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

NIKV69

Re: Possible full list of Macy's closures leaked?

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:15 am

Quite Frankly I don't know how any JC Pennies or Macy's are still open.
I am the Googlizer!!!

stl07

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:21 am

Agree with nickv, I was pleasantly surprised to see the Macy's still open at my local mall
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

seb146

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:38 am

Some of us need an outfit N-O-W!!! so I am glad many Macy's and JCP are still open. Also, not all clothes fit the same. XL at Macy's fit different than XL at JCP fit different than XL at Old Navy fit different than XL at American Eagle.....

I am sad that the Macy's in ALW is closed. There is one woman there who is a gem. She was always such a delight and so helpful, it is a shame she is out of a job and we will not be seeing her anymore! I wish I did more to save her job.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

slider

Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:52 pm

Penney's seems to have done a decent job of enduring, given their legacy and such. I had to run into one over Christmas for an Angel Tree gift at the mall and was surprised at how welcoming the store was, nice refresh, different departments had different appearances, finishings and floor coverings in fact. Decent product quality and selection too.

It's a solid department store offering; they're not high end like Dillard's or Nordstrom nor do they pretend to be. JC Penney may have figured out who they are and how to market themselves before it was too late. Sears got underwater. Macy's is underwater.

Although the last time I was in Macy's, i saw a lot of upscale brands that were surprisingly discounted.

I do like a brick and mortar outlet like this from time to time.

ltbewr

Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:26 pm

The lists may have to do with State layoff notice requirements, perhaps leaked as leverage to get tax breaks or reductions in lease rates via pressure on local and state governments.

einsteinboricua

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:23 pm

IF that is true, then the two Macy's stores closest to me will close, which means about a 30 minute commute to the closest one (not like I shop a lot there, but it's nice to go in from time to time and find some bargains).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."