Moderators: richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

caliboy93
Topic Author

Consequences of Trump's re-election

Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:53 pm

So if Trump was to be re-elected in November, then what would be the outcomes in the world for the next 4 years?

casinterest

Re: Consequences of Trump's re-election

Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Egon Spengler: 40 years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes!
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!
Where ever you go, there you are.

trpmb6

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:15 pm

The question is posed incorrectly. The correct topic title should be "Consequences of Trump not being re-elected"

StTim

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:17 pm

I know what most of the world wants.

727LOVER

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:23 pm

trpmb6 wrote:
The question is posed incorrectly. The correct topic title should be "Consequences of Trump not being re-elected"

Meaning?

Riots?
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

einsteinboricua

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:31 pm

Can we wait until we're closer to the election to ask this? Or better yet, can we not?

The answer will depend on which side of the spectrum you lie. Republicans will have you believe that the second coming of Jesus will happen if Trump is reelected and that liberals will riot and sabotage everything Trump does. Democrats will have you believe that a recession will happen, the government will be the swampiest it has ever been and that international alliances will be forever altered.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

NIKV69

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:37 pm

StTim wrote:

Which is why Bernie got trounced last night and will lose the primary, thankfully.
I am the Googlizer!!!

seahawk

Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:38 pm

- booming economy
- no more endless wars
- the next round of tax cuts
- secure borders
- the best trade deals

skyservice_330

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:06 pm

Well, let's see ... 365 days in a year, a Presidential term is 4 years... so, if he averages 1 every two days..that's, what, 730 p*ssy's grabbed over the course of a second term? Cause, when you're a star, you can do anything.

StTim

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:10 pm

seahawk wrote:
- booming economy
- no more endless wars
- secure borders
- the best trade deals

- Endless trade wars (impacts everyone)
- Endless alienation of traditional allies whist sucking up to dictators
- Ballooning deficit and debt mountain for future generations to pay off
- reduction of public safety by rolling back regulations protecting clean water/air etc
- tax cuts for the mega rich, crumbs for the middle class
All the time lining his and his grifting families pockets.

Tikchik

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:24 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
StTim wrote:

Which is why Bernie got trounced last night and will lose the primary, thankfully.

The world wants Biden?

StTim

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:27 pm

Almost anyone but Trump. My concern is Bernie is unelectable to far too many Americans. A bit like HRC was.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 pm

caliboy93 wrote:
So if Trump was to be re-elected in November, then what would be the outcomes in the world for the next 4 years?

Look at the last 4 years and extrapolate it.................. And. yes, there will be a global recession, regardless of the US president.

Why ask this question, you get the same old polarized answers.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

NIKV69

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:23 pm

Tikchik wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
StTim wrote:

The world wants Biden?

No they wanted Bernie. :biggrin:
I am the Googlizer!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:38 pm

Heads exploding like the final scene of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. the world survived worse many times over. The loa k of historical context is a damnation of today’s education.

dampfnudel

Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:55 pm

StTim wrote:

I guess at the moment it’s more urgent that the Coronavirus goes away than Trump. Unfortunately, just like with Trump, that may be easier said than done.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

Aaron747

Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:53 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Heads exploding like the final scene of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. the world survived worse many times over. The loa k of historical context is a damnation of today’s education.

Lack of GOP putting up a better candidate and quality person more Americans can get behind (Haley) is a damnation of today’s “conservative” values.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

rfields5421

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:09 am

Personally I think the question is moot because I don't see any way that Trump could possibly not be re-elected. Though of course at this time four years ago I didn't see anyway the people of the United States could be so stupid as to elect a shady real estate cheat President. Forgot a basic truth:

NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF HUMAN STUPIDITY

Consequences of re-election.

Continued record deficit spending

Lower taxes for rich

Cuts in services for lower and middle class

Fewer people able to afford medical care

Further marginalization of working poor

Continuing stronger measures to curb immigration, yet strong push by big business to keep from effectively enforcing I-9 goals

At some point the push to identify immigrants is going to conflict with the NRA and ACLU focus on not having a national identity card. That may happen in a second Trump term.

Relations with many countries will curb tourism until it becomes an issue.

