DeltaMD90

Re: Can Biden defeat Trump to become President?

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:10 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
No way! Bernie or bust baby!

The DNC establishment has clearly chosen to destroy the Democratic Party just to keep Bernie and a revolution out!

What about the vast majority of Dem voters that don't want Bernie? If there was one moderate candidate and the progressive vote was split 4 or 5 ways and then they consolidated behind Bernie, would you be mad then?

It's 1v1 now and he's losing, fair and square.

But if Biden truly doesn't win your vote, don't vote for him. He's gonna have to win over voters, no one owes him anything. Hopefully people can go for a 60% solution instead of demanding 100%, no one gets exactly what they want

seb146

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:34 pm

BawliBooch wrote:

The DNC establishment has clearly chosen to destroy the Democratic Party just to keep Bernie and a revolution out!

It was the voters who decided Biden over Bernie. Look at Super Tuesday. That was not DNC who did that. It was voters. It was We The People. I am no fan of either Biden or Bernie but I will vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is. Both candidates have much more experience and empathy than what we currently have taking up space in the White House.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:34 pm

You want empathy, see your loved ones—wife, husband, parents. Government needs to run competently to provide public goods, including health, infrastructure, defense, justice, etc. I don’t want a warm-hearted government, I want a rock-ribbed, non-nonsense service, I’d be willing to pay for.

As the old aphorism said, you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.

bgm

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
You want empathy, see your loved ones—wife, husband, parents. Government needs to run competently to provide public goods, including health, infrastructure, defense, justice, etc. I don’t want a warm-hearted government, I want a rock-ribbed, non-nonsense service, I’d be willing to pay for.

As the old aphorism said, you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.

Too bad the current administration has neither empathy or competence.

p.s. How's that Dow Jones looking now? Ya know, the one that you insisted we all make sure Trump took credit for?
Less praying, more hand washing.

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:11 pm

Well, it behaved just as you expect when a mass pandemic from Wuhan Flu shuts down the global economy. I’m guessing Biden, as President, would have delivered Dow30 at 36,000 inspire of the pandemic, is that your contention.

mham001

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:28 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
I just love that Fox was telling its ancient, dolt viewers that it was all a big ole' hoax. Until they realized that the mortality rate for the virus and the median age for their viewers would mean a big drop off in MyPillow sales. Y'all did a swell job there! :rotfl: Keep lickin' doorknobs 4 Trump mham.

I don't listen to FOX so I don't know what they said or didn't, why do you?

Hey, I'm curious, why do you always show up with BN747 and disappear at the same time? I don't see any discernible difference in writing style nor content. Are you running two accounts here?

BN747

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:21 pm

mham001 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
I just love that Fox was telling its ancient, dolt viewers that it was all a big ole' hoax. Until they realized that the mortality rate for the virus and the median age for their viewers would mean a big drop off in MyPillow sales. Y'all did a swell job there! :rotfl: Keep lickin' doorknobs 4 Trump mham.

Hey, I'm curious, why do you always show up with BN747 and disappear at the same time? I don't see any discernible difference in writing style nor content. Are you running two accounts here?

Boy, that's an odd observation. Me being cast in a Dreadnought-style Username masquerading scheme...sorry to disappoint.
If I recall correctly ..a long time ago, I don't think Mav11 and hit off when I first came here (sorry if I'm could be wrong Mav11 but it was a member with and M-name - and I think DeltaMD90 is former MD90 member, but most of us are all suspect of others here with good reason - thanks trolls) and I wait Max11's take on this...

And besides, I think I wear the badge of BIGGEST trump hater and I hold great disdain of Racist Conservatives more than he does.

Which also makes wonder, why has A.net made it harder and restricted our ability to find ancient original post.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

NIKV69

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:45 pm

BawliBooch wrote:

The Party leaders shoulder just as much blame for the fringe taken over the party. Bernie and Warren should have never been allowed to run.
I am the Googlizer!!!

seb146

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:47 pm

mham001 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

I can not speak about Maverick, but I do it to keep ahead of the lies. To fact check and research the lies the constantly peddle. That is why I have any interest in them at all. Watch an hour of Fox, an hour of CNN and the truth is somewhere in between.

seb146

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BawliBooch wrote:

The Party leaders shoulder just as much blame for the fringe taken over the party. Bernie and Warren should have never been allowed to run.

