Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

MSNBC cans Chris Matthews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:40 am

Announced as mutual, but the media already had its mind made up to support Biden. When Matthews said the Democratic primary battle was effectively over (in favor of Sanders) after the Nevada caucus, he went a step too far for his left-wing employer. With this, the #MeToo movement also got its pound of flesh.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/chris- ... c-n1147536

stl07

Re: MSNBC cans Chris Matthews

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:04 am

Not mutual at all and I hope the Bernie bros are happy for ruining a man's carrier because he said one thing against him and then started a train of accusations. I didn't agree with Chris on many things, but I will miss him. OP, are you sure you know what you are talking about. It was his comments against sanders that brought him trouble
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

dtw2hyd

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:36 am

I don't mind if they made up their mind on a winnable candidate. I would rather see a Sanders/Warren ticket. Democratic party already burnt so much political capital saving Joe.
All posts are just opinions.

Aesma

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:38 am

I've not followed this at all but I'm not sure why you're accusing the Bernie bros, he said something stupid, then something else stupid, then sexual harassment accusations came and he recognizes he was in the wrong, what do you expect ? As for ruining his career, he's 74 !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

NIKV69

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:39 am

stl07 wrote:
Not mutual at all and I hope the Bernie bros are happy for ruining a man's carrier because he said one thing against him and then started a train of accusations. I didn't agree with Chris on many things, but I will miss him. OP, are you sure you know what you are talking about. It was his comments against sanders that brought him trouble

Nobody but Chris Matthews is responsible for what happened. Why will you miss him? He was a zealot and a fear monger that did nothing but divide. Good riddance. Now if we only can say goodbye to Joy Reid. Maddow et al and maybe we can get somewhere.
I am the Googlizer!!!

ltbewr

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:47 am

Matthews announced his 'retirement' at the open of his show tonight. An article on MSN website suggested that Matthews was considering retirement for a while.https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chris ... spartandhp

I suspect he wanted to stay until the end of the calendar year, through the fall elections and its possible aftermath (if like 2000). He is 74 years old. He said some really dumb things in the last month and less frequently for years. He has attitudes of women, as a recent situation showed, that are obsolete and with #metoo, women will now complain at the small slight. Comcast is deathly afraid of any lawsuits from women after the Matt Lauer serial assaults of women, so needed to cut Matthews off, perhaps in over-reaction before it hurt productively and the workplace for women workers. There is no doubt he will get pension or retirement monies in the millions and has been qualified to retire for years so no real need to continue to work.

LCDFlight

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:48 am

His career wasn't ruined at all. At age 74, he earned a pretty good reputation in his long career. Leaving MSNBC only improves that. Congratulations on retirement to him.

I really didn't mind him. He was fair minded, compared to the deplorable doldrums of his channel.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:53 am

stl07 wrote:

MSNBC and parent company NBC are all-in for Biden and do a poor job of masking it. Matthews committed an internal mortal sin by stating the Democratic primaries were effectively decided in Sanders' favor after the Nevada caucus. Any previous comments he made against Sanders meant nothing. His declaration that Sanders had the nomination tied up, along with ongoing heat from #Metoo made it clear Chris had to go. If you saw his on-the-air swan song tonight, it was clear this was not a mutual decision, and that he is clearly upset.

stl07

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:03 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:

MSNBC and parent company NBC are all-in for Biden and do a poor job of masking it. Matthews committed an internal mortal sin by stating the Democratic primaries were effectively decided in Sanders' favor after the Nevada caucus. Any previous comments he made against Sanders meant nothing. His declaration that Sanders had the nomination tied up, along with ongoing heat from #Metoo made it clear Chris had to go. If you saw his on-the-air swan song tonight, it was clear this was not a mutual decision, and that he is clearly upset.

He was recently forced to apologize to Bernie. You are mixing things up
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.

WidebodyPTV

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:

Conspiracy theories... He resigned simply because his accuser went public and NBC thought it needed to act.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:45 am

stl07 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:

That you don't know what the apology was for is apparent. He said 'it's over' (meaning, in his opinion, Sanders getting the nomination was virtually assured). His statement was essentially supportive of Sanders' nomination. The apology was for the example he used. Use this link to become 'unmixed.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/busi ... ology.html

LCDFlight

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:04 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

That you don't know what the apology was for is apparent. He said 'it's over' (meaning, in his opinion, Sanders getting the nomination was virtually assured). His statement was essentially supportive of Sanders' nomination. The apology was for the example he used. Use this link to become 'unmixed.'