I expect proposals to limit the ability of law enforcement in the area of electronic surveillance. This will conflict with efforts to track terrorism and illegal activity via the internet. The concern will be that 'rogue operators' in the intelligence and law enforcement agencies are using the ability for their own purposes.

I expect more high profile pardons of people with economic or political ties to the administration.

A more conservative Supreme Court with more restrictions on freedom and personal privacy. Allowing the oppressive Republican Nanny State to look more into our homes and personal lives. If you don't follow the established radical right white conservative Christian lifestyle, prepare to see more and more rights disappear.. We are already seeing a conflict between Trump White Proposals to weaken the FISA and Patriot Act ability to spy on American citizens.

Consequences of NOT being re-elected.

A very boisterous court fight in the closest states. Calls for recounts, to disqualify votes as being cast by people not authorized to vote. Criminals, Illegals, Students, Multi-State Residents..

I wonder how the current Supreme Court will rule, when previously their decision was that certifying the results and electors is a state decision.

I expect so violence no matter who wins. The number of angry fringe left and right radicals is growing. November might be a good month to be away from large cities.

Six years from now - it really won't be a lot different. Congress and the President will never again work together without some strong external threat bring the nation together.
Last edited by rfields5421 on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost.

DeltaMD90

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:10 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

As someone that doesn't like Trump, I agree. A lot of hysteria but we will survive. I think the damage is a lot less dramatic and more long term.

The president is just the president. He has a LOT of say on the discourse of our country but ultimately, there is much much more to the country than just him. I think Trumpian ideals taking root in the Republican party is the real danger... We can survive 4 or 8 years of one man but not a decade or more of 50% of our political arena (the Republicans) being Trumpian

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:59 am

rfields5421 wrote:
Personally I think the question is moot because I don't see any way that Trump could possibly not be re-elected. Though of course at this time four years ago I didn't see anyway the people of the United States could be so stupid as to elect a shady real estate cheat President. Forgot a basic truth:

Lower taxes for rich

Continuing stronger measures to curb immigration, yet strong push by big business to keep from effectively enforcing I-9 goals

At some point the push to identify immigrants is going to conflict with the NRA and ACLU focus on not having a national identity card. That may happen in a second Trump term.

I expect proposals to limit the ability of law enforcement in the area of electronic surveillance. This will conflict with efforts to track terrorism and illegal activity via the internet. The concern will be that 'rogue operators' in the intelligence and law enforcement agencies are using the ability for their own purposes.

I expect more high profile pardons of people with economic or political ties to the administration.

A more conservative Supreme Court with more restrictions on freedom and personal privacy. Allowing the oppressive Republican Nanny State to look more into our homes and personal lives. If you don't follow the established radical right white conservative Christian lifestyle, prepare to see more and more rights disappear.. We are already seeing a conflict between Trump White Proposals to weaken the FISA and Patriot Act ability to spy on American citizens.

A very boisterous court fight in the closest states. Calls for recounts, to disqualify votes as being cast by people not authorized to vote. Criminals, Illegals, Students, Multi-State Residents..

I wonder how the current Supreme Court will rule, when previously their decision was that certifying the results and electors is a state decision.

I expect so violence no matter who wins. The number of angry fringe left and right radicals is growing. November might be a good month to be away from large cities.

Six years from now - it really won't be a lot different. Congress and the President will never again work together without some strong external threat bring the nation together.

Cite a Democratic candidate campaigning on reducing the deficit, please?

GF

DeltaMD90

Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:29 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
rfields5421 wrote:

Lower taxes for rich

Cite a Democratic candidate campaigning on reducing the deficit, please?

GF

Cite me the Republicans that campaigned on reducing the debt...

... and then tell me how they did. In my mind, they are worse. They know it's a problem then stab us in the back. At least the Dems only pretend to care about it when (rightly) pointing out the hypocrisy of the GOP

I'm not necessarily saying you are defending these hypocrites but too many right wingers do. I have respect for the actual few deficit hawk Republicans, even if I disagree on the way to go about it...

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:32 am

1950-1960, US taxes averaged 16.8 of GDP which is essentially identical to 2017’s 16.7%. In the 50s, 60-70% of Federal spending went to the military while only 15% percent went to “human services”. We’ve essentially reversed our spending priorities today. Defense in the 50s was 10% or more of GDP, now it’s only 3.5%. The top 1% paid 27% of Federal tax revenue in 1954; today they pay 33%.