And, yet, here we are. Democrats being allowed to run in the Democratic primary. I don't know why that is so offensive. What is offensive to me is allowing a man with zero experience and zero respect for others, who flip flopped between political parties was allowed to run. And here he is destroying a nation. How is that any better than allowing Democrats to choose Democrats as presidential candidates?

seb146

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:53 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Well, it behaved just as you expect when a mass pandemic from Wuhan Flu shuts down the global economy. I’m guessing Biden, as President, would have delivered Dow30 at 36,000 inspire of the pandemic, is that your contention.

Just to point out: Democrats start the economy going down a really good path and Republicans destroy the economy. 2008 was under GWB and Republicans. The financial recovery after that was eight years under Obama. Growth was the same or less over the past three years. Remember that growth 2009-2016 was weak and anemic and Obama was not doing enough but growth 2016-present was strong and robust and everything was just peaches and cream.

rfields5421

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:17 am

BN747 wrote:
Which also makes wonder, why has A.net made it harder and restricted our ability to find ancient original post.

BN747

I thing they have adopted the same retention policy and practices as the guys who ran Hillary Clinton's e-mail server.

A JOKE people.

--------------------------------------------

Over the years, I've sided with some people, and not others. And over the years those common points, and opposing points have changed.

The one thing I love about A.Net is we can have these type discussions, and have for years, while other forums I've found tend to restrict almost all the topics on this section.

I don't agree with a great many posts and trends.

Part of that is what I assume to be aging. I'm 67 now, and was 54 when I first posted on this forum, after lurking and reading for almost five years. I understand that as we age, our core values or opinions become less popular, and we of course become unhappy with that. I've tried to not do that, but I'm not always successful.

I expect some others feel that way.

But I do try to respect your right to express your opinion, or your version of the facts. And my right to tell you that you are full of bull, as you have that right.

If anything, I've learned over the past years - the worst case almost never happens, neither does the best case. But we muddle through.

I greatly value that we have people from around the globe on this forum. Sometimes when I mention something from here, my acquaintances question why I should ever care what someone in another country says, their views.

I was given a great opportunity while serving in the US Navy to live in three other countries for years, and a US territory. To experience many cultures. To see one nation destroyed violently (South Vietnam in 1975). I also saw a new nation born, granted independence in peace (Antigua and Barbuda, Nov 1, 1981). I've seen people deal with horrible warfare (Lebanon, 1983). Massive natural disasters and death tolls - Hurricane Camile in 1969, and Hurricane Kartina in 2005, the tornados aftermath in Xenia Ohio April 74.

And amazed at the fighting spirit of people to recover. Even typhoons in Japan sending whole houses down flooding rivers, devastation in the Philippines and more.

Time for me to shut up, but there is always hope for something better, and no matter what, people who work together will get through it, and be better for the experience.

----------------------------------

Also, this afternoon I got to listen to the heartbeat of my first great grandchild, a girl due in late July.

I'm in a pretty good mood this evening (US Dallas time).
Not all who wander are lost.

seb146

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:30 am

rfields5421 wrote:
BN747 wrote:

BN747

I thing they have adopted the same retention policy and practices as the guys who ran Hillary Clinton's e-mail server.

A JOKE people.

--------------------------------------------

Over the years, I've sided with some people, and not others. And over the years those common points, and opposing points have changed.

The one thing I love about A.Net is we can have these type discussions, and have for years, while other forums I've found tend to restrict almost all the topics on this section.

I don't agree with a great many posts and trends.

Part of that is what I assume to be aging. I'm 67 now, and was 54 when I first posted on this forum, after lurking and reading for almost five years. I understand that as we age, our core values or opinions become less popular, and we of course become unhappy with that. I've tried to not do that, but I'm not always successful.

I expect some others feel that way.

But I do try to respect your right to express your opinion, or your version of the facts. And my right to tell you that you are full of bull, as you have that right.

