casinterest

Re: So, did God send Corona for punishment?

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:17 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Yes...an all loving God sends diseases and illnesses to see how much we love him because if we don't love him back, he'll send us to an eternity of suffering...because that's how much he loves us. And he loves us so much that he can't wipe away famine, diseases, and poverty, even though he's all powerful.

Makes perfect sense!

Maybe God just sees more potential in Corona-virus's than humans
Where ever you go, there you are.

bgm

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:30 pm

casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Yes...an all loving God sends diseases and illnesses to see how much we love him because if we don't love him back, he'll send us to an eternity of suffering...because that's how much he loves us. And he loves us so much that he can't wipe away famine, diseases, and poverty, even though he's all powerful.

Makes perfect sense!

Aren't we all just viruses destroying our host, planet earth?
Less praying, more hand washing.

tommy1808

Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 pm

bgm wrote:
casinterest wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

Makes perfect sense!

Aren't we all just viruses destroying our host, planet earth?

Earth will do just fine, no matter what we try to do to her. Earth will be around until it evaporates in the outer shell of our, then red giant, sun.

best regards
Thomas
....the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero

Sokes

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

What harm can there be if we show some repentance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b7sGGtIeZw
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

seahawk

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:59 am

Luke 13

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

It is all written in the Bible.

bgm

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:35 am

seahawk wrote:
Luke 13

13 Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4 Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

If it was written in the bible, then it must be true! :sarcastic:
Less praying, more hand washing.

aerosreenivas

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:13 am

Every moment of our lives, right from the 'Unspeakable Wars' to 'Dictatorial Regimes' to 'All The Joy And Happiness' that we have endured since the time of 'Our Civilization', all of those moments had a 'Hand Of God'.

Including, the ongoing 'Corona Virus' problem facing our planet.

Why do I say that?

Because through these instances, GOD is pleading to us and to all 'Our Leaders' that we should all from here onwards stop:

1.) Being Brutal Dictators like Maduro, Kim Jong Uhn, Castros
2.) Authoritarian Regiems
3.) Unnecessary Wars
4.) Anti-Semitism
5.) Racism
6.) Blaming each other for world problems
7.) Anti Human Rights Activities
8.) Being a Divided Society
9.) Religious Intolerance
10.)Climate Destruction
11.) Labeling some countries as Third World
12.) Gun Violence

Of course, there are more to be added to this list. But I guess you all got the picture of where I'm going at.

It sounds like I'm being 'An Idealist' which I'm proud of being that way. Because we are living in a 21st-century world. By now, we all should have understood that we are living in an 'Interconnected World'.

So GOD is trying to tell us that 'Stop Fighting Eachother' and 'Start Caring For Oneanother' no matter if you are of different 'Nationality', 'Religion', 'Economic Background'.

I believe in GOD. I'm a 'Spiritual But Not A Religious Person'.

This Corona Virus Saga is a sign that we all 'Are In This Together'. GOD is trying to say that to us.

tommy1808

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:21 am

aerosreenivas wrote:
Every moment of our lives, right from the 'Unspeakable Wars' to 'Dictatorial Regimes' to 'All The Joy And Happiness' that we have endured since the time of 'Our Civilization', all of those moments had a 'Hand Of God'.

Why do I say that?

Because through these instances, GOD is pleading to us and to all 'Our Leaders' that we should all from here onwards stop:

3.) Unnecessary Wars
4.) Anti-Semitism
5.) Racism
10.)Climate Destruction
12.) Gun Violence

Of course, there are more to be added to this list. But I guess you all got the picture of where I'm going at.

It sounds like I'm being 'An Idealist' which I'm proud of being that way. Because we are living in a 21st-century world. By now, we all should have understood that we are living in an 'Interconnected World'.

So GOD is trying to tell us that 'Stop Fighting Eachother' and 'Start Caring For Oneanother' no matter if you are of different 'Nationality', 'Religion', 'Economic Background'.

This Corona Virus Saga is a sign that we all 'Are In This Together'. GOD is trying to say that to us.

And why doesn't your imaginary friend just say that?

If there is a god, we need to find a way to target and kill it. Well, there is a common goal...

But I very much enjoy his sense of humor ... mass spreading through religious gatherings....

Best regards
Thomas

Sokes

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 pm

seahawk wrote:
Luke 13

To continue with Luke 13:
" 5 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”
6 Then he told this parable: “A man had a fig tree growing in his vineyard, and he went to look for fruit on it but did not find any. 7 So he said to the man who took care of the vineyard, ‘For three years now I’ve been coming to look for fruit on this fig tree and haven’t found any. Cut it down! Why should it use up the soil?’
8 “‘Sir,’ the man replied, ‘leave it alone for one more year, and I’ll dig around it and fertilize it. 9 If it bears fruit next year, fine! If not, then cut it down.’” "

Thank you.
I just made a stupid joke, and you gave the correct theological thought. I'm aware that you knew I was joking.
Even the old testament had the book of Job with it's somewhat unrealistic happy end.
But Luke 13 clearly tells that the answer to repentance is not self-flagellation, but good works.