GF

Aaron747

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:04 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
1950-1960, US taxes averaged 16.8 of GDP which is essentially identical to 2017’s 16.7%. In the 50s, 60-70% of Federal spending went to the military while only 15% percent went to “human services”. We’ve essentially reversed our spending priorities today. Defense in the 50s was 10% or more of GDP, now it’s only 3.5%. The top 1% paid 27% of Federal tax revenue in 1954; today they pay 33%.

GF

Typical analysis - no mention of relative COL or real wages, as if that has no relation to ‘human services’ required. Far fewer people had need for human services when one decent blue collar income with a little OT was sufficient to rent/own a house with a stay-home wife and kids. Also conditions have completely changed - three of my relatives in their late 50s make over $100K not self-employed with only HS diploma/AA education. Virtually impossible outcome for anyone starting out same today.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

GalaxyFlyer

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:18 am

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Typical analysis - no mention of relative COL or real wages, as if that has no relation to ‘human services’ required. Far fewer people had need for human services when one decent blue collar income with a little OT was sufficient to rent/own a house with a stay-home wife and kids. Also conditions have completely changed - three of my relatives in their late 50s make over $100K not self-employed with only HS diploma/AA education. Virtually impossible outcome for anyone starting out same today.

They didn’t make the equivalent of $100,000 in their 20s or 30s, either. You gain work experience and skills thus increasing your income. Have a HS diploma or AA, work in the trades and with 20 years work, anyone will be making $100,000 in today’s dollars. I was making $12,000 in 1980, about $40,000 today, starting out as new pilot just about like today’s new pilot. A lifetime of work and, presto, more income.

We’re talking about Federal budgets, not COL or real wages.

BTW, growing up in the 50sm both Mom and Dad worked, so much for the one-income household.

Aaron747

Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:26 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

They didn’t make the equivalent of $100,000 in their 20s or 30s, either. You gain work experience and skills thus increasing your income. Have a HS diploma or AA, work in the trades and with 20 years work, anyone will be making $100,000 in today’s dollars. I was making $12,000 in 1980, about $40,000 today, starting out as new pilot just about like today’s new pilot. A lifetime of work and, presto, more income.

We’re talking about Federal budgets, not COL or real wages.

BTW, growing up in the 50sm both Mom and Dad worked, so much for the one-income household.

Your generalizations are overbroad and previous post’s data unsourced. The relatives I mentioned are not in the trades. One is an executive secretary at a hard drive manufacturer, formerly an admin at various startups since the 80s, the other was in food and beverage for years and transitioned to HR recruiting in her early 40s. She did very well in that and has been over $100K for the last decade. A multimillionaire uncle is the only ‘traditional’ success story since he graduated from Cal and opened a boutique architectural firm in the 90s when he tired of working for others. Maybe both of your parents worked but my Gpa was a plant floor inspector, did lots of OT and Gma didn’t need to go back to work until their 5th child was 16.

Also in 1980 health premiums weren’t $500 equivalent a month and rent was not 40% of gross income in nearly every desirable area. And boomers wonder why under 45s are so tired of their generalizations..?

In macroeconomics there is a clear relationship between voter/budget priorities and COL/real wage pressures.

N14AZ

Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:45 am

Who knows, without the pressure of trying to get re-elected he may become a nice guy again. After all, it’s just the president of the USA.

StTim wrote:
My concern is Bernie is unelectable to far too many Americans. A bit like HRC was.

I somehow have the feeling the Democrats are repeating this mistake with Biden: yes, he was part of the Obama-administration. Yes, he has experience. But is this what the people in the swing states want? In 2016 the answer was a very clear „no! We prefer someone outside the establishment. We don’t even care if he grabs €&&€€&“. In 2020 the answer might be „no! We still prefer Trump. We know he is rude, he uses the truth in a very economic way, he has been impeached. But he does all these things in a very consistent way, that’s why we prefer him.“

seahawk

Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:56 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Well said! This is a sign of the Demorcrats trying to force Socialism on the country. Trump needs to cut all social benefits and government hand outs, the money saved needs to go into tax cuts. Make America lean again and a country for the successful people.