If anything, I've learned over the past years - the worst case almost never happens, neither does the best case. But we muddle through.

I greatly value that we have people from around the globe on this forum. Sometimes when I mention something from here, my acquaintances question why I should ever care what someone in another country says, their views.

I was given a great opportunity while serving in the US Navy to live in three other countries for years, and a US territory. To experience many cultures. To see one nation destroyed violently (South Vietnam in 1975). I also saw a new nation born, granted independence in peace (Antigua and Barbuda, Nov 1, 1981). I've seen people deal with horrible warfare (Lebanon, 1983). Massive natural disasters and death tolls - Hurricane Camile in 1969, and Hurricane Kartina in 2005, the tornados aftermath in Xenia Ohio April 74.

And amazed at the fighting spirit of people to recover. Even typhoons in Japan sending whole houses down flooding rivers, devastation in the Philippines and more.

Time for me to shut up, but there is always hope for something better, and no matter what, people who work together will get through it, and be better for the experience.

----------------------------------

Also, this afternoon I got to listen to the heartbeat of my first great grandchild, a girl due in late July.

I'm in a pretty good mood this evening (US Dallas time).

This.

I found this site in the early days of the internet. Dial up and Win98 and roaming charges and so much stuff going on. I was more.... "hard core" then? I have softened since. I work with Millennials and tried to explain to one my love of phone books. She thinks I need to be committed.

Maybe we need to start a thread where we connect on a non-political level. I have also had a few and the brosband and I have been talking about our pup boy Baxter but still....

BN747

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:31 am

seb146 wrote:
I found this site in the early days of the internet. Dial up and Win98 and roaming charges and so much stuff going on. I was more.... "hard core" then? I have softened since. I work with Millennials and tried to explain to one my love of phone books. She thinks I need to be committed.

'Phones books? I don't get it...well no one has committed that kid on youtube who goes around slipping into office buildings 'to video elevators', just like planes srtuck me...elevators captured this kid's imagine forever. Never seen anything like it.

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:07 pm

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Just to point out: Democrats start the economy going down a really good path and Republicans destroy the economy. 2008 was under GWB and Republicans. The financial recovery after that was eight years under Obama. Growth was the same or less over the past three years. Remember that growth 2009-2016 was weak and anemic and Obama was not doing enough but growth 2016-present was strong and robust and everything was just peaches and cream.

As silliness, that’s up there with “Democrat wars”.

Like a fellow commander whose daughter couldn’t figure out how to use a dial phone in an antique store. No buttons, no go.

seb146

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Another reason for a Democratic landslide:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... us-970935/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/2 ... ers-140023
https://hillreporter.com/report-trumps- ... rpus-62080

The current DOJ (that would be Bill Barr) wants to suspend key parts of the Constitution. Even them talking about it should throw EVERYONE into a frenzy to get these dangerous people out NOW!!

BN747

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:42 pm

seb146 wrote:
Another reason for a Democratic landslide:

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... us-970935/
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/2 ... ers-140023
https://hillreporter.com/report-trumps- ... rpus-62080

The current DOJ (that would be Bill Barr) wants to suspend key parts of the Constitution. Even them talking about it should throw EVERYONE into a frenzy to get these dangerous people out NOW!!

A nation (among all others) in a major crises so why not have a Lying Leader and a known disingenuous Attorney General calling the shots and demanding more control over our rights...

What could possibly go wrong?

I trust them...don't you?

BN747

MaverickM11

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:15 pm

mham001 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Good news! If you know what Trump said, then you know what Fox is saying since they are one and the same. They repeat everything Trump says in lock step, so while Trump and republicans were faffing about two months delaying our response to this pandemic, Fox News was 100% on message, whether repeating it was a media hoax or hysteria or just like the flu....and then senile Dobbs and CoRona McDaniels and half of Mar a Lago end up in quarantine for a severe case of "hoax".

mham001 wrote:

Get help.
E pur si muove -Galileo

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:22 pm

Of course he can using “Make America Great Again” slogan. Joe is a serial plagiarist, why not? God knows his hands roam around any nearby women often enough. These two are peas in a pod.

