sonicruiser
Topic Author

Egypt's population passes 100M, projected to hit 145M by 2030

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:23 am

Egypt has become the 14th country in the world to pass 100M people.

Egypt's population is expected to hit 145M people by 2030, edging out Russia to become the 10th most populous country in the world.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/egyp ... ion-people
شما می توانید مردم را تحریم کنید ، اما نمی توانید سبک تحریم را اعمال کنید

You can sanction people, but you can't sanction style

tu204

Re: Egypt's population passes 100M, projected to hit 145M by 2030

Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:06 am

Are any measures being taken to...ummm...promote "family planning"?

Egypt isn't that bad of a place, don't get me wrong. But right now they are at the limits, if not past, of the population that can be supported by their resources.
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

Dutchy

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 am

Link

So Egypt has a very young population, lots of women will become in the childbearing age in the next ten years. So the growth of the Egyptian population is unavoidable.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

tu204

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:02 am

Dutchy wrote:

Link

So Egypt has a very young population, lots of women will become in the childbearing age in the next ten years. So the growth of the Egyptian population is unavoidable.

Damn...that chart shows a ticking timebomb...
I do not dream about movie stars, they must dream about me for I am real and they are not. - Alexander Popov

Aaron747

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:37 am

What a terrible demographic spread - with 60+ million under 35 at a glance, and the fact they are already breeding like crazy, their population is going to absolutely explode in the next 40 years. Horrible.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

tu204

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:56 am

Aaron747 wrote:
What a terrible demographic spread - with 60+ million under 35 at a glance, and the fact they are already breeding like crazy, their population is going to absolutely explode in the next 40 years. Horrible.

Yeah. And when they run into the catastrophe that's looming, I seriously hope they will not be counting on too much foreign aid coming in to feed them.

Too often we have uncontrolled population growth and then a few years down the road pictures on TV with hungry children and aid agencies asking for money to feed them.
Blows my mind really. It's not like this just happened overnight! Got nothing against providing medical and food aid when there is a natural disaster. But in a scenario like this - got yourself into it, now come the consequences of that.