DLFREEBIRD

Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:07 am

I would hope everyone learned their lesson about electing a conspiracy theories, who pushed onto other the notion that Obama didn't have a US birth certificate. With his racist, narrow-minded views.

but, if they didn't and Trump's re-elected, I would imagine Trump would continue with his conspiracy theories that everybody out to get him. he would continue firing anybody who doesn't do what he tells him. I would also imagine with him not facing re-election he would gut social security and other public funding programs just because he could.

Aaron747

Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:51 am

seahawk wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Well said! This is a sign of the Demorcrats trying to force Socialism on the country. Trump needs to cut all social benefits and government hand outs, the money saved needs to go into tax cuts. Make America lean again and a country for the successful people.

Does that include all pork barrel spending and corporate welfare, or do we keep those depending on how much your lot likes the company/industry beneficiary? FFS..

rfields5421

Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Let's just all agree that neither political party in the United States is capable of presenting anything close to a balanced budget proposal.

Every politician, including billionaires who 'buy' their way into power, owes a lot of people for putting him/ her in office.

It takes X dollars to provide basic levels of public service, and it takes Y dollars of taxes to pay for those services.

As long as politicians try to move the burden of taxes to a minimum level on their supporters, the tax rate will never cover the required spending.

And no politician will ever favor cutting spending on some pet projects. People say pork barrel - what was the latest pork barrel project in your congressman's district. Did you vote against him because of the people who go jobs to build that project would have been better off out of work?

EVERY SINGLE LOCAL GOVERNMENT PROJECT, FROM A NEW HIGHWAY BRIDGE TO A CONTRACT WITH A LOCAL MANUFACTURER IS PORK BARREL PROJECT TO ANOTHER CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT.

That's simply the way it is. It also is not a US only problem. And also nothing new.

Cities got better roads to Rome because their local politicians brought the tax money home to make those roads better.
Not all who wander are lost.

bgm

Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 pm

seahawk wrote:
- booming economy
- no more endless wars
- secure borders
- the best trade deals

- spiralling national debt
- Trump's cronies will continue to be pardoned / Trump committing more offenses without consequences
- MAGAts continuing to wallow in poverty but still blindly shoving their noses so far up his ass
- more resignations and firings as people cannot stomach working for a deranged moron
- more Twitter raging and division
- impending recession will be blamed on the 'do-nothing' democrats and fake media
- every good thing will have credit claimed for, every bad thing will be blamed on anyone but the orange turd himself

etc etc etc... Doesn't it sound fun?
Buttery males.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

GF

Does that include all pork barrel spending and corporate welfare, or do we keep those depending on how much your lot likes the company/industry beneficiary? FFS..

Yes, it does, over $1.2 trillion in tax expenditures which economically are subsidies. Most go to the top twin quintiles of the taxpayers—mortgage deduction, SALT for individuals and health insurance deduction for businesses.

Aaron747

Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:29 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Yes, it does, over $1.2 trillion in tax expenditures which economically are subsidies. Most go to the top twin quintiles of the taxpayers—mortgage deduction, SALT for individuals and health insurance deduction for businesses.

That poster said cut ‘all government handouts’ - the corporate ones are not generally going to be cut by 45, and he knows better than to touch SS as well.

afcjets

Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:00 pm

I think China will no longer be a national security threat. Right now they produce 95 percent of our antibiotics and I think we will become totally independent of relying on them for anything that could be a threat to our national security. Tucker who does not hesitate to criticize Trump had a great opening segment last night, "Extortion from China is the Real Threat" and pointed out how this is slightly more important than making sure what bathrooms a transperson uses (and I would add making sure we have confirmation of Kamala's pronouns and that transwomen have free access to abortions). Here it is, it is very sobering...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqDrZYNafAg

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:

That poster said cut ‘all government handouts’ - the corporate ones are not generally going to be cut by 45, and he knows better than to touch SS as well.

And the corporate ones are only 25% of the total. SS is already in the red, so it’s gonna be touched sooner or later.

CitizenJustin

Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:50 pm

N14AZ wrote:
Who knows, without the pressure of trying to get re-elected he may become a nice guy again. After all, it’s just the president of the USA.

StTim wrote:
My concern is Bernie is unelectable to far too many Americans. A bit like HRC was.