BN747

Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:55 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Of course he can using “Make America Great Again” slogan. Joe is a serial plagiarist, why not? God knows his hands roam around any nearby women often enough. These two are peas in a pod.

Roaming Hands vs Grab 'em by the P****
(how many sex misconduct charges each)

Plagiarist vs Pathological Liar
(how many violations on record each)

..yeah, that's it..both are EXACTLY the same. Not! ***the Truth is in the Numbers. Now do the math.***

The latter, in each category rockets past the former by a cosmic mile in each charge.
But I guess it is true observations are subjective to the individual and my observations suggest that when someone can accept and apply such drastic juxtapositions..it is because they wholly condone it and see no problems anywhere.

BN747

BN747

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:01 pm

BN747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Roaming Hands vs Grab 'em by the P****
(how many sex misconduct charges each)

Plagiarist vs Pathological Liar
(how many violations on record each)

..yeah, that's it..both are EXACTLY the same. Not! ***the Truth is in the Numbers. Now do the math.***

The latter, in each category rockets past the former by a cosmic mile in each charge.
But I guess it is true observations are subjective to the individual and my observations suggest that when someone can accept and apply such drastic juxtapositions..it is because they wholly condone it and see no problems anywhere.

..oh and MANA is the new hat = Make America Normal Again, we've had enough of this 'winning BS'.

BN747

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Progressive leftists liking Biden is the mirror image of conservatives liking Trump—it’s transactional based on relativity, not desirability.

mham001

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Good news! If you know what Trump said, then you know what Fox is saying since they are one and the same. They repeat everything Trump says in lock step, so while Trump and republicans were faffing about two months delaying our response to this pandemic, Fox News was 100% on message, whether repeating it was a media hoax or hysteria or just like the flu....and then senile Dobbs and CoRona McDaniels and half of Mar a Lago end up in quarantine for a severe case of "hoax".

So, Fox did not call the virus a "hoax' and you are lying as usual?

NIKV69

Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:58 pm

seb146 wrote:

And, yet, here we are. Democrats being allowed to run in the Democratic primary. I don't know why that is so offensive. What is offensive to me is allowing a man with zero experience and zero respect for others, who flip flopped between political parties was allowed to run. And here he is destroying a nation. How is that any better than allowing Democrats to choose Democrats as presidential candidates?

Howard Schultz is a democrat too and he had the sense and economic polices to be a great president while at the same time not being a rabble rousing whack job. BTW Trump wasn't destroying anything he had this country in great shape and it will back as soon as soon as the media can't use the coronavirus infecting 25 million people in CA routine anymore.
I am the Googlizer!!!

GalaxyFlyer

Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?

rfields5421

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:20 am

People need to understand something about FoxNEWS - the cable TV channel.

News is NOT their primary programming. Almost 18 hours per day are what they identify as opinion and information programming. Such as Hannity, Fox and Friends, The Five, etc. When the hosts or guests on those programs called COVID-19 a hoax in December, January and February, that was not FoxNEWS saying that, but the individual hosts opinion.

Very fine difference. But it makes a firm legal distinction as some folks who have tried to sue the owning corporation for libel have found out.

Personal opinion - it's a legal shield behind which Murdoch tries to shield all his news organizations from deceitful information, and outright lies, are spread. And Murdoch's reason for founding FoxNEWS is that he saw conservatives and right wing radicals in the US as an untapped market, not agreement with their rhetoric. He has been proven right. Fox has changed the basic concepts of journalism in the Unitied States and much of the world. Abandoning objectivity and fairness from the start.

The election of G.W. Bush was something the corporate heads a Fox worried about. The 2003 war helped them, and Fox became the dominate news source under Obama.

It is a lot easier to sit on the outside and criticize what an administration is doing wrong, or not doing; than now to defend and support policies that the network doesn't practice.

In early Feb, FoxNEWS corporation felt COVID-19 was such a threat that they started moving as many people as possible to work at home, virtual meetings - even when the participants were in the building. Closing the building to non-employees. Using as much automation in the studio as possible. Isolating various areas that required human presence from the rest of the building. Other major news organizations were nearly a month behind Fox in trying to create a safer workplace.