He's a commentator. He can't make comments about the news? What a time to be alive.

As I recall, many news hosts made inaccurate comments about the 2016 election. Probably over 90%.

stl07

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:02 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

And? Bernie Bros are literally rejoicing on Twitter. They and warren started the momentum to get him out. NOT BIDEN. Stop spreading false theories.

stl07

Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:04 am

"Chris Matthews to Leave MSNBC Amid Controversy, Sanders Remarks"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chris-matt ... 1583193700

And for the record, the media has been against Biden, not for him. Every day they said his campaign is getting tired and has no way to win.

seb146

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:07 am

Reading through this and I remember the same people dancing and partying that he has left are the same people on the verge of riots when O'Reilly was canned and when Shep Smith was canned for speaking truth to power.

Face it: the right hates dissent. This thread proves it.

I thought Matthews was an unhinged lunatic but so what? Let him yell at clouds. He is in the same group as Limbaugh and Hannity. Just angry old men.

EDIT:

The OP mentioned the #MeToo movement also got its pound of flesh which makes me sick. IF he sexually harassed women, he should be held accountable. Just like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Imus, the pu**y grabber in chief, but, no. Only Matthews should be held accountable. Would you want your mother, sister, daughter or even brother, son, or father treated like a piece of meat? Like a simple possession to be tossed aside when every man gets tired of her? No? Then stop with the hate of #metoo
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:18 am

stl07 wrote:
"Chris Matthews to Leave MSNBC Amid Controversy, Sanders Remarks"
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chris-matt ... 1583193700

And for the record, the media has been against Biden, not for him. Every day they said his campaign is getting tired and has no way to win.

That was until his big win in S. Carolina. MSNBC/NBC was backing him since he first announced. As to your previous msg, my ORIGINAL point was MSNBC = pro Biden. Matthews remark (it's over) is interpreted as favorable to Sanders. Result: discord to level not tolerated by MSNBC when it has gone all-in for Biden. (If you think not, you're not 'reading between the lines' when watching)

I never implied Matthews was supportive of Sanders, only that his remark (it's over) was seen as a positive for Sanders. Matthews was just being truthful without the intent of being seen as supportive.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:20 am

If anything said about his conduct toward female colleagues and staff is true, it’s not unsurprising he’d need to resign or be asked to. We’re at a new normal. Those of us who don’t disrespect female colleagues have nothing to worry about.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:26 am

seb146 wrote:
Reading through this and I remember the same people dancing and partying that he has left are the same people on the verge of riots when O'Reilly was canned and when Shep Smith was canned for speaking truth to power.

Face it: the right hates dissent. This thread proves it.

I thought Matthews was an unhinged lunatic but so what? Let him yell at clouds. He is in the same group as Limbaugh and Hannity. Just angry old men.

EDIT:

The OP mentioned the #MeToo movement also got its pound of flesh which makes me sick. IF he sexually harassed women, he should be held accountable. Just like Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Imus, the pu**y grabber in chief, but, no. Only Matthews should be held accountable. Would you want your mother, sister, daughter or even brother, son, or father treated like a piece of meat? Like a simple possession to be tossed aside when every man gets tired of her? No? Then stop with the hate of #metoo

Seb, I wasn't rejoicing, simply reporting breaking news. How did anything I wrote seem to condone how Matthews treated women? And how did anything here translate into 'hate' of #metoo in your mind? Assumptions?

NIKV69

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:57 am

seb146 wrote:

#metoo

Nobody was on the verge of riots when O'Reilly got canned. Now please source your claim or retract the statement. I was happy when O'Reilly left. We can do without this throwing things out there from thin air it doesn't help the discussion.
I am the Googlizer!!!

KFTG

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:19 am

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Redd

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:41 am

Aaron747 wrote:
If anything said about his conduct toward female colleagues and staff is true, it’s not unsurprising he’d need to resign or be asked to. We’re at a new normal. Those of us who don’t disrespect female colleagues have nothing to worry about.

The only problem with that is, what equals disrespect right now has no clear black and white boundaries.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:48 am

Redd wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

The only problem with that is, what equals disrespect right now has no clear black and white boundaries.