I somehow have the feeling the Democrats are repeating this mistake with Biden: yes, he was part of the Obama-administration. Yes, he has experience. But is this what the people in the swing states want? In 2016 the answer was a very clear „no! We prefer someone outside the establishment. We don’t even care if he grabs €&&€€&“. In 2020 the answer might be „no! We still prefer Trump. We know he is rude, he uses the truth in a very economic way, he has been impeached. But he does all these things in a very consistent way, that’s why we prefer him.“

Trump won key states by a razor thin margin. Just 200,000 votes made Trump president. All votes for Hillary, including third party totaled around 75 million votes against that buffoon. The electoral college elected Trump. Not the people.

N583JB

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:04 pm

What would happen if Trump were to be re-elected? We already know. Four more years of what we have had for the last four years. If you like that, vote for Trump. If not, vote for someone else.

The biggest consequence of a Trump re-election would be once again on the SCOTUS. Does RBG have four more years in her?

AirWorthy99

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:06 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:
N14AZ wrote:

StTim wrote:

Trump won key states by a razor thin margin. Just 200,000 votes made Trump president. All votes for Hillary, including third party totaled around 75 million votes against that buffoon. The electoral college elected Trump. Not the people.

Yes the electoral college the same way the Democrats select their presidential nominees.
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

AirWorthy99

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:09 pm

N583JB wrote:
What would happen if Trump were to be re-elected? We already know. Four more years of what we have had for the last four years. If you like that, vote for Trump. If not, vote for someone else.

The biggest consequence of a Trump re-election would be once again on the SCOTUS. Does RBG have four more years in her?

This thread is so 2016, its so pathetic to think about the consequences of something we have already been living for 3+ years.

America is much better today than 3 + years most Americans think the same https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 747228002/
“It’s easy to confuse ‘what is’ with ‘what ought to be,’ especially when ‘what is’ has worked out in your favor.” Tyrion Lannister

blueflyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:46 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
The answer will depend on which side of the spectrum you lie. Republicans will have you believe that the second coming of Jesus will happen if Trump is reelected and that liberals will riot and sabotage everything Trump does. Democrats will have you believe that a recession will happen, the government will be the swampiest it has ever been and that international alliances will be forever altered.

Well, Democrats are already at 2 out of 3, all we need is a recession and they'll be unbeatable at poker. As for Republicans, if this is what the second coming looks like...

seahawk wrote:
- booming economy
- no more endless wars
- secure borders
- the best trade deals

and clearly a ban on the sale of antipsychotics

Tikchik wrote:
The world wants Biden?

The world wants anyone but the Trump of the right or left

rfields5421 wrote:

I usually don't wish harm to animals but I think the world will be a slightly better place when the turtle finally dies.

blueflyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:07 pm

AirWorthy99 wrote:
America is much better today than 3 + years most Americans think the same https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 747228002/

The same article also points out that Obama got re-elected even though a majority thought they were worse off, and that Bush was a one-term president despite poll results similar to Trump's. It doesn't seem to be a very reliable indicator one way or the other

As for Trump's poll ratings improving in general, it may be the indication of a trend, or a mirage. According to the Pew Research Center (self-declared non-partisan), the propensity of Republicans to answer opinion surveys has increased over the past few months. It used to be that Republicans tended to answer significantly less than Democrats, and so serious pollsters (on the left and right) gave Republican answers an extra 10% weight to make up for the lower participation. Just as the rate of Republican answers has increased, so have poll results for Trump. It could be indicative that opinions of Trump have improved, or that the weighing hasn't changed and more Republicans are answering...
https://www.economist.com/united-states ... misleading

Besides nowadays, who's to know what drives people's intention to vote. A very recent poll from the same Pew Center shows that 53% don't like how Trump behaves himself as president, 80% think he is self-centered, 59% think he is prejudiced. With numbers like that, you'd think the Democratic primaries would matter more than the general elections to pick our next leader, but yet...
https://www.people-press.org/2020/03/05 ... in-office/

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Thirty Presidents since the Lincoln was the first Republican, 19 R and 11D in 40 elections, but suddenly the EC is unfair.

blueflyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:20 pm

rfields5421 wrote:
I wonder how the current Supreme Court will rule, when previously their decision was that certifying the results and electors is a state decision.I expect so violence no matter who wins.