BN747

Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:48 am

rfields5421 wrote:
People need to understand something about FoxNEWS - the cable TV channel.

News is NOT their primary programming. Almost 18 hours per day are what they identify as opinion and information programming. Such as Hannity, Fox and Friends, The Five, etc. When the hosts or guests on those programs called COVID-19 a hoax in December, January and February, that was not FoxNEWS saying that, but the individual hosts opinion.

Very fine difference. But it makes a firm legal distinction as some folks who have tried to sue the owning corporation for libel have found out.

Personal opinion - it's a legal shield behind which Murdoch tries to shield all his news organizations from deceitful information, and outright lies, are spread. And Murdoch's reason for founding FoxNEWS is that he saw conservatives and right wing radicals in the US as an untapped market, not agreement with their rhetoric. He has been proven right. Fox has changed the basic concepts of journalism in the Unitied States and much of the world. Abandoning objectivity and fairness from the start.

The election of G.W. Bush was something the corporate heads a Fox worried about. The 2003 war helped them, and Fox became the dominate news source under Obama.

It is a lot easier to sit on the outside and criticize what an administration is doing wrong, or not doing; than now to defend and support policies that the network doesn't practice.

In early Feb, FoxNEWS corporation felt COVID-19 was such a threat that they started moving as many people as possible to work at home, virtual meetings - even when the participants were in the building. Closing the building to non-employees. Using as much automation in the studio as possible. Isolating various areas that required human presence from the rest of the building. Other major news organizations were nearly a month behind Fox in trying to create a safer workplace.

If you can find a 2000 Election recording, you'll see a MSM network call Florida for Gore...suddenly out of nowhere this New network news outlet Fox, claimed hold on not so fast..the can the GOP Brownshirts storming Voting stations and marching, screaming stop the vote...as if an organized group already knew what state to be in, exactly where and when.

That was Fox's debut...and they haven't steered away yet. Led off with the Batack and Michelle Obama fist bump calling a 'Terrorist Hand Gesture' right out at the gate.

..now who here hasn't given a Fox News Terrorist Fist Bump'?

Makes you wonder, was there a Fox News in 1950, what would they called that Chuck Berry, Elvis hip shaking music....you already know. the answer.

FOX Corp. is a brilliant yet harmful operation.
It's Entertainment wings comes up with some great diverse programming and started early establishing itself with the huge comedy In Living Color.

Then comes FOX News...they were very clever to play both sides over, when over progressive liberal minds with edge cutting entertainment while feeding the conservatives all the news they want to hear.

All that tells us is that Rupert was business all the way and name calling be damned.

But if the signals sent via the flicks Bombsehll(Megan Kelly story) and The Loudest Voice (Ailes story) are as uniformed as they appear, it seems the younger Murdochs, the two sons can not stomach anymore the shade, shame and trash being tied to the Murdoch name because of Fox News.

The recent trump criticisms and cut away coverage suggest Lachlan and the other kid are pressing their thumbs on the scales..that's gotta be coming from them, not Rupurt...but with his blessings of course.

BN747

seb146

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:18 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Howard Schultz is a democrat too and he had the sense and economic polices to be a great president while at the same time not being a rabble rousing whack job. BTW Trump wasn't destroying anything he had this country in great shape and it will back as soon as soon as the media can't use the coronavirus infecting 25 million people in CA routine anymore.

Howard Schultz decided not to run.

The MAGA leader gave everything to the few very wealthy and, we are learning because of covid-19, that does not work. DOES NOT WORK.

People are being infected in the other 49 states and the "fake" media (I know you didn't say that, but your dear leader calls them that every chance he gets) reports this. In fact, YOUR dear leader demands states stop reporting unemployment claims because it will "make him look bad"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-ad ... 10001.html
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fearing ... d=69710991

bhill

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Do you really think it wasn’t the COVID-19 that caused the economic collapse? Do you really think had Obama or Biden had been president, the market would have sailed on? Are you on the left gonna spend the next ten years blaming Trump for the “Wuhan Flu”?