Nonsense - we’ve had employees claim the same, the answer is quite clear: If you comment lasciviously on appearance, crowd space menacingly or make unwanted physical contact - the line has been crossed. There is zero professional justification for any of the above.

If things have already gone to the personal side, good rules of thumb: if you ask a colleague out, one ‘no’ is sufficient, be an adult and drop it. Don’t keep sending email, wait in the parking lot like a creep etc. If asked not to contact anymore outside of work, respect that.

These are not difficult things for mature people to do. People lacking maturity is the prime reason HR has become adult babysitting.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

ltbewr

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:38 am

One has to wonder if female staffers didn't want to work with him and female as well some male guests didn't want to show up with Chris Matthews after some of the disclosures of his behavior along with his behaviors in his recent interview with Sen. Warren. Perhaps MSNBC on-air women like Rachael Maddow also expressed issues with Matthews' behaviors. It is possible more was to come out so he had to be fired/forced to retire.

einsteinboricua

Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:34 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:

I want to invite you over to my house. I'm gonna grill some steaks and I want to use the high quality tin foil you're using as a hat.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

AirWorthy99

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:49 pm

So now telling a woman looks beautiful is disrespect. Amazing times we live in.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:58 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Beautiful women know they look great and don't need to hear it from every creepy John. If you work at a TV station as a hairdresser or producer, and your opinion is sought, that's one thing. Unsolicited comments and opinions are an entirely different thing. Please tell me what professional relevance your attraction to someone has in the workplace. I'll tell you the answer from any employer's perspective: ZERO.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AirWorthy99

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Beautiful women know they look great and don't need to hear it from every creepy John. Please tell me what professional relevance your attraction to someone has in the workplace. I'll tell you the answer from any employer's perspective: ZERO.

I hear women compliment men's appearance all the time in the workplace, I don't see any problem as long as you cross any boundaries and you don't appear to suggest other things on your opinions.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:01 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Beautiful women know they look great and don't need to hear it from every creepy John. Please tell me what professional relevance your attraction to someone has in the workplace. I'll tell you the answer from any employer's perspective: ZERO.

I hear women compliment men's appearance all the time in the workplace, I don't see any problem as long as you cross any boundaries and you don't appear to suggest other things on your opinions.

Non sequitur. We are talking about professional relevance. You didn't answer the question - *what* does commenting on appearance have to do with your job? NOTHING.

AirWorthy99

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

Non sequitur. We are talking about professional relevance. You didn't answer the question - *what* does commenting on appearance have to do with your job? NOTHING.

Yeah I understand you deal with this daily, perhaps you have more knowledge and training on the subject. But very rarely I hear of any complaints from women regarding the compliments they often receive on their looks from fellow employees or even clients in a professional level. So its all relative I think.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:13 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

Yeah I understand you deal with this daily, perhaps you have more knowledge and training on the subject. But very rarely I hear of any complaints from women regarding the compliments they often receive on their looks from fellow employees or even clients in a professional level. So its all relative I think.

So you're incapable of answering the question? Putting aside whatever you believe about what women believe - what is the professional reason to make comments to someone you find attractive?

What's more relative than anything is the employer's perspective - reread reply 28. No employer wants to be held liable just because someone who signed an employment contract is unable to conduct themselves within clear guidelines. It's supposed to be an adult world where people are paid to do something, not high school.

OA412

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:16 pm

This thread is about Chris Matthews, not the Duke lacrosse case. Please keep things on topic.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

AirWorthy99

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

So you're incapable of answering the question? Putting aside whatever you believe about what women believe - what is the professional reason to make comments to someone you find attractive?

What's more relative than anything is the employer's perspective - reread reply 28. No employer wants to be held liable just because someone who signed an employment contract is unable to conduct themselves within clear guidelines. It's supposed to be an adult world where people are paid to do something, not high school.

No professional reason, granted. I believe if a woman feels uncomfortable, the man should just stop it and apologize.

Where did I say saying someone looks beautiful means I find her attractive? No absolute connection. That I thought was being polite and complementing, but I agree, its a complex territory this day an age.

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:32 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

I want to invite you over to my house. I'm gonna grill some steaks and I want to use the high quality tin foil you're using as a hat.