I think barring major and obvious flaw the Supreme Court under its current makeup will stay out of the fight. John Roberts will never go down in history as the best Chief Justice but he isn't so bad, and certainly not as blatantly partisan as some of his colleagues.If another Justice of the minority dies though, all bets are off, and any challenge to the results from the Trump campaign will be nearly guaranteed to win.

As far as violence, I think it will depend a lot on our current president. He has already declared that he should be allowed an extra 18 months in his current term due to the time he "lost" over the Mueller investigation. If he pushes that claim strongly enough, there may be indeed pockets of violence, but I expect them to be isolated (think pizza-gate in multiple cities). Likewise if he reacts strongly to losing, which he may as some suspect he will be indicted in New York the second his replacement takes office. If we have learned one thing during his first term, is that his bark is a lot worse than his bite, so I am not sure he will have the courage to push his followers as hard as he could.

If he does win, I don't expect violence from the left or legal challenges (unless they're obvious), at least not at the national level. I do expect a continuation of efforts by blue cities and states to marginalize the national power structure and make more of their own decisions. States that are red only by virtue of redistricting but not the popular vote may be where the most action will be coming. We are getting to a point where million urban and suburban voters are getting tired of being dictated to by a less populated countryside.

NIKV69

Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:57 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:

Trump won key states by a razor thin margin. Just 200,000 votes made Trump president. All votes for Hillary, including third party totaled around 75 million votes against that buffoon. The electoral college elected Trump. Not the people of California

Fixed it for you.
I am the Googlizer!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:13 pm

I do expect a continuation of efforts by blue cities and states to marginalize the national power structure and make more of their own decisions.

This has happened before, 650,000 dead, if I’m correct. Mind you, I’m all in favor of a much reduced Federal government.

EA CO AS

Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Aaron747 wrote:
conditions have completely changed - three of my relatives in their late 50s make over $100K not self-employed with only HS diploma/AA education. Virtually impossible outcome for anyone starting out same today.

That's complete hogwash. For example, if you're 18 or over with a HS diploma or equivalent, you can get a job in an airline call center starting at around $15-17/hr, progressing to over $32/hr after 10 years on the job. With a little readily-available overtime sprinkled in each week, you're at $100K/year.

That's without ever spending a single dime on a degree. All you have to do is be good with people and reliable. And that's only one example of many jobs out there for someone with just a HS education.

So take your "virtually impossible" lie outta here. There's a world of opportunity out there for those who are willing to work for it.

For those who want to engage in a constant victim/oppressor mindset, well, sorry. Can't help you if you won't help yourself and want to wallow in self-pity, blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

hashtagconfused

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:20 pm

CitizenJustin wrote:

no way to know the third party votes were against trump. they could have just as easily been against clinton.

Aaron747

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:06 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Aaron747 wrote:
conditions have completely changed - three of my relatives in their late 50s make over $100K not self-employed with only HS diploma/AA education. Virtually impossible outcome for anyone starting out same today.

That's complete hogwash. For example, if you're 18 or over with a HS diploma or equivalent, you can get a job in an airline call center starting at around $15-17/hr, progressing to over $32/hr after 10 years on the job. With a little readily-available overtime sprinkled in each week, you're at $100K/year.

That's without ever spending a single dime on a degree. All you have to do is be good with people and reliable. And that's only one example of many jobs out there for someone with just a HS education.

So take your "virtually impossible" lie outta here. There's a world of opportunity out there for those who are willing to work for it.

For those who want to engage in a constant victim/oppressor mindset, well, sorry. Can't help you if you won't help yourself and want to wallow in self-pity, blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings.

Your example is silly - call centers have a slim chance of being either a. staffed by Americans or b. operated by people over a 30+ year career starting today. Even in my industry that has run 9-10% margins reliably in recent years, owners are looking for ways to reduce the number of humans involved. The trades are generally the only area where hard work without any college will more likely than not pay off in the manner described.

blueflyer

Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:32 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

I do expect a continuation of efforts by blue cities and states to marginalize the national power structure and make more of their own decisions.

This has happened before, 650,000 dead, if I’m correct. Mind you, I’m all in favor of a much reduced Federal government.

Wasn't aware I was proposing armed insurrection. Seems it's already been happening peacefully so far.

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:01 am

Claiming immunity from Federal law is nullification which was casus belli in 1861.