Yup...Trump is...why can't we? He is blaming everyone else for everything..but as he has even said he is not taking ANY responsibility, unless it is good news, it will not matter..will it?
Carpe Pices

Tugger

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:17 pm

Basically what I see is that there was obviously an underlying weakness to the economy that was masked and the moment a large scale, disaster like event occurred, everyone ran, afraid to be the last one out the door.

It really does not speak to the economy being as robust as it otherwise was purported to be.

I do however think the economy is overall sound, that demand is (or was) there and was solid, that jobs were good etc. I just think the stock market that so many view our economy as being about was overdone, and fragile due to that. Over-exuberance is not what stock markets or nations need. We need sound foundations and jobs for people to work, "minimum wage to upper-middle class", and then things are mostly OK. I am hopeful that those conditions will still exist after this COVID19 event passes but we will have to see. I am certain there will be caution in peoples actions even when we are free to travel and meet with others and the consumer economy kick back into gear.

Then we need to raise taxes...

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
Productivity isn’t about getting more things done, rather it’s about getting the right things done, while doing less. - M. Oshin

ER757

Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:42 pm

BawliBooch wrote:

Keep thinking that way and be ready for Trump's 2nd term.
You Bernie Bots need to grow the F*** up and realize that the reason he isn't winning is because more Democrats don't want him than do. Has ZERO to do with the DNC leadership. It's the actual votes being cast. So if you're going to be staying home again on election day like you did in 2016, you can look in the mirror the day after for why Trump's still in the WH on 1/20/21

NIKV69

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:42 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Progressive leftists liking Biden is the mirror image of conservatives liking Trump—it’s transactional based on relativity, not desirability.

Only difference is Trump can form a sentence and knows where he is at all times.
I am the Googlizer!!!

rfields5421

Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
Only difference is Trump can form a sentence and knows where he is at all times.

I just wish he was on the same planet as the rest of the people of the United States.

A JOKE.

Personally, I think Trump's vision of where he and the rest of the country are is Fantasy Land. But many other very rich people also don't live in the real world. Liberal or conservative. The folks in Hollywood don't seem to live in the same world as the rest of us.

----------------------------------------------------

This entire thread, including my poor contributions, is just mindless, useless speculation. If I wasn't basically confined with my wife, you would not have to put up with so much from me.

This Virus has thrown everything out the window for this election.

The question is no longer Can Biden Defeat Trump.

The question is will Trump's political life be destroyed by this virus. Because at the end of the day, Trump is the man in charge, and that means he is RESPONSIBLE for results.

This is resolved relatively easily, and life back to near normal by October, he will be re-elected.

Things are still in turmoil, uncertain, people confused - he will likely lose to anyone else.

Yes, it is not fair if you like Trump, or vice versa if you do not like him.

As President, he cannot avoid responsibility. It comes with the job.

There is an old navy story about a great new commanding officer for a ship. While at home one night before the ship sails on a long cruise, something happens and the ship sinks at the pier. He is the CO, it is his fault.

Some says he had bad luck.

Well the Bad Luck to be in charge when the unthinkable, the unsolvable happens is the worst thing than can happen to a leader.

GalaxyFlyer

Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:26 pm

All the news “media” are entertainment promoters and promoting death and destruction leads. This is why everything is a panic today. Without non-stop headlines, corona virus would be unknown. Thousands die annually of common flu, not news. A few hundred die from an unknown virus, it never ends. As pandemics go, it’s no 1919 one.

Aaron747

Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:36 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
All the news “media” are entertainment promoters and promoting death and destruction leads. This is why everything is a panic today. Without non-stop headlines, corona virus would be unknown. Thousands die annually of common flu, not news. A few hundred die from an unknown virus, it never ends. As pandemics go, it’s no 1919 one.