I live in India. I once had a discussion with a Jesuit priest. I said: We are supposed to show empathy with the poor and to share. How to find a balance? Even though I go to cheap restaurants and drive a cheap car I still spend incredible much compared with the poor around me. Do I need to go in the restaurant?
If I follow this logic I have to live a life in poverty.
He answered:
"A father gave bicycles to his two children. One child took the bicycle and enjoyed. The other child wouldn't use the bicycle much, but said all the time: "Thank you father. You are so good to us father. ..." Finally father got annoyed and chased the child out to use the bicycle."

That's not a biblical answer.
I believe it's like with Paul and with James. Do good works save us? For somebody self-righteous like Saul no, for the rest of us yes.

At any rate for all those who believe that god is punishing us seahawk showed you the way.
Unfortunately Jesus enlightened thought is not very pleasing to human nature. Especially those in dominance and submission mode prefer "Thank you father..." over enjoying life while at the same time showing empathy to those with emotional/ financial needs.

DeltaMD90

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 pm

aerosreenivas wrote:

3.) Unnecessary Wars
4.) Anti-Semitism
5.) Racism
10.)Climate Destruction
12.) Gun Violence

He's mad so he starts indiscriminately killing people? What a jerk

I used to believe, so I guess I can relate. But now that I'm on the outside looking in, it all seems so ridiculous

Aaron747

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:39 pm

aerosreenivas wrote:

Why do I say that?

3.) Unnecessary Wars
4.) Anti-Semitism
5.) Racism
10.)Climate Destruction
12.) Gun Violence

It's actually not GOD, it's the greys, our transdimensional progenitors. :hypnotized: They don't want us screwing up so they continually monitor our nuclear sites and weapons to ensure we don't take ourselves out and disrupt their plans. :shhh:
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

Aesma

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 pm

In France one big cluster, that spread the virus all over the country and even the planet, has been a large gathering of evangelicals in Mulhouse. I didn't even know we had such a "megachurch" here.

I guess God doesn't like that take on religion.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

alfa164

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:44 pm

seahawk wrote:
Luke 13

Yes, but who wrote it? The bible was written by a bunch of disparate individuals - often contradicting each other - and what you see in a "chapter" is just that one person's interpretation - or propaganda. Indeed, the book is more like an Isaac Asimov collection of science fiction stories...

Derico wrote:
The simple reason is that faith in something bigger than you is healthy in my opinion. It doesn't have to be God, it can be nature, it can be faith in your community, in the strength of your family. I think almost everyone has faith in some way. Faith is not synonym to religious doctrine.

This. :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

DIRECTFLT wrote:
But I do think that Trump is in office in an answer to Prayer. .

Perhaps his own prayer; the man clearly worships himself above anyone else.

scbriml wrote:
If "god" existed and if "god" wanted to punish mankind, given the power that "god" allegedly wields, "god" picked a pretty inefficient method..

I don't know... he gave us Donald Trump. That should be punishment enough.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

KFTG

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:07 pm

As a gay man, I just LOVE being blamed for every natural disaster and biological hazard. It really is getting old.

DL717

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm

CRJockey wrote:
So, folks, good afternoon!

The topic title is pretty self explanatory. And, spoiler alert, this is more of a provocative than honest question. But I know people are seriously considering the premise of a God-send illness, regardless of religion.

I am just interested in what people think about it.

Unless it’s the end, it’s not punishment. It’s to challenge and strengthen us. Without challenges, what’s the point?

https://www.christianity.com/wiki/god/d ... -sins.html

Take it or leave it.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

Sokes

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:11 am

alfa164 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

You seem to forget that man was created in god's image.
That apart: Maybe some people in Syria and Libya prayed for him?

tommy1808

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:20 am

Sokes wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

God is a) everywhere, b) a man and c) old, so if he made us in his Image he died of Covid-19 a while back :biggrin:

best regards
Thomas

alfa164

Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:28 pm

Sokes wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

And Russia - don't forget Russia. We know somebody there "prayed" for him!

Or should that be "payed" for him???

Sokes

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 am

alfa164 wrote:
Sokes wrote:
alfa164 wrote:

And Russia - don't forget Russia. We know somebody there "prayed" for him!

Or should that be "payed" for him???

Do you believe that the CIA would never support a candidate of their choosing?

alfa164

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:45 pm

Sokes wrote:
Do you believe that the CIA would never support a candidate of their choosing?

Americans - regardless of their profession - are allowed to support candidates of their choosing.

Foreign interference is... foreign interference. That is illegal.