I'll rely on your expertise to explain IN DETAIL why this deserves your cliched sarcasm. Please enlighten as I prefer steak to crow.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:33 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
AirWorthy99 wrote:

No professional reason, granted. I believe if a woman feels uncomfortable, the man should just stop it and apologize.

Where did I say saying someone looks beautiful means I find her attractive? No absolute connection. That I thought was being polite and complementing, but I agree, its a complex territory this day an age.

From the employer’s POV, being polite is ‘good morning’ or ‘did your kid's fever get better yesterday?’ and complimenting is ‘great slides in yesterday’s presentation - the client was impressed’. Physical comments have a natural connotation and can cause problems - enough said. There are a lot of men who lack the maturity to realize ‘damn Denise is smokin’ lately!’ is *not* a compliment to everyone - that’s why the guidelines and enforcement are needed. Adult daycare, like I said.
Last edited by Aaron747 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casinterest

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Well , he is 74. Hope i can work that long. Hopefully more of these opinion folks from Fox, MSNBC, and CNN will be fired/retired as more people recognize the kind of garbage they all spew out on a daily basis in the name of political partisanship.
Where ever you go, there you are.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:40 pm

casinterest wrote:
Well , he is 74. Hope i can work that long. Hopefully more of these opinion folks from Fox, MSNBC, and CNN will be fired/retired as more people recognize the kind of garbage they all spew out on a daily basis in the name of political partisanship.

Seriously - all of them are incredibly overpaid as well. Matthews was reportedly making $5m annually well past the age others far less fortunate are expected to retire. No wonder he doesn't like Sanders...

einsteinboricua

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:24 pm

FTMCPIUS wrote:
I'll rely on your expertise to explain IN DETAIL why this deserves your cliched sarcasm. Please enlighten as I prefer steak to crow.

Considering that I REALLY doubt you are in the C-Suite of MSNBC (or even connected to someone who is), you are running with speculation as if it were fact. But if there's one thing I've learned from years of reading political discussions is that you don't wrestle with pigs. After a while, you only managed to get dirty and realize the pigs love it.

In other words, I'm not gonna attempt to explain why your statement about Chris Matthews is ridiculous and is as farfetched as saying Earth is flat.

And no, saying that I don't have evidence to prove you wrong does not mean you are right. By that logic, I launched a teapot into orbit from my backyard and you can't prove that I didn't.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

seb146

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:35 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

#metoo

Nobody was on the verge of riots when O'Reilly got canned. Now please source your claim or retract the statement. I was happy when O'Reilly left. We can do without this throwing things out there from thin air it doesn't help the discussion.

Like that we only need the right wing extremist side of every debate? You yourself said it up the thread.

BTW

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... g-fox-news
https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bill-o ... 202080597/

seb146

Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:42 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One has to wonder if female staffers didn't want to work with him and female as well some male guests didn't want to show up with Chris Matthews after some of the disclosures of his behavior along with his behaviors in his recent interview with Sen. Warren. Perhaps MSNBC on-air women like Rachael Maddow also expressed issues with Matthews' behaviors. It is possible more was to come out so he had to be fired/forced to retire.

This makes much more sense than the OP "he was for Sanders so he was fired".

FTMCPIUS
Topic Author

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:20 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:

Considering that I REALLY doubt you are in the C-Suite of MSNBC (or even connected to someone who is), you are running with speculation as if it were fact. But if there's one thing I've learned from years of reading political discussions is that you don't wrestle with pigs. After a while, you only managed to get dirty and realize the pigs love it.

In other words, I'm not gonna attempt to explain why your statement about Chris Matthews is ridiculous and is as farfetched as saying Earth is flat.

And no, saying that I don't have evidence to prove you wrong does not mean you are right. By that logic, I launched a teapot into orbit from my backyard and you can't prove that I didn't.

I didn't state it as fact but rather as speculation. It's what most of us do here, can you not tell the difference? No source was cited.

NIKV69

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:45 pm

seb146 wrote:

Like that we only need the right wing extremist side of every debate? You yourself said it up the thread.

BTW

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... g-fox-news
https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/bill-o ... 202080597/

40k people wanting to sign a petition is not a riot. As usual the dramatic statement can't be backed up.