Baffling how anyone can have so much disdain for the medical profession.
If you need someone to blame / throw a rock in the air / you'll hit someone guilty

apodino

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:06 am

Biden is the presumptive nominee of a major political party in the middle of a national crisis and all of a sudden he has gone into hiding. We have seen very little of Biden since this whole thing broke out, and I don't get it. I know you don't hold office, but you are a former vice president, and you are in a position where you can rally the people around a solution and get the people reason to hope. Instead, he has stayed out of the way, and we have inept leadership on both sides of the aisle in Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer, and McCarthy, not to mention Trump picking media fights rather than doing good stuff for us. But Congressional leadership has failed on both sides, as both Pelosi and McConnell battle to see who's donors can benefit the most under the guise of a relief bill. I am completely disgusted right now, and I believe that all 435 members of congress and 33 senators up this year should all be voted out of office.

Sadly, I see no leadership in the White House, and Biden is now a hermit, but I look to Albany, NY and even though I have several political disagreements with him, Andrew Cuomo has shown leadership and deserves to be praised. In fact, if there was a way for Biden to step aside and have Cuomo be the democratic nominee, he would win in a landslide and I think he would do a good job as president. Mike DeWine is an example on the Republican side who has shown outstanding leadership as well. We have great leaders running states. Why cant we get good leaders in DC?

And if Biden continues to hide and the US gets out of this and the recovery goes well, no there is no chance he can defeat Trump. If he wants to defeat Trump, he needs to start showing leadership now.

FTMCPIUS

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:25 am

seb146 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Seb, came to this party late but have to chime in. Do your homework on why the economy was wrecked in 2008. Be honest now. What and whose policies (primarily) were the cause?

MaverickM11

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:20 am

NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Projecting again? Trump is barely literate, and babbles incoherently in every presser and tweet.
E pur si muove -Galileo

rfields5421

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:36 am

apodino wrote:
I believe that all 435 members of congress and 33 senators up this year should all be voted out of office.

I'll support that every election year, but the voters have an amazing willingness to put up with almost anything and re-elect their district Congressman. While bitching about the other 434 crooks. Other than retirement or running for another office, redistricting is the only way most Congressmen leave office. It take something like a criminal conviction to get a sitting member of Congress out of office if they want to stay.

apodino wrote:
Biden

I don't think Biden has a legitimate platform to be speaking right now.

Cuomo, Edwards in LA, Abbot here in Texas, and many others, are all state governors with responsibility to provide leadership. Within their states, and most are doing what they can. The Republicans have the most trouble because they cannot criticize the administration too much.

Anything Biden says is a second guessing and not trying to be part of the solution. And I'm certain anything that proves to not be perfect that he says will appear in campaign ads this fall.

He's more aware than most of the limitations on the White House and the President to do some things effectively.

Wish Trump understood that he is not an all powerful dictator. The US isn't a privately held company where he can command instant obedience. .

As I said above. This is not Biden's election to win, it is Trump's to lose. So far it seems that he is working hard to lose the election this fall.

Every statement doesn't have to be an absolute from him.

He doesn't need to say things like "Everybody who wants a test can get one today." He needs to say "I've directed the CDC and FDA to get the test out as quickly as possible. They assure me they are doing that."

He doesn't need to say things like I watched him the other day "Walmart is doing great. Strong, helping the economy. No more empty shelves. You can buy anything you want."

(Not sure Donald Trump has ever had a reason to go inside a Walmart, and that is not a criticism. He has never had to live on the level where Walmart, or even shopping, was necessary. He's lucky. More power to him. Just he should not assume the rest of us are 'less than' because we do have to take time and watch our pennies.).

He should have said something like "Walmart assures me their system is working and they are filling the shelves with what people want to buy as fast as possible."

If a reporter asks him why the shelves at the Walmart in East Podunk are empty - he needs to not call the guy a terrible reporter and unfair. He needs to direct the question to Walmart, though he could add "You know this stuff doesn't move by magic. It takes trucks, people and time to get it from the factory to the warehouse to the store and on the shelves. A lot of people are working long and hard to make that happen. Great people. Americans are such great people at getting things done."

A strong leader knows when to praise the work of the people under him/her and let them carry the public face of the crisis.

Biden not trying to interject himself into the conversation right now tells me he is smart. I don't know if he is a strong leader. That can come later. After the key crisis moment is past is the time for Biden to offer solutions. He has none to offer now. No one does.

Trump is the man stuck with the job, and sink or swim, this is the watershed moment in his presidency in my opinion. And no matter what he does or doesn't do. What he says or doesn't say. How this situation ends is out of his control. Of anyone's control.
Last edited by rfields5421 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickM11

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 am

Aaron747 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Baffling how anyone can have so much disdain for the medical profession.

The GOP is literally going to kill grandma between telling their rubes that grandparents should sacrifice themselves for the economy:
Texas Lt. Gov: Senior Citizens Willing to Die to Save Economy for Grandkids
https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-lt- ... -grandkids

And Eva Braun Ingraham telling Fox viewers “Doctors provide medical treatment and cures — they should not be the determinative voices in policy making now or at the end of 15 days,”

Doctors are part of the deep state, and the economy needs you to drop dead mawmaw. Thoughts 'n prayers.

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

You telling us or yourself? Because Trump has a 95% approval rating among republicans. That's not "transactional": he reflects the ugliest, most bigoted whims of republicans out in the open.

mham001 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

So, Fox did not call the virus a "hoax' and you are lying as usual?

You really want to die on that hill? Are Dobbs, CoRona, Rand Paul, Scott, etc etc part of the deep state now?
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:03 am

Cheering on the Second Great Depression?

NIKV69

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:04 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Cheering on the Second Great Depression?

Pelosi took Rahm Emanuel's advice and she will pay a price in November.
I am the Googlizer!!!

BN747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:27 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Projecting again? Trump is barely literate, and babbles incoherently in every presser and tweet.

For F***sake! I cannot believe this guy had the stones to say this, the English language didn't suffer beatdown this bad even from GWB!

Jim Jones would be dead jealous over the loyalty of these people. The term Cult has been redefined...because of a new found low brought to you by the GOP.

BN747

FTMCPIUS

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:53 am

BN747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

For F***sake! I cannot believe this guy had the stones to say this, the English language didn't suffer beatdown this bad even from GWB!

Jim Jones would be dead jealous over the loyalty of these people. The term Cult has been redefined...because of a new found low brought to you by the GOP.

BN747

I wonder what the combined grammatical error count will be during the first debate. My guess is 216, with Trump taking the lead, but I think I'm being lenient.

BN747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:56 am

FTMCPIUS wrote:
BN747 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

BN747

I wonder what the combined grammatical error count will be during the first debate. My guess is 216, with Trump taking the lead, but I think I'm being lenient.

No...consider yourself extremely generous.

BN747

bgm

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Ok now you're just trolling. Trump forming a sentence? Have you ever actually listened to him speak? He has a vocabulary list of 10 bigly words, if that. Covfefe :rotfl:
Less praying, more hand washing.

stratosphere

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:03 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Galaxy you and I are a minority on this forum the Trump Derangement Syndrome runs deep with these people. I have plenty of criticism of Trump but I lay the blame right where it needs to be at China's doorstep. They sat on this problem and let it get to the point of no return. Also what is the love affair the Democrats have with criminals? They seem to want to cut them all loose on the streets. Surprised there is no thread about the coronavirus relief package the democrats keep derailing it and adding more pork to it...

GalaxyFlyer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:07 pm

I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.

MaverickM11

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:14 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
I learned early, don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. Experts are no better at predicting the future than Joe Bag O’Donuts. They’re great at figuring facts but predicting the future where 7.5 billion “decision makers” are involved is tough.

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. '”

-Isaac Asimov

And that's how you get people drinking aquarium cleaner and dying because the President told them it was a cure.
E pur si muove -Galileo

NIKV69

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:58 pm

bgm wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Ok now you're just trolling. Trump forming a sentence? Have you ever actually listened to him speak? He has a vocabulary list of 10 bigly words, if that. Covfefe :rotfl:

Hey I am sorry you are stuck with Biden who cognitive ability is debilitating right before our eyes but it's not trolling. If you want to try to exploit the notion that Trump is as bad go right ahead but we all know how ridiculous and silly that is.
I am the Googlizer!!!