AirWorthy99 wrote:

Where did I say saying someone looks beautiful means I find her attractive? No absolute connection. That I thought was being polite and complementing, but I agree, its a complex territory this day an age.[/quote]

I don't think he was told to walk away because of the sexual harassment stuff I think it was the Nazi statement and fact he couldn't tell two African Americans apart.
I am the Googlizer!!!

slider

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:19 pm

Since selective deletion for no reason continues, I'll restate what I said:

The left eats its own. The irony.

I have a tingle up my leg, haha

LittleFokker

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:21 pm

slider wrote:

Correction: the left holds its own accountable. Can't hold a policy position if it doesn't apply to everyone.

The right let's their golden idols get away with whatever they want policy positions be damned. As long as you get to piss off liberals, that's all that matters right?
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

NIKV69

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:34 pm

slider wrote:

I think the Democratic party and it's surrogates are realizing the hard left fringe rhetoric is hurting and not helping. Making references to Hitler may be great TV but not with voters.
I am the Googlizer!!!

StarAC17

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:40 pm

stl07 wrote:

Please.

The Bernie Bros didn't ruin his career. He has done a few things in the past few months that perhaps he needs to go. The harassment charges is just the last straw and he was probably costing MSNBC advertisers.

- Saying that Sanders or the Bernie Bros could going to kill him in Central Park is a little out there as a statement but ok.
- Using a Nazi reference about Bernie's initial surge he did apologize, ok we let that go too.

He was pushing the limits and I think it was best for MSNBC to let him go at this point.

It is the new reality that you do anything that can affect the image of your employer you can potentially be fired. People get fired today for doing shots at a resort on vacation if it ends up on social media.

Remember the 1st amendment protects your from the government and the government only. Private employers can fire you for eye-rolling if they so please especially in the United States.

LCDFlight wrote:
FTMCPIUS wrote:
stl07 wrote:

He's a commentator. He can't make comments about the news? What a time to be alive.

As I recall, many news hosts made inaccurate comments about the 2016 election. Probably over 90%.

The reason that that all those hosts made those mistakes is because they live in a bubble and they are actually surprised why people hate the government and the media. Therefore the rise of Sanders and Trump is a huge surprise and a threat to the establishment. They denied the truth plain and simple and still do.

I would actually ask many of the conservatives here. You might not agree with Bernie Sanders and think his plans are nuts and unrealistic but you do not have disgust and hatred for him, you probably like his honesty even if you disagree. Even I, a left leaning individual can't stand these establishment media and political figures even though I might agree with them on 80% of the issues.

slider wrote:

He is no leftist, not by a long shot.

Chris Matthews and others in the media reminisce about a world that ceased to exist a generation ago.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

afcjets

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:00 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
Airworthy99 wrote:

Just like talking about the weather, a restaurant, who won a football game, or who got eliminated from American Idol or the Bachelor, but people talk about stuff like that at work all the time so your point is not really valid.

Aaron747

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:15 pm

afcjets wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
Airworthy99 wrote:

Just like talking about the weather, a restaurant, who won a football game, or who got eliminated from American Idol or the Bachelor, but people talk about stuff like that at work all the time so your point is not really valid.

Those topics don’t cause issues. What you call ‘not really valid’ is a standard viewpoint at any employer interested in limiting risk. And again interesting that you deflect instead of directly addressing the issue of maturity.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:21 am

Aaron747 wrote:

Creepy Chris on-air montage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNlKd_EmEYU
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

DIRECTFLT

Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:33 am

ltbewr wrote:

Some speculated that some of Chris's co-workers expressed their concern over Mathews wild statements that happened while they were on air with Chris. That and, the GQ article was the tipping point.

As to age... that's nothing... Larry King and Dan Rather are still working.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

afcjets

Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:23 am

Aaron747 wrote:
afcjets wrote:

Those topics don’t cause issues. What you call ‘not really valid’ is a standard viewpoint at any employer interested in limiting risk. And again interesting that you deflect instead of directly addressing the issue of maturity.

What do you mean again? That was my first post in this topic. As for maturity, I complement women on their appearance when I feel inspired to and I have never received anything other than a smile, thank you or an even more dramatic "OMG, I love you!" or similar. Hopefully you realize there's a difference between saying you look amazing or you have beautiful eyes versus nice t!&$! :snaggletooth: :rotfl:
Last edited by afcjets